(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 306.
#4851 6 years ago

Note to DP: Hire said "consultant" (or experienced attorney) BEFORE you sign a fricking contract manufacturing agreement. #business101

I know many agree that it's safe to say the ARA contract probably has more holes than the PGA. Based on what we know, it's very likely DP never secured the rights to their molds/tooling. It's also very likely they didn't stipulate a fixed price with a set BOM prior to production. We may not know the ins & outs, but a well-structured contract wouldn't have allowed a price increase after production began.

DP knows that if they had a pot to pee in, they would have already filed a lawsuit by now. The fact that they are entertaining a lopsided deal (takeover) shows they have no leg to stand on. If DP had a strong contract, they wouldn't be negotiating or considering this unbalanced offer, nor communicating it to us.
Rookie business move or not, it's in their best interest to make this deal happen.

And don't get me started with ARA. They are jackasses for doing Dutch press interviews promoting their facilities, capabilities, and involvement with TBL (like this one: http://m.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/article/26394612/hollandse-flipperglorie).

I am tempted to reach out to the Directors at NiVoGe and ask them for a status update on my game -- not just via email but on LinkedIn too. Heck, I may do a blog about this entire experience in Dutch and SEO it so that it's first page result every time you Google "ARA" or "NiVoGe" or search for them on LinkedIn.

The younger, less patient me would reach out to the Dutch press outlets that covered ARA's involvement with TBL last year and ask them to follow-up with ARA for an update on progress, # of games produced/shipped, and customer reception/feedback.

They (ARA) should have stayed behind the scenes like any other contract manufacturer. You don't see Foxconn giving factory tours and publicly promoting how they make iPhones. I am not a lawyer, but ARA could easily be included in any legal complaint there in The Netherlands.

#4852 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

2. Forget the assumption that DP is broke. I have no reason to even assume that and nobody who suggested they are have any form of proof even remotely indicating that. The only reason they refused to pay ARA in the first place was because ARA raised the prices of the games due to poor project management and overpaying for parts on their end. In the decision not to pay ARA were principles involved, which is completely unrelated to whether DP could pay them.

Then the question is, what brings ARA in a position to make this offer? On what grounds do they think they can hold those machines hostage? They must have a legal base for that, one of which can be that payments are long overdue and money is gone. Why else would DP even consider this takeover?

Quoted from unigroove:

Keep in mind that ARA doesn't have any experience in selling pinball games. The collectors market they may be able to sell some games to, but the operators market requires a different approach. Being able to make games doesn't mean you're able to sell them in the quantities you want them to sell.

They don't need to. Acquiring DP comes with the network, Cointaker and Nitro will be happy to sell those pins off.

#4853 6 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

but a well-structured contract wouldn't have allowed a price increase after production began.

I'm not saying they don't exist, but I've never seen a contract that did not provide a change order mechanism. I can't begin to tell you how many deals I've seen get sideways as a result of change orders. I've also not seen a multi-year contract that did not have some sort of COLA clause. Add to that contracts that require sourcing and/or labor from other countries having clauses covering exchange rate and foreign tax protections. In my limited sample size with large, multi-year deals, price adjustments were actually the norm, not the exception.

That having been said, these adjustments are usually well managed and accounted for. This suggests the contract was either poorly constructed (one-sided), poorly understood and/or poorly managed. Of course, all this supports your primary assertion:

Quoted from highdef:

Note to DP: Hire said "consultant" (or experienced attorney) BEFORE you sign a fricking contract manufacturing agreement. #business101

#4854 6 years ago

DP needs to think hard about this. I get that they are upset about losing control but as Rarehero said, what was possible/the dream in 2014 has evaporated in 2017. Pros/Cons seem obvious...

They could dump the deal:
Pros - They own 100% of DP and a couple handfuls of people happy with a TBL.
Cons: No software support going forward nor any hardware support for the 40+ owners. They will also have hundreds of people pissed off
that they lost thousands of dollars and looking for legal means to find resolution. A big headache and potential financial loss for them.

They accept the deal:
Pros: Customers happy, More DP Pinball customers. Reputation restored. More DP Games for the FUN of Pinball. No headache with Manufacturing
Cons: DP lose control and maybe some independence.

It seems like a no brainer to me. IF DP's ultimate goal was to design/make Pinball machines and have fun then that is still possible. The vision / scope much change... They must adapt. Sometimes you have two shit sandwiches and have to pick one. This all comes down to how pragmatic DP is and if Egos can be checked at the door. They are in a hole and a rope is being dangled....

If they dump a deal over pride and ego with no immediate backup plan .... then they are fools.

#4855 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm flipping out at your inane assessment of things, not so much the situation itself. You've managed to become worse than DP in a DP thread. Congrats.

Hmmm this is a very fing tough call

#4856 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I'm not saying they don't exist, but I've never seen a contract that did not provide a change order mechanism.

Depending on the volume, most stipulate a YoY % cost-down, not cost-up.

Based on what I know thus far, I believe DP may have run out of money prior to production starting in April '16. At that time, they didn't (and still don't) have 300 PAID IN FULL preorders. They may have sold their souls just to get the first initial games going on the line with hopes of catching up with the remaining higher-priced games (non-Early Achievers/those with $1K deposits with CT and Nitro).
Who knows?!

CT was telling customers that ARA was being unreasonable, so why wouldn't DP pursue legal action against ARA? They now probably know they don't have any recourse, hence the stalling and backpedaling. DP is most likely screwed (and know it).

DP needs to drop their pants and chalk it up as a painful business lesson. We want our games and this is their only hope.

On a related note, a Dutch judge recently ruled that Apple's warranty replacement products must be new and NOT refurbished. This proves that the country is pro-consumer. It's in DP's best interest to do something soon before they have more legal woes. Others can sit back and rationalize, but I've set my own mental deadline for when action will be taken. I'm not going to sit on the sidelines for another year until/while they figure it all out. Enough is enough. I have plenty of other problems and pinball can't be one of them.

#4857 6 years ago

"I'm not going to sit on the sidelines for another year until/while they figure it all out. Enough is enough."

Exactly how I feel. 3 year wait is enough. The solution seems better than inevitable lawsuit coming from an angry mob, who is in their right to sue. It's time... Shake hands and move on DP.

#4858 6 years ago

Pretty CONfident to say that Gary Stern was correct in his assessment of DP. Basically, they won't be a threat......

#4859 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Then the question is, what brings ARA in a position to make this offer? On what grounds do they think they can hold those machines hostage? They must have a legal base for that, one of which can be that payments are long overdue and money is gone. Why else would DP even consider this takeover?

Not paying a bill doesn't automatically mean you CAN'T pay it. If a vendor just sent you a bill for an amount you don't agree with, are you just going to pay it because they sent it? You can't assume non-payment means insolvent. Non-payment can be a choice.

The grounds to hold hostage and demand money can be any number of contractual issues from any number of the steps along the way. We really have little to go on except that there is a disagreement on the monies owed.

#4860 6 years ago

I haven't commented on this thread before. I am an early achiever, number 78. I do hope it gets delivered, I also hope that DP continue to make games. Of the quality of build that TBL is. It can be seen from the production pics and manufacturing techniques, that this game is of high quality

One thing I think people are missing in the last NS newsletter. It is not ARA wanting a 51% holding. It is NiVoGe who are the parent company. ARA operate independently. NiVoGe are making a move to get the finger in both pies. DP for design, game development and sales. ARA for production of TBL and any future games. It would be a clever strategy to have a controlling share in a game design company, when you also have a controlling share in a manufacturing company capable of making the games. IF DP popularity increases and the company does take off, to a point where they were producing 25% of what Stern were it could be a stepping stone for them to upscale ARA and increase profit of both companies. This also provides significant tax advantages spreading money across several businesses.

To simplify the math (and before anyone shoots me down, this is a basic scenario). DP are only in for around 25% of the final Revenue.
NiVoGe get 51% of Sales through DP, Barry and Jaap get 49%. NiVoGe also get (assumed) 51% from manufacture, other shareholders of ARA get balance.

