(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,279 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Scotty_K
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Capn12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8614 5 years ago

I just want TBL to be made again, but sadly, not sure we'll see that happen, with things the way they are.

2 months later
#8780 5 years ago

I've got an order in for a Wonka CE, and I'd do an even swap right now, if it meant I could get a functional TBL AND there be parts to fix it with, down the road. It's one of the better looking machines I've seen, and it sucks that it is stuck in the position it is.

2 months later
#8935 4 years ago

Hmm...well this would be an interesting turn of events. Regardless of the mess with the company, etc, it sucks to hear about Jaap and the prognosis.

#8948 4 years ago

And yeah, I want the game as well. After the EAs get theirs, I'll gladly pay you for a machine, once I know the game is already built. No "We'll gladly build you a game tomorrow, for money today" anymore with Dutch Pinball.

#8974 4 years ago

12.5K...uh...no one(I wouldn't *think*) is going to pay that much, to DP directly at this point, on a promise of a game.

#9015 4 years ago

Man, I should have made the offer to buy someone's spot out a few weeks ago, when it was a topic of conversation. I didn't think there was any chance we'd see movement on this, so quickly, relatively speaking, after the court stuff.

#9090 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I reached out to cointaker and would be a buyer at 12.5 on the current lot. Its gambling that they never get made again. Problem is cointaker is only doing wire transfer or check and I am not sitting on 12.5k. In other words no cc. I know I can quickly get the funds by selling a few from my collection, but don't want to risk selling games that are hard to get only for the 40 to sell out before I pay. So I am out.
If the game gets back into production? No way I'd pay 12.5. Not sure I'd pay 9. At that point its just another production game and I'd be more likely to sit and wait for a used one.

Hmm, wire transfer/check only...yeah that clouds things a bit....

#9097 4 years ago

Yeah, I use CCs for my own protection, like most consumers. I'm not as likely to try and wire transfer 12.5k (if I had it sitting to send). If it is just about the fees, I'm like dung...I don't mind covering the fees. But if it is moreso for protection against DP, well...kind of hard to argue against their stance, tbh.

#9126 4 years ago

The plot thickens, it seems...I thought there were the 40 only, as well...

1 week later
#9475 4 years ago

The market may not be there for $12,500, ad infinitum, but I am sure people will be slinging money as fast as they can, if they find a way to bring TBL back out for $9-10k

#9481 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The non EA price before the shit hit the fan was 10k from memory (included chrome armor and rug) + $500 shipping (the Euro was much stronger then so not sure how that effects) so best case if the can get these made is 10.5k shipped.

And I think...I'm ok with that price, assuming it isn't cash up front The game is awesome, I'm just hoping against hope, that we see production again.

1 week later
#9549 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

DP owes 150 games that have been paid in full. They are about 1.3 million in debt with no assets. Who in their right mind would partner with them?

Well, to be Devil's Advocate here...Barry could go to potential partners, and say/show them "Look, we just sold 40 units in minutes basically, at 12.5k a pop. The demand for this game is there."

Now...I'm not saying this would work, or that any manufacturer would go for it, I'm just saying, he has something to present, currently.

#9570 4 years ago

Yeah, I'm sure they're aware that they won't continuously sell at $12.5k. That was priced that way for a reason.

1 month later
#10452 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

So I am guessing Cointaker already has a list going for these hypothetical next set 400-500 of games. Does anyone know how long that list currently is? What sort of deposit (if any) is required?

They've got a long running list, I'm not sure how many names are on it, but they definitely have a 'list'.

#10530 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

When you say 100’s - do you 100’s or several 100’s?

I think CT/Melissa is talking about their personal machines, they are in the 1xx number range, as EAs themselves. Not how many machines are going to be sold, names on the list, etc.

Though, I definitely would love to know how many folks are on the list, at this point.

#10668 4 years ago

I think the bigger concern, if this pipe dream actually happens, isn't that it will be 500 games in before all EAs are made whole, but....

The belief that ~400 people out there, are willing to drop 12.5k on the game. Barry really needs to find a way to put the price between the original EA number (7500?) and the 12.5k that was used to, in theory, rejuvenate DP. I'm not sure there are 400 buyers out there, at 12.5k.

4 weeks later
#11063 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Ha ha, yeah.. but I don’t know what you guys over in the US on nightly basis
Over here is EastEnders or Coronation Street!

Being married to a Londoner, I know ALL about EastEnders and Corey!

2 months later
#11355 4 years ago

No one is sending money in advance, anymore. Once CT/Nitro have inventory, then they sell.

2 weeks later
#11369 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I'd love some news. I've asked Cointaker a couple times where I'm at in the line and haven't received a straight answer. I'd really like to know if I'm going to ever really have a change at buying a TBL.

That's ok...I've asked twice via email, and received ....no answer. Not sure what is better, silence or the runaround...

#11372 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballyDutchy:

Heared some whisphering, new shit news will come this friday, all EAs will love it!

So.......next Friday?

#11430 4 years ago

Yeah, 300 won't happen before 12/31/20 (IMO). We shall see, though...

1 week later
#11476 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I did get an answer back from Cointaker today and I'm quite content with my place in the line... Lets see how Dutch Pinball does at making new machines on a consistent basis moving forward...
Jeff

Phone or email? I've assumed email has been rendered useless, based on my experience.

2 months later
#11656 3 years ago

I've been on 'the list' since August 2019, still no game. So....the wait is at least 8 months.

#11661 3 years ago

I'm honestly ok with the wait, given the current economy, etc. But it would be awesome to have some time frame laid out, based on when we were added to the list. I've never gotten a number/time frame/line place, sadly.

#11665 3 years ago

I will say, I was told those putting deposits down on the CT site, were going to be handled AFTER the existing list, at that time, so who knows at this point anymore...I'm not in that much of a rush, I just know I went on the list on August 8, 2019.

#11675 3 years ago

Sorta frustrating for those of us on the list, seeing them go out and immediately flipped. But..such is life and pinball.

#11679 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

We EA's can empathize.

Oh yeah...you EAs...man, it sucks big time for ya'll. I'm just a stooge that jumped on a list, no money involved, last year.

#11727 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I am getting a bit worried by all of the "I put a deposit down" talk. I got on the list when Melissa was saying "we aren't taking any money now; you'll pay in full when we have your game ready to ship." Anyone else in the same boat? You're on the list and didn't put down a deposit? Anyone in that position actually bought and received a game?

Yeah, I am. Been on the list for around 9 months now. I asked directly about it, when CT posted that they were taking deposits again, and was told that those of us on the list already, were ahead of the $1,000 down folks that were being added. TIFWIW.

1 month later
#11918 3 years ago

On the same subject, my spot is finally up. I've been invoiced, after joining the list last August. But....now I'm having second thoughts...will some great 80s theme come out later this year, that I want more? Probably just the shock of actually being up next....

#11921 3 years ago

You guys are right. It has been my #1 wanted pin, for a few years now, I am ready to have one.

cpr9999 , I'm going to be needing to order that decal set pretty soon, now!

4 months later
#12248 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did you get that list?

I've had no success myself, trying to figure out approximate place in 'line', etc....tried numerous times.

2 weeks later
#12332 3 years ago

The lag times after payment are pretty insane. We aren't talking about delivery by horse and buggy here...across the ocean on a boat, 4 weeks should be more than enough time. Yet, some have waited 3 MONTHS?? Insanity.

#12346 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I have no issue with DP’s production rate, but rather Cointaker taking payment for games they clearly don’t have or are not ready to ship. They are also absolutely terrible at communication.

Yep, here enlies the issue. I think we're all ok with the DP production rate, it is what it is. But the distro part, is where we're all struggling to get some understanding overall. That, and the lack of any communication at all.

#12355 3 years ago

No one is complaining, we're discussing the variance and communication, or lack thereof, from CT. No one is trying to forget the EAs, man....don't worry....it is brought up ad nauseum. I understand it, 100%.

BUT, without the CT orders that we're talking about, that lack communication and consistency, ZERO more EAs will get a game, so it goes hand and hand.

1 year later
#13603 2 years ago

Well, after joining the TBL wait list back in August 2019, then jumping out last year during the disaster known as 2020.....

I'm back in! I'll consider it an early order, for a Christmas 2022 gift to myself.

1 month later
#13666 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Pleased to inform that next week 22 TBLs of which 3 pcs EA; EA 69 (thanks to a fuckup with Transporter this unit was returned to DP), 71,72 I think; will be air shipped to CT
Transport pricing Has returned to a more acceptable level thus shipping is restarted.
Now just getting a constant feed of all required parts is the main concern.
[quoted image]

Air shipped? Oh, we're getting fancy now!

