Quoted from luvthatapex2:
I'm intrigued by the software. The last version I saw was 0.43, so it will be interesting what changes were made to get the Made in China prototype to work. Then would this version be 100% compatible with the games made in 2016? At a bare minimum I would request version 0.43 software download as a backup in case the version updated on the 40 games has any incompatibilities.
Here is the only video I was able to find running version 0.43. Do any owners have a more recent version?
Haha that's actually my video! Made that not long after getting the game for the people waiting to receive theirs. There have been a few updates since then - I've kept all the code so I have versions 0.42, 0.43, 0.44, 0.45 and 0.48 if anyone needs them. Just checked my emails from DP and 0.46 and 0.47 weren't released publicly, just to a few beta testers. Apparently slightly updated software is going to be released soon...
Here's the complete changelog that I've pieced together from various emails:
Version 0.42 (27-05-2016)
- Hard disk space check was not checking the correct partition.
Version 0.43 (27-05-2016)
- Implemented Rug Modes rules, music & intro lightshows.
- Rug & Bowling skillshots now lite those respective modes (if not lit yet).
- "Mark It Zero" movie scene can now be skipped.
- Added possibility to cancel starting "Character Multiball" with the launch
button, so it's safer to collect "Mark It Zero" and "Let's Go Bowling".
- Multiball jackpot value now is increased with each jackpot.
- Light Lock targets are now blocked while Lock is lit (in other words lit
locks can't be stacked).
- During multiball, "Let's Go Bowling" can't be progressed towards anymore.
- If 0 points are scored the ball is always saved (except when tilted).
- Added setting "Adjustment Menu -> Rules -> White Russian Targets" with
options "Precise", "Forgiving" and "Always add ingredient". Defaults to
"Forgiving" which spots a neighbour target if the actual hit target is lit.
- Added 2 settings under "Adjustment Menu -> Rules -> Ball Saver" for normal
ball saver and multiball ball saver durations.
- Updated rug mode intros and outros.
- Added Multiball jackpot animations.
- Added "Character mode ready" animation when spelling the last letter.
- Added knocker sound to Match sequence.
- Updated some switch & icon sounds.
- Updated coloring of in-game fonts, service mode & miscellaneous.
- A new game can now be started during the Match sequence.
- Shots with multiple purposes now only show the most relevant visual.
- Repeated incidental icons (top right) will now re-use the previous icon so
the screen doesn't get spammed with the same icon.
- Reduced Bowling pins default pulse time & setting range.
- The launch button can now also be used in profile screens in addition to
the start button. Also added more button sounds to these screens.
- Added Switch Checklist test.
- Ballsaver would sometimes serve multiple balls.
- Rug would move all the way back at start of ball without cause.
- A new music track would be started in between "Let's Go Bowling" and
"Character Multiball" start.
- Rug mode arrows would be visible during multiball play.
- Rug wouldn't always move forward when Multiball was started.
- Various scoop & saucer lights would show lit modes that couldn't be
started during multiball play.
- Match sequence music wasn't very audible; now the Game Over music starts
after the Match sequence.
- Scores could be displayed duplicated from other players during highscore
screens and match sequence.
- Nihilist Showdown not showing the correct wave total score.
- The jackpot queue of "Character Multiball" would continue after draining.
- Switched right inlane & outlane switch addresses to match correct wiring.
...and many more tweaks & improvements.
Version 0.44 (June 6th 2016)
- Hitting the rug during rug modes adds 10 seconds to the mode's timer (except
for the "Where's the Money" mode where the rug is the main shot).
- Regular Multiball can no longer be progressed towards or started during
Character Multiball - this proved too confusing and wasn't worthwhile.
- Adjusted bummer bonus to 6.900 (down from 69.000).
- New Bonus countdown background & text movement.
- Updated Bowling pins visualization.
- Left ramp diverter stays down shorter to prevent the coil from warming up.
- During attract mode the flipper buttons now trigger random quotes.
- The "Match" and "Female Form" music tracks are a bit louder now.
- After tilting, the rug would not detect hits for the rest of the game.
- Simultaneous Rug Mode & Lock shot now discards the Rug Mode shot animation.
- Bonus countdown wouldn't always have the correct length of background music.
Version 0.45 - August 5th 2016
- Added "Roaming Pin" challenge to "Let's Go Bowling".
- "Character Multiball" can no longer be canceled if it's the only thing lit
at the saucer.
- When stopping the game with the start button, the ball now remains in the
shooter lane for 10 seconds to make starting a new game much quicker.
- Mystery animations can now be sped up by pressing both flipper buttons.
- Improved bowling alley ball accuracy (which pins are being hit directly).
- Car and bowling stepper motors now can compensate for EOS switch failure.
- Reduced the delay/stutter when entering the attract mode from the game or
after the match sequence.
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> Live -> Live serial number" menu item.
Instructions and Live serials will be distributed soon via e-mail.
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> Pricing / Awards -> Match percentage" menu item,
with a default of 8% (was fixed at 10% previously).
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> Pricing / Awards -> Highscore awards" with 5
settings for Grand Champion and Highscore 1 to 4. When a player now gets a
highscore and saves it (selects profile), he will be awarded the specified
amount of credits.
- Added "Software Menu -> Current version -> Factory Reset" menu item, which
performs a factory reset for the current version, resetting all settings,
audits, highscores & profiles.
- Changed slingshots coil strength range and factory default to match the
new solenoids (machine owners with 23-800 slingshot solenoids will receive
26-1200 replacements). After updating to 0.45 and installing the 26-1200's
(if necessary) you should set both the "Adjustment Menu -> Coil Strengths ->
Slingshot Left/Right" settings to 25ms (new factory default).
- Fixed a special case were the rug would become unresponsive to hits.
- "The Dude Abides" goal inserts would not carry over to the next ball.
- "Adjustment Menu -> Coil Strengths" settings would only apply from the time
they were changed till the machine was shut down. The settings for Slingshot
and Jets didn't have any effect. This is now fixed, for this reason all coil
strength settings are reset to their factory default.
* Is now prevented from starting when a ball is cradled.
* Is now disabled during "Mark It Zero" movie clips.
* Now also listens to the mini playfield ramp.
- The "Right Ramp Made" switch was erroneously called "Right Ramp Enter".
- Renamed the "MPF Habitrail" switch to "MPF Exit".
Version 0.46 - December 28th 2016
- Added three car modes:
* "Kill The Dude's Car": hit the car 8 times before the ball is over.
* "Car Chase": race Dafino by shooting the mini playfield ramp. If you hit
The Dude's car that will delay him. The chase is paused when the ball
leaves the mini playfield.
* "Car Impound": hit the car 4 times before the ball is over. The upper
flipper disables after every hit.
- Each character's jackpot value (base 100,000) is increased by 25,000 when a
character's shot is made when the name is already spelled.
- Character Multiball now has white arrows on the character shots that are
not active. These increase the corresponding character jackpot value.
- Multiball jackpot rounds now consist of the major shots on the main pf,
with super jackpots alternating between left ramp lock and mini pf ramp.
- Multiball now has white arrows on non-jackpot shots. These increase the base
jackpot value by 25,000.
- White Russians can now be "stacked". Meaning that when selecting a currently
lit WR, an additional WR (4 sips) will be added. The multiplier for the
second WR is 3X, the third 4X, etc.
- Lighting Rug Modes now starts easier (3 hits) and gets progressively harder
after every 2 rug modes (4 hits, 5 hits etc.). Both are settings.
- After lighting "Let's Go Bowling" you can't spell BOWLING anymore before you
have played "Let's Go Bowling".
- Starting a Rug Mode now contributes to the bonus.
- After spelling a character's name, the letters now stay solidly lit.
- Character Multiball intro lightshows added.
- Character Multiball improved shot indications.
- Added a visual countup effect to the current player's score.
- Lane skillshot can now be lane-changed before the ball is launched.
- Start button:
* the special function popup now takes longer to show up. This fixes the
issue that only a really short button press would start game / add player.
* solved retrigger issue were after removing a player / stopping the game
a start button action would occur when releasing the start button.
* the start button functionality now only works in freeplay.
- During attract mode lightshows all RGB LEDs now cycle colors.
- Bowling Alley stepper motor now reacts quicker to its EOS switches,
preventing it from stuttering on either end.
- Kickback/Trampoline animation now uses shot from the movie as background.
- Added "Install Presets" menu with difficulty presets for all the rules
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> TBL Rules -> Light Lock Difficulty".
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> TBL Rules -> Timers -> Skillshot length".
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> TBL Rules -> Timers -> ZERO countdown length".
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> TBL Rules -> Nihilists" with 2 settings for the
1st Nihilist Showdown targets hits & the increase for subsequent showdowns.
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> TBL Rules -> Rug Modes" with 2 settings for the
1st Rug Mode hits & the increase for subsequent rug modes.
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> TBL Rules -> Bowling -> Subsequent LGB pre-lit
- If you experienced a delay when entering the service menu this was likely
caused by the player profiles menu being repopulated every time. Now the
player profiles only get loaded when this item is selected.
- Stepper motor test modes now match the in game speeds of these motors.
- Fixed music and GI being off initially after tilting the previous ball.
- Skillshot award animation would sometimes be cutoff.
- The default lanes skillshot would not correctly stop in case the ball never
entered a rollover, sometimes resulting in a skillshot animation at the
start of the next ball.
- If an Extra Ball was earned through Mystery and simultaneously Nihilist
Showdown was started at the scoop; the Extra Ball would not be lit and
could theoretically carry over to the next ball/player/game.
- Fixed Ball Saved animation + sound being triggered in a rapid fashion
causing a loud sound and weird visual effect.
- When a Bowling Challenge was completed, the wrong ball icon would show.
- Improved USB updating to properly handle update files that accidentally
contain copy suffixes like "(1)" or " - Copy".
- Player Profile editing would crash if there were less than 3 initials.
- USB & Internet update code now correctly calculates required free disk
space for delta updates.
Version 0.47 - January 19th 2017
- Increased spinner scoring from 1,000 to 5,000 and it can now be multiplied
by the white russian (every spinner "rip" counts as one white russian sip,
so you can rip the spinner 4 times with all spins multiplied).
- Spinner scoring / progress towards mystery is disabled during mb play.
- Spinner hits are now visualized with an icon and show progress towards
- In "Let's Go Bowling" the launch button can now be pressed after 0.25 second
after the bowling ball launcher starts moving, this used to be 1 second.
- During "Where's The Money?" the rug will now move a little when hit.
- Ball gates not disabling when ball drains within two seconds of activation.
- Shooting the right ramp and then immediately the MPF ramp will no longer
spot a second Walter letter.
- Tilt bob now doesn't register as long as the player hasn't scored any points
that ball. This prevents tilting through to the next ball.
- Car Mode "Car Impound" would show previous car hit animations if those were
cut off after an earlier hit by the ball draining the MPF quickly.
- Starting Nihilist Showdown while a Car Mode was running would confuse the car
logic after Nihilist Showdown.
- Tilting during Car Mode selection would skip the next Car Mode selection.
- Fixed car repeatedly trying to close with a bouncing motion.
- Fixed car going inside at the start or during a car mode.
- Fixed music and GI being off initially after tilting the previous ball during
- If Nihilist Showdown was ended right after hitting the wave's last nihilist,
the mode would sort of keep running.
- Fixed various LEDs coming on when pressing the flipper buttons during Bowling
Challenge or Car Mode selection.
- Fixed some arrows (like lock) being visible during Rug Mode intros.
- The individual Character Jackpot values would not correctly carry over to the
- Maude jackpot increase for each rollover is lowered to 10,000 to balance out
the fact that multiple rollovers are activated for each Maude shot.
- Fixed lit scoop awards being awarded when a Rug Mode was started and the intro
- Fixed Rug hit indication arrow not working after playing "Where's The Money?".
Version 0.48 - January 27th 2017
- Made "Car Mode Completed" message more consistent (and informative) with
"Rug Mode Completed" message by adding the award value to it.
- "P-ROC NOT FOUND" error message did not show up since version 0.46, that's
fixed now and the message is corrected to read "P3-ROC NOT FOUND".
- Fixed Rug Mode music starting too loud.
- Fixed erroneous car hit registration at the start of a Car Mode.
We have not been able to consistently reproduce these issues, please report
all memorable circumstances to us that might help solve these issues:
Issue 0.48.1: Sometimes the background music stops in the middle of a ball
until the next mode, multiball or ball.
Issue 0.48.2: Sometimes when the ball enters the shooter lane for a new ball,
a skillshot award will already be awarded or at least displayed.