(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,280 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Cojua88
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6863 6 years ago

Really looking forward to this and, like everyone else on this thread, I'm really keeping the fingers crossed that new lebowskis come to fruition. That being said, based on previous updates we should definitely temper our expectations. An older update mentioned that the parts ordering process could take at least 6-8 weeks due to some longer lead time parts. So let's take the conservative estimate and say it will be two weeks before they get the green light to start ordering parts and 8 weeks to get them all, we're not looking at production to start for at least another 2 months. Me thinks it will be at least late June before a game could conceivably be produced. That all being said, this is forward progress for sure and this boondoggle is inching closer to becoming a real thing

1 month later
#7159 5 years ago

Very sad and unfortunate news. I feel terribly for those with money invested and sincerely hope you either get a refund at this point. I was high on the preorder list (new money) and was really looking forward to us all getting our machines.

1 year later
#8937 4 years ago

Same here. I've played a few Lebowski's and it's definitely my dream theme. I thought the game was awesome and I hope that EAs are made whole and folks like me can snag one as well in the not too distant future.

9 months later
#11760 3 years ago

Just out of curiosity, is the code being updated throughout the new runs to add additional modes, features, etc.? I am interested in this game (I've always been), but wondering the code's current depth and perhaps what DP may have promised regarding more code? Would love to hear thoughts of current owners on this front. Also, are the newer machines arriving with zero issues (or at least a lot less issues) than the earlier ones where folks were all trying to figure out homemade fixes?

Thanks!

7 months later
#12566 3 years ago

Really looking forward to seeing machines go out again, between the move to a new facility and the holidays I feel like it's been about a month or more with no forward progress. Hoping to start seeing 5+ more games per week start rolling off of DP's assembly line soon!

2 weeks later
#12670 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I can confirm that my machine does not have item 4, but has the new PETG plastics ( as far as I can tell as they are similar thickness to other plastic protectors I have bought). I believe mine has 8 and 11 also, but I would need to verify all the other items by comparing them to good photos of the mechs from old machines. Happy to do this if anyone cares.

If you're willing to validate whether your new build has the other advertised improvements then that would be helpful to the folks still on the wait list for sure. Part of my motivation to place my deposit was the latest newsletter that advertised all of these improvements...mainly updated code

2 weeks later
#12722 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Pre-ordered July 2019.

YIKES

3 months later
#13016 2 years ago

I preordered in November 2020 with the refundable $1000 deposit. At that point I was told March / April. I reached out to Melissa yesterday and I'm now told I'm 4 months out. Not sure that helps anyone, but wanted to provide the info to see what others are being told

1 month later
#13143 2 years ago

Has production basically stalled out given the supply chain issues? There has been little to no activity in weeks relating to unboxings or comments on receiving machines. Would love an update

#13145 2 years ago

Thanks for the update. I understand that machines are certainly going out to folks who are not on Pinside, but this thread had steady activity and then went very quiet which I thought was unusual. We are all rooting for DP and look forward to production being ramped up!

#13147 2 years ago

Appreciate the offer, but I have a 6 month old so I don't get out much

2 weeks later
#13160 2 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I contacted Melissa today to get an update. I put my grand down in November last year and she was telling me I'm about 60 days away. We will see how accurate that is though.

I'm in your boat having paid my deposit last November as well. I hope the estimate you were given is true since I was told April and then in April told 60 days out

#13174 2 years ago

How much is that apron?

#13177 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Eur 495 excl vat (if applicable) and shipping

If I want this included in my order and installed at the factory, so I tell cointaker or do I need to contact DP?

Thanks! I put my deposit down in November so shouldn't be too much longer I hope

#13180 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I think best way is through CT. DP doesn’t know which serialno goes to whom.

Thanks Rensh, I'll reach out to CT. Thanks for your continued support...I think I can speak for many when I say we appreciate everything your doing to improve the machine and owner experience.

1 week later
#13214 2 years ago
Quoted from jukeboxtim:

Hey Dudes I just received my Big Lebowski 20 minutes ago and will post pictures later tonight . Fed-X Freight did a awesome job getting it here from Pennsylvania to Northern Indiana in less then a day.

Congrats! Hopefully she's perfect and look forward to seeing pics and hearing how awesome she is!

1 week later
#13259 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Spoke with Melissa at Allentown. She felt confident I’ll be in the second to next batch coming over. I ordered with deposit November 2020. Basically a year turnaround at this point. I know this is only an estimate and things change but it’s encouraging for sure. Hopefully theres no more parts or shipping delays.

I'm in your boat having paid my deposit in early November of last year. Hope that is true

1 week later
#13264 2 years ago

This is awesome news! Really looking forward to getting mine.

Rensh - When can we expect production to ramp back up? How long is the holiday and I'm assuming you are also waiting to ensure you've resolved the PROC board issues.

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#13358 2 years ago

It's been stated before that the serial numbers aren't sequential and don't align with the number of games produced. I doubt there are more than around 250 TBLs out there. They have been produced in small batches since the first EAs to the tune of what seems like around 10-15 per month.

1 week later
#13407 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

What the cost of the apron to be added?

$600

1 month later
#13494 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Nothing on my end yet. Just got the invoice yesterday and paid this morning, though.

Did you happen to receive any updates regarding when you can expect your game?

1 week later
#13536 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Interesting, thanks. The hard surface to my basement French doors is about 300 feet of lawn lol. Worse case I’ll just put the machine on my dolly and pull it around if he won’t.

Congrats!! So about 3 weeks from paid invoice to delivery...not too bad. I'm coming up very soon. Keep us posted on unboxing and how the machine plays out of the box.

2 weeks later
#13572 2 years ago

I have been chatting with Melissa via email and was told my machine would definitely ship last week. I haven't heard back nor have I been invoices. I put my deposit down on 11/17. I reached out yesterday to get a status update but no response.

#13580 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Def not what I want to hear considering I’m probably in next months shipment according to Melissa. I hope all goes well.

Me too. Was really hoping to be enjoying this before the holidays. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

#13587 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I texted with Barry today and the returned EA game was EA69. I am EA70 and my game was shipped on 10/28 and is expected to be received at CoinTaker on Friday 11/12. Barry texted me the shipping manifest detailing the dates. I believe I am the only EA game in that batch along with 10 other games. I was hoping to have my game before this weekend but looks like more likely next week. Fingers crossed!
Ed

I hope you get your game soon so you can start enjoying it!!

#13595 2 years ago

Rens - I have been informed that my machine is included in the currently completed batch awaiting the shipper for pickup. Any updates regarding an expected pickup date? Melissa stated that it was supposed to ship the 1st week of Nov but eluded to shipping issues which you have confirmed. Would LOVE to get this before the holidays and curious if that's within the realm of possibility at this point.

Thanks!

1 week later
#13607 2 years ago

Rena - Can you confirm whether the batch that has been awaiting pickup from the shipper has been picked up or still waiting. I'm in that batch, per a recent email from cointaker, but haven't been invoiced yet. Just trying to figure out what's going on.

Thanks!

1 week later
#13612 2 years ago

I put my deposit down in Nov of last year and was basically told that my machine would definitely be here in November. Well, Melissa told me via email last week that my machine has landed in the U.S. and had already cleared customs and is just awaiting delivery to Cointaker. I was excited to hear that news for sure. Well, I got an email from her yesterday afternoon stating that my machine will be heading here from Dutch Pinball on a container in about 2 weeks and should land in the U.S. in about 6 weeks. I am very confused considering the conflicting info delivered about a week apart. Not sure what is going on, but if the latest news is true than anyone thinking they are in the next batch to be delivered is likely looking at a late Jan / Feb delivery date.

Bummer for sure dudes...but I guess we're kinda forced to abide.

#13619 2 years ago

There are a few folks who have posted recently that they put their deposits down either around the same time in November last year and I think someone in Jan of this year who have already received their machines. There is no rhyme or reason to it and I just don't understand why they can't be more transparent. If you have a list, then honor it and make it transparent. It's one thing to say that a machine is supposed to ship or scheduled to ship on a certain day and then that doesn't happen, it's another to potentially lie about the status or whereabouts of a machine like it seems occured in my case.

Strange behavior for sure and very frustrating. It will feel surreal when / if this machine ever actually arrives at my house. I have tried to give Cointaker the benefit of the doubt but not sure that's deserved at this point.

I just hope I eventually receive a fully functional game and not a lemon

#13620 2 years ago

By the way, Melissa also confirmed that they are no longer going to be invoicing customers until the machine arrives at Cointaker. I believe customers were being invoiced once the machines were ready to leave DP in the past.

#13629 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Anyone that says Melissa “told you for sure” about a TBL delivery date is lying. I deposited 12/6/20 and have been in contact with her a few times since then. Estimates any time I speak with her. She has no control over parts shortages or shipping issues. I’ve dealt with CoinTaker for years and they have been nothing but accommodating and great to work with. I would love to see this email that “guaranteed” more or less someone they were getting a game on a specific date. It’s just not true.

I certainly don't appreciate the implication that I'm lying. PM me your email address and I'll forward you the correspondences from her that I'm referring to. All I ask in return is, after you've read them, that you respond back to this thread and apologize. How does that sound?

3 weeks later
#13660 2 years ago

I was also invoiced yesterday and paid. So my details are:

Deposit Paid 11/17/20
Invoiced on 12/23/21

Hopefully we will receive our machines in Jan. I was told mine is amongst 11 machines currently on a slow boat to the U.S.

2 weeks later
#13682 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

CT informed me just last week that they were going to ship via container on water as air was too expensive…

I was told the same almost a month ago about mine. I emailed Melissa and she said they never made it on the ship and that batch, along with 10-11 more, are what we saw in Rensh's photo of the 21 games. She confirmed I'm in this batch.

I hope we get them this month...not sure how long they'll take to get here and how long they'll sit at customs. I feel like there's light at the end of this tunnel but won't believe it until it's sitting in my basement and hopefully problem free!

#13688 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Thanks but just to be clear she did not confirm they would be sent by air, she used the term “ship”, correct?

She specifically said that they purchased a 1/2 container to ship 11 machines via boat about a month ago because air freight charges were too steep.

#13690 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I confirmed with Rens that everything is being shipped by Air. They have not used boats in a few years and have no plans to switch back.

I understand that the 22 machines are now being airshipped which is excellent news. What I was told about 4 weeks ago is that it was too expensive to do so then and that they decided to purchase a half container to send via boat. Apparently the container never showed and that is why my machine has been sitting for almost a month. All good now as it sounds like it will be on its way to CT soon!

#13700 2 years ago

Would love to get confirmation once the current batch of 22 games ship out and get a sense for when they're expected in the US. I know they were supposed to ship out this week so hopefully that happened.

#13715 2 years ago
Quoted from B-Born05:

Received a “Shipment Notification” email from Cointaker, no tracking included, so followed up and informed they are being picked up from Cointaker on Monday and shipping company will contact us then for delivery arrangements.
For those keeping score 11/20/20 deposit, 12/23/21 invoice & paid, 1/20/22 shipment notification. If all goes well 1 year, 2 months & 1 week total. Hopefully next weekend I’ll be playing some TBL with some burgers, some beers, a few laughs. Our fucking troubles (will be) over, dude.

That is excellent news! I'm in this group and looking forward to receiving that email soon. The prospect of potentially getting this bad boy sometime next week makes me very happy

#13717 2 years ago
Quoted from B-Born05:

Definitely excited, looking forward to FedEx or whoever they are using has it local and makes contact to arrange delivery.

Haven't received any emails from Cointaker yet...has anyone else that it's this batch of 22 machines?

#13719 2 years ago
Quoted from B-Born05:

The email just looked like an auto generated response, I had received a duplicate invoice from them, so this may have just been accidentally sent part of cleaning up their files/ orders.Which is why I followed up and was informed, they are being picked up on Monday and then we will receive communication from their shipper.

Good to know. I was actually invoiced again today from them for the apron I paid for back on 12/24/21. All good, I don't think I'll expect to receive any email correspondence between now and when the shipper contacts me. Can't wait

#13724 2 years ago
Quoted from mkdud:

Cointaker is supposed to receive the shipment of 22 TBL's today according to Chris @ Contaker.

