(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,295 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 minutes ago by whitey
  • Topic is favorited by 190 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 956 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191130_125027 (resized).jpg
20191130_125125 (resized).jpg
bowlrama (resized).JPG
20191130_012219 (resized).jpg
20191130_011910 (resized).jpg
20191129_234534 (resized).jpg
20191129_221023 (resized).jpg
20191128_202953 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
20191127_171032 (resized).jpg
20191127_171220 (resized).jpg
9cc4cb90-f036-4006-9a76-b400d26db49c (resized).jpg
176a29fb-23ae-452e-84c4-6a305e4719e0 (resized).jpg
900d99f3-ef56-4cb8-ab5d-c0e243b334f3 (resized).jpg
ad865202-df75-41f8-9dcc-44e5834e9697 (resized).jpg
b97fb356-7620-417b-a6f5-bb629f1c8f26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (3 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (3 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (3 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (3 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (2 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (2 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (2 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (2 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #3650 Report from a dinner with Barry of Dutch Pinball. Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #3951 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #4259 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #5004 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #5229 DP update about an alternative manufacturer Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #5461 Details on June 19th DP Livestream Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #6420 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by KoenHeltzel (2 years ago)

Post #6684 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Concretehardt (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

with the upcoming Laseriffic topper (please)? You know ... just for comparison sake!

Any truth to this?

2 months later
#158 4 years ago

Everyone wants more, faster and better updates but I'm hoping for a quality product and that takes time. Fingers crossed.

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

What is more important to DP: Getting a game made on schedule or making sure the game is reliable and with complete code? (one that came to my mind).

I would skip that one. If they answered either way would hurt sales/reputation so why would they even address that?

3 months later
#467 4 years ago

I hope we get to see #1 boxed up and ready to ship, that would be cool.

1 month later
#538 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If they manage to succeed I'll buy one when it's cash & carry.

You and a bunch of others. A very big reason for DP to say the heck with quality and rush it out the door. I'm happy that's not the case from what we can gather.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#690 4 years ago

And we have some incredibly talented Pinsiders here who can figure out anything. Great news.

#714 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

cool before/after pix !!

Making a pinball machine is hard, any questions now?

#745 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

You can definitely get your $$$ back.

I can't see this being like WOZ where they have enough spare inventory to sell. The theme sells itself so even if a preorder person gets out there enough buyers waiting when it's ready to roll out. But only when shipping would those buyers want in.

2 weeks later
#776 4 years ago

Maybe 5 is all they had time for prior to the expo.

2 weeks later
#816 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I guess I'm both wrong and an asshole

Or your post triggered a great response!

#861 4 years ago

It has to be the original source since DP would never have a way to get it back either I guess. Not the best situation but it was a big mess. I just hope it gets sorted out correctly.

#863 4 years ago

Contact Cointaker

Melissa Marquette

Email: LED@CoinTaker.com

1 week later
#905 4 years ago

Since we have time check this out. I got this today marked down from it's previous price:

amazon.com link »

#932 4 years ago

Nothing based on past efforts should prevent anything for home use. Its only going to drive up future sales.

3 months later
#1192 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern doesn't take fully paid pre orders years in advance. Just sayin
Hope you guys are unboxing soon. That's all that really matters

Stupid comparison, Stern isn't a startup company.

1 week later
#1213 3 years ago

Got April Fools out of the way so next news should be what we've been waiting for.

1 week later
#1231 3 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

...but in the meantime, I take comfort in these numbers....

tbles5apr8_(resized).JPG

Ouch, the numbers haven't changed since you posted 5 days ago. Wonder why?

1 month later
#1662 3 years ago

Making progress, great update.

#1674 3 years ago

counting cabinets/boxes from the photos looks like 37+ on top of what's already shipped? Will be nice to see enough cabs lined up that could include your number at some point.

4 weeks later
#1723 3 years ago

About a month or less away from the dreaded August mandatory vacation. Wonder if they will get to 50 shipped before then?

2 weeks later
#1851 3 years ago

Well the only good thing for the high number people is that hurricane season ends in the Atlantic in November!

#1883 3 years ago

How come the vessel update still shows 7/28? I thought we could track it more frequently?

#1926 3 years ago

Looks like the ship is leaving NY. Hope the pins are safely on land.

#1971 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Dude, I am moving and am probably gonna have to ask cointaker to hold onto my game for an extra month.....arrrghhhhhh

Switch places with me then!!!

#2000 3 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

When does the next container ship????

No idea but this time of year is their 2 week or more summer holiday

#2033 3 years ago

Let us know how the spacing is on the blades once installed. Hopefully more room to lift the playfield unlike STLE.

3 weeks later
#2169 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm rooting for DP, I just think the audience for $10k pins is limited. We're talking twice what a Stern Pro goes for. Yes, there are big TBL fans, but if they're not pinball people I can't see them shelling out. Think about it, would you buy a $10k themed TBL ...

Maybe true but the harsh reality is without this price point for a startup company TBL never gets made. I'm glad it became a real product and am happy to have supported them.

2 months later
#2523 3 years ago

It's time for DP to put up a completed build # clock on their web site so we can follow how much longer. Just a simple counter would be nice.

3 weeks later
#2606 2 years ago

Time to create a TBL issues thread so those of us still waiting don't get excited every time we see a new post here....

#2608 2 years ago

Well there is an 'owner club' thread already available people are starting to use.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-owners-club

2 weeks later
#2652 2 years ago

And here's to everyone getting their new TBL before the mandatory August vacation

1 month later
#2844 2 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

April.- may ?,, but I'm fine waiting a few extra months
I'm in good hands, not like my MMR & twisted pins !
Is that clown in jail yet ?

2018 would be about right

2 weeks later
#2926 2 years ago

We are informed that ARA is spreading news about the issue. So we will do the same.

Our contract with ARA stipulates the delivery of 300 games in 2015 for a fixed price per game. Besides the enormous delay we had to accept (well over a year), ARA is now demanding far more money than we originally agreed upon (1000+ Euros extra per game!). This is unacceptable as you probably will understand. After numerous attempts to work things out with ARA, they have refused to honor their commitments as described in the contract. We therefore refuse to pay their bills and are thinking about starting a legal procedure against ARA.

Now for the good news! We are in discussions with several other manufactures. Our plan is to pick up right where we left off with ARA, and will be announcing in the coming weeks who will be producing our games and when you can expect to receive them. Our apologies for any delay. Thank you for continued faith & support in Dutch Pinball.

#2933 2 years ago

They could do like Dish and Direct TV and pass on the cost to their customers which typically happens but in this case no way. They had an agreement for a fixed price. It is what it is.

#2948 2 years ago

It's not like the existing owners are having zero issues to make us want to pay $1K more to get it faster. Look at the reports. Might be better to get another company.

#2982 2 years ago

So everyone seems ok that ARA can ask for more money midstream? Seems like that's the consensus after hearing another side. Not sure why that's okay at this point.

#3271 2 years ago

The problem with the "Early Achievers" can't be solved easily with us adding more money to their paypal account. What if 70% follow through (that might be too high?) and the other 30% say hell no? They can't start back up without 100% of us paying the ransom right? Refunds would be off the table.

#3273 2 years ago

That's a big 'if'. What if ARA needs $9,500 or some big amount to release the game if DP doesn't have the balance paid? They could sell them outright to someone else.

#3344 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

however, the same can't be said for their communication..

If they weren't shutdown since November it might have been fine. Bad spot to be in.

#3364 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

As stated befor, DP is the IP holder and ARA can thus NOT sell the games direct.

Lets hope that's true because Universal has only allowed a set amount to be made. If those go to anybody it would put some preorders without a slot. Seems like ARA could only part out or destroy.

#3426 2 years ago

IMG_3951 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#3659 2 years ago

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jeff-bridges-dude-big-lebowski-john-goodman-walk-of-fame-1202006543/

He should have brought a coffee can of ashes to throw out over the star and have it blow over the crowd!

