(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

268 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Concretehardt. You are on page 1 of 2.
#5 9 years ago

In case you missed it... Thanks FT

Quoted from fattrain:

Took all the songs from the email and made a 20 song YouTube playlist for people to jam out to if they so chose
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFouy-ekjueMrC3tOLCosbwjAdlUaIbCl

4 weeks later
#28 9 years ago

Dudes I like the positive vibe in this thread!

2 months later
#138 8 years ago

Sure hope some new shit comes to light.

2 weeks later
#208 8 years ago

Not really a question but I would like to see pics of the factory and games on the line or at least pics of piles of game parts ect.

3 weeks later
#282 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Hopefully, "true serial number" notifications will be sent soon given that pre-ordering ended two months ago.

I know the feeling. The NW Pinball Show (which started today) has Kiss, Hobbit, and a prototype Magic Girl, but no Big Lebowski.
Very disappointing as I was hoping to finally see it in person.

#285 8 years ago
Quoted from eightbitbanjo:

If anyone is looking for a refund id be happy to buy their place in line.

Well like uh... I don't think that's allowed man.

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I only had to pay $500 deposit for my spot. When the game ships I have to pay the rest. Well worth the risk.. Not worried at all. If it did go wrong $500 is ok with me for a loss

How and with whom did you work that deal?

#347 8 years ago

Wow when did you order?

#355 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

back off Concretehardt hes mine!

LOL Bill your the last guy i want to get into a wallet fight with

#360 8 years ago

Cant help but wonder who got #1 and if this was the number reveal pic??

#366 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Your a good man Concretehardt a true pleasure meeting you at the show. I will donate my Raza spot to you or any recovery that comes from it to help with your situation. Excited to see you are here on TBL there's a very good shot you will be getting this one! Cheers Mate

Thanks Bill! great meeting you too, you are definitely one of the good guys in this hobby!
All my hopes are riding on TBL #141 as many others went on the chopping block so I could keep this game while still getting bills paid. I hope I made the right decision! (I have been wrong a lot lately)

Disclaimer: TBL will be the last Pre order I ever do.

2 weeks later
#414 8 years ago

DP needs to have communication set to maximum with their customers! After the JPOP and Predator blow up people have a hell of a lot less patience and risk tolerance. Keep the updates coming guys even if they are small.

#418 8 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

It's time for some pics from the factory don't you think?

Yes! That is exactly what we need right now.

#425 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

A picture is coming of a pile of playfields....
stay tuned....

New shit is coming to light?

1 month later
#482 8 years ago

Time for some new shit to come to light! Hit us with an NSNL please.

1 week later
#496 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

How does the rug interact with the game?

Quoted from ectobar:

They work in unison to tie the room together.

^^^THIS^^^

1 week later
#525 8 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I'll take a spot. Wonder how I get in on the dropped spots?

I think they dropped out a while ago while the pre order period was still open. From what I remember the final count was 170ish machines to be made from the original pre orders and I would be suprised if any of the "achievers" have given up their spots. I'm curious as DP had originally said spots could not be sold, I wonder if that is still the case?

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

I'd be really disappointed if the apron didn't have the cut stars. They really tie the game together.

X 2 keep the stars on the apron Dudes!

#550 8 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I am still expecting the fancy apron guys. It would be a little weird to very specifically show that (there was a 'guess what this is' post or update a while back involving the cool apron) and then cutting it.

Agreed! Burningman can you get clarification on the apron issue for us please?

2 weeks later
#590 8 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I don't understand why Kahlua wouldn't want in on TBL pinball, especially after seeing this video:
» YouTube video
They clearly tied this promo video with the Lebowski movie, even down to the video's description.

Like they are Nihilists man.

#602 8 years ago

Sweet looking apron on the TBL at Expo this year!image.jpgimage.jpg

#611 8 years ago

What??

Quoted from karl:What! None of the original songs. Only covers? Or did I misunderstand that last one??? (I surely hope so)

X2 this would be a deal breaker!

#654 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

They would have needed to get that anyway. Songs would be a separate IP holder from the get-go. Licensing the film assets would have given them no automatic rights to the music.
Plus, if it were the case that the music had to be tied to the clip then it would only stand to reason that the clips would have been approved ages ago. Which is not the case, because, as I understand it, DP is still awaiting final app from the IP holder.

If we can use pin browser on TBL it will solve this music issue. Can someone find Jaap at expo and ask him if the code will be open source?

#656 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

As a software engineer, I have to correct the open source stuff throwing out there..we do not need open source to change the audio.. Stern isn't open source and you can change the audio just fine. They just need to leave the door open to change out the assets.. No encryption, etc.
Sorry . If you ask them about open source, the answer will be no. But asking them about whether they are going to make it hard to change the music assets or not is a valid question.

10-4

#702 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Jaap said that they got the first production model from the factory - and could have shipped them - but they were shit and had to make changes. The new production models will be at DPO in Nov. so - even though he wouldn't give us a date (seems to be the new MO for anyone but Stern) - it's clearly "close".

There's nothing blind about my faith. I own BOP 2.0. They've shipped me an awesome functional and supported product. I've played the Lebowski protos and seen the pics of the production model. Focus on $$$? Why? This isn't an egomaniac in a garage or a meth head in a basement - these are guys who have produced. "Pinball is hard" so yes there are delays and issues, but these guys have it together. All the evidence is clear...no one is blind.

Rarehero are you at expo? Just curios if you talked to Jaap in person this year and played the Proto's they brought? Also when he said the first production model was shit did he elaborate at all, what was the problem?

#709 8 years ago

Hot off the press NSNL
Check your email!
image.pngimage.pngimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#716 8 years ago

And from the seminar at expo..

2 weeks later
#771 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Decent pre DPO update in your inbox. 5 new TBLs sitting in a row!

Was it a NSNL? I didn't get it

#772 8 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I like the new apron design!!

New_Apron.jpg

That will tie the game together nicely! I like it!

#800 8 years ago

I think the preorders were around 190 games +-

1 week later
#844 8 years ago

Holy crap, I am getting excited! Thanks for the pics, It appears they are building games as they resolve the last few issues that were fleshed out at the last show... I am stoked

#857 8 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

Just to be perfectly clear here.....you're saying that DP is not willing to refund your purchase?

Here is my experience... I nearly got cold feet after the expo showing and news about the original music. I contacted Barry and Jaap with a list of my concerns and inquired about a possible refund, Jaap got right back with me and said they don't want unhappy customers and they would refund my money. I then received an email from Barry addressing all of my concerns and at that point I decided to stay in. What might be different between my situation and Hwawonyu's is that I was automaticity refunded without request during Phil-gate so my payments are much more recent and all thru pay pal as opposed to an original buyer who was never auto refunded and had the payments go thru square trade (whatever that is) hopefully DP can assist in getting Hwawonyu's bal of funds back ASAP.

All of the recent news (and the pics above) are making me really happy that I stayed in!

#867 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Lol.....I changed it to celebrate the comic book spider man that is actually being made. I wish you guys the best, but it's clear to me, someone needs to beat you guys over the head with a stick! Spooky, Heighway, those are two new companies that you can trust, everyone else are just wanna be boys............ Papa Knight warned you. 17 dislikes on the last post was pretty lame, could we maybe try to get this one to 25+, let's show pinside how powerful denial really is.

Dude don't go away mad, Dude just go away.

1 month later
#981 8 years ago

Ok I feel a NSNL coming on... Come on DP bring on an update.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1000 8 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Hey there Dudes,
Don't know if everyone has seen this video of gameplay of TBL.
It was posted November 11th 2015 on Dutch Pinball's Facebook page.
Have a look:
» YouTube video

Looking good Dudes

3 weeks later
#1035 8 years ago

I talked to Melissa yesterday and she is 100% confident that things are moving forward with TBL, we should have an update soon (new information is coming to light)

1 week later
#1057 8 years ago

From the NSNL..... Roger Sharpe Abides!!
"Roger did what he does best and he managed to get approval for nearly all of the epic clips from the movie we (and you of course) love and wanted in the game. So yes, they're all going to be in the game: Jesus dancing, Walters "Mark it Zero", Marties Cycle, Bunnies "blow me", Brandt, Maude, Donny, The Big Lebowski, Smokey, all of zee Nihilists, The Stranger, etc, etc, etc.

In total the game will feature 200+ clips!

We would like thank Roger for his involvement in making this happen. "

#1069 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

As of today am a proud member of the TBL pre order club. I was on the fence but when I heard the rumor about the Lawlor pin I stepped up.

Whats the rumor about the Lawlor pin?

4 weeks later
#1116 8 years ago

Any feedback on the games at TPF?

#1117 8 years ago

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#1123 8 years ago

Wow I can't believe not one comment on how the new TBL's played, code updated ect?

#1136 8 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

The big lebowski?! What's next... dukes of hazzard or Magnum PI?
I personally cant think of a worse pin theme than the big lebowski. It wasnt even that good of a movie. It'll surely be a dud as a pinball game.

#1146 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Hmm ? How about Hard Body ?

Maybe he could re-theme hardbody into a sweet ass Magnum P.I. Pin

#1180 8 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Q: WTF are these guys doing at shows when their order cue is already full?
A: CASHFLOW

I guess you could say the same thing about JJP and Hobbit.. News flash both company's want to sell more machines

The only DP order que that is full is the pre order que (achiever editions) I would assume they would like to get orders for a few hundred more machines.

Quoted from SadSack:

Q: WTF are these guys doing at shows

PS. W#F are you doing in this thread?

#1183 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No doubt Concrete. Wouldn't you think a little better communication with the people that are fully paid would help that cause?
I don't get it. Maybe it's a new kind of marketing tactic

Totally agree Ice DP's communication has been sub par! (Maybe it's a Dutch thing)

Come on DP kick us a NSNL with some bread crumbs on how the code is maturing... Please

3 weeks later
#1239 7 years ago

I have a good feeling about today... DP dudes please don't let us down!

#1260 7 years ago

I am so jealous!
How about some un boxing pics for us rug pissers.

#1276 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

number 3 is expected to get his TBL on his doorstep next week so unboxing pictures will happen soon anyway !!

I know where #3 is going and it's not far from me, sounds like this dude is going to be paying a visit to a monkey I know.

#1281 7 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

For all you know, it's an empty box...

I know for a fact the box coming to Oregon (game#003) is not empty

1 week later
#1343 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

image_(resized).jpeg

Looks like I need to plan a trip to Portland!

#1348 7 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

I don't know any of you guys but will bring as many White Russians as it takes.

1 week later
#1400 7 years ago
Quoted from medic0000:

I hope I don't offend anyone. This is my first post on Pinside. I feel compelled to ask everyone to stop complaining about the production schedule.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I would like to take this opportunity to complain about the production schedule.

You guys crack me up! By the way does anyone have an update on the production schedule?

#1421 7 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

Don't say that --- #147

What he said #141

3 weeks later
#1607 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Doesn't seem fair to call him the loser. People get a refund for all kinds of reasons. There were at least three major issues to consider. Heck, if even one of them did not meet your personal smell test, you were advised to bail immediately! Nobody is a loser

I am a loser for believing in JPOP, what the hell was I thinking!

#1610 7 years ago

Ice think of the custom sound packages available for TWD, many possibilitys here

#1637 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys, mine came in 2 weeks ago.

Seriously? What # are you?

1 month later
#1724 7 years ago

How long is the August vacation?

1 week later
#1755 7 years ago

#1795 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I don't care about this machine.

Great! dont let the door hit you on the way out of this thread.

#1844 7 years ago

Achiever Edition #141 seems like a lifetime away

1 week later
#1919 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Delphinus stands tall and comes into NJ/NYC harbor, roaring like a Lion3an!

The crew has no idea what valuable cargo they have onboard.

1 week later
#2011 7 years ago

Who making the Doobie mod?

3 weeks later
#2177 7 years ago

I would love to see a pulp fiction pin from DP for game two.

#2201 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can't think of way to say this that doesn't sound dickish, but I played this game nearly 2 years ago, why isn't the code further along after all this time?

That was the same question I had about the Hobbit. I'm not sure in either case but looking at BOP 2.0 I am confident the DP team will come thru with complete code for TBL.

Edit:
From NSL this morning (sounds like more code is coming)

"Game and live scoring
We are also working on the development of the game. You can expect a software update within a couple of weeks. With this update, you also will get instructions on how to connect your game to the internet and enjoy Live Scoring like we also offer with the Bride of Pinbot 2.0 http://www.dutchpinball.com/bop2/live/"

1 week later
#2248 7 years ago

Any guesses on what game number DP is up to? I would guess building in the #70's

#2307 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Hey guys, just trying to get an idea on my machine. How many "Early Editions" were made? I'm #85 whatever that means but don't think I'm an early edition for obvious reason. However, I still get a rug just not a number and plaque.
Thanks for your help. I'm just trying to not bother Melissa too much.

When did you order? And are you #85 Achiever edition or just #85?

#2313 7 years ago

EAE edition has special badging, chrome and rug for $8500

Standard edition has chrome and rug for $10,000

#2333 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

So I think I figured it out. I'm probably #85 on Cointaker's list and not necessarily overall obviously. I ordered in late July so seriously doubt I'm getting an early edition game. I will call to verify though.

I ordered in fall of 2014 and I am number 141

1 week later
#2383 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

yep, barely.
...and I think I may have found the cause of some of the launcher issues. I did a quick write up on the DP forums.
Tested and played 6 rounds of bowling with the launcher working flawlessly side to side and without stutter at the end of the sweeps.
fingers crossed.

Can I get a link to the DP forum please

1 week later
#2431 7 years ago

+1 for TBL... Hard to beat a kick ass the theme!

#2433 7 years ago

I wonder if the game at expo was one of the old pre production games that cointaker has been hauling around?

1 week later
#2455 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Think the big one just hit LA

Dude? WTF?

#2459 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Hey guys - I kind of hate to do this, but I just moved into a new house with an unfinished basement and my basement won't be refinished for probably another 3-4 months. In fact, I will probably have to move my games into storage to get this project done. Cointaker is sitting on my game right now until I can take delivery. And this thread is killing me!!!
I would consider trading with another achiever that doesn't have their game yet. Any takers?

PM sent!

1 week later
#2486 7 years ago

TBL #19 Is on its way to Oregon... I am beyond excited!!!

#2515 7 years ago

#19 has landed thanks Mike & Melissa!

IMG_4756 (resized).JPGIMG_4756 (resized).JPG

#2519 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Is #19 inboxed ?

Not yet it may have to wait until this weekend as I have been working late every night. My wife had a bottle of kahlua sitting on the kitchen table when I got home last night... She is ready to unbox this game!

1 week later
#2526 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Wonder if Concretehardt is unboxing yet?

Dudes, I had to work last weekend and really needed to make room for TBL.. Yesterday my MM went to a new home which opened up a spot for TBL, i'll be unboxing Friday night... will post pics

I will miss MM but after 4 years it's time to let someone else enjoy her

IMG_4922 (resized).JPGIMG_4922 (resized).JPG

#2547 7 years ago

Here we go Dudes #19...

IMG_4756 (resized).JPGIMG_4756 (resized).JPG
IMG_4967 (resized).JPGIMG_4967 (resized).JPG
IMG_4970 (resized).JPGIMG_4970 (resized).JPG
IMG_4971 (resized).JPGIMG_4971 (resized).JPG

#2548 7 years ago

Very well packed! (this game is beautiful!)

IMG_4972 (resized).JPGIMG_4972 (resized).JPG
IMG_4973 (resized).JPGIMG_4973 (resized).JPG
IMG_4974 (resized).JPGIMG_4974 (resized).JPG
IMG_4975 (resized).JPGIMG_4975 (resized).JPG

#2549 7 years ago

Question it appears that these 3 plugs marked ATX 1, 2 and 3 are all unplugged from the cool master I see where they should plug but the cool master box isn't marked 1 2 3 and the plugs are all the same... does it matter which hole they plug into?

IMG_4978 (resized).JPGIMG_4978 (resized).JPG

#2552 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

And? Everything else go smooth so far?

Yes got her waxed up and leveled, now just waiting for my wife to get her Mac out so I can update from .44 to .45 code.

IMG_4984 (resized).JPGIMG_4984 (resized).JPG

#2554 7 years ago

Hmm not sure what I am doing wrong, I'm trying to install .45 code. I downloaded the file onto a USB stick inserted it and went to USB update and nothing is happening.

IMG_4993 (resized).JPGIMG_4993 (resized).JPG

#2556 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Try turning it off, inserting the USB stick, then turn in on.

Figured it out, my computer was automatically unzipping the file and apparently DP games need the file to not be unzipped. I disabled the auto unzip setting and re downloaded

IMG_4995 (resized).JPGIMG_4995 (resized).JPG

IMG_4998 (resized).JPGIMG_4998 (resized).JPG

#2558 7 years ago

Ok played about 15 games, the game seems to be working perfectly with just one exception, the shot that goes around the bowling alley and lights the bowling lights (to go bowling) is not registering hits/loops. What's strange is that in test mode the switch works every time but when you start a game the switch stops registering. Has anyone else experienced this? Everything else on the game works flawlessly.

#2569 7 years ago

Ok I did some trouble shooting this morning and it appears that the switch in the picture below isn't working. I have confirmed that the switch is ok so something else is wrong. Without this switch it is not possible to complete the bowling lights in order to go bowling. Everything under they playfield appears to be plugged it ok.
I emailed Jaap, is there a way to submit a trouble ticket to DP on this issue?

IMG_5003 (resized).JPGIMG_5003 (resized).JPG

#2572 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Email: support (at) DutchPinball (dot) com
Opens a ticket.
Try following the cable back to see where it goes?

Thanks! I opened a ticket, over all I'm very impressed with the game! Besides one switch not working the game plays flawlessly.

#2582 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I thought they were all sold out?

I think Nitro had a few left available from there original allotment.. I believe they are in Canada so not sure how that works for those wanting a game in the US.

1 week later
#2584 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok I did some trouble shooting this morning and it appears that the switch in the picture below isn't working. I have confirmed that the switch is ok so something else is wrong. Without this switch it is not possible to complete the bowling lights in order to go bowling. Everything under they playfield appears to be plugged it ok.
I emailed Jaap, is there a way to submit a trouble ticket to DP on this issue?

Update: With Barry's help I figured out where the MPF ramp complete switch plugs in.. (under the mini playfield, not where I thought) i was able to get my hand up in there without taking the playfield off and reseat the plug and that's all it took
My game works 100% now.. F#ck it! im going bowling.

#2586 7 years ago

I wonder if a cliffy Williams shooter lane protector would work on TBL

#2600 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ok has anyone installed the left ramp diverter "fix" that DP sent, the new little metal part to replace the old one so it wouldn't get jammed up top. I CAN NOT get it to work, it is slightly larger(if you hold them up against one another one the new one I have is like 1/8-1/4" larger it seems in length) and doesn't seem to work in that slot in the ramp, it gets stuck now and can't move up and down cause it is rubbing the ramp. The metal piece just seems too big for that slot in the ramp. So frustrated, tore it apart and put it back together like 10 different times tonight and just gave up for now. Anyone else replaced it and had problems? Figured I'd check here before waiting for a week to hear from DP. :-/

I was worried about this issue when I got my game (#19) but my diverter has always worked flawlessly. Was this only an issue on the first few games produced?

#2611 7 years ago

Sounds cool!

IMG_5258 (resized).JPGIMG_5258 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#2684 7 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

TBL just sounds like a nightmare but I love the theme and game.

I have game #19 and besides one switch not registering (I reseated the plug and fixed it) the game works 100% no issues ever with the ramp diverter or bowling mech or anything else. I love the game, just needs more code.

3 weeks later
#2883 7 years ago

I am hoping to be able to pick up a later build date TBL, hopefully things smooth out, build issues get resolved, communication improves and code gets finished (and I can find a TBL to buy later)

2 weeks later
#3386 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I now have a deposit on two...any body else want to jump ship? Haha!

he is trying to corner the market!

IMG_6518 (resized).JPGIMG_6518 (resized).JPG

3 months later
#5121 6 years ago
Quoted from EternalLife:

So it's not 10 completed games - someone at ARA lied to Kapper? Pictures and eyewitness accounts of at least 78 completed games at ARA, possibly up to 95.

Unless the games that rubber duck saw were unpacked so the "faulty boards" could be replaced and then went somewhere else like non achiever/cash buyers? What sucks is that DP and ARA are both proven liars so it really doesn't matter what they say.

#5168 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

They still aren't. Just because you (and others) don't have all the inside info, and rather go by assumptions and speculations, doesn't mean DP are lying. DP share what they can, but ARA is reading Pinside too and why would DP let them look into their cards? Would you?
So I noticed you offered your game for sale. If Pinside was a stock market the value of TBL would have dropped significantly due to all the speculation and assumptions in this thread. That's all fine, but it doesn't make any sense that you're trying to sell your spot for $8500. I get that you want your money back. It's fine that's you're willing to get out and sell your spot, but the 8500 number is way off. Partly due to your own participation in this thread the value of delivered games on the Pinside market may have gone up, but the value of games being held hostage, or not even build, on the Pinside market simply dropped as they may never be released or build. That's simply how stockmarkets work. DP also indicated they aren't refunding anyone once production started and parts had to be bought. No exceptions for anyone, including you, which actually seems fair. It woudn't be fair if they would refund you, but no-one else.
So that $8500 game you bought simply isn't worth $8500 at the moment. So what is it worth? Well, that just depends on how much people are willing to pay for an uncertainty. If you want to speculate, that's what this is. I'm willing to offer you $3000 USD for your game. If it ever gets released, it goes straight to me. If it doesn't, I lost 3K. Yes, that means you lose $5500, but at least you get some of your money back. It will be my risk whether your game will be released or not, but as things stand right now that game doesn't appear to be moving anytime soon. So you can take 3K now, leave the conversation and start living a happy life, or stay in which isn't likely to make you (and others) very happy. PM me if interested. We'll draw up some paperwork, I'll send you a paypal payment and off you go.

$3k? I am nearly zeroed out on pin funds and even I would top that offer.

4 months later
#6264 6 years ago

One upside for the EA guys when they do finally get their games is that the new board design looks much better IMHO. I never cared for the original all in one board set up.

688DEEE1-CEC7-4322-A9C1-A5252B5AE2B8 (resized).png688DEEE1-CEC7-4322-A9C1-A5252B5AE2B8 (resized).png

C972AE72-2DB4-4AB5-95D8-E40159D6AD66 (resized).pngC972AE72-2DB4-4AB5-95D8-E40159D6AD66 (resized).png

2 weeks later
#6425 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It will be interesting if TBL 2.0 made in china is better/worse or the same as TBL 1.0

The board configuration will be better IMHO.. hopefully the build quality is as good or better.

1 month later
#6562 6 years ago

NSNL just hit

Welcome to another update about the status of the production of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball!

In our last newsletter we informed you that we tested Engineering Sample #2 at the Dutch Pinball Open and that it performed very well. We also told you that Barry was going to visit the Xytech factory in Suzhou (China) for the second time in the beginning of December. Barry returned the 15th and spend two weeks in training the Xytech production team on further assembly instructions and in testing the final product. The team is learning pretty quick and will now finish Engineering Sample 3, 4 and 5 before preparing everything for production.

We will start ordering parts for the first batch of TBLs. We understand that you want to know when your game will be assembled but at this stage it is impossible to predict. The Xytech team is doing well but it will still take some time to get things started.

In our last newsletter we also mentioned that we will start promoting TBL in Europe. For this we will be present at the EAG International in London (January 16-18, 2018). You can visit us there and play The Big Lebowski™ Pinball. For more information about the EAG, please visit https://www.eagexpo.com

We also will be present at the TBL pinball party that will be organized by Freddy’s Pinball Paradise in Germany. This will be on Saturday February 10th. More details about this will be announced soon via Freddy’s: http://www.freddys-pinball-paradise.de

That’s it for now. We wish you Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!

Barry and Jaap

PS our next newsletter will be after the EAG show

dp-logo-mail-new

1 month later
#6684 6 years ago

NSL this morning..

Welcome to our regular update on the status of the production of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball.

Although things seem to take forever we finally see light at the end of the tunnel. Xytech has finished Engineering Sample (ES) number 4 of the pilot builds and it will be send out to us next week, just after Chinese New Year. The ES 3 is in The Netherlands for a few weeks now and besides some issues we are very happy with the overall quality.

We hoped to be in production already, but because of the immense complexity of building a pinball machine, things take longer. We know this game inside out, but for the Xytech team it is a complete new type of machine and it takes time for them to learn and understand pinball.

We expect game 4 will be 99.9% perfect and, if so, that's the point when we are ready for starting 'real' production again in China. On February 26th the Chinese New Year will be over and Xytech will then start setting up the pinball production line in the factory.

Giving a specific time when production will start depends on lead-time of parts. Most parts will take only a few weeks, but some parts may take up to two months once ordered. This means that at this point we expect to begin assembly in April-May. In the meantime we won't sit still of course, because we and Xytech can use this time to prepare everything for production and start with sub-assemblies with the parts that are already there.

We are working very hard to get you your TBLs and this is the only important thing right now for Dutch Pinball.

We will come with a new update after we have received and reviewed game number 4 from Xytech.

Barry and Jaap

dp-logo-mail-new

3 weeks later
#6768 6 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Dude - you should feel guilty for not playing it! Play the heck out of that pin!!
Happy 20th Dudes!

If anyone has guilt it’s me, this was not the way things were supposed to happen! RTR the day you get your game will be a day that I also celebrate!

1 week later
#6797 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Couple of remarks to your appreciated comment.
There were no two Chinese TBL. One was ÄRA one was Chinese. In this way you could compare and on purpose there was no marking on the outside giving away which one as Chinese.
And yep I am sure you meant you meant DP are the worse businessman as DPO is a show.
And like stated, DP has not gone I to hiding and they have visited plenty of shows after all the drama begun

So could people tell the difference between the ARA game and the Chinese game?

2 weeks later
#6850 5 years ago

I am really pulling for DP! TBL and Iron Maiden are the 2 games I want most!

1 month later
#7147 5 years ago

NSL is up and it doesn’t sound good!

#7173 5 years ago
Quoted from cyclone1234:

some sad shit , Ive been paid in full for years and couldn't wait to get my game (low 100's)....just made 50 machines in the wild worth a whole lot of money ! Im in on any way to retrieve some or all of my money ...

It’s bad news for those who already have their games as well! no parts availability, no code updates and no support. This could turn the existing games into paper weights if something breaks.

#7248 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

At least you weren't stupid enough to have a machine sitting at Cointaker's warehouse waiting on you and then you traded it for a future machine that was yet to be built!!!!! That guy!! LOLOLOL!!!!!
Oh wait, that was me...dammit.

This haunts me my friend! I never in a million years saw this coming, I figured you would have my game within 2 or 3 months tops. When I got my/your TBL I thought you were the smart one as I ended up having issues with the early production game and could not get a response from DP for weeks, I ended up calling Melissa at CT and asked her to try to contact DP for me. I finally got an email from Jaap more than a month later but he was no help in diagnosing the game at all, I ended up fixing the issues myself and decided I would sell the game and buy a later production game after they got the bugs worked out. It made me nervous to think that if something went wrong again I would have no support and not even have a real manual for the game.
After I sold my TBL I purchased a later production game (I think it was in the #130 range) and literally the morning after I mailed the check for the game DP broke the news that the deal had blown up with ARA and production had stopped (at this point I was ready to seek psychiatric help for my pre order disorder) but miraculously the very awesome pinsider I sent the cashiers check to for his EA TBL called me and said he didn't feel right about the situation as the company appears to have gone tits up and he didn't even have my check yet so he would send my check back as soon as he received it.
Even though I got my TBL I am a JPOP pre order veteran (we know how well that ended) so I know how this feels and I am very sorry for all involved, especially you RTR!

1 week later
#7607 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Good thing I don't speak or read Dutch

ABA9D678-96AC-4292-97AA-D31EE682E75B (resized).jpegABA9D678-96AC-4292-97AA-D31EE682E75B (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#7889 5 years ago

With the price the used games are now bringing you would think that someone would figure out away to get them built.... and what will become of the 40+ TBL that ARA is sitting on??

#7895 5 years ago

Damn guys just let it go, life is too short to waste a moment of it on things like this.

1 week later
#8091 5 years ago

Awesome!... Wait!, What?

#8094 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Great odds (25 prizes for 11 donors) for all the people who donated to win a car and/or translite. Well planned.

Sh!t now I wish I would of donated

#8154 5 years ago

Removed new NSL, EA’s check your mail.

1 month later
#8307 5 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

What do the non-EAs think about the chances of this coming out in 2019?

I still believe that this game will get built at some point.

4 months later
#8548 5 years ago

Check your email new NSL just hit the wire.

I will only post one bit of good news and leave the rest for the EA’s...

“PS Jaap’s cancer is gone! The radiation- and chemotherapy were successful and Jaap is now working on his recovery.”

1 month later
#8659 5 years ago

Guys why pay $15,000?? If they fire up the line at ARA again you will be able to buy a TBL for 10k + shipping

2 months later
#8845 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I'm still willing to pay $1000 U.S for a spot that someone payed in full for, under unit #80 of course.. 40 out, 40 waiting I think... A billion to one chance, but hey..I don't mind giving $1000 back to someone that lost $8500. plus tax. That sucks the big one.

Quoted from Lamberger:

PM's received, had a smooth transaction...Thank you.
looks like I'm in on the wait and hope list too.
Also have a buddy willing to risk $1000 if anyone else is interested.
Cheers!

If anyone else wants to bail on their spot PM me, I would roll the dice and do the same as Lamberger.. I already got burned by JPOP on RAZA so what's another $1000

1 month later
#9246 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

It has been said by CT that all boxes will be inspected before overseas shipping direct to buyer. If that will happen who knows.

From what I understand the Games will be unboxed, inspected and the number plates will be removed from the apron and saved for the EA’s when their games get built.

#9338 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Some have asked "why didn't DP ask EAs to pay the difference years ago?"
ARA being made whole by unloading these at 12k each is your answer. "Yeah, Um, that 8500 game you bought? Yeah gonna need another 12k to get it shipped"
Nobody woukd have accepted that. Now consider the "new money" buyers who snapped these up. Yeah its still more than the original price but only 4k more not 12k more.
Remember it's not just EAs I heard they sold about 250 of these things. Maybe if Phil hadn't rage refunded all that money they would have gotten a little further but still nowhere near the finish line.

Ben, do you think DP/Barry will ever get this game back into production?

#9395 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Easily 20k plus. Alien LE is going for 16.5 right now and it’s rarer than that and probably more loved, although i have played both and Alien is the better game imo.

Nope, TBL is better than Alien!

4D64DFAD-9DF1-475A-A0F7-30FB258E0C27 (resized).jpeg4D64DFAD-9DF1-475A-A0F7-30FB258E0C27 (resized).jpeg
#9397 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

He said Played, not artwork. "Playing Pinball Matter" PPM

I never said anything about the artwork, I said TBL is a better game and the cabinet and backbox (not the art) are MEH... IMHO

1 week later
#9456 4 years ago

I wonder if or when the license expired and how hard it would be to renew after all this?

#9480 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

The market may not be there for $12,500, ad infinitum, but I am sure people will be slinging money as fast as they can, if they find a way to bring TBL back out for $9-10k

The non EA price before the shit hit the fan was 10k from memory (included chrome armor and rug) + $500 shipping (the Euro was much stronger then so not sure how that effects) so best case if DP can Find someone else to build these games is 10.5k shipped.

1 week later
#9656 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did they say this in the Podcast? The Cointaker deal described in this thread was $12.5k for a prebuilt TBL that will ship within a month or two. You’re saying a good chunk of the games they just sold (maybe the great majority) have not been built yet? That would be quite a development.

CT knows exactly how many complete games are sitting at ARA (rumor is 35 to 40)

#9670 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Buying one of these right now (one of the 40 being released) just seems too risky for me... Sure looks like there are plans on a bunch of more machines being produced, and if so, that $12,500 isn't going to hold up long term... no way. Plus, you get ZERO warranty and while there appears to be "spare parts", these "spare parts" aren't going to be for repairs to your out of warranty brand new machine.
Will the guy that has had the TBL machine with the non-functioning bowling alley finally get a new unit to get his game up and working? And who wants to be the next guy that buys a game at $12.5K to have a malfunction like this only to have a big part of the game (visually, perhaps not play wise but still) sit broke?
Are we being reassured that some of these spare parts will be left aside for repairs or ? Of course this is about pumping out more machines, so all of the parts are a hot commodity to make that happen, sold machines are of what priority to a company like this (LOL).

The price to get a TBL was 10K + shipping ($500+) once the early achiever window closed, since this game going to be built in "boutique" quantities the production cost will presumably be much higher than originally figured, so before everything fell apart cost would of been 10.5K for a game shipped and that was 3 years ago when they had a contract manufacturer. I seriously doubt they will be able to produce and sell games at that price point now.. as for the 12.5k price, figure at least $1000 of that is the cost of air freight. My guess is that 12.5K + shipping will be the new price going forward and that will help raise cash to get the EA's their games.

#9672 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

One of the things I have been told is that any new machines, if indeed produced, will have new boards and possibly new parts that are incompatible with the old games. So I think my concerns are valid.

If this is the case it will be good news for all of those who own original ARA manufactured games, as all the spare parts, boards ect that exist (rumor is that there are parts to build as many as 100 more games) wouldn't be used, so they could be sold to those with originally designed games. I think the reality is that if they have enough parts to build 50 to 100 more games they are going to use the parts they have (original parts) not the new Chinese design they were working on.
All JMHO

#9680 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I think you meant $30,000, not $13,000.

Are you serious?

#9734 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

They were living off EA pre order money from the beginning... that's the idea behind the kick-starter project, no?

Do you really know that for a fact?? My belief was that they didn't pay ARA because they wanted an extra 1k/game and they refused in order to not pass that cost back to the EAs... if they couldn't pay ARA, how were they able to spend a fortune setting up the Chinese outfit? Are you talking from facts or assuming?

From memory Barry & Jaap told us ARA wanted an extra 1000 Euro per game and 51% stake in DP.

#9746 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Everyone needs to chill and play some pinball

Quoted from ToucanF16:

And consume a few beverages!

Quoted from whitey:

And smoke a bowl !

#9815 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

still can't believe those who are owned money by DP are not taking action to freeze DPs assets and stop the games leaving Holland - they are literally robbing you and the only assets they have are about to be sold in a liquidation sale.

The problem is that the games are not DP’s assets anymore, DP apparently never paid ARA for the games and a judge sided with ARA, so they are ARA’s assets now... it sucks but is is what it is.

#9832 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Would she even know what the documents say?
I would have to assume the court proceedings are in Dutch.
Serious question.

36AFA121-E925-451D-9E52-EF72C8355215 (resized).png36AFA121-E925-451D-9E52-EF72C8355215 (resized).png
#9865 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

5 days to go

5 days? until what?

#9897 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

The machines are shipped, it’s a done deal. So quit crying over spilled milk. Glad the machines got out, if you don’t like that, so what

Very unDude, Dude! If there is such a thing as bad pinball karma you have earned yourself a Folgers can full of it! I have been here since the beginning and was an EA and can tell you that there are a lot of good Dudes here who have taken a big hit! Without the EA’s this game wouldn’t even exist, so please tread lightly and show some class!

0C682613-2311-4ACB-8C62-8A5DAC3A75EF (resized).png0C682613-2311-4ACB-8C62-8A5DAC3A75EF (resized).png
#9917 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

They are making more machines and have planned on making more for about 6 months while all this was being negotiated. I can't reveal my source. Believe me if you want. I believe my source.
They are not telling the buyers of these machines being released because, just like DP was, it's pure deceit to influence the overpriced market based on limited #'s and perception that no more machines will be produced.
Those that are excited to get in at $12.5 now better sell fast.. once the other 200 plus machines get rolling who knows where the price will be then. More machines out there also equals less spare parts if/when machines break, etc.

If/when more games are made I have confirmed from "my source" the new price will be $12,500 and that wont include shipping.
(I also believe my source as she has far more info than anyone in this thread)

More games equals more spare parts in the long run.. so more games is better for everyone as the community has shown that parts will be made if there are enough games in circulation to create demand.

#9939 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Right, but those newly produced machines "she" is talking about will have different electronics and components that are incompatible with the old games, right? So now, potentially if this is all true, you will have "Batch A" and Batch B" games, all with various different electronics and components.

Nope they have “truckloads” of original parts to use or as I was told roughly 50 to 100 games worth of original parts that were produced using the original DP/ARA design. If DP does build more games they will be using existing original parts which are the same as the 80 to 90 games already produced. I truly hope all EA’s get their games.. especially RTR!

#9940 4 years ago

Side note I was looking at the bowling alley mech in the video posted above and thinking what this must have added to the BOM, it’s quite a mech!

23E0B0C5-B8CF-43A4-B4F9-42DE7584A3DA (resized).png23E0B0C5-B8CF-43A4-B4F9-42DE7584A3DA (resized).png
#9950 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

maybe they could think of making a pro model that moves the bowling modes to video modes. i do agree.. as cool as it is, it doesnt add much to the game.

Mostly just cool factor, but sheesh at $1000 per unit wholesale that's crazy!

#9956 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Good luck with that. a 10k pro model? Won't sell. If this were in regular production for 10k today it would probably be received rather cooly. Some would buy it for the theme, but many would probably look at it and pass as there are other games for less that offer too many features. It pulls 12.5k right now because it is rare, that is it. Same with Alien.

A new Stern LE is 9k and JJP CE is 12.5K.. I would take TBL over either (even if it wasn't rare) and I have owned many Stern LE & JJP games, I also owned a TBL so I have a lot of time on the game. TBL is stunning to look at, fun to play (even with the old code), sound package is awesome & the theme integration is probably the best of all time IMHO.

Disclaimer: I am a big TBL movie fan!

#10007 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I don't have a problem with any of your examples. The difference is non of the scenarios in your examples fit what is happening with this game and DP. To fit it into your examples, it would be more like a car lot taking money from person A at $8500 and person B for $12,500 and giving the car to person B without refunding person A. The pinball machine in the basement was not sold to 2 different people with no refund given.
This DP situation would be more like buying stolen goods off the street for a substantial discount and selling to the public for a profit.

The problem is that the “car lot” never paid the manufacturer for the car they were trying to sell in the first place... In both cases of your example the “car” dealer (DP) wouldn’t of had rights to sell the “car” as they were selling something that they didn’t pay for.

The whole thing sucks!

1 week later
#10277 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Check out this thread - Clearly people got refunds.
So how many didn't and how much did they pay is the real question?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game

We all got refunds years back when Phil bailed, most all of us including me remade the payments to DP.. the 150 prepaid machine # is probably pretty close.. the $1000 deposit guys were separate/Not EA’s

#10282 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So you paid the full $8500 and got nothing?

No I got a game but it is a story that doesn’t have a happy ending and I will leave it at that.

#10292 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Again, where’s your proof. I believe some but no where near 147. I’m curious what the actual count is instead of rumors.
I’m guessing anybody short money and a machine check this thread

Here are just a few..

Quoted from RTR:

This is the list of people reporting their True Serial Number. I will be updating it here:
1 Pinman2020
2 PDXMonkey
3. HENSBROOKER
8 JustLikeMe (London)
9 Genex
11 bajapanda
14 Bemmett
15 Jazzmaster
16 Burningman
17 sd_tom
18 BigLebowski (Munich)
19 RTR
20 Mr68
23 R6emporer
25 Taz
27 wellarmed (Germany)
28 Mr_Freshie
30 ectobar
31 dannylite
33 dannylite
34 Doc_rayden66
37 BigMac (Luxembourg)
45 Deadzebra
52 Nikonokin
54 steigerpijp
56 Rarehero
58 Pinbally1968
59 Tuna Delight
61 Edmorex
62 LITZ
63 PipelineTom
71 beauimpala
75 PinBalt
77 eternalLife
79 Pinghetto
83 Squall
105 Pinhead1982
106 Superchicken
110 FishBeadTwo
112 Troutfarm
114 WC Brandes
121 foxtj24
122 Cyclone1234
123 Leechman
126 davidus56
131 Hwawonyu
132 karl (Norway)
141 Concretehardt
144 Dr_Spaceman
145 Mike
146 Highdef
147 HJBondar
148 Nilroc
154 PinWolf
157 Rick432
160 Zucot
163 Rensh (Netherlands) +1
180 Geo
181 el_duderino
183 CCary
187 jpk1972
190 Hoss_Coog
****THE NEW TOTAL number is now the highest reported True Serial Number!****
***Verified Dudes***
RTR
Burningman
sd_tom
bemmett
wellarmed (Germany)
Hwawonyu
PDXmonkey x2
Pinhead 1982 (UK)
Biv (Switzerland)
Pinballslave (Czech Republic)
Troutfarm
Tuna Delight
WC Brandes
Litz
Mr68
Pinghetto
Leisure
Edmorex
Concerthardt
Kapper
Rarehero
PinBalt
eternalLife
redmamanora
karl (Norway)
unlisted#2
Sebastian (friend of PDX)
beauimpala
eternalLife
foxj24
inhomearcades x2
DeaconBlooze
LSOG
Genex
Taz
Jazzmaster
HENSBROOKER
PinWolf
Nilroc
Berserk
Zucot
Rick432
Steigerijp x3
MikeHogue
Huddyrx
R6emporer
sacd
Pinbally1968
BigLebowski
Rensh (Netherlands) +1
Superchicken
Pinball Jones
Wescor97
Deadzebra
Junkhauler
rlslick
Dannylite x2
brt x5 (ministry of pinball)
JustLikeMe (UK)
Nikonokin
Mloekle
Highdef
PinGiant
FishBeadTwo
Zsciaeount
Leechman
BrianMadden
Jonnienemonic
BigMac (Luxembourg)
Pinaholic
PipelineTom
Ross
Dr_Spaceman
Pugsley and a friend not on pinside (2)
Cyclone1234
T-bone21
Geo
CCary
jpk1972
msadan
Squall
Jakekpgh
Mrsomeone
Wizard1
el_duderino
Hoss_Coog
Metalthrashinmad
JimB
Woidhauser
llvjr
Pinpoint
Mr_Freshie
***Awaiting verification (we have our best men on it, working in shifts)***
Rommy
mdsjdtx76
B1GF15H
SkiBall
MusketD
Metallik
GaryMcT
Modern Pinball in NYC
Maddog
Marboroman

#10307 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, agree with most of everything except read the post. People got refunds, even if not asking for it.
Sounds like this thread should be shut down then if there is a private EA thread which hopefully they can bound together whoever is still owed and get a game plan

5A15337D-CD67-433E-9AC3-A7E905B26F3D (resized).jpeg5A15337D-CD67-433E-9AC3-A7E905B26F3D (resized).jpeg
#10309 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

You’re not an EA either without a machine. So what exactly is your complaint still? Maybe you should gift your TBL to an EA who didn’t get one. I’m sure they would be playing it instead of posting here

Technically it’s not a complaint it’s more of an observation.. You have no idea what your talking about when it comes to the history of this project! You come strutting into this thread stepping on everyone’s dicks like Godzilla stomping thru Tokyo and demanding proof from EA’s of what they are owed. To top it all off you are bragging/rubbing it in EA’s faces that you are getting a machine... you sound like a really great guy!
0A29BA27-66C4-444C-80FF-FC0752AFD5CE (resized).jpeg0A29BA27-66C4-444C-80FF-FC0752AFD5CE (resized).jpegC335A757-E14D-4801-B227-6875512F0F99 (resized).jpegC335A757-E14D-4801-B227-6875512F0F99 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#10448 4 years ago

I had 2 questions that were not answered (or asked) in the interview:

1. What happened to the 1.5 million dollars +- that DP received from EA’s?

2. What did the judge see in the evidence that made her side 100% with ARA?

When Barry was asked if DP paid for the first 50 EA machines that shipped he side stepped the question and said something about paying some money for R&D, that sounds like a no! The first 50 games were never paid for.
180+ games that DP received $1,530,000 from EA’s for.. where’s the f#cking money DP?

#10485 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Research and development, paying staff, parts. That's not a lot of money when it comes to developing and building a pinball machine. Jersey Jack has said that it cost several million to develop WOZ.

But TBL was already developed, DP had 2 working prototypes before they ever took a dime of EA money.

#10500 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I would buy this over a JP LE

I would buy TBL over a JJP CE (same money)

#10562 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

You couldn't pay me enough to put up with this bs. They are doing the best they can, with what they have, where they are at (Teddy Roosevelt paraphrase). Not too many people would step up to the plate, with very little reimbursement, certainly not proportionate to the time they have put in, to try to salvage a difficult situation. They also lost games. This is a long term game for them. I hope it is worth their time, eventually. Melissa is willing to talk to you, give her a call. She is one of the good ones.

Agreed, Cointaker is an asset to this community & Melissa is one of the kindest and most decent people I have met since I got into this hobby.

#10581 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Just one quick note - this isn’t accurate. I ordered the game and paid my first deposit in December 2013, and the first prototypes weren’t revealed until September 2014.
In fact, it sounds like they only started constructing the first prototype in March 2014 - that’s when I received an email stating:
‘You want a playfield?
I can get you a playfield. We are very happy to report that we've begun prototyping. The laser cutter has begun work on the tentative playfield design today, and we thought it would be a good time to share it.
The 3D printers are also busy producing the prototypes for the toys, the entry to the elevated playfield is being formed, and very soon, the guys will be putting it all together.’
The email included the below pic. Crazy this was so long ago.
[quoted image]

I stand corrected, I got in as an EA in 2014 (pre Phil-gate) and the prototypes existed at that point.

#10585 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Sorry to hear that, hope you get your $20 Back. Keep us informed please

Poor form Dude! Not cool to quote a post and modify it to make it look like I said something that I didn’t say.

#10618 4 years ago

NSL just hit the wire..

“Dude, er... today's already the 10th…

A lot has happened in the last few weeks within Dutch Pinball and the progress of The Big Lebowski! Things are moving forwards at a rate reminiscent of the early days when the initial production of the game was in progress, and I am very optimistic for the future!

We have been on a rough and uncertain journey in the manufacture of this game, and I take it as my personal challenge to lead us all through these troubled waters to a beautiful island where we can all get off this ship and enjoy playing TBL! I understand that you have had to endure long periods of uncertainty, and you have my utmost respect for bearing with us for so long... I cannot thank you enough for your patience with Dutch Pinball, and I sincerely hope and believe that this patience will be well rewarded!

Even though there is light at the end of the tunnel, there is still quite a challenge ahead before we will be able to deliver your game, the starting point of which is that Dutch Pinball needs to set up manufacturing again. This means that with the parts we have acquired from ARA recently we will first need to make games that we will have to sell that will give us the push we need to go into production. Furthermore, to keep production going, even when we are at the point where we can start to ship the games to you Early Achievers, we will still need to make games for selling in parallel with the EA games being made to keep the production going, or the finances will dry up and the lights will go out.

Regarding these 'made to sell' games, we have an option. We can offer them to the general public, which is what time restraints forced us to do with the already manufactured games that were sitting captive at ARA, or – because I received a lot of requests about this – we can offer them to you, the Early Achievers, before we offer them to the public.

This leads me to the main point of this update, and that is to give you a choice, which I am going to have to ask you to make, the choice being:

1. You continue to wait patiently for your game to be made, which will proceed as described above.

2. You decide that you would like to be one of the people buying the 'made to sell' games that will help us get back on our feet.

More details on option 2:

· The game you buy would cost $12,500.00 for US buyers, and € 11,995.00 for European buyers plus shipping (the additional shipping cost is applicable for European buyers, US buyer's cost includes shipping).
· You would pay nothing until your game is built, tested and ready to ship, or picked up.
· You will get your EA plaque with serial number attached to the game.
· You will get the rug and chrome trim.
· All EA games sold at this 'made to sell retail price' will have some unique and special extras added to the game which will not be available on the games which are sold to the general public at any time and will not be on the original EA games.
· When the time comes for your actual already paid for game to be made, you will be informed that this game is ready to ship, at which point you have the option of having this game shipped to you at no extra cost (apart from shipping) or receiving a full refund on this game of the amount you already paid as an Early Achiever. ​This game, being an original EA game, will also come which chrome trim and a rug but not with the special extras that are with the higher 'retail' priced games.
Ideally we would like you to decide within one week if you would like accept option 2, and if you do, all we ask is that you reply to this update with your confirmation that you would like to buy a 'made to sell' game, confirming your serial number, and you will be added to the list.

We will then contact you in order of the emails I receive from people who want to take up this offer to tell you your game is ready. If, at this point, you change your mind about buying the game, you just need to reply stating that this is your final decision and we will then offer this game to the next in line.

When the finances allow us to build the original game you paid for, regardless of whether you bought a new game or not, you will be contacted to say this this game is ready to ship. Obviously, if you are one of the people who bought a game already with your plaque, this 2nd game will not come with your plaque because you will already have it but, since it is effectively your already paid for EA game, it will, as stated above, come with the chrome trim and rug but it will not come with the bonus extras.

If we do not hear from you within a week, we shall assume that you do not want to purchase a 2nd game and have therefore defaulted to option 1 above: wait for your already paid for EA game to be made.

If you change your mind and find that you do want to purchase one of these 'made to sell' games after the week has expired, just drop us a mail and we will add you to the list... this is not a strict deadline, but we would at least like to know how many of you are interested in this option soon.

Thank you again for your patience with Dutch Pinball, and I will be in touch again soon with another update now that things are hotting up here at DP!!

Kind regards,

Barry

Dutch Pinball”

#10625 4 years ago

It was pretty clear that he needs to sell games in order to get production going, as he did with the 40 games trapped at ARA... would you feel less screwed if he sold those to non EAs like he did those 40 games? He's simply giving EAs first pass at those games... if you don't buy one, nothing changes, you just wait for your EA game as you would if he sold those games to someone else...

I have a bad feeling that Barry is going to try and pump out 30 or 40 games (whatever he has the parts for) get paid for them and then.. game over

#10632 4 years ago

Maybe you've been spending too much time on Pinside

It’s just hard not to be skeptical after so many broken promises from Barry/DP over the years. The old saying “Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior” is a saying for a reason.. I hope Barry proves me wrong and makes all the EA’s whole!

#10683 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Does anyone really believe this is a $12,500 game? Take away the scarcity and what's it worth?

More to me than a $12,500 JJP CE

#10691 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

To all those that want the details...imagine you were going to implement a new system at work or no, build a new house or no, simply add a screen porch to your house. Now you could sit down and figure out how much lumber you needed and the lengths of that lumber. Same with the roofing, screen, flooring, even the smaller stuff like joist hangers, paint and nails. You could look at all the stuff you already have, maybe paint, nails, some wood and then you could figure out what all you need that you don't have on hand. You could then determine how much it will cost and you could order what you need, based on all those calculations. You could then go to the big box store and get all the stuff you need. However, you'd no doubt discover that same of the boards are too warped to use, some might get broken in transport. No doubt, you'd have unanticipated waste and there would be some things you just forgot about or didn't anticipate. You'd probably end up having to go back to the store, maybe multiple times.
Or you could just start building stuff and not waste all that time planning.

Wait, what? You lost me here!

#10753 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I heard that too. I cant believe anyone would have backed out considering they can easily sell at a HUGE margin. It is a zero-risk / huge reward situation for those who can stomach the bad press of being a flipper on the machine under the circumstances. You cant get that kind of return with zero risk anywhere else!

It was still a leap of faith, as you were sending $12,500 and there was a chance you wouldn’t get a game. I am certain some got cold feet when it came time to wire the money.

2 weeks later
#10928 4 years ago

Bear in mind that the parts they're using to make the first few games are low hanging fruit... so it will need only a few extra parts to make them complete... as time progresses, unless Barry gas got his ducks lined up, things may actually slow down as more parts to complete games are needed... hopefully he will have these on order already!

Yea I think I remember hearing that Barry got a handful of partially assembled games from ARA, I assume that PH1982 will be getting one of those games.

#10980 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

This is not one of the 40 - new build.

I heard DP received a handful of partially assembled games from ARA (along with the 40 fully assembled games) so I assume this “new build” is one of those partially assembled games.

#11057 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

The next 2 games are almost done- so that is 4 games in 1.5 weeks - Not bad!!

Those 4 games had to have been partially assembled by ARA, no way Barry is cranking out a game every 2 days.. I hope for the best for the sake of EA’s but I think we should keep expectations realistic as we go forward.

#11059 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The first picture showing These games are going to the next EA's prepaid on the list will be a more impressive statement honestly. At double pay per game, I would work 24/7 to make 21K per game!

Good point

2 weeks later
#11087 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Well Jeff, 7 have been done so far

Better question is have any games been built from the ground up? I have no doubt Barry has completed some partially assembled games. I hope for the sake of the EA’s that Barry can keep the builds going after the partially assembled games have been completed and the parts for complete builds have been used up.

#11093 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

There were not 7 unfinished games.
40 were boxed - they were sold to CT
1 or 2 playfields missing parts - Barry finished these.
5 games built from ground up
Credit where it’s due!

Do you work for DP, have you been to their new factory, did you see with your own eyes what Barry received from ARA? Credit will be given when all EA's have their games, again i really hope Barry can pull this off! The EA's have been lied to in the past (me included) so i am sure you can understand the cautious optimism surrounding the project at this point. If Barry can pull this off and get all the EA's their games he will be the Tiger Woods of the pinball industry.

3 weeks later
#11162 4 years ago

Can’t imagine how awesome this game will be when code hits 1.0

#11182 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

The last newsletter certainly seems pretty positive, and gives some hope that this could get done.
I do wonder how many games they can sell at $12,500?
I had a deposit with Nitro that got refunded years ago, and I'm tempted now to call Cointaker, but I think I'll wait and see if they continue to update the code and get it to 1.0
I really hope it works out. I think it's a great game.

I believe shipping is extra so really your looking at $13,000 shipped to the US

#11190 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

EAs that joined the list towards the end paid $9,500. I doubt we'll see $8,500 again.
Would TBLs that don't have the lower playfield, chrome trim, or rug sell at $9,500?
A possible way to keep demand up at $12,500 would be to create limited editions with different translites. Jesus Edition, Walter Edition, Dude Edition, etc.

Someone had mentioned a while back that the bowling alley mech cost something like $1600 ++

1 week later
#11275 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I more worry about when the current buckets and boxes of parts run out and DP is forced to start dipping into pocket again. Time will tell.

Agreed, I hope for the sake of all EA’s Barry can make this work. If Cointaker is getting 9 games at some point it would be very encouraging (and appropriate) for a couple E.A. games to be in that mix.

1 week later
#11302 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

Some new shit has come to light.
https://i.postimg.cc/50tCS4MS/TBL-12112019.jpg
There's a TBL in my house!

I can tell by the tape on the corner of the box, that you have yourself a “Nihilist” Edition TBL.. would love to see some unboxing pics!

#11317 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Here’s some unboxing pics for you lovely folks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was that Kaneda’s game?

2 weeks later
#11347 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballyDutchy:

- approx 300 new sales needed to make break even and get some EAs what they have paid for

Oh man

2 weeks later
#11363 4 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

does anyone have any idea what the future of this game will be?
they already did the engineering and development, and it looks like a great game, so why doesn't stern or someone buy up the dead cadaver and start making it?

I heard from someone in the know that Barry is making roughly 10 games per month right now and is working on increasing that build rate.

1 week later
#11386 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Well i just sent $12,500 u.s to cointaker.. hoping everyone that did the same can chime in and see where were at for the EA's, lets get a count down going. What do you guys think?

I am very curious how many games per month DP is able to build at this point.

#11395 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I thought cointaker had a great reputation for holding funds till they receive the game.. Are you saying they have a history for not fulfilling deals?

They do

#11409 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Cool, no worries.
I've been on the list for a while. It would be cool to have one someday.

I’m so curious to know how many are on Melissa’s list?

#11426 4 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Apparently now I am in the next batch of 10 games through Cointaker and should expect my TBL in 6-8 weeks. No payment yet. I can't wait!

Have you been on the list for a long time?

#11435 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

It's more than 135! I'm 148!

I am guessing the 135 left to deliver is because something like 50+ EA’s got their games before DP and ARA had a falling out.

#11444 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I wish.
From government it’s Like 20 free to decide holiday days. This besides Christmas and so on. Most companies have like 25-30 holidaydays a year.
Can however state that Barry works 6 days a week in the factory and on Sunday is busy to with TBL, just not at the factory ... although his wife told me even on Sunday he is Quite often found at production Facility.

Would be awesome if Barry could post up some pics and video from his production facility.

1 week later
#11483 4 years ago

Very cool looking aprons!

FAEDB5A5-A4E0-42AE-B121-A4B3471F45BC (resized).jpegFAEDB5A5-A4E0-42AE-B121-A4B3471F45BC (resized).jpeg
#11488 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

DP has sold 20 new games made from parts EAs paid for. Cash money
The last remaining pre paid parts have been used to make a display game for the
Owner to play when he’s not at home playing his other stolen TBL
I am worried climate change might stop DP from building any EAs games at this point and really only allows for cash games to be built if you follow the science

According to his Instagram post this morning showing 4 games in the works, he is still building. It would be the ultimate story of redemption if the EA’s all get their games.

#11494 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

By shipping one EA game Dutch would enter into admitting/proven Liability for all of the rest.

I would think the proof of payment that every EA has would prove that liability.

#11506 4 years ago

Just posted on DP Instagram

0A40860A-9864-4FC8-B586-02F1306D6EC7 (resized).jpeg0A40860A-9864-4FC8-B586-02F1306D6EC7 (resized).jpeg
#11527 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Is this source recent? I contacted Barry and ordered replacement playfields, plastic set, and even the complete rug mech and had no issues? He’s not super speedy being a one man operation but nothing really out of normal.

Curious did you order any spare boards?

#11533 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

As far as I know availability of spares is no issue besides spare PCB. As soon as he has more of those on stock it will become more available.
However, this remark only Applies to those ordering an extra Spare PCB, if somebody has a warranty issue that’s a different issue and will be sorted out quickly.
If somebody is truely awaiting spares from an august shipment let me know through PM and Let me see what is going wrong. Suspect however nobody will report to me ....

So at this point would you say Barry is roughly building 10 games per month?

1 month later
#11583 3 years ago

DP just posted this on Instagram today..

1526FB46-5E80-462D-A60D-54B7268B6155 (resized).jpeg1526FB46-5E80-462D-A60D-54B7268B6155 (resized).jpeg
#11591 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Has anyone bought a backup rug from Barry? and any idea of price? Mine is pretty ratty already but I love keeping it out. I feel like we need a better second run of these and I'd buy at least one.

Sure would be nice to get a high quality TBL rug as the one that comes with the game is so poorly made it will unravel if you look at it wrong.

#11599 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Posted this a couple of days ago in the EA only thread as this thread contains also several carpetpissers but think it will be of interest for more people. Hope I dont regret this
In NL we have the Dutch Pinball Association called NFV. With approx 1300 members I think its the largest pinball club in the world.
We do have a clubmagazine which comes out every 3 months on paper (64 pages) called the Spinner. For this I write quite often articles but dont have to do this alone fortunately.
Last Spinner was a DP-TBL special with an article on Game review TBL, the story behind the loaning of DP of an ES4 TBL to the NFV and also an interview with Barry. I wrote the first 2 articles but I think you will find the third article written by a collegue the most interesting so I translated it into English. Please do note some nuances can be lost in translation but it gives you more inside info on what happened and current idea's-planning.
You as EA have first deb's to see this I think
Please also do note that this article was written several weeks ago and thus pre-Corona . With Corona now shutting down manufacturers all over the world (in fact I think DP is the last pinball manufacturer (besides boutigue manufacturers) with a steady output of games, who would ever imagined this?) every planning has become unreliable . After all you only need 1 part to become unavailable to halt production . For short term DP is OK as they just had a big shipment of parts coming in but long term? But this is outside every bodies control let alone DP. If Dutch government for instance would choose for a full lock-down no matter who you are you are closed. For the moment we are in so-called Intelligent lockdown eg businesses like DP are still allowed to be open (but restaurants-pubs. events etc are all closed and people are asked to stay indoor as much as possible and stay at least 1.5 mtr away from other people).
Stay healthy as after all that's much more important as any pinball.[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have a link to the full article?

1 week later
#11619 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

Well dudes...it's official. Barry reached out to me today for shipping info.
EA #52 is being built and soon to ship. Also...from Barry:
"and your game will have the plaque as well as the interactively lit apron already installed!"
How fucking cool. I'm so excited, and the rug pissers will be happy to know at least 1 EA pre-order is about to be fulfilled. Will send pics along when she's finally home. Thanks for all the communication you dudes have helped share, especially Rensh & Pinhead. I am sooooooo excited!!!! Hells YES!!!

AWESOME!!!

#11662 3 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I've been on 'the list' since August 2019, still no game. So....the wait is at least 8 months.

Have you checked in with Melissa to see if your getting close?

#11667 3 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I will say, I was told those putting deposits down on the CT site, were going to be handled AFTER the existing list, at that time,

I heard this as well.

1 week later
#11717 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

Thanks for all the help dudes! I'll probably just order the HF one then to get walk it through the door and then move TSPP out of the way and replace with TBL. Here's the spot it's going to go, I have 20 foot birch trees installed in my photo studio and TBL will live in the forest...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The feng shui is strong in your workspace.

3 weeks later
#11812 3 years ago

New NSL just hit the wire..

“A lot has happened since we sent our last official update. Not only a lot has changed at Dutch Pinball, but the World itself has changed quite a bit in the last few months due to the Covid19 outbreak. Firstly and most importantly we hope you and your family are safe and well in these extraordinary times.

Production continues at Dutch Pinball
Despite the Covid19 outbreak we are still able to keep building new games. Fortunately, the measures in The Netherlands allow us to work albeit with strict rules on social distancing. We currently benefit from not being a large company yet. Dutch Pinball currently consists of four full time employees. The 5th employee starts this week: Tara, Barry's daughter, will join our team!

First Early Achiever games have shipped!
We are very excited to inform you that we have started shipping new EA games to our customers! Right now, one of every four games we build, will go to an Early Achiever. Delivering all EA's is the main goal of Dutch Pinball and we're sure we will succeed in doing this. We can't thank you enough for your incredible patience and believe that we are pulling this off. We also appreciate all the nice emails we received with continuous support for Dutch Pinball, even in times when the future did not look good.

All EA games will be equiped with the - limited only for Early Achievers - Achiever Edition Apron:

Below the apron is a circuit board with LED's that illuminate the apron in a way that is unique for a pinball machine: it interacts with the light show of the game. In future updates we will also make it interact during gameplay.

Looking forward
In recent months we have spent a lot of time to manufacture the game as efficient as possible. We also spent a lot of time developing and setting up our warehouse and our own ERP system, specifically for manufacturing pinball machines. We are now almost at the level that we believe is the best way to build, test, and ship our games.

We also started working with companies that supply sub assemblies so that we can build even faster. In the coming months, we will continue to outsource the production of 'simple' sub assemblies to qualified companies. Of course we will continue to do the most difficult parts ourselves: assembling the playfield and the final assembly of the entire machine.

Photo Gallery BTS
Here are some random photos we took in the last few months, just for fun : )

We hope you appreciated and enjoyed this update. We'll send out more updates as soon as we have more 'new shit' to show you guys!

Until then, stay tuned.

Best regards,
Team Dutch Pinball“
00C56C1A-CA47-498A-86AA-6D735766F970 (resized).jpeg00C56C1A-CA47-498A-86AA-6D735766F970 (resized).jpeg6CAD9C8F-6235-480F-950A-279B1FBB5280 (resized).jpeg6CAD9C8F-6235-480F-950A-279B1FBB5280 (resized).jpeg9D1CF03F-BB9A-4363-A7D7-EA8AD15AD760 (resized).jpeg9D1CF03F-BB9A-4363-A7D7-EA8AD15AD760 (resized).jpegB9F85C6B-2099-402E-9987-7F7C77B4A763 (resized).jpegB9F85C6B-2099-402E-9987-7F7C77B4A763 (resized).jpegFFB8DCE1-D040-4E08-9A98-98A6DF90C8A0 (resized).jpegFFB8DCE1-D040-4E08-9A98-98A6DF90C8A0 (resized).jpeg

7E97786A-575D-4AA9-9244-9B3E29360B1B (resized).jpeg7E97786A-575D-4AA9-9244-9B3E29360B1B (resized).jpeg
#11814 3 years ago

I have to say I was skeptical that Barry could get manufacturing going again, but it looks like he has done it, I’m impressed!

#11826 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That apron is beautiful! Has Barry made any of the lighted non achiever aprons to sell yet?

1 week later
#11891 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Is there any way to know how cointaker is prioritizing the preorders they took without deposit vs those they more recently began taking with a deposit? Can’t see right to get a straight answer from them.

Melissa is going by the original non deposit list, once all those people get their games she will go to the recent deposit list.

#11897 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

You don’t. However, CT has been nothing but great and transparent (while still getting shit done).
Mine is coming in the next few weeks and really excited to add it to the collection.
If you want one, add your name and watch the progress going on in this thread. (Or don’t and buy one on the market)

Roughly when did you get on the list?

#11928 3 years ago

Hey all, I had to sell all my games including TBL last year due to a medical crisis. I have been on Melissa’s list and saving up for another TBL for 6 months. If anyone is thinking about not taking their spot when Melissa invoices them, I would pay some premium to take the spot and could also offer my spot on the wait list if you have been invoiced for your game, but are not ready to take it yet.
If anyone is interested let me know how much you would want for your spot.

Thanks

#11931 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Literally one post above you is a guy with two machines paid in full and likely to flip one and keep one. Make him an offer and you’ll probably have a game in a week or two!

I sent him a message yesterday, I haven’t heard back from him yet. I am not in a position to pay too big of a Premium for a game so I totally get it if nobody wants to deal with me. Honestly i think I need my head examined (again) for even buying another pinball machine as I was just let go from my job after 20 years with my company, they couldn’t accommodate my medical condition.. brain tumor, multiple seizures per day and no BS I was also recently diagnosed with “alien hand syndrome”.. I didn’t even know that was a thing.

Anyway I am stuck at home now and not allowed to drive so I will admit I am chomping at the bit to get my TBL, If I was smart (which I’m not) I would leave the money in the bank, but life is just to darn short to not have a TBL sitting in my house.

4 months later
#12289 3 years ago

With all the pooling issues I have been reading about I am curious if any of the new owners have seen any playfield issues on their games? I believe JJP and DP use the same vendor.

#12294 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

So to the other playfield issue threads - were these TBL playfields screen printed or digitally printed on years ago? Certainly the clearcoat has had plenty of time to cure!

I wonder how many playfields DP originally had ordered, I would assume enough to make the EA games. I wonder if once those are used if TBL playfields will have the same issues as JJP.. Hopefully not, time will tell I guess.

#12299 3 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Finally! It arrived safe and sound. Now time for all of the mods. I'll post pics once it's done
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! What mods do you have for it?

#12304 3 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Speaker Lights
Topper
Plastic Protectors
Flipper toppers
Sideblades
Joint mod
Ramp fix
Mod couples mods
Chrome door/chrome hinges

Where did you get the chrome coin door and what is the ramp fix?

#12319 3 years ago

Is there another source for custom balls for TBL? The mod couple appears to have been sold out for quite a while.

A6EFFF58-D928-4AD7-97A1-FB8FDFBA9FA6 (resized).jpegA6EFFF58-D928-4AD7-97A1-FB8FDFBA9FA6 (resized).jpeg
#12377 3 years ago

In defense of Melissa/CT her TBL time estimates are only as good as the info that she is getting from Barry/DP. The good news is that even if you have to wait longer than expected for your game after you pay your invoice, your money is 100% safe with Melissa. I was an early EA and paid DP directly, I did end up getting my game but looking back it would have been much smarter/safer for me to have ordered thru Melissa, as she protects her customers money while they wait for their game and gives excellent support after the sale.

#12390 3 years ago

Has anyone found a better fitting lockdown bar for their TBL?

#12392 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Every WPC95 lockbar will fit. There are enough dealers out for that part.
I bought a used one and will powdercoat it in copper .

Does the WPC95 lockbar fit better than the one DP uses?

#12396 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Assuming you adjusted the screws for a tight fit of the lock down bar?

Let me rephrase that it actually locks down perfectly, it just that the lock down bar hangs over a bit on both sides of the game... every TBL I have seen is like this.

PS. CPR 9999 I sent you a PM

#12399 3 years ago

Here you go...

Dear Sean

Firstly, we hope you are staying safe and healthy through these unusual times!

We hope you will enjoy this update about production, software, our new facility and some other stuff we want to share with you! So put on your bowling shirt and let's get rolling!

Production update
It has been about a year since we started (again) with the production of the game. Much has changed since then. We have now found a good flow in production and we now build about 4 games per week.

The biggest challenge turns out to be sourcing parts. With about 650 different parts and 2500 parts in total that we buy from about 70 different suppliers AND the Worldwide pandemic, it is quite a challenge to get everything right and on time. This part of the production is probably even more difficult than manufacturing the game itself, but we have also mastered this part of production by now. And so it's time for the next BIG step!

Two weeks ago - on October 28 - we signed the lease for a new building. The new building is about five times the size of our current building and offers the opportunity to expand production. Our goal is to get to at least 10 games per week within a few months. We will move in a few weeks and the new location will be fully operational from December 1st.

So - as we speak - we are looking for new people to join our team.

Our new HQ:

Koen is back at the base!
We are happy to announce that programmer Koen is back at Dutch Pinball! From December, Koen will join our team again and will, among other things, continue working on software updates for The Big Lebowksi and other (future) projects.

Game Improvements
When we started manufacturing games again in our own facility last year we faced quite some new challenges. Building a complex machine like this is very time consuming and this motivated us to improve the game further and make it easier and faster to assemble. Now that we are in full control of production we have made a lot of improvements to the game.

To name a few:
Improved cable harness Cabinet and Bowling Alley
Added Distribution PCB's for the Cabinet and Bowling Alley
Improved Mini Playfield Car Door Assembly (stepper motor moved up to mini playfield)
Improved Mini Playfield Parking Targets
Much more sturdy Playfield Target Brackets
Improved Bowling Alley Ball Launcher Assembly
Better Bowling Alley Mini Pins mechanism
A much nicer decal on the Bowling Alley Pins
New Sparkly Gold Paint on the "Boobie" Caps
New PET-G "unbreakable" Plastics
Much nicer (spray)paint job on the Display panel and the Wood Rails
Improved Kickback roll over switch
Early Achiever Delivery Planning
At the moment, one of the four games we build is an EA. We expect that in a few months we will be able to ramp up to ten games a week and then we want to make 3, or even 4 out of 10 games an EA game. As soon as we are running at a fixed pace, we will send every EA an email with an expected delivery date.

We hope you appreciated and enjoyed this update. We'll send out more updates as soon as we have more 'new shit' to tell you.

Until then, stay tuned.

Best regards,
Team Dutch Pinball
E5481B47-AD65-4589-8412-DA4EFC94E3CB (resized).jpegE5481B47-AD65-4589-8412-DA4EFC94E3CB (resized).jpeg

Sounds like they have made some good upgrades to the game, also more code coming is great news!

#12411 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Do all the machines being manufactured right now include the new build improvements?

That is my understanding.

#12429 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Question for those in the preorder / paid group. Based on this experience would you ever order another machine from Cointaker in the future?

I have been on all sides of this as an original EA, then years later on a wait list and then a paid pre order for a new TBL. I would order a new game from Cointaker without hesitation! Melissa has always come thru for me.

#12431 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Wow ... it seems that you want *this* pin really, really, really !
It seems that I am in the wrong business !
Hopefully you get also the EA sooner or later !!!! Patience is all in this weird hobby !

I got my EA Game a couple years ago and had to sell it along with all my other games. My hope is that all EA’s get their games, but there is one Pinsider in particular that I will celebrate the day that he gets his game! If that day never comes and I am doing well enough, I’m going to find him a TBL and buy it for him!

#12442 3 years ago

• Good command of the Dutch language in word and writing.

Well shit, I’m out!

699C4DC0-EB1C-4949-87E6-3E404DEDFDF9 (resized).jpeg699C4DC0-EB1C-4949-87E6-3E404DEDFDF9 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#12489 3 years ago

Is it just me or does TBL look like it has a butter cabinet? The cabinet is beautiful!

#12501 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Looks like things turned out bad for Figgins according to his rating below. Tough pill to swallow for $12,500 u.s. Sorry to heat it, my game that was built by ARA was great.
2 days ago
PAT
Figgins
Pinside member
CA Ottawa, ON
2y20,25032223
Avoid this game and company at all cost. I bought one brand new and it has been a nightmare. I will post complete details of the nightmare I had dealing with Dutch. If you want a quality game buy a Jersey Jack. Game is made of poor quality materials, wherever corners can be cut they have been cut. It is not worth more than a Stern pro at best. AVOID this game!

Wow sorry to hear he is having issues, but that can happen with any manufacturer. My TBL is rock solid! It has an amazing quality feel to it, my game has played 100% no issues since I unboxed it.

#12517 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Nihilist!! lol Just Kidding! Definitely a love of the dude theme. This game will never leave my collection.[quoted image]

Same! I had to sell my EA game, the one I have now is not going anywhere. When we get a code drop on this game it’s going to be incredible!

#12538 3 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Yes it has changed. We were one of the last customers to receive a game. They now ship to Cointaker and then they re-ship to the customer directly.

Yep and Cointaker switched to FedEX as DHL had damaged multiple games.

#12546 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No Parking DUDE! Introducing the new No Parking Dude custom railing and parking sign. Give your bowling alley parking lot a Dude look. Simple and reversible installation. Hand painted detail for an authentic look. We are Honored to be part of your Amazing collections. The Dude Abides! Available now. Thanks again for your interest and support.
www.TheModCouplePinball.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That really ties the upper playfield together!

2 weeks later
#12599 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Yes, more then 1. 2 ea games in the last year and about 75 new money games if the numbers are to be believed.

So there are approximately 125 to 150 Lebowski‘s in the world at this point.

1 week later
#12641 3 years ago

Christmas gift from my wife

Thanks Yelobird

DE09D1FF-2412-4C8E-BDF0-412DC03CD0FE (resized).jpegDE09D1FF-2412-4C8E-BDF0-412DC03CD0FE (resized).jpeg
#12648 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

With the current price points, I can see why Dutch is losing sales to Alien, GnrLE and Led Zeppelin. Know about 7 buddy's now that have switched deposits.

Sorry to hear about your issues, I have to admit I am surprised to hear of all those problems with your game. I have owned 2 TBL’s and both have been nearly flawless (a couple switch adjustments). My games have had excellent fit and finish and played great.

TBL is a stunningly beautiful game and when it gets a code update it will be top 10 game IMHO.

#12684 3 years ago
Quoted from mac2444:

It does look remarkably like the other ones out there
[quoted image][quoted image]

Careful with that rug! It ties the room together perfectly, but it won’t hold up to foot traffic.

3 weeks later
#12747 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Nice...they gave you some beta code!

I think .53 just has the code for the lighted apron

#12780 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

IF thats an EA game in my opinion its worth more then the standard coming out now without the illuminated apron. This game will be sold fast.

The lighted EA apron from what I can tell will not even work on the earlier games as there is no plug-in for it on the main board under the playfield. I believe Barry is working on a non-EA lighted apron for earlier games that will be for sale at some point later on, I had heard cost will be around $795 for the kit.
If you haven’t seen one in person I can tell you that the lit EA apron is absolutely beautiful!

#12786 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Don’t think this assumption is correct as long as you are not speaking over the 5 prototypes. The mod connector needed for this is also on the first production TBLs as far as I know.
The non-EA lighted apron is hardware wise ready andis meant as an option for all the non-EA units. Think just a matter of making kits and set price and release it. Matter of production capacity I guess.

You would know better than me, I just recall looking underneath the playfield on an older Game and not seeing the port where the ribbon connector would plug-in, but my memory isn’t what it used to be.

Edit: This is why I don’t remember seeing it, here are pictures of new TBL and old Production TBL. I’ve circled the slot for the apron connection on both pictures, on the old Production TBL something else appears to be plugged into it.
1189984E-8434-4F1A-AF3F-680ED7427CD7 (resized).jpeg1189984E-8434-4F1A-AF3F-680ED7427CD7 (resized).jpegF7D1773B-9EC9-4E26-9518-CD28D2F911AE (resized).jpegF7D1773B-9EC9-4E26-9518-CD28D2F911AE (resized).jpeg

#12788 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I hope the non EA apron is not $1000 they are making.

I believe they will be around $795 shipping included.

2 weeks later
#12808 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Picture of today
Clearly shows work in progress. Pace is picking up and the extra amount of people is slowly starting to pay off.
[quoted image]

27AC0A5B-E4AA-43AB-AD1C-062800AD6A92.gif27AC0A5B-E4AA-43AB-AD1C-062800AD6A92.gif
2 months later
#13075 2 years ago

I wonder when DP will run out of the original good, old stock playfields? The PF’s being made now seem to be really hit or miss on quality!

2 weeks later
#13117 2 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

White Russian for you, dude. Congrats! Now get that cat away from it.

Yea that cat looks like it could be a rug pisser

#13131 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

As I think most of you know Jaap Nauta, cofounder of DP, was diagnosed with terminal cancer I think like 2 yrs ago.
Thanks to experimental therapy he stayed among us longer as expected but yesterday evening he passed away .
He is already far over a year not active with DP so it has no influence in day to day business but he will be missed. Our thoughts are with his wife and family.
So we see again, there are more important things in live as pinball.

I am so sorry to hear this news! Sending prayers for his family.

2 weeks later
#13153 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

All of this headache can be so easily avoided for barely any price premium nowadays on second hand market! With the lunacy of the pinball market, a used TBL for 13,500 is a freaking steal.

It was a steal considering people are getting $12,500 for stranger things LE.. the TBL was definitely underpriced it sold in minutes.

1 month later
#13267 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Is it known how long the order banks will be opened on TBL orders? Is there a set date a deposit needs to be made by before no more orders are accepted?

Rumor has it that they will most likely close the order window towards the end of the year as DP wants to move on to their 2nd game, but that’s just like what someone told me man.

2 weeks later
#13360 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If I recall correctly ~54 original ARA games were built. The next 40 were held hostage.
I received one of the 40 ARA hostage games. (Barry took these 40 and opened the boxes took off the EA #s and assigned new serial numbers. Mine was 324 I believe.) I think he must have started the new numbers at 300 (maybe because of the numbers of EAs being less than 200). Ok let’s use 300 as stated.
So my math says to-date ~68 EAs (new ones added in) and (541-300= 241). 541 was last reported serial number.
Total 309 built. (68+241)
(Some people believe new ones started around 314 - so that would be 14 less).
FYI 220 on Pinside say they have in their collection. And believe it or not not all owners are on Pinside!

Yea I believe the DP serial #’s also included other things like BOP 2.0 kits.

#13369 2 years ago

I posted this on the wrong thread:
Just an FYI on my original EA game I noticed that in the area circled in blue by the right ramp entrance in this photo behind the stand up target that the ball was hitting the metal ball guide. Apparently the target was bottoming on hard hits allowing the metal rail to be hit by the ball and overtime it had actually mushroomed the end of the metal rail from the ball strikes and it was causing damage to the ball as well. I had made a temporary piece to protect area until I could figure out a more permanent solution. Might want to check your games to see if the same thing is happening on your machines.

CCE641FD-31E8-4C3C-9CDC-E1CF2F0484D5 (resized).jpegCCE641FD-31E8-4C3C-9CDC-E1CF2F0484D5 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#13392 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

I'm in on a TBL preorder with Cointaker today. Also ordered the topper, game blades, and a spare plastics set. I'll be letting Melissa know I want the lighted apron included with my game. Anything else I should order with my game? Spare rug decal or mechanism? Other parts good to have from DP?

Can you select the lighted apron as an option when you order the game now, or do you just let Melissa know you want it when she asks for balance of funds?

#13408 2 years ago

I wonder who is getting EA#69 and what they want for it.. if your the lucky owner in waiting PM me, I have a case full of cash I will trade you for it.

208D6445-D2A2-4083-BDFA-32EBAE724AAC (resized).jpeg208D6445-D2A2-4083-BDFA-32EBAE724AAC (resized).jpeg

#13413 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Congrats on the approval for the apron! The difference between $11,500 and $12,100 balance seemed really small at the time of payment. Its a shit ton of money either way!
I will detail my issues as I work through them. I had a cut in my decals which is being rectified and some small cosmetic things. Overall I'm thrilled with my purchase.

How bad was the cut in the decals and how are they going about making it right? Also when did you have to let Melissa know that you wanted the lighted apron, at the time of full payment?

#13415 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

That is Cointaker’s personal game. I know as I am right behind them at #70.
Call Melissa and Chris and see if they would be willing to sell theirs.
Good luck!
Ed

Ed, Thanks and congratulations on finally being about to of get your game!

#13417 2 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Looks like a bag full of dirty underwear..

Your right dude!

#13422 2 years ago

Good call dude! It’s crazy when DP first upped their price to 12.5k I remember thinking the price was too high, but in this crazy Pinball Market TBL starting to seem like an excellent value for the money!

Quoted from toots:

Deposit placed September 10th. Pretty geeked to join the club.
[quoted image]

#13424 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

How long has it been now since the price went to 12,500? What was the last level?

My EA was $8500 in the beginning then it went to $10,000 two years later. The game has been at $12,500 since it was brought back in 2019.
I have often wondered if they had just charged $10,000 for the game to begin with Barry likely would of had the cash he needed to pay ARA in the beginning and they may have never had to shut down... but we will never know.

#13427 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I let Melissa know a few months out on the apron. Im being sent new decals from Cointaker. I have other minor marks from packaging, but this one was obviously an issue. Everyone has been very responsive (even on a Saturday) and I feel I am in good hands.
Couple technical things Im working through but nothing that interrupts gameplay. Im loving it so far!
[quoted image]

Dang that mark on the cabinet was so close to being covered by the leg! Anyways your in good hands with Barry and Melissa, they will make sure you get taken care of!

#13433 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Visited the factory today and saw with my own eyes a full pallet of these rugs.
Perhaps the misunderstanding comes from the fact that current version is an fastly improved version? First version wears very fast.

Rensh once all the parts come in roughly what do you think production per week will go up to?

#13437 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

If everything is in place and parts are there in right quality and quantity capacity is like 10+ per week.

Wow that is impressive!

1 week later
#13458 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

EA sn 69 is in a box
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c045637e43786b3786b2775df9a0f94c7193b412-1632615306-1800"};
//]]>
[quoted image]

Where is it going?

#13460 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Honestly speaking, No idea. Also not for me to answer, better ask CT if they are willing to share this info, it’s their customer after all.

I should’ve been more general my question is it coming to the US or staying in Europe? Also how is production going at the factory? Are the parts issues starting to get resolved?

2 weeks later
#13491 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

So crazy seeing TBL FS ads asking $18,500 for a game you can still order at $12,500. Is $6,000 the new “have it now” price instead of waiting the 8-12 months?

It looks like that was a for sale or for trade add my guess is that he traded it for another game.

1 week later
#13522 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Just joined the pre-order club today!
FYI, the final price has jumped up $500 as of 10/11/2021.
Still a $1k deposit though.

I figured that was coming given increased parts and labor costs and also the fact that every other Pinball manufacture has increased their prices recently.

1 week later
#13565 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Before the supply chain issue it was 8-12 months. I wonder if we'll see improved times going forward, assuming the supply catches up to demand.

I heard a rumor that production has picked up, Rensh any insight on this?

2 months later
#13668 2 years ago

I wonder how many are on Melissa’s wait list at this point, I would assume that with the new factory DP’s production is faster than what it was a year ago.

#13677 2 years ago

I remember hearing a while back that there was roughly 100 people on the non EA waiting list, if that’s the case the 19 games in that batch takes a pretty good bite out of the waiting list.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
268 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Concretehardt. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=Concretehardt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.