(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cobray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3537 7 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

One thing I have to say was that production line with the robots was crazy overkill man especially compared to Conswellia on the Stern line lol
I'd say watch out BBB there's about to be another 20K pin...underwear in the suitcase! lol

HUH?

1 month later
#4519 6 years ago

Great news! Better than what we had. Hopefully we can all move forward (JP and those that have money with them). Maybe I will end up with my TBL after all!

Even with all that's happened, I still want DP to succeed past this and continue producing pinball past TBL and BOP.

4 weeks later
#4702 6 years ago

And in true fashion, IDIOTS are trying to selll their games for $16,800!! LMFAO!!!

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 9.26.59 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-05-05 at 9.26.59 PM (resized).png

4 weeks later
#5026 6 years ago

Are we really to believe that only 2 or 3 of us just want our money/product while the other (what, 200 people) are chanting "DP!, DP!" while we are staring at losing $8500+ of our hard earned cash because we just want DP to pull out of this to "continue producing machines years in the future"? I don't think many of us believe this is probable at this point.

Well I feel that DP needs to do this on their own dime, not ours. The fact that they can't tells me that this is going to be a lose/lose going forward from here.

This dispute started what, 9 months ago.. and there is ZERO progress from that point.

#5050 6 years ago

Probably the most disheartening thing is that DP is only out for themselves, not for the people they took their money from. This is about the FUTURE for them, and not about RIGHT NOW for us.

#5109 6 years ago

It appears that ARA has taken the rights to that video also.

#5111 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

UMPG is Universal Music Publishing Group. Nothing to do with ARA.

It was sarcasm dude. Did you see the smiley face emoji?

1 year later
#8458 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hey Neil
The private thread was set up and I think it is a good idea. It has kept all the bull-shit out, look at the last 15 posts... anything productive, factual been said. Nope, just people giving their opinions, which if they are welcome to do, but I
as an TBL buyer don’t want to have to scroll through all these posts to find there is not 1 FACTUAL thing!
You say about more people getting ripped off. Like who? DP Stopped taking money/ depsosits after this happened. Who else a DP trying to rip off?! No one.. And they have gone on to try and get people their games.
As said another manufacturer was lined up and TBL was ready to go back to into production to get people their games..
It really does surprise me how people overlook this..
Did JPoP do this.. nope, did Heighway do this- the Pinball Bros.. nope.. they just fucked people over..

Jaap was at the Texas Pinball Festival just a year and a half ago and he was pushing the BOP 25th and giving a presentation on the status of TBL... no doubt that the entire trip was paid for out of the pockets of those that had paid for the 200 TBL machines (if not, who?). They were still arrogant enough to be blowing others people money to take all-expense paid trips to conventions that late in the game.

Who are they trying to rip off now? Anyone that would be stupid enough to give them money.. which is no one at this point.

6 months later
#8860 4 years ago

Can Chicago Gaming pick up this license and make it? Serious question. Seems like it would sell well. I'd buy 2.

1 month later
#8955 4 years ago

Maybe Barry has a large life insurance policy on Jaap?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
4 weeks later
#9930 4 years ago

One thing is for sure- this is still a shit show!

#10028 4 years ago

Can I sue to have DP’s Vacation schedule and all the funds they used for leisurely travel and throwing parties?

#10038 4 years ago

Anyone ever been in a car accident where you got hit by a drunk loser who had no insurance and was flat broke and you looked at suing them for rightful damages? Yep, same thing. Can't get something from nothing and you are screwed as far as making the responsible party pay. Guy has moved on to a newer car, now has money, etc, but I can't touch any of it (he keeps everything in his girlfriends name). My only saving grace was my own insurance.

I still have a bad back from the accident just to remind me every so often... I would imagine it's like seeing the DP machines for EA's.

#10044 4 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Has any game been shipped yet to new owner?

Negative. You see this truck right here? It was taken to a warehouse where it was decorated with streamers, paper, and christmas lights, along with a "OOOOO-GA" Horn then promptly driven in the current 3 week Dutch national holiday parade that spans all of the major cities. The kids love it because they throw beads and candy from the top of the truck.

At the end of the 3 weeks, once everyone recovers (approx 3-5 more weeks), they are going to be unboxed and inspected, EA Plaques removed, and reboxed. By then, it will be time for another 2 week holiday. But don't fret, the games will most likely ship out soon after that.

a2c9b6a3ae77cbf264d3a512db92209a5c1e8608 (resized).jpga2c9b6a3ae77cbf264d3a512db92209a5c1e8608 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#10340 4 years ago

Has the second batch been delivered to it's new owners? Kind of an eery silence... I though they were supposed to be delivered late last week or early this week?

1 week later
#10414 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

He said that after building approximately 500 games, that's the point at which all EAs would have their games.

ex0rqf4 (resized).jpgex0rqf4 (resized).jpg
#10420 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Oh yeah, that’ll happen, DP will make 500 pinball games in 60 weeks. Bullshit. Doesn’t Spooky only do 10 games a week, with a dedicated factory and 15 employees or something?
I only listened to 15 minutes of it when I realized none of those dudes were going to ask really hard questions or call Barry out on the previous major lies.

Not to mention all of those Vacations and holidays they will be taking...

4 months later
#11442 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

It's more than 135! I'm 148!

Makes no sense though, the new ones they are building are not numbered starting in the 100's... they were coming in in the 300+ range.

2 weeks later
#11524 4 years ago

I hear people are having problems getting parts from Cointaker... parts for machines that arrived broken or messed up. While this is "through the grapevine", my source is credible and has no bias against DP (or CT).

I have no regrets selling my machine but wish the best for those going forward.

#11528 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

After this news above, I'm having second thoughts about my order. Bad news for the EA's, I guess thats what your saying?
Decided to add it to my house insurance, something happens.. they have the millions to chase it down and sue

I really do hope DP does come through for EA's.. but of course this is about those providing $12,500 for a "NIB game" where the customer assumes the manufacturer is, to some degree, still in production (as slow as it may be) and providing material support (parts and tech support) to the customers and/or Cointaker. There appears to be people that are still waiting for warranty parts from the shipment in August. That's six months. Sure there was time needed to get things ironed out in the first crazy months of DP getting the games, but I don't see any excuse at this point.

#11530 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Is this source recent? I contacted Barry and ordered replacement playfields, plastic set, and even the complete rug mech and had no issues? He’s not super speedy being a one man operation but nothing really out of normal.

Was this a straight out purchase of the parts or warranty/promised parts?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cobray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=cobray and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.