(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_spaceman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#104 9 years ago

Thanks for the pic. Still waiting on a new newsletter which feels a little....overdue, but it's something. Hopefully it's the slow trickle before the update floodgates open.

1 month later
#314 8 years ago

Been too afraid to get excited about this given all the other (j) flops in the pinball world lately. Dare I say my hopes are getting up now. Keep the updates coming DP. Don't break my heart. Go Dutch!

3 months later
#540 8 years ago

I'd be really disappointed if the apron didn't have the cut stars. They really tie the game together. Seriously, keep the rug DP, but give me the stars. Let's just hope the aprons in the pic aren't what wind up in the game.

Anyone else notice the Wrestlemania translite to the left in the pic with the 2 cabs?

3 weeks later
#628 8 years ago

Was there any good news from this presentation? Could anyone that attended comment on the mood or demeanor during and following the announcements? They fielded questions so surely someone asked about solid delivery dates, apron, song clarification, etc. The only firsthand account I've seen is from pinball news. Reading this thread right now is depressing after hoping for excitement.

Also, if you read this DP, please respond to emails.

#631 8 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Production model will be at the Dutch Pinball Open next month.

Yeah, but with the way things are trending it might just be a zizzle. A premium price should deliver a premium machine. DP need to be upfront about this stuff, and prove that the reward for being a "True Believer" isn't getting boned.

#637 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Has anything been updated since last Expo?

If by updated you mean the removal of key elements, then sadly the answer seems to be yes.

#646 8 years ago

Right now I'd settle for a company that communicates with its customers.

#652 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Did no one ask about the fucking apron or when production is to begin or if film clips and call outs have been approved or when we can expect to see the game shipping?

Pinsider Skins covered some of those in this thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/from-expo-no-licensed-songs

#730 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

TBL is moving forward but I am tired of being fukd around. This is all good stuff but should have been done or at least discussed before missing pushed dates on when they would be in our home.

Feel the same here. I'd love to stay positive, but there have been a number of missteps from DP along the way, and the excuses don't always ring true in my opinion. Dropping a bomb like the song removal after already missing 2 promised shipping dates does not instill me with confidence. If the "master" Roger Sharpe set them straight on the music wouldn't he have done that over 9 months ago? Why are we just hearing that now? Please explain the picture with music approved stamped on his forehead. Modding the clips afterwards might be a solution, but my $8500 went to a licensed game with an impressive song list.

How far along is the code? Is it really just a circuit board redesign we're waiting on? If so, why was the code so incomplete at expo? Are the protos out of date, or is there some other reason? I certainly don't want to have another promised shipping date missed, but not providing at least a rough estimate sounds like a stall tactic to me. "We can't give a date but we're close" is a nonsense statement that puts no pressure on them to deliver. The dates don't seem to matter anyway, but it at least puts some pressure on them. (PRE)Production games will be at DPO. Guess that is something to look forward to, but after the expo flop I have limited expectations.

It was nice to have a NSNL with some real information, but I'm a little burnt out on the process. Maybe I'm being very Undude not rolling along with this, but it feels like we never get the full story. The game is already late, and their expo was a debacle. It was supposed to be a victory lap not a firey crash.
I want to believe, but can't shake the nagging doubt.

#734 8 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

You can always get your money back before it ships. If you're having doubts, do what it takes to make you sleep comfortably at night. It's only a game.

Can I? It was my understanding the full refund time period has passed. Of course a lot has changed so I don't see why that shouldn't as well. I've asked DP about refund options and am awaiting a response which should come soon. Part of my irritation is due to the thought 100% refund might not be offered, but I guess I'll find out.

To be clear I'm not sure I want out yet, but I'd like to know my options. Also, there is nothing wrong with asking tough questions at this point. DP should be able to answer them. If they can't we should all be concerned. I want this game to succeed as much as anyone else in on this.

3 months later
#1055 8 years ago

Very positive indeed! That is more like it.

1 month later
#1155 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

We're long overdue for a meaningful look at code progress.

Agreed. We're actually long overdue for having machines in houses and bars. I'm ok with that for now as long it seems like meaningful progress is being made, but how would we know? Sure would be nice if DP could finally get this communication thing down. Where are we at?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1200 8 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I cannot stress how disappointed I would be that they keep each rug mode random. How utterly terrible and lazy. Each mode is exactly the same then and wouldn't feel at all like actual modes. TOTAL LETDOWN!

