(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,275 posts
  • 860 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lamberger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2618 7 years ago

Would have loved to grab this pin, but $15000 Canadian!?.. our dollar sucks dude.

#2620 7 years ago

True that, 13% HST tax in Ontario.. I'm sure our fellow pinsider Americans jaws drop and laugh when they hear we pay almost double for a pin.. Another kick to Canadians, an American can bring into Canada a brand new Pin and only pay 5% tax at the boarder!? i've done deals like that a few times.. I buy new in the states tax free, then have a buddy American drive it over.. A lot of great fellow pinsiders in the states did the same for me on used games, big thx again .. As for our tax system on used old pins at the boarder .. Doesnt make sense. Gonna hope for a par dollar within the next 30 years and buy used I guess. TBL for the lucky ones, enjoy guyz .. Cheers!

#2622 7 years ago

And #2 for Canadians on most expensive pinball machine next to BBB.

#2628 7 years ago

Haha! Good one guys.

Quoted from taz:

I put in a rating on it a few days ago, but hoped it would start lower. Now, all of the Bally/Williams snobs who have never played TBL will come out of the woodwork to fire bomb the hell out of it like they do with all Stern games.
Plus, it can't realistically be #2 at 45% code, can it?

I disagree, I'm a williams/bally fan and I'm told TBL plays like them.. top notch quality, very well built. Stern is cheaply made, but the designers are great. its to bad, whats it cost to put another clear coat? I saw the robot for TBL, 2 coats!! great job DP! I had so many issues with stern playfields, especially when they told me to hoop it..I'll never buy another one. Everything else can be fixed on em.

1 year later
#8250 5 years ago

Anyone pay in full waiting?

#8252 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

About 130 of us paid in full and have been waiting for 4 years now.

Shit, I'm sorry to hear that guys.. Really hope this thing turns around for everyone.

4 weeks later
#8333 5 years ago

Feel bad for guys that payed up front, anyone want to sell their full paid spot for $500?
$500 less you don't loose, and I roll the dice. Most likely I will loose too, but the thrill of it! priceless.

2 weeks later
#8352 5 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I'm pretty sure that you meant "lose" and not "loose." The latter word means what you're not with your money.

Gotta b loose with your Money to pay full amount on this game before getting it;D

#8353 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe Rare has another spot to sell to some sucker?

guess I would do a $1000 for someone's full paid spot. I can handle loosing that, I will just check it off as donation to fellow pinsider.

8 months later
#8843 4 years ago

I'm still willing to pay $1000 U.S for a spot that someone payed in full for, under unit #80 of course.. 40 out, 40 waiting I think... A billion to one chance, but hey..I don't mind giving $1000 back to someone that lost $8500. plus tax. That sucks the big one.

#8844 4 years ago

PM's received, had a smooth transaction...Thank you.
looks like I'm in on the wait and hope list too.
Also have a buddy willing to risk $1000 if anyone else is interested.
Cheers!

1 month later
#9407 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

PM's received, had a smooth transaction...Thank you.
looks like I'm in on the wait and hope list too.
Also have a buddy willing to risk $1000 if anyone else is interested.
Cheers!

Wow, missed a lot.. got a message from the original buyer about the recent events, been so busy with the new house.. Is this really happening? kinda feel like a D now..Dam, maybe i should just bail.. think I would feel horrible otherwise.. should I just pay the full $12,500. $16,300 CANADIAN. What do you guys think? Man, thought this was a long shot..was just effing around. lol, $1000 for TBL. My gut hurts.

#9409 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

I'm really interested in this, what do you think are the hallmarks and qualities of a 90's B/W games vs modern Stern games?

I think Canadian Maple Wood+ syrup.

#9412 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Also, as a dual Canadian-Aussie (born in Canada but live in Australia now), I feel the price gouge. Ouch! Pins are so expensive here in Oz, even the junk ones are $3-4k plus! JJP games are 10k or so, ugh!

No doubt..Where in Canada? Would you do it all over again? Just got into electric skateboards... not missing the pins lately,lol... good for evening beers tho, and shrimps on the barby. Haha!