Barry and Jaap could also counter offer that one of them is appointed to the board of NiVoGe for an agreed period, thus regaining some say in the direction of the business as a whole, NiVoGe Group only has two companies in the group, so this is not as ridiculous as it sounds. They also have the advantage that if they both left DP after a takeover and prior to appointing any other staff, NiVoGe/DP would probably close its doors anyway. Barry and Jaap could try to go it alone again.

I doubt, NiVoGe will jump in and dictate to DP how it is all going to change. Unless you are Richard Branson, you don't just decide one day you are going to take over a pinball company who employs two people and think you are going to shake things up. They may however, provide better structured budgets, which yes may lead to half featured "PRO" games and or price increases. They would most likely contract programming and graphic design.

I see this as a positive for DP to expand, and sometimes you have to give something up to make progress. I also see this as a calculated business decision from NiVoGe, who see potential in a monopolised market. Pinball manufacture is a nice complement to the businesses they already own.

#4861 6 years ago

From Jaap and Barry's point of view, owning 100% of DP as it is now is probably worth next to nothing. The alternative is owning 49% of a pinball manufacturer capable of designing, marketing and producing actual pinball machines. Has to be a net win for them.

#4862 6 years ago

At this rate Charlie at Spooky is going to be the only original owner left in pinball by the end of 2017. Tough business.

#4863 6 years ago

Can you be more specific about your assumption Aurich?

#4864 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

At this rate Charlie at Spooky is going to be the only original owner left in pinball by the end of 2017. Tough business.

Not at all......

#4865 6 years ago
Quoted from Metalthrashinmad:

I haven't commented on this thread before. I am an early achiever, number 78. I do hope it gets delivered, I also hope that DP continue to make games. Of the quality of build that TBL is. It can be seen from the production pics and manufacturing techniques, that this game is of high quality
One thing I think people are missing in the last NS newsletter. It is not ARA wanting a 51% holding. It is NiVoGe who are the parent company. ARA operate independently. NiVoGe are making a move to get the finger in both pies. DP for design, game development and sales. ARA for production of TBL and any future games. It would be a clever strategy to have a controlling share in a game design company, when you also have a controlling share in a manufacturing company capable of making the games. IF DP popularity increases and the company does take off, to a point where they were producing 25% of what Stern were it could be a stepping stone for them to upscale ARA and increase profit of both companies. This also provides significant tax advantages spreading money across several businesses.
To simplify the math (and before anyone shoots me down, this is a basic scenario). DP are only in for around 25% of the final Revenue.
NiVoGe get 51% of Sales through DP, Barry and Jaap get 49%. NiVoGe also get (assumed) 51% from manufacture, other shareholders of ARA get balance.
Barry and Jaap could also counter offer that one of them is appointed to the board of NiVoGe for an agreed period, thus regaining some say in the direction of the business as a whole, NiVoGe Group only has two companies in the group, so this is not as ridiculous as it sounds. They also have the advantage that if they both left DP after a takeover and prior to appointing any other staff, NiVoGe/DP would probably close its doors anyway. Barry and Jaap could try to go it alone again.
I doubt, NiVoGe will jump in and dictate to DP how it is all going to change. Unless you are Richard Branson, you don't just decide one day you are going to take over a pinball company who employs two people and think you are going to shake things up. They may however, provide better structured budgets, which yes may lead to half featured "PRO" games and or price increases. They would most likely contract programming and graphic design.
I see this as a positive for DP to expand, and sometimes you have to give something up to make progress. I also see this as a calculated business decision from NiVoGe, who see potential in a monopolised market. Pinball manufacture is a nice complement to the businesses they already own.

Wrong wrong wrong

Basic math is, flying all over the world and showing games is from money customers paid, there is not enough money to pay the contract manufacturer, so the manufacturer has offered a solution to dp, can't pay we will help you by you signing over 51% of the company that's it.

its the same as others in the past, nivoge are looking at being the investor. All the owners should call ara or nivoge and broker a deal for their machine.

Like a foreclosure they are only interested in getting back what is outstanding, sad part is some paid dp in full already

Where has all the money gone, no transparency from DP.

#4866 6 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

I am sure he means if someone offers enough, you can't ever say no

#4867 6 years ago

My take on the announcement is that it confirms earlier speculation DP is out of money and can't pay for 50 hostage games sitting in warehouse, nor for games already delivered to US. DP's plan to build BOP 3.0 was to fund back orders. That option wouldn't work and wasn't going to, expect to see it abandoned.

This deal is for DP to give up controlling ownership for the monies owed and to established a price for producing games going forward. If DP agrees, expect the debt to be forgiven and games to flow again. Make no mistake, the project was in the red and DP needed a rescue. This is likely to be the only option that presents itself and I don't see DP has anyone else or anywhere else to go. For that reason I think they will take the deal and build all 300 games.

ARA will have to show a strong commitment to supporting the game and furthering code before I'd be interested in a TBL.

#4868 6 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

I'll spell it out. Alien is in serious trouble.

#4869 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'll spell it out. Alien is in serious trouble.

I think anyone making pinballs is in trouble without a billionaire investor

#4870 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

My take on the announcement is that it confirms earlier speculation DP is out of money and can't pay for 50 hostage games sitting in warehouse, nor for games already delivered to US. DP's plan to build BOP 3.0 was to fund back orders. That option wouldn't work and wasn't going to, expect to see it abandoned.
This deal is for DP to give up controlling ownership for the monies owed and to established a price for producing games going forward. If DP agrees, expect the debt to be forgiven and games to flow again. Make no mistake, the project was in the red and DP needed a rescue. This is likely to be the only option that presents itself and I don't see DP has anyone else or anywhere else to go. For that reason I think they will take the deal and build all 300 games.
ARA will have to show a strong commitment to supporting the game and furthering code before I'd be interested in a TBL.

The license is for way less than 300 games, remember they didn't even have a license to begin with

They should have taken on going orders and renewed the license instead of rejecting container orders from dealers

#4871 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

remember they didn't even have a license to begin with

That's a lie.

There was a point where they were showing things before they had art approval from the licensor - but, they had the license.

They also has the music license but didn't realize that didn't give them the rights to the master tracks.

This is why they brought Roger Sharpe in - to help with all the ins, outs and whathaveyous.

#4872 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Not paying a bill doesn't automatically mean you CAN'T pay it. If a vendor just sent you a bill for an amount you don't agree with, are you just going to pay it because they sent it? You can't assume non-payment means insolvent. Non-payment can be a choice.
The grounds to hold hostage and demand money can be any number of contractual issues from any number of the steps along the way. We really have little to go on except that there is a disagreement on the monies owed.

I have an email saying they can't afford to pay back the requests for refund.....does this count?

#4873 6 years ago

Oh no wait..... DP lies, never mind Flynnibus you may be right. And I know how much you love to hear you are right

#4874 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Oh no wait..... DP lies, never mind Flynnibus you may be right. And I know how much you love to hear you are right

Everyone loves to hear when they're right (not just @flynnibus)!

#4875 6 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

Just watching like anyone else. I'm a civilian these days. Back to my own projects. Like my title says, mods and opinions.

Quoted from Homepin:

Not at all......

Have you revealed or shipped a game? I haven't paid attention since you got all butt hurt about not selling to Americans or something. Never quite understood it, but it seemed like holding a gun to your own head so I tuned out. Is that still the case?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4876 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I have an email saying they can't afford to pay back the requests for refund.....does this count?

Accurate email or not.. that doesn't negate my point. Refusing to pay doesn't mean the ONLY outcome is you have no money.

Plus, If I tell you I can't afford to give you 10k, does that mean I don't have 10k? Or simply I can't afford that money to go back to you because it's already committed or I don't have 10k EXTRA to give up? Or that I can't afford to start a run on the bank??

It's amazing how confident you guys get over a few written words, find a single track and ignore every other possibility because you've already leapt to your own conclusions and extrapolations.

Besides.. why would DP willingly give anyone a refund at this point? To do so would only cause nearly everyone to request one because of the uncertainties. Refunds are only gonna come from legal initiated actions.

#4877 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Accurate email or not.. that doesn't negate my point. Refusing to pay doesn't mean the ONLY outcome is you have no money.
Plus, If I tell you I can't afford to give you 10k, does that mean I don't have 10k? Or simply I can't afford that money to go back to you because it's already committed or I don't have 10k EXTRA to give up? Or that I can't afford to start a run on the bank??
It's amazing how confident you guys get over a few written words, find a single track and ignore every other possibility because you've already leapt to your own conclusions and extrapolations.
Besides.. why would DP willingly give anyone a refund at this point? To do so would only cause nearly everyone to request one because of the uncertainties. Refunds are only gonna come from legal initiated actions.

I've never seen someone enjoy being wrong so much and so often.

#4878 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I think you mean, other than you.

#4879 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I think you mean, other than you.

Another epic eggbert burn!

Shifting gears, eggbert, shortly after you were going off about the Dutch royalty in this thread I read this:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/05/18/dutch-king-reveals-secret-life-as-a-klm-airline-pilot/

If you have to have a king, this guy seems alright.

#4880 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Glad you have all the inside juice on DP, ARA and everything else!

I'm glad people are so happy to leap so far ahead based on shit that can mean 10 different things... but hey, let's just ignore that and pick your favorite and bash anyone who doesn't pile on with you.

I personally have no doubt that the TBL project is constrained cash wise... but that is based on speculation, not cites. Pardon me for taking the conservative view of 'what you know' instead of 'what could be'.

I can't see them having the whole thing go up in smoke over 40k euros and a higher cost per game going forward. These are personal finance types of numbers, not millions. There has to be much bigger issues at hand than a singular boost in charges on the games built. (as we have already gone through)

But if the group-think wants to pat themselves on the back about how the ONLY solution they've heard.. is bar none, the zero con, best solution out there. Go for it.

#4881 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Have you revealed or shipped a game? I haven't paid attention since you got all butt hurt about not selling to Americans or something. Never quite understood it, but it seemed like holding a gun to your own head so I tuned out. Is that still the case?

My anger was directed at PayPus for their shady practices, some mistook that as a general attack on Americans - incorrect.

I started a thread to show what work we are doing in the factory. There is certainly no requirement for you to look at that thread but please don't come on here saying "Homepin doesn't exist" until you have at least browsed that thread. As I have constantly said right from the start, our FIRST TAG machines will ship to countries OTHER THAN the USA because that is the market I identified as being the most receptive to this theme.

A finished , factory production Thunderbirds pinball will be exhibited at Pinfest, Newcastle Australia in October this year and full production will start straight after that.

Homepin currently manufactures several different machines including some exclusively for the Chinese market - some are OEM for other companies. Homepin is a fully functioning, operational arcade machine factory - right now - TODAY!

#4882 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Quoted from flynnibus:

Glad you have all the inside juice on DP, ARA and everything else! ...

Agree with him or not, I think some of flynnibus's contentions are certainly feasible given the lack of information that we're all left to speculate with.

#4883 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

My anger was directed at PayPus for their shady practices, some mistook that as a general attack on Americans - incorrect.
I started a thread to show what work we are doing in the factory. There is certainly no requirement for you to look at that thread but please don't come on here saying "Homepin doesn't exist" until you have at least browsed that thread. As I have constantly said right from the start, our FIRST TAG machines will ship to countries OTHER THAN the USA because that is the market I identified as being the most receptive to this theme.
A finished , factory production Thunderbirds pinball will be exhibited at Pinfest, Newcastle Australia in October this year and full production will start straight after that.
Homepin currently manufactures several different machines including some exclusively for the Chinese market - some are OEM for other companies. Homepin is a fully functioning, operational arcade machine factory - right now - TODAY!

Sounds good, glad to hear that no US games thing wasn't a real thing.

#4884 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Another epic eggbert burn!
Shifting gears, eggbert, shortly after you were going off about the Dutch royalty in this thread I read this:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/05/18/dutch-king-reveals-secret-life-as-a-klm-airline-pilot/
If you have to have a king, this guy seems alright.

Royalty is repugnant. Hereditary dictators are an anathema to the Liberty bestowed by God on any free man in a constitutional republic.

#4885 6 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Royalty is repugnant. Hereditary dictators are an anathema to the Liberty bestowed by God on any free man in a constitutional republic.

Riiiiiiight ...

#4886 6 years ago

I'm new to this thread, from what I gather it sounds like TBL may not be actually made? That sucks, this game looked amazing and I'm a HUGE Lebowski fan.

