(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,280 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Cojua88
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9111 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

As a reality check - if new manufacturer were to become involved, it’s time to restart the clock. They’d need to create custom parts and molds.

One of the first posts said that ARA would be releasing all games, parts of games, semi-completed games and tooling. So needing to completely tool up again would not be a concern.

Also, that $500k figure raised by selling 40 machines at $12,500 does not account for shipping cost (included in the $12.5k), and some kind of profit to Cointaker. One could probably conservatively take ~$50k off that number. The x-factor here is how many parts are available at ARA to possibly assemble more machines from stock on hand? American Pinball could possibly contract assemble some of these with somewhat minimal cash outlay from DP.

#9236 4 years ago

It's not $500k. It's 400k-450k max...shipping isn't free and CT is profiting some also.

1 week later
#9450 4 years ago

Hopefully the paid in full preorder pin from a startup company is now a dead concept. If these companies had a sound financial plan, they would be able to get all the money they need from any bank out there. The fact that no financial institution is willing to finance them should set some glaring alarms off.

#9457 4 years ago

License renewal isn't that hard. Sometimes, it is quite easy.

#9492 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Melissa is one of if not the best person in the pinball industry in my eyes and she always looks after others best interests.

I know some EA's that could argue against you on that one.

4 weeks later
#10253 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Just as suspected there was no judgement from the courts this was a deal struck between ARA and DP. This is why the EAs will receive nothing from what they rightfully should have owned. It's too bad this is in a land where no one had the ability to hold DP to the fire. Very sad. As suspected not even one thought of numbers or a plan or investor to be able to get EAs their games

The fact that there was no bankruptcy and no settlement means that EA's can band together and sue DP now, right?

#10358 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Was this DP and coin-taker deal a few months of planning?[quoted image]

I still say that is a troll. Maybe the same guy that is selling one for $25k on Facebook.

#10393 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Didn’t look anywhere close to 500 pins when I was there last month...someone is prone to exaggeration!

He has more than one location....

#10522 4 years ago

I am not sure my opinion of Cointaker will ever be the same after this. Sure, they can come on here and say "we are just doing our job", but the fact of the matter is that they were complicit in selling games off that were paid for and designated for EA's with EA numbers physically attached to them. They fact that CT is so nonchalant about it really bugs me.

#10531 4 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

We happen to have 3 of the EA's due too us as well as we purchased some from other people when they wanted to bail. We are in the same exact boat as the other EA's. Hence trying to get these games back into production. We are just trying to see a great game made and hopefully someday (we are in the 100's on the EA list) see our games as well.
And we are far from nonchalant on this. If you say you want to see the EA's get there games, how on earth do you think that was going to happen if this lawsuit was not settled?

Do you honestly believe with all your heart that DP is going to make enough games to make EA's whole? You can't possibly believe that one guy and a couple volunteers are going to build out 500 games by the end of 2020. Spooky has spent years now honing their process and getting their shit together and now can make 10 games a week. How long do you think DP is going to take to make even one game, let alone hundreds? If you do believe this, I think you are far too trusting of someone who has done nothing but lie and piss away other peoples money for years now. How much have you been told about DP's current financial situation and working capital? I have a hard time believing someone with a successful business like CT can look at this situation with that kind of rose colored glasses. If you don't actually believe DP can build these games, than my thoughts above are absolutely true. If DP goes tits up after building 50 games, how are you going to feel about being a part of selling off games that someone else already paid for? Most people will forget by then, but I won't.

#10568 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Dude these games were awarded by Court to ARA (for the millionth time). At this point they were no longer Barry’s and not stolen goods.
Do you have a court system in your state?!!

The agreement was made outside of court, IIRC.

#10718 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

And then paying even more a second time in the hopes that you get both houses, meanwhile the realtor is just collecting commissions on every sale and calling it a good deed.

Savage, yet accurate.

2 months later
#11296 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question...on the Vivak Pet-g. How does the plastic look over time with the ball rolling on it. Is Vivak a more unique version of pet-g. Reason I ask is that Acrylic tends to hold up much better to scratches but unfortunately is brittle.
Pet-g I used is very durable; however scratches easily. Wondering how the Vivak petg plastic will look with ball rolling over playfield- will it scratch easily?

Vivak is just a brand name.

1 month later
#11449 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I do wish I knew where I was at on the list but CT is very busy right now and my attempts to find out have been less than fruitful. This gives me the impression that I'm wayyyyy far down on the list otherwise I would think CT would be more willing to say you're in spot X and you may be getting a game sometime during X timeframe. It's okay, I get it, Melissa was polite when I called her to ask but I could tell this wasn't a conversation that she wanted to have and I get it. I'm a reasonable person though, no reason to get frustrated when it's really not CT/Melissa's fault. I figure I've asked enough times now and so not going to continue to waste her time. If she get's back to me with an answer, great, if not, that's okay too.
Jeff

It's $12,000 fucking dollars, not a $2 matchbox car. I'd tell them to shove it if they can't be straight with me when it comes to spending that kind of money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=JodyG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.