#9414 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Bad news, DP/Cointaker are NOT about to ship a game to you. As part of the DP/ARA settlement they've just sold off the machines that were sitting in dry dock at ARA to new buyers. So those will not be going to the EAs (or those such as yourself that bought out EAs). If you and the other EAs are ever going to receive machines, it will require DP to a) start new production (presumably in China), and b) generate enough revenue to cover the cost of sending machines to people that had already pre-paid.

All good, didn't expect anything out of it...Just having fun, and Kevin got some hard earned dow back.. looking good if this goes forward. Its an amazing game! I'm in for $12,500.

1 month later
#10583 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I stand corrected, I got in as an EA in 2014 (pre Phil-gate) and the prototypes existed at that point.I got in back when i was a homeless dutchman in 2010... i was so drunk. I want my $20 dollar investment back!

#10584 4 years ago

Sorry to hear that, hope you get your $20 Back. Keep us informed please

4 months later
#11373 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballyDutchy:Heared some whisphering, new shit news will come this friday, all EAs will love it!
Quoted from Capn12:

So.......next Friday?

I'm curious like a cat.

#11381 4 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

Nilroc- I think your one EA behind me. I share your pain!!

Took a loan out and paid $4000 more U.S... donated to the EA's($19000 to the average canadian)
So where we at to get the EA games? How far we off?

#11385 4 years ago

Well i just sent $12,500 u.s to cointaker.. hoping everyone that did the same can chime in and see where were at for the EA's, lets get a count down going. What do you guys think?

#11390 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

did they ask for it recently? Usually they don't ask unless they're coming in.

Melissa contacted me for full payment and it was deposited...she is going down the list. Be patient guys, but I think it would be awesome to get a count down going with who sent payment for the EA's..i think it can push up sales, lets hit 300!

#11392 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not to be negative but I think Many are waiting to see Paid for EA games leaving not new sales soon.tT

The way I look at it, if we don't get new sales done to 300.. Ea's won't see anything. Stay positive.

#11394 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

It would be hard for me to send 12,500 to anyone unless they told me the game was at their warehouse in the U.S. and ready to go out the door.

I thought cointaker had a great reputation for holding funds till they receive the game.. Are you saying they have a bad history for not fulfilling deals?

#11397 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes they Do have a great history and they are honest! If Melissa says to send payment you can be assured you will get a game or she has your money.

Then let's push these sales to 300 and get the EA's some games! Let's get a count going.

#11399 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Have they shipped over 10 games in the last 5 months?

That's why it would be great to get a count going! ;D
Guess I'm 1

#11403 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

They do have a great rep. I'm just saying personally I would have a hard time sending money if my game was still in Europe. I would prefer it to be in the U.S.

We all feel that way, I had a hard time leaving the house for school as a child... I use to love it when my mom tucked me in and gave me in a bottle when i was 2. But today I have my big boy pants on, I will tell you this... you should be pretty safe giving your dow to Melissa, it feels like a bottle and a blanky. Give your money to cointaker and lets get this to 300!

#11406 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I appreciate your response, even though it's a strange analogy and disrespectful.

Didn't mean any disrespect... just kidding around a bit, but seriously hoping we get this to 300 and hope you reconsider.

#11408 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Cool, no worries.
I've been on the list for a while. It would be cool to have one someday.

Awsome!

#11410 4 years ago

I’m so curious to know how many are on Melissa’s list?

I got on the list a year ago, cant speak for everyone else

#11413 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

did you pass on the 40 from august b/c apparently randoms just got on that when people declined

i wasn't asked so I must have been low on the list

#11418 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Why wouldn't Cointaker just be up front and transparent?
How long is the list currently?
How many orders have been fulfilled since the 40 "ARA Hostage Games" hit the market (I am only talking about NEW game delivery)?
What pace is DP delivering games per month at this point?
I have said it so many times it just makes no sense for DP (and now Cointaker) to be so secretive about whats going on?? IF DP were smart they would have a god damn 24 hour live webcam in the "factory" where people could watch their games getting built. If they want to get games sold, they need to validate what's actually going on.

That's why I suggested getting a list going here, lets get a count down to the ea's

#11420 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just asking. Are you this invested in pumping the crowd because you swung an EA owner into selling you his spot for 1K last year?

