(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,280 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Cojua88
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mbecker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8880 4 years ago

Brushing up on details — So right now the possible futures of the hostages are:

Lawsuit goes in favor of jap&co and games are released and delivered to EA’s (I’m assuming shipping would have to be arranged individually or something? Or were these headed to cointaker?)

OR

Ara wins and can do whatever they want? Auction them, release to buyers with additional money collected, burn them..?

Is that the just of where it’s at right now? Lawsuit is still going on, yeah? Or no? Or no one knows?

Trying to understand the stakes of that $1000 gamble a bit better, sounds interesting. It’s a killer game, esp if you love the movie.

#8887 4 years ago

Thanks for clarifying guys. There’s gotta be another deep root investor out there to save this mess!! Right now sure doesn’t sound like a good gamble to go in for a grand on a hostage game. Sure hope they don’t get destroyed in the end, that would be a shame.

4 weeks later
#9061 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Way to deflect. Fact: these games were bought already. Fact: anyone who buys them is knowingly buying stolen goods.

Give it a fricken rest, get off your high horse holier than thou pulpit.

You aren’t stealing jack shit if you buy one of these games — ARA won the lawsuit, so essentially they can do whatever they want with the games. DP can’t afford to pay them — what exactly do you want to happen? The people that prepaid for these games don’t really own them because DP fucked up, ARA owns them. And soon other people (I mean scumbags) will. Would you prefer they sit locked in a warehouse forever or something?? There’s no other options, get over it. EAs are screwed again. It doesn’t make anyone a scumbag.

Unless u wanna bail DP out so EAs can get their games?? Then you can get back on your pulpit

#9144 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Damn great news. Nitro has had my deposit for literally years. Glad to hear my persistence may pay off.
QSS

Not outta the woods just yet — how many deposits does Nitro have? They can’t be getting too many of those 40..

#9363 4 years ago

The question is.. if no EAs had sent in preorder $$, would there even be ANY TBLs in existence? 1.5 mill for the 185 fully paid games (not sure if that includes the 40 that shipped and the forty shipping at 12.5k?) .. but either way I wonder what Dutch would look like today if they hadn’t taken any preorder money. Some was blown but seems like a bunch was needed for making the games upfront. W/out that model I think we’d have 2 or 3 protos and that’s it.

2 weeks later
#9566 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Gotta say this TBL thread is quite amusing! It will definitely go down as the most Drama/BS / etc ever in pinball
You could actually make a movie from it

‘Amusing’ probably isn’t the right word for many in this thread and it may be in a 3 way tie with the magic girl BS and Predator— maybe a 4way with Alien?

1 week later
#9922 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Was that meant to be condescending, do you think? I took it as a well-deserved endorsement of Ben Heck.

Yeah — not sure how you get condescending out of that comment..?? pretty obvious who any downvotes are meant for..

#9964 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

The solution is very easy. He finds an investor or two that provide the money. It is really that simple. To say no one would ever work with him is silly. No one on pinside probably would, but there is a great big world out there and lots of people with more money than you could imagine. A 1-2 million dollar start up is relatively cheap.

Look a jpop- still has a job, still people that want to work with him despite the whole fiasco and peeing money/games all over town. Crazy but true.

With the EA games though — they’d be making them for free if it happened — cause they are all paid for right? So you start out way way in the hole.. I guess you could get back to break even if you were able to renew the license and sell enough games after getting EAs taken care of. If a company like deeproot comes along and wants to take up that kind of liability from the get go.. it could happen.

#10077 4 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

I remember that ARA held the games as they decided to renegotiate the cost of the game to Dutch pinball and wanted a $1000 or so more for each game to be released. Is this correct? Did Dutch pinball pay ARA partial release initially and did ARA raise the quoted cost of manufacturing?

Lol Scroll back about 50 or 60 pages... maybe a bit more?? They never released the games, this is the result of a lawsuit settlement

1 week later
#10312 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just do what I’ve done. Ignore & block all of the unethical and cruel people who have stolen the EA games. Never talk to them again. Never help them. Never do business with them. Shame and shun them like they deserve. They won’t care, as “getting theirs” was more important to them...but your life will be richer for it.

Omg give it a fucking rest, didn’t you already get a moderation spanking for this broken record rant? You’ll never realize it but you’re crucifying the wrong people. DP (and possibly ARA) are the people to be mad at. Not people getting machines delivered right now.

Serious question though — IF (big if) EAs get machines somehow next year, or in 3 years — are you still going to keep those people who bought the EA machines on ignore cause they are scumbags? Or can they be given a pass at that point? If No one bought one of those games from cointaker — what would have happened? They just would continue to rot in a factory. Not exactly ideal either.. there was no way they were going to EAs. Period. But carry on with your judgements.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Technically it’s not a complaint it’s more of an observation.. You have no idea what your talking about when it comes to the history of this project! You come strutting into this thread stepping on everyone’s dicks like Godzilla stomping thru Tokyo and demanding proof from EA’s of what they are owed. To top it all off you are bragging/rubbing it in EA’s faces that you are getting a machine... you sound like a really great guy!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes — wolffmaaaan certainly appears to enjoy pushing people’s buttons more than contributing positive content to the threads. Unfortunate.

#10351 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I've been thinking about this a lot in lieu of current events.
Now that ARA is supposedly made whole, Dutch Pinball is reportedly in possession with all these parts (supposedly enough to build a couple hundred machines).
It seems the biggest equation so solve here would be how to make the EA whole in a way that makes economic sense.
If they don't have the funds to start manufacturing these again, what about other alternatives?
Maybe I'm way off base as I haven't put that much thought into the logistics, but what if they shipped the EAs all the parts in the cabinet to build their machine as a kit?
Sure, it would be a lot of work on the EAs part, but seems like it would be worth it.
If you paid $8500 up front, the last 40 games sold out at $12,500 so there is economic as well as the emotional incentive to do it.
They could ship a cabinet with everything included to put the game together at home.
It might take you a few weeks to a few months or longer depending on your skillset, but at least they would get something.
Or if there is a good pinball tech in your area, I'm sure they would put it together for you for around the cost of a restore or full tear down shop job.
With really good instructions you would only need a basic knowledge of tool and soldering.
I know its not the ideal situation, but I was running scenarios though my head and thought of this.

Have you ever stripped an entire Playfield top and bottom And disassembled all the mechs for cleaning / restore? There’s a TON of parts, and given there’s no manual for TBLthat I’m aware of, there’s currently no help to assemble all this so that’s quite a lot of work to put together enough documentation for someone to get it out together correctly. It’s unlikely all the little needed screws, nuts, washers, etc ( maybe even a few critical parts) would make it into every cabinet. Some of the pf divets could be off, all kinds of assembly crap could go wrong. They’d HAVE to have full harnesses supplied but that leaves a ton of soldering. If you e ever restored a game fully you know how critical all the tear down pics are. W/out those,and without any memory in the harness to lay it out, and with (likely) missing parts and similar but different hardware pieces.... yeah that sounds like a friggn nightmare. The instructions would have to be damn good with full color pics.. talking something like a DILE manual quality here.

#10362 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

If I were an EA I'd probably settle for the parts. At least I'd be getting something instead of just watching other people buying my game over and over again.

Yeah, I mean that’s a point (were they to put this together and offer the option) but I don’t know that a pile of parts in a cab is a huge improvement over nothing if it’s near impossible to assemble.

#10367 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Big props to them for putting it on route. Are there any others left in the world available for public play?

There’s at least 1 in Seattle

11 months later
#12035 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Still waiting to hear about my #59.

This seems to be a strange order they are going by .. perhaps #187 isn’t too far off either, who knows..

1 month later
#12184 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I think the fully Paid EA list waiting for the game 5 years now is around 130 people. No idea how many on the new money 12,500 waiting list.

What was the ratio quoted - 5/1 roughly new order to EA? But looking at the numbers this year, well below that I think? At 5/1 they’d need over 600 new orders at 12.5k$ yeah? Seems possible they could land short? Hope not but that’s a fair amount of orders at jjp CE pricing

2 months later
#12593 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

But does that guarantee that there will only be 190 EA’s or can they just keep making them forever?

Since they are getting 0$ every time they ship an EA game, doubt they want to make them forever ha!

#12595 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Um... maybe because of a moral obligation to the early achievers that put faith in DP and TBL and funded the project from the beginning?

I meant making more than the 190 for the oroginal EAs, in response to the post above mine suggesting they could just keep making EAs forever beyond the 190 or so.

#12611 3 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

Hi all, I would love to own TBL.
Is there any difference between the EAs the non-EAs other than the plague and serial #?
CT says 6-8 months out to ship after deposit. Is that correct or is it taking longer?

The EAs also have the rug - I think that’s still just EAs - and the EAs going out now (vs old production ones during ARA days) have the fancy apron and apron lighting /code. Not sure how you would get your hands on an EA though, short of buying an older one for sale

#12613 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Rug was going out with all pinballs I thought.

Yeah I wasn’t sure on that - you’re probably right, everyone wants a way to tie the room together

10 months later
#13573 2 years ago

Curious to confirm a couple things—

1) any new orders are now 13,500$ plus tax for a game - including shipping?

2) any confirmation on if they were done taking orders around year end ?

3) is it known how many EAs have rcvd games this year? Has it been 1/month or more? Less?

#13576 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Cointaker website says $13k with free shipping.
I know EA #70 is shipping to a Pinsider now. Not sure what number they started with this year.
I thought we heard from Rens license will be renewed next year.[quoted image]

Ah sweet— thanks for the info! I must have missed that renewal info. I thought last I saw they ‘wanted to move on’ or something .. taking into account they’re a year out on builds of course. I feel like we were around #53 EA or so early this year.

I’d love to own this and sometimes $14k+ after tax seems ok, esp since the secondhand market isn’t too likely to go down much on a limited title .. but I’d have to sell another pin I am loving. Tough to pull that tigger.. 1st world problems . If I remove myself from the pin collector mentality- $14k for a pinball is clearly nuts. Unfortunately I’m into pinballs and Lebowski is a great game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

15,000 (OBO)
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mbecker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=Mbecker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.