#4887 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Wait . What the !! . START after Pinfest ? . I was under the assumption that production had already begun on games , especially for those who have already pre-paid .

#4888 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Not at all what you wrote then. It was a general attack on Americans and a rejection of the U.S. market in general. I don't really care about that, but don't pretend that it was directed towards PayPal.

#4889 6 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

Wait . What the !! . START after Pinfest ? . I was under the assumption that production had already begun on games , especially for those who have already pre-paid .

Dude, calm down. Take a look at his thread. Yes, production has begun, they have made everything from the playfield screws to the cabinets from scratch in house. They have several prototypes ready to be sited and are just waiting on final approval of some toys and artwork before they start assembling the first 100 machines. Mike has apologized for the delay to the small number of customers who have pre-orders.

Now, back to Lebowski.

#4890 6 years ago

Gentle moderation notice / reminder:
This is a DP thread, not a Homepin thread! Please move further discussion re. Homepin in the proper thread...

#4891 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's a lie.
There was a point where they were showing things before they had art approval from the licensor - but, they had the license.
They also has the music license but didn't realize that didn't give them the rights to the master tracks.
This is why they brought Roger Sharpe in - to help with all the ins, outs and whathaveyous.

Really like predator ha?

Have you seen the contract date and number of games and deadline, expiry date?

Normal license is 2 years

#4892 6 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

If it were the Heighway definition of production, then production would have started 18 months ago when the first parts were finished.

I assume this is the more conventional definition of production in pinball. I.E. final assembly.

#4893 6 years ago

Really like predator ha?

Kulek never had anything. He was first hoping to get away with not having one, then that they would just retroactively grant him one after he'd already started taking money. It's not remotely alike.

Also, Sharpe recently said in an interview that he'd extended the TBL license for DP and that it was a formality.

#4894 6 years ago

Really like predator ha?

Look, we all have our beef with Dutch. Legit beef based on legit problems. Don't add bullshit and lies to the mix. GTFO if you're gonna be like that.

They have the license. Don't you think Universal would have said "the fuck you talkin about, man"? when I contacted them if DP didn't have it? Do you think Roger Sharpe is a liar?

It's really rich seeing this type of slander coming from you, Wayne....the guy who had people's money for almost a decade and couldn't succesfully remake MM. Should we dip back into that sack of lies? GTFO.

#4895 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Look, we all have our beef with Dutch. Legit beef based on legit problems. Don't add bullshit and lies to the mix. GTFO if you're gonna be like that.
They have the license. Don't you think Universal would have said "the fuck you talkin about, man"? when I contacted them if DP didn't have it? Do you think Roger Sharpe is a liar?
It's really rich seeing this type of slander coming from you, Wayne....the guy who had people's money for almost a decade and couldn't succesfully remake MM. Should we dip back into that sack of lies? GTFO.

To be fair to Wayne...sure, he pretty much lied about dates and progress on that MM project, but whenever someone wanted out he cut them their refund within a couple weeks. That goes for the entire 10 or so years the project went on. Nobody got stiffed of their money with that project. Nobody.

#4896 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Kulek never had anything. He was first hoping to get away with not having one, then that they would just retroactively grant him one after he'd already started taking money. It's not remotely alike.
Also, Sharpe recently said in an interview that he'd extended the TBL license for DP and that it was a formality.

You only need Rogers skills to get you out of the shit when what they did was wrong.

I have the highest respect for roger, delt with him many times at wms, I will call my contact and get the license details

#4897 6 years ago

I will call my contact and get the license details

Why bother and what's with the hard-on? We want a manufacturing agreement so games can ship and be produced again. It's really that simple. Your gumshoe work won't have any effect on this process.

#4898 6 years ago

DP - stop dicking around with our money....enough is enough. Leverage is gone, just partner up and get the fucking machines built and shipped! 3 YEARS! You wanna talk contracts...what about US? The CUSTOMER. The INVESTOR. Hung to dry... Just get it done.

#4899 6 years ago

Maybe another update tomorrow?

#4900 6 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Maybe another update tomorrow?

What's tomorrow? Friday seems to be "update day" now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.