He sent me the $1000 back since there is a chance here... I would have given the spot back anyway, feel really bad for the Ea's. He's welcome to chime in. I'm rooting for the EA's and clearly know the more games produced bring down the value here but I don't care.(maybe you do since you already own one?) The more games made, the better. I would actually loose $1000 because I told him if he doesn't get his game, I would send the $1000 back.. so to answer your question, i guess the answer would be yes. I will benefit from the ea's getting their games they clearly deserve.
Stay positive buddy.

#11428 4 years ago

I know of about 4 people that have received games after payment to cointaker.. if I was to guess, i would say 40 built so far... just guessing tho. if that's the case, 300 is definitely doable, efficiency will just keep getting better over the year.

#11433 4 years ago

But I think once the game is sold before the licence is up, they can still build it into 2021. That was my understanding. So that would include the EA's that already paid, but i'm sure they can get an extension worst case, they already got this one. Dp wants to keep going, or else they would have sold out and moved on.

#11437 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Wouldnt that mean people would have to pre-order? No way that is going to happen, for the most part.

The best thing I think you can do at this point is to get on the list with cointaker, when they ask for funds... send it because that means your machine is on the way. When DP hits 300 orders this year, (and I think they they can do it)... EA games can be built into 2021.. worst case, they have to get a license extension similar to the the one they just got. I've said this a few times now, it would be great to get a list going... that way we can monitor what's happening.. I know of 5 games for sure personally that have been delivered.

#11439 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Something is not adding up

to a list of people chiming in on who sent cointaker money. I agree, no numbers to add. crickets. Can't say i didn't try EA's!

#11445 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I wish.
From government it’s Like 20 free to decide holiday days. This besides Christmas and so on. Most companies have like 25-30 holidaydays a year.
Can however state that Barry works 6 days a week in the factory and on Sunday is busy to with TBL, just not at the factory ... although his wife told me even on Sunday he is Quite often found at production Facility.

Wish I was in the area to volunteer. With a third kid on the way, there's no way I can go.

#11451 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

[quoted image]

classic!

2 weeks later
#11525 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I hear people are having problems getting parts from Cointaker... parts for machines that arrived broken or messed up. While this is "through the grapevine", my source is credible and has no bias against DP (or CT).
I have no regrets selling my machine but wish the best for those going forward.

After this news above, I'm having second thoughts about my order. Bad news for the EA's, I guess thats what your saying?

Decided to add it to my house insurance, something happens.. they have the millions to chase it down and sue

#11534 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I really do hope DP does come through for EA's.. but of course this is about those providing $12,500 for a "NIB game" where the customer assumes the manufacturer is, to some degree, still in production (as slow as it may be) and providing material support (parts and tech support) to the customers and/or Cointaker. There appears to be people that are still waiting for warranty parts from the shipment in August. That's six months. Sure there was time needed to get things ironed out in the first crazy months of DP getting the games, but I don't see any excuse at this point.

well if its just barry, i mean ...come on guys, a little space please

2 months later
#11741 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Man these last few entries are making me feel like I've missed the boat somewhere along the way. I talked to Melissa in late August 2019, and I've followed up multiple times asking about deposits and my position in line with no real response. Now people are talking about putting down deposits and I've never been asked for one or even told where I'm at. Feels like I'm just getting bumped down the line.

relax.. Melissa is going by the list, got email out of the blue. the original list needed no deposit, be patient everyone.

#11742 3 years ago

Repeated post for some reason

#11753 3 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I've wanted a TBL since the beginning but I decided not to pull the trigger until the EAs were getting their machines. I am curious how complete is the code, is there a wizard mode? Are most of the call-outs present? Is there any more work expected on the code?

The EA's won't get the games they deserve if we don't buy more. Something to think about.
Mines getting shipped with EA#52

2 weeks later
#11846 3 years ago

Hmmm, Paying $4000 U.S more for a game to fund the EA games (that so rightfully deserve to have in the first place of coarse).... it would be pretty cool to have a EA supporter apron.... just dreaming and drinking some late night brews
The "under achiever edition" apron perhaps?. lol, The EA apron is stunning.

Looking like Berry/dp just might pull this off. Very impressive, Keep up the fantastic accomplishments guys!! (Fist pump)

1 month later
#11963 3 years ago

Ea #52 get his game yet?, can't find it in the forum. #53 should have gone out by now too, maybe more... any word? I hope so....if not, could change a lot hearts and minds towards dp quick!.

#11972 3 years ago
Quoted from Svante:

Hi, I got my TBL EA #55 delivered on the 2nd of july. Impressed by the building quality. So yes, they are Rolling out games to us early achivers. Oh and of course I got the plaque, the new apron and the rug (it really ties the room together).

Fantastic!! Really glad to hear.

#11985 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This shortage of parts is temporarily and has NOTHING to do with money.
It is just a matter of COVID catching up to DP. Eg the manufacturer of certain parts to be more exact. A lot of parts are BW style and originate from the US. In the US there have been lockdowns shutting down factories. They have restarted apparently but still have a backlog to fullfill and this takes apparently a little longer as expected.
As mentioned earlier this can and most likely will cause a (small) hiccup short term but this time will be used to built more assemblies which can speed up building later on. So long term there is no influence is the expectation. This ofcourse all based on order confirmations from the US part suppliers.
DP is financial Sound enough to invest in speedup production and buying the required materials. No worries and don’t let people you think otherwise.

So lets say a second covid wave hits, DP is good to cover the over head for a year without production, no parts? worst case scenario. I would hold back on A move to a bigger building if i was in dp's shoes. With that said, I'm wishing you guys every ounce of success. beautiful game. Ea's need this!

#11986 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I am sure the Fun in building these will change when it comes time to build the hundreds of 0 dollar sales games owned (EA's). Working for nothing Can get boring....

Dude, what's your problem bro? We've had this conversation before. You worried that your current tbl value is gonna drop like a rock? f that man, relax.. enjoy a game of pinball because most people in your country don't have that luxury right now. Stay positive.

#11991 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure what you read into my reply?? I commented on the previous post on Building games as hard and not fun. This game is awesome, theme is awesome, build quality is awesome, and wish nothing more than to see Thousands of these made as they would sell no question and could care less if they are worth $50 in the future as I bought it because I love it not as an investment. I simply said building games (as a business) to get out of the self created backlog hole for close to a full year non stop to fulfill the EA's will be tough with no revenue for parts or labor, product, or shipping, and future growth. Must be done but will likely not be Fun! Not negative at all just an obviously tough journey ahead for DP.

Cool, glad to hear!...positivity goes a long way... especially for a new company trying to do there best on making good. The way this thing is built, should last for generations. Already in the will for my eldest.

4 weeks later
#12012 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure I agree and actually see his point. In a team of 2 builders Any distraction from completing the Primary commissioned direction should be a Last option personally. I understand the money element but if they keep making games Every Hour Counts!!!
PS and yes I Want one of these aprons but if I have to wait another Year for one to get even ONE more EA out I am fine with that.

I disagree, they could sub out the aprons manufacturing and shipping and gain profits to add to the EA's.

#12014 3 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

And look how that turned out with ARA.

Turned out bad with ARA, but cutting and folding a piece of metal compared to building a full working pinball machine are 2 different things.

#12016 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry but there is Much more to this apron upgrade and kit then simply bending a piece of metal. Much more then a 2 man crew can afford (time) when also trying to hand assemble hundreds of prepaid pinball machines.

oh ya, forgot about the paint...cutting, folding, paint. What else is there? And I said sub it out to another company and cellect the profits for more Ea games.

#12018 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Multiple RGB boards, wiring harnesses, powdercoat, lift rail, plating, assembly, Hopefully testing, packaging, vendors, take and shipping orders, oh and also building complete Pinball machines! lol

Multiple RGB boards, wiring harnesses...Doesn't it pug into the current lighting in the game? Like I said, easy enough for another company to take on...Maybe that's who made the current EA aprons, another company. 5 aprons sold would pay for one ea game in parts roughly.

#12020 3 years ago

2 weeks later
#12060 3 years ago
Quoted from silverbearss:

I'm curious if the lead times from CT are actually 6 - 8 months or longer? I've been debating the last couple months on placing an order with CT. Can anyone advise how the game plays as compared to another pin? I know not the same, but its nice to compare. I would assume the comparison would be to the 90's Bally games such as TAF or TZ.

I would compare it to whitewater with a simulor medieval madness rule set...just my opinion.

#12067 3 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Do we have any idea what number EAs?

If 2 more are going out, gotta be close to #60

#12068 3 years ago

Just saw this review, slow down guys.. quality over quantity! Especially at $12500 a pop.. I know, easier said than done.

Figgins
Pinside member

CA Ottawa, ON

2y19,75031811
So, just received my B.L N.I.B from Dutch/Nitro. I have a game that kinda works. Three games in, lowerplayfield was not working. Pins were falling and not working. Then the smell of melting plastic filled my home. So I had call a tech to come and figure out what was going on. The Dude ramp was not and still is unplayable. The assembly was drilled in to the playfield and not the pre drilled housing holes. Ball hits the ramp and flies everywhere, the plastic cover to look through is not level with the playfield so the balls will change direction when they roll over it or even bounce. The lockdown bar was scratched, plastic around the white Russian was also cracked. Head of the game has creases in it due to over tightening from the strap before it shipped. It is really really cheaply made, I would put the quality of build on par with Thunderbirds. I am currently corresponding with Dutch Pinball to see how we can remedy the plethora of issues. I basically got a 20k rug with a cheap pin that kinda works..I. It could have been sooooo good had J.J.P had the licence. I have a P.O.T.C JJP and it is built with incredible quality and attention to detail. Hopefully Dutch/Nitro will stand by their product and remedy the situation. I would highly suggest avoiding buying the game. It is so disappointing because the interaction of theme to game is great. Just the actual quality of machine is really really substandard. Very very disappointed. To be continued , I will update my rating after seeing what Dutch/Nitro will do to fix this. Hopefully I just got a made on Friday game and they will sort this out.

#12112 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

If dutch wants a future in pinball, they will update the code.. They wouldn't be here if they didn't want a future in pinball;D

1 week later
#12134 3 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

Has anyone paid for a game through coin taker after 3.11.20 that have not received a game?

I'm interested by this question as well.
sounds like parts have run dry..I'm just guessing tho.

2 weeks later
#12166 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Any more EAs get there games?

should be roughly 10 or more by now. Pinside owner list is at 132 and I know people that have em that are not on pinside.
So EA62 and higher hopefully.

#12169 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

He was told his was shipping but dont think he received it yet. These are taking way too long to receive. I would have thought they would be well into the 60's by now but seems like they are still stuck at 58 with 59 supposedly on the way

Feels like sales are starting to burn out at $12500 a pop.

#12174 3 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

I've been looking for one if anyone is interested in selling.

I might get some hate here but I sold mine. Cool game and all, it just didn't feel like it was worth that much money to me. Waiting for the market crash and that's where the dow will be going.

I think you can still get on the list at Cointaker

#12191 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

What was the ratio quoted - 5/1 roughly new order to EA? But looking at the numbers this year, well below that I think? At 5/1 they’d need over 600 new orders at 12.5k$ yeah? Seems possible they could land short? Hope not but that’s a fair amount of orders at jjp CE pricing

And the new JJP Guns and Roses definitely won't help sales here... I'm not a fan of the band and that thing made my mouth drop. Thinking about buying the LE, (CE already sold out!)makes me feel a little better dropping that kinda dow on a big pinball company. Made me nervous sitting on $12500 U.s. with the possibility of another shut down and no future parts.

#12193 3 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Thanks for the heads up. I put down my deposit yesterday - totally cool waiting 6-8 months which is what Melissa(?) at Cointaker quoted me. She said they are putting out about 20 games a month which would put me at 8 months wait - but they are trying to ramp up production which could lead to a wait as short at 4 months. Figured I'd share. Thanks again - excited to be on the list.

Awesome, glad to hear.. Cheers and congrats!

#12196 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

If they are doing 20 per month and every 4th game goes to an ea. Why only 1 ea game in 6 months? Shouldn't 5 ea games go out every month then?

I agree..Something's not adding up. Hope Dp isn't trying to pull a fast one.@ $12,500 a pop, I hope cointaker is keeping count and asking questions to protect the EA's. Cointaker could refuse to sell more if DP tries to rip the Ea's off. I hope so..If not, this would make cointaker look worse than DP in this situation. Cointaker literally taking the EA's coins. That goes for Nitro in Canada too!! I know 8 people with a TBL that aren't on pinside so that puts it at 140. 80 games were released before the new production started. Should be 15 EA's just from that alone, and that's just what I know about..I could be wrong. But if that is the case, I would recommend the new buyers demand the Ea's get their games..Atleast to EA#70 first before sending more payments. Hopefully the pinball community holds them to it

#12202 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I don't know whether DP is meeting their promised 3 to 1 ratio. But your calculations don't align at all with what DP has actually promised over the past 12 months. DP never said that ratio would apply to the ~50 previously produced games that were “resold” before the new production started -- quite the opposite, nothing from the sale of those games went to the EAs, which made the sale controversial at the time. And before new production started up, DP publicly announced that it would not be making any EA games at first, and that all funds for an undefined initial period would go to cover startup costs. DP shipped out the first EA game in mid May 2020, and that's also when it announced that it would implement the 3 to 1 ratio going forward.
So assuming DP has kept its word, 1/4 of all games produced since May should have gone to EAs. If you assume they were making 4 games/2 weeks over that period -- I believe that number came from DP but not sure if it was aspirational or a report on actual production numbers -- then they should have shipped roughly 34 games total: 17 new sales at $12.5k and 8 or 9 EA games. Again, I don't know whether that's actually happened, but at least it's based on what DP said they planned to do.

Once they made the 3-1 pledge, serial numbers were early 90's.. that's when my buddy got his. All games will have a serial number.. If there is some funny business going on, will all figure it out real quick. I'm guessing 140's by now. 138 for sure if the pinside owner count is correct.

#12206 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

FWIW, recently produced games have serial numbers above 400.
I heard that over 180 TBL games have been built so far. I don't know whether this includes EA games (must, right?). This was back in August, so I imagine a few more games since then if this is somewhat true (including TunaDelight and others).

Maybe someone that just gets one lately can post the serial number, will see exactly where Dp is at.

#12222 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

I'm No. 339, which if actually 39th in serial order would supposedly be the last completed ARA. We kept hearing there were 40 ARA games but I was later told I got the last one. Then we know there were a few (at least 1 maybe 2) unfinished games that DP finished before they started building complete games themselves. So if serial order is consistent, then new fully complete DP games should have started around 341

Makes sense, my buddy's was 390 something. low 90's back in February.

#12225 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

so assuming the serials are in order:
4 - Original Protos & Engineering Samples
4 - Xytech Engineering Samples w/ new PCBs (Only 3 seen)
52 - ARA built and shipped EA's (1 destroyed)
39 - ARA built delivered to new buyers
2 - ARA built finished by DP delivered to new buyers
50 - (Supposedly) DP built delivered to new buyers
I think we've been told 10 EAs got games but then only confirmed like 2 here on Pinside right? You'd think then EA games would get the original serial numbers. So the 50 or so new DP would be all new money buyers? Do we think DP has actually shipped that many new units? That would be like avg 5 month and I think its been more like 2 a month with the slow start.
This guy was #370 in March 2020 (seems to support the 50ish new builds being possible)
This guy says EA 64 will be available for pickup ( seems to support the 10 EA number)

Looking good so far.. Hopefully no one reports getting #570.lol

1 month later
#12487 3 years ago

Imagine paying in full in 2014...relax guys.

#12500 3 years ago

Looks like things turned out bad for Figgins according to his rating below. Tough pill to swallow for $12,500 u.s. Sorry to hear it, my game that was built by ARA was great.

2 days ago

PAT
Figgins
Pinside member

CA Ottawa, ON

2y20,25032223
Avoid this game and company at all cost. I bought one brand new and it has been a nightmare. I will post complete details of the nightmare I had dealing with Dutch. If you want a quality game buy a Jersey Jack. Game is made of poor quality materials, wherever corners can be cut they have been cut. It is not worth more than a Stern pro at best. AVOID this game!

1 month later
#12644 3 years ago

Looks Like Figgins got his money back so that's good news. Maybe buying with a credit card is the way to go.

Figgins
Pinside member

CA Ottawa, ON

2y24,25032229
STOP STOP STOP , take a second and reach out to Player 1,Jersey Jack, Stern or Chicago Gaming. Do not throw your money away on a made in China quality pin ! I was over the moon excited when I first heard there was a Lebowski pin. I was even more excited when I was able to get my deposit down on a unit! That is about when my nightmare began and I got in to the loan a sketchy start up pinball company 20k for most of a year business. I was told to pay the remaining balance 18k and change, and that my game was ready to come off the line it would ship within a few days(by end of work week) I paid in full on my credit card(thank gawd I bought with my visa) ... A week goes by, two weeks go by three weeks go by...no tracking number delayed and vauge responses from the retailer....1 moth goes by..no game TWO Months goes by, Three months arrive...I finally get word my game is shipped...The retailer claimed Dutch was waiting on parts and my game was on hold until then. I later found out units did leave the factory but I was put on the back burner AFTER THEY HAD 20K OF MY MONEY FOR THREE MONTHS! SOOOOO, game arrives I have multiple people come for an unboxing party (mid summer, I paid for the game in full in March) Plethora of issues.. and just an insane amount of poor workmanship and corners cut wherever possible.. If you turn the volume up over half way..the speakers distort..back and bottom of cabnet are particle board...Game was unplayable and after the 3rd game, a coil on the lower playfield caught fire lol and filled my garage with burning plastic smell and shock from all that attended. The ramp was drilled in the the playfield, broken plastics all over, scratched lockdown bar out of the box. It looked like it had been on location for a while then sent out.....Decals were peeling off the cabnet, the back head was creases due to overstrapping...I could go on and on...The retailer placed blame on me for unboxing it (WTF) I had to threaten to get Visa involved to get any kind of customer service from the retailer. They blamed the manufacturer and then passed me on to them to try and rectify the situation.... After a bunch of back and forth (a better part of a month with an unplayable game in my garage) The retailer/manufacturer agreed to have me send the game back and send me a new game. I was gauranteed that my game would be the next one out, I asked Barry(head of Dutch) to sign the backglass) (this was to ensure he gave it a once over before it left the factory) I had posted a completely honest review on pinside about my game and was asked to take it down because it had caused people to change their deposit to another game(whomever I saved from this pile of junk, you are welcome, lol). I obliged, so the waiting game began, one week, two weeks three weeks 1 month, two months...responses not sent to my inquiry on where my replacement game was...THREE MONTHS go by, games have gone out..just not to me.....How crazy has this got, I paid 20k, I now have no game in my possession, paid over 20k and am getting ignored by the manufacturer....Complete madness.....I get told by the retailer"oh, Dutch is now moving their shop and this has caused the delay" I then asked for a refund untill my game arrives or another game to use of similar value ....
Neither is obliged .....I finally(8months after paying in full for my game) Get somewhere with speaking with Visa, they agreed that I made every attempt to reasonably rectify the situation and that I should be refunded .....The retailer gets notified of this and like a gust of wind I finally get a response, they will send me my money back. Lol, and like a true relic , they send me a cheque in the snail mail... absolutely bush league.... AVIOD this game and company at all cost.

Above is a small condensed version of what happened, feel free to reach out if anyone wants the complete story !!! BUY FROM PLAYER 1, JERSEY JACK, OR CHICAGO GAMING...AVOID DUTCH AT ALL COST! I

I bought one brand new and it has been a nightmare. I will post complete details of the nightmare I had dealing with Dutch. If you want a quality game buy a Jersey Jack. Game is made of poor quality materials, wherever corners can be cut they have been cut. It is not worth more than a Stern pro at best. AVOID this game!
Figgins edited previous rating on January 08, 2021.
Figgins currently owns this game. 4 Pinsiders flagged this rating/review. 2 Pinsiders starred this rating !

#12645 3 years ago

Looks like JustEverett had some issues as well.

JustEverett
Wichita Pinball (WPC)

US Wichita, KS

3y102K841857
It took me a long time to track down a TBL, and it was worth the wait. I spent an evening at a friends playing and probably only was able to play 5-6 full games. There were lots of issues with the build quality from Dutch: lots of code issues that led to lockups when we were trying to play 4 player games, a flipper coil fell off during one of my games, and the weirdest one was a friend causing a full reboot of the game with just a little bit of static electricity charge.

#12646 3 years ago

With the current price points, I can see why Dutch is losing sales to Alien, GnrLE and Led Zeppelin. Know about 7 buddy's now that have switched deposits.