Yeah I can't believe that the rug modes will remain in that state. No way they'd dedicate the rug mech (a centerpiece of the game) and the entire middle of the playfield with the rug inserts just as an excuse to show videos and repeat random shots? Please tell that isn't the case. Hopefully we'll hear a little more from DP on this soon.

Shoot, just steal ideas from other games.
Rug Pisser mode - Bash rug up the middle for increasing point totals. Like bull dozer in Road Show.
Walter Beating in Larry's neighbors car - 100 switch hits in limited time to score a bonus similar to Bonesaw in Spider-Man
Etc, etc.

Those ideas aren't outstanding but they are miles better than repeating random shots over and over again. No way DP can be happy with that, right? Have to believe those are placeholders, but they did not indicate that as far as I can tell.

#1209 8 years ago

Yeah, I'd take a No New Sh*+ Newsletter at this point just to know they didn't forget my email. They were scheduled to have 20 production machines up by now. How can there be nothing to report?

Fingers crossed for tomorrow as Friday's seem to usually be the day. Toes are crossed that there is actually some meaningful information in the next one like some more details about the code progression. Ahem.. RUG MODES!

2 weeks later
#1275 8 years ago

Coitus ruins everything

Congrats on the family expansion Hensbrooker!

1 year later
#5878 6 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Keep drinking white Russians and maybe you'll forget you lost all that money.
You dudes need a reality check.

Does this comment make you feel good or bad about yourself? If it's the former you may need the reality check.

Of course there is a long road ahead for this to work, and it might not. There have been some promising updates combined with better communication from DP so things are looking a little better. We've at least got dates now that can serve as benchmarks that confirm if this newfound hope is legit or more smoke. Time will tell.

4 months later
#6528 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The nerve! How dare I make a reference from the movie in the ad.

To be fair you did not use the preferred nomenclature. Wu is clearly an Asian-American, please.

1 week later
#6566 6 years ago

Predicting delivery dates is only “impossible” if you have no idea what is happening. I’ve had some cautious optimism about one day actually getting my TBL. These guys appear to be making things move along, but that statement takes a big dump on that optimism. You have engineering samples so the bill of materials should be set. You know what parts are needed, where to get them, how much they cost, and how long it takes to build with an inexperienced team that should only get faster. What is missing to give delivery estimates?

I’d guess the missing element is funding which needs to be supplemented by new orders that also need to be built. If there was strong confidence that will not be a problem we should have dates. An approach like building 10 new orders and then a couple early achievers would be nice and is predictable. We don’t have dates.

4 months later
#7231 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

My link isn't working any longer and I'm getting this message:
"The page url you are visiting is not correct or the order has been closed."

Same message here

3 years later
#13832 2 years ago

Anyone know the last Early Achiever number to go out? Scrolled back and it looked to be somewhere around 70. That update at all?

6 months later
#14220 1 year ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Every time you mention an EA getting shipped, an angel gets its wings...

As someone who is like 60+ EA’s away I need a damn angel fleet to take flight already. Maybe my grandkids can enjoy this game. I’ll certainly take progress news though. Thanks Rensh!

1 month later
#14301 1 year ago

Anyone know where the shipped EA count is at? Last I heard was low 90’s end of September.

4 months later
#14495 1 year ago

Anyone know the latest EA number to go out?

2 months later
#14727 10 months ago
Quoted from bnkbryan:

You are the 2nd person who I have seen post here that ordered later then me and has posted receiving an invoice.
My order was placed 5/22/2022 and still no invoice.

If it makes you feel any better I was invoiced in like 2014(I can’t even remember) and still no game

Hoping that changes soon though and it wouldn’t be possible without others jumping in. Hope you hear something soon.

5 months later
#15107 5 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Then, switches. It’s something I see remarked more and is a little bit puzzling for me. Need to get to the bottom of it. As mciroswitches we use original DB5 so they should be fine.
Which switches were it? Standup or roll over? Did you have to adjust multiple times?
And yes, general consensus is also that after the breaking-in period it stabilizes.

Got my EA Lebowski earlier this week and finally got it into the basement. Super excited!

I’m also experiencing some switch issues in early play. On startup the right flipper had a stuck closed error. The opto isn’t registering properly. Unsurprisingly in play the right flipper flutters and sticks on occasion. Put a few games on it anyway and then had 5 total issues pop up and all were stuck closed stand up targets. 2 under White Russian, the right lock and the right Nihlist. I’ll be getting a switch gap tool as well but they are not holding the gaps

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

15,000 (OBO)
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_spaceman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=dr_spaceman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.