(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10,858 posts
  • 609 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Pinhead1982
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 924 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

laugh_o_meter (resized).jpg
themoreuknow.gif
9e8da9619349be7d54dade0f048bd57b (resized).jpg
C03387C7-5AE2-4853-8F6A-7331DE066FEC (resized).jpeg
Ct4DkT7VYAAuuzx (resized).jpg
0UMGi8Q.gif
ex0rqf4 (resized).jpg
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fthumbnails%2Fblog_1022%2Fpt_1022_786_o (resized).jpg
2-3-profit-and-loss-part-3-ssc-cgl-2018-tier-1-maths-crash-course-by-ramo-cat-99-99-iler (resized).jpg
D9989A2E-296C-49F3-99C2-D06D2FADF2AA (resized).jpeg
sid toy story (resized).jpg
0A29BA27-66C4-444C-80FF-FC0752AFD5CE (resized).jpeg
C335A757-E14D-4801-B227-6875512F0F99 (resized).jpeg
5A15337D-CD67-433E-9AC3-A7E905B26F3D (resized).jpeg
image001 (resized).jpg
image002 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (2 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (2 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (2 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (2 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (2 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (2 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (2 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (2 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #3650 Report from a dinner with Barry of Dutch Pinball. Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #3951 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #4259 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #5004 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #5229 DP update about an alternative manufacturer Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #5461 Details on June 19th DP Livestream Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #6420 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by KoenHeltzel (1 year ago)

Post #6684 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Concretehardt (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CLEllison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9678 48 days ago

In case anyone is interested, on one of the Facebook pinball groups someone listed a NIB TBL for $13k. Selling on behalf of a private collector who wants to remain nameless. Is this game really worth that kind of money or is it more of a status thing? I've never played one.

#9699 48 days ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Ok - I got in early on the pre-order and was lucky enough to receive one of the original run in May 2016 before DP got into trouble. In all honesty, no, the game itself is not worth $12.5k or $13k - it's commanding that price (and some have sold for quite a bit more) due to the limited run, perceived rarity, the theme and the assumption that no more will be made.
The machine itself is really quite impressive - the build quality as far as the cabinet etc is concerned is great, but I do have concerns re the long term viability of the custom parts and boards. It's a regular size cabinet but feels as heavy as a widebody - it feels well built and solid. I have Early Achiever Edition #8, and I did have quite a lot of problems with the machine at first... I think it took me around a year of on and off trouble shooting to get it playing 100%, but since then it has been reliable. It looks amazing, and all my non-pinhead friends are immediately drawn to it. The light show in attract mode is incredible. As something to look at instead of play, it's stunning.
I really like the layout of the machine, but it isn't exactly revolutionary. The toys really are great- the bowling alley is the obvious highlight, but I also love how the rug toy unrolls as you hit it, and the dudes car that comes out of the bowling alley on the upper playfield is fun too. The ramps are great to shoot - the lock on the left ramp is almost as satisfying as the damsel shot on MM, and the right ramp that curves up to the upper playfield is a great shot and much easier to make than I originally thought it would be. The whole layout flows pretty well.
The reason I got in on the pre-order so early is that Lebowski always was my ultimate dream theme - I used to say that if I won the lottery I'd commission someone to make me a Lebowski pin. Fortunately, the theme integration is incredible, the call outs are amazing, the music is as good as it could be given that the original tracks weren't licenced, and I LOVE the display. I still think it's the best size LCD in any machine.
The game itself though is good, not great. It feels a bit shallow when you compare it to most modern games - it's very much like a modern B/W machine as far as rules, mode progression and strategy are concerned. It's fun, sure, but there really aren't many ways to play it. I enjoy it and do play it quite often, but not as much as some of my other games. I recently picked up a JJP POTC LE and I would say that anyone who chooses to spend $12.5k on Lebowski over $9k on POTC LE on gameplay alone is insane.
I don't plan on ever selling mine - I got it for a very low price compared to what modern games now cost, and I didn't buy it to speculate. I'd also feel bad about making a large profit on the machine when so many others who pre-ordered are still waiting for one, and I just happened to get lucky. The whole Early Achiever journey was a rollercoaster, and I guess I have something of a sentimental attachment to the game because of the whole experience.
If I hadn't pre-ordered and could pick up a machine now for $12.5k I may have gone for it, but only because of my love for the movie. If it was just another pin, then I wouldn't consider it for a second.
Edit: Holy shit, $30k?! No, not worth it at all. Also, massive dick move by the seller as far as I'm concerned.
Edit 2: I said I have the machine playing 100% - not quite true. I still have an issue with the car on the upper playfield when it closes back into the bowling alley, it sometimes kind of keeps trying to close for a bit even when it's fully back in it's original position, flapping back and forwards. No idea how to resolve that one.
Edit 3: Last one. I should have mentioned that the flippers feel a little weird compared to other games. I've got used to it, but it definitely doesn't feel like any other machine I've played. For example, doing a post pass from a cradle is much more difficult. I think someone said that it was due to the lack of EOS switches.

Thank you for such an excellent and honest break down of this game. I'm glad you are happy with your purchase. The comment about rule sets being as shallow as a standard 90's BW makes me laugh in a good funny way of course. I can absolutely enjoy the crap out of a 90's BW pin. The rule set doesn;t have to be 10 miles deep. What I can't justify is that much money on one machine when you could buy two or three for that price and have double/triple the fun/experience. I get it, a dream theme for you which makes my previous statement irrelevant to you. Again, thank you for your response. It's that type of stuff I wish pinside was full of

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 21.00
$ 50.00
21,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chesterfield, VA
€ 3.70
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 209.99
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CLEllison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside