(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dan1733.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11580 4 years ago

Sorry for such a silly question. Where is the USB port? Looked in the back box and could not find it. Appreciate it very much.

1 month later
#11670 3 years ago

I called Melissa 6 months ago and was told I was in the 320s.

Would love to know how to jump up to 20th. Or 21st.

#11681 3 years ago

Not sure it really compares to anything else. Can't think of too many pins that have both an upper and lower playfield. And I believe its the most unique lower playfield I can remember.

If you like the movie, you will love the game. How many games have a movie clip of the main character asking permission to smoke a joint?

#11714 3 years ago

You should be able to move it with a dolly if you have someone helping you. You probably don't need a lift table, but its a cheap and useful tool.

3 months later
#12027 3 years ago

To my knowledge there is no manual for this game. Of any kind.

Without that, it would take a pretty experienced person to assemble a TBL from scratch.

#12040 3 years ago

From Melissa this morning:

"there are some delays since they had 3 weeks off and had some parts delays, but are starting to ship again.

Sincerely,

Melissa"

There is no way DP is doing 10 to 15 a month. Not even close.

1 month later
#12207 3 years ago

Not sure they are putting out 20 games a month. Perhaps, but I told I was no. 17 on the list three months ago. I know, COVID and all, but still...

1 month later
#12328 3 years ago

Same here. Received invoice but no guidance on expected delivery.

1 week later
#12435 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarkko:

DP just posted this on their Facebook page (in Dutch; translation by Google Translate)
“Employee Assembly
(We are looking for full-time and part-time employees, 24 to 38 hours a week, working from home is not possible.
About us
Dutch Pinball designs, develops and produces new pinball machines. We recently moved to a larger location. To scale up production, we are looking for enthusiastic assembly employees who can work very accurately, and just like us, are thrilled to work on a very special product.
Job requirements
• Experience in the use of tools.
• Assemble (sub) assemblies with great attention and very precisely.
• Good command of the Dutch language in word and writing. Apart from this most important requirement, any other language is welcome in addition. We have clients all over the world.
What are your activities
• Everything related to building a pinball machine!
• If you don't know or are able to build pinball machines yet, we will teach you.
• Colleagues point to improvements in components, tools and assembly.
• Be professional, collegial and constructive.
What do we offer
• In case of suitability, internal training which can result in a permanent contract.
• Market-based wage based on the Metal & Technology Collective Labor Agreement.
• Time for time regulation. Overtime is compensated in free time. Always in consultation.
• A very nice working environment!
And because in the Covid-19 situation we don't have a system to do a lot of CVs and interviews; be creative in your application. Send this to [email protected].”

Great. No experience required. How hard can it be?

Makes me feel so good about my future game.

#12436 3 years ago

Oh wait. You do need experience.

• Experience in the use of tools.

#12438 3 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

My guess is that Stern and the other manufacturers do not only have employees with decades of experience building the simple components of the machines. I have to believe some of this work is very "assembly line" like in the sense that you can teach a new person to do the same smaller tasks over and over again to knock out the grunt work.
That being said I admit I am just speculating. I have never run a pinball machine factory.

I've been to the Stern factory a couple times. Watched the employees string miles of wire in accordance with schematics that would make you faint.

Those with less experience probably lean on those with years of experience.

Here's hoping it works out for Dutch.

1 week later
#12466 3 years ago

Man it’s always something. Now a car crash? The excuses are endless.

Happy thanksgiving preorder club.

#12472 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Are you implying here this accident didn’t happen and it’s fake news?

I have no doubt the car crash happened. But how many pinball companies get side-tracked by a car crash? Involving two games? Probably means months more waiting for everyone. Oh well. First world problem.

1 month later
#12579 3 years ago

Emailed Melissa this morning, as CT was supposed to receive a container of 10 games before the end of this year.

Would you believe they didn't arrive? Now supposed to arrive second week of January.

Happy holidays TBL pre-order club.

Dan

1 week later
#12634 3 years ago

Anyone heard anything about the 10 units that were supposed to arrive November, December, end of the year, now this week?

Though they are reasonably responsive, tired of e-mailing CT.

#12636 3 years ago

Guy wins a free pinball and gets extra sassy.

Booo!

1 month later
#12840 3 years ago

Always an empty factory.

#12855 3 years ago

For me, paid in full 15 months after getting on the list (no initial deposit). Game delivered 3 months later.

#12864 3 years ago

Wouldn't worry about it. You have about two years to cover your tracks.

#12868 3 years ago

New folks on the list will be rewarded. By the time your pins arrive updated code will have fixed some tricky issues.

#12871 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I see the humor and understand why you are saying it but if it really takes so long pls come and visit me in the mental hospital

Hopefully, with the new facility, lead times will shorten considerably. The photos you shared are impressive.

#12872 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

1) Nice collection there. You have all the best ones together in one room.
2) What kind of tricky issues we talking here? I did indeed see news about the code being updated (0.54 if I remember correctly) but I haven't read too much about game issues and all that.

Rensh could probably clarify. I can only speak to my own experience. I have owned two: a very early run and a new one. Both games had/have the issues identified in post 105 of the software bugs thread. The software bugs and maintenance threads have great advice. Largely supported by Rensh, cpr9999 and others.

Problems seem largely confined to the rug, its consistent operation during rug modes, and the music playing (or not playing) during rug modes. Since the failures are intermittent, it seems they should be easily corrected software fixes (as opposed to mechanical/design issues).

Even with these issues, its still my favorite game.

And thank you again to Rensh who is churning out documentation, instructions and a manual. These two will assist the TBL club a lot.

#12875 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

A printed version of my proto manual for checking purposes .
Am very pleased with how it turned out. Now checking, adding pictures and call it a day that is, till the next release
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So much work, wow. Thanks for helping the community. Would love to read a version, even if its still being revised.

Well done.

2 weeks later
#12960 3 years ago

It can be a longer wait. For me it was 3 months after PIF.

Hang in there, as you already know, its worth it.

4 weeks later
#12995 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Sounds like anyone who put their names down but didn't pay a deposit, is being pushed to the back on the line in favour of those who have paid deposits. That's a little disappointing if that is the case.
What was the point of putting your name down then, to be skipped over in favour of someone who put down a deposit over 6 months later.

That wasn't my experience. But it really would be helpful if CT published the list. Everyone could be assigned a buyer number, to preserve anonymity.

1 week later
#13029 2 years ago

It a great feeling firing it up the first time.

#13031 2 years ago

Opportunity to skip the line just went up. Just 18999. :/

1 week later
#13059 2 years ago

A lot of these time-lines feel optimistic, but I hope not. Looking forward to seeing the un-boxings.

#13064 2 years ago

Many people don't care about pinside. I pity those people.

That said, I just think we would see more unboxings if the optimistic projections were true.

But I hope they are true.

1 week later
#13071 2 years ago

Well done! It does need the cpr speaker lights though...

2 weeks later
#13105 2 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Mine is being delivered this Wednesday, coming from Cointaker. I ordered mid May 2020, and paid the invoice just about a month and a half ago. Anyone else in this shipment?

Wow, well done

That's about as fast as I've seen someone getting a game. Hopefully production will begin to match capacity.

2 months later
#13341 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

How many Lebowski games have been made so far?

If you check back through this thread, CPR9999 has made some seemingly accurate projections. Along with the best tbl mods of all time

4 months later
#13694 2 years ago

I wonder if an e-mail to Barry wouldn't yield an answer to the planes, trains and automobiles question

3 weeks later
#13769 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Those are from Pingraffix. They make black ones (pictured in the post) and blue ones (what I installed), so you get your pick. I use the wet method to apply side art which I have found to be successful and normally get the help of a buddy because a second set of hands can be helpful. Essentially, this is what I do:
1) Clean the area where you are going to apply the decals. For a new machine like TBL, it should already been fine
2) Raise the playfield up vertically
3) Peel the side art off and flip it over so the stick side is facing up
4) Apply soapy water (I used dish detergent) all along the sticky side. You want a nice soapy coating, but don't overdo it
5) Carry the side art over to the machine and position it correctly. This will require trial and error but the soapy water will allow you to apply and re-apply to get the position correctly. Ensure it's positioned correctly all along the side and make sure it isn't too high and getting into the track where the playfield glass slides into. You can use the hole in the back of the machine from the backbox hinge as a guide (there's a corresponding hole in the side art), but understand that it won't always align perfectly to that hole
6) Once positioned correctly, smooth the decal into place to get a nice adhesion. Wipe away any excess water and ensure you don't have any bubbling. If there are bubbles, smooth them out.
7) Repeat this process with the other side
8) Once completed and into the future, be very careful when moving the playfield in/out or up/down understanding that it's a fairly tight fit and you could easily damage your decals
I purchased a set of these protectors a long time ago and literally use them for every machine when I'm moving the playfield around. They have been awesome to have and I have never damaged side art or mirror blades as a result. https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html
Hope that helps you out

This is very good advice. Applying these "wet" is the only way to go unless you are taking the playfield out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dan1733.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=Dan1733 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.