#13672 2 years ago

Yeah, I think lots of folks have wanted to have some general 'idea' of line placement currently. If someone can acquire that, it'd be awesome, but I don't think anyone has been successful.

#13675 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I think airfreight has been the only way since last 2 yrs.

Gotcha. I'm behind on the situation, for sure, then.

3 weeks later
#13751 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Thinking of shelving both and getting this one.
[quoted image]

I've debated that one in the past. If you (or anyone on here) orders that, I'd love to see what the quality is, once it arrives.

2 months later
#13900 1 year ago

They’ve got a large backlog to get through, with just the EAs alone. I’m at 5 months now, myself.

2 weeks later
#13922 1 year ago

Similar situation for me, its a race to see what is ready to be paid for, first!

TBL - Ordered 11/2021
Elvira HoH - Ordered 1/2022
Godzilla Prem - Ordered 3/2022

There is a real good chance, they all come due, about the same time. I'm hoping....that isn't the case.

1 month later
#14062 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Deposit 7/23/21
Invoice 6/8/22
woo hoo!

Usually these updates come in bunches, but no one else on Pinside got their invoice?

1 month later
#14171 1 year ago
Quoted from duke-of-bourbon:

I got mine today too…6/15/21deposit 5/9/21paid 8/9/22 delivery….it’s gonna be a long week..

3 months after full payment...woof.

1 month later
#14209 1 year ago

You’d think that would make the timeline shorter, and yet here we are, still at 12-15 months.

3 weeks later
#14249 1 year ago

Ordered 11/21/21
Invoice/balance paid 10/12/22
Delivery ?

Man, my credit card hates me, but I'm happy to finally be on to the next step!

#14251 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Not so. Your credit card company loves you!

Good point, actually....

#14280 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

DP no longer gets the money upfront if you follow the story. Cointaker holds your money and DP does not get paid so until it ships.
So bring on title #2 later this year please!

Hey cpr, can you check your PMs please.

1 month later
#14323 1 year ago

Next week makes 2 months since paying my final invoice. I was hoping for a Christmas present to myself, but looking more like a New Years gift.

#14333 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Just got shipment notification for game paid on Aug 23rd

Jeebus...that is....a while.

1 month later
#14355 1 year ago

Yep, shipping notice for me as well.

Ordered - 11/18/21
Invoiced - 10/13/22
Shipping Notice - 1/16/23

#14370 1 year ago

Yeah, I definitely hope Barry and the team have another great theme in the works, once everyone gets taken care of, EA wise.

#14372 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

They can’t keep up with the orders they currently have…. Why would they be spending time on another title?

Because at some point, the TBL run WILL end. It has to. And I'm sure Dutch has no desire to just be done, after TBL, so like any pinball company with a semblance of desire for success, they have to be be thinking in the present, AND in the future. If EA orders are finally wrapped up in 2023, that means the 'cloud' is finally gone, and the company can move forward.

2 weeks later
#14406 1 year ago

10/12/22 I received/paid invoice
01/19/23 TBL arrived

So I'd say it is still a good 3 months from paid to receive.

#14412 1 year ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

I paid my invoice on 12/12/22 and there was a message games would ship at the end of January. Haven't heard anything...

I would say mid to late March is more likely, based on past performance.

#14414 1 year ago
Quoted from damadczar:

It's funny. I'm now in a race to see which will come first, EHOH or TBL.
Technically I've been waiting LONGER for Elvira.... it'll be funny if it manages to show up first. But I have hope that TBL will be here this month.

Sadly, I bailed on my EHoH. Really wanted it, but the price creep got old. 2 price changes while waiting, despite them magically finding enough parts for an expensive 40th run...nah, just a bad taste in my mouth.

Hopefully you get both soon!

1 week later
#14422 1 year ago

Looks to me, like as of today, TBL got another $500 increase, to $13,500 total.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 week later
#14447 1 year ago

3 months and 3 days for me, after paying the invoice. So I would think ya'll should be getting some shipping information within the next 2 weeks.

4 weeks later
#14550 1 year ago
Quoted from marksf123:

They seem to have some nice stuff. I am waiting for my plexiglass art blades from them.

I'd be interested in knowing the time frame, when you get them. I wanted those plexi art blades for TBL myself, but wanted to get a feel for the expected time.

#14553 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can you share the link?
Also what was the landed cost (including shipping)?

That is the (partial) rub. Facebook only right now, just gotta look for Custom Pinball

#14558 1 year ago
Quoted from Ngal8150:

Not seeing the Lebowski plexiglass art blades on their facebook page. Anyone got a pic? Everything else on their page looks awesome. I'd imagine they're very nice.

Yeah odd, they were on there, somewhere, it took me forever to find it before. Now, I can't find them. I was close to ordering them, but the awkwardness of a FB messenger only method of ordering, yeah.....I'll wait.

1 week later
#14592 1 year ago

My TBL takes a beating, playfield/dimple wise, but....no chance I wanted to put a crappy playfield protector over it, before playing it.

#14603 12 months ago
Quoted from Heisfranzkafka:

Planning on putting money down for a deposit with cointaker next week. They're quoting a year. What's the reality these days?

12-15 months, easy. I'd be shocked if you saw it within a year, and the 3-4 month wait after you pay, is even more brutal.

That being said, before Foo LE, it was by far my favorite game, so I say take the plunge! Deposit and forget it for a while.

1 month later
#14710 10 months ago

Glad your wait is FINALLY over, I know it seemed even longer than the 'norm'.

2 months later
#14810 8 months ago

Only thing I put on my TBL (late January 2023 arrival), were spacers on the slings, to protect the art. I believe even that is fixed now, though. Hopefully that means any new deliveries are pretty much good to go.

#14816 8 months ago

November 2021 to February 2023 for me.

15 months is about the 'hopeful' time frame, but 18 or 19 is possible.

3 weeks later
#14880 7 months ago

If you’re one of those folks who worry about play field dimples, I’d do some work before you play. I love my TBL, but it’s as cratered as my Ghostbusters is, sadly, even with flipper power dialed way down.

1 month later
#14972 6 months ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Well my time frame is over 4 months. I'm going on 8 months.

8 months, since you paid in full? Or are you talking, as an original EA?

#14986 6 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

If he was an EA, he'd have said 8+ years.

I moreso meant if he was an EA that was finally told his was on the way, but it was 8 months ago. He is the first person I've heard of having to wait that long, of the new CT order folks.

2 weeks later
#15018 5 months ago

I wonder when 'Last Call' will happen from DP for TBL...because the lead time is so far in advance, it is going to be a tricky bit of timing.

#15023 5 months ago
Quoted from Livin:

After dropping my deposit last month, I’ve been wondering….if DP decides to stop production of TBL before I pay full invoice sometime next year, am I still good due to giving CT the deposit? Or is it that anyone not paid in full at time of production halt is not getting the pin? Anyone have a read on this? Rensh?

Only my opinion, but I'd think you're safe. There will be a time when DP informs the distros that it is last call, or something, and that will set the 'end date' so to speak.

1 week later
#15077 5 months ago
Quoted from DVDA:

I would've moved on and got a refund

Sure, ask some of those EAs from 2015, why they didn’t just get a full refund. Why didn’t they think of that??

1 week later
#15092 5 months ago

FYI - Lior's first mod for TBL is up for pre-order, at least on Little Shop of Games webpage

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/the-art-of-pinball/dutch-pinball-the-big-lebowski/dutch-pinball-the-big-lebowski-official-sculpted-toilet-scoop/

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#15094 5 months ago
Quoted from JSC:

thanks for heads up. Just ordered. His mods are such high quality (have a few)

For sure, I've spent more on other mods, so I don't find the price to be out of line, etc. Definitely ordered as soon as I saw it, too.

1 week later
#15111 4 months ago

Once we get the official art blades and topper, I can FINALLY say my TBL is complete. Hopefully, we hear something soon(ish).

2 months later
#15189 85 days ago

6 month lead on paid invoices now. Woof, that sucks for folks, but at least the TBL run is wrapping up sometime soon.

1 month later
#15250 35 days ago

For those not in the Facebook world...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 month later
#15274 3 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

As I mentioned earlier we expect to see waiting times decrease with CT. Production capacity is a little upped plus no more EA to be made. Target is thus to get the whole current CT allotment made within 2024 eg the coming 8 months.

Rensh, on a side note, any final discussions about topper/art blades? Are they shelved, with the end of the run coming? Or is there still hope? And I know that Lior's residential situation has something to do with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 210.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Capn12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=Capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.