(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,298 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by cpr9999
  • Topic is favorited by 190 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 956 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191130_125027 (resized).jpg
20191130_125125 (resized).jpg
bowlrama (resized).JPG
20191130_012219 (resized).jpg
20191130_011910 (resized).jpg
20191129_234534 (resized).jpg
20191129_221023 (resized).jpg
20191128_202953 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
20191127_171032 (resized).jpg
20191127_171220 (resized).jpg
9cc4cb90-f036-4006-9a76-b400d26db49c (resized).jpg
176a29fb-23ae-452e-84c4-6a305e4719e0 (resized).jpg
900d99f3-ef56-4cb8-ab5d-c0e243b334f3 (resized).jpg
ad865202-df75-41f8-9dcc-44e5834e9697 (resized).jpg
b97fb356-7620-417b-a6f5-bb629f1c8f26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (3 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (3 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (3 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (3 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (2 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (2 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (2 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (2 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #3650 Report from a dinner with Barry of Dutch Pinball. Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #3951 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #4259 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #5004 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #5229 DP update about an alternative manufacturer Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #5461 Details on June 19th DP Livestream Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #6420 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by KoenHeltzel (2 years ago)

Post #6684 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Concretehardt (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider justlikeme.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Just got this from Barry...finishing up lighting

tbl prod proto.JPG

Looking great, can't wait to see more. Although I have full faith in DP at this point, I must admit that the lack of communication recently has been disappointing. Prior to Phil leaving the communications were frequent and I felt involved, as DP promised preorderers would. Since he left the communication has been poor at best, and I can't help but feel somewhat dismayed that the focus on keeping us in the loop seems to have been abandoned.

I'm sure some will argue that DP need to focus on getting the game made at this point, but a NSNL wouldn't take long to put together - and I absolutely expected one following the final payment / start of production at the very least. If the communication had remained consistently good I would have been ready to preorder a future DP machine if I'd liked the theme - given the recent lack of communication I just don't see the incentive to do so given that the runs aren't limited. Being along for the ride was a big part of my decision to preorder, and I certainly don't feel particularly involved at this point.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

right here....I can only update you guys with information I have....

Just wanted to make it clear that my post was not directed at you - it was just a general complaint about the loss of focus on communication by DP.

1 week later
#141 4 years ago

Nice to receive a NSNL, and glad that things are moving forwards. Was hoping for a little more information on the code/rules at this point, but guess we can't have everything. For some reason I can't quite understand I'm actually excited to find out my serial number...

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I am not the first for sure but I did order within about 4 hours of pre order opening I'm sure. So I should be early. Not sure how they are going to handle shipping order (despite true serial numbers) since shipping them one at a time seems $$$ vs trying to fill containers

I'm sure I ordered within an hour of the reveal and I'm in the UK, so hoping to be fairly high up the list.

1 month later
#293 4 years ago

Really hoping we get a NSNL today, it would be a great end to the week.

1 week later
#334 4 years ago

So, we're hoping for another NSNL with our serial numbers today right?

#344 4 years ago

#8 here!

1 week later
#400 4 years ago

So, the past two Fridays we've had NSNLs... is there any chance we may receive another today? I know its asking a lot but I'd love for some more info on the game itself!

2 weeks later
#423 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Absolutely. Or even some updates on code or voice calls. Any sort of update really!!!

Personally I'd love a NSNL dedicated to code more that anything else at this point - just to get some idea of where the code is going!

#433 4 years ago

NSNL just arrived in my mailbox - includes a video update on production!

2 months later
#492 4 years ago

Well we're two weeks from the end of Q3 now - an update soon sure would be nice.

4 weeks later
#596 4 years ago

I really hope someone ends up streaming the seminar this evening! I'm hoping for a significant update on the software...

#614 4 years ago

Production model will be at the Dutch Pinball Open next month. Real shame about the music.

#672 4 years ago

I pre-ordered when the machine was first announced, and at that point I did not expect the licensed music. Therefore, while I'm certainly disappointed given that DP did repeatedly state that it would be included, it is not a deal breaker for me and to be honest always did sound slightly too good to be true.

What I'm very disappointed by is the lack of any significant update on the software/code. We haven't really seen anything new on TBL since this time last year, and from a short gameplay video taken yesterday and posted in another thread it seems like the code running on the prototypes has hardly changed at all. How is this even possible when they have had twelve months to work on it?

Does anyone think we'll receive a NSNL today?

#678 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

They just kept saying they are "close". When pressed for a ballpark, they wouldn't give it. Not the answer anyone wants to hear, but hang in there. It's worth it. Hypothetically, if you got your money back, what would you even buy? GOT is leagues below this title and Hobbit isn't shipping either. TBL is gonna be the must have pin of 2016.

I don't want a refund, but as a customer who has thousands tied up in this product I think DP owe us a degree of transparency at this point. As many others have commented, they must have known about the issue with the licensed music for a while, yet I found out from a post on here by someone who attended their seminar - shouldn't they have contacted their customers directly to inform them of a change of this nature?

The problem with DP is that their communication used to be excellent (prior to Phil departing) and it's now exceptionally poor. This time last year I wouldn't have thought twice about pre-ordering another DP machine because I was enjoying the ride - now I can't imagine myself doing so as it's become an exercise in frustration. It's a shame is all.

3 weeks later
#792 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Hey Guys....regarding Code I was wrong....I just got a note from Koen....this is what he said regarding code....sorry for the miscommunication...I suck.
"Code is about the same as Expo but tweaked for the Engineering Sample machines. New since Expo are a simple implementation for the rug modes (think White Water rafts), a super jackpot in multiball, the new Music and various tweaks of graphics and code. I would still call this alpha code - so early days!"
I will now sit on the sidelines and let those that are there give us the straight scoop....

This is really disappointing - I understand the delays in the manufacturing process, but I'm baffled why a game that was meant to ship in Q2 is still running alpha code. If the five pre-production models hold up well this weekend and they soon begin to manufacture games, can we expect them to ship with this alpha code too?

3 weeks later
#910 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

To add: I think part of the problem now is, it's <3 weeks from the 2 year anniversary since i and others put the first deposit down. That is plenty of time to build up expectations, and for a long time they were being met. So, kind of a bummer man that the various setbacks are being realized here at 11th hour.
If the SW demoed at Expo and DPO was farther along and we could see that there is enough content still available to work with that it's still going to be awesome, maybe I'd feel less tepid about the whole thing right now.
It's just that the theme IS the dialog.. so, clip approvals is pretty core to tie the whole pin together.

The delays don't bother me, but the lack of any meaningful updates to the software that we have seen has dampened my enthusiasm somewhat. As you mention it's been almost two years since I put the first deposit down, and well over a year since I've seen what the game will look like, yet I still have no real idea of the rules apart from the flowchart that they sent out a while back. Really hoping that we get to see more soon.

1 week later
#961 3 years ago

Very short NSNL just arrived...

The past weeks were intense, especially for the electronical department of our factory. They have been looking into the electronic issues that we encountered at the Dutch Pinball Open (DPO). One of the results is the redesigned Middle Main Board (MMB).

nsnl.png

The factory already started the production of the new boards. Tomorrow we will be at the factory to work out the further details and the final test procedure.

If the tests with the new boards are successful the factory will start the assembly of the first TBL's in January, so we expect to be able to start shipping TBL's in Q1 2016.

Wouldn’t that be a great start of the new year?!

Well... A rather short update, but we thought that the content is important enough to share! We'll send out more updates as soon as we have more 'new shit' to show you guys!

Until then, stay tuned.

Best regards,
Team Dutch Pinball

#972 3 years ago

Yeah, same position here. I'm sure I've said it before, but the lack of any substantial updates re the gameplay/software has had the greatest effect on my enthusiasm.

1 month later
#1010 3 years ago

So, who else is hoping for a NSNL today to end the week on a high?

#1012 3 years ago

Haha yeah, I saw what was going on in that thread! I thought posting about a NSNL may fan the flames so I hunted this thread down instead.

It would be great to see them on the line, but I'd also really like some sort of gameplay update - it's been 14 months or so since the first prototypes were played at Expo and we really haven't seen any substantial gameplay development since then.

I asked Barry last year how much notice we'd receive re our games shipping as I'll need to sell one to make room - at the time he said that I'd have a couple of weeks notice, but I'd imagine you guys in the States will have a bit more forewarning.

If games are being assembled at the moment then we shouldn't be too far away from the first machines being delivered. Very exciting.

#1015 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Are there any vids/details about the code/ruleset?

The most recent video was posted on page 20 of this thread by Nilroc - still an alpha ruleset unfortunately.

The NSNL - Pinside FAQ Edition that was sent out on the 18th of May last year had the following section and image:

Q: Any chance we could see a rulesheet/ mode diagram?

Sure, here is a high level rules logic diagram we made early on as a conversation piece for internal use. It doesn't include the possibilities of stacking, or combining modes and multiballs, nor does it detail the differences of all the rug modes, car modes, character modes and multiballs.

unnamed_(resized).jpg

#1019 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Word on the Dutch street is NSNL coming pretty soon with some very good updates. Fingers crossed!

Really hope this is true!

#1023 3 years ago

Really hoping for a NSNL today! Almost the end of Jan so I think we're due one.

#1024 3 years ago

Losing hope now - don't think we'll be getting one this late. Frustrating.

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Absolutely ridiculous that we have not seen an update on progress. I am beyond frustrated with DP and the wealth of unanswered questions this late in the game.

I agree - say what you will re The Hobbit delays, but at least the people in on that game have a lot more to go on than we do at this point. They're talking about delivery this quarter yet we've only seen alpha software, and the last newsletter said production would start in January and we still haven't received a NSNL to tell us what is going on. Both frustrated and disappointed at this point, and it's really beginning to effect my enthusiasm for the game.

#1030 3 years ago

Yeah, it's a good lesson to learn. I'd argue that the communication was great at first, but then Phil left and everything kinda went downhill.

I'm still looking forward to the game, just frustrated that I still don't really know what the gameplay will be like when it was meant to have been delivered 6+ months ago. I understand that making pinball is hard, but even those in on Rob Zombie have seen more gameplay than we have!

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Amazing how you guys forget how much HAS been shown compared to other pre-orders. Remember the amazing prototype!? How about the production samples!? How about the great art and toys? How about Bride of Pinbot - shipped and working great, with multiple code updates (there was a new one last week).
Nothing is fucked here, dude!!!!

I don't think anything is fucked here, but I think it's fair to be frustrated at this point. We've known what the game looks like since September 2014 - 16 months ago now. We still don't really know anything about the rules/gameplay/theme integration etc, despite the fact that it was meant to ship Q2 last year. I don't mind the delays, it's just the lack of updates that's frustrating.

