(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinbally_1968.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#310 8 years ago

10 bowling alleys

#328 8 years ago

Yes! Organise a factory tour, like whe had at Stern

3 weeks later
#426 8 years ago

I hope it shows a pile of at least 58 ps's

#428 8 years ago

58 is about the maximum you could pile up. a few more and it will tilt over

7 months later
#1077 8 years ago

I bet that #1 gets his first.

#1078 8 years ago

and it should be like that

2 months later
#1478 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I was wondering from the current owners why the carpet, when hit directly, does not seem to move back on many occasions. I believe it must not register during certain times?

I have read and heard that the carpet needs to get hit with a certain speed of the ball, which is monitored by optos, so not all hits would register as a ''full'' hit.
Not sure if this feature is still in but it would explain..

4 months later
#2347 7 years ago

I just got the call

# 58 will be in the house this Friday!! Im sure Rensh will share some unboxing pics
I have one open spot reserved for it, finally TBL will take its place.. next to MM.
Updates later..

IMG_3803 (resized).JPGIMG_3803 (resized).JPG

#2350 7 years ago
Quoted from genex:

wow nice lineup! I want my full Jeff Bridges lineup but am missing TRON

no worries dude, Jeff is with us

IMG_3809 (resized).JPGIMG_3809 (resized).JPG

#2373 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

There's a switch wire that is routed through the jesus area and through the same hole as the VUK chute. I could easily see the wire sagging into the way of the ball and getting caught up. Id look at that cause if the wire has drifted into ball zone, it will prob get broken eventually.
I'm going to look at reroute mine eventually but for now have it pulled snug against bottom of upper playfield.

I couldn't see it at first but now when I zoom in on the pic I took, it shows some wires, purple and brown in the back of the VUK + a piece of metal against the stuck ball. Also it looks like that the ball already is on its way down..
I wonder if it is the wire that prevents the ball from dropping in fully, probably its not the purple one. Anyway it would be worth it to re-route those wires for sure.
Does this pic show a similar situation as yours?

IMG_4315.JPGIMG_4315.JPG

#2376 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I would say in general, my opinion / the feel I have about quality is that the bones are good, the details I maybe didn't take into account enough manufacturing tolerances / expected things to be more like the cad (perfectly manufactured) than real world. Which, is understandable from a new company point of view, and everything I've found is fixable or DP is working on a new part (also waiting for bowling mech launcher cam plate change).

I have to say that the quality is really satisfying. I expected more tweaks to perform on a NIB than just those wires maybe. All mechs work as expected on mine. We played for almost 10 hours non-stop without any problem other than this stuck ball now and then.
And I found a few bugs but those are minor and should be easy to fix.
Im sure it all works out for you guys as well!

5 months later
#3858 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

So little that you post here.

He got so fed up by those tons of emails DP spits out that he just had to complain bout it.

#3865 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Companies should have a little more respect for their customers than doing that.

Perhaps DP sold all their email addresses they could find to the highest bidder to raise funds to pay ARA the extra fee

#3868 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thought I remembered Blade Runner being mentioned?

bladerunner (resized).jpgbladerunner (resized).jpg

#3888 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Or maybe it should be "No Quarter(s)

Lets hope its not ''achilles last stand''

#3899 7 years ago

Once you put 8K in a new pinball company, you are showing a whole lotta love for pinball.
From that point you are on a misty mountain..but hop!
There will be times you feel like there is a total communication breakdown
You will feel dazed and confused
It feels like its over the hills and far away
You think there may be ten years gone before I get there
Can’t quit you baby
Still you think its something what is and never should be
But hey, good times bad times
When the levee breaks.... I still ramble on
it’s not a heartbreaker
But when it arrives you ll say thank you
And you will have a celebration day
But as it stands right now, it’s not a stairway to heaven yet.

Yeahhh I want a Zeppelin Pin!

#4329 7 years ago

Oh stop all these comments... dudes!
legal action, going to universal, each individual's opinion on how to run a proper business..getting mediators in?
Its time to look into the mirror, plain and simple, all dudes like me who pre-ordered did this (probably) in full
consciousness. The moment you paid, you were aware that it might have been a non-smart thing to do. (like me)
Now, there is nothing you can do. It is the nature of ''crowd funding''
When money is involved, even the coolest dudes act differently, that is my experience, I never felt I had any rights after my payment. it was ''on the line''
these DP dudes did and do whatever is possible to deliver what they had promised, Im sure.

So please sit back and try to ''relax'' as there is noting else left for all of you.
Going into a law thing makes you only look stupid. it is how it is at this moment and you did take the risk.

BTW, I got my TBL delivered, it plays well, fun but some small issues which i can address myself. now im waiting on decent code.

Please stop all the crap. You may get it one day maybe not, you knew that 3 yrs ago

#4334 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You telling people to chill out about this is like hearing a eunuch tell somebody they shouldn't worry about being kicked in the balls.

exactly.dudes that enter such a project stand there with their legs wide, they may get kicked.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4335 7 years ago

and they should not whine when it hurts, thats what i try to say

#4340 7 years ago

noo! cmon I never said that or wish for that. I want all dudes to get their machines, it just doesnt make any difference whether you come up with ''good ideas'' or not

#4344 7 years ago

the story doenst matter, you paid, youre in the hole, you did that with the risk in mind, now you suffer. Or... you can choose not to suffer and wait and see

#4346 7 years ago

because...after all you and me are so privileged to be able to

#4348 7 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Thank you Captain Wisdom. I can't wait for next week's session.

then rather listen to the above, another one..hope it helps

#4350 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hmm . Captain wisdom, sounds great

Im glad you finally get my point . now relax

#4357 7 years ago

No, not shut up,..pressure will bring something more then no pressure.
All dudes here have the right to speak up and get as much info as they can get.
TBL is prio #1 and it should be delivered. period.
But all these talks about ARA and how and what with DP, is not going to bring anything. neither are lawsuits.
really sit back and wait is all whats left for you, it is and was your own risk.
In the end its all bout money, DP dudes are not gonna eat grass for the rest of their lives, ARE ppl eiter.

so wait and see. You can afford it..

#4361 7 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I can also afford to fly 1st class to The Netherlands to smack you in the back of the head, but it doesn't mean I should do it just because I can afford to do so.

first of all, do you have any deposit in here?

second, did and do you still have some common sense in your vains?

#4368 7 years ago

once more...and goodnight..
forget about lawsuits, ARA, businessmodels, contracts beteen CM and DP, you will never know.Its none of your business. You all are in the same boat. Wait and see and maybe you get your machine. Dudes like us who are on the boat, it may sink or not. Dudes like me and you will not make a difference, it is and was our own risk.
Standing by DP is all whats left, so try to be possitive and keep supporting them is all you can do.

BTW I do have a TBL at home.

3 weeks later
#4588 7 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Having said that twice now, are you just here to jack off in front of everyone? Is that a dutch thing or something?

Yes and no, jerking off in public is not something I do. I only do this in front of my
tbl when at least the lights get on.

So in case you all envy me, my TBL, is for sale. Ask me for the price. Working on it so it get more expensive day by day.

2 months later
#5724 6 years ago

There are situations where yo do not have to pay the salary to yourself, this is what I learned. For example if you want to take a ''Sabbatical''
When no activities take place in your company (there are no commercial activities that bring in money) you could/must reward yourself with a dividend. The amount of the dividend must be in-line with the activities you did in that particular year. There is always some admin, acquisition, visiting trade shows and so on. So if you can ''prove'' there was no more labor put in than 100 hours or so, you could ''reward'' yourself with 10K or less. Tax would take 40% instead of 52% of the 44K salary.
That is of course only possible when there is ''profit money'' in your company's bank account.
Assuming DP had 500K profit at some time, (from EA's payments) they had to pay 100K to tax, the remaining 400K sits there in their account, they can chose to pay 2x the salary or pay a little dividend to each for this year.

Not sure if that 500K is seen as profit or that they managed to book it as some kind of a loan against 0%...
Probably the latter I hope

#5725 6 years ago

And now something pinball related

Had a friend over last night, we played for 4 hours straight on TBL. No issues anymore. Ive spend some serious amount of hours to get it ''Dialed in'' and it did pay off. He made it through all modes including all the bowling challenges. What a blast!

If I may say so

#5727 6 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

It still creates no compulsion to take it out. If you leave it in, the company pays taxes on $44k. If you take it out, the company or individual pays taxes on $44k, plus the company loses $44k. It speeds up the bleeding.
Once money is regularly coming in, THEN it's the time to take out a (reasonable) salary.

Have you read my post? what are you talking about, keeping this subject going on and on to keep you busy?

#5803 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

A horse walks into a bar.
The bartender asks: "Why the long face?"
The horse replies: "Because I paid for a TBL that I've yet to receive and I feel like an ass."

A week later a Giraffe walks into the same bar.
The bartender asks: 'Why such a long neck?'
The giraffe replies, I used to be a horse complaining about TBL untill I met Walter who gave me the one and never to forget uppercut.

2 weeks later
#5891 6 years ago

yeah, keep talking bout ARA, licences, CM's, legals, lawsuits and how to run a better business for dummies have fun. Im gonna play a few!

(oh..btw... seems like there has never been such great news for all of you who r still waiting and the number of posts per minute has declined significantly why would that be )

3 weeks later
#5947 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Again, build on the backs of the paid customer. WTF. Why is everyone in this hobby so fing non business like?

well you thought you would be so in business, unfortunately for you, your ''investment'' takes a little longer to pay back lol.
Get real, you only are in this for return of investments for profit, not for amusement or for pinball . Your bonus is to get in here to post and spend time and thrive on negativity.

#5950 6 years ago

, see, you have nothing else to do but sitting here and read / respond this pinside topic 24/7. have fun.

Im gonna play and enjoy my TBL again. You will probably never as I think you will try to sell it NIB as soon if you get it.

9 months later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinbally_1968.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=Pinbally_1968 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.