I'm assuming you spoke with Chris today? This seems to contradict the update that Melissa provided to B-Born05 when he spoke to her last week. Hopefully this just happens soon. For such a high priced item, it would be great to get some consistent comms from Cointaker...even a simple email to the owners of the incoming machines around expected delivery or just the fact that their machine has finally arrived would be greatly appreciated. I know there has been a lot of talk over why the waiting list can't be made more visible / transparent to all...but that hasn't happened. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

#13727 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I would assume you wouldn't get this before the 22 arrive at CT. Expect it in the next few days after they arrive.

Here's hoping you're right...can't wait. I was kinda hoping to get it by this weekend but not looking too likely. I've never been as excited to hear from FedEx!

#13733 2 years ago

I received my FedEx text earlier today and my delivery is scheduled for Friday! It's finally happening

#13754 2 years ago

I also got the lit apron and highly recommend. It really ties the machine together

#13759 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

How does the lock down bar fit on this latest batch of games? In the past they were a bit to wide for the game and fit a bit sloppy.

Excellent fit. I had heard that they went with a different supplier or perhaps a different lockbar design. In any case, the lockdown bar on mine seems perfect

#13763 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Congratulations - Looks to be a great location for it. Question - are those art blades that you installed, or were they factory? If you installed, were they difficult?

Those are from Pingraffix. They make black ones (pictured in the post) and blue ones (what I installed), so you get your pick. I use the wet method to apply side art which I have found to be successful and normally get the help of a buddy because a second set of hands can be helpful. Essentially, this is what I do:

1) Clean the area where you are going to apply the decals. For a new machine like TBL, it should already been fine
2) Raise the playfield up vertically
3) Peel the side art off and flip it over so the stick side is facing up
4) Apply soapy water (I used dish detergent) all along the sticky side. You want a nice soapy coating, but don't overdo it
5) Carry the side art over to the machine and position it correctly. This will require trial and error but the soapy water will allow you to apply and re-apply to get the position correctly. Ensure it's positioned correctly all along the side and make sure it isn't too high and getting into the track where the playfield glass slides into. You can use the hole in the back of the machine from the backbox hinge as a guide (there's a corresponding hole in the side art), but understand that it won't always align perfectly to that hole
6) Once positioned correctly, smooth the decal into place to get a nice adhesion. Wipe away any excess water and ensure you don't have any bubbling. If there are bubbles, smooth them out.
7) Repeat this process with the other side
8) Once completed and into the future, be very careful when moving the playfield in/out or up/down understanding that it's a fairly tight fit and you could easily damage your decals

I purchased a set of these protectors a long time ago and literally use them for every machine when I'm moving the playfield around. They have been awesome to have and I have never damaged side art or mirror blades as a result. https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

Hope that helps you out

#13767 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Dude, you should write instruction manuals! You have a talent!

Haha...I have done it enough I've got it down to a science! Once I started putting side art into my machines I now have to do it for every machine I own otherwise the damn thing seems unfinished to me. I just threw in my first set of mirror blades on a different machine (Star Trek) and like those too...but I think I'm more of a side art guy overall

1 month later
#13851 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Question for you, I know in the past the straps that hold the back box to the cabinet were so tight that it actually made an indentation into the artwork on the back box is that still the case?

That was the case for me when I received mine about 6 weeks ago. I was told to run a hair-dryer on it carefully but haven't done that yet. My machine is in the standard lineup arrangement so I don't see or notice it

#13858 2 years ago
Quoted from B-Born05:

I had the same issue, they are supposed to be sending me out replacements.

Me too. I was told I would be getting the replacement rails once the next batch of games shipped to the U.S.

6 months later
#14242 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I can attest that the 1.0 code is a complete game changer. Don't wait. This game will be in high demand once people see what DP has done...

Agreed. I have had a ton of fun beta testing and the game is a vastly improved with the new code. I think it will be very well received!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
15,000 (OBO)
$ 210.00
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.