2 weeks later
#4129 2 years ago

Why can they just get ARA to finish the run and invoice us for what they want to release the machine however outrageous that bill is for? Each pinball has an owner so if they refuse to pay then ARA keeps or resells. Why wait for lawyers just bill and ship.

#4414 2 years ago

Fingers crossed. Seems like when we check these TBL threads if you see a few new posts its all good news. When there's nothing new but bad it goes way up with all the back and forth.

1 week later
#4510 2 years ago

As you might know, today we visited ARA, the contract manufacturer of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball, to see if we can work things out. Last week the managing director of ARA left the company and, since he was responsible for the project, we had an opening to talk again.

After two hours of talking, both ARA and DP concluded that it was a useful meeting and that things look positive. In the next two weeks, we will review and work on a new plan, contract and terms. We are very positive about this new situation and will send you more updates when there is news.

Kind regards,

Barry & Jaap

2 weeks later
#4568 2 years ago

Two weeks ago we talked to ARA about restarting the production of TBL. Things look positive but we haven’t found a solution yet.

We have sent a proposal to ARA and are waiting for their response. As soon as we have their reaction we will let you know.

Kind regards,

Barry & Jaap

2 weeks later
#4638 2 years ago

Hoping for just a simple tease like thumbs up.

#4658 2 years ago

For those of us not as lucky as the boxed game people I hope they make sure production is completed before shipping anything. Otherwise they could ship out whats there and say sorry everyone else.

#4733 2 years ago

Lets all volunteer to fly over there and get a bunch of pinheads to finish building out the machines when ARA is closed for a month in August. We do the labor for free and they get all that space back.

2 weeks later
#4949 2 years ago

At this rate we will be at the August month off. Say they get a deal end of July. We start up in Sept. After being off all August they come back and say all parties have been refreshed and now we agree we were premature and need to start the negotiations over!

1 week later
#5147 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

There is a 50/50 shot that this is true, so...

Yes but its in ARA's best interest to tell you that the sky is falling and if you give us a ton more money as an individual maybe we can ship out your game one at a time. They have to be looking for lots of cash. Since the US customers are so far away who's to say you get nothing after sending ARA money? Don't believe anyone.

#5239 2 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

This is a horrible idea and I don't have any idea what good could possible come of it. The licensees make so little on pinball that I'm concerned they'll just say the heck with it if it becomes a nuisance.DP. The fact the ARA reached out to DP's customers is one of the strongest cards in DP's hand.

Agree, all of us will have to band together and pay him off now to stop from crashing the whole project. Think about it first.

1 week later
#5684 2 years ago

Too bad the dude himself isn't interested in being an investor. Maybe he could use this as a tax write off?

2 weeks later
#5831 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Wow, must be the smallest response ever on a NSN

Pinside is famous for not posting on unless everything is going badly.

#5844 2 years ago

Its an excellent product that should sell itself beyond the initial run. Stay thirsty and hopeful my friends.

1 week later
#5928 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Those who have fully paid their machine and waiting their game for months

We wish it were only months but sadly it's been years.

2 weeks later
#5952 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Silence can be golden.

Hopefully next August 2018 we will all be happily playing our TBL's and telling DP have a great summer vacation, well earned.

1 month later
#6013 2 years ago

We need Jaap to sign a waver that he not participate in any dangerous activities until our TBL's ship!

1 month later
#6055 2 years ago

Will there be a NSNL this week? They missed the last 2.

2 weeks later
#6363 2 years ago

It's update Friday!

2 weeks later
#6473 2 years ago

I don’t care how it plays just that I get mine and it works.

1 month later
#6578 1 year ago

Merry Christmas to all the preorders. Here’s hoping in one year we’ll be waking up and starting our day playing our TBL.

1 month later
#6610 1 year ago

Looks like we are waiting until next week, darn.

#6612 1 year ago

Still nothing today, here's something to close out our week, good times in June 2016

TBL (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#6737 1 year ago
Quoted from highdef:

Google search on this game will provide some red flags for any prospective buyer who does their homework.

That could be true for an average title but TBL sells itself. One of the best themes of all time for a pinball, IMHO.

