(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TechnicalSteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5733 6 years ago

When I initially contacted DP to acquire a BOP 2.0 in 2015 I was super excited to get in on this game. Through Basic word of mouth I was more than willing to put down 2500. Fortunately for me when I contacte DP I found the Lack of professionalism and acountability in 2015 telling. My experience working in start up consumer electric engineering firms set off many red flags. Its extremely difficult to produce consumer grade electronics overseas for US market to begin with. So my logic overode my faith in pinball and avoided DP.

When I actually saw DP in person at Chicago Pinball expo and got to play TBL and Bride 2.0 in person. I actually felt horrible For not standing tall with DP. So I tried to buy a Prototype but was unsuccessful in that endevor. As a huge fan of TBL and impressed with what I saw at Expo I decided I wanted in on the action. A few thoughts kept pinging thru my head remember your friends horrible Magic Girl experience, the horrible customer service from DP and I just got the feeling that DP should of been producing something more substantial than this prototype. But the love of the game kept pulling me in. Fortunately I delayed a little to long in calling Cointaker to make it happeN.

So DP has a few problems to overcome. In EU money to bailout companies like DP can be had, but why not for DP? Seems to me there may be other issues DP isnt being up front about. We know there are a few issues with Gameplay and engineering. Probably some licensing issues, export cost and lack of skilled workers. Factors that make it tough to convince government lenders to give DP a shot. Seems like DP should have some other options available to them. Hopefully they will take a deal, learn a lesson and come back like a Phoenix. These guys were successful to a point, made a few mistakes and with a little faith could make it happen in a big way. The games they wanted to build were amazing.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 year later
#8904 4 years ago

I thought they had offshored this project to People's Republic of China or North Korea or something.
I guess that didn't happen.

Is there any possibility someone could make this loss into a win? Or is it like a bad Cryptocurrency investment. Lost

1 month later
#9751 4 years ago

Sad when creative people make horrible business decisions. You could make a play by play book for success and they typically want to toss it out the window. Really think things would of turned out different had it been produced in US. Pinball has sure changed in last 6 years.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TechnicalSteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=TechnicalSteam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.