Edit: To be fair, I think I'm disappointed due to a number of recent posts talking about a NSNL coming soon. I kinda expected one today based on those posts, and that's my fault, not Dutch Pinball's.

#1034 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

All I heard was "soon", what that means is obviously subjective..............
I have to go to the bathroom soon(About 5 minutes)
I will get out of work soon(About 7 hours)
The Superbowl is happening soon(About 9 days)
It is soon going to be spring time.(About a month and half)
Stern is going to update code on Avengers soon(2 years)
I'm as bummed and frustrated as everyone, would love some solid updates but bitching about it on here doesn't make it happen any faster. Hope everyone has a good weekend, drink some drinks and play some pinball.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't meaning to criticise those who posted about an incoming NSNL - I just wanted to acknowledge that perhaps my disappointment was slightly unjustified. It's always good to hear that something may be coming soon!

1 month later
#1092 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Emailed Jaap
He said production process going well/according to plan.

If that's true then mine should have been built last week! Did he give any indication on shipping?

1 week later
#1113 3 years ago

Yeah, shipping may be imminent but that certainly isn't an accurate statement at this point. It's also been awhile since we received a NSNL - I was hoping we'd receive one today prior to Jaap's talk tomorrow but that's looking unlikely now given the time.

#1121 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Yep, I am. To my best knowledge TPF is not streaming and also not filming the seminars

Are the machines at TPF running updated code, or is it the same as the code running on the machines at the factory tour?

#1125 3 years ago

So, no news from Jaap's talk yet?

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I am a little disappointed and underwhelmed myself and I've been a big proponent of DP. Once again, we are left out of the mix before/after a major pinball show. The preorder folks have to count on others to get updates on their purchase. It should not be this way.

I couldn't agree with this more. It's ridiculous that we have to rely on people like Rensh to provide updates when DP should be communicating with us directly. As for the code, I can only hope that what we're seeing is still very early - the website used to talk about pinball 2.0, and what we've seen is hardly revolutionary.

As an aside, thank you Rensh for putting in so much effort for keeping us in the loop, it's very much appreciated.

1 week later
#1214 3 years ago

So, as per the TPF seminar shouldn't the first couple of games have shipped now? And as per the factory tour email that was sent on the 3rd of Febraury , shouldn't the first 26 machines have been built by now?

I hope we're getting close, but I'm really feeling the lack of communication again - hoping for a NSNL this Friday, as it will have been eight weeks since the last.

#1218 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

As DP has said before, they are focusing on quality, not schedule.. So if something has to be reworked, I imagine it will be. Hopefully not a major issue like another board revision that costs a month.

That's the thing - I'd much rather they take their time and produce a high quality machine. I honestly wouldn't mind if it was delayed another six months, although I'd obviously prefer that this wasn't the case. It's the lack of any type of communication that bothers me - we don't need a full NSNL, just a quick email re the current status!

I also don't want to hassle them at this point. It's just good to vent.

#1220 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Think it was Koen or Barry who posted in the BoP 2.0 forum (their own) saying that a new BoP 2.0 update fixing several things and adding stuff would have to be delayed a week or so. It was intended to go out last week, but they were locked in the office working on TBL code instead.

Thanks for the heads up - I just checked the DP forum and in a post on the 30th of March Koen stated 'But this week we are in full TBL crunch mode with the creative team so it will be next week at the earliest.'

So that's something at least! I still can't wait to receive my game - since it was announced that Roger Sharpe had helped them resolve the issue with the clips from the movie my anticipation has returned - I just wish that the communication was as good now as it was prior to Phil's departure. At least it sounds like we're getting close now.

#1223 3 years ago

So, eight weeks since the last NSNL - anyone else hoping for one today?

#1225 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why don't you just email Barry or whomever is in charge and ask for a project update. Are games being built, or are they still modifying the hardware based on TPF. When does the first container go out, etc, etc.
Any company worth their salt will get back to you in 24 hours. There is simply NO excuse for non-communication.

I have emailed Barry previously - and while he does respond, the information isn't particularly useful, and the response feels generic. It's sad, but the most useful insights into how the project is progressing come from the newsletters, which used to be much more frequent.

The worst part is, if they'd maintained the level of communication from the first year of the project I would have pre-ordered their second machine without hesitating if it was a theme I like. It was exciting and made me feel involved with the development - which is exactly what was promised. Given how sporadic and frustrating it has become since Phil left the project, I can't see myself ever pre-ordering again. Lesson learnt I guess.

1 week later
#1238 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

Email from Barry earlier today suggests NSN being written now, for release tomorrow, with some welcome news. That's all I know and am hoping for the news we all want to hear - and I don't mean crickets

I hope that you're right - could really use a NSNL today!

#1241 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I too had an email from Jaap after I emailed asking how ghings were going.
NSNL is in the next 24hrs or less

I get on a plane for around 9 hours at 1pm tomorrow - really hope it comes through before then, otherwise the flight will be torture!

#1265 3 years ago

Can't wait to see pics of this opened!

#1268 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Darkness has washed over the Netherlands..
Till tomorrow!

As much as I'd love to see pics, you can't blame the guy for enjoying the game on the night it was delivered! Hard to believe that someone finally has a game home - hoping that number eight makes it to me before long.

#1310 3 years ago

Great to see the first unboxing pics! Hopefully number 8 will get to me before the end of May - looks possible if they're currently finishing one machine each week. Can't wait to see video - wonder if the code the machine ships with is any different to that we've seen previously?

#1312 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Can I come round and play it when you do!?
When Gary Flower asked Jaap on my behalf when mine (105) would be ready he said late June/ early July. But not holding much hope of that now
Would really like GBLE, THBLE, & TBL to turn up together. That will be an one serious unboxing party!

Haha yeah of course, you're welcome to stop by for a few games while your waiting for yours. I'm sure I'll be posting about it when it does arrive so drop me a message when you see me mention it!

That would be a pretty incredible party if all three arrived at the same time! I've got a GB Premium on order but I'll be lucky if I see that before August.... Work is taking me to Birmingham next week though so I'll be dropping by Tilt to check out The Hobbit and GB Pro. Can't wait!

#1333 3 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Will drop a review soon guys!
- Want to know specifics? Let me know...

Thanks, really looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Is the code any more advanced than we've previously seen?

#1337 3 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Have not been tracking code statuses in the past... What's the latest in general you're aware of?
Version 0.41 is installed now.

To be honest I'm not sure re the version number, I've just seen videos of the code - most recently from the Texas Pinball Festival.

How fleshed out does the code seem to be? Are the rug modes implemented at this point? Does it feel deep and somewhat polished, or still fairly beta? Sorry to ask so many questions - I'd be very interested to hear any general thoughts you have on the game as well.

#1355 3 years ago

The anticipation of waiting for feedback is killing me!

#1365 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Software is updated from Texas.
(More on this later)

Can't wait to hear more on this - really glad that the game is shipping with updated software.

#1378 3 years ago

Thanks for the update on the code - sounds like it's come along somewhat but still a way to go. Can't wait for number 8 to arrive, hope more machines ship soon!

#1393 3 years ago

Yup. Haven't heard of any more games shipping yet, and I emailed Jaap on Tuesday and I'm yet to hear back. Hopefully more news will come out soon. How are you guys with the game enjoying it now you've had it for a week or so?

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Looking at the serial # list, yeah we have an accounting gap on pinside .. Goes from #3 directly to your #8. So the next four to ship prob aren't pinsiders. So obviously, things aren't flying off the shelves. And also, with the rumors of them moving buildings.. Wonder if that's basically 1-2 weeks of no machines being made to do the move.

Heard back from Jaap today - they expect that my machine will be ready to ship next week, so it sounds like they are finishing one game a week as previously stated. Very excited now, although the next couple of weeks are going to be a struggle!

#1417 3 years ago

Good to see that more than the first three have landed now - really looking forward to getting the email saying that number 8 is ready!

1 week later
#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Have you gotten said email yet?

I got the following this morning...

Your machine is planned to be ready this Friday but Barry and me want to test it before it is boxed. We will do this next Monday and if everything is ok shipment will be next Tuesday.
I hope this info is good news for you!
Kind regards, Jaap

Not that anyone will find this surprising, but I have to admit that this was very good news to receive. Next weekend is a three day weekend over here, so I've asked if I can pay extra to guarantee delivery on either Friday or Saturday - it would be great to have it for then.

I'll be sure to get some photos and video up once it arrives - I don't have a tripod setup or anything though, so I'm afraid it won't be ideal unless I can find one to borrow.

#1432 3 years ago

Hensbrooker, you aren't making the wait any easier! How are you liking the game now you've had it for a few weeks?

#1437 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

New code expected next week too!

That could be perfect timing for me! I moved Iron Man VE out to a friends place this morning so I have an empty space ready...

#1442 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My IMve, Tron LE and TBL will be together - The Jeff Bridges Pinball Trilogy

I live in an apartment in London, so I only have room for two machines - the rest of the collection is at my parents place. Iron Man VE has gone to my friends house, but TBL will be next to my Tron LE, at least until GB Premium arrives - then Tron LE will go to my parents! Juggling machines without much space is difficult.

Edit: My original point here that I didn't get around to mention is that I too seem to have an affinity for pinball machines featuring Jeff Bridges. Several people have pointed this out to me previously.

#1467 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

So if a person were to order The Big Lebowski now, what sort of wait times would we be probably looking at to get one?

Hard to say really - the first machines started shipping around a month ago, and mine (number 8, which I ordered within 10 minutes or so of the pre-order becoming available in December 2013) is due to be shipped this week. They do plan to speed up production, but there are 180+ machines pre-ordered so there will be a bit of a backlog to get through.

I'd imagine that if you were to order one now you'd be looking at the end of this year or early next year, but that's very much a guess. If you're interested it may be worth contacting Cointaker and asking them?

#1485 3 years ago

Do we know yet how the software is updated? If it's similar to Stern - ie download file to PC and transfer it over - then hopefully a solution similar to pinball browser is possible.

#1489 3 years ago

Got the email today - my machine is ready and will be collected on Thursday. Should be with me Monday or Tuesday next week. Very exciting.

#1496 3 years ago

So, I just checked the Dutch Pinball forum for the first time in ages, and there is a post from Koen with instructions as to how the software update will work:

How will you receive your updates:
- When a new update becomes available we will e-mail the download link and changelog to all The Big Lebowski™ Pinball owners (for the machines that have shipped).

USB Update instructions:
- Download the .zip file of the latest software version (without renaming the file and without extracting the zip - some browsers have a setting to do this automatically, so disable that if needed).
- Copy this .zip file to the root (meaning not in a subfolder) of a USB memory stick.
- Start your pinball machine and insert your USB memory stick in a free USB port of the computer in the backbox.
- Enter the Service Menu and go down to "Software Menu" -> "USB Update".
- Now you'll see a list of the available versions on your USB memory stick that are not yet installed. Select the version you want to install.
- Wait for "downloading" and "installing" to finish. The menu will then jump to where you can "Select" the new version.
- Select the new version and confirm the NO / YES question by pressing the "right" (Volume +) button.
- The game will restart using the new code.

Good to know:
- All your profiles, settings, highscores, audits etc. will carry over when you update to a newer version.
- The most recent change log will always be available here: http://www.dutchpinball.com/tbl/software/changelog.txt

If you encounter any specific problems with your software update, please e-mail us at support@dutchpinball.com with a detailed description of the problem you are experiencing.

Out of curiosity I clicked on the link to the changelog, and it details software 0.43 - whereas the machines that have shipped to date have 0.41. So, one can assume that the incoming software update adds the following:

--- Official The Big Lebowski Version Change Log by Dutch Pinball ---

Version 0.43 (xx-05-2016)

Rules:
- Implemented Rug Modes rules, music & intro lightshows.
- Rug & Bowling skillshots now lite those respective modes (if not lit yet).
- "Mark It Zero" can now be skipped.
- Added possibility to cancel starting "Character Multiball" with the launch
button, so it's safer to collect "Mark It Zero" and "Let's Go Bowling".
- Multiball jackpot value now is increased with each jackpot.
- Light Lock targets are now blocked while Lock is lit (in other words lit
locks can't be stacked).
- Added setting "Adjustment Menu -> Rules -> White Russian Targets" with
options "Precise", "Forgiving" and "Always add ingredient". Defaults to
"Forgiving" which spots a neighbour target if the actual hit target is lit.
- During multiball, "Let's Go Bowling" can't be progressed towards anymore.
- If 0 points are scored the ball is always saved.

Assets:
- Updated rug mode intros and outros.
- Added Multiball jackpot animations.
- Added "Character mode ready" animation when spelling the last letter.
- Added knocker sound to Match sequence.
- Updated some switch & icon sounds.
- Updated coloring of in-game fonts, service mode & miscellaneous.

Improvements:
- A new game can now be started during the Match sequence.
- Shots with multiple purposes now only show the most relevant visual.
- Repeated incidental icons (top right) will now re-use the previous icon so
the screen doesn't get spammed with the same icon.
- Reduced Bowling pins default pulse time & setting range.
- The launch button can now also be used in profile screens in addition to
the start button. Also added more button sounds to these screens.
- Added Switch Checklist test.
- Switched right inlane & outlane switch addresses to match correct wiring.
- Added setting "Adjustment Menu -> Rules -> Ball Saver Length".

Bugfixes:
- Ballsaver would sometimes serve multiple balls.
- Rug would move all the way back at start of ball without cause.
- A new music track would be started in between "Let's Go Bowling" and
"Character Multiball" start.
- Rug mode arrows would be visible during multiball play.
- Rug wouldn't always move forward when Multiball was started.
- Various scoop & saucer lights would show lit modes that couldn't be
started during multiball play.
- Match sequence music wasn't very audible; now the Game Over music starts
after the Match sequence.
- Scores could be displayed duplicated from other players during highscore
screens and match sequence.

...and many more tweaks & improvements.

Version 0.42 (xx-05-2016)

Bugfixes:
- Hard disk space check was not checking the correct partition.

Looks promising!

#1498 3 years ago

NSNL just landed!

As you may already know the first The Big Lebowski™ Pinball games have arrived at the first achievers. Our goal is now to ramp up production as fast as we can so everybody will soon get their game. We hope the shipment of the first container with 21 games for the US will leave the factory as soon as possible.

Here are some pictures of the first games that have been delivered to the first achievers!

TBL #2 in The Netherlands:

unnamed_(resized).png

TBL #3 in the US

unnamed_(1)_(resized).png

TBL #5 in Sweden:

unnamed_(2)_(resized).png

Production has moved
In the first weeks of production, we found out that we needed more space. That’s why we moved the production to another hall at our production facility. New people were hired as well and they now are fully trained for building (parts of) the games.

unnamed_(1)_(resized).jpg

The factory builds the games and pre-tests them according to our (very thorough) testing procedure. After this, we (Dutch Pinball) test the machine as well. Yesterday we tested and boxed game #9. Next Monday, TBL #10, #11 and #12 will be ready to be tested. When a game passes the test we will contact the achiever to ask what type of shipment he prefers.

We realize the amount of games that have been built might not seem like a lot, but we are confident that in the next couple of weeks the ‘rate per week’ will go up as we – and the factory – are getting better and faster at building the games.

Shipping FAQ's
We've received a lot of question about shipping. So here are some frequently asked questions and answers about shipping:

Q: How many games will be shipped in one container and how long does it take to travel on a boat to the US?
A: A 20-foot container will fit 21 games. As soon as it is fully loaded it will be transported to the port (Rotterdam) and ship to Cointaker who will handle the local distribution in the US. When we have 21 games ready will depend on the amount of games that are ordered for the US (we produce by number) plus how many customers choose to ship by air. From the 9 games that are tested and boxed, five are waiting to go in the container. Of the next 20 games, 16 are for the US.

Q: Is it possible to arrange shipping by myself?
A: Yes, you can. Please send an email to sales@dutchpinball.com to arrange the time and date for pickup. Please keep in mind that you need to arrange the insurance as well if you choose this option.

Q: When will my game ship and should I already let you know which shipping method I prefer?
A: As soon as your game is (almost) ready you will receive an email to confirm your delivery address and to ask which shipment method you prefer. Until you receive this question, you don't have to do anything.
We'll send out more updates as soon as we have more 'new shit' to show you guys!

Until then, stay tuned.

Best regards,
Team Dutch Pinball

#1500 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wonder if they can come up with a better name than "Character Multiball". Maybe something clever based on which characters you have collected when you start it. For example, if you have Dude and Maude = Coitus Multiball. Donny and Walter = Out of Your Element Multiball. The combinations could get really funny.

That would be great! Perhaps you should email Jaap or Barry...

Jesus and Walter could be 'Until the Trigger Goes Click Multiball'

#1505 3 years ago

From the notes for the new code, I particularly like this feature:

- Added possibility to cancel starting "Character Multiball" with the launch button, so it's safer to collect "Mark It Zero" and "Let's Go Bowling".

Very cool.

#1509 3 years ago

The changelog that I posted yesterday has had a small update this morning. Yesterday it stated:

Version 0.43 (xx-05-2016)

Whereas today it states:

Version 0.43 (27-05-2016)

Looks like new code will be out today!

#1510 3 years ago

I just received the email with the links to download the new software...

#1513 3 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

What would this be?!?

No installing...

Please let me know your thoughts! Particularly interested in how the rug modes have evolved... My machine is due on Monday or Tuesday next week and this is going to make the wait much more difficult.

Was switching the connectors easy?

#1515 3 years ago

I've extracted the file locally and browsed through it a bit... Don't think it will be particularly difficult to switch out the music.

TBL_Music_(resized).jpg

Each folder contains a .wav file. I imagine if you replace the .wav file with another of the same name, it'll work.

TBL_Music_2_(resized).jpg

I've only found the rug mode music files so far.

#1516 3 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Switching connectors is a breeze... Just in and out.

Fantastic, thanks.

#1519 3 years ago

I doubt it. Simply replace the file with your music and the same filename and run the update. Obviously save the originals to return it to stock.

Any chance of this bricking the machine?

#1523 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Still after playing monkeys machine I do think there was no rhyme nor reason why or why not the rug moved even when hit hard sometimes it didn't. I assume there is times when it's not suppose to? Is there anything that qualifies it or I'm just a weak pansy with my shots?

From watching the video posted a couple of pages back, it seems that the arrow underneath the rug flashes green when a shot is registered and the rug moves, and flashes red when a shot is registered and the rug doesn't move - therefore I assume that at certain times the rug is not supposed to move when hit?

#1525 3 years ago

So Hensbrooker - how's the new code?

#1529 3 years ago

Thanks Hensbrooker, sounds like a really good update. Really appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts.

#1542 3 years ago

I've really appreciated the videos that others have posted, and as I'm getting my machine before many of you I thought I'd try to work out a way to give something back... But as I don't normally have a need to video anything I wanted to do it without spending much.

I have a high backed office chair near my machines, so I bought a GorillaPod hoping that would help me record decent 4K video on my iPhone 6S Plus. Tried it out earlier and it works pretty well. I'll be able to upload video of my TBL from this angle - although if anyone has any better suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

image.png

#1544 3 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

So... after playing several games on V0.43:
- Cancelling Character MB's works like a charm. You have a couple of sec when hitting the start-mode-lane to cancel the action. Regular play continues directly after. Although it's a cool feature I don't know if it's that great as is. Because now when your able to unlimited stack CMB's it does not really feel like an achievement when collecting them all before starting that Mega 5-Character MB. Maybe putting a max of 3 cancellations would be a bit better...

The alternative would be that you can only cancel when either Mark it Zero or Let's go Bowling are lit - allowing you to collect one of those without starting Character MB, but not allowing the option to keep cancelling Character MB until all five characters are collected.

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I'd video at 1080p 60fps. 4K is nice and all, but i find the video not as smooth at 30fps. also the 4K file will be a lot larger and longer to process for little extra benefit

Thanks for that - I'll record 1080p 60fps instead as you've suggested.

#1546 3 years ago

image.jpeg

#1548 3 years ago

Afraid I don't have time to post detailed impressions - that'll have to wait until tomorrow - but I'm very happy with the machine. In the meantime though, I recorded a short game on the new software:

Afraid I'm not playing very well as still learning the machine - this was probably my tenth game or so - and I don't start any of the multiballs, but I do start a few rug modes. Of course the next game I played after finishing recording was much better, but that's the way these things go I guess! I'll do another video tomorrow night and make sure I get Nihilist Showdown as that's probably the most visually impressive mode at the moment.

If anyone has any questions let me know me and I'll do my best to answer them tomorrow.

#1561 3 years ago

Ok, a few quick thoughts while I'm on lunch.

- I'm no longer worried about replacing the instrumentals with the soundtrack. The instrumentals work well with gameplay, and with the number of movie clips that play I think it would be distracting/confusing to have tracks with vocals. If someone else makes a custom code I'll probably give it a go, but I think the overall quality of the music is good enough to live with.

- The build quality is pretty impressive. Feels much more solid than Stern, and whilst I never had a B/W NIB, I can't imagine they came out looking this good. The decals in particular surprised me - extremely glossy, really nice finish. I was shocked by the weight of the backglass when I removed it - has a real weight to it.

- I did have a few issues with the machine out of the box but Barry was very responsive and the main issue was resolved within an hour or two. Couple of small things I still need to work on but I'm not concerned in the slightest. I'm sure the testing / quality control will only get better as they come across more issues.

- The display is fantastic. Much prefer it to the large monitor used in JJP machines.

- The light show in attract mode is incredible in person. The light shows in the game aren't quite there yet, but I'm sure they'll improve with time. I'm sure we all agree that it's more important for DP to focus on getting the modes in first before making everything pretty.

- The one exception to the above is the lightshow during Nihilist Showdown - very cool. As Hensbrooker mentioned earlier in the thread the GI pulses in time to the soundtrack, and it reminds me to a degree of Strobe Multiball in AFM, though clearly not as challenging.

- The rug modes are cool - variety of shots depending on the mode, and after each successful shot another clip from the movie is played to further the scene. In the 'This is What Happens' rug mode you have to shoot the car on the upper playfield, and after each successful shot to the car the upper flipper dies so you have to get it back up there again which I thought was a nice touch.

- The game is much more difficult than I thought it would be. There's one really dangerous shot - Donny - as the ball comes around the loop very quickly, and heads SDTM. Have to nudge to save every time. Similarly the rug skillshot send the ball around the loop in the other direction extremely fast and has on occasion gone SDTM. Shooting the shot to light the bowling letters on the upper playfield is difficult too.

- Following on from the above, reaching the Wizard Mode is going to be a real challenge. I have a feeling that collecting all bowling balls via the bowling toy is going to be the hardest goal to achieve.

- The rug toy does need a strong hit to register. Barry advised me to loosen a couple of screws under the playfield which certainly helped, but you still need a good direct shot.

- The movie clips etc are really well integrated and extremely varied. All the scenes you'd expect are present. Really no need to worry going forwards.

- The system menu is very straightforward and easy to navigate. Very impressed.

Gotta get back to work, but if anyone has any questions I'll answer them this evening. I'll also upload another video overnight (uploading kills my download speed which I'll need this evening) and I'll post it in the morning. Can't wait to get home to get a few more games in!

#1566 3 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

On the Donny lane STDM issue... I only encounter such an issue when getting the "Honor Donny" rug mode and then shooting the Maude lane. It seems like the ball gets to hyper speed and really bounces off the flippers. It almost always creates an air ball bouncing around the lower area. More then often ending up in the outlane.
If your STDM problem comes out of rollback balls I would recommend to adjust the endpart of the ball guide a bit so the ball ends up on the flipperbat. I mention this since I do not encounter the same problem as you.

Thanks for your thoughts on this - the SDTM problem doesn't come from rollback balls, but instead when I make a successful shot to the Donny lane. It loops around, comes back down the Maude lane to the left of the right ramp (Walter) and then goes SDTM.

When you shoot the Donny lane on your machine, which flipper does the ball return to when exiting the Maude lane?

#1567 3 years ago

Sorry guys, I won't be able to upload another video this evening. Just tried to record a game which turned out pretty good - grand champion high score, 4 x multiball, 2 x nihilist showdown, few rug modes - and after the game finished I realised my phone had stopped recording after the first two minutes because it's out of space. Very frustrating. Will try again tomorrow!

#1575 3 years ago

I uploaded another video overnight - still not playing very well, but I do briefly get to Nihilist Showdown and play a pretty bad four character multiball.

It's strange, I don't seem to play that well when I'm recording. The next game I played after this one I set a new GC score and got the five character multiball! Ah well. I'm away for the next couple of nights but I'll try again next week.

Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Ball returns at the tip of right. Does not leave that much, but it's enough without nudging.
Again, please check if you can adjust the end of the ball guide. Just a bit should do the trick.
Pic of how close the guide runs the pole:

Thanks for this - I did check and the ball guide is as close to the post as on yours. I had the machine at 6.5 degrees but raised it to 7 degrees last night and this seems to have helped - the ball only goes SDTM occasionally now. What's strange is that when I get a rollback it always comes to the tip of the right flipper, but when I loop the shot by shooting the Donny lane the ball seems to come away from the guide slightly on the way down. I'll play around with it.

#1577 3 years ago

Walter ramp can be difficult - not much harder to shoot with a 7 degree pitch but not a guaranteed shot from a ball trap on the left flipper. I haven't tried increasing the coil strength on the left flipper so may experiment with that. Don't think I've managed to backhand it on purpose - not sure if it's possible given the angle.

#1586 3 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Thanks for posting the vids JustLikeMe! Easily the best that I have seen of the game. They have really got me excited again about getting mine. I notice that you are not going bowling. It seems like the bowling alley is accessed all the time in all of the other videos that I have seen. I know DP mentioned that they have been setting the game up for shows and such to feature the bowling mech. How do you have your machine configured with regards to bowling? Are you avoiding bowling or is it that rare of an occurrence in a standard setup machine?

To be honest, I'm avoiding going bowling. The one outstanding issue I have with the machine is the bowling alley - the opto doesn't register and therefore I fail every challenge. Barry is helping me troubleshoot the issue and it looks like they're going to have to send me a new opto board. It was working when it arrived but only for the first few games.

Lighting lets go bowling can be done via a skill shot which immediately puts the ball on the upper playfield - shooting the shot that loops around the bowling alley immediately qualifies the mode. In the long term I think this will be the skill shot to go for, because I find it easier to open the rug in normal play than light lets go bowling, but for the time being its kinda pointless. It's definitely not going to be as common to get as it is in videos from shows.

The default, at least to get it lit for the first time, is three or four shots I think.

#1587 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Thanks for the video. Do I spot a scoring issue right at the beginning? You make the skill shot and the score stays at 10 points...

Not sure - possibly! Hard to pay attention to the scoring when you're playing and to be honest I haven't really watched the videos I've uploaded properly.

#1588 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I've upped all three flippers two notches.
Plenty of strength now and there's still a few notches open.
I also lowered the scoop and slings pulse.

Do you have any issues with the ball going SDTM from the Maude lane after shooting the Donny shot? It's happening less now I've raised the machine level to seven degrees but it's frustrating when it does happen.

#1639 3 years ago

Sorry I've been missing from the thread the past few days, I was away over the weekend.

Got an email from DP this morning with slightly updated code, release notes as follows:

Version 0.44 (June 6th 2016)

Rules:
- Hitting the rug during rug modes adds 10 seconds to the mode's timer (except
for the "Where's the Money" mode where the rug is the main shot).
- Regular Multiball can no longer be progressed towards or started during
Character Multiball - this proved too confusing and wasn't worthwhile.
- Adjusted bummer bonus to 6.900 (down from 69.000).

Assets:
- New Bonus countdown background & text movement.
- Updated Bowling pins visualization.

Improvements:
- Left ramp diverter stays down shorter to prevent the coil from warming up.
- During attract mode the flipper buttons now trigger random quotes.
- The "Match" and "Female Form" music tracks are a bit louder now.

Bugfixes:
- After tilting, the rug would not detect hits for the rest of the game.
- Simultaneous Rug Mode & Lock shot now discards the Rug Mode shot animation.
- Bonus countdown wouldn't always have the correct length of background music.

Nothing too exciting, but it shows that they are working away on it - and it's nice to receive incremental upgrades when they are ready as opposed to waiting months for a big update like with Stern.

1 week later
#1679 3 years ago

Sorry guys, I've had a few issues with the machine I need to sort out before I film anymore gameplay - doesn't seem to be much point until everything is working as intended. I'm hoping that for everyone else's sake I'm just unlucky, because I've had three NIB Stern games and none have arrived with this many problems.

I'm hopeful that I'll get them all resolved, but I'm becoming very concerned by the SDTM issue I have when shooting for Donny - not sure how I'm going to fix that.

#1682 3 years ago

Yeah, I knew what I was getting myself in for when I pre-ordered from a new manufacturer, and most of the problems are ones I'm sure I'll be able to solve... but the SDTM is worrying, as I'm just not sure what adjustments I can make to help.

I turned down the strength of the right flipper which did make a difference, but the unintended consequence was that it became much more difficult to make a shot to the rug that registered - and the game does generally play better with the flipper strength high. So, I've turned the flipper strength back up, and now there's a 90% chance I'll lose the ball when I hit the Donny shot, which is frustrating.

#1684 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Have you tried adjusting the ball guide?
I would remove the plastic and bend the metal inward below the spinner.

I've tried adjusting it where I can reach without taking anything off the playfield, but I think I may have to try this next. It looks like I may have to remove the mini-playfield to remove the plastic which I was hoping to avoid!

#1687 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

So is your open issue list still the Donny SDTM and the bowling opto? Hopefully as they find defect escapes they update their test plan to catch more things.

No - there are a couple of other minor issues, nothing too worrying though. The Donny SDTM is the my only real concern at the moment.

1 week later
#1698 3 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

any luck fixing the issue?

Yes - I couldn't bend the guide back to the right any more as there was literally no space to work with, but I followed Barry's advice and bent the guide to the left - now the ball returns to the left flipper after looping the Donny shot, which actually sets up a pretty satisfying shot to Jesus. It did damage the playfield slightly when adjusting the guide, but only a small mark and worth it to have the game playing so much better!

1 week later
#1725 3 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

they told me last Friday it would ship Monday/Tuesday. Since then I´ve heard nothing. I sure hope the game´s better than their communication......but we all know that, don´t we?

Have they got in touch with you re payment for shipping? DP gave me a couple of dates that the machine would ship on before it actually did ship - the date they gave me when they requested payment was the date it shipped on.

I'm expecting a few parts to arrive from DP in the next few days, and hoping that when they arrive I'll be able to resolve the last few issues with my game. When that happens I'll record some more gameplay.

#1730 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Are these parts replacements or potentially redesigned elements ? Thinking if they found sonething they wanted to improve for everyone, might be a cause for a hold up with BigLebowski's machine.

Replacement opto boards for the bowling alley toy, and what I believe to be a screw and washer or similar that was missing from the bowling alley exterior on the upper playfield. Nothing redesigned.

I received the package on Saturday but haven't had a chance to install yet. To be honest with the work week I have ahead, I probably won't have a chance til the weekend.