2 weeks later
#6764 1 year ago

Okay, finally holidays are done. Let's build some TBL's. Before you know it the 30 day August summer holiday will be here. Yes I know it's not 30 days but the US side always feels that way since we get so few holidays over here.

1 week later
#6781 1 year ago

X4 on newsletter Friday?

#6785 1 year ago

That was so long ago it was taken with a film camera no? Did they have digital back then? lol.

2 weeks later
#6831 1 year ago

7 days until our newsletter!!! Wishful thinking

#6837 1 year ago
Quoted from highdef:

NSNL has arrived! Check your Inbox!

I didn’t get one and April fools isn’t until tomorrow,

#6855 1 year ago

Nice update

#6864 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Good one Jim, nice edit. Pinside said I beat you by 4 seconds.

Yep, I usually get mine in my inbox way after everyone else. This was one of the first times I could actually post one.

#6873 1 year ago
Quoted from RTR:

I would buy a new one if they would send it with my old one in June.

Me too.

#6876 1 year ago

The game sells itself so no worries reselling a second one. Theme is king and this is a dream theme.

3 weeks later
#6963 1 year ago

Maybe not parts from the US side via Pinball Life but getting the same items built in China which is closer.

1 week later
#7009 1 year ago

We can't do anything about holidays but shipping out finished TBL's no matter what the volume is would be a big step.

#7032 1 year ago

Wake up! It’s almost newsletter Friday!

1 week later
#7096 1 year ago

Too depressed to watch that video. I just wait until newsletter Friday for my pick me up.

#7158 1 year ago

ARA probably was advised to wait until later to start the process to maximize the damage it could cause DP. Terrible news.

#7291 1 year ago

Would ARA have enough parts in hand to build more than the 40? Enough time has past to have more built while waiting to be paid. Whole pins would be more valuable to them in the long run over parts.

#7309 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Those games will be sold by ARA to the highest bidder to help pay money owed.

And someone in the US wires ARA 10K+ and shortly after gets no pinball. Now that person is out 20k and has to start a lawsuit from the US.

#7369 1 year ago

Well we could always end up with a virtual TBL should all things go to pot. You think DP could afford to send us one of those to make up for the loss?

1 month later
#7855 1 year ago

Hopefully it sold for:

index (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7866 1 year ago

And those of us left will move up in line.

2 weeks later
#8213 1 year ago

We Americans get fewer holidays work overtime with no compensation and our employers here take full advantage of it. When my company deals with our European friends they stop working at 5pm per their laws. If we had that model employers would be forced to staff properly instead of working us to death. Enough said.

1 month later
#8319 1 year ago

Don’t you know it’s August? Vacation time, no updates.

4 months later
#8590 10 months ago

If it is a new movie one of the lucky EA's should loan their TBL so it can be used when they shoot in the bowling alley.

1 week later
#8606 10 months ago

#8609 10 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is Jeff Bridges hurting for money?

True, I guess that rules out the dude as being an angel investor to save us.

4 months later
#8896 5 months ago

Any bets if we hear anything before the August holidays?

1 month later
#9504 4 months ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Who's mad at CT? Personally I'd have liked DP to have reached out to the EAs through the NSN instead of selling the lot through CT... but like I say, maybe it was the quickest and easiest way to get the lot moved...

Safest way. Did you want to wire DP 12.5K and hope you get one after losing so much already?

2 weeks later
#10018 3 months ago

It would be nice if the flippers would send their profit back to DP. An honorable way to help the EA’s. Fat chance I know.

#10103 3 months ago

No it didn’t happen. I wasn’t going to flip it and am not going to have a 20k pinball in my game room. I just want my EA one someday.

2 weeks later
#10361 3 months ago

You’re making all this too complicated. K.I.S.S. What if some EAs don’t want to put in another 1K. Do they go to the back of the line? I don’t see anything that helps for now other than volunteering labor assistance if you’re close to DP.

3 weeks later
#10874 76 days ago

Don’t forget the new model of selling for the same as you paid of 12.5 plus another pinball may be a long term way to protect the investment. Lots more buyers I’d bet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 21.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 189.99
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 249.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside