(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9067 4 years ago

So if I'm reading this correctly ARA won a judgment and this is more of an asset liquidation.

If thats the case it sound like these were awarded to ARA in the judgment as settlement for unpaid debt.
That's not stealing a machine from anybody.

Thats like getting a divorce and your wife ends up with your pins and you calling the guy who buys them off her a thief.

#9203 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

If we’re talking about being fair, why aren’t the Cointaker deposit holders getting the games like Nitro has claimed to be doing?

Quoted from CoinTaker:

If you currently have a deposit with CoinTaker, you will get one of these games at the new price. We still hold your funds, as they were not sent to DP.

#9316 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

ARA was not the debtor. The don’t owe anyone anything.

I think he meant debtee (I.E. creditor)

#9365 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

No one should give a pinball company pre-order money ever again. That policy works for the company but not the customer. Just say never again no how tempting. If a company doesn’t have enough money to manufacture good reason not to trust them

No shit, thats like advising somebody to look both ways after they have already been hit by a car.

2 weeks later
#9710 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Unless you are prepared to pay 20k+ I wouldn’t wait on one coming for sale. Some will, but most will stay at home.

Only time and greed will tell.
I'm betting more people wind up flipping them than you think.

#9741 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

DP continues to shoot from the hip, making dumbass decisions. Selling these games at 12,500 when they were already changing hands at 20k is just more of the Dumb and Dumber show.
So many opportunities to make this work missed. They have succeeded in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

A couple of machines traded at 20k in a period of uncertainty as to how many machines would enevitably be released. This is by no means an indicator that 40 machines could be sold and absorbed into the market at the same level. Also some of those machines sat for a while and did not emediately sell at 20k.
There is such a thing as market saturation and while some of them may have sold at that level I doubt the majority of them would have sold at 20k(just my opinion).
Keep in mind that in 2018 you could have bought one of these for around the 12,500 asking price (give or take). It was only in the last year these peaked in price. I just don’t see that price being sustainable when the known population of the game is doubling.

#9823 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

CT has seen the entire ruling and I trust Melissa as she wouldn’t lie to me about it.

Would she even know what the documents say?
I would have to assume the court proceedings are in Dutch.
Serious question.

#9825 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

This isn't a serious question. If you're spending $500K to buy games from the Netherlands, you can spend a few hundred to hire an impartial translator.

So you're saying that was done?
And yes, actually it was a serious question.

#9885 4 years ago

It seems I am limited as to how many down votes I can give in a certain time period?
I had no idea.

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 8.30.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-06 at 8.30.58 PM (resized).png
#9892 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Personally think CT or Nitro should not sell him a machine for being such a dick..
Then he would feel what us EAs feel about ALMOST having a TBL... now that would be Karma.. cointaker how about it!

Hell, I would chip in $500 if he pulled it and offered to an EA.

#9989 4 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

To be clear - I think the people buying the games with the intent to flip them SUCK.
It's their right to do it, but it sucks.

Yep, $12,500 can apparently buy you a machine, but it can't buy you class.

#9991 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Did anyone see this?
ebay.com link
Let me be super clear NO PINBALL GAME IS WORTH $30,000 no matter how rare! There is no way this person is selling this game for 30k no way in hell! Being an opportunist is perfectly legal in the USA, however to me anyone this is in the category of the goof asking for 50k for a back to the future. LOL
Just think for a cool $80,000 you could have a Big Lebowski and Back to the Future off of Ebay! Boy if you pulled that off you'd be the talk of pinside. LOL

I would just like to reiterate my above post "$12,500 can apparently buy you a machine, but it can't buy you class."

#9998 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Do you watch pawn stars? What do they do in every single show? They buy stuff for less than its worth to flip. What do car lots do... they offer you less for your car than its worth so they can resell it for a profit. What do banks do... they loan you money for a house and when its all said and done they get back like three times the investment. The list goes on... its a pinball game.
If you ran across a barn find classic car, wouldn't you buy it if you knew you could flip it for a ton more? If you heard thru a friend that some guy has a pinball machine in their basement they want removed... wouldn't you go take a look hoping it was some mint condition big bang bar? If the guy said yeah just want to move out this old thing, then said I'd take 1500 are you going to seriously turn around and say no let me get you 15,000.
We have to keep things in perspective here... its a pinball game. If people want to buy them, and flip them there is nothing you can do about it.
Life goes on! I will say people should buy the game because they want the game, I want the game. But people can do whatever they want its their choice.
I will say this however until I'm dead NO PINBALL is worth $30k, just like Beatles isn't worth 25k. But if some really dumb people pay it oh well... the world is full of dumb people. LOL

I've been on Pawn Stars.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10001 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Seriously what did you sell... do you have a clip on youtube? I want to see it!
Did you sell a pinball, I've seen pinballs on there several times.

This helped fund a Monsterbash LE

#10004 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Wait a minute- you “bought it to resell it because you got it at a good deal”.
Smells like flipping!

LOL, I buy and sell rare coins for a living.
Have been doing so for 25 years.
There is no such thing as buying a new ancient coin for resale.

2 weeks later
#10327 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Seems 40 people thought it was worth 12,500.....

Including a couple of people who have proven themselves to be complete morons, so there is that.

#10331 4 years ago
Quoted from joeagnew86:

It’s one of those games that you don’t really want to get rid of, hence the high pprice. If I ever do sell it, it’s going to be for a price that doesn’t make me regret it. It’s about the film itself as much as it’s about the novelty and quality of the machine. I’d wager I’m one of the biggest dude fans out there, owning everything from signed balls to pins to the BL rug to (of course) a good Westerly so we’ll see what happens. I very well might pull it down soon.

GTFO with that.
You just got it, haven't even taken it out of the box and you listed immediately for sale at 45k.
Have you even ever played one of these?

#10350 4 years ago

I've been thinking about this a lot in lieu of current events.
Now that ARA is supposedly made whole, Dutch Pinball is reportedly in possession with all these parts (supposedly enough to build a couple hundred machines).
It seems the biggest equation so solve here would be how to make the EA whole in a way that makes economic sense.
If they don't have the funds to start manufacturing these again, what about other alternatives?

Maybe I'm way off base as I haven't put that much thought into the logistics, but what if they shipped the EAs all the parts in the cabinet to build their machine as a kit?
Sure, it would be a lot of work on the EAs part, but seems like it would be worth it.
If you paid $8500 up front, the last 40 games sold out at $12,500 so there is economic as well as the emotional incentive to do it.
They could ship a cabinet with everything included to put the game together at home.
It might take you a few weeks to a few months or longer depending on your skillset, but at least they would get something.
Or if there is a good pinball tech in your area, I'm sure they would put it together for you for around the cost of a restore or full tear down shop job.

With really good instructions you would only need a basic knowledge of tool and soldering.
I know its not the ideal situation, but I was running scenarios though my head and thought of this.

2 weeks later
#10755 4 years ago

Is the new price 12,500 U.S. Dollars? Or Euros?
I see people using both in their posts.
Just looking for clarifications.

3 weeks later
#10953 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I’ve never seen someone put buttons on the cabinet before the decals. Something isn’t right here..

The decals are on the cabinet.
Scroll up to post 10923 and it’s a side/angular view of the same machine in post 10936.

#10971 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Game boxed up and being picked up tomorrow[quoted image][quoted image]

Well that’s encouraging to see.

#11054 4 years ago

It's "early achiever", not "early adopter" which is a play on Mr. Lebowski's little "urban achievers" from the film.
Just sayin.

1 month later
#11206 4 years ago
Quoted from Junkhauler:

I have a Bowl O Rama in my collection and its the best bowling game i have played...
It hands down gets more play than any of my 32 stand up Arcade games and my 5 Pins when a bunch gather in my arcade for beers...
Two of my other pin buddies bought one for there game room after playing mine...
My big plan was to have my Bowl O Rama next to my TBL with my little Kahlua Neon hanging above.... got close... E.A. #66 still waiting ......[quoted image][quoted image]

There is a guy that modded this and customized it to The Big Lebowski Bowl O Rama.

#11208 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Yup seen this - pretty cool.
Does anyone know if he has a handle on Pinside or elsewhere to private message him?

I'm not sure.
Someone posted a link to this on an arcade forum, which is where I first saw it.
I'm in the process of trying to acquire one of these and would love to have this done to it.

#11210 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

what does one of these sell for?

I think if you can pick up a working one for around a grand its probably a descent deal.
Seems like the market price is in the $1200-$1600 range and they are starting to get harder to find.
The gameplay is fanatic and its really fun.

#11216 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

There is one for sale in Phoenix for $1100

Got a link?

I sort of have a lead on one at the moment. A good friend of mine bought two of them really cheap at one of the recent captains auctions. He’s waiting on some parts from Namco at the moment, but sounds like he might be able to get them both working.

#11240 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Ok !!! I’m in the Bowl O Rama club
A pinsider responded to my wanted ad
and sold me one ,even has dollar bill acceptor. Now if we can just convince the
The creator of the TBL conversion ?
Maybe we can start a list of guys who want this done ?

Thats awesome.
You're gonna really dig the gameplay on this, it's really quite a fun game.

Keep us posted if you have any luck getting the guy to help mod your game.
I heard a rumor that if you send him the hard drive he will do it for some kind of a fee.
Can't confirm if thats true or not, but it seems like it's definitely worth reaching out to him.

I predict this game is going to get really hard to find in the future once people figure out how cool it is.

#11245 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Not even a hard drive. Runs off a usb flash drive.

Maybe I misunderstood the conversation.
Either way, doesn't look like the guy is willing to do it which I can understand.

Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Sorry, not true.

Gotcha, sorry about the disinformation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=coindork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.