1 week later
#1789 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

hi there,
just a question: where this machine is built? in the US?
thanks

It's built in Utrecht in the Netherlands.

Congratulations to those with machines heading to the States in the first container, looking forward to more of us receiving the game! I've had the replacement opto boards to try and resolve my bowling alley issue for a week or two now but just haven't had time to fit them due to work and other commitments - hoping to do so before the end of the weekend.

1 week later
#1874 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I can certainly relate and congratulations Dude for coming out of the closet with your DP shirt!
I've been getting the "Did you get your Big Lebowski game yet?" question from various co-workers and friends regularly for a long time now. While on one hand, I really appreciate them asking since very few have any real interest in pinball (it's the Big Lebowski theme that intrigues them), I have tired of having to reply that I'm still waiting.
It will be a grand day indeed when I can proudly exclaim that my TBL is on its way! Although I've never worn my DP shirt to work yet, perhaps I'll buy of those costlier DP t-shirts with the "Fuck it Dude - let's go bowling!" wording on the back (assuming they're still available) for the occasion.

I was getting the same question for a year or more - my friends couldn't believe how patient I was being, but none of them are pinheads and therefore hadn't seen how long other machines had taken to finally ship. It was a good day when I could finally say it was in transit.

1 week later
#1925 3 years ago

Just received a new code update email...

Version 0.45 - August 5th 2016

Rules:
- Added "Roaming Pin" challenge to "Let's Go Bowling".
- "Character Multiball" can no longer be canceled if it's the only thing lit
at the saucer.

Improvements:
- When stopping the game with the start button, the ball now remains in the
shooter lane for 10 seconds to make starting a new game much quicker.
- Mystery animations can now be sped up by pressing both flipper buttons.
- Improved bowling alley ball accuracy (which pins are being hit directly).
- Car and bowling stepper motors now can compensate for EOS switch failure.
- Reduced the delay/stutter when entering the attract mode from the game or
after the match sequence.

Service menu:
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> Live -> Live serial number" menu item.
Instructions and Live serials will be distributed soon via e-mail.
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> Pricing / Awards -> Match percentage" menu item,
with a default of 8% (was fixed at 10% previously).
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> Pricing / Awards -> Highscore awards" with 5
settings for Grand Champion and Highscore 1 to 4. When a player now gets a
highscore and saves it (selects profile), he will be awarded the specified
amount of credits.
- Added "Software Menu -> Current version -> Factory Reset" menu item, which
performs a factory reset for the current version, resetting all settings,
audits, highscores & profiles.
- Changed slingshots coil strength range and factory default to match the
new solenoids (machine owners with 23-800 slingshot solenoids will receive
26-1200 replacements). After updating to 0.45 and installing the 26-1200's
(if necessary) you should set both the "Adjustment Menu -> Coil Strengths ->
Slingshot Left/Right" settings to 25ms (new factory default).

Bugfixes:
- Fixed a special case were the rug would become unresponsive to hits.
- "The Dude Abides" goal inserts would not carry over to the next ball.
- "Adjustment Menu -> Coil Strengths" settings would only apply from the time
they were changed till the machine was shut down. The settings for Slingshot
and Jets didn't have any effect. This is now fixed, for this reason all coil
strength settings are reset to their factory default.
- Ballsearch:
* Is now prevented from starting when a ball is cradled.
* Is now disabled during "Mark It Zero" movie clips.
* Now also listens to the mini playfield ramp.
- The "Right Ramp Made" switch was erroneously called "Right Ramp Enter".
- Renamed the "MPF Habitrail" switch to "MPF Exit".

#1929 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Looks like a good bug squashing release to handle a few ssues you guys must of reported. Interesting about the solenoid model swap.

Yeah, first I've heard of it though! The coil strength adjustment bugfix makes a couple of issues I've experienced make more sense. IfI'm honest I was hoping for more in terms of rules but hopefully that'll be coming soon.

I still haven't had a chance to install the new bowling alley opto - work has been crazy the past few weeks - but hope to finally get around to it this weekend. The other frustrating issue I'm experiencing is that the sling switches constantly need to be readjusted which is frustrating - need to email Barry about that this weekend.

#2009 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

No video yet !?

I uploaded two videos a couple of months ago

#2039 3 years ago

My playfield is so tight against the cabinet that I end up with black dust on the side rails when raising/lowering the playfield! If I installed mirror blades on mine they'd be scratched to hell in days.

1 month later
#2263 3 years ago

I'm getting quite frustrated now - I've had the machine since the end of May and my bowling alley still isn't working. On the 5th September Barry asked me some follow up questions and asked for a few days to figure it out and I haven't heard anything since. Just set him an email now to ask what's going on. It works mechanically but the opto isn't registering, even though I've replaced it with a new set that DP sent out to me. I've had NIB games before and know that issues aren't uncommon, but I've never had a game with a major element not working this long before.

I've also got another problem - in car modes and the 'This is What Happens' rug mode the car isn't registering hits. This is because when the car comes out it closes the car switches on the mini playfield and therefore hits don't register. If I manually move the car away from these switches a hit is registered, but it then returns and closes the switches again and hits aren't registered. Anyone else have the same problem?

Oh and the leaf switches on the slingshots are still temperamental, and require seemingly constant adjustment. Not having much fun with the game right now.

#2267 3 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Your problems with the bowling alley are a bummer. Mine works 99% of the time and with the new code it seems to register the hits better. I had one instance where I clearly missed the front pin and it still registered it. So it´s still not a 100% perfect.
With the car I had one instance where it got stuck half way out of the garage, but otherwise it seems to work. I still haven´t figured out when it actually should go back in..... Timer? # of hits? No clue.....
The leaf switches are the same problem in my TBL. The bend much too easily. One day I´ll replace them with standard Williams switches from one of the shops.
The other problem I still have to tackle is the STDMs from the Donny lane. I didn´t have them in the beginning but now they are more the rule than the exception. Since this also seems to be a known issue I´d really appreciate a guide from DP how to bend the laneguide so that these don´t happen anymore. They´re very frustrating.
Finally I´m looking forward to the new diverter and the replacements for my broken slingshot plastics.
Has anybody spoken to Pinbits if they´d be interested in making a plastics protector set?

I don't think the car modes are really programmed in yet. Hopefully we'll get a software update soon.

When I asked Barry about my SDTM issue he said:

'The easiest way to fix it is to bend the last inch of the right guide a bit to the left' and sent me this picture:

DP (resized).jpg

I did as he suggested and it fixed the issue - all balls now return to the left flipper - but it did damage the playfield slightly so be careful!

If we can just replace the leaf switches with Williams switches that would be great, please let me know if that works for you and I'll do the same.

Quoted from sd_tom:

So, on mine the outside target is bent outward a bit. I assume that's to make sure the car doesn't set the interior target when deployed.. I.e., Uses the outside one as a resting place (stops when triggered), without setting the interior one.. interior gets set on a car hit.
That make sense? I can get a pic/video of how far my left target us bent outward.

Thanks - that does make sense, yes. I originally tried bending both targets further back so that the car would not be in contact with either, but I didn't think of bending one forward. I'll try that next week as currently TBL is wrapped in plastic and under a dust sheet because of some work that's going on in the next room.

#2268 3 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I think a number of us are having issues with the bowling alley and from what I understand they are working on a fix.

I think my situation is different - my bowling alley opto doesn't register at all, ever. Not in test, not in gameplay. It worked the first game I ever played on the machine and hasn't worked since, even with a replacement set of optos they sent me. The coils work in test so mechanically it seems fine, but it never registers electronically.

4 months later
#2942 2 years ago

As one of the few who has received their machine, I'm concerned for different reasons. I've avoided posting about this until now, but finding this information out via Pinside has prompted me to share.

My machine was delivered at the end of May - just over eight months ago. I still don't have a working bowling alley. It worked on the very first game I played after taking delivery, but not once since. I've been sent several replacement optos in that time and none have worked. I've replaced fuses, which didn't help. I've helped to troubleshoot the issue where possible but so far no progress on a resolution. A pinball technician that I use has recommended that I request DP to send out a full new bowling alley, but I've continuously given DP the benefit of the doubt and assumed that they would help rectify the issue.

To be fair to Barry and DP there have been times where the delay in moving forwards has been my fault, as I haven't always been able to install and test the new parts immediately after receiving them. However, Barry said to me over a month ago he'd speak to the team at the factory and work out a new resolution, and despite requesting an update I've heard nothing - and I now find out via Pinside that they're going to have to change manufacturers and may be entering legal proceedings against the company who manufactured my game. This is far from reassuring. If the relationship between DP and ARA has broken down to this extent, what does this mean for us with ARA manufactured games if elements of the design change or are refined by the new manufacturer?

I've tried to be positive, but even with a non-working game at home the communication and assistance from DP has been lacking. People complain about Stern, but I've never had issues of this nature with the NIB Sterns I've bought over the years. In fact, Stern have sent me parts without charge for machines I've bought from other owners. I have one of the few TBL that have shipped, and in eight months they haven't been able to help me get the major toy working. I hardly play the game at this point out of sheer frustration.

I hope that DP manage to get things moving again soon for the sake of all of those still waiting for their games, but I'm now even more concerned about the future of the machine I have at home.

#2965 2 years ago

Could someone please post the ARA email?

#2967 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I told Jaap that I would not post the email on forums or social media as long as he gives me straight information by the end of the day today. No more bull shit. I will stay true to my word. However, I know others that got the same email I did.

Fair enough. If anyone else has it and doesn't want to post it, a PM would be much appreciated.

#3007 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Same here please.
If I have to fly to get my game I will!

If you do, any chance you could grab me a spare bowling alley mech?

I'd also appreciate the ARA email via PM is anyone is able to share.

#3191 2 years ago

ARA did say in the letter they sent that there were no board issues, and someone else mentioned that DP stated that it was something said to buy time...

1 month later
#3813 2 years ago

Yeah, really not the time to announce the next game. Not sure why they think this is a good idea.

Also, if they're in a position to explain the status of TBL in three days time, they should be updating those with orders now. Asking them to wait for second hand accounts from a seminar at a pinball show is just ridiculous.

#3818 2 years ago

I haven't been posting in this thread recently as having received my game it seems insensitive to be complaining given the situation that many others are in - but does anyone else with the game still have any unresolved issues?

#3844 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I hope it's not a dream theme of mine as I'd never own it.

Yeah, I think this is the first time a game is going to be announced and I'm hoping it's not something I'm in any way interested in.

#3883 2 years ago

How about a Zeppelin pin that only plays Communication Breakdown?

5 months later
#6002 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Instead of a big middle main board we will now have smaller boards with their own functions: an IO-Board, a LED IO board with separate LED boards, separate driver boards and some other small boards with their own specific tasks. This new system will make the new games even more reliable and it will be much easier to service and to replace a board that has a defect.

I really do hope that DP manage to start producing more machine, but I can't help but worry what the above means for owners of the ARA machines.

#6006 2 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

maybe way after things are rolling again could see if they would be willing to put together an electronics upgrade kit, for purchase, of people who want to be mainlined or something. There's nothing wrong with mine so I'd like to see them helpful everybody else before they come back around and see how to support the original 50 or so.

Don't get me wrong - I very much want to see everyone with money in on Lebowski receive a game, and I agree that this should be their absolute priority, I just can't help but be slightly concerned in the long run re support if they are abandoning the old design. If they do manage to ship all the other games then it would be good to see them address the issue of having two different hardware designs out there.

As an aside, there are still things wrong with my game. I'm planning on taking it to a pinball tech soon and leaving it with him so he has a chance to liaise with Barry and try to get everything working as the problems I have are beyond my skill set to resolve. Hopefully I'll have a fully working game by the end of the year!

2 months later
#6427 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Regardless of anything else, one cost / quality reduction they absolutely should implement, is the massively thick backglass IMO. It's ludicrously heavy, and likely extremely costly. I can't imagine that anyone will kick up too much of a fuss over its omission.

It also makes updating the software more challenging than other machines - it's a two person job!

#6462 2 years ago

Last week I dropped my Lebowski off with a pinball technician due to my ongoing issues with the bowling alley. With some help from Barry he was able to get everything working, and I collected it and brought it home yesterday. I got it home and for one game everything was working perfectly. Unfortunately during the second game all the solenoids died simultaneously during gameplay, and none worked during test. I raised the playfield and the red fuse LEDs for F01, F02, F03 and F08 weren’t lit, despite none of the fuses appearing to be gone. I tried removing and reseating all the connectors, thinking that something could have come loose in transport, but this only made things worse – now when I start the machine I get the ‘P3-ROC NOT FOUND PLEASE CHECK CONNECTION & POWER’ message on the LCD.

When I power on the machine the blue LEDs on the p-roc light up, so I assume that the power is ok, and all other connections seem solid. Has anyone had a similar issue? It’s frustrating - everything was finally working correctly for a brief moment, and now the machine won’t even boot!

#6466 2 years ago

P3-roc not found is a connection issue. USB on computer to p3roc USB. Try to disconnect/reconnect the USB cable

I've tried this a few times with no luck. It was working fine until I disconnected and reconnected the a couple of the power cables running to the main board on the playfield, but the fuse hasn't gone and the blue power LED still comes on. I'll check the USB cable again but I must have disconnected/reconnected it 3 or 4 times already.

#6467 2 years ago

I'm also occasionally getting a strange screen I haven't seen before when I boot the game - it disappears after 10-15 seconds or so and then resumes normal loading up until the PROC not found screen. Has anyone seen this before?

IMG_0037 (resized).jpg

#6469 2 years ago
Quoted from jabdoa:

That is just the normal bootloader. It will show this screen if you disrupted the previous boot. This works as expected.

Thanks, that's reassuring. The strange thing is it comes up maybe one in every five times I boot the machine now, despite the fact that I always turn the machine off at the PROC not found screen. Weird.

1 month later
#6532 1 year ago

Thanks for the link to the art collection book, just ordered one. As an aside, I finally have my game working 100%, and I’m absolutely loving it again. Can’t wait for the code update that was mentioned recently, and really hope that DP manage to deliver the rest of the machines - this game needs to be out there.

#6546 1 year ago

I would imagine these are mystery awards and the ratio is really low on these! If I recall TRON has an extra ball mystery around 1:150 with stock EB percentage. How do you get an extra ball, is it a mystery award?

Yup, at the moment Extra Ball is a very rare mystery award.

#6548 1 year ago

Thanks how do you get trophies? It appears nobody has gotten any or the audits aren't getting updated...

No idea - genex’s post with the audits is the first time I’ve heard of trophies in the game! Maybe it’s an achievement system that hasn’t been fully developed yet?

#6549 1 year ago
Quoted from genex:

I told Barry it should be earnable. We talked about maybe if you beat wave 2 of Nihilist Showdown you light EB to 'earn' it vs luck into it. He liked the idea but obviously with the other things DP is dealing with the code tweaks are not happening right now

That’s a really good idea. A couple of months ago DP said that a small code update was coming soon, maybe that’ll be included.

#6560 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Very nice work ... but are there already 8 TBL delivered, just the topper on the wall is a little boring

I think around 50 have been delivered.

#6582 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Here's to getting our TBL's in 2018!

I truly hope that those of you still waiting get your machines in 2018 - it does seem that DP are making progress so I’m feeling optimistic for you all. If everything goes to plan there should be many more Lebowski owners this time next year!

2 weeks later
#6593 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

They have now announced in last NSN their German distributor and this is not the last European distributor. Hint: see on whose booth they are next week at EAG

Pinball Heaven, who are by far the best distributor in the UK, posted this on their Facebook page towards the end of December...

PH DP (resized).jpg

1 month later
#6749 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Bought my TBL at top of the market. If it were for my IRA, it would be a bad buy, in all likelihood. But I bought it to play. And I play it daily. If I lose $5k on it in a few years, I have to say the buy was a good one.

I actually posted in your thread a week or so later to ask what your thoughts are on the game. I've had mine since May 16, but had a number of problems and I only got the game fully working in December. Absolutely loving it now everything is working correctly.

I do have one small issue though - occasionally all the switches stop registering during gameplay. Happens maybe one game out of twenty - the flippers etc still work, but no switches register, even when the ball drains, and it never enters ball search. I have to reboot the machine when it happens. As it's so infrequent and seems to happen at random I assume it's software, but if so I imagine other owners would have had the same problem. Has this happened to anyone else?

#6751 1 year ago

I've installed the P-ROC kit too, so I don't think its related to that. The fact that it doesn't enter ball search leads me to believe it's not hardware related but you never know..

#6756 1 year ago
Quoted from genex:

Mine has been on location for over a year now and it has been holding up pretty well for the most part. Flippers have been rebuilt and I think the main issues are some broken plastics, lots of wear, and the rug sticker thing that's on the roller is now busted open so I need a new rug
I have some audits but need to check them again. I think it's the most played one as i know there were more plays than the one in the Netherlands that's been on location longer. My operator is tops though and has fixed most of the little things and keeps it running well.

I'd be really interested in the audits and some photos of the machine if you ever have the chance. As an aside, I can't find the audit for games played on my machine - assume it must be there somewhere?

1 month later
#6866 1 year ago

Really glad to see progress towards the rest of you getting your games! Really hope it goes smoothly from here on out.

1 month later
#7184 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

It’s bad news for those who already have their games as well! no parts availability, no code updates and no support. This could turn the existing games into paper weights if something breaks.

It really is bad for everyone involved, including the lucky few of us to have received the machine. I’m honestly not interested in owning a rare game - I bought Lebowski for the love of the theme, and would much prefer that everyone else receives their game than end up with a theoretically valuable object which I have no intention of selling.

Personally, I’m less worried about spare parts / code updates / support than my fellow achievers being made whole to some degree. I really hope DP manage to somehow salvage the situation.

#7262 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

I've often wondered if the bowling mech could be replaced by software (think Wii Bowling), to reduce the cost of the machine.

I have the machine and whilst the bowling alley is a very cool toy, it really doesn’t add much to the gameplay.

With the current code there’s only two types of challenge - knock all ten pins down over two balls, or hit a roaming pin. It’s a fun gimmick, especially the first few times, but the game would be just as good without it.

1 month later
#7834 1 year ago

Deadroot mention Dutch Pinball a few times in the new interview on This Week in Pinball. Not sure quite what to make of deeproot at this point, but worth a read.

https://thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-update-plus-interview-new-hire-new-building-new-creative-studio-new-licenses-and-help-offered-to-those-who-lost-money-on-pre-orders-from-other-companies/

1 year later
#9521 4 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I think folks should play this game again, back when it came out it was interesting but now with so many other games out there it hasn’t aged so well!

I think that’s mainly due to the software which apparently is going to be updated if you believe what DP have recently said.

The machine itself is still very impressive and the light show, particularly in attract mode, is amongst the best out there.

Edit: The software isn’t bad, it’s just not as interesting / layered as many modern games. Its very much like a B/W game as far as modes, progression etc.

#9661 4 months ago

I'm intrigued by the software. The last version I saw was 0.43, so it will be interesting what changes were made to get the Made in China prototype to work. Then would this version be 100% compatible with the games made in 2016? At a bare minimum I would request version 0.43 software download as a backup in case the version updated on the 40 games has any incompatibilities.
Here is the only video I was able to find running version 0.43. Do any owners have a more recent version?

Haha that's actually my video! Made that not long after getting the game for the people waiting to receive theirs. There have been a few updates since then - I've kept all the code so I have versions 0.42, 0.43, 0.44, 0.45 and 0.48 if anyone needs them. Just checked my emails from DP and 0.46 and 0.47 weren't released publicly, just to a few beta testers. Apparently slightly updated software is going to be released soon...

Here's the complete changelog that I've pieced together from various emails:

Version 0.42 (27-05-2016)

Bugfixes:
- Hard disk space check was not checking the correct partition.

Version 0.43 (27-05-2016)

Rules:
- Implemented Rug Modes rules, music & intro lightshows.
- Rug & Bowling skillshots now lite those respective modes (if not lit yet).
- "Mark It Zero" movie scene can now be skipped.
- Added possibility to cancel starting "Character Multiball" with the launch
button, so it's safer to collect "Mark It Zero" and "Let's Go Bowling".
- Multiball jackpot value now is increased with each jackpot.
- Light Lock targets are now blocked while Lock is lit (in other words lit
locks can't be stacked).
- During multiball, "Let's Go Bowling" can't be progressed towards anymore.
- If 0 points are scored the ball is always saved (except when tilted).
- Added setting "Adjustment Menu -> Rules -> White Russian Targets" with
options "Precise", "Forgiving" and "Always add ingredient". Defaults to
"Forgiving" which spots a neighbour target if the actual hit target is lit.
- Added 2 settings under "Adjustment Menu -> Rules -> Ball Saver" for normal
ball saver and multiball ball saver durations.

Assets:
- Updated rug mode intros and outros.
- Added Multiball jackpot animations.
- Added "Character mode ready" animation when spelling the last letter.
- Added knocker sound to Match sequence.
- Updated some switch & icon sounds.
- Updated coloring of in-game fonts, service mode & miscellaneous.

Improvements:
- A new game can now be started during the Match sequence.
- Shots with multiple purposes now only show the most relevant visual.
- Repeated incidental icons (top right) will now re-use the previous icon so
the screen doesn't get spammed with the same icon.
- Reduced Bowling pins default pulse time & setting range.
- The launch button can now also be used in profile screens in addition to
the start button. Also added more button sounds to these screens.
- Added Switch Checklist test.

Bugfixes:
- Ballsaver would sometimes serve multiple balls.
- Rug would move all the way back at start of ball without cause.
- A new music track would be started in between "Let's Go Bowling" and
"Character Multiball" start.
- Rug mode arrows would be visible during multiball play.
- Rug wouldn't always move forward when Multiball was started.
- Various scoop & saucer lights would show lit modes that couldn't be
started during multiball play.
- Match sequence music wasn't very audible; now the Game Over music starts
after the Match sequence.
- Scores could be displayed duplicated from other players during highscore
screens and match sequence.
- Nihilist Showdown not showing the correct wave total score.
- The jackpot queue of "Character Multiball" would continue after draining.
- Switched right inlane & outlane switch addresses to match correct wiring.

...and many more tweaks & improvements.

Version 0.44 (June 6th 2016)

Rules:
- Hitting the rug during rug modes adds 10 seconds to the mode's timer (except
for the "Where's the Money" mode where the rug is the main shot).
- Regular Multiball can no longer be progressed towards or started during
Character Multiball - this proved too confusing and wasn't worthwhile.
- Adjusted bummer bonus to 6.900 (down from 69.000).

Assets:
- New Bonus countdown background & text movement.
- Updated Bowling pins visualization.

Improvements:
- Left ramp diverter stays down shorter to prevent the coil from warming up.
- During attract mode the flipper buttons now trigger random quotes.
- The "Match" and "Female Form" music tracks are a bit louder now.

Bugfixes:
- After tilting, the rug would not detect hits for the rest of the game.
- Simultaneous Rug Mode & Lock shot now discards the Rug Mode shot animation.
- Bonus countdown wouldn't always have the correct length of background music.

Version 0.45 - August 5th 2016

Rules:
- Added "Roaming Pin" challenge to "Let's Go Bowling".
- "Character Multiball" can no longer be canceled if it's the only thing lit
at the saucer.

Improvements:
- When stopping the game with the start button, the ball now remains in the
shooter lane for 10 seconds to make starting a new game much quicker.
- Mystery animations can now be sped up by pressing both flipper buttons.
- Improved bowling alley ball accuracy (which pins are being hit directly).
- Car and bowling stepper motors now can compensate for EOS switch failure.
- Reduced the delay/stutter when entering the attract mode from the game or
after the match sequence.

Service menu:
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> Live -> Live serial number" menu item.
Instructions and Live serials will be distributed soon via e-mail.
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> Pricing / Awards -> Match percentage" menu item,
with a default of 8% (was fixed at 10% previously).
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> Pricing / Awards -> Highscore awards" with 5
settings for Grand Champion and Highscore 1 to 4. When a player now gets a
highscore and saves it (selects profile), he will be awarded the specified
amount of credits.
- Added "Software Menu -> Current version -> Factory Reset" menu item, which
performs a factory reset for the current version, resetting all settings,
audits, highscores & profiles.
- Changed slingshots coil strength range and factory default to match the
new solenoids (machine owners with 23-800 slingshot solenoids will receive
26-1200 replacements). After updating to 0.45 and installing the 26-1200's
(if necessary) you should set both the "Adjustment Menu -> Coil Strengths ->
Slingshot Left/Right" settings to 25ms (new factory default).

Bugfixes:
- Fixed a special case were the rug would become unresponsive to hits.
- "The Dude Abides" goal inserts would not carry over to the next ball.
- "Adjustment Menu -> Coil Strengths" settings would only apply from the time
they were changed till the machine was shut down. The settings for Slingshot
and Jets didn't have any effect. This is now fixed, for this reason all coil
strength settings are reset to their factory default.
- Ballsearch:
* Is now prevented from starting when a ball is cradled.
* Is now disabled during "Mark It Zero" movie clips.
* Now also listens to the mini playfield ramp.
- The "Right Ramp Made" switch was erroneously called "Right Ramp Enter".
- Renamed the "MPF Habitrail" switch to "MPF Exit".

Version 0.46 - December 28th 2016

Rules:
- Added three car modes:
* "Kill The Dude's Car": hit the car 8 times before the ball is over.
* "Car Chase": race Dafino by shooting the mini playfield ramp. If you hit
The Dude's car that will delay him. The chase is paused when the ball
leaves the mini playfield.
* "Car Impound": hit the car 4 times before the ball is over. The upper
flipper disables after every hit.
- Each character's jackpot value (base 100,000) is increased by 25,000 when a
character's shot is made when the name is already spelled.
- Character Multiball now has white arrows on the character shots that are
not active. These increase the corresponding character jackpot value.
- Multiball jackpot rounds now consist of the major shots on the main pf,
with super jackpots alternating between left ramp lock and mini pf ramp.
- Multiball now has white arrows on non-jackpot shots. These increase the base
jackpot value by 25,000.
- White Russians can now be "stacked". Meaning that when selecting a currently
lit WR, an additional WR (4 sips) will be added. The multiplier for the
second WR is 3X, the third 4X, etc.
- Lighting Rug Modes now starts easier (3 hits) and gets progressively harder
after every 2 rug modes (4 hits, 5 hits etc.). Both are settings.
- After lighting "Let's Go Bowling" you can't spell BOWLING anymore before you
have played "Let's Go Bowling".
- Starting a Rug Mode now contributes to the bonus.

Improvements:
- After spelling a character's name, the letters now stay solidly lit.
- Character Multiball intro lightshows added.
- Character Multiball improved shot indications.
- Added a visual countup effect to the current player's score.
- Lane skillshot can now be lane-changed before the ball is launched.
- Start button:
* the special function popup now takes longer to show up. This fixes the
issue that only a really short button press would start game / add player.
* solved retrigger issue were after removing a player / stopping the game
a start button action would occur when releasing the start button.
* the start button functionality now only works in freeplay.
- During attract mode lightshows all RGB LEDs now cycle colors.
- Bowling Alley stepper motor now reacts quicker to its EOS switches,
preventing it from stuttering on either end.
- Kickback/Trampoline animation now uses shot from the movie as background.

Service menu:
- Added "Install Presets" menu with difficulty presets for all the rules
related settings.
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> TBL Rules -> Light Lock Difficulty".
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> TBL Rules -> Timers -> Skillshot length".
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> TBL Rules -> Timers -> ZERO countdown length".
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> TBL Rules -> Nihilists" with 2 settings for the
1st Nihilist Showdown targets hits & the increase for subsequent showdowns.
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> TBL Rules -> Rug Modes" with 2 settings for the
1st Rug Mode hits & the increase for subsequent rug modes.
- Added "Adjustment Menu -> TBL Rules -> Bowling -> Subsequent LGB pre-lit
letters decrease".
- If you experienced a delay when entering the service menu this was likely
caused by the player profiles menu being repopulated every time. Now the
player profiles only get loaded when this item is selected.
- Stepper motor test modes now match the in game speeds of these motors.

Bugfixes:
- Fixed music and GI being off initially after tilting the previous ball.
- Skillshot award animation would sometimes be cutoff.
- The default lanes skillshot would not correctly stop in case the ball never
entered a rollover, sometimes resulting in a skillshot animation at the
start of the next ball.
- If an Extra Ball was earned through Mystery and simultaneously Nihilist
Showdown was started at the scoop; the Extra Ball would not be lit and
could theoretically carry over to the next ball/player/game.
- Fixed Ball Saved animation + sound being triggered in a rapid fashion
causing a loud sound and weird visual effect.
- When a Bowling Challenge was completed, the wrong ball icon would show.
- Improved USB updating to properly handle update files that accidentally
contain copy suffixes like "(1)" or " - Copy".
- Player Profile editing would crash if there were less than 3 initials.
- USB & Internet update code now correctly calculates required free disk
space for delta updates.

Version 0.47 - January 19th 2017

Rules:
- Increased spinner scoring from 1,000 to 5,000 and it can now be multiplied
by the white russian (every spinner "rip" counts as one white russian sip,
so you can rip the spinner 4 times with all spins multiplied).
- Spinner scoring / progress towards mystery is disabled during mb play.

Improvements:
- Spinner hits are now visualized with an icon and show progress towards
liting Mystery.
- In "Let's Go Bowling" the launch button can now be pressed after 0.25 second
after the bowling ball launcher starts moving, this used to be 1 second.
- During "Where's The Money?" the rug will now move a little when hit.

Bugfixes:
- Ball gates not disabling when ball drains within two seconds of activation.
- Shooting the right ramp and then immediately the MPF ramp will no longer
spot a second Walter letter.
- Tilt bob now doesn't register as long as the player hasn't scored any points
that ball. This prevents tilting through to the next ball.
- Car Mode "Car Impound" would show previous car hit animations if those were
cut off after an earlier hit by the ball draining the MPF quickly.
- Starting Nihilist Showdown while a Car Mode was running would confuse the car
logic after Nihilist Showdown.
- Tilting during Car Mode selection would skip the next Car Mode selection.
- Fixed car repeatedly trying to close with a bouncing motion.
- Fixed car going inside at the start or during a car mode.
- Fixed music and GI being off initially after tilting the previous ball during
Multiball.
- If Nihilist Showdown was ended right after hitting the wave's last nihilist,
the mode would sort of keep running.
- Fixed various LEDs coming on when pressing the flipper buttons during Bowling
Challenge or Car Mode selection.
- Fixed some arrows (like lock) being visible during Rug Mode intros.
- The individual Character Jackpot values would not correctly carry over to the
next ball.
- Maude jackpot increase for each rollover is lowered to 10,000 to balance out
the fact that multiple rollovers are activated for each Maude shot.
- Fixed lit scoop awards being awarded when a Rug Mode was started and the intro
skipped.
- Fixed Rug hit indication arrow not working after playing "Where's The Money?".

Version 0.48 - January 27th 2017

Improvements:
- Made "Car Mode Completed" message more consistent (and informative) with
"Rug Mode Completed" message by adding the award value to it.

Bugfixes:
- "P-ROC NOT FOUND" error message did not show up since version 0.46, that's
fixed now and the message is corrected to read "P3-ROC NOT FOUND".
- Fixed Rug Mode music starting too loud.
- Fixed erroneous car hit registration at the start of a Car Mode.

