(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,296 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by JodyG
  • Topic is favorited by 190 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 956 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191130_125027 (resized).jpg
20191130_125125 (resized).jpg
bowlrama (resized).JPG
20191130_012219 (resized).jpg
20191130_011910 (resized).jpg
20191129_234534 (resized).jpg
20191129_221023 (resized).jpg
20191128_202953 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
20191127_171032 (resized).jpg
20191127_171220 (resized).jpg
9cc4cb90-f036-4006-9a76-b400d26db49c (resized).jpg
176a29fb-23ae-452e-84c4-6a305e4719e0 (resized).jpg
900d99f3-ef56-4cb8-ab5d-c0e243b334f3 (resized).jpg
ad865202-df75-41f8-9dcc-44e5834e9697 (resized).jpg
b97fb356-7620-417b-a6f5-bb629f1c8f26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (3 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (3 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (3 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (3 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (2 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (2 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (2 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (2 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #3650 Report from a dinner with Barry of Dutch Pinball. Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #3951 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #4259 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #5004 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #5229 DP update about an alternative manufacturer Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #5461 Details on June 19th DP Livestream Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #6420 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by KoenHeltzel (2 years ago)

Post #6684 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Concretehardt (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazzmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

The only miss because of it's prominence in the movie not on the pinball machine is Dead Flowers

According to T Bone Burnett, who put the OST together, that one was the hardest to get for the movie. Allen Klein owns the rights to the song and originally turned down T Bones's request to use it. Probably was a no go for DP, as well.

#26 4 years ago

In on day one...still here.

2 months later
#209 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Just heard from Barry, he's eager to answer all questions and is wants to do a kind of FAQs response, so if there are any more specific questions, get them in

Will spare parts be made available for sale? I could see things like the rug and the bowling pins taking a beating.

The bowling mech seems like a complicated part of the game. If it breaks, will the game be programmed to bypass that feature during the repair period?

Any chance we could see a rulesheet/ mode diagram?

Whatever happened to the custom pinballs that Geert designed?

#210 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Not really a question but I would like to see pics of the factory and games on the line or at least pics of piles of game parts ect.

Me too!

#237 4 years ago

Was just looking at it myself a few minutes ago. Looks significantly deep to me. Especially given (as SD_TOM stated above) the multiple rug and car modes. Plus 5 ball and 5 character modes.

Quoted from sd_tom:

Nihilists looks a little out of place there off to the side..

Looks like maybe a stand-alone mode along with "White Russian" which suits me just fine. I would be up for as many side modes as DP wants to include.

#239 4 years ago

I would like to see a "logjammin'" hurry-up side mode where you have to bash away at the rug toy or something to that effect.

3 weeks later
#294 4 years ago

^^^^^^^
YES, PLEASE!

1 week later
#337 4 years ago

Just got it: Number 15 here.

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

30!
They said 30 per container right? So I got the last one of the first shipment!

In before the lock!

2 weeks later
#409 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Rotterdam is about about a 1.5 hour drive from Aalten....so I would think it would be there. I'm talking with Barry later today so I will ask him...

Only three days until the tenth of the month... any info you could slip under the door would be greatly appreciated.

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Is there something significant about the 10th?

2 months later
#565 4 years ago

Any news on the apron?

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Do hope even if manufacturing hiccups carry the day right now the universal approvals of showing us some software come soon.

Looks like you have been hanging out with the Dude this afternoon

#575 4 years ago

Never mind....I read that again and it made perfect sense...Maybe I have been hanging with the Dude...

2 weeks later
#651 4 years ago

Did no one ask about the fucking apron or when production is to begin or if film clips and call outs have been approved or when we can expect to see the game shipping?

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I understand why this restriction is in place. The songs were licensed to the film and the film is being licensed to the pinball, not the songs that feature in it. To be able to use the individual songs would mean separate agreements with all the artists of the songs

They would have needed to get that anyway. Songs would be a separate IP holder from the get-go. Licensing the film assets would have given them no automatic rights to the music.

Plus, if it were the case that the music had to be tied to the clip then it would only stand to reason that the clips would have been approved ages ago. Which is not the case, because, as I understand it, DP is still awaiting final app from the IP holder.

1 month later
#808 4 years ago

Been kinda quiet on the TBL front so I thought I would ask the weekly proverbial question: think we will see an NSNL today (or sometime soon)? Seems like a good time to give us an update on what, if any, issues were encountered at the Dutch Expo and what the game plan is to get beyond them and on to production. I watched the Jaap talk from the Dutch Expo and I am still a little fuzzy on where the IP asset approval stands and if final approval will hold up game shipment. Any thoughts, gents?

#815 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Great newsletter !!

I concur! Love seeing all of the factory pics. I wish DP would put a webcam feed in their workspace/factory . I would be watching 24/7.

#817 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I guess I'm both wrong and an asshole

At least your not a pacifist!

1 week later
#911 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

So, there are a multiple scenes like that.. With music in foreground so much that one can imagine the same rule will apply.. Like the entire trampoline scene has music in foreground as well... So its unfortunate in retrospect they picked the trampoline for the kick back as there may be no clips allowed to go with it. Taxi scene is well off the charts on the out list under these restrictions I bet as well.

Trampoline scene is the perfect example. From the DPO clips it is clear that we are getting an animation in place of the Treehorn scene. A lot of stuff is out the window here. Almost everything from the bowling alley has music behind it. Rug inserts were obviously designed for direct clip tie-ins. They dodged a bullet on all of them except the Maude art scene. It will be interesting to see how they get around it.

#915 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I must say I have lost quite a bit of excitement for this too.

I have become a little bit deflated on the whole thing myself. Still trying to stay low-key and optimistic about it, though.

Quoted from pinghetto:With Hobbit hitting the line very soon, I'm starting to wish I put my money elsewhere (or could just get out of TBL and buy different game).

Given the nature of contracted manufacturing, my understanding is that once DP has given the green light, machines will be cranked out pretty quickly. I think JJP will be very slow at the beginning of production and, at any rate, you would be near the back of the production run at this point. My guess is that buyers will begin to see both of these games in the first half of 2016. At 2+ years, that still puts TBL way ahead of TH.

Hang in there, good stuff is just around the corner.

#916 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Concerns for me are just around theme capture

No doubt this has thrown a wrench in things. Some of the most quotable parts of the movie are married to the music soundtrack. Going back and watching it while assuming that all of those scenes are out, there is still a lot of great stuff to work with. Such a shame that the Jesus scene is unusable. Any fan of the movie who is not aware of the licensing issue, will surely be baffled as to why the most quotable scene of a movie filled with quotable scenes is absent. As you said in an earlier post, hopefully it will be fixable for home use.

#918 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

You guys are bumming me out. Thank God that I have Stern's forthcoming Bedknobs and Broomsticks game (WITH original songs) to distract me while DP finishes TBL!

let me know when production cranks up on Something Wicked This Way Comes. I'm all in.

#945 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Trying to reserve judgement that they can still do something or let us hack it into something. But otherwise, darkness has washed over this dude.

I was thinking about this yesterday. I am concerned that it may take a lot more effort than most people think to replace clips and get the missing dialogue inserted. Even with Stern music pins, the tracks have to be the same length. That task seems pretty straight forward when thinking about making video fit a predefined length parameter. I am thinking an entire rewrite might be in order.

#962 3 years ago

Does anyone have any details of what the issues were with the MMB at DPO?

1 month later
#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Losing hope now - don't think we'll be getting one this late. Frustrating.

Absolutely ridiculous that we have not seen an update on progress. I am beyond frustrated with DP and the wealth of unanswered questions this late in the game.

3 weeks later
#1076 3 years ago

Well...here we are in week 8. The first 3 production TBL's should be rolling off the line this week. Looks like HENSBROOKER is getting number 3 and he is also Dutch. So, odds are, he will be the first owner to take possession of a TBL. Fingers crossed he comes through with some pics/vid of his game in the near future. I don't know about the rest of you, but I take comfort in that.

#1079 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

I bet that #1 gets his first.

Not very likely from a logistics standpoint. #1 and #2 are in the US. They may have arranged for direct air ship. Otherwise they are waiting on container shipment to US and then ground transport after that. Container shipment won't happen until there are enough pins produced for US owners to fill the container (35-45 machines). Odds are that a bunch of European owners will have their machines before those of us in the US.

3 months later
#1573 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Think DP have really nailed the display.

Could not agree more. I would like to see other manufacturers follow suit with their displays.

#1578 3 years ago

Thanks for posting the vids JustLikeMe! Easily the best that I have seen of the game. They have really got me excited again about getting mine. I notice that you are not going bowling. It seems like the bowling alley is accessed all the time in all of the other videos that I have seen. I know DP mentioned that they have been setting the game up for shows and such to feature the bowling mech. How do you have your machine configured with regards to bowling? Are you avoiding bowling or is it that rare of an occurrence in a standard setup machine?

#1580 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Imagine the default is zero lit so 7 shots is going to make a big difference.

Definitely glad to see it is going to be a challenge. Early on, I was afraid it would get overused in the game.

Quoted from sd_tom:

I love though how they are using the bowling alley additionally as a giant RGB insert for setting the mood of a mode

Noticed that too. Looks sweet!

#1664 3 years ago

^^^^^^^^
+1

Maybe Don can convince them to install an always-on webcam in the factory

#1667 3 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I was going to ask Barry to enable the TBL live site.

Pretty sure I would get nothing done if they installed a webcam in the factory.

1 month later
#1820 3 years ago

Any way to track the shipment as it crosses the Atlantic?

1 week later
#1896 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Is that more a comment about customs, or about damage / needing to unbox games to check them out. I remember way back, prob 2 years ago? there was talk about them getting unboxed and re-tested in the states. hoping that plan went by the wayside; if the games are boxed nicely already, and there's no obvious damage, rather it just get routed ASAP to me and skip all that

I completely agree! I would be shocked if this happens with the games that other manufacturers import/export.

1 month later
#2188 3 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Do they have "hurry up shots" like in Medieval Madness? "Shoot the castle"

Not sure it is the same thing but after you light all of the Z-E-R-O inserts in the in and out lanes, the "Mark it Zero" insert is lit at the saucer. You have limited time to collect it or the opportunity goes away. I'm not sure how many MIZ's must be collected to complete the goal. Seems like one of the more difficult things to complete, so far. At least for me, anyway.

#2204 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

personally I think the game is a blast.

Could not agree more, but I do hope that the code is only 45% complete as the revision would suggest.

Quoted from sd_tom:

They said early on this is not a Keith complex ruleset game.. it's bally Williams type complexity

I know they said this, but I really hope they reconsider that position. This machine is now a $10k toy and it needs a $10k ruleset.

There is way too much to work with in this game to just leave it with a shallow set of objectives.

Quoted from sd_tom:

drunk multiball for collecting all white russians would be interesting

agreed!

I would also like to see DP pull a few other Keith Tricks. There could be a lights out or drugged out Jackie Treehorn mode that takes advantage of the dream sequence.

DP also needs to add more songs to the game. The have the licensing for most of it, why not use it? How about incorporating the music in the modes:

There could be a mode where you have to help the Dude get his creedence back or an " I hate the fuckin' eagles" mode where certain shots have to be made or the eagles songs play non-stop.

#2207 3 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I thought the issue was they didn't have the rights to the music unless they played the accompanying video clip it is in, in its entirety. That's why they reimagined the songs that are in there to get around the license snafu. I may be remembering wrong though.

No... I think you are correct...I didn't make myself clear....I am hoping that they re-create more of the songs.

So far, I think they have the following song interpretations in the game:

Hotel California
Lookin' Out My Backdoor
Oye Como Va
Techno Song (during nihilist mode, pretty sure this is all original)

I think there might be one or two more played during character multiballs.

1 week later
#2240 3 years ago

Could Burningman's new avatar be a hint of things to come from DP?

2 weeks later
#2369 3 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Anyone know if Cointaker will have one at expo to check out?

Here is to hoping they bring a few that work better than the one they sold me!

#2371 3 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

you have a ticket in with DP? What issues are you having?
I am working through a bowling alley issue. Besides the BA and minor tweaks, mine is playing well

Yep...open ticket. Bowling Alley has done nothing but stutter from day one...utterly useless mech. Also, the brackets that hold the pins in the back of the bowling mech were either put together with the wrong sized screws or the screws were stripped out. Not sure which yet. So much for QC. Other issues were minor. Still waiting on parts that I was originally told were shipping weeks ago and then told were shipping last week to CoinTaker for distribution (why the fuck is CoinTaker the gateway for everything DP?). DP were responsive to my ticket and follow up communications.

#2375 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Sorry to hear about problems jazzmaster. My game has taken a lot of tweaks , which I expected first off the line so hasn't detracted from experience. Sounds like it has crossed the line for you into bad experience.

Should have read my post before hitting submit. Didn't mean to be such a pessimist! I am still happy with the game and I have faith that DP will come through for me. In all honesty, I just haven't had the time to address this issue on my own. During the little time I have had to devote to pinball lately, I have just wanted to play and not deal with technical issues.

#2381 3 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

did a quick write up on the DP forums.

Sweet write up, man! Gonna have to dig into mine and see if the collar is loose. Was your launcher only stuttering on the right side? Mine does it in both directions.

#2393 3 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I also think various parts are being sent in bulk to Cointaker and then they are distributing them individually in the US. (But I could be wrong)...

This is what Barry told me.

#2395 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Has it been said if the next batch of games will have this part already installed, or will we still need the replacement?

Haven't seen it mentioned. I'm not sure how many games are having the issue. My diverter has worked flawlessly since day one.

3 weeks later
#2484 3 years ago
2 months later
#2672 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Anyone have issues with one of the bowling pins not working right?

I have had issues since day one with everything related to the bowling mech including the pins. Check the brackets that hold the 4 pin rows. Most of the screws that attach these (2 on each side of each bracket) were stripped out on my game. Several of the screws were completely out and the brackets were just hanging in the cabinet when I unboxed my game. Since the screws wont tighten, they work themselves out over time and the brackets become loose. This causes the pins to not work correctly. I bought some low profile T3 nuts to hopefully address the issue but I have not had a chance to install them yet. Will report back when I do.

3 weeks later
#2787 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I looked at the changelog for .46 and .47

Where can I find the changelog for .46 and .47? This one:http://www.dutchpinball.com/tbl/software/changelog.txt only seems to be through .45

1 month later
#3627 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

One thing I wish they had done during the delay is to go into overdrive with code updates; would have helped ensure customers they were still all in despite the ARA issue. There's only ever been a single code update since shipping started, correct?

Agreed. As long as this game was in development, it should have shipped with complete code. There is just no excuse for anything else.

1 week later
#3687 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

These are events primarily for the press. Speakers at pinball shows are primarily for the enjoyment of show patrons.

Quoted from frolic:

That's why I made my comment with advice for DP, they've already made this mistake before at the last Expo and there was serious negative blow back from their existing customer base and they are at a critical time of managing their customers carefully.

Dutch Pinball have 140+ fully paid customers who have games in limbo at the moment. Honest and direct communication to this very small and captive audience should be their one and only goal. I'm not sure that any pinball show is the right forum for what they need to convey to these people. With nothing but misinformation being fed to them, I am certain that some of them have questioned DP's financial standing. For those, Sending a representative half way around the world to address a tiny fraction of them will probably be viewed nothing more than another waste of funds. An email blast to the customers in limbo followed up with an individual phone or e-mail conversation with those who desire more information seems like a better pathway to direct communication; but that has never been DP's strong suit.

3 months later
#5666 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

What if somebody worked with ARA to build a kit to de-license the game to something like "the dude"

Speaking of licensing issues, did DP discuss anything related to the terms of the licensing agreement it has with Universal for TBL? As one of the lucky few who received their game, I have just been lurking on the thread and keeping my mouth shut but with all of the focus on finding a new CM, I wonder if the license may be an issue on the horizon that no one is worried about. When things were touch and go in late 2015/ early 2016 related to manufacturing delays, someone with a bit more insight than I had, told me that DP had three years to build 300 games. I worry that, without an extension or renegotiation, this window may close in on DP very quickly. Especially given that they have only been able to deliver 50 or so games in over half of the license term and are arguably looking at 6+ months of ramp up to any additional builds. Keep in mind that it took Roger Sharpe to negotiate the original license. I'm not so sure he would be as eager to help out given the current state of affairs.

#5668 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Roger Sharpe stated in a recent interview that he got the license extended for them.

Extended again? The three year window I am speaking of was also an extension that he negotiated.

3 months later
#6216 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I understand...it just seems there is no other choice here...

I think that it is exactly. I have been quietly lurking in the thread for a bit, trying to not fray any more nerves since I am one of the lucky bastards that actually got a game (who would have thought that being the sucker in the front of the line would actually pay off?). I have to believe that DP are at the end of the rope just hoping that they can pull this off. Betting that their poker face is good enough to ward off anyone calling their bluff. Hoping like hell that ARA goes away quietly. I understand all of the EAs who are still waiting want to remain positive. Hope is all that is left. If positive vibrations will help push this along then, by all means, I will conjure up a few for my fellow EAs.

3 weeks later
#6479 2 years ago

Does anyone have the .45 software update link handy?

#6487 2 years ago

^^^^^^^^^
THANK YOU!

7 months later
#7769 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Several people who contacted Universal received refunds from DP already

check (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 21.00
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazzmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside