(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freakyguy666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10392 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

That's on site. Yes it is insane.

Didn’t look anywhere close to 500 pins when I was there last month...someone is prone to exaggeration!

7 months later
#11605 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah Love to see any dialog finally coming out but he really shouldn't mention ANY numbers for anything as they honestly don't add up at all?? Says in 2020 they hope to build 100 games, then says he's targeting 4 per week? Isn't that 208? Then the part about a hope to build the EA games in 2020 but more than likely 2021. Using his 3 to 1 ratio at 100 games build Seems like that would be 25 EA games per year at 6 Years? All math assuming there isn't a pandemic or anything... Just happy to see this game still chugging along.

It was pretty clear to me that he was targeting 4 per week as optimal production rate that he would expect to hit at some point in 2020. He never said he expected to average that rate from January 1, 2020.

1 month later
#11889 3 years ago

Is there any way to know how cointaker is prioritizing the preorders they took without deposit vs those they more recently began taking with a deposit? Can’t see right to get a straight answer from them.

#11892 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Bump:
My spot (EA 105) so 50ish EA games way- $11,000 now.
It will be a STANDARD game.
Save yourself $1,500!

Would you offer a refund should it fail to be delivered by end of 2021?

#11893 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Melissa is going by the original non deposit list, once all those people get their games she will go to the recent deposit list.

Thanks. But with no published list, how would one know if a paid deposit spot jumps ahead of a non-deposit?

1 month later
#11952 3 years ago
Quoted from jpk1972:

I am EA #187 any chance I see mine for my 50th Birthday February 2022???? Now that would be a present that could never be topped!!!

Slim & none. DP will likely cease to exist by then.

5 months later
#12547 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No Parking DUDE! Introducing the new No Parking Dude custom railing and parking sign. Give your bowling alley parking lot a Dude look. Simple and reversible installation. Hand painted detail for an authentic look. We are Honored to be part of your Amazing collections. The Dude Abides! Available now. Thanks again for your interest and support.
www.TheModCouplePinball.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is this installed with adhesive or is there a hardware attachment?

2 weeks later
#12588 3 years ago

How many EAs are there supposed to be if DP satisfies all orders? And do the EAs come with a # on the hardware? I don’t recall ever seeing this.

#12592 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

around 190 EA's have paid in full. It looks like EA #59 was the last to get a game.

But does that guarantee that there will only be 190 EA’s or can they just keep making them forever?

#12614 3 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

Hi all, I would love to own TBL.
Is there any difference between the EAs the non-EAs other than the plague and serial #?
CT says 6-8 months out to ship after deposit. Is that correct or is it taking longer?

Isn’t there also a light-up EA apron?

1 week later
#12700 3 years ago

Is there a shaker in this game or is there no room due to the bowling alley mech?

3 weeks later
#12757 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Fairly new granted it should matter much.

Have you seen the list of improvements they are implementing lately? It’s actually quite substantial.

1 month later
#12899 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

That's awesome. It wasn't but a few months ago that we saw #52 show up. That means about 3 EAs per month. At that rate, all EA's will have their game in a little over 3 years! If you are thinking about buying this pin, do it! We are going to see this happy ending eventually!

I wanna know ... who’s getting EA#69 DUDE!?!

1 week later
#12943 3 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I would go for Alien by a whisker. Both games have amazing themes, lots of adult content and cursing call outs which I freakin love but the big thing I find is that Alien is just so complex and the mood is so dark and immersive, that it wins out, but not by much.
I really think you can't go wrong with either game. They are both so great.
I wish that Stern or Jersey Jack would make an adult theme instead of all the feakin family friendly games. I would have bought Stern's Dead Pool if had some cursing and adult content that was loyal to the movie but it's all cutesy and happy so I skipped that game. The last adult game Stern made was Family Guy and that was 14 years ago.
Anywho......, buy Alien or Lebowski, you'll love which ever game you get.
QSS

Not to derail the thread, but JJP’s GnR incorporates TONS of adult content. Entire songs are R rated as well as F bombs galore during gameplay. Just have to make sure your settings are on Adult Mode.

1 month later
#13035 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Opportunity to skip the line just went up. Just 18999. :/

Why would you pay that when there’s a NIB for ~$2,000 LESS?.?.?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/111965

3 weeks later
#13088 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Maybe we can start with what is the last EA# to ship

Last EA reported as shipping on this board was #64, I believe.

1 month later
#13230 2 years ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

Today I had the privilege to receive my TBL. Actually I had the opportunity to pick it up at the new factory, including an extensive factory tour. Thanks Barry and his nice (increasing) team!
After some driving the machine is extracted from the box and it plays great!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you happen to see any EAs on the factory floor???

#13232 2 years ago
Quoted from flipper-happy:

Chronology for those that are interesred:
7/14/20 preorder (CT)
6/2/21 invoiced
7/20/21 shipped
7/22/21 delivered
Off to the owners thread...

Deposit or no?

4 weeks later
#13299 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It is true that by far the number of EAs hasn’t be reached as hoped for months ago when the 3 to 1 ratio was announced.
Quite frustrating that everything finally is in place, funds for parts, trained personnel, space and that just shortage on part supplies is just killing the production . Can’t imagine how a juggernaut like stern must be suffering.
Anyway, pleased to let you guys know that another two EA are ready, 66 and 68. Owners have been informed and needless to say they are happy dudes .
[quoted image]

Why did they Skip #67???

And when is the long awaited 69 Dude???

#13306 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Not all numbers are taken anymore. Remember when Phil did the refund? Not everybody re-entered so there are gaps.
69 is next. That’s one serial number I would like to have

E9F80399-C1B4-47C1-8811-68C20A4B49C4 (resized).pngE9F80399-C1B4-47C1-8811-68C20A4B49C4 (resized).png
#13314 2 years ago
Quoted from Junkhauler:

My E.A.#66 has arrived at cointaker.... its heading to Texas tomorrow......
Trying to remain calm.......

Please be sure to let the board know if you have any of the Proc board issues that have been occurring on the recent shipments!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13324 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

No answer from you yet but I checked and reversing the connector shouldn’t have caused a problem.
Pls also try to keep technical issue restricted to the Maintenance thread. Posting in several threads makes it to difficult for me to keep track, sorry.

Could you please provide a link to the “maintenance thread”? Not finding it under search…

#13348 2 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Your sources are correct. Mine is 541.

So no issues at all?? You didn’t even have to dial it in?? That’s great news!

1 week later
#13389 2 years ago

Just make sure you don’t use these dolly’s over Carpet as they tend to mark them up.

#13418 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

That is Cointaker’s personal game. I know as I am right behind them at #70.
Call Melissa and Chris and see if they would be willing to sell theirs.
Good luck!
Ed

Has cointaker given any updates on when yours may be expected to ship? I hear DP not producing EAs for a couple months while they catch-up on regular orders that were delayed during parts shortage…would be curious to hear what feedback you’re getting.

#13446 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Visited DP today and behind sn 69 there was not the name of Cointaker … perhap CT worked out a deal with the original buyer but the name was not CT

Rensh was that EA #69 in production or were you just looking at a list on paper?

1 month later
#13511 2 years ago

Thanks for the reminder. Obviously that was from nearly 10 months ago. It’s likely that the customs hold process might be substantially longer these days

3 weeks later
#13581 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Shipping is nightmare nowadays.
Last shipment fedex 3 TBLs were returned to DP. Why?? FedEx claimed paperwork not OK. It was OK but if it wasn’t, why only return 3 of 11 pcs??? Really nightmare so another Transporter is used. And pricing transport, there appears to be no limit. Price up, service down. Great combo ….
And ofcourse, of the returned TBLs EA70 was one of them …..

How bad was the damage on the 3 pins? Going back & forth from Holland to USA and then back to Holland is probably damaged the games, no?

#13590 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Indeed a mistake from me. I assumed it would have been from last shipment but was a shipment earlier. EA69 really spent a lot of time in transport
Apologies for my mistake.

Yes that’s why I wondered about the damage. I assume Barry does not even open and check the game before re-shipping back to USA?

1 month later
#13681 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Pleased to inform that next week 22 TBLs of which 3 pcs EA; EA 69 (thanks to a fuckup with Transporter this unit was returned to DP), 71,72 I think; will be air shipped to CT
Transport pricing Has returned to a more acceptable level thus shipping is restarted.
Now just getting a constant feed of all required parts is the main concern.
[quoted image]

CT informed me just last week that they were going to ship via container on water as air was too expensive…

#13684 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I was told the same almost a month ago about mine. I emailed Melissa and she said they never made it on the ship and that batch, along with 10-11 more, are what we saw in Rensh's photo of the 21 games. She confirmed I'm in this batch.
I hope we get them this month...not sure how long they'll take to get here and how long they'll sit at customs. I feel like there's light at the end of this tunnel but won't believe it until it's sitting in my basement and hopefully problem free!

Thanks but just to be clear she did not confirm they would be sent by air, she used the term “ship”, correct?

5 months later
#14101 1 year ago

The longer you wait the better the pin gets….not only are there HARDWARE UPDATES, but the CODE is being Updated as we speak…I would guess that the games shipping Xmas this year will be running 1.0 plus upgraded Hardware components compared to those sold just a year earlier…so you could say, “Better things come to those who wait!”

7 months later
#14389 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamestx:

Just wanted to share with everyone that EA101 was happily received yesterday, after 8+ years!
Ordered and paid for on October 3, 2014[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like your long wait resulted in a poor playfield…hopefully you can iron them out…

1 month later
#14483 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

$13k includes tax,freight and any other fees. Add the apron and you have a grand total of $13599.95 I bought a TBL through CT so my days are always improved by enjoying this game. Hopefully yours will someday as well.

Not quite…freight in the US (delivery from CT to your address) is not included…

#14499 1 year ago

Given the new Topper Input was discovered recently, does DP have plans for an official one?

#14505 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Yes. No ETA however. Time and resources are nowadays a challenge when running a factory.

Would it be safe to say it will not be in 2023?

3 weeks later
#14578 11 months ago
Quoted from dentgirl:

Deposit paid to Cointaker 10/28/2021
Balance paid 9/27/2022
Still haven’t received a ship date despite several calls and emails. Am I missing something?

Might have to report to Dutch pinball…

1 month later
#14675 10 months ago

Rensh

Any more ”improvements” to the game hardware or playfield or is it pretty much final design now?

Also still no word on the rumored Topper???

2 weeks later
#14716 10 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

You would be correct, sir...
[quoted image]
It also has the new board in the back box with the power connections for mods:
[quoted image]

DP & Rensh have been suspiciously quiet wrt the upcoming Topper…must be getting close!

5 months later
#15110 4 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Dear all
Pls see below an email which has been sent yesterday to all remaining EA’s after the current batch produced in December, 23 pcs in total.
If you are an EA, read this and haven’t seen an email from me sent an email to [email protected]
The rollercoaster is approaching the end
We are gonna get it done
Dear (soon to be) fellow Dude,
First and foremost apologies for a (to) long silence from us.
We have however been very active in making sure you will get your TBL which you ordered so long time ago.
It has been a (to) long rollercoaster but we are approaching the end and are pleased to inform that we expect that in 2024 Q1 all remaining Early Achiever TBL’s will be delivered.
Exact date depends on which EA-number you exactly have, part supply, etc.. But, we are very confident that 2024 Q1 all is delivered.
For december productionEA’s are planned up to number 165.
Can you already give me your current shipping adress and phonenumber so we can check-update our records? Thanks.
Thanks for your patience and support during all these years and if you have any question please let me know.
Kind regards,
Rens Hooijmaijers
Dutch Pinball Support

So no Topper?

#15115 4 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Dutch Pinball is actively developing forward-looking plans set to come to completion in 2024 and 2025. As a result, we anticipate that 2024 may mark the final year of The Big Lebowski Pinball production, leading to a limited production capacity.
Therefore, we strongly recommend that you promptly contact your distributor to secure a new TBL. For a list of our distributors, please visit https://www.dutchpinball.com/distributors. Each distributor has a specific allotment, and these are likely to be claimed quickly, so it's important not to delay.
While it's possible that this announcement serves as the final call for TBL orders, it's primarily a precautionary measure to ensure we can fulfill all TBL orders. Should additional production capacity become available, we may offer extra allotments to distributors.
[quoted image]

Hopefully the “next” generation of Dutch pinball come with Wifi Software updating capabilities! Please pass this on as I think software updates will be a big part of the future!

1 week later
#15130 3 months ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Blue Halos look sooo good!
[quoted image]

Are those the original Rubbers on the Precision bats?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freakyguy666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=freakyguy666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.