(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,275 posts
  • 860 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fastpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3190 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

A board problem (and maybe some other problems) and subsequent re-design was identified that was not foreseen when the original costing was agreed on. ARA said they need an extra €1000 to build the games to these new specs.

Wasn't ARA also the company manufacturing the boards that are supposed to have had the issue?

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#3192 7 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

ARA did say in the letter they sent that there were no board issues, and someone else mentioned that DP stated that it was something said to buy time...

My bad, I missed the "alternate facts" heading.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#3419 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I imagine another company would be used to produce new boards correct? Did she say something to make you immediately think Stern? Stern doesn't produce boards right?

I would imagine they could revert back to the original PROC designs. I believe the latest designs use a PROC plugged into the big under playfield PCBs. This should let the code stay essentially the same and then they would just have different assembly instructions.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

3 weeks later
#3679 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

What would be nicer is if TPF (and other shows) finally started recording all the seminars and posting them to YouTube immediately .. it's so easy technically and logistically to do these days, and ideally live stream them.

I don't think that shows needs to stream immediately, but archiving and sharing shortly afterwards would be awesome.

Seeing speakers in real time is part of the value provided by shows. If fewer people came to shows because they could see all the content online for free, shows would be less motivated to have speakers, especially when some speakers cost the show money one way or another.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#3682 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's like saying no one would go to an Apple product launch because it's online for free and no effort.
There is a bit of competing objectives between show organizers (sell tickets to show) and pinball companies (promote and sell their product), but it seems the idea of debuting new products or breaking information to a room of however many people and not consider the greater world outside the doors (Pinside gets what 3000-4000 per day) extremely small thinking and not how to run a successful company.

This analogy doesn't fit. Apple product launches are launching Apple products. These are events primarily for the press. Speakers at pinball shows are primarily for the enjoyment of show patrons.

Now if a pinball company only used pinball shows to announce products or engage with customers, then sure, this is very small thinking on their part.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#3684 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Yeah, I think we're in agreement here and this is what I'm getting at. There seems to be an outdated philosophy with debuting games and news at shows, where all the effort is put into traveling to the show and no consideration to the internet waiting for the news. So we're left with poor cellphone photos and videos, and second hand reports of what was said.
As a Pinside guy who doesn't get to out to shows, I've seen this play out time and time again.
That's why I made my comment with advice for DP, they've already made this mistake before at the last Expo and there was serious negative blow back from their existing customer base and they are at a critical time of managing their customers carefully.

Right on. For FAST, shows act as a rallying point. Something we assign some certain goals we would like to achieve by, and then spend time with friends, old and new, in person.

There is a level of engagement that you get from a show that you will never get from an online stream, but again, that isn't the point. Information to the masses is important. Which reminds me, I really need to update our website!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

1 week later
#3902 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Your definition of pre-order is a lot more loose than mine. If I pay for something, I expect to get it NOW - a fair exchange of $$ for a product. If I pay now, but don't get my product until later - that's pre-ordering. In your example, if I pay now and it goes into production in May - I may not get it 'till June...maybe July.....maybe even August. I most certainly consider that pre-ordering.

This sounds like "ordering." You order a meal and it's delivered to you when it's prepared. You order new countertops and they are prepared, delivered and installed.

In the case of "ordering," you are are not paying for it to be conceived and have manufacturing and production figured out. You are paying for something and getting what you paid for in an acceptable time period.

I think pinball "pre-ordering" is dead. I expect "ordering" to stick around for those who don't abuse it.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

7 months later
#6316 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Quarterworld in Portland. Amazing barcade btw - I think they have 35 pins, tons of amazing vids too. Their Lebowski #35 has a slight delay on the right flipper when lowering, and the upper playfield flipper sometimes didn't work. But overall it was still an amazing machine...just a shame how it all went down. I'd prob still like one down the road, but I won't pay scalper prices for an existing one and I wouldn't pre-order until there is proof that this China experiment isn't bullshit. So, if all goes well and everyone gets their games, that means 2nd hand prices won't be bonkers and I'll grab one in a few years when people sell 'em off.

I saw the flipper action you described the other night while we were playing at Quarterworld.

Great to see the game in the wild, though. It is so pretty. I personally love the dot treatment applied to the LCD content.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 22.50
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 210.00
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fastpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=fastpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.