(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,282 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 minutes ago by MR-808
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2746 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Just wanted to share what I took a stab at over the weekend...

I did a similar thing only I used the borax dipping method to get a swirl effect.

IMG_0680 (resized).JPGIMG_0680 (resized).JPG

#2747 7 years ago

Also I'm looking for a TBL, if someone is looking to sell

#2788 7 years ago

I played burningman's game a few times with the old code and thought it was a lot of fun, but could see there were unfinished parts like the car. I recently got to put a lot of time on it at magfest with the new code and there are a lot of improvements, the car modes especially. It also stood up to the test being moved around a few times, and getting a lot of plays!

3 weeks later
#3122 7 years ago

1jstty (resized).jpg1jstty (resized).jpg

#3130 7 years ago

In all seriousness, and just my 2c.. But there isn't anyone posting on this forum that knows either the detailed terms of the contract between ARA and DP, nor the financial situation of DP, their investors, or owners. Drawing any conclusions from a brief letter on the internet about the situation, is like saying you understand the ins and outs of the bible because you can read the two words on the front.

#3137 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

It's totally refundable. I presume a bunch are going to jump ship. I look forward to getting bumped up a few notches. And if things go totally south I'll sleep well knowing I'm covered. If you've been on the fence this is a great chance to get on the list.

I wonder if I can call ARA directly and buy one of the games in their inventory for $1000 more

#3302 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

There is a difference between being right because it can be substantiated.. and being right because your guess/extrapolation eventually overlaps with the outcome.

Exactly.

Quoted from Skins:

It is about money. Dutch fucked up. Period. They lied. Period. Everything else is semantics.

Just because ARA says they are "owed" money, doesn't mean this is about money or DP not having money. It could simply mean that ARA is greedy. Or it could mean that the contract isn't written explicitly enough, or that both sides have a different interpretation of the contract, which is EXTREMELY common. There are literally infinite possibilities about what "could" be, there is no way of knowing if dutch closing it's doors or not. The facts are, many people pre-ordered a game. Some people got their games. Many people didn't (yet). Dutch didn't want to cause a mass panic (just like this) about an issue they probably can resolve. Everything else is literally just noise and drama including the letter from ARA. If you want to get out, cool, that's your prerogative. But I guarantee you that lots of delays, etc. from many products you buy including pinball machines are from similar situations that are adequately covered up or glossed over.

#3324 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I sign many many contracts every year and without exception, there is literally zero gray area in the contracts I sign. Claims of additional costs are addressed and remedies are enumerated. Default of contracts are addressed and remedies enumerated. Scopes of work and responsibilities are detailed, addressed and remedies enumerated. The fact Dutch seems to be willing to walk suggests the contract on this issue isn't in their favor. When I have a dispute, the first place I consult is the contract. If I'm in the right I press, if I'm in the wrong I shut up and take my lumps.
Wow, sorry. I just busted Flynn' balls about condensing thought and then I ramble on.

If you think there is zero gray area in the contracts that you sign, but yet you live in VA like me.. which is a caselaw state. Which means that regardless of what the contract says, there may be caselaw buried deep in the books that makes your contract irrelevant. The fact that you think it is rock solid, is irrelevant. And that's my point.

#3336 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Of course you can try to twist contracts to reflect however you want to inturpret them. If not there wouldn't be a need for contract law. The fact you reference case law is precisely my point. Contracts are built on 100's of years of case law president. Like is said, the language is black and white. Period. That is why I very clearly stated (no less than 3 times) contracts have remedies for disputes and misunderstanding written into them such as binding mediation. I was never suggesting black and white contract language means two parties can't and won't interpret the same contract differently. If Dutch signed a poorly worded contract or didn't have a lawyer review it, that's on them. And yes, I sign $4-7 million dollars of contracts yearly for the last 25 years. In fact, I just signed one for $429,000 the other day. You know damn well what I meant and want to argue minutia like Flynn, gotcha. Add another one to the non-engagement group.

And yet you still don't understand what you're saying. Glad to be on your non engagement list! Also I'm not impressed with your numbers. Good day sir

#3347 7 years ago

It's always the most intelligent ones who feel as though they need to interject name calling into an argument. Right skins?

Yep I melted the main harness of my monster bash, but I also did a complete restoration, and documented my mistakes for the community to see. What good have you brought us?

I also have sold startups and manage a 300 million contract right now. After my own 25 years regardless of what a contract says business is about the relationship between two people. The contract can be bare bones with a tight relationship or iron clad with poor ones, either way the contract means nothing.

Good business is about good relationships not iron clad contracts. And still we know nothing of the situation, and nobody can say what it's about... even money.

Show me evidence.. until then..

3 months later
#5086 6 years ago

I think those of you that are upset DP didn't take the deal with ARA and Nivoge are making one very incorrect assumption. This decision guarantees that TBL will be made.

Perhaps the assets that DP has in the company are worth more than whatever 51% is. A very common takeover tactic (Romney, trump, etc.) is to transfer those assets to the controlling company (in this case Nivoge) then bankrupt the remainder (DP).

I would consider that it is still possible DP is actually protecting the game by refusing the deal.

#5298 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

If you have a profit margin of $1500 per machine and 200 machines sold and paid for that is $300,000. That is long gone and then some. That is why they do not have the money to pay ARA. How much did they blow at expo alone? If ARA truly wanted an extra 1k per machine, That would leave 500 profit before shipping costs to get them to there respective countries. Too thin a margin, Too much partying. I hope they take an investor, or let someone buy a majority of the company to get our machines made.

This is the biggest bunch of bull I've ever read on pinside ever, and that my friend is saying A LOT.

Keep your subjective opinions to yourself and stop cluttering up the facts with nonsense.

#5302 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Those numbers were given to me from someone who left DP. He told me they are broke.

So, have him post it on here and cite what evidence he has to support the claim. Otherwise it's just fuel for the BS fire. Hearsay especially 2nd hand doesn't add any value to the conversation. It just causes panic and stir.

All of you guys who are vying for a lawsuit, what exactly do you hope to gain? Your money back? I sympathize with you guys who are fully paid up, and have been for a long while. I really feel for you guys that passed up early pins, or had them arrive destroyed. While I'm not a total sympathizer, i.e. I'm only in for (albeit several) refundable deposits, I want this game to be made. Makes it worse that I can play one at burningman's anytime too, just to rub it in how great the game is.

Some of you are saying DP is broke. OK, let's assume they are broke. But you want to sue them? What exactly will this gain you? Let's take it a step further and assume that by some miracle US law made a shit difference to the Netherlands.

Based on the "they are broke logic" DP will be forced to liquidate any assets that they have in order to pay those on the civil action. OK you say, so they will counter sue ARA. Many of you have also said that their contract with ARA must not have been "iron clad" enough. But do you also think that it is irrefutable enough to hold up to some international civil lawsuit?

OK, let's hypothesize even further. ARA is forced to return the 10 or whatever the hell it actually is games to those listed in the civil action. Cool, all of you can get 1/10th (or worse) of a big lebowski pinball machine. And maybe, if you're lucky we will also get 1/10th (or worse) of that really cool automated robot that was bought to make the playfields. Now what? Either way, it will never end up in you getting a refund, and it will never end up in you getting a lebowski.

I say, instead of figuring out how we can collectively "fuck a stranger in the ass" (i.e. go after DP). Let's figure out how we can use the power of our collective to bail them out of this hole they are in. However, that requires us to commit to DP that we are with them, and for DP to be open and honest.. clean slate.

Those of you invested, I'm calling on you to tell DP that you're with them to get this thing done. DP, I'm calling on you to drop the shroud, the gloves, and put it out there so that we can help you. Or if nothing else, tell us this thing isn't possible and shut the doors taking your loss like men.

#5305 6 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Quit feeding the trolls. Nobody bought a robot.

Post #431

#5307 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Mirco's robot, not dp's

Cool, maybe one of these head hunters will get them involved in the lawsuit too! #sarcasm

#5310 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Let me help you out as you are obviously trying hard to help Dutch Pinball out:
send Dutch US$12,500 for Bride of Pinbot LE right now, do everything that you expect others to do, do it right now, fell good about leading by example for a change.

For a change? You don't know me and can't make statements like that. Also, put your story out there before you go making personal attacks.

Quoted from highdef:

We shouldn't have to put in more money for DP to be open and honest. They got a clean slate when Phil refunded our money and most of us got back in.

I have been "with them" since October 2014.

Highdef and dergoetz. I didn't suggest we should send them money cart Blanche or invest financially any more. But I do know that there is much we are capable of. But we can't help if we don't know what the problems are. If DP is gearing up for a webinar, I want to know the full truth. If I get it I'll do everything I can to help.

I know that being invested fullly since oct 2014 sucks, and I'm truly sorry that you guys are experiencing that. But I am damn near certain that the headhunting, threats, pot stirring, and negativity against them is going to fix absolutely nothing.

DP, put your cards in the table. Let's either gear up or move on.

#5313 6 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Also, did no one get my picture?

Of the original khan?

#5322 6 years ago

You all seem to assume bail out = money (thanks Obama!) I agree we shouldn't give them any more money. That doesn't mean we can't help in a million other ways. (Bail out means to grab a bucket and remove water from a boat faster than its coming in.)

However if we knew more about what the specific challenges were, we would be more armed to help. Right now all we know is they need a manufacturer and assembler.

We are lawyers, technologists, craftsmen, cpa's, etc.

#5330 6 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

True, the distributors get a cut, but the fact remains that the money is in the unbuilt machines. Were it not for them, I would have stuck a fork in this hot mess months ago.
I don't see a scenario where a new CM is utilized, but I'm open to it. Someone will need to explain where the money comes from though. And it does not happen without a sign off from ARA. No CM will front DP sh$t with a big suit from ARA pending.
My 150 number is somewhat made up, someone correct me if I am wrong.

I think cointaker has #200-#300 but that came second hand as well so I think 100/150 is in the right ballpark.

#5334 6 years ago

Myself and a few other friends are in on 8 through cointaker.

#5351 6 years ago

I have to say, I love all this positive creativity and problem solving!

#5359 6 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

You can also get by with good looks and a big penis.

well.. I'm half way there.

#5367 6 years ago

When I heard they were doing a webinar, I started to get the feeling that maybe.. just maybe they hired a professional PR/marketing company to help them out of this mess. Then I read on twitch and that idea immediately went into the toilet.

Where+is+the+money+lebowski+_fdae9630d59a54b231f49420f7fbfd76 (resized).jpgWhere+is+the+money+lebowski+_fdae9630d59a54b231f49420f7fbfd76 (resized).jpg

#5378 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Man, some of you guys really are impossible to deal with. Can tell you guys DP is not following Pinside and can't blame them. It is never good and the negativity can be overwhelming
Complaint: They are not telling anything. So they start a weekly newsletter.
We don't like what they are telling us. Need more info. So they propose a direct kind of chat session.
And now you guys are starting to complain on the platform they are using ??
Men

Do you remember the periscope dialed in launch? Let's just not do that again with this OK?

#5383 6 years ago

Why don't we start coming up with the questions we want answered, regardless of where we are in line and keep pushing for them to hear and respond? Here are my suggestions.

I suggest that DP consider their "early achievers" angel or seed investors in the company, and with that they should disclose the current high-level financial status through a regular investor update i.e. quarterly, this should also go to their distributors that are holding deposits. Here is an example. (Through our early achievers deposits we rasied X in early seed capital, of what Y was spent on manufacturing, Z on operational costs, and A in cash reserves, B in debt, etc.) If you need the early achievers to sign NDA's fine, this type of communication at least in the US, is extremely common. - BTW DP, I can help with this communication strategy if you want!

1.) Where is the single source of truth for information? Is it someone on pinside posting to the forums, if so who? The e-mails that are sent out? Phone calls to Jaap and translated on here? Regular webinars? How often can we expect to get these updates? (Sounds like we have a communications technology expert on the forums here too.)

2.) What are the operational risks that DP is tracking at the moment, what is their impact if realized, and how are they being mitigated? (i.e. - impending lawsuits, manufacturing challenges)

3.) Does DP have an insurance policy that can handle the potential financial legal ramifications of the previous relationships w/ ARA, etc. or how will you be planning to bear the cost of a possible suit from customers?

4.) With the new manufacturers that are providing quotes, etc. is there any specialized parts/tooling that will take "duplicative" investment to re-create? Or, is it all OEM part sourcing? (Zitt, and Timebandit have had a lot of success getting molded parts made as well as specialized boards printed, etc.)

5.) How many assembled games are currently being "held hostage" by ARA, and what is the likely outcome for those games?

#5386 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

DP is not actively following this forum so if you guys are thinking of assembling a list of questions (wise idea by the way) an early achiever must gather them and forward them to DP.

I'm sure we can make that happen.

#5392 6 years ago

That's fine, they have given us an avenue to contact them. Let's keep the questions coming that we want answered and submit it to them. If they don't answer them in the webinar, we will address that as needed.

#5395 6 years ago

Dutch pinball only has an obligation to the folks that are fully invested, but not to those who have pre-ordered through other means? If that is the case I'll call my distributor and tell them that I don't want the 8 TBL's that I have pre-ordered.

#5396 6 years ago

foxtj24, what reason do you have to downvote that?

#5404 6 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I will have to disagree here Ren. Plenty of the "nonsense" is coming directly from EA's, those that have laid down deposits, and good dudes that have been fervent supporters and even DP apologists.
I've owned several companies and would have LOVED to have a forum where my clients thoughts - good or bad - were freely expressed for me to read..

entrepreneur and product developer/manager here.. can confirm, that would be amazing.

#5412 6 years ago

"We?" You buy somebody's spot?

Yes see earlier, in with another friend on 8 (eight) spots.

C3407777-A8CD-46CA-A9CA-08E7C77C8D8B-2958-0000018001DCE9A9 (resized).jpegC3407777-A8CD-46CA-A9CA-08E7C77C8D8B-2958-0000018001DCE9A9 (resized).jpeg

#5416 6 years ago

Oh. Didn't realize CoinTaker had taken early achiever money.

They didn't. Read the back a few pages then pull your tape measure out big guy. If you don't want another advocate on your side piss off.

#5429 6 years ago

Having some fun with her as well today at burningmans. It really is one of the best games ever made. Let's get her done DP!!

IMG_2049 (resized).JPGIMG_2049 (resized).JPG

#5431 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ask him to sell me that Sopranos......
It really is an awesome game I hope they work it out, quite depressing to see all the drama with these newer companies.

I think it's for sale or about to be.

#5476 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

They could also force ARA to just release the already built ones for the agreed price, using this short procedure.

but then abandon the ability to file suit with them later on. Not a good option.

#5499 6 years ago

If you're an early achiever and you want to recoup some of your losses, I'll buy your spot (preferably under #100) at a fair price given the current state of things.

#5509 6 years ago

I'm willing to buy a spot as well if anyone is looking to cash out and get some of your money back.

#5512 6 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

Knockerlover....how much are you paying? I'm #52 and have been considering selling, but was planning on awaiting confirmation all is good. You're probably hoping to get a deal, and I won't sell for less than 8500.00 Just curious...

Sounds like there are buyers out there for 8500. Maybe tuna delight has some friends.

#5540 6 years ago

I think it is safe to say that the webinar has not helped the situation. While I thought it was great clearly the temperature here has gone up a few degrees.

#5543 6 years ago
Quoted from Foxis:

I agree with the sentiment of your post, but *if* they know what they are doing you are wrong about taxation. The funds paid by preorder customer should have been marked as the short term debt that they are, as such they would not be profit and therefor not taxed. The taxation would happen when they realise the profit.

I don't think it's safe to assume that a Dutch company operates in the same fashion as a C corp in the USA.

#5567 6 years ago

dp_financial_info.pdfdp_financial_info.pdf

#5568 6 years ago

dp_financial_info2.pdfdp_financial_info2.pdf

#5579 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

For those who missed it, stream is up again at
http://www.dutchpinball.com/livestream
You can (re)watch it if you desire so

This time without Barry's e-mail inbox!

#5580 6 years ago

Oh joy, theblackknight is here to finally educate us all on the situation.

#5586 6 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

It is unfortunate enthusiasts do not read other forums.
PinSide is not the only source of news, and others are less drama driven, and certainly more hospitable.

I grow weary of your "I was here before you" attitude, speaking of hospitality.. and the whole I was and am still on RGP, etc. etc. etc. it's a tired story you're always sowing. Stop acting like you're the wisest and most knowledgeable person in all of the hobby, and that we couldn't possibly know any better because we absolutely haven't been around as long.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5588 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

If you watched that entire WebEx and you still think these guys from DP are full of shit then you need to reassess your ability to read people.
Bottom line: These guys should have done this project in the U.S. where they would have been protected by contract laws and this never would have happened. It's clear that Barry and Jaap are sincere but obviously were a little out of their league in terms of running a business in Europe. It's that simple.
Also, it's fair to note that after watching this entire interview, it's clear that 88% of the comments on Pinside and in this thread are biased, inaccurate, and based on pure emotion rather than facts.

I wholeheartedly agree.

#5599 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

You only have DP's word. Which is worthless. They are know liars. This is just another stalling tactic by them. If they cannot afford to refund us, How can they afford to make the games? They cant. That is why they need financing for games that are already 100% paid for. FACT

Have you never in your life told a lie? We are all human. I think we need to move on from what was said about the boards, and look more at today.

DP very well may have not paid their first invoice because ARA tried to upcharge them, right?

What I heard in the webinar was they don't have the money to refund everyone 140/150 people. I think I also heard them say they have the money to refund maybe 60 people which would mean they have about 500k in operating capital.

Just because you didn't hear the answers exactly as you would've wanted doesn't mean they didn't address the questions.

#5663 6 years ago

Not that it matters but the time for angel investing is long gone and the capital need is likely more 500k series seed funding.

Jaap talked about going to a bank for a loan. Maybe he will do an equity line of credit

I had a stupid idea. I was thinking of my mossberg shotgun, it by law can only hold 5 rounds but if you remove a silly plastic insert it can hold 7. (A way around delivering the product still in compliance with the law.)

What if somebody worked with ARA to build a kit to de-license the game to something like "the dude" that was easily reversible when it got to the customer. Removable stickers over the characters, format the drive so that there wasn't any software and change the translight out. Mylar wrap the cabinet, etc.

This wouldn't get he games to the right people but it is a creative way ARA could sell the games possibly legally.

#5665 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I don't think that could be done. You can't just put a sticker over copyrighted material and pretend you're innocent. There is probably some extent that you could get away with making it generic but if it's very simple to change and the license holder thinks someone deliberately is trying to get around a license this way, they can sue and win.

Probably right. Just running out of things to speculate over now. Hah

#5743 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Except with boutique pinball COmpaNies....

I see what you did there!

#5758 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Try shooting the scoop next time to start one of the many modes

I think BOP 2.0 has a great ruleset, simple but lots of risk/reward and challenging enough to work through everything. Shoot the scoop to start a mini mode, complete it and next time you start a mode you get one of the big wheel modes worth bigger points. Complete it, get another big wheel, don't complete it.. back to the mini modes.

1 year later
#8665 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I really don't believe what Kaneda says....ever. Why would he have some magical insider info that no one else knows about? He is just stirring the pot and causing trouble like he always does.

He is right about one thing though, pinside is much better without Hylton..

#8668 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sorry to confirm that what Kaneda is telling isn’t true.
Wonder where he got his intel, he sounded very sure.

Shocker.

#8679 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Because ARA would be in contempt of court in doing so.

Not necessarily, the court ordered ARA and Dutch Pinball to "figure it out" on their own to start.. Since we're all speculating, what if the compromise included selling the existing inventory?

2 months later
#8825 4 years ago

The war is over Mr. Lebowski, the bums lost... time for all of us to move on..

1 month later
#8943 4 years ago

I want one of these fucking games and I hate the torcher that this has become..

#8946 4 years ago

I’m sick too, can I sign paperwork to get out of my ten games?

#9373 4 years ago

In the movie.. the dude just wants his rug back.. and gets taken for a wild ride.. how fitting.. this has got to be the most dramatic saga in all of pinball. Or was it alien? Or maybe predator? Or maybe Magic Girl.. I digress.

I went back and forth about trying to get one of these $12,500 games.. I'm glad I didn't make up my mind before they were gone..

1 month later
#10167 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

If watching YOUR game get sold off to someone else at a premium price doesn't call you to action or inspire some sort of engagement...nothing will....its a really interesting study on human psychology really. very very hard to explain rationally what is going on here. Some people are OVERJOYED at the moment unboxing new games and boasting to the world, others are deeper and deeper in the hole but seemingly unwilling or uninspired to do anything about it.

It sucks that this happened to anyone.. and while I get that this being an international trade it muddies the water a bit, but in a capitalist economy "caveat emptor", let the buyer beware.

EA's spent $8k+ with DP on hopes and dreams of owning this game, some people got them, others got nothing. The EA's "contract" with Dutch Pinball ended when the Dutch court decided the games belonged to ARA and not DP, in order to cover debts owed. Can any EA's produce a legitimate contract or is it just a credit card receipt?

Once these games were determined to be owned by ARA, this created a new market, agnostic of all the EA's. All the dreamers out there that think these games should have been offered to EA's first, or some other carebear B.S. is delusional. ARA owes nothing to the EA's and is solely focused on recovering debts owed (by DP). Cointaker is just the middle man in this transaction, and it seems grey because they helped broker the original sales of these games.. but everyone should divorce themselves from this. To my knowledge they only offered refundable deposits on this games, and have maintained integrity throughout this ordeal.

EA's have four options.

1.) Do nothing and move on. (Or wait for DP to magically produce new games..)
2.) Buy one on the secondary (12,5k) or tertiary market (likely 12.5k+)
3.) Spend more money and individually file suit against DP. - A lawyer will likely cost more than what has already been spent, and legal costs are considered a "wash" and usually cannot be reclaimed in lawsuits. Finding one that is specialized in international trade on US and the Netherlands isn't going to be like your local Saul Goodman rate either. Then if a judgement is ruled in your favor, you still need to get money out of DP. If you think they have any capital left, you are delusional.
4.) Band together or attempt to file a class-action lawsuit. - If you can find a lawyer specialized in this situation, convince them that there is financial gain at the end for the risk they would need to put up, the EA's could likely win a judgement. But again, unless one of the EA's is a bloodthirsty lawyer, I sincerely doubt anyone is going to look at this and think there is any money left to be had. If this happens, likely DP will just declare bankruptcy and negate it all.. See "Predator"

Any chance for restitution against DP the EA's had resided with the games that ARA has just sold.

Predicting the future, I'll speculate that Dutch Pinball has many outstanding debts and will soon file bankruptcy. Those debts will be cataloged and prioritized, and paid out with any available capital or capital that can be raised through liquidation. Guess how much that will be.. ZERO. See "Heighway Pinball"..

#10169 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Is Cointaker giving anything to the EA’s from his profit in this scam?
Maybe Cointaker can donate his Profit to the EAs.
That would help the EAs recover pennies on the dollar .
Not offering the EA’s first shot at games is lazy
Not offering the EA’s the profit is heartless

Ok now you’re just trolling...

#10173 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Cointaker's rationale for selling these games was: "if we don't sell them here, someone else will in Europe". It's kind of like if a mob boss wanted to hire you to kill a guy and you say "Well, if I don't kill him, he'll just hire someone else to kill him. I might as well do it and make a little money on it since he's going to die anyways." I think CT had the choice to not get involved in this nasty business but they chose money over integrity. I competely disagree with everyone saying they have no share in this mess.

They are in the pinball selling business.. what they are doing does not question their integrity at all. You should direct your frustration at Dutch pinball not the middle man.

If you pay to have a house built, and the builder never delivers.. do you crucify the realtor?

#10176 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

CT told customers they had to pay another $4000 or not get the game. Imagine ordering something from Amazon, not getting it for three years, then being told it would cost 50% more or they would cancel your order.

Your analogy doesn’t make sense. It’s more like you order something from Kickstarter for one price and it shows up later on amazon for twice as much before you get your order..

Guess what, that happens too. See my earlier point about two different markets now. Anyone with your perspective is confusing them as the same market.

#10180 4 years ago

What right did DP have to offer cointaker money to re sell these games ?
Somehow the deal was done with enough cash left over to pay cointaker but zero for the EAs?
ARA, DP and cointaker are all involved now.
$500,000.00 for 40 games with zero left over for EAs??
Did cointaker offer to sell the extra parts, with the cash going to EAs ?

How do you know DP offered cointaker any money? How do you know CT didn’t work with ARA directly for a fee?

How do you know what cash was leftover if you don’t know what the debt to ARA was?

You live in carebearland not reality.

#10182 4 years ago

I think cointaker should work for FREE on this issue
Why would you expect to make a profit when your cleaning up a mess ??
This is not business as usual and any profit made looks fishy

They are contracted to help clean up DPs mess.. profit made doesn’t look fishy to me, it looks like ARA had a problem of pinball inventory.. and cointaker was obviously able to easily solve it.. they turned 40 useless boxes (to ARA) into cash in less than 24 hours..

That doesn’t happen for free.

#10186 4 years ago

I am glad cointaker was able to sell 40 EAs games in 24hours. Honest hard work
I bet the EAs are impressed
More impressed that 12500$ per game
500,000.00$ came in with zero crumbs for EAs

You’re confusing the issue.. EAs agreement was with Dutch Pinball.

Cointaker sold games on behalf of ARA..

#10187 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

You’re confusing the issue.. EAs agreement was with Dutch Pinball.
Cointaker sold games on behalf of ARA..

Woo pissed on your rug.. (DP).. he’s the carpetpisser.. Mr. Lebowski didn’t micturate on your rug..(Cointaker)..

I’ve got news for you Londonpinball, the war is over.. the bums lost!

#10189 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

The problem is they did not say you had to bay another $4000. You had to pay another $12,500 on top of the $8500 or 9500 you already paid DP. 150% more. And EA's were not even given that chance.

Yes that sucks.. everyone is confusing DP vs ARA vs cointaker and who owned what when..

EAs paid 8500 to DP, which DP blew on whatever. Parties, salaries, three month vacations, Jaaps book on “success” and anything else that caused them to not be able to pay their bill to ARA. That’s what you should be mad about..

ARA held these games until they were paid, or DP agreed that ARA would be majority shareholders of DP.. remember DP rejected that? They twice over (at least) screwed EAs.

The Dutch court granted ARA ownership of the games and ARA wanted them sold on the free market (which cointaker helped broker) to reclaim capital for debts owed, and has no agreement with EAs and possibly no knowledge of what an EA even is...

Everyone was given the same opportunity to pay 12,500.

#10191 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Does DP still own the rights to TBL/licensing (sounds like there were several, TBL, Brunswick, etc)? Would be curious if it’s still active and how long that licensing agreement lasts. Maybe this was already answered here.

A “typical” license agreement is 1-3 years (base year with two option years).. we don’t know the details of their agreement, but with no revenue I’m pretty sure we can safely speculate. The license period is over.

#10204 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Oh and who is going to make the games with the parts... a long project for sure

Weyland Yutani would take on the task..

#10217 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Gonna stop you right there. DP has the opportunity to pay ARA 1000 euros additional per game according to DP to get the assembly moving again. (At least that’s what was said after the circuit board lies were exposed). Why didn’t they do that, instead of digging in and eventually involving the courts? In hindsight, 1,000 euros extra seems like a goddamn bargain and I bet to hell every EA wishes they had a chance to pay that additional cost and get a game.
It’s my contention that DP’s pockets were basically empty when the circuit board lies were told. They theorized they could sell 150 BoP’s at 12,500 to cover the TBL shortfall. ARA rightfully saw this as a form of check-kiting and did not order the second game parts and DP was stuck, not having enough money to finish TBL

Yeah just Barry lies and bullshit.. there was a time when I wanted to help these guys.. :middle finger:

#10233 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Do you know how does sounds to me as an EA??
He, I can help you EA’s but you know what, middle finger to you guys.
Not helping DP equals not helping EA after all.
If you really can help but are stopped by the conclusion that Barry is a lying m*therf*cker why don’t phone him and get the intel direct from him. Or are you the kind of person who talks the talk but doesn’t walk the walk .....

I was part of the crew that was on the unofficial US “marketing team”.. I was part of the crew that helped unfuck the finances before Phil got out.. and I was part of the crew that basically is responsible for keeping Aliens in parts and running.. so I walk the walk..

You find me a pile of parts I’ll make you a lebowski..

but we’ve all seen plenty of examples of Barry lying.. even when he “comes clean” it’s more lies.. I’m not interested in being bullshitted one on one.

#10272 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

About 150 EA's are paid in full and gotten nothing. License was for 300 games. 90 made and sold. 150 owed to people paid in full. That only leaves 60 left to sell for profit. Cant make enough off the 60 to fulfill the 150 owed.

Don't worry, Bride of Pinbot 4.0 will sell like hotcakes..

#10274 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Actually, maybe we can get a roll call here to get an acutal number going of A. Who didn't get a full refund B. Who paid what? (Full price, Down, etc)

Actually I would reach out to ZNET and find out what information would be required to start banding together the EA's to make a case.. Then create a google form for those interested to fill out that relevent data. Then find an attorney possibly local to Netherlands to help with the case.

My opinion though, is that now that the ARA games are sold.. the EA's have lost their greatest leverage. Pretty soon Barry will be making hydrofoils with Andrew Heighway.

#10315 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I’m curious though, why aren’t you playing your TBL? I would be nowhere around here if that were the case

Please go..

3 weeks later
#10836 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:Deleted post

Found the snowflake!

#10852 4 years ago

Alright, many years ago I paid $1000 for a truck. A 1976 Ford F-100, it was white with blue interior and a Hurst shifter. I was stoked.

The title apparently though while signed over wasn’t a legitimate clean title and it was impounded and sent back to the real owner. Me out 1k.

So by the logic in this thread, if any of you have one of these trucks.. Instead of selling it for fair Market value, you are obligated to offer it to me first and then sell it to me for a price fair to me which is 1k, about 4-5k less than market. Am I getting this right?

Edit: I just realized the real world effect of every kid getting a trophy, and the whole there are no winners or losers BS some parents have been pushing the last 20 years..

#10866 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Man, y’all just don’t let up eh? I’m selling my prized corvette and attempting to sell my TBL to help my family. If you don’t believe me, I really don’t give a shit. I put it up for 21k no one offered it so I said fine. I will only make a deal for 13k and gble. Because more people have 13k available than 20k and that’s the only other game I want. I need the money and if you have taken a math course, 13 is better than 0. I’m not giving it away, so I won’t put it up for 13-18 on its own. Because, yes its worth more than that.
I am selling my vette for 50k so that and the 13k would get me where I need to be to cover my wife’s mother in laws nursing home fees. Y’all need to get a life. Seriously some low class people here doubting claims of other people you don’t know all because some company robbed you and you have an axe to grind. Seriously pathetic.
I live a comfortable life. I’m not rich. I spent the extra money I had on toys for myself. NOW, my family needs help and I am more blessed than they are. Priorities people. So since I don’t have all this liquid cash to cover it due to buying toys. I am now selling the toys. Jesus

Don’t sweat it. People are just envious you have things they don’t have..

#10903 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I was unable to respond sooner, but I strongly disagree (speaking on behalf of other non-Corvette owners).

Yeah but nobody cares what you think.

#10908 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

So nobody has received one of the forty that ARA released? Thought there would be some info by now... like if they actually function, etc...

They arrived. For some, the customs forms weren’t filled out correctly and were delayed at every stop/crossing. Some games arrived perfect with no issues, others arrived in damaged but “working” and potentially recoverable condition. But, arrived nonetheless.

#10914 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Well this is the preorder thread. Most went to people who had no skin in the game. Just had some influence like being a podcaster or had some clout with the one of the 2 distributors that received them.

Speaking of no skin in the game, this thread is twice as old as you!

1 week later
#10943 4 years ago

So Barry is Design, Sales, Assembly, Support, HR, Accounting, Shipping/Receiving... and you guys think they will be assembled on a similar timeline as Spooky? Anything else you want to buy?

#10946 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Nobody said Barry couldn't build games. The eyebrow raising part was promising to make 500 by end of 2020.

That’s my point.. this “business model” doesn’t work..

#10948 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Here is another picture.. Games being boxed tomorrow ready for pick up[quoted image]

I’ve never seen someone put buttons on the cabinet before the decals. Something isn’t right here..

#10952 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Where do you see that?

I guess it’s the color of the decal.. looked like a bare cabinet initially..

#10959 4 years ago

Dude, tea lady is not the preferred nomenclature.. tea person please..

#10999 4 years ago

How can any sane person look at this and think this business model of a one man show is ever going to work? EA's need to band together and sue if you want any chance of getting your money back. Because unless you are EA# 37-40 you're not getting one anytime soon, forget about those of us much later in line.

Mid-July is when Cointaker started taking orders for the 40 machines that ARA had. People started receiving those games in late August.. So theoretically Barry could have started getting parts and assembling them then, it's also possible he had partially or even fully assembled play fields. But let's just be really conservative and assume that Barry only started assembling games in September. I get it, he had to organize parts, and get his shop setup and that probably took the majority of his time. So even though he had more than a month to get one game out the door, let's assume that he can build one a week, or four a month. It will take him 9.6 years to build all 500 games by himself. Remember, this business model is make 400-500 games to make the EA's whole..

A huge majority of the revenue is going towards making EA's whole.. so it will be very unlikely that he will be able to afford people to help assemble those games. But let's assume he can hire a few more people and he can produce 8 games per month.. it's still going to take him over 4 years to make everyone whole.. Keep in mind, the more games he has out in the wild, the more support those games will need.. eventually it's going to become unsustainable, and he will need to hire to keep up with demand and pace, which he can't afford.

For perspective, Spooky puts out about 500 a year with I estimate about 20-30x the number of employees

#11004 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Barry still waiting on shelving/racks for each station of assembly.
Pictures allow speculation and judgment- but don’t tell the whole story- Pictures with explanation and updates are on Private EA Thread. Which, I understand might not Encourage potential new buyer confidence, but with an already extensive interest list - (and there will be more interest once games are flowing) will stay on private thread

Hey Pinhead1982, what did barry have for breakfast today? Your nose is so brown I'm sure you can tell by the smell.. Fill us in on the specifics then, how many employees whats the expected build timelines going forward?

#11006 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

So 3 weeks to Move into assembly space, set up what he could, order storage racks/parts bins etc (which still waiting on)
And get 2 games made/finished tested whatever..

Ok, from here on out then it will be very interesting to see what Barry and "his team" can produce. My guess is, it will be a continued stream of excuses now proxied through you and whoever his megaphone of the month is. My prediction, is he can sustain building a game a week for a little while until the next roadblock or two is hit.. then it will be back to radio silence more so than before.

So he and "his team" built 2 games in 3 weeks on top of a whole ton of other shit. Even if he and "his team" can build 8x that amount and then can build 16 games a month.. In 2.6 years all the EA's will be whole.. ludicrous

#11025 4 years ago

Anyway, in about 8-12 months you all can reflect on my post above.. otherwise I'll eat crow with the others..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 22.50
15,000 (OBO)
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=knockerlover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.