(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,282 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by MR-808
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider biglebowski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#386 8 years ago

#18, probably the First one in Germany?

1 week later
#403 8 years ago

full of anticipation I already built a topper for my TBL......it´s just the wrong pin underneath the pin.....

P1060753.JPGP1060753.JPG
P1060752.JPGP1060752.JPG
P1060751.JPGP1060751.JPG

3 months later
#578 8 years ago

Hey Burningman, good to hear from you. Can you shed some light on the apron issue???

#580 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Wish I could...but I really don't have any info to share....

oh, I thought you were working for DP?? Maybe you can tell Barry that removing the starry apron will not stand!!

1 month later
#775 8 years ago

"We also created an alternative for the soundtrack of the machine. Jules did his magic and there will be five songs in the game (instrumental versions)."

5 songs??? Am I getting something wrong?

1 month later
#969 8 years ago

Hopefully, but we´ve been at this point a number of times over the last 6-9 months. And - speaking for myself only - my enthusiasm died down quite substantially over that period and especially over the whole video-song-license crap . I still want that pin (mainly because I´ve paid for it ), but I´m far from convinced that it´ll be the great machine that I was expecting 6 months ago. And I´m not biting my nails anymore to get it as soon as possible like I did back then.
But before somebody asks: I´m not offering my place in line here.

2 months later
#1085 8 years ago

would be interesting to hear whether they managed to finish those 3 machines that were scheduled for this week.....

3 weeks later
#1111 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

1458312389983-477505798_(resized).jpg

They wish.....

1 month later
#1305 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I appreciate Jaaps honesty. Currently whilst they get used to things 1 TBL is being produced per week .
I hope that this increases pretty soon.

When and where did he say that?

2 weeks later
#1405 7 years ago

I heard from Barry that they are confident to build 5 TBLs/week from this week on.

1 month later
#1703 7 years ago

I´m still waiting (#18) although I was told that it was in production the week before last.....

#1717 7 years ago

just got note that mine´s gonna ship on Mon/Tue.....

1 week later
#1720 7 years ago

still no sign of any shipment

"Where´s the pin, Lebowski?"
"It´s gotta be down there somewhere, let me have another look."

#1722 7 years ago

they told me last Friday it would ship Monday/Tuesday. Since then I´ve heard nothing. I sure hope the game´s better than their communication......but we all know that, don´t we?

#1732 7 years ago

The eagle has landed!!!

P1080287_(resized).JPGP1080287_(resized).JPG

and it´s now sitting in my parking garage and I have to figure out a way to get this 160kg beast into my flat on the 4th floor....

I´ll probably remove the backbox because separated they fit into my elevator.

A first look inside:

P1080288_(resized).JPGP1080288_(resized).JPG

more to come.....

#1746 7 years ago

Hi Nilroc, thanks for asking, I´m doing fine. TBL has arrived on the 4th floor. After taking off the BB it was not such a big problem anymore.
Taking off the BB is much easier than we are used to. A few screws, a few connectors and off it goes. And once you´ve taken the backglass and the LED panel out the BB doesn´t weigh much anymore anyway.
Unfortunately I had to leave for the weekend after the transport, so putting it back together and starting the first game will have to wait til tonight.

I tried to document the steps that are not in the Quick Setup Guide Barry sends you when your pin is on its way:

To disconnect the backglass (be careful, it´s much heavier than you might expect) you have to remove the left part of this connector:
P1080311_(resized).JPGP1080311_(resized).JPGP1080312_(resized).JPGP1080312_(resized).JPG
Don´t worry about reconnecting it, it only fits one way.

To remove the Speaker Panel you have disconnect the 4 horseshoe from the lower left of the soundboard, the big blue VGA connector from the LED panel and the other half of the little yellow connector:
P1080309_(resized).JPGP1080309_(resized).JPG
Reconnecting is also easy. The speaker cables are marked "left" and "right", red goes on the "+" connector, black on the "-".

To remove the backbox from the cabinet you have to disconnect a few more cables:

1.) 3 white, 3 black and 1 black/purple cable from the power supply:
P1080295_(resized).JPGP1080295_(resized).JPG
Just to be safe I marked the white and black cables, but I assume they can go anywhere as long as white goes to "V+" and black goes to "V-".

2.) 4 subwoofer cables from the lower right of the sound board:
P1080294_(resized).JPGP1080294_(resized).JPG
I marked them, because I wasn´t sure if they can be interchanged.

3.) The black USB cable from the mainboard:
P1080296_(resized).JPGP1080296_(resized).JPG

4.) The blue ground strap from the backbox hinge screw:
P1080297_(resized).JPGP1080297_(resized).JPG

Now cut a few tie wraps and remove the nuts from the backbox hinge screws (be careful that the hinges don´t scratch the cabinet) and you can take the backbox off the cab.

Hope this helps.

Herbert

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1752 7 years ago

Since Monday evening my TBL is reassembled and sitting in my living room and I keep walking over to play a few games although I should be doing other stuff.
There were a few minor things that escaped DP´s quality control (some loose screws, 2 legbolts missing) but apart from that the machine is very solidly built and just plain beautiful.

There were also two bigger issues I want to mention in case one of the achievers also runs into them:

1. The upper flipper was wrongly wired which caused it to be very weak so I almost couldn´t make the ramp on the upper playfield (if that happens to you Barry will send you a PDF how to fix it yourself or a new cable)

BTW, the machine is very service friendly, all coils and lamps and switches have connectors and can easily be removed for inspection or replaced.

2. The diverter on the left ramp gets stuck on the ramp so that you can´t get into the lock behind it. It took me a while to figure out what´s happening, but Barry reacted promptly and they already identified that problem as a general one and they´ll send me a post that keeps the ramp better in place so this can´t happen again.

Considering that we´re playing on v0.44 of the software the pin is already a lot of fun to play, but of course there´s a lot of stuff not yet implemented (e.g. extra balls). Ball times are rather long (e.g. compared to my Tommy ) and there´s always something interesting to shoot at (and miss, of course).
In the absence of a rule chart, though, I´m quite frequently confused what I´m supposed to do now. Maybe one or the other of you have figured that out already so I´m posting some of my questions here, because according to Barry the rule chart will be released with v1.0 of the software which may be some weeks or even months away:

- what´s the Nihilist mode about, what should I shoot at during that mode?
- how do I get Nihilist lit at the scoop in the first place?
- how do I get Mistery lit at the scoop? I get it many times, but I never know how I did it.....
- what do I do when the car is out? Shoot at it?
- what exactly am I supposed to do in the bowling alley and what´s the difference between the characters I choose before I´m going to the alley?

Maybe we should start a TBL rules thread??

1 month later
#2183 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Maybe there could be some kind of mini wizard for collecting all the white Russians, which would be a ton of work but seems more doable than getting mark it zero 5 times

Hi Tom,
can you explain what you mean by "stacking White Russians" and "collecting White Russians". All I figured out so far is that I get a bonus for hitting all 4 WR targets on the right side and a callout "White Russian for you, Dude". What else is there I need to know about them?

I also haven´t figured out much about the "car mode". I know I get it lit by twice hitting the two targets on the upper playfield. And then the car comes out when I shoot the ball into the hole on the upper playfield. But I´m totally lost on what to do then. Hit the car as often as possible? When does the car move back again? Is there a timer involved?

Maybe we should open a rules thread on TBL because this one here gets also cluttered with all kinds of other stuff?

My TBL is still waiting for a few parts from Barry incl. a new slingshot plastic. One broke already thanks to the too strong coils that were built into the first TBLs. When I removed the broken slingshot plastic I noticed that there weren´t any washers underneath them and the underside of the plastic was already pretty scratched by the rough edges of the posts it´s sitting on. Anyone else noticed that they forgot the washers?

Herbert

#2193 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Collect the WR ingredients, you hear the callout. At that point, all the WR inserts in front of each shot begin to blink. Which ever one you hit, activates that WR for 2X for that shot. It seems like you get 5-6 shots at 2X and then the light goes out.
When he's talking about stacking the WR, he's meaning that if you could then re qualify WR by collecting the ingredients again, and then again hitting the same shot you already have running at 2X to turn it into 3X. Currently this isn't possible. Currently once you qualify a WR again, you have to hit another one of the blinking WR shots (The active one is lit solid).
Most of the rules at this point are pretty basic.
The rug modes are basically worthless and can't be stacked with anything. I think you get like 200,000k for completing them. The only reason at this point to even try for the rug modes is just to see and hear them.
I think the base structure they have built up is going to lead to fun rules, but currently I think the game is boring.

Hi ectobar,
thanks for the explanation. I figure I´ll have to play a bit more.
Have you also figured out the car mode?

And yes, I agree, the gameplay gets kind of boring after a while......

Herbert

1 week later
#2225 7 years ago

I just had a very nice game on my TBL, completed all characters, almost all rug modes (damn!!!), nihilist showdown, two multi-balls and ended up with close to 15 mio. I was still far from collecting all balls (think I had one) and even further from all Mark-it-Zero´s. Getting five Mark-it-Zero´s seems almost impossible to me, but really good players may prove me wrong.
Getting many points is really hard work on this pin as there are not yet any opportunities to really score big. At least I haven´t detected them. So scoring big is almost exclusively down to keeping the ball in play as long as possible rather than building up big jackpots or else by applying sophisticated strategies. But maybe that´s the whole point to this game. Enjoy playing and watching the animations and don´t worry so much about how to reach that special super jackpot.

I´m looking forward to the next software versions. Very curious to see what they are coming up with.

HighScore 150916 (resized).jpgHighScore 150916 (resized).jpg

#2228 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Going to pick up a set of illuminated flipper buttons from cointaker at the york show in 2 weeks. I'll document the install.

I´ll go for chrome ones, think they´ll look great on that cab

#2238 7 years ago
Quoted from genex:

If you get every character before you start your multiball then all the jackpots are 1M which is huge. And since you can cancel the MB start with the launch button this is my preferred risk/reward strategy right now

1M jackpots are indeed huge compared to the normal scoring opportunities. How do I cancel the MB with the launch button?

1 week later
#2264 7 years ago

Your problems with the bowling alley are a bummer. Mine works 99% of the time and with the new code it seems to register the hits better. I had one instance where I clearly missed the front pin and it still registered it. So it´s still not a 100% perfect.

With the car I had one instance where it got stuck half way out of the garage, but otherwise it seems to work. I still haven´t figured out when it actually should go back in..... Timer? # of hits? No clue.....

The leaf switches are the same problem in my TBL. The bend much too easily. One day I´ll replace them with standard Williams switches from one of the shops.

The other problem I still have to tackle is the STDMs from the Donny lane. I didn´t have them in the beginning but now they are more the rule than the exception. Since this also seems to be a known issue I´d really appreciate a guide from DP how to bend the laneguide so that these don´t happen anymore. They´re very frustrating.

Finally I´m looking forward to the new diverter and the replacements for my broken slingshot plastics.

Has anybody spoken to Pinbits if they´d be interested in making a plastics protector set?

#2270 7 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

When I asked Barry about my SDTM issue he said:

'The easiest way to fix it is to bend the last inch of the right guide a bit to the left' and sent me this picture:

Ups, now I´m confused. Are you talking about STDMs from the Maude lane, then?

What happens on mine is the following: I shoot a ball up the Donny lane (leftmost lane), it goes through the left gate above the MAU(de) lanes, hits the right gate above those lanes, rebounds back down the Donny lane and disappears between my flipper bats.
It only happens when it´s a pretty hard shot that rebounds fast.

Is that the same problem you have?

#2320 7 years ago

More news on my Donny STDM issue.

Barry wrote:
"If you shoot the Donny shot, the right ball gate (top right of the Maude lanes) should open fast enough to let the ball pass through from the Maude shot (the yellow arrow). It is possible that when the ball is going really hard, the gate doesn’t open fast enough, but under normal circumstances it should open fast enough."

With that information I took a closer look at my right gate and saw that the spring had come loose. Fixed that and now much less STDMs.

I also asked how the left gate is programmed right now. Here's his response:

"The left ball gate opens when you choose the “Rug Skill Shot” (when you launch the ball with the left flipper button pressed).
It also opens the left gate when you shoot the Maude shot (yellow arrow) in the Rug Mode “Goodnight Sweet Prince”."

Great score, burningman!!!

2 months later
#2603 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Nope. I have #30 and it has always had diverter issues.
Sorry bemmet, I haven't gotten around to installing the new piece they sent me.

Neither have I. Hope to get to it next week, but I´d contact Barry anyway if I was you.

1 week later
#2650 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm in touch with Barry, I just am hoping if someone else trying to install this "fix" either successfully or unsuccessfully to know if it might be a problem with the part or just a problem with my brain. If anyone who has the part/fix, compare it to the old metal diverter if you get it off the game. What I am noticing and thinking is the new piece is slightly longer/larger and is getting jammed in that slot in the plastic ramp. I beat my head against the wall trying to bend, shape, nudge, wedge the piece in there to work properly and it just was not going to work. It fits but then it won't move up and down as it is supposed to.

This week I got around to replace the old diverter with the modified one. The new one has exactly the same dimensions as the old one as you can see on these pics:

P1090518 (resized).JPGP1090518 (resized).JPGP1090519 (resized).JPGP1090519 (resized).JPG

I took the ramp out to install it, but as Tom wrote that´s not necessary. The new one fits like a glove, but it still a fine line between too high (the ball hits the diverter on its way into the lock) and too low (the diverter gets stuck under the ramp). I took the support bracket, which was the first attempt to fix the diverter issues, back out again and now it seems to work almost 100%. We´ll see if it stays that way.

2 weeks later
#2663 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Just replaced my left diverter. Surprise, surprise, still doesn't work.
Someone earlier was asking about the sizing of the replacement vs the original. Here are a couple pictures.
The replacement is on the top in the first image, and bottom on the second.

Anyway, unfortunately after replacing, the diverter is still getting stuck in the down position. However, originally I thought it was just getting stuck underneath the ramp. The new design seems to be preventing that, but yet it's still sticking. When manually moving the diverter, it does not move smoothly. I'm thinking at this point it has to be either the coil or the coil sleeve. Anyone want to chime in if that seems like a decent conclusion? Unfortunately I don't have any extra coils, or sleeves around.

It looks like your replacement is slightly wider than the original. When you look at my pics in the TBL Owner´s thread you´ll see that mine are exactly identical. Another owner there reported a similar problem as you. That´s probably the reason why it´s getting stuck. It´s just too wide for the slot in the ramp.
Since I have the (correct) replacement in my machine the diverter didn´t get stuck anymore, neither above nor underneath the ramp.
I´d sugest to contact DP to get a correctly sized diverter.

#2665 7 years ago

from the pictures it doesn't look like it´s bent differently, but only Ectobar can confirm that

1 week later
#2704 7 years ago

These different diverter issues are really disconcerting. I was obviously lucky as my diverter replacement fit perfectly and it didn´t get stuck a single time since I installed it. I also removed the ramp with those 4 screws and getting the two top ones back on is not particularly easy. When I tightened them I made sure that the slot in the ramp left enough play for the diverter to move. No more issues with it since then.

One other fix I did today was for the upper right gate above the MAUDE lanes. The spring that opens that gate kept falling off for some reason I don´t really understand. According to Barry he never heard of anybody else with that problem. I secured that spring now with a nylon washer which is used on spinners usually. The Williams part number is 03-7796 and I had to drill the hole a bit wider because the gate wire is 1.4mm in diameter. This is what it looks like now:

P1090529 (resized).JPGP1090529 (resized).JPG

I hope this resolves my issues once and forever. The first few games the spring stayed on at least.

3 months later
#4696 6 years ago

puuuh, that Koen´s left is really bad news, even for those of us who already have their TBL....

2 months later
#5909 6 years ago

The re-design of the "big board" will mean, that the board better holds up forever in the first 50 TBLs as there will probably be no replacement. Am I wrong? Am I wrong?

1 year later
#8271 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I’m sure it has been already said so sorry to ask again but Is the code completed?

The code is kind of complete except the "Dude Abides" mode which is the final and is not implemented yet. But there´s also a lot that could be done to make the game even more interesting because currently the points you can achieve are pretty much linear to your ball time. No really big shots that give you big points. Only one way to get an extra ball. But certainly more complete than some Stern games when they first come out.

1 month later
#8361 5 years ago

The silence from DP is deafening......

1 year later
#11805 3 years ago

May I show off my custom TBL topper?

It´s using two LED strips which can be individually controlled by an Arduino. The video just shows a few ideas what could be done with them. I haven´t yet decided what lightshow I want to put on. It would also be nice to tie the lightshow to the gameplay (like flashers, coils etc.) but I haven´t explored that either. Lack of documentation doesn´t make that particularly easy.
There are also two white flashers to illuminate the bowling pin.

Let me know if you like it or you think it´s a piece of crap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 22.50
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider biglebowski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=biglebowski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.