(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,366 posts
  • 620 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by corvair61
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 980 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG-8056 (resized).JPG
F2599988-C68D-4D12-80C7-3530DB579DCE.jpeg
0456FA42-B074-4D09-BBF1-7C6A1B7C0CCA.jpeg
F9362453-BE04-469A-8A56-8876A53AB26A.jpeg
460E016D-76D9-4794-9B2D-6385298E8DA6 (resized).jpeg
FFA8DAA8-4008-4877-80FD-7DA79B1FFC90 (resized).jpeg
B47E0F03-2069-490A-B672-5CC4892CF5E7 (resized).jpeg
FEA676B7-B6A8-4BA5-AC73-0E38E01A8558 (resized).jpeg
2D8ACBB4-50D0-464E-BDED-96E839E13863 (resized).jpeg
A1436FB7-23DB-4187-84DD-2571F4FC26CC (resized).jpeg
CE823DD5-B4DE-4E3D-BF99-75C65C6F44A9 (resized).jpeg
794E8DA2-DC10-4EBF-BF10-2F3F4F6C933C (resized).jpeg
86FBF9DC-3068-4867-9F86-81DCD13CC1F2 (resized).jpeg
FA4581F0-22F7-41F1-BE32-988CCFC3F9B7 (resized).jpeg
200B3E55-9811-44E3-9630-A1FD6E61A6C2 (resized).jpeg
A76E850E-005A-4AFA-BE4A-DA72E5538DDF (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 11366 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 228.
#4901 2 years ago

Just pure speculation like every other post right now.

#4902 2 years ago

New here. What did these sell for pre order? Such a great looking pin.

#4903 2 years ago
Quoted from Glockonfire:

New here. What did these sell for pre order? Such a great looking pin.

Sachet of fairy dust and half a bucket of unicorn tears, but going resale price on the 50 that exist adds at least one leprechaun and a vile of dragon blood.

jesus (resized).jpg

#4904 2 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Sachet of fairy dust and half a bucket of unicorn tears, but going resale price on the 50 that exist adds at least one leprechaun and a vile of dragon blood.

So a good deal than.

Only 50 exist? How many were planned?

#4905 2 years ago
Quoted from Glockonfire:

So a good deal than.

300 I believe.

#4906 2 years ago
Quoted from Glockonfire:

So a good deal than.

"Jesus! You said it man, nobody fucks with the Jesus."

...but seriously, I think $8500 was original pre-order price, and yeah only like 51 made it into the wild, I believe 2 were destroyed in transit, so like 49 exist. The rest that are built (~40?) are under hostage from the manufacture ARA because of a contract dispute between DP and ARA. Supposedly they plan(ned) to build 300 total, but it's really anyone's guess as to whether they'll actually get built at this point.

#4907 2 years ago

Up to #51 made it to the US, but there are more out there - some higher numbers made it into other parts of the world. Mine is #56 (held hostage), but someone posted pics of their #57 being played.

#4908 2 years ago

Interesting side note. My machine has no serial number on it or in it. Only the Achiever Edition plaque number.
I'm wonder about others.

#4909 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Interesting side note. My machine has no serial number on it or in it. Only the Achiever Edition plaque number.
I'm wonder about others.

same here Kim....

#4910 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Up to #51 made it to the US, but there are more out there - some higher numbers made it into other parts of the world. Mine is #56 (held hostage), but someone posted pics of their #57 being played.

Bummer. That must be a bitter pill to swallow.

#4911 2 years ago
Quoted from Metalthrashinmad:

I haven't commented on this thread before. I am an early achiever, number 78. I do hope it gets delivered, I also hope that DP continue to make games.

Good luck, dude! This is a dream pin for me and would be nice to be able to own a Lebowski one day...or at least get to play one in Oz. Did any make it out here before the freeze?

Hope this whole mess gets sorted for everyone involved.

#4912 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm wonder about others.

I guess the plaque serves as your serial #?

#4913 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Yeah I guess that was the whole "True serial number" thing. They weee being made in order of purchase - or randomly assigned a plaque like Stern LE's. Not sure what the serial plan for the post-achiever versions is.

#4914 2 years ago

Btw for people expecting major progress, one way or another, this week ... it may not happen.

Tomorrow is another national holiday, a lot of people finished work at lunch time today here, and many don't go back on Friday and instead take a long weekend.

#4915 2 years ago

Anyone know if Sunshine Laundromat's game is down permanently? I recall something about early issues.. wondering if it's a victim of no parts support?

Cool location... but all the 'must play' games were down

#4916 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone know if Sunshine Laundromat's game is down permanently? I recall something about early issues.. wondering if it's a victim of no parts support?
Cool location... but all the 'must play' games were down

I'll ask when I'm in next, but it is probably a parts issue. I know the rug roller wrap was split and almost completely coming undone, and there were some problems with some switches and the bowling aiming mech. It was up and running two weeks ago and I got some good games in. The owner (who is the tech) was out for a few days so more games than usual were down until yesterday.

#4917 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I have another collector machine that came with a numbered plaque and yes, that was the games serial number. However, the same serial number on that game was also impression stamped in three different areas. It was stamped on the cabinet head, cabinet body and on the front edge of the playfield.
Anyway, I just found it curious and don't mean to go off topic.

#4918 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Anyway, I just found it curious and don't mean to go off topic.

Not off-topic at all. Thanks for sharing!

#4919 2 years ago

Well, I get that it might be a holiday weekend but DP did say, "We will send out another update next week". I hope they stick to their improved messaging of weekly emails. I do suspect though that it would be no positive news. If the ball is in DPs hands then I am wondering what is taking so much time for the decision. I am curious if they are allowed time to assess the potential for better deals with other manufacturers,e.g. the company that they spoke to for BoP3.0.

#4920 2 years ago

NSNL:

We don’t have any special news this week. Because of the Ascension Holiday a lot of people take a short break in the Netherlands (including Jaap). We will have more news next week!
Thanks for your patience.
We will send out another update next week.
Kind regards,
Barry (& Jaap)

#4921 2 years ago

Glad we got an update, but ... ARGH!

#4922 2 years ago

...and that's why the #1 active pinball company is in 'Merica.

Let's hope nobody dies of old age awaiting TBL....

#4923 2 years ago

Unhappy Early Achiever (resized).jpg

#4924 2 years ago

soooooo they are either agreeing to the hostile takeover or the whole thing goes dead in the water....lets hear that update! pretty straightforward situation it seems!

#4925 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

NSNL:
We don’t have any special news this week. Because of the Ascension Holiday a lot of people take a short break in the Netherlands (including Jaap). We will have more news next week!
Thanks for your patience.
We will send out another update next week.
Kind regards,
Barry (& Jaap)

I'm totally going to not fault them for this non-update. They've taken heat for the radio silence, so at least there is some attempt to change things.

#4926 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm totally going to not fault them for this non-update. They've taken heat for the radio silence, so at least there is some attempt to change things.

This is bullshit. What more is required than a yes or no? More of the same. Some people never learn.

#4927 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

This is bullshit. What more is required than a yes or no? More of the same. Some people never learn.

Were you expecting high-fives and butt slaps? This isn't something that can be sorted in short order.

#4928 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Such anger. What's the number of your game?

.... Yeah, that's what I thought.

#4929 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

What's the number of your game?
.... Yeah, that's what I thought.

His comments on DP's communications practices are merely a diversion from his main interest in this thread, which is complaining about the Dutch royalty (and monarchies in general). Sic semper tyrannis!

#4930 2 years ago

My sole purpose in this thread is to call bullshit on any of the enablers that would help any of you lose your monies. I'm sorry some of you are so invested that you see my help as a threat. I'm really not angry. I'm disappointed. I'm having a deja vous with the other threads. This stage of mourning your financial loss is denial tending toward bargaining. Once you guys hit anger, I won't have anything more to say.

#4931 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

My sole purpose in this thread is to call bullshit on any of the enablers that would help any of you lose your monies. I'm sorry some of you are so invested that you see my help as a threat. I'm really not angry. I'm disappointed. I'm having a deja vous with the other threads. This stage of mourning your financial loss is denial tending toward bargaining. Once you guys hit anger, I won't have anything more to say.

Pretty sure no one cares dude. Save the energy. Also...

"you're out of your f'ing element SadSack!"

#4932 2 years ago

17309519_10211977674454264_3541950425918153088_n (resized).jpg

#4933 2 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Pretty sure no one cares dude. Save the energy. Also...
"you're out of your f'ing element SadSack!"

I don't fit in with losers. Thread drained.

#4934 2 years ago

The Dutch also ate the last known Dodo Bird...Bastards!!

dodo (resized).jpg

#4935 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I don't fit in with losers. Thread drained.

Golf clap.

#4936 2 years ago

Yea, after the guy sinks a 19 foot putt to win the Masters.

#4937 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I don't fit in with losers.

Beat it! And good luck selling that janky, rusty-ass Operation:Thunder. Was it in plugged in next to the ocean?

#4938 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

...and that's why the #1 active pinball company is in 'Merica.

Can confirm that European pinball companies seem to take a lot of holidays.

#4939 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Virtually all European COmpaNies.....

#4940 2 years ago

Long live the King !

Another holiday.

#4941 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Pretty much the USA is the only semi civilized country where people actually skip the few vacation days they have in fear they will miss out on some of the action.

#4942 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not just Europeans and not just people at pinball companies!

#4943 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

People wouldn't believe the number of public holidays in China. WAY more than Australia that's for sure.

This coming Tuesday is "Dragon Boat Day" (holiday of course) so the staff all decided to ask if they could work Sunday instead of Monday and have two days off.

It's very common to do this sort of juggling here and the good thing about that is I don't have to pay double time for their Sunday work.

This is something the Government allows the workers to negotiate by themselves with bosses and it actually makes sense.

There isn't a hope in hell I could ever negotiate this deal in Australia without paying the workers their double time for the Sunday work - in fact, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't actually be legal.

#4944 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pretty much the USA is the only semi civilized country where people actually skip the few vacation days they have in fear they will miss out on some of the action.

USA is almost a third world country where you have to work all the time to survive.

#4945 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

USA is almost a third world country where you have to work all the time to survive.

Crazy isn't it?

But a large portion of the USA works all the time because many companies only give one or two weeks vacation and in many cases that is not a paid vacation.

In other instances people work all the time including more than 40 hours in a week to pay off debt and interest on things they buy, much of which they don't really need in the first place.

#4946 2 years ago

I know off topic, but will chime in. I'm taking one day off each week for the summer to save child care costs. When I mention that people say you must get a lot to time. Simply, I build it up for this type of use.

#4947 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In other instances people work all the time including more than 40 hours in a week to pay off debt and interest on things they buy, much of which they don't really need in the first place.

You mean like pinball machines and mods?

#4948 2 years ago

Europe is cool
Played a AFM at Malo Melo while legally puffing a fattie in the bar after a killer set.
More pinball on location in Amsterdam then most American cities

Stupid Americans,over worked,under paid,dying earlier suckers

#4949 2 years ago

At this rate we will be at the August month off. Say they get a deal end of July. We start up in Sept. After being off all August they come back and say all parties have been refreshed and now we agree we were premature and need to start the negotiations over!

#4950 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

parties have been refreshed

Reads as:Debt to ARA settled.Production back on!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 21.00
€ 3.70
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Francisco, CA
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 117.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 11366 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 228.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside