(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,282 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by MR-808
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Did email Barry yesterday.. The game will basically be the same as NYC during TPF.

I'm surprised they'd still be running the same alpha code from October 2014/NYC 2014 without any updates for a game so close to production?

1 month later
#134 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Allentown maybe? Cointaker is going to be there and they are the first distributor (took a prototype to TPF)

That prototype will be at Allentown.

1 month later
#368 8 years ago

Is the software and hardware complete and ready to be manufactured?

5 months later
#843 8 years ago

Looks like they changed the PC in the head. Maybe they finally went to linux (instead of windows)?
I think that was the plan, and would save them on ms licensing. Terrific photos and lots of parts ready to install. Go DP!
Whats the new lcd panel look like?

4 months later
#1224 8 years ago

Why don't you just email Barry or whomever is in charge and ask for a project update. Are games being built, or are they still modifying the hardware based on TPF. When does the first container go out, etc, etc.

Any company worth their salt will get back to you in 24 hours. There is simply NO excuse for non-communication.

Quoted from JustLikeMe:

So, eight weeks since the last NSNL - anyone else hoping for one today?

3 weeks later
#1382 7 years ago

It's easy if you can get to the audio files.

Quoted from Hjbondar:

Around the time they pulled the original music I am pretty sure they said they were custom arranged for DP. The $64k question is whether this music can be replaced with "versions of an owner's choice?" I am hoping this will be the case. Does anyone have any insights on this?

3 weeks later
#1487 7 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Do we know yet how the software is updated? If it's similar to Stern - ie download file to PC and transfer it over - then hopefully a solution similar to pinball browser is possible.

Pinball browser does not work and is not needed on a P-ROC game. The audio files are single files and can be copied/replaced if you know the names and locations on the disc. The sound/music that was in the most recent video is very much improved from the last time I played it. Give it time until its done, they are moving in the right direction to a wonderful soundtrack.

#1518 7 years ago

I doubt it. Simply replace the file with your music and the same filename and run the update. Obviously save the originals to return it to stock.

Quoted from sd_tom:

They could have put checksum verification on the wave files to make it not that simple but promising.

1 month later
#1784 7 years ago

Is this machine UL certified?

Quoted from sd_tom:

Stern did it too. Believe it has to do with UL certification. Now that the power is in the back box vs giant transformer in the bottom, power switch co-located.

#1786 7 years ago

Regardless, it's an inconvenient place to put a power switch and I would have expected it to be under the cab like every other non-spike game. Oh well.

Quoted from sd_tom:

Dunno, Europe has CE I believe as requirement ; with UL being optional in USA. Whether certified or not, prob using best practices. Comment was just Stern nor anyone else with power supplies in the head didn't move the power switch simply to jerk people around
Think there's someone with a power switch relocation solution in one of the spike threads / parts list from digikey. Guy put power switch on coin door in tournament button spot (obviously for home use)

6 months later
#2784 7 years ago

I looked at the changelog for .46 and .47 and there are a bunch of updates in both. Bugfixes and new features. Koen has been very hard at work on .47 and I understand there are several beta testing this version. Once thing for sure, software is maturing nicely.

Quoted from taz:

.45 to .47 seems like a 2% upgrade, so I'm not expecting much this time around.

3 weeks later
#3268 7 years ago

According to the dutchpinball forum:

How will you receive your updates:
- When a new update becomes available we will e-mail the download link and changelog to all The Big Lebowski™ Pinball owners (for the machines that have shipped).

[email protected]

Quoted from eggbert52:

Does anyone have the latest stable code they can email me? I unfortunately got left off of the list for code. Please PM me if you have the last stable code. I think the last code was unstable so the one before that.
I would greatly appreciate it.

1 week later
#3505 7 years ago

Stern would never build this game. It would have to be converted to spike and stern electronics.

Quoted from Richthofen:

Wait so the second game, which they have taken zero preorder dollars for, is blocking production of the first game? That is pretty messed up. DP should be working to get the original games out the door pronto. Eff the second game; that's counting the chickens before they hatched.
I still contend even the best case scenario, like switching to Stern and rolling off games before the end of the year would be > $1000 per game. (no way that happens anyways, it's likely ARA has tons of parts and proprietary stuff on hand that would need to be recreated and you can bet ARA isn't going to just hand over playfields and other parts if their contract is getting cancelled)

2 weeks later
#3735 7 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

If it is true that ARA wanted 1,000 euros more per game, that was a huge miscalculation by ARA. I believe production cost of a pin is around $3,000. If ARA now wants $4,000 per game, they were off by 30%.

You have no idea the cost of making a pinball like this. Try doubling that. That's why there is not much left to negotiate on a price increase.

1 week later
#4290 7 years ago

I don't think they would sell 25 of these. Is sounds more like wishful thinking.

Quoted from eggbert52:

For those of you saying the profits from BOP 3.0 aren't enough to get the rest of the TBL made, what makes you think so? 25 BOP, $12,500 per machine = $312,500.
250 remaining TBL with $1,000 increase = $250,000. The cost of each BOP to make is probably $2.5K so that's your remaining $62,500. Totally feasible.

2 months later
#5028 6 years ago

DP should be more concerned with producing the 250 machines they sold than worrying about the future of DP. Their boat has sailed, they have 2 guys left (the owners) and think they have a future? Make the deal and ensure no changes in the contract for the 250 games and be done with game 1. At least save your dignity and give people what they paid for.

1 month later
#5921 6 years ago

you might want to specify which mechanical issues specifically that people reported. you don't want a blanket statement that all issues are fixed unless you know which ones are issues.

I'd like to know about software support and going further. They don't have a programmer anymore and its not a system that anyone can jump in and update.

Quoted from RTR:

If you have a concern, shoot them an email. Jaap will probably answer it in the next video update. Here the questions I submitted:
- Will you have a testing period for the 0 series?
-There were a few mechanical issues that some people reported in the released games, will you be fixing these or doing anything differently in the new build?
- I understand the new money is definitely in the 200 machines that CT/Nitro have sold and are holding deposits on. I can understand being creative on when machines ship to help cash flow. Do you anticipate shipping to both EAs and 'New Achievers' as you build machines? Or will you be sending New Achievers out first?

1 month later
#5983 6 years ago

And who's going to fix the code if the new boards need code modifications? DP currently doesn't have a programmer.

1 month later
#6204 6 years ago

Koen the programmer left DP a long time ago and has a full time job, so I'd say that's a big NO. He did a nice job on the software, but I wouldn't count on getting any updates.

Quoted from TKDalumni:

Any word on if code is still being worked on?

#6217 6 years ago

So what will become of the ARA built TBLs? Will they be disassembled and sold for parts? I assume the license won't allow ARA to sell them assembled on the open market.

1 week later
#6378 6 years ago

The original price for EA games was $8500 US

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/6#post-2486262

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

It was already the same price 10k$ for EA games. Correct?

#6382 6 years ago

I believe number 200-300 were ordered by CT and Nitro. This is 100 units, not 300. The first 200 were the remaining Early Achievers that stayed in.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The rumors was 300 TBL's were ordered by CT and Nitro. Your question is - how many of those are unassigned to a customer, right? What with some waiting lists, CT and Nitro may have a handful of games that people dropped out or that they overordered. I'll bet it is not many though. Hasn't pricing remained the same at each distributor - everyone gets the same deal?

#6384 6 years ago

No that was one that was damaged in shipment to a customer. I guess CT took it back and issued a refund? They probably decided not to ship it back or were waiting for direction from DP on what to do with it.

Quoted from Waldo:

Was that the TBL that was at Expo?

#6398 6 years ago

You need more info. Was it a hardware reset (down to the bios) or a game reset back to attract mode. Big difference.

Quoted from Mr68:

I don't know about the reset and that's the first I've become aware of them. I will be sending that link to DP for them to review.

#6411 6 years ago

What is the PROC fix kit and what does it fix?

Oh wait was this the "PROC Not Found" error the early owners were seeing. Something about how the p-roc boards were mounted they were losing connection to the PC?

Quoted from Mr68:

I heard back from Barry almost immediately and they are sending me the PROC fix kit. Outside of minor tweaks this has been the only issue my game has had and it's been rock solid for a year (?) now.

1 week later
#6424 6 years ago

It will be interesting if TBL 2.0 made in china is better/worse or the same as TBL 1.0

Quoted from mavantix:

Wow, that's awesome! One actually exists in the wild. White Russians for all?!

#6433 6 years ago

I noticed that too. Definately different.

Quoted from sd_tom:

That looks like full rez lcd vs dots mode or just photo blur?

#6465 6 years ago

P3-roc not found is a connection issue. USB on computer to p3roc USB. Try to disconnect/reconnect the USB cable

Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Last week I dropped my Lebowski off with a pinball technician due to my ongoing issues with the bowling alley. With some help from Barry he was able to get everything working, and I collected it and brought it home yesterday. I got it home and for one game everything was working perfectly. Unfortunately during the second game all the solenoids died simultaneously during gameplay, and none worked during test. I raised the playfield and the red fuse LEDs for F01, F02, F03 and F08 weren’t lit, despite none of the fuses appearing to be gone. I tried removing and reseating all the connectors, thinking that something could have come loose in transport, but this only made things worse – now when I start the machine I get the ‘P3-ROC NOT FOUND PLEASE CHECK CONNECTION & POWER’ message on the LCD.
When I power on the machine the blue LEDs on the p-roc light up, so I assume that the power is ok, and all other connections seem solid. Has anyone had a similar issue? It’s frustrating - everything was finally working correctly for a brief moment, and now the machine won’t even boot!

1 month later
#6542 6 years ago

Almost 8400 games and nobody got a trophy? I assume you get trophies from bowling?

Quoted from genex:

Just checked audits and my machine now has the following as of the 18th
Total games played: 8381
Total regular balls: 29683
Total extra balls: 25
Trophies collected: 0
Registered players: 255
Average score: 1,883,993
Average game length: 03:32

#6544 6 years ago

I would imagine these are mystery awards and the ratio is really low on these! If I recall TRON has an extra ball mystery around 1:150 with stock EB percentage. How do you get an extra ball, is it a mystery award?

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Nobody wins an extra ball anymore? 25 extra balls is like one per 300 games. Is this even being counted correctly?

#6547 6 years ago

Thanks how do you get trophies? It appears nobody has gotten any or the audits aren't getting updated...

Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Yup, at the moment Extra Ball is a very rare mystery award.

4 months later
#7007 5 years ago

Is there a plan? You'd never know by the lack of communication.

Quoted from gliebig:

Is the plan to keep the same number of limited pins or are they planning to open up production and sell as many as possible?

#7012 5 years ago

I recall 300 too. This was what they thought they could realistically sell before the license expired. I guess they needed to get an extension if they are still going to make TBL? Frankly, I would like to see them make enough to fill the preorders (150?). How many 10K machines could you sell?

Quoted from gliebig:

Really? I thought I remember reading it being limited to 300ish pins.? Don't know where I got that from.

3 months later
#8314 5 years ago

They should take out a loan, pay off area for the games sitting in boxes, ship them to the ea's and close shop. This trying to build games with new Money to eventually satisfy their obligations will never work. Game over.

5 months later
#8610 5 years ago

Jeff Bridges net worth: Jeff Bridges is American actor, producer, and country musician who has an estimated net worth of $70 million dollars. Jeff Bridges was born in Los Angeles, California on December 4, 1949.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Is Jeff Bridges hurting for money? I was surprised to see him and Harrison Ford slumming it in Super Bowl ads.
I guess he’s gotta feed the monkey.

5 months later
#8988 4 years ago

Wow this story has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

DP has 40 games to sell (that are hostage at ARA). Some of these games are paid in full others have deposits on them. All were purchased by early achievers.
DP owes ARA an unknown amount and needs to pay up so they will sell the 40 games that belong to EAs to pay their debt? So they are selling a game twice? Is the world insane? Who would go for this? Nobody should buy the 40 games unless they are the 40 individuals that purchased the game originally. If thats not enough to pay off the debt, too bad, thats DPs problem. Get a loan like every other business to make up the difference.

Besides weren't these games purchased by EAs before the second wave of games were pre-ordered? They only shipped like 50 games of round 1 right before they supposedly had their issue with ARA?

#8991 4 years ago

That is so wrong. We are not talking conceptually, it's literally like buying stolen goods. I am sure DP won't tell the prospective buyers "Oh by the way, this game was already sold but we are reselling it to pay off our debt, and eventually we'll get back to the first owner, thanks very much..."

Quoted from flynnibus:

Sorry, but thinking the whole world is gonna hold fast on that white knight stuff is fantasy. People who want the game will pay.
Here there are real games ready... and some unknown future of games will ever be made again. You are given the option to buy one... the only thing that will hold people back is ensuring their funds won't disappear.
If cointaker is willin to act as that escrow... these games will be sold by the weekend.

1 week later
#9430 4 years ago

Nope and Nope

Quoted from kermit24:

Preorders didn't get an opportunity to pay more and get them?
Is future production likely?

#9468 4 years ago

Lets see 40 games shipped and delivered to customers before we even consider what would happen next.
Just getting the 40 games out of the Netherlands without drama will be a great feat.
This is supposed to happen 1st week of August?

1 week later
#9535 4 years ago

I don't believe any more TBLs will ever be made. I hope I'm wrong.

Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Just remember, when all the EA’s get their games in the future. The 40 buyers of these games from ARA will happily take that thank you.

#9591 4 years ago

Sorry there is no way they have parts to build 100 games. Maybe they have 100 p-roc boards, a few more parts but no way they have 100 cabinets, 100 monitors, 100 board sets, 100 computers, etc, etc, etc. I bet they couldn't build 5 complete games with the parts they have.

Quoted from dung:

disagree. I would have been in for 12.5 if i could have used a cc as I didn't have 12.5 in cash sitting around that day. If they only built 100 more I'd debate buying one at 10, but if it made it to regular production no way I'd pay 10 in its current form. At that points its not rare and frankly there are better games for the money. Design wise its a little dated already compared to the latest machines coming out.

#9649 4 years ago

I'm intrigued by the software. The last version I saw was 0.43, so it will be interesting what changes were made to get the Made in China prototype to work. Then would this version be 100% compatible with the games made in 2016? At a bare minimum I would request version 0.43 software download as a backup in case the version updated on the 40 games has any incompatibilities.

Here is the only video I was able to find running version 0.43. Do any owners have a more recent version?

#9667 4 years ago

Wow that is so helpful and a great read! I'm a big fan of Koen's coding, thanks for that. I wonder how many owners aren't running 0.48? Quite a few things added/fixed in subsequent releases. So if the 40 games shipped are not running at least 0.48 they should be updated upon arrival.

Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Haha that's actually my video! Made that not long after getting the game for the people waiting to receive theirs. There have been a few updates since then - I've kept all the code so I have versions 0.42, 0.43, 0.44, 0.45 and 0.48 if anyone needs them. Just checked my emails from DP and 0.46 and 0.47 weren't released publicly, just to a few beta testers. Apparently slightly updated software is going to be released soon...
Here's the complete changelog that I've pieced together from various emails:

#9945 4 years ago

One of the several parts of a build that I would doubt exists in inventory. Without that part, no new games will be made.

Quoted from jwilson:

I was told the wholesale price on the bowling unit was $1,000. Given the pretty limited payoff that seems like a bad value.

#9981 4 years ago

Someone said 10 days to go (yesterday), so maybe 9 days from now? Apparently the games were picked up at ARA.

Quoted from estrader:

So when do these games make it stateside and into peoples homes?

#10051 4 years ago

Really? First the shipped games have to make it to PA (cointaker hq). Then they get shipped to customers. RIght?

Quoted from VividPsychosis:

That’s a cool story and all, except, as usual completely uninformed. My game and 19 others will ship today.

#10080 4 years ago

Poster said last version was 0.48 so they should have this installed from the factory. Here is a link to the specifics.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/194#post-5128700

Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Which code is on the boxed machines? The code that was on machines released and boxed back then is likely not the most current. I don’t have dates in front of me but there was a Pretty sizable code release that included the car modes and other things that are likely not included in the code on these games that have been sitting in limbo. Is that code update still available??

1 week later
#10243 4 years ago

The only person that knows this is Barry and I highly doubt he will answer any of these questions.
Based on owners there are around 90 TBLs made (50 shipped years ago and 40 that were made years ago that shipped now).

Quoted from Londonpinball:

How much money did DP bring in ?
How many games did they make ?
The avg total cost to build each game must me have been $25,000.00 ?
Does anyone know ?

#10325 4 years ago

Seems 40 people thought it was worth 12,500.....

Quoted from drfrightner:

Did anyone see the Big Lebowski game go up for sale for 45k? Person just signed up today ... can someone say Kaneda?
So he's gone from 100,000 plus $19.95 shipping to 80 something thousands now we're looking at 45k.
This brings up an interesting discussion... what do you think its worth? What would someone actually pay? $20k? 25K? More less what?
I don't think ANYONE is going to pay $45k that just isn't going to happen. I have the game and if someone wants to pay me $40k SOLD! LOL
How much do you realistically think someone would pay?

#10337 4 years ago

I am way more interested in hearing about gameplay, strategies and overall impression of the game vs cost of the game and speculators.

#10343 4 years ago

The P3ROC and P-ROC have a software control of the flipper so an EOS is not needed. Provided the power supply has enough power (amps), the hold coil on the flippers should engage just fine. Hard to say what was happening with the game you played.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Somewhere in this thread (before the price debate) someone mentioned DP used WMS type flipper mechs but did not use EOS switches? I played one of these and noticed on a VUK shot to the flipper it would fall. Is there a setting or adjustment to Hold the flipper? Also whats up with the flipper lock up feature and can that be disabled?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10370 4 years ago

Wait, 2 TBLS in NYC and both aren't working? Whats the problem? With 50 games out there I am sure someone else had the issue and fixed it. Did they try?

Quoted from Mr68:

My friend, Gene in San Francisco has had his TBL on location for the past three years or so. He has a fantastic mechanic keeping the game alive and they have been passing along engineering fixes/suggestions to Dutch Pinball. Suggestions that DP actually incorporated into the new designed machines for the now failed China build.
Sunshine Laundry in New York has two TBL's, also from the original delivered 50 machine lot, but both have sat broken for a very, very long time now.

#10372 4 years ago

Not seeing any info on the issues in the NYC machines so I guess they didn't check pinside!

1 week later
#10638 4 years ago

If Barry is truly trying to help the EAs and wants them to get their games he shouldn't ask EAs for more money.
He should offer new TBLs for 12,500 to non-EAs only and every 2 new money TBLs he makes he should make the third for the next EA in line.
This should be communicated with every EA and a plan should be in place for how this will be accomplished.
He shouldn't say he is making XXX number of TBLs as he is a terrible planner. Make as many as you can along the way until the license expires and at least make some people whole.

EAs shouldn't have to wait until the end of time to get their game and it would be a sign of good faith on his part that he is making games and fulfilling his obligations. i think the non-EAs might spring for the game if they see these assurances.

#10747 4 years ago

Well first you have to have 12,500 liquid to use for an undetermined length of time, then you have to find a sucker to sell for a HUGE margin. I long for the old days of pinball where people bought games to actually play and enjoy.

Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I heard that too. I cant believe anyone would have backed out considering they can easily sell at a HUGE margin. It is a zero-risk / huge reward situation for those who can stomach the bad press of being a flipper on the machine under the circumstances. You cant get that kind of return with zero risk anywhere else!

#10798 4 years ago

Don't mean to correct you , but its Koen. He is amazing programmer and a nice guy.

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

The only employee on payroll was Koon (the programmer) the rest did the work for a game.

#10800 4 years ago

Here's a blast from the past when the game was shown and Jonathan had a nice talk with the team.
http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=2285

#10876 4 years ago

The game was coded a long time ago. This is not a new game. The programmer is GONE, but is the code complete? Is there a wizard mode? Does everything work? If there are existing bugs or features missing I would agree the game needs code updates but that's not been stated anywhere I read.

Quoted from estrader:

How many more people are going to buy without the code updates? If Barry builds more it waters down the rarity effect and without code updates the game is not complete so asking people to pay 12.5 for a game that all of a sudden isnt rare without code updates is a tough sell.
Is not like Dutch pinball is stern or jersey jack where you know code updates are coming and these more proven companies will get the code updates complete(unless you’re a ghostbusters or potc owner).

2 weeks later
#10995 4 years ago

They probably don't want to tell people they are #7 or whatever in case Barry can't built 7......
This is a tenuous situation. You will definately get a call when the game is made and you need to submit payment.

Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Seems strange they won’t share where people’s spots are on the list. What is the motivation? More secrecy is not what this quagmire needs.
You all recall on Kaneda when he spoke to the big Lebowski flipper, he was a late add to the list and snagged one of the 40 due to others backing out in front of him.

3 weeks later
#11090 4 years ago

That was not the proposed plan for new builds I read. Money was to be held by distributor until game is read to ship.
Unless you are saying profits from shipped games are being used for parts.... that would be acceptable.

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Money taken in from new orders is being used - well some of it- to order new parts to continue building games

2 weeks later
#11128 4 years ago

Actually you are paying $12,500 now for a game and hoping to get a rebate someday. But at least you are getting a game now.

Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

These are not the original ones. This is a second TBL for $12,500 which includes shipping. I'm at the very end of the EA list so I quickly replied to Barry when he sent the email a while back about the opportunity to buy a second TBL now and either get my original TBL when it's produced later or receive a refund.
Since I jumped on the EA list at the end, my cost was $9,500 and I'd pay for shipping. Worse case, I'll have an expensive TBL, but I'll have one if Barry isn't able to finish production of all EA machines due to finances. I'm hopeful that all EA TBLs will be built. If so, I'm paying about a $2,600 risk avoidance premium to have my TBL now and enjoy it now.
Hopefully all will go well and I'll get the refund for my original TBL around the same time that JJP announces Toy Story.

#11130 4 years ago

Sorry, excuse my tone and enjoy your game. You've certainly earned it.

Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

I realize that. That's why I said this above, "Worse case, I'll have an expensive TBL, but I'll have one if Barry isn't able to finish production of all EA machines due to finances."

3 months later
#11512 4 years ago

Summary. You can read the last 231 pages if you want the details

2014 DP took deposits (and many paid in full) for 190 games.
2015-2016 DP and ARA (manuf.) worked to create the game and finalize.
2016 55 games were shipped (40 more games were boxed and sat in a warehouse). DP was out of money and ARA was owed money.
135 people were owed games. Employees let go, partner ships dissolved.
2017-19 Various things were done to get back on track but nothing happened. ARA sued DP.
2019 DP/ARA worked out an agreement per court to sell the 40 boxed games for 500k to pay back ARA and DP (Barry) gets the remaining parts.
late 2019 40 boxed games were brokered by Cointaker (who were also owed games).
DP and Cointaker work out additional deal for new TBLS to be made for 12.5k each.
Estimated 135 people are still owed games from 2016. Deal would make those 135 people whole someday after 265-365 games are sold to new
buyers (no specifics on timeline).
Present Barry (DP) and helpers begin building games.
Its unknown at the moment how many were built but an estimate 8-16 shipped to new buyers with 4 more in progress.
In a nutshell DP needs to build at least 400 games (265 new money and 135 owed). No timeline for those owed yet.

Quoted from irobot:

I cannot make heads or tails out of this thread.
So Dutch Pinball offered a game called "The Big Lebowski." (Which I saw at the Allentown Pin Fest)
People paid up front for the game, about $12,000. Don't know how many people did this.
A small number of people received games from Dutch Pinball. Don't know how many.
Dutch Pinball went out of business and stiffed the people who paid up front.
Now they're making the game again and it's being sold to NEW customers by Cointaker.
But the original customers are still waiting? Or are they getting their games?
And the TBLs are showing up for sale by the customers on classified ads at nosebleed prices.
WTF
Could someone who knows about this saga make a real quick summary? Pretty please with little sugar dumplins on top?

#11536 4 years ago

Something different but only Barry knows.

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I'm new to this thread and a HUGE TBL fan. I am asking out of curiosity, not looking for a fight:
What is the perceived plan for DP? Sell 3 new games a week, and send a 4th game to an EA to make up for the pre-orders? At 12.5k each, that's a lot of extra scratch to help DP make up for lost time. Do I have that right, or do you feel it's something different?

#11558 4 years ago

Most people consider a plan with detail like this:
After 50 paid in full new games are shipped every 5th paid game will go to an owed EA.

Until details like this are released there is no plan only new games being made to new money. Hope is not a plan.

Quoted from fosaisu:

It seems like you guys fully understand that DP announced a plan and has shown evidence of carrying out its early stages, but you doubt whether a) DP really intends to ship games to EAs at all, or b) regardless of DP’s intentions, whether they can pull it off. Both understandable doubts to have at this point given the history and that DP has yet to show movement on the key final step of the plan, shipping games to EAs. But it doesn’t really track to say “there is no plan.”

4 months later
#11943 3 years ago

Did EA #52 ever arrive? I didn't see any news about it. That would be one hell of a party at my house!

Quoted from orangestorm87:

so any news on the EA game that got shipped recently? Unboxing Photos/video?

1 month later
#12021 3 years ago

Does the tbl license expire at the end of the year? What happens then? Can dp renew it again?

1 month later
#12167 3 years ago

Wasn’t 59 the last EA to get a game?

Quoted from Lamberger:

should be roughly 10 or more by now. Pinside owner list is at 132 and I know people that have em that are not on pinside.
So EA62 and higher hopefully.

2 months later
#12530 3 years ago

Games aren't shipped out 3-4 at a time. DP has to fill a container of 20 or 30 games so its months until this happens, then cointaker gets a shipment. rinse and repeat.

Quoted from okgrak:

Lol at mid April. Scroll up this post and see
how many people have been making posts
about receiving games over the last four months. Many of us have paid in full for four months now, and been on a waiting list for a year and still don’t have games. If cointaker was actually getting 3-4 games per week over the past four months there would be a ton more activity on here and the owners thread. Both have almost no activity. It’s your money though.

#12532 3 years ago

Do you know how many people are ahead of you in the queue? Do you know how many containers of games cointaker received in the past 4 months?

Quoted from okgrak:

So in the 16 weeks since I paid in full, Cointaker should have received 2-3 containers........... yet I don't even have an estimate for when my game is shipping. Smells right.
If you are on the fence about pre-ordering, just accept the reality right now before making the decision, that is all.

#12542 3 years ago

When it first started again in 2019. But I hear things have changed now. Previous owner said DP air freights 3-4 games at a time to cointaker (for USA purchases). Its like a moving target, always changing. Guess thats good.

Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok where did you here this?

1 week later
#12562 3 years ago

In the thread you'll see someone usually posts the newsletter the same day its released so I wouldn't worry about it. When a new one is available it will be posted here.

Quoted from timlah79:

I searched and can only find random posts on random sites. Is there a follow link/thread or email subscription somewhere for this "New Shit Newsletter"?

1 week later
#12569 3 years ago

Really surprising. How do people find out about TBL without pinside?

Quoted from Rensh:

No worries. Progress has been made.
But if I have learned one thing is that not a lot of TBL buyers are on pinside .... see so little unboxing posts where I know TBLs have left the factory .

2 months later
#12849 3 years ago

plan on waiting a year and be pleasing surprised if it shows up sooner. There is a queue and machines ahead of a new order.....

PROS: I easily have the money and the patience to buy this game.
CONS: The timeline constantly changing for others and a history of things going wrong.
Would I rather pay 12,500 for a NIB and wait or spend an extra 2-3k for one now?... meh, I'd rather wait. Plus these new ones are all updated with hardware fixes, right?
Thinking about joining the line. What have you guys waited from deposit until now? Cointaker website says 6-8 months. I have no problem waiting that long, just wanna know how accurate that is.
=======================================
EDIT: After searching way back, is it fair to say 6-8 months until they ask for final payment, and then 4-8 weeks from final payment to delivery?

1 week later
#12900 3 years ago

Progress is getting made but more like 1 EA a month. Wasn’t #52 redone because it was damaged in shipment?

Quoted from TRAMD:

That's awesome. It wasn't but a few months ago that we saw #52 show up. That means about 3 EAs per month. At that rate, all EA's will have their game in a little over 3 years! If you are thinking about buying this pin, do it! We are going to see this happy ending eventually!

1 week later
#12940 3 years ago

Nope, music and callouts will be the same, it was already noted by the guy that uploaded the video. music playing over gameplay was added.

Does anybody have any concerns with the latest Alien promo video? There was music playing OVER the gameplay, which can't be a good sign. No music, no sounds, and the gameplay was chopped up and there was no display shown if I remember correctly.
I love Alien and of course I love the price too, but that promo gave me more concerns than confidence. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I knew it could be built correctly.
TBL on the other hand is definitely moving in the right direction. Production seems to be increasing and code is being updated. My confidence rises with each new batch delivered to buyers. I hope they continue to sell well and I'd even consider buying their next game if dp was to create another.

2 months later
#13111 2 years ago

https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software.php
March 2021 0.55 was released. changelog is here too.

no option for adding voices/sounds unless you know where they are stored and hack your way in

Quoted from ezatnova:

Thanks. Strange, I keep up on this thread (one of the few who honestly read it from page 1 all the way through over several weeks), and I didn’t see anything about a recent code update, nor an option relating to the sound/voice choices. Was it here or on a different thread?

1 month later
#13254 2 years ago

That will never happen.

Quoted from fosaisu:

“Questionable” on new orders in 2022 doesn’t sound great - DP still has a long ways to go to make all the OG preorders whole, and they need to keep selling games to make that happen.

1 month later
#13368 2 years ago

Happy to see you got your game! Hope you enjoy it for years to come!!

3 weeks later
#13483 2 years ago

No way. Don't believe it mister. Plan for a year and if you get it in less time, bonus!

Quoted from cconway84:

I was just looking on Nitro pinball's site and they state ship time is only 1-2 months from preorder. Seems wildly optimistic? And yes I know they are for canada only and mine is on order with Cointaker. Just curious if the Canadians are getting them quickly.
NOW TAKING DEPOSITS FOR TBL. PRICE IS $12,500.00 USD + applicable taxes.
$1000.00 DUE NOW. BALANCE OF GAME DUE WHEN READY TO SHIP.
Ship time is approx 1-2 months based on current wait list.
US customers are required to place their orders via Cointaker.com

3 weeks later
#13541 2 years ago

Another game in PA congrats!

Quoted from ezatnova:

Cool, thanks. I have a truck so that’s an option. When I bring games home myself, I just back right up to the basement doors and bring them in with a helping hand. Heard these machines are beefy!
Hopefully will have pics in a few hours!

4 months later
#13824 2 years ago

I thought the last EA number was #70. That would be 35 more EAs to be produced no? Unless you got one out of order somehow?

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Serious question:
Would you swap TBL EA#105 and $9000 for a Big Bang Bar..

1 month later
#13899 2 years ago

So they are making Lebowskis for at least the next 13 months. How long will they be made? Guess as long as there are new orders coming in?

4 weeks later
#13995 1 year ago

According to this thread, if you look back the past 2 years there were 10-12 EAs a year that got games. I'm sure there were external reasons (shipping, supply chain that threw off the intent but these are the numbers).

Every batch has had two EAs with it. So that's two EAs per month or so, 24 a year.

2 months later
#14152 1 year ago

Looks like EA 81 was the last received according to this thread. Maybe there are a couple more in the recent batch delivering now but 114 is still a ways off.

Quoted from wcbrandes:

What recent achiever numbers have been shipped? Was told mine would be about Aug at 114? This was during the supply chain slow down. Cheers

2 months later
#14223 1 year ago

According to the thread, the last EA to receive a game was EA #81

Quoted from BrianMadden:

Anyone know what number EAs they're on these days? I'm #97 paid in full Oct 2014.

#14226 1 year ago

Great! Thanks for the update.

Quoted from Rensh:

EA90 and 91 are now on the line.

5 months later
#14453 1 year ago

193 was the last EA assigned due to a mix up. The last received EA before this one was 111. So EA between 112 and 192 = 80 remaining.
That does not count those that dropped out/took refund. Can only make a guesstimate as we'll never know, only DP knows.

Quoted from beltking:

193 was the latest. They said they were trying to get them all done this year.

1 week later
#14496 1 year ago

111 was the last one before the out of sequence 193, so 112 should be next.

Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

Anyone know the latest EA number to go out?

#14498 1 year ago

Excellent! Thanks for the update!

Quoted from Rensh:

I think 118 was last made. So, 119 is up I guess.

#14511 1 year ago

He just got his shipping notice today, you'll probably get your shipping notice this week too. They are all going on the same boat unless you sprung for air (is that still an option?)

Quoted from Scotty_K:

Hey, I'm glad to see that you are getting your machine, but how does someone who ordered after me and paid after me get his machine shipped first?
Ordered 2/1/2022
Paid invoice 12/15/2022
Shipment notice TBD

2 months later
#14714 10 months ago

That’s wonderful that DP is improving the game 8 years later. What dedication!

Quoted from Scotty_K:

You would be correct, sir...

It also has the new board in the back box with the power connections for mods:
[quoted image]

1 week later
#14735 10 months ago

Did your email change or perhaps the invoice was delivered to your spam folder?

Quoted from bnkbryan:

You are the 2nd person who I have seen post here that ordered later then me and has posted receiving an invoice.
My order was placed 5/22/2022 and still no invoice.

4 months later
#15007 6 months ago

What’s the latest ea delivered?

looks like last EA received was #123 3 months ago, with 5 other EAs being made (125,127,128,130,133) but none received yet? Hopefully more arrive soon.

#15019 6 months ago

Probably end of the year.

Quoted from Capn12:

I wonder when 'Last Call' will happen from DP for TBL...because the lead time is so far in advance, it is going to be a tricky bit of timing.

1 month later
#15120 4 months ago

Seriously. Congrats, you deserve it!

Quoted from Nilroc:

8 years of waiting!
Finally arrived this afternoon

#15135 4 months ago

If power is off its a mechanical issue. Like the bracket is rubbing, the coil sleeve, etc. Lift up the playfield and move the flipper with your hand and you'll see whats sticking.

Quoted from Nilroc:

I guess I spoke too soon.
I’ve got the right flipper getting stuck in the up position. I have confirmed it is a mechanical problem. Turned power off and flipper stays up.
If anyone has had this issue and has the correct way to fix. Let me know. Thanks

1 week later
#15141 4 months ago

Someone that ordered 8 years ago.

Quoted from daveyvandy:

I am joining the party late. What is an EA?

#15142 4 months ago

This is great news!!! Looking forward to the final EA getting his/her game.

Quoted from Rensh:

I already posted this yesterday in the EA thread and I usually leave it at that but would like to spread the joy this time with more people.
What’s the news?
It’s that scheduled for shipping in January are
EA167
EA168
EA169
EA170
EA173
EA174
EA175
EA176
EA177
EA178
Nearing the end of the line (no EA192). The set goal of wrapping this rollercoaster up in 2024 Q1 is within reach!!

2 months later
#15202 67 days ago

This is great news indeed!

Quoted from Rensh:

Happy to inform you all that the last EA are planned now for production in March.
It are EA186, 187, 189, 190, 192.
They have all received an email from me as well telling this. And than this quest is finally over and yup, Barry can close this topic so to speak
Man, has been quite a rollercoaster but we did it in the end. Can tell you that there are happy Dudes in Netherlands when we box-up the last EA.
Thanks for all your patience. We know we have not been perfect and it has been a (to) long, bumpy and frustrating ride for you all (believe it, also for us) but the fact that we stood by our promise and pulled this off does matter for our inner selves @ DP
Thanks again !!

3 weeks later
#15243 43 days ago

I noticed you can still order TBL from Nitro or Cointaker. I thought orders were done and the games in the queue would be the last TBL made?

#15245 43 days ago

with a 12+ month delay in the queue they will have to continue making into 2025.

Quoted from meSz:

I believe Dutch Pinball advised they would stop making them at years end so I am assuming they will continue to take orders that will book them untill then.
I would also think, with them finishing up the EAs this month, that would open up more spots for new sales.
Again, all speculation.

#15249 41 days ago

DO you have a link?

Quoted from WW2GURU:

Dutch announced the last EA was built today and is shipping tomorrow. I enjoyed following this this little chapter of soon to be pinball history.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
15,000 (OBO)
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 22.50
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.