(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,280 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Cojua88
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider estrader.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9103 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Assuming they sell through these TBLs, there will be 80 or 90 out there, bringing it closer to Alien numbers in terms of a self-supporting community of owners.
I don't know what the state of Alien code is, but from playing TBL a couple of dozen times at TPF, the code felt pretty complete to me. Of course there's no comparison to Alien where the coder is actively engaging with the owners on Pinside. But if I were a buyer I'd be more worried about hardware failures than about the code.

they gone

#9136 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

shipping from Europe was through CT in the original scheme... see https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/52#post-3460909

My wager is the 40 games are being shipped via container to CT... some are allocated to Nitro, the rest to CT.

I bet they open the games to see if there is corrosion and make certain they flip before the games leave the warehouse in Europe. Then after confirmed to be playable they will be shipped one at a time via air directly to the individual purchaser.

Guessing this shipping starts first week or two of August.

#9315 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The 40 pins are the property of ARA. So I don’t see how this would play out any different in the US. The pins are effectively being sold by ARA through DP and CT. ARA was the debtor that won their lawsuit.

ARA was not the debtor. The don’t owe anyone anything.

1 week later
#9463 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I feel bad for all that invested money in TBL pin . But very curious where the game’s end up

same here...but if you can get one from cointaker is there a reason to turn it down?

2 weeks later
#9980 4 years ago

So when do these games make it stateside and into peoples homes?

#10046 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

That’s a cool story and all, except, as usual completely uninformed. My game and 19 others will ship today.

what about the other 20?????????

#10160 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

but its not "sinking the ship your on".....anyone with a brain and a basic calculator can see the ship is already sunk. Legal action can force further resolution. this inaction is just a sad resignation and a false hope. Again - the Zidware ship had sunk...now look....all of those people are getting cash or free games from Deeproot. It doesn't hurt to TRY!! so what gives? again I say, what is this sad Stockholm syndrome like behavior that leaves blind faith in the hand of known liars, cheats and criminals?? If watching YOUR game get sold off to someone else at a premium price doesn't call you to action or inspire some sort of engagement...nothing will....its a really interesting study on human psychology really. very very hard to explain rationally what is going on here. Some people are OVERJOYED at the moment unboxing new games and boasting to the world, others are deeper and deeper in the hole but seemingly unwilling or uninspired to do anything about it.

There is a point when you start throwing good money after bad.

#10170 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Is Cointaker giving anything to the EA’s from his profit in this scam?
Maybe Cointaker can donate his Profit to the EAs.
That would help the EAs recover pennies on the dollar .
Not offering the EA’s first shot at games is lazy
Not offering the EA’s the profit is heartless

Blaming cointaker is lazy. There are 40 games and how many EA’s? There is no fair way to do this as someone gets burned either way. What about the people that had deposit with cointaker for years that wouldn’t get their game. Now cointaker should work for free because people that didn’t order a game through them got burned?

People took a risk and it didn’t work out because of Dutch pinball. Not Ara and for sure not cointaker.

#10199 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

DP owns the rights/ code etc... for TBL
DP has to pay ARA for loosing court case.. Judge didn’t award the Pinball’s to ARA - they awarded €€€€ in which DP had to pay.
Only way DP could settle was to come to an arrangement with ARA to release games to sell to get them their money..
Did ARA contact CT.. Don’t think so,
DP contacted CT to get one financial transaction for the pins... far less
Messy..

So it seems one batch has landed in the states, when does the second batch arrive?

#10224 4 years ago

Are there any more unboxing photos? Shouldnt the second batch buyers be receiving theirs shortly?

2 weeks later
#10527 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am not sure my opinion of Cointaker will ever be the same after this. Sure, they can come on here and say "we are just doing our job", but the fact of the matter is that they were complicit in selling games off that were paid for and designated for EA's with EA numbers physically attached to them. They fact that CT is so nonchalant about it really bugs me.

Why is this even a cointaker issue? This is Dutch pinball screwing people. That’s the start and end of the story.

#10538 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

What fee did you get for each of the 40 games sold? How much will you get for future games sold? I think everyone here is interested in transparency. People in this thread are claiming you are making nothing from this. You say you have 3 EA machines due to you... I'm curious to know where you are in the balance after collecting fees on EA games sold to new buyers.

Cointaker has a very good reputation for a reason. I have asked a couple of other distributors and the guy who works on my machines and they all have great things to say about cointaker. They are a business and Melissa works very hard even answering the phone on nights and weekends to handle questions or fix problems.

Its terrible two posters basically come in here and try to tarnish a reputable business.

#10540 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

It still makes no sense that the EA's were not given the first chance at buying these 40. Then they could be the ones flipping these to make themselves whole since no one else is going to do that. It would have taken, what...2-3 days to go down the list and at least offer that to them?

Think through the problems. What about the people who had a deposit with cointaker since 2016? What happens when more then 40 ea's want the game as there are over 100 that still need a game? There is no easy/good way to accomplish any of this without people feeling slighted.

#10601 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I thought someone once said that "making pinball is hard"? I've always considered this every time the next great boutique company announces their plans. Someone is going to make Predator in his basement, send money. I'll pass. JPOP is making games, send money. I'll pass. Alien pinball is being made, send money. I'll pass. This brings us to Mr. Lebowski and guess what? I passed. I haven't lost one preorder dollar because I work hard for my money and I'm not going to lose it to vaporware by financing someone with no experience manufacturing who wants to make a pinball machine. With the various issues that the established manufacturers experience, why would you send money to anyone who doesn't have the experience? You know what someone else once said? "A fool and his money are soon parted."
That being said, some of you tools bring CoinTaker into this? CoinTaker has been nothing short of a stellar vendor/distributor who continues to innovate and provide reliably to this community year after year. Melissa and Chris have always had their clients' backs and were smart enough to hold the customers monies in escrow until their customers' games were ready. Yeah, let's pile on one of the most respected vendors/distributors in the hobby because some people sent Dutch Pinball their money directly (wow, this complicates matters...sending money internationally and then attempting to sue a foreign entity, doesn't it?) and Dutch Pinball didn't deliver. I guess that's Coin Taker's fault, too? If someone had to have the latest, greatest boutique game and didn't think through where they were sending thousands of dollars, that's NOT CoinTaker's fault. It sucks people didn't get their games but they also were extremely careless with their money because they were blinded by their obsession with this hobby. They need to look in the mirror and the rest of you SJWs need to stop pointing the finger at CoinTaker.
These games were going to be sold regardless to satisfy DP's debt with ARA and guess what? Pinball collectors were going to buy them and some would get flipped for a profit. That's the way the world works. It's not ARA or CoinTaker's responsibility to make EAs whole. It's also not the responsibility of those collectors who ultimately took delivery of these games. That responsibility solely lies on DP. That's where the finger needs to be pointed not at the distributor who delivered games for their customers.

Pinside post of the year.

#10605 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

You need to raise your standards....

The well thought out and educated response from tktlwyr speaks for itself...try reading it again with an unbiased opinion.

#10750 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I heard that too. I cant believe anyone would have backed out considering they can easily sell at a HUGE margin. It is a zero-risk / huge reward situation for those who can stomach the bad press of being a flipper on the machine under the circumstances. You cant get that kind of return with zero risk anywhere else!

There is always risk. Especially more in this situation when dealing with a known scammer. Plus there is no guarantee of being able to sell the game.

#10784 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

If you can explain what he's done to make him a crook then your words might have some weight behind them... any chance of you doing that?
If you're not up to it, any of your thumbs-uppers to you troll post care to elaborate?

Where’s the ea money pinballslave?

#10789 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think you meant to type 40 games. The second batch was paid for again with New money. He was broke long before that.

See now we are getting somewhere.

#10790 4 years ago

I don't know exactly... lawyers fees, payment for the first 95 games plus the 1/2 million euros worth of parts, setting up the Chinese production, promotional events, licencing... and some bottles of Kahlua I guess...

I thought the money was gone before the lawyers got involved. I’d imagine there are some pretty pissed off people (I know I would be) that had 8500 stolen from them who were promised a game. You and the Guns N’ Roses guy can downvote me all you want but the fact remains people paid 8500 for a game and Dutch pinball didn’t deliver them and sold those same games again for 12,500.

#10867 4 years ago

I guess we will see how serious Barry is about making more of this game depending on code updates. If there aren’t any more code updates I would say he is only going to make enough to use the parts he has on hand at most. However if the code gets to basically finished I would think it’s safe to say he will continue as a going concern.

#10872 4 years ago

My view would be that if he's serious about making more games then code updates will be a lower priority than getting the production going...

My view would be that if he's serious about making more games then code updates will be a lower priority than getting the production going...

That sucks more than not getting a TBL after paying for it!

How many more people are going to buy without the code updates? If Barry builds more it waters down the rarity effect and without code updates the game is not complete so asking people to pay 12.5 for a game that all of a sudden isnt rare without code updates is a tough sell.

Is not like Dutch pinball is stern or jersey jack where you know code updates are coming and these more proven companies will get the code updates complete(unless you’re a ghostbusters or potc owner).

#10879 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The game was coded a long time ago. This is not a new game. The programmer is GONE, but is the code complete? Is there a wizard mode? Does everything work? If there are existing bugs or features missing I would agree the game needs code updates but that's not been stated anywhere I read.

What do you I mean by the programmer is “gone”?

The wizard mode and some mystery modes are not code is my understanding. I’m sure there is probably other stuff I don’t know about yet.

4 weeks later
#11079 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Current code is thin, fingers crossed there's an update in the future.

I would say the code update would indicate that Barry is serious about making Dutch Pinball and TBL work. Without the code update he is only looking to make a few games to get rid of what he has for the most money possible.

3 weeks later
#11113 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So its been over a month since this game was delivered. Have there been any other batches since barry went in-house?

What was the special extras included and have they been received?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider estrader.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.