Known issues:
We have not been able to consistently reproduce these issues, please report
all memorable circumstances to us that might help solve these issues:
Issue 0.48.1: Sometimes the background music stops in the middle of a ball
until the next mode, multiball or ball.
Issue 0.48.2: Sometimes when the ball enters the shooter lane for a new ball,
a skillshot award will already be awarded or at least displayed.

#9663 4 months ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

How many balls does TBL use?

Five in the game, and one in the bowling alley toy.

#9690 4 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

In case anyone is interested, on one of the Facebook pinball groups someone listed a NIB TBL for $13k. Selling on behalf of a private collector who wants to remain nameless. Is this game really worth that kind of money or is it more of a status thing? I've never played one.

Ok - I got in early on the pre-order and was lucky enough to receive one of the original run in May 2016 before DP got into trouble. In all honesty, no, the game itself is not worth $12.5k or $13k - it's commanding that price (and some have sold for quite a bit more) due to the limited run, perceived rarity, the theme and the assumption that no more will be made.

The machine itself is really quite impressive - the build quality as far as the cabinet etc is concerned is great, but I do have concerns re the long term viability of the custom parts and boards. It's a regular size cabinet but feels as heavy as a widebody - it feels well built and solid. I have Early Achiever Edition #8, and I did have quite a lot of problems with the machine at first... I think it took me around a year of on and off trouble shooting to get it playing 100%, but since then it has been reliable. It looks amazing, and all my non-pinhead friends are immediately drawn to it. The light show in attract mode is incredible. As something to look at instead of play, it's stunning.

I really like the layout of the machine, but it isn't exactly revolutionary. The toys really are great- the bowling alley is the obvious highlight, but I also love how the rug toy unrolls as you hit it, and the dudes car that comes out of the bowling alley on the upper playfield is fun too. The ramps are great to shoot - the lock on the left ramp is almost as satisfying as the damsel shot on MM, and the right ramp that curves up to the upper playfield is a great shot and much easier to make than I originally thought it would be. The whole layout flows pretty well.

The reason I got in on the pre-order so early is that Lebowski always was my ultimate dream theme - I used to say that if I won the lottery I'd commission someone to make me a Lebowski pin. Fortunately, the theme integration is incredible, the call outs are amazing, the music is as good as it could be given that the original tracks weren't licenced, and I LOVE the display. I still think it's the best size LCD in any machine.

The game itself though is good, not great. It feels a bit shallow when you compare it to most modern games - it's very much like a modern B/W machine as far as rules, mode progression and strategy are concerned. It's fun, sure, but there really aren't many ways to play it. I enjoy it and do play it quite often, but not as much as some of my other games. I recently picked up a JJP POTC LE and I would say that anyone who chooses to spend $12.5k on Lebowski over $9k on POTC LE on gameplay alone is insane.

I don't plan on ever selling mine - I got it for a very low price compared to what modern games now cost, and I didn't buy it to speculate. I'd also feel bad about making a large profit on the machine when so many others who pre-ordered are still waiting for one, and I just happened to get lucky. The whole Early Achiever journey was a rollercoaster, and I guess I have something of a sentimental attachment to the game because of the whole experience.

If I hadn't pre-ordered and could pick up a machine now for $12.5k I may have gone for it, but only because of my love for the movie. If it was just another pin, then I wouldn't consider it for a second.

Edit: Holy shit, $30k?! No, not worth it at all. Also, massive dick move by the seller as far as I'm concerned.

Edit 2: I said I have the machine playing 100% - not quite true. I still have an issue with the car on the upper playfield when it closes back into the bowling alley, it sometimes kind of keeps trying to close for a bit even when it's fully back in it's original position, flapping back and forwards. No idea how to resolve that one.

Edit 3: Last one. I should have mentioned that the flippers feel a little weird compared to other games. I've got used to it, but it definitely doesn't feel like any other machine I've played. For example, doing a post pass from a cradle is much more difficult. I think someone said that it was due to the lack of EOS switches.

#9693 4 months ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I think it was a typo and he meant to type private investor. It's probably the seller anyway and he doesn't want to reveal himself as a greedy money grabbing @#*%

Couldn't agree more. No wonder they don't want to reveal their identity.

#9696 4 months ago

Great review of the game JustLikeMe Makes me hope even more that all crap sorts itself out and I end up with this in my living room!!
By the way, is your name from the 'I saw a monkey' joke?

Cheers, appreciate it. I hope you do too, but if you ever end up in London and fancy a few games drop me a message!

The name isn't from the joke, no. I was registering for something ages back and I kept putting in names that were taken, and I ended up thinking that it was just like me to keep choosing taken names, so I put that in and here we are.

#9697 4 months ago

If anyone is interested in the rules, Bowen's Papa tutorial is the best video of the machine I've seen.

#9715 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Let's be realistic here. Many of these machines are going to be flipped before they even land or shortly after. Is Cointaker supposed to screen all of their customers and make them take a loyalty oath? How do you know the next in line as you suggest wouldn't do the same. How long will new buyers be allowed to keep the game before they can sell it?
No retailer or business would do something like this and that's an unfair burden to ask of Cointaker.
If you go the Pinside Market Place you will find 2 or 3 WTB ads that sprang up immediately after this announcement. I assume they are still there. Are they considered a part of the problem?
And don't kid yourselves, we live in a dog eat dog world and all of these machine being quickly sold out and now being flipped was completely predictable.
My heart breaks for the EA's and that's why I'm hopeful Dutch Pinball's long shot plan works. Whats most important here is that the EA's get restitution in the end and not how others are profiting.

I agree - Cointaker aren’t at fault here. DP chose to sell them the games instead of offering the EA’s a chance at the new price, which I think reflects poorly on them even if most wouldn’t have gone for it.

I also don’t think that those who bought the games to unbox and play are at fault either. The people who are buying the games just to immediately flip for profit without even opening the box are the absolute worst though. Fuck those guys.

Edit: I do think the games were underpriced though. I’m sure they would have sold at $15k+, which would have increased the chances of the EAs getting their games as the outstanding debt to ARA would have been paid off quicker, and it may have made those looking to buy and flip think twice.

#9716 4 months ago

I was thinking about this last night, and if I was DP this is how I would have handled the 40 games.

1. Offer them at $12.5k to the existing EA’s by order number. For each of the first 40 who pass the next in line gets offered the game until all have either bought or passed. Neither option would have any effect on them receiving their previously paid for game down the line if DP make it that far.

2. Sell the remaining units not bought by EAs via a silent auction with a reserve of $12.5k. People who didn’t pre-order would have 24 hours to submit their bids to Cointaker. Let’s say only 10 units were bought by EAs - then the highest 30 bids received by Cointaker would get a machine at the price they bid.

This would have been fairer to the EAs, generated the most cash possible from the non-EAs who bought via Cointaker, and may have dissuaded people looking to make a quick buck by buying and flipping.

It would also have given the EAs a chance to guarantee themselves a machine, albeit at a much higher total cost but probably less than they will be selling for NIB on the secondary market, or allow them - the people who deserve some financial reconstitution - the chance to flip and recoup some of their original investment.

The more I think about the way it was handled the less I like it.

#9721 4 months ago

Your idea is great if time wasn't an issue... but I think the reason they were rushed out of the door was heavily time pressure related... it would have been perfect to do it as you suggested though!

It could have been done in 48 hours - 24 hours for the EAs to respond then 24 hours for the silent auction. I really don’t think that sort of delay would have had a material impact on the situation.

#9724 4 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

So EA's should have had first crack at buying their own game twice? Makes sense on paper but if you're DP and scrambling to get out of debt you know it's easier to sell a game to a newbie for 12.5k than to expect an EA to pay a total outlay of 21k.
Think about how badly that would have gone over - "As thanks for being our original investors you have to pay way more to get a game than randos!"

I don’t think it would have gone over any worse than the current situation - at least it would have given them the choice to secure a game. We all know that those 40 games could be resold NIB for more than $12.5k, so why not give the EAs the opportunity to buy and then flip to help recoup some of the original investment if they wanted to? The message now is “Thanks for being our original investors. You’ve helped 40 other people buy something you’ve already paid for, and at less than market value. Now sit back and watch the opportunists amongst them make a profit”.

Alternatively, it would get them a game now and if the plan works out they could sell their original game down the line. I don’t know how many would have gone for it, all I’m saying is that they should have been given first refusal. If no more are made in the future then I imagine they’ll hold their value at around $20k - just look at BBB. There are close to 200 of those compared with approx 80 TBL.

Quoted from benheck:

Seems DP underestimated costs at a catastrophic level. If they have to sell 140 games twice to even have the money to fulfill original orders that's really, really bad. Like they were off by double bad. That wouldn't even be acceptable in government

Can’t argue with you there. What a disaster.

1 week later
#10104 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

That being said, I'm hoping the EAs were contacted first and allowed to get first dibs to buy in at 12.5k. If not that would be really dick.

This didn’t happen. I posted similar thoughts re how the process should have been handled earlier in the thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/195#post-5130330

Not everyone agreed but I still think this would have been the best way forwards.

#10148 3 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Hope everyone has learned on this.

Agreed. I was lucky and got my game, but I’ll never get involved in a pre-order again.

Unless someone makes a Wayne’s World or Parks and Recreation machine. I’d probably roll the dice on those two out of pure stupidity. Fortunately unlikely to ever happen!

#10155 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Link to code update[quoted image]

Cheers Dave, but that’s still version 0.48 which has been out since Jan 2017. Apparently more recent software should be coming out soon?

2 weeks later
#10577 3 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

But TBL was already developed, DP had 2 working prototypes before they ever took a dime of EA money.

Just one quick note - this isn’t accurate. I ordered the game and paid my first deposit in December 2013, and the first prototypes weren’t revealed until September 2014.

In fact, it sounds like they only started constructing the first prototype in March 2014 - that’s when I received an email stating:

‘You want a playfield?

I can get you a playfield. We are very happy to report that we've begun prototyping. The laser cutter has begun work on the tentative playfield design today, and we thought it would be a good time to share it.

The 3D printers are also busy producing the prototypes for the toys, the entry to the elevated playfield is being formed, and very soon, the guys will be putting it all together.’

The email included the below pic. Crazy this was so long ago.

C03387C7-5AE2-4853-8F6A-7331DE066FEC (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#11077 51 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can you confirm if the wizard or any wizard mode is in? I think it's not (the dude whatever) is that true?

No wizard mode in the most recent code, no.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
€ 3.70
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 149.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 14.95
Various Novelties
Allteksystems
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider justlikeme.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.