(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,280 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Cojua88
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VividPsychosis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9048 4 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

The games are confirmed to be at ARA and we are getting a total of 40 games...

I hope I am still on that list from the last time it was rumored and we spoke. I would still like to be one of the 40. Give me a call in the AM, I also sent you an email. Thanks!
-Sean G

#9052 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I think it is a safe bet / gamble. Even if they found an investor, the price point would still be 12.5k because these 40 will sell quickly.

I’m fine with it. I’ll be purchasing in the AM. If only 2 games in pinball existed. I’d be okay with just alien and TBL.

#9062 4 years ago

I hope that my 12.5k tomorrow will help this all get back off the ground so all of you can eventually have one that wants one or was promised one. I won’t feel bad about it, I tried to do the same with Alien and it never come through. This time I hope it goes another way! Cointaker is the only reason we were even able to get this game or Alien. They do the entire pinball community a service and have skin in the game themselves. No shame should be placed on them imo. They are wonderful people who make our hobby better. Everyone can be mad at DP but atleast there is still hope now and let’s pray the money is used properly this time around.

#9073 4 years ago

Here is a thought from someone smarter about these things than myself. How does 1 man. Gain access to these 40 pins and ship them out all by himself? He has no staff. No employees, etc...

Anyone care to enlighten me? I’m on board to help but getting sorta spooked on the whole thing.

#9083 4 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Run, run away fast, don't look back!
If you get a game, I can bet within a year it's a paperweight. When something breaks, where are you going to get a replacement part?? Major board dies?? Who's gonna fix it??
Not to mention the history of this machine is getting close to jpop territory. You'll be owning a machine as rarehero points out you may not really enjoy flipping unless your brain dead and have no morals.
Help out??? To liars and crooks get their operations back up and running??? Got lots of money to waste you might as well go to Vegas.
So there really was 40 machines, I had high doubts on that number. Yeah it a liquidation sale. Nothing more. And at liquidation sales I usually pay pennies on the dollar not more.

What I’ve learned from last the alien community is that if people want to help and support each other instead of just being pissed off, parts can be re-engineered and created by this wonderful community to keep dead games alive. Will that happen with TBL? I dunno: but my heart definitely hopes that could happen...

#9141 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

What if they roll on Shabbos?

There is no rolling on Shabbos!

#9219 4 years ago

I feel bad for those that invested in DP and are screwed out of a game. Unfortunately those 40 games were never yours until shipped. Issues happened with payment to ARA and they sued and gain all the property in the lawsuit outcome. The only person to blame here for the investors are DP. ARA is gonna sell those games through cointaker and then the lawsuit will be dropped. No one buying one of those games is taking anything from early investors in DP because they don’t belong to DP anymore. DP has no product. Parts and finished games are only being made available to make ARA whole and to end the lawsuit. Cointaker looks after their customers and is providing a means to acquiring games that otherwise couldn’t be acquired.

With that said, the situation for EA’s sucks. But moving forward, there is now a small hope that in the future another investor might be able to revive the project and EA’s might be made whole through DP. ARA has no obligation to do so and the nonpayment from DP is the reason this is all happening in the first place.

That’s my take on it. Believe what you will. But in my eyes. Cointaker is the only one providing hope to any of you for the future. Otherwise you have 0 chance as of the settlement of the lawsuit.

My advice in the future. Wait till you are buying a physical game and not to invest in a company that promises a game in the future.

I wish you all luck in receiving games through DP at a later date.

#9239 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

So DP, who ran out of money long ago is fronting the shipping fees on the games?
That matter aside, that's only confirmation that 40 boxes were shipped. The condition of those games, if there are even complete games in the boxes, is still a risk. What if a bunch of the games have significant flaws? If games show up to customers in bad shape, are CT and Nitro just going to say "you'll have to take that up with Dutch Pinball?" Or are they taking risk by sending money before actually inspecting the games and giving some sort of guarantee to their customers that they'll be OK?
This is all Risky Business if you ask me.

In terms of damage upon arrival. All games shipped are fully insured.

#9241 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

against shipping damage...
These are gonna be AS-IS

I said in terms of shipping they are protected.

#9268 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

private hydrofoil from the EU to the east coast is 5-7 days.

The games are shipping DHL air to customers.

#9273 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Whoosh right over your head lol.

Yeah, I got it. I wasn’t responding to the lame hydrofoil joke. I was responding to the earlier post about length of shipping via boat and how quickly people are suppose to receive games.

#9275 4 years ago

the post I quoted also had the earlier post response in it. Guess I clicked the wrong one. :shrugs:

#9298 4 years ago

I’m sure many people will allow the EA’s to get a chance at those games. But it’s gonna cost them much more than 12,500. So I mean at that point would you even want to? Those games won’t have EA plaques. Personally, I’d never get rid of it, grail theme. But I foresee pinside and eBay on TBL’s in our near future.

#9309 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

The amount of whining in this thread is just ridiculous. The original machines were lost by DP because of horrendous accounting and practices, and as such, the machines no longer belong to DP. It's unfortunate, but it's reality. The money was given to DP and THEY lost it.
An example I can think of is I have a friend that gave his money to a real estate investor back in 2008 who promised him a huge return on a property he was buying (he should have known better and he admits it), and he lost BIG. The money he invested went into a house that was foreclosed, and he never got a thing. He doesn't drive by the property the investor bought and think he has a claim to the house now nor does he believe he should have been given any rights to buy it later. It went south, it hurt, and that's the facts. He got burned by the investor, and boy does he know it (the investor ended up in jail).
So when the property went up for auction, he didn't show up and tell all the bidders he hope the house burned down and that the house went up in flames... mainly because it was the investor that burned his money up!
I don't know why some people on here don't get it!!
I am very sorry to those that lost their money on the initial investment, as I am sorry for my friend. But let's not confuse how things have to move forward.
I am glad to see more games coming and hoping for success moving forward. Perhaps this success will then lead to some money being returned to the initial investors getting some money back, which would be better than nothing!

Mmhm. I get the frustration they have but the claim to the games and hatred towards new owners boggles my mind.

#9312 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

It is far from "hatred." Again, this is (was) the Preorder thread, which got hijacked by prospectors. For those who can't comprehend, there were actually some EA's willing to step up with additional money, yet were completely overlooked. Sure, some would have balked at $21,000 in total costs ($12.5K + $8.5K), but shouldn't they have at least been given that courtesy/opportunity to pass?
I have found the EAs to be laid back, down-to-earth fellow pinball enthusiasts. This isn't about player hating or whatever you call it. You would feel much different if you spent $8.5K and several years on a false promise.
This could have been easily alleviated a few years ago with more capital from EAs if the opportunity arose. Instead, DP played "hide the weenie" with the behind-the-scenes until the statute of limitations ran out on preorder credit card deposits.
And lastly, the "machines don't belong to any one person until they arrive at the door step" BS wouldn't fly in US court with a US company. DP advertised these games, collected payment from consumers, then failed to refund or ship the advertised product. The challenge here, of course, is that we are dealing with a (now) one-man operation in The Netherlands that will most likely be officially defunct after the container ships.

Wasn’t ARA’s responsibility to ask the EA’s if they wanted to pay 12.5k first.

Quoted from highdef:

It is far from "hatred." Again, this is (was) the Preorder thread, which got hijacked by prospectors. For those who can't comprehend, there were actually some EA's willing to step up with additional money, yet were completely overlooked. Sure, some would have balked at $21,000 in total costs ($12.5K + $8.5K), but shouldn't they have at least been given that courtesy/opportunity to pass?
I have found the EAs to be laid back, down-to-earth fellow pinball enthusiasts. This isn't about player hating or whatever you call it. You would feel much different if you spent $8.5K and several years on a false promise.
This could have been easily alleviated a few years ago with more capital from EAs if the opportunity arose. Instead, DP played "hide the weenie" with the behind-the-scenes until the statute of limitations ran out on preorder credit card deposits.
And lastly, the "machines don't belong to any one person until they arrive at the door step" BS wouldn't fly in US court with a US company. DP advertised these games, collected payment from consumers, then failed to refund or ship the advertised product. The challenge here, of course, is that we are dealing with a (now) one-man operation in The Netherlands that will most likely be officially defunct after the container ships.

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Zidware do the same thing to customers? What legal action happened after that? Are those people still owed games? My understanding is deeproot was kind to those people and gave them an option to go in on a deeproot game at a discount, which wasnt legally required. Which is something ARA obviously didn’t care to do and had no obligation to do so.

People that invested in Heighway didn’t get games either. This has happened before. Hence my earlier advice. Don’t invest. Buy a game when games are ready. We are all adults. Secure your own $. I get the frustration but to believe you are owed a game by ARA or cointaker is silly.

Back to your original point, is there an owners thread? Having trouble finding it. Link? Would be happy to switch off the preorder thread.

#9362 4 years ago

I’d guess 10 will go on eBay immediately, 10 more will sit in a box for Atleast a year before sale, then half will be opened and flipped and enjoyed. Mine would be opened and flipped. One day I hope it is accompanied by Alien #2 because Alien #1 only lasted 3 months.

#9385 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Some guy on another thread totally embarrassed himself by stating something like 'lets face it JJP is a niche company like Spooky'. LOL A niche company doesn't sell 5000 plus copies of WOZ, or license stuff like Toy Story. Get the point?
However I've been saying that companies like American Pinball, need to get off this original pinball theme kick, otherwise they're never getting out of the batters box. I think that company has potential but take my word for it Octoberfest if its lucky will sell 150 copies. Now they're talking about doing even more original themes but based on classic public domain characters. This won't work either because nobody and I mean NOBODY wants a Robin hood pinball. LOL
American Pinball should go after these niche classic licenses because they would be cheap, and the fanbase behind them would go crazy for the game. American Pinball should become the KING of NICHE just like Chicago is the king of remakes. They could announce a game and they would pre sell everything within days of the announced title.
Friday the 13th will sell 750 copies - Rocky Horror Picture Show the following is massive and would sell 750 copies easy - Halloween, Army of Darkness, Airplane, the list goes on and on.
I wish American Pinball would look into this direction because if they did we'd have a serious contender on our hands, because I think they do a great job with theming. They just need to license something that they can make money on selling 1000 or less machines.

They should contract for TBL. Period.

#9394 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What will be the going rate for a flipped machine??

Easily 20k plus. Alien LE is going for 16.5 right now and it’s rarer than that and probably more loved, although i have played both and Alien is the better game imo.

#9399 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I’ve Been lucky to own a lot of great pins
Road my bike from town to town to play as a kid. Still get excited to find a beater and tear it apart. For me TBL is the Game
If I ever do get one it will for awhile be in my living room ! On the rug and never to be sold . Would gladly let other pin lovers play it
Hoping this gets made in numbers and everyone who wants one gets one !
Left of the fireplace is waiting![quoted image][quoted image]

That room could really use a rug.... you know, to tie it all together.

1 week later
#9486 4 years ago

As someone who spoke with cointaker, none of you have any details about how this is working or what the insurances are to the people buying the games. It’s almost comical. I get you are all pissed but seriously, none of you have it right. It isn’t my place to tell you either so don’t bother asking me. Those that did get a game and spoke with CT about the finer points will know what I’m talking about and the steps CT is taking to protect customers. Y’all need to chill. Melissa is one of if not the best person in the pinball industry in my eyes and she always looks after others best interests.

#9497 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I know some EA's that could argue against you on that one.

EA’s invested in a company with the promise of a game. They didn’t purchase a game directly. The investment proved to be a poor one and they got robbed by DP. These games being sold are owned by ARA and not DP. I don’t know how many times that needs to be said for EA’s to get it.

#9498 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

It certainly would have been an appropriate way forwards to at least give the EAs first dibs at the 40games... if DP does go bust then at least SOME EAs would have the game and possibly even have a game worth the $21k they ended up paying. The way things have turned out, however, is that people with no firm commitment have the chance to not only break even, but profit from the EAs losses... that doesn't seem right to me! Maybe doing it the way they have was just the simplest and quickest way forwards... if Barry is confident the EAs will eventually get their games at the price they paid, then this could be his thinking... but if DP do go bust, it would certainly suck as an EA to have not had the chance to buy the game.

EA’s had the same shot as anyone else to get one of the 40. They had to call cointaker when the news broke and say. I have 12.5k for a game. I’ll take one.

#9533 4 years ago

Just remember, when all the EA’s get their games in the future. The 40 buyers of these games from ARA will happily take that thank you.

#9538 4 years ago

Y’all need to be more positive.

#9541 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The 40 buyers of the ARA games are key to the EA's ever having a chance at restitution. And I'm glad they bought them to give this effort a chance. But let's not pretend they bought those games out of charity for others. They bought them out of self interest.

The reason for purchase doesn’t change the fact that it’s the only hope for EA’s. Still a reason for positivity imo. There is still a chance. Which is good. If I was an EA I would be happy that my chances went from 0 to something above that is all I’m saying. Time will tell I guess. Wish ya the best.

#9648 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

You missed out the 'and they were pristine due to them being stored in a climate controlled environment' bit... just filling in the gaps... obviously with this spot check there is little incentive to spend hours maybe days opening the other 39 (or 37) games and the countless boxes of parts... don't you think?

For the tenth time. Every game will be opened because the EA plaque needs to Be removed and the unreleased new code will be installed.

#9653 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

PAY FIRST, TAKE GAMES AND PARTS OUT OF MANUFACTURING FACITLITY. INSPECT GAMES AND REPLACE CODE AND SHIP. THEN SOME MANUFACTURER OTHER THAN ARA TO ASSEMBLE SPARE PARTS INTO GAMES.

Money won’t be released from escrow till DHL picks up the game to ship....

#9662 4 years ago

How many balls does TBL use?

#9669 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Buying one of these right now (one of the 40 being released) just seems too risky for me... Sure looks like there are plans on a bunch of more machines being produced, and if so, that $12,500 isn't going to hold up long term... no way. Plus, you get ZERO warranty and while there appears to be "spare parts", these "spare parts" aren't going to be for repairs to your out of warranty brand new machine.
Will the guy that has had the TBL machine with the non-functioning bowling alley finally get a new unit to get his game up and working? And who wants to be the next guy that buys a game at $12.5K to have a malfunction like this only to have a big part of the game (visually, perhaps not play wise but still) sit broke?
Are we being reassured that some of these spare parts will be left aside for repairs or ? Of course this is about pumping out more machines, so all of the parts are a hot commodity to make that happen, sold machines are of what priority to a company like this (LOL).

You really shouldn’t post when you clearly have no idea about the facts from those that purchased one of the 40. You aren’t being reassured because you didn’t buy one. Those that did, know what assurances are available.

#9681 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I looked at buying one. There were no assurances. You can buy a highly desireable 12.5k machine that was it. There was no assurance that parts would be available. The guy had a point, you don't.

That might be true, if any of those things you said were actually what CT was telling people. Obviously you didnt because what you just claimed couldn’t be further from the truth. But whatever. I’ll enjoy the game and the assurances afforded to us

#9683 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Could you or someone please post a Facebook link. Thanks

Kaneda has his potential game listed. Just message him.

#9685 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm not a buyer, just curious to see the listing for $30K.

Not sure how to link it from the fb app. It’s in pinball enthusiasts I think...

#9703 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Why get nervous? Have you talked to Cointaker? Probably not, what they told
Everyone who purchased a game is exactly what’s going on . You don’t see 40 dudes getting nervous because there’s nothing to get nervous about
Mellisa is running the show and she knows what she’s doing. CT is legit
I’ve never had an issue with them nor have I ever heard of one. The games will be shipped, and in there new homes soon
Im hoping they go to phase 2 and build more games !

The best in the business. Not worried even a little.

#9708 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

This makes me almost as sad as seeing Donny go.
It's very un-Dude. It was bound to happen. And honestly, I was fingers crossed on a few CT people selling so I might get a chance at buying one too. But this is ridiculous and greedy. I hope "Private Collector" takes his profits and pays back some EA's or something. I have no idea by what mechanism that would work, but profits like this should go at least in some way toward those hurt.
I flagged his FB post as a potential scam. He doesn't have a game in hand. It is still semi-speculation he gets a game until I read somewhere CT actually confirms they received games.

Unless you are prepared to pay 20k+ I wouldn’t wait on one coming for sale. Some will, but most will stay at home.

#9820 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Dont think this is actually accurate. There was no judgement recorded. It seems this is a deal DP and ARA came up with so 1. Barry can get out of ARA debt and ARA get paid what they are owed in full without any other EA or registered claimant interfering. I believe this is why the EA's should be filing asap otherwise all assets are taken even the ones that are above what ARA are owed. Barry is literally getting all credit for the machines and parts the EA' s have paid for. Normally he would not be on the list of creditors. This is completely f..cked what they are pulling here.

Yes there was a judgement. All assets belong to ARA. Everything

#9822 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Have you seen it? I think the point is that on this thread we only have Barry’s description of the ruling to go by.

CT has seen the entire ruling and I trust Melissa as she wouldn’t lie to me about it.

#9828 4 years ago

I have no idea if she can read it. It’s none of my business. She takes care of her customers and part of that is making sure this 40 game deal wasn’t bullshit. I have confidence those games will arrive. As for what you all do with DP in the future, that has nothing to do with me. I hope our money helps he get out from ara’s thumb and go find an investor that will help make your games. That’s where my thoughts begin and end. Nothing more, nothing less. You all just speculate so so much, mostly with castatrophizing scenarios. The positive here is, as of a month ago or w.e you had 0 chance. Now there is a small one.

#9836 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

No EAs -- no $12,500 game, so enough with that hero nonsense.
This is the PRE-ORDER thread. You and the 40 "saviors" should avoid this speculation thread and start a new one. I have a few suggestions for thread titles, but I will most likely get moderated.

Yes.... let the hate flow through you.

-it’s a Star Wars quote. Loosen up. -

#9839 4 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

yes, I have all documentation of agreements in both dutch and english all signed and legit. Games are officially picked up from ARA.

awesome.

#9910 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Because building pinball is hard. If all it required was putting square and circle shaped blocks in place, any moron could do it. Turns out it takes a special kind of moron to succeed. I guessed 10 games because I am thinking Barry will try to do something with one other person helping (two people). They take a long time to sort what they have and don’t have. Note - this is different than looking at part # on a list. Pick each part up, inspect, test, return to stock, order what’s missing and work towards receiving that. In reality there is no time to custom order and receive parts, so what is on hand and can be located is all they will ever have.
They will build games in the meantime at rate of 1 game per week. This might be too high a rate. 16 weeks from Sep thru Dec. So 16 max games thru Dec, but I think they will stumble from beginning so reducing count to 10.
Why did I only count weeks through the end of year? License expires end of 2019, so all games must be built before then. How do I know? I don’t, but have heard it from a few people that I trust. This is a big assumption I am basing all my comments But while others speculated it had expired based on common sense, I choose to rely on additional sources. You can’t build new games without a license so my version of having the license makes more sense. Have you heard differently?
So what will Barry do with warehouse of parts to build 90 games after Jan? They will have no value to him and cost to store. Marco and Pinballlife buy bulk parts. Win/Win. Or maybe he should mail remaining parts for free to Owners. Haha that won’t ever happen.

Or henjust sells all parts to a distributor or pinball parts website for resale to owners....

#9962 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I have tried to do and guess the math and the answer that keeps coming up is NO

The solution is very easy. He finds an investor or two that provide the money. It is really that simple. To say no one would ever work with him is silly. No one on pinside probably would, but there is a great big world out there and lots of people with more money than you could imagine. A 1-2 million dollar start up is relatively cheap.

#9965 4 years ago

Just spit balling here. but like I said, this really wouldnt be that hard, or that costly to someone with money. 40 games at 8500 is 340k. Dear investor, I will need the 1 mill to get going with all these parts to set up factory and restart. The game is already complete, just need to start making them again so the timeline will be fairly short. Also I will need 340k to produce the games purchased previously. Once back in production, you will take 75% of the margin from all future sales after normal operation costs until paid off for the original 340k, afterwords it will return to the normal split of 60/40 or w.e. as well as 49% control of the company. Cost of the games will be 12500, BOM is 6000k after costs of factory etc 8k per game. 4.5k remaining per unit sold.

done and done.

#9967 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Sounds like a plan. When are you writing the check?

Unfortunately, I’m not one of the many multimillion+Aires in the world, so I’m out.

#9973 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Missing from your math is how many games you need to sell to break even... plus the initial seed money. And they need more than 40 games built to make the EAs whole... 40 is just the next batch of games that didn't leave ARA initially.
In your numbers (to keep it simple).. 4.5k gross per game. They need to give away roughly 100 games to make the EAs whole right? (I forget how many prepaid EAs there are.. so use a round number)
100 games x 8k cost per game = 800k needed to make the EA games.
When selling and making 4.5k gross per title.. at 75% split... 3375 investor cut per game... leaving DP only 1125 per game sold to fund operations and the games to be built.
Or put another way... DP needs to sell 7 games to pay off ONE EA owed game.. and still is just net zero for DP. At 7: 1, they have to sell over 700 games to fund the EA builds... if you are even at spooky speed.. 10 games a week, that is a year and a half of building... plus the extra 10 weeks to build EA games.
Even after your initial seed money is paid off, you still only clear 2700 a game in your model.. meaning it still takes 3.5 games sold to pay off a EA game.
Now consider... how much capital you really need to build that many games. DP can't self fund the builds when it has to pay off the investor AND build EA games and doesn't have their own capital. So something has to give... They can't source parts in small batches.. they need big batches of like 100 or more.. That means capital investments of 850k or more are needed up front to build the next batch of 100 games. Someone has to front 850k, for upwards of several months.. and keep doing that. Because there is no money left to fund the next batch of games if you are paying off the investor and setting profits aside for EA games owed.
With your 75% split of 4500.. they need to sell 296 games for the investor to just break even on the initial 1 million seed money. But it will take nearly 2.55 million in capital to actually build that many games. And DP can't self fund the missing 1.5M dollars needed with just the 25% they are getting per game.
So you can see... 1 million may get them making some games.. but its not enough to actually pay off the investor, nor the EAs (or any other debts still owed to ARA and others). So you have to find the number of games that need to be sold, how quickly you can build them (to control your costs) and then... figure out if selling that many games at that price point is even market viable...
Here we are talking about selling over 700 games just to break even...
Even on this napkin math you can see how it's a hard sell to think it can work for the EAs as a whole.

I already factored in the money to make the EA games right off the start. There would be no delay, they would be the first games made. I said 1 million plus the 8500 times however many EA’s there are. Actually it would be more like 6500 since that is DP’s cost.

The investor would get 75 percent of the profit from the games after that until the initial EA payment was cleared. I also factored in building costs and factory costs. So the 1750 is what DP would put in there pocket after new parts/factory and investor was paid.

Either way I said I was spitballing. The point of my original post is there are plenty of millionaires with more money than sense and nearly 99% have never been on pinside or could give two shits about this forum. If someone wants to invest because they wanna be a part of a cool company and feel good about that or love the movie or whatever, it can absolutely happen.

It’s a long term investment. If DP was back on track, why would TBL be the only game developed. It would just be the first. Meanwhile they own 49% of the company there after.

All we have to do is look at JJP, before wonka, they have basically never been in the black. The investors just keep giving. It’s a long game. Not a quick turn around

#10045 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Negative. You see this truck right here? It was taken to a warehouse where it was decorated with streamers, paper, and christmas lights, along with a "OOOOO-GA" Horn then promptly driven in the current 3 week Dutch national holiday parade that spans all of the major cities. The kids love it because they throw beads and candy from the top of the truck.
At the end of the 3 weeks, once everyone recovers (approx 3-5 more weeks), they are going to be unboxed and inspected, EA Plaques removed, and reboxed. By then, it will be time for another 2 week holiday. But don't fret, the games will most likely ship out soon after that.[quoted image]

That’s a cool story and all, except, as usual completely uninformed. My game and 19 others will ship today.

#10047 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

what about the other 20?????????

I’m not in the second wave so I couldn’t tell you.

#10052 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Really? First the shipped games have to make it to PA (cointaker hq). Then they get shipped to customers. RIght?

Yes really, and no, they don’t.

1 week later
#10225 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Are there any more unboxing photos? Shouldnt the second batch buyers be receiving theirs shortly?

The first batch will be receiving them this week.

1 week later
#10338 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I am way more interested in hearing about gameplay, strategies and overall impression of the game vs cost of the game and speculators.

Feel free to watch my stream this weekend @DeathSaveArcade for this info and gameplay.

#10344 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Somewhere in this thread (before the price debate) someone mentioned DP used WMS type flipper mechs but did not use EOS switches? I played one of these and noticed on a VUK shot to the flipper it would fall. Is there a setting or adjustment to Hold the flipper? Also whats up with the flipper lock up feature and can that be disabled?

Seems like an issue with that game. Mine doesn’t suffer from those issues previously mentioned.

3 weeks later
#10865 4 years ago

Man, y’all just don’t let up eh? I’m selling my prized corvette and attempting to sell my TBL to help my family. If you don’t believe me, I really don’t give a shit. I put it up for 21k no one offered it so I said fine. I will only make a deal for 13k and gble. Because more people have 13k available than 20k and that’s the only other game I want. I need the money and if you have taken a math course, 13 is better than 0. I’m not giving it away, so I won’t put it up for 13-18 on its own. Because, yes its worth more than that.

I am selling my vette for 50k so that and the 13k would get me where I need to be to cover my wife’s mother in laws nursing home fees. Y’all need to get a life. Seriously some low class people here doubting claims of other people you don’t know all because some company robbed you and you have an axe to grind. Seriously pathetic.

I live a comfortable life. I’m not rich. I spent the extra money I had on toys for myself. NOW, my family needs help and I am more blessed than they are. Priorities people. So since I don’t have all this liquid cash to cover it due to buying toys. I am now selling the toys. Jesus

#10885 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Just a suggestion, if the money is going for a good cause, why not raffle it off? Sell 250 tickets for $100 each. No one can complain about that and you could get more money for those in need. Heck, I bet you could easily sell more than 250 tickets. 350 or 400 tickets. Why not 500 tickets? I am being serious. I think it would be a better idea and more likely to succeed. If it was me, that is what I would do.
Hoping things work out for you and those in need.
Edit: I would buy a ticket! Maybe two!!

That’s actually not a terrible idea. But would only work if I could get 75+ tickets sold. I like the idea though. Might see what the interest would be in that.

#10887 4 years ago

250 a ticket x75 is 18750 or so.
I’m not sure of the legality of doing a raffle for the game would be my concern.
I do like the idea though.

#10889 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry he mentioned $100 a ticket x 250 so I got excited. lol

I probably read It wrong too. Lmao no worries.

#10892 4 years ago

According to what I’ve read briefly in the US it’s considered a form of gambling and as such personal raffles are illegal. As I don’t own or run an organization and the value of the item is high. This would be a very difficult thing to do. Not to mention every state has different laws.

Great idea, but unfortunately the government wins again.

#10917 4 years ago

At the risk of being harassed again... Any EA’s with a GB prem/LE want to skip the wait? Game is available for sale still. Game+$. I know it isn’t the way you wanted a game but it’s an offer that is available to you if you so choose. Still need to sell and it looks like personal raffles are illegal or I would have offered up tickets to win it. Also, last weekend available before it goes to a stealership for my 17 supercharged c7 Grandsport 3lt A8, 538rwhp.

#10919 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Got some pics of the C7?

Sure, shoot me your email.

#10922 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I have a GB LE... But logistics isn’t right.. oh and my TBL game is being built..[quoted image]

Cool man. Congrats!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 22.50
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VividPsychosis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=VividPsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.