(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,080 posts
  • 611 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by dts
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 936 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Cash Machine (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
248E6180-C5FC-42E0-BFDD-3AF29E6979FF (resized).jpeg
6868685D-D473-48C3-A316-0C505EAE7797 (resized).jpeg
27DE3EF0-6251-4D0A-A589-75AEE0E66D81 (resized).jpeg
869AF936-E13C-4A94-BB35-774886977DCF (resized).jpeg
630402B2-B1CB-4066-AEE0-236A564FB65A (resized).jpeg
E4DFF554-5673-4DDA-B93E-88AC92ADF543 (resized).jpeg
1C08CB09-1027-48C0-86AE-5A3093262C3F (resized).jpeg
EA6D8509-4CEA-4D91-AC18-E7244C457EC4 (resized).jpeg
F6DD9947-56E6-41B7-A6F6-AB8DC98D5D95 (resized).jpeg
5DA182BF-9053-4FAF-B3D9-6D112C43844E (resized).jpeg
laugh_o_meter (resized).jpg
themoreuknow.gif
9e8da9619349be7d54dade0f048bd57b (resized).jpg
C03387C7-5AE2-4853-8F6A-7331DE066FEC (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (2 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (2 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (2 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (2 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (2 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (2 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (2 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (2 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #3650 Report from a dinner with Barry of Dutch Pinball. Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #3951 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #4259 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #5004 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #5229 DP update about an alternative manufacturer Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #5461 Details on June 19th DP Livestream Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #6420 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by KoenHeltzel (1 year ago)

Post #6684 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Concretehardt (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider justeverett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10463 48 days ago
Quoted from dts:

This sounds like a stretch. Who would make a financial decision to ship $1.75M in games for $140,000, before even making a profit?! Sounds like a terrible investment! I seriously doubt anyone that is rich enough to do so would be rich in the first place with business decisions like that! Anyhow, Barry didn’t want to sell his company. It’s his baby and now completely falls on him. I hope he is successful, and if that devalues TBLs currently out there, that’s not a bad thing. I’d love to see another successful pinball company.

I can't imagine anyone would want to buy a company with very little IP and legal issues. I agree it makes no sense that anyone would offer to buy DP and then make the EAs whole in this way. Also, is the TBL licensing even transferrable? I've been thinking for a long time that DP would be much better off to partner with American or CGC to have them manufacture. To me that's the only thing that makes TBL viable.

After all that's happened with the EAs, I can't imagine there will be many people willing to give DP/Cointaker much of a deposit.

#10464 48 days ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

So I am guessing Cointaker already has a list going for these hypothetical next set 400-500 of games. Does anyone know how long that list currently is? What sort of deposit (if any) is required?

I asked to have my name added to the list. I was told, "Ok you're on the list", but nothing more. I sent a follow up email asking what kind of deposit is required and what number I'm at on the list, and I have yet to hear back. Doesn't bode well in my opinion.

#10479 48 days ago

Man...listening to this interview while working. Barry just comes off as someone who is the eternal optimist. To the point of being delusional. I think he truly believes he's going to make 500 TBLs, but I'm feeling less and less like it will ever happen. I really wish this weren't the case, as I've been holding out hope for this pin for a long time. But it just seems less and less likely imo.

#10528 47 days ago
Quoted from Time:

Did Melissa say what the import fee costs were? I was under the impression there was no duty on importing pinball machines from Europe.

In my emails with Melissa, she didn't say anything about tariffs. But a lot has changed on that front in the last year. She did say $12,500 is the price, and we will know more in 4-6 weeks. They aren't taking deposits and will offer games in the order the names came in.

I think what's more concerning is that it doesn't sound like Barry has given them any plan of how he is assigning numbers between Nitro in Canada and CT in the US, or how he's actually going to get the games built. We are all just stuck waiting to see if he can actually get games built.

#10539 47 days ago

People jumping on CT makes no sense at this point. Clearly they are just trying to make the best of a very messy situation. At least they are here letting people know what is going on.

#10693 41 days ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

If Barry truly has an investor now. Why not make all the EA games now and make them whole. Prove to the pinball community that he is a man of his word, Then start selling more games at a profit. Or is the investor not real?

I can't see how anyone would invest in DP. Why would an investor put their money in a company that only has really one promising design with a license soon to expire, clear cost overrun issues on the product they produce, and fresh off a long legal dispute. It just makes no sense.

#10699 41 days ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

To all those banging on the 'we want to know the details of the schedule' drum, imagine this...
Barry, with his knowledge of what parts he has and how much each part will cost when that part runs out based on ordering a specific quantity, can calculate the number of games needed to make the first EA game, then how many to make the 2nd, then the 3rd, etc etc... he could produce a chart with a curve of EA games produced vs time... spending hours trying to factor in all the ins and outs... even calculating an accuracy tolerance based on uncertainties of the cost of parts he hasn't got quotes for yet because he already has 100 of that specific part, he could go out to vendors and get quotes for all those parts now and then create a more accurate chart...
a) the chart would very likely be inaccurate due to a ridiculous number of unforseen factors, like parts arriving off spec etc etc, so that at week 32, if he hasn't bashed out the predicted 37 EA games he going to be inundated with a string of abusive mail's calling him a liar again, and:
b) wouldn't that time be better spent building games and simply getting on with what's important to get this fixed!?!
Wasting all that time is counterproductive and reducing the chance of him pulling this off with a benefit that is, quite frankly, worthless.
Build the games Barry!
As an EA I'd prefer him to focus his time and energy on this rather than showing the world some half baked schedule... I'm guessing people wanting to see this aren't EAs and therefore don't care if he wastes his time on these things..

The problem seems to be that DP just charges forward without trying to account for all these unforseen factors. No, building a pinball machine will ever go completely to plan, but I would think it would be prudent to plan all these factors out before beginning production. Otherwise it just seems like a leap of blind faith. That will lead to the unforseen factors ending production and no hope for anyone.

#10700 41 days ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wait, what? You lost me here!

I think he's saying just build the games without planning. Doesn't seem like a successful strategy to building a pinball.

#10781 37 days ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

To be honest I'm sure there are bigger fans than me, but they're just not as vocal on these pages... I'm also no relative of Barry if that's what you were suggesting...

I keep thinking you must be Barry given your level of optimism.

#10832 34 days ago
Quoted from dts:Deleted post

As altruistic as your recommendation appears, it is difficult for me to understand how you insist someone is taking advantage by not sharing the losses with the EA. The responsibility of those losses rests solely with the EAs (and Dutch too, but prepaying is always a risk). They took a risk and lost a lot. You can't expect someone who is selling at current market value to essentially share the loss with the EAs. How is that altruistic to ask of someone trying to support a family member with medical issues?

#10884 32 days ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Just a suggestion, if the money is going for a good cause, why not raffle it off? Sell 250 tickets for $100 each. No one can complain about that and you could get more money for those in need. Heck, I bet you could easily sell more than 250 tickets. 350 or 400 tickets. Why not 500 tickets? I am being serious. I think it would be a better idea and more likely to succeed. If it was me, that is what I would do.
Hoping things work out for you and those in need.
Edit: I would buy a ticket! Maybe two!!

^^^this...I'd buy a couple tickets!

2 weeks later
#10993 15 days ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I dont think coin taker is releasing this info but you could call/email them and ask.
I'm near the front so hoping they keep building them.

I emailed to ask where I was at in the list, but never heard back. I don't think it's something they want to share. It seems to be a massive longshot that I'll ever have my ticket called on this one, but it's worth a shot! I'm very glad to see some games going out.

#10996 15 days ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Seems strange they won’t share where people’s spots are on the list. What is the motivation? More secrecy is not what this quagmire needs.
You all recall on Kaneda when he spoke to the big Lebowski flipper, he was a late add to the list and snagged one of the 40 due to others backing out in front of him.

Not sure why they wouldn't either. Maybe it's a long list and they know there's no way I'll have a shot unless a lot of people back out. I think people backing out is likely one reason they won't share a spot. I can see a lot backing out when the time comes to pay up $12.5K.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 3.70
$ 21.00
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
€ 197.00
Displays
PINBALLSP
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 209.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider justeverett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside