(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,279 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Scotty_K
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8525 5 years ago

Wonder why no one is mentioning the fact that the rights might be purchasable by another company? If dutch is bankrupt their assets go up for sale. If someone buy's the rights they can make the game without the need for the R&D. Now, the license with universal may transfer or it might have to be repurchased, but this seems more likely than a bankrupt dutch finding a new manufacturer and the funds to build more themselves.

6 months later
#9087 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Ok so they are releasing the games that have been sitting at $12,500.
Do we have enough interest to sell the next 100 games beyond that at $12,500 also?
What about the code? Any further development on this? To be honest, I thought the code was good when I played one years ago but I've heard from owners that it needs more?

I reached out to cointaker and would be a buyer at 12.5 on the current lot. Its gambling that they never get made again. Problem is cointaker is only doing wire transfer or check and I am not sitting on 12.5k. In other words no cc. I know I can quickly get the funds by selling a few from my collection, but don't want to risk selling games that are hard to get only for the 40 to sell out before I pay. So I am out.

If the game gets back into production? No way I'd pay 12.5. Not sure I'd pay 9. At that point its just another production game and I'd be more likely to sit and wait for a used one.

#9089 4 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

So coin taker confirms the rumors? Did they happen to say anything about alien?

Have you been reading this thread? As for alien I did not ask, nor care. Already own it.

#9091 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Hmm, wire transfer/check only...yeah that clouds things a bit....

Well, I get that coin taker doesn't want fee's. On the flipside it knocks out a lot of buyers because 12.5 grand is not something many of us have sitting around. On the other hand couple no interest credit cards and a few pins to sell? Very doable.

#9093 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Paying with a CC also gives you additional recourse if something goes wrong with a purchase. I don't think it is about the fees.

Lot of companies take cc when buying pins though. Cointaker has also been good about refunding deposits on this title already.

#9096 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

My guess is that if Cointaker takes your CC for a TBL and you later dispute the charge or want to return the machine or address any kind of issue through your card holder rights, it will be Cointaker that is on the hook.
They are wise not to expose themselves in that manner on behalf of DP.
It's just a guess though. Offer 3% above $12,500 to cover the fee and that will tell you. It's just another $375.

I have debated it. The 375 doesn't bother me one bit tbh.

#9106 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If you are serious about buying a TBL, the cost is $12.5k. This is the cheapest they will ever be sold for, while supplies last.

That is debatable. they may go up, they may go down. Hard to tell.

#9118 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

How much will they be worth when they don't work and no replacement parts are available?

Which is why I said debatable. Parts availability/repair knowledge has historically kept some titles value low. Mystery Castle,AG Soccerball/USA Football for alvin g. Pinball Magic is another. DE/Sega large and small dmd games.

Essentially if it is perceived as hard to get parts for or difficult to maintain it hurts the value. Alien suffers from this a bit. Full Throttle really suffers from it.

#9123 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Perhaps the best comparison is, if they only get between 80 to 90 machines out, Big Bang Bar?

Bar had what 20 something protos and over 200 of the remakes? Its on part with the likes of Mystery Castle or Alien. Bar parts availability (even in the mid 2000s when gene sat on all the capcom stuff) was better than alvin g ever was. Repair knowledge was much higher than alvin g. Alien is similar in production numbers claimed (although i do question it), but its not as reliable. If it weren't for a few dedicated in the community it would probably be worth well under 10k because once it breaks you'd be sol.

3 weeks later
#9590 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

There would be a market for future TBL production at $10,000 a unit.
Special Editions like a Jesus Edition, Walter Edition, etc. probably could be sold for $12,500.
Then there's the decontented edition. Remove the bowling alley, upper playfield, and rug bash toy, no chrome trim, no rug, and a basic translite. That could sell for $7,500 to $8,000 per unit.

disagree. I would have been in for 12.5 if i could have used a cc as I didn't have 12.5 in cash sitting around that day. If they only built 100 more I'd debate buying one at 10, but if it made it to regular production no way I'd pay 10 in its current form. At that points its not rare and frankly there are better games for the money. Design wise its a little dated already compared to the latest machines coming out.

#9677 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

You really shouldn’t post when you clearly have no idea about the facts from those that purchased one of the 40. You aren’t being reassured because you didn’t buy one. Those that did, know what assurances are available.

I looked at buying one. There were no assurances. You can buy a highly desireable 12.5k machine that was it. There was no assurance that parts would be available. The guy had a point, you don't.

#9953 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Maybe the ARA paperwork shows inventory of 250 bowling alleys. It only when those boxes are opened and inspected that it is learned they actually contains 250 rugs, marinating in urine.
TBL is irrelevant without the bowling alley. It is the unique toy. If Walter never says F it Dude, let’s go go bowling - what would you have?
That said, I could see a pro version selling. With smaller boardset and without the bowling alley mech which sells for $2k less. Also make more TBL with smaller boards and bowling alley and call that hybrid the LE.

Good luck with that. a 10k pro model? Won't sell. If this were in regular production for 10k today it would probably be received rather cooly. Some would buy it for the theme, but many would probably look at it and pass as there are other games for less that offer too many features. It pulls 12.5k right now because it is rare, that is it. Same with Alien.

4 weeks later
#10558 4 years ago

Interesting news, but 500 machines at 12.5k? Don't see it. 40 machines at 12.5k after 20 were released in the us and a low chance it ever gets made again? Sure.

500? Not a chance. Market doesn't bear it for any other game. Even things like CCC which we know will never happen again or TRON LE which most likely won't happen again don't support that pricing. BBB had less than half that number made and if it had been silly expensive up front it would have never been funded.

If they manage to get this back in production I am betting they run out of buyers. Too much money for not enough game.

4 weeks later
#10947 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Here is another picture.. Games being boxed tomorrow ready for pick up[quoted image]

So much for the tbl seller saying there is only a 10 percent chance of anymore getting made.

#10955 4 years ago
Quoted from Slash:

What’s to say the parts that were acquired from ARA didn’t include partially finished machines. For all anyone knows there could have been a couple of games that were already 50% or 80%/90% built? This may be what we are seeing being finished off.
The real test will be when machines have to be made from complete scratch and how long one of those takes to be made.

True but any more machines that get released will affect the value of the existing machines. Say 25 more get made, that is still 25 percent increase in the population

1 year later
#12272 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Agreed - the commentary in their review was really good but the rating is definitely not making sense or aligning with the high praise. This is already a top 10 game with current code - it’s as deep or deeper than any Bally Williams ever made as it sits.

Except bw games were never super deep. Stern raised thst bar starting eith tspp and lotr. Since then we have seen ever evolving rulesets.

Not sayong tbl is bad, but comparing it to bw which ceased to exist 2 decades ago is not a useful metric.

1 month later
#12516 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Anyone whose not paid in full really aught to just grab one of the games for sale now. I mean it looks like the second hand price is dropping / equalizing with NIB so either demand is slowing or interest is all shifted to GNR now or something? If you want a game now it’s a no brainer to grab the one for 13k that Includeds extras!

Disagree. I have been on the fence for a year now about buying one. Do not see the point in paying more for a used game. I get no warranty. No nib experience. If I have issues its my problem. If it was out of production that is an entirely different story, but if the only barrier is going on a wait list? Nope.

The other is the price has dropped and will most likely continue to do so. The supply is going up. Its clear dp isn't done making them and isn't likely to implode like initially thought.

Lastly, now the newer ones are improved. If I am buying I'd rather not have an older one. If it is an older one I won't pay as much as the ones with updated fixes.

3 months later
#12933 3 years ago

Looking at joining the preorder club tonight. I too have an alien, but have not played TBL. Mostly doing it because I want the theme. Have never played the game.

#12941 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Does anybody have any concerns with the latest Alien promo video? There was music playing OVER the gameplay, which can't be a good sign. No music, no sounds, and the gameplay was chopped up and there was no display shown if I remember correctly.
I love Alien and of course I love the price too, but that promo gave me more concerns than confidence. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I knew it could be built correctly.
TBL on the other hand is definitely moving in the right direction. Production seems to be increasing and code is being updated. My confidence rises with each new batch delivered to buyers. I hope they continue to sell well and I'd even consider buying their next game if dp was to create another.

At what point where there not concerns? This is a group of people who could not keep the original game in production despite demand.

This is a design where the electronics in the original are abysmal. I say this as someone who has owned Full Throttle (just sold) and an early alien that has been converted to the later hardware.

This coming from a preorder which led buyers to believe that they were ready to be shipped, and would be shipped by Q1. Here we are at the end of Q1 and they still cannot show a full gameplay video.

What part of the new Alien doesn't scream trainwreck?

1 month later
#13038 2 years ago

19k?
I'm content with someone giving me 6.5k to wait a few months for a TBL.

I refused to pay 15k to skip the line. Waiting isn't that big a deal. Have the cash in the bank for whenever my number comes up too.

1 week later
#13052 2 years ago
Quoted from waywinn:

Hi all,
I'm just giving everyone some dates as well so people have a general idea of wait times. My Big Lebowski is on the way and is part of the shipment that was shipped on May 8th, according to the invoice that was sent.
5/2/2020 -> I initially placed the order and paid the $1,000 deposit.
4/26/2021 -> Received the final invoice on this day and paid in full.
I will notify people when I get the pin in my possession. I'm thinking it might be sometime in early or middle June but we will see.

Timelines like this really make me wonder...
Ordered: 03-23-2021

I emailed cointaker yesterday and was told I am 5 months out. It seems, off.

#13056 2 years ago

This falls in line with what I was told and I ordered about a week before you did.

My concern is that there are multiple people that have said that cointaker will tell them one thing, but the reality will be different. Am I concerned that I will get ripped off? No, but I am concerned that in 5 months I am not going to be seeing a game. Something tells me that it is going to take longer than 8 months.

4 weeks later
#13119 2 years ago

Well guys I canceled my order. I was told 8 months from the start. 3 months in I checked and was told I was 5 months out. Hearing that people are at a year and a half to just pay in full and I think there are better things I can do with my funds.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 210.00
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.