#12655 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Pitty you only post half the review and leave the good part out. Wonder why??
Complete post reads as follows and gives a total perspective of Just experience.
It took me a long time to track down a TBL, and it was worth the wait. I spent an evening at a friends playing and probably only was able to play 5-6 full games. There were lots of issues with the build quality from Dutch: lots of code issues that led to lockups when we were trying to play 4 player games, a flipper coil fell off during one of my games, and the weirdest one was a friend causing a full reboot of the game with just a little bit of static electricity charge

Just pointing out the issues, hoping Dutch ups there game... Considering it's the most expensive pin ever new in box next to GnRCE.
But everyone above might be right... continue building the same quality, they can fix it them selves and deserve to... and don't use a credit card. enjoy

#12656 3 years ago

Sorry to hear about your issues, I have to admit I am surprised to hear of all those problems with your game. I have owned 2 TBL’s and both have been nearly flawless (a couple switch adjustments). My games have had excellent fit and finish and played great.
TBL is a stunningly beautiful game and when it gets a code update it will be top 10 game IMHO.

Not my games, 2 recent games delivered.

Quoted from Flash71:

If you already have a TBL then stop posting you’re bullshit butt hurt comments in this pre order group. So sick of the negativity.

Got one on order. Hence why I'm posting to bring up the quality mo,mo. As the classic Al Pacino once said,
uh-oh-we-got-a-moron-here (resized).jpguh-oh-we-got-a-moron-here (resized).jpg

#12658 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I have to say the TBL is a beautiful machine and
Strongly build , one of the heaviest machines I moved.
TBL has so much fun stuff of the movie in it with many call outs either adult version or non
But ... it desperately need better code which they are working on, so 2021 should see this , also they need to step up their communication with better updates to owners and awaiting future owners.
Every game has a certain experience for fun factor so if your a TBL fan it’s an easy buy
Looking for an different adrenaline rush then get GNR LE And be blown away.

particle board is heavy as"shit" when used.
Just decided, sorry guys.. just can't do it...decided to transfer my deposit to Alien. Gonna roll the dice at $7k. Peace, out!

#12660 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Have you ever lifted the playfield?? All the sides and back box shell are engineered wood....
Did you get burned by Dutch Pinball or something??

I Analyzed the pictures from busted up games during shipping, bottom cab and back of the back boxs, maybe more parts...I should have posted pics, my bad.
Didn't get burned, just don't see the value at $12500. with the build quality/stories. Rather get a GnRLE and save $3000 +tax, and a Alien for sure at $7k. So for an extra $4k, I get 2 amazing games. No big deal, enjoy TBL guys.. I played it a few times already. Its cool, just wasn't impressed with the build quality. Cheers!

#12662 3 years ago

Hey thanks Rensh, we all appreciate you keeping us up to date on everything. Your a great asset to Dutch, hope they know that. And yes, definitely rolling the dice with Alien and PB, but I learned a great trick from the TBL reviews, pay with a credit card and your a$$ is covered;D

#12668 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

This Lambergerstuff is bullshit and I do not understand his motivation, expect letting us know that he has the money for a new pinball but is incredibly wise not to buy a TBL. Fine !
Good to read that you are happy with the build quality ... same for me. TBL is not better or worst than all the other machines.
You might get some problems but the community will help.
In friend here in Germany has strange issues with his TBL. He contacted Barry , barry asked him where he lives and offered to come over with spare parts ! At the end my friend got all parts new to test and it worked well for him. I see Gery and Jack travelling around to fix their customers problems ....
So have fun with yout TBL !

Sorry TomDK, Don't mean to come off negative.. It's just my opinion which doesn't matter. Everyone can decide for themselves. I support what Dutch is trying to do... But I realized the biggest part for myself is why should I have to pay $4500 more (+tax 13% in Canada $7000 Canadian total) for a game because Dutch eff'd up there first launch? They should cover the games that are already paid for themselves. Why should I? So, I decided to put my money on machines that are $7000 less. Plus, I wasn't impressed from the build quality when I played one, pictures of TBL materials broken from shipping and reading the 2 reviews above. If your trying to understand my thought process as to why, I hope this helps. It makes sense to me. Alien and GNR for what TBL should be priced at. This is my last post because I officially moved my deposit just now.

For everyone getting TBL, I wish you nothing but the best experience. Cheers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,000 (OBO)
$ 210.00
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lamberger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=Lamberger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.