(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,156 posts
  • 615 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Time
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 940 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F0909F15-6D98-4937-9CBA-59C24F2AA527 (resized).jpeg
2m2qc9 (resized).jpg
ATampT-Wireless-Just-OK-TV-Commercial-Translator (resized).jpg
snafubar.png
Cash Machine (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
248E6180-C5FC-42E0-BFDD-3AF29E6979FF (resized).jpeg
6868685D-D473-48C3-A316-0C505EAE7797 (resized).jpeg
27DE3EF0-6251-4D0A-A589-75AEE0E66D81 (resized).jpeg
869AF936-E13C-4A94-BB35-774886977DCF (resized).jpeg
630402B2-B1CB-4066-AEE0-236A564FB65A (resized).jpeg
E4DFF554-5673-4DDA-B93E-88AC92ADF543 (resized).jpeg
1C08CB09-1027-48C0-86AE-5A3093262C3F (resized).jpeg
EA6D8509-4CEA-4D91-AC18-E7244C457EC4 (resized).jpeg
F6DD9947-56E6-41B7-A6F6-AB8DC98D5D95 (resized).jpeg
5DA182BF-9053-4FAF-B3D9-6D112C43844E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 11156 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 224.
#4701 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I don't think DP had enough for him to work on fulltime at the moment, so I don't see a problem.

I doubt there are many people who have played TBL that would consider the code complete. There has only ever been maybe once code update since they started shipping? Seems like there was more than enough code work left, assuming the resources and funds were available.

#4702 2 years ago

And in true fashion, IDIOTS are trying to selll their games for $16,800!! LMFAO!!!

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 9.26.59 PM (resized).png

#4703 2 years ago

As someone with one, diagree. There is a complete game there. Maybe it's not as deep as what everyone wants, but all inserts are accounted for and complete mode tree. Sure, more is better and 'internet enabled' parts aren't turned on but can't really call it incomplete as a game.

Quoted from Mike_M:

I doubt there are many people who have played TBL that would consider the code complete. There has only ever been maybe once code update since they started shipping? Seems like there was more than enough code work left, assuming the resources and funds were available.

#4704 2 years ago

It would be nice to see some communication from ARA that corroborates the DP view of the situation. I am sure they want to sell machines (get paid).

#4705 2 years ago

Maybe DP wants to sort out a contract - water tight. Then can go to the 140 customers with Deposit only and then start up the production again.

Think it is the 2nd machines sales that will help DP make a small profit and pay ARA.

Starting a business usually means no profit for the first few years

#4706 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Think it is the 2nd machines sales that will help DP make a small profit and pay ARA.

No ones gonna buy that thing for $12.5k, so that plan is out.

#4707 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Opps Rubberducks d and f key so close together my apologies

I'm cool with rubberduck
Dude called me stupid when I said it's about money
Of course it's about money

#4708 2 years ago

Game over, man.

Yet another promising game goes up in smoke, along with hundreds of thousands of dollars.

#4709 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Maybe DP wants to sort out a contract - water tight. Then can go to the 140 customers with Deposit only and then start up the production again.
Starting a business usually means no profit for the first few years

That is the definition of a pyramid scheme

#4710 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

That is the definition of a pyramid scheme

Possibly...

#4711 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No ones gonna buy that thing for $12.5k, so that plan is out.

for 9/10 K$ average price for one TBL dream in the US adding 2.5 K$ to actually make the game a reality would have people do it I think

#4712 2 years ago
Quoted from MPRAMONE:

for 9/10 K$ average price for one TBL dream in the US adding 2.5 K$ to actually make the game a reality would have people do it I think

We're talking about BOP 2.0 for $12.5k, not raising the price of TBL.

#4713 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We're talking about BOP 2.0 for $12.5k, not raising the price of TBL.

hmmm gotcha, yes I didn't think of BoP 2.0... still I think they 'll find a way around as they've been through some bumps already before as we know and they managed ok so far so hope is there..
DP people won't let go easily no doubt from here.
I don't have clues but I hope they get the fans happy in the end and earn some money too

#4714 2 years ago

Super wowie BOP V3.0 actually (get one before they're gone!)

#4715 2 years ago

I wonder if Unigroove (Mr. Joosten of Pinball Magazine) has anymore information on what's really going on over there between ARA and DP.
Be nice to here from a neutral party.
So Unigroove if your out there it would be nice to hear from you. Request from one of many Achievers wondering what really is happening. NSNL's are getting more vague every time we receive one.

#4716 2 years ago

Hey gang, please refer to rubberducks as rubberducks and not any intentional/vulgar modification of his name. Thank you and have a good evening.

#4717 2 years ago

Soon the pirates will decimate BOP 2.0 destined to become freeware just a matter of time, and everyone will get burned or a rom burner lol

#4718 2 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Soon the pirates will decimate BOP 2.0 destined to become freeware just a matter of time, and everyone will get burned or a rom burner lol

You do realize it's not just rom right?

#4719 2 years ago

oh I thought it was just a rom swap is it a whole mpu replacement?

#4720 2 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

oh I thought it was just a rom swap is it a whole mpu replacement?

It is (among other things): a p3-roc, lcd display, a power controller board, and small form factor computer.

While you could theoretically buy all the parts piecemeal, advocating for the piracy of the software seems like an additional low blow to the guy who coded it: Koen. He put in a ton of work coding that game into reality and now his involvement in DP is unclear at this time.

It also would do nothing to make TBL owners whole or get DP out of this situation.

I find your post to be an uninformed addition of insult to injury. Things are bad enough without this stuff.

Quoted from gmkalos:

#4721 2 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Yeah, good luck with that lol.

#4722 2 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

LOL...not gonna happen buddy.

#4723 2 years ago

Actually, pity him for even thinking it.

#4724 2 years ago

I don't have any money in this but DP is finished. If you have anyway to get out and get your money back press the button now Even if ARA rights itself the rest of the machines will be the last as you couldn't trust ARA again and the cost to re-tool at another vendor isn't going to be cheap and its clear DP have liquidity restrictions.

#4725 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I don't have any money in this but DP is finished.

No need to make the mood any worse than it already is right now.
Besides, you bought a Batman '66, so your judgment can't be too sound!

#4726 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I don't have any money in this but DP is finished. If you have anyway to get out and get your money back press the button now Even if ARA rights itself the rest of the machines will be the last as you couldn't trust ARA again and the cost to re-tool at another vendor isn't going to be cheap and its clear DP have liquidity restrictions.
» YouTube video

.. and your not invited to my box opening party!

#4727 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I don't have any money in this but DP is finished. » YouTube video

Thanks man - good to know.

#4728 2 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

It is (among other things): a p3-roc, lcd display, a power controller board, and small form factor computer.
While you could theoretically buy all the parts piecemeal, advocating for the piracy of the software seems like an additional low blow to the guy who coded it: Koen. He put in a ton of work coding that game into reality and now his involvement in DP is unclear at this time.
It also would do nothing to make TBL owners whole or get DP out of this situation.
I find your post to be an uninformed addition of insult to injury. Things are bad enough without this stuff.

So code is code I'm sure someone will dup it somehow especially if it's p-roc based the hardware is available and as far as making things worse I don't think Exxon has enough fuel to throw on this fire sorry buddy lol.

i_am_number_four_title_018 (resized).jpg

#4729 2 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

So code is code I'm sure someone will dup it somehow especially if it's p-roc based the hardware is available and as far as making things worse I don't think Exxon has enough fuel to throw on this fire sorry buddy lol.

"Code is code". Ah, glad it's that simple.

#4730 2 years ago

I've got a deposit on this game with Nitro. I'm not asking for it back and I'm going to see how things play out.

I personally have been through some very difficult times in my business so I sympathize with what Dutch is up against. I'm optimistic and somewhat intrigued to see if the can pull through these very difficult times.

You can do it Barry and Jap!!! I know it probably feels like hell right now but be strong and persevere in light of all the naysayers. Don't give up, fight for this, fight for your passion!!!! You sill have many faithful standing behind you.

QSS

#4731 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

"Code is code". Ah, glad it's that simple.

Everyone makes a big deal out of programming. It's really just taking a little input, manipulating it a little and giving a little output. NBD. It's just that programmers want to look like they are important and doing something hard.

#4732 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Everyone makes a big deal out of programming. It's really just taking a little input, manipulating it a little and giving a little output. NBD. It's just that programmers want to look like they are important and doing something hard.

Yea its the human condition thinking one individual is so superior to the next, if someone did it another one can do it better thats how all great stuff gets done lol

In a few years when your all illegally downloading the BOP 2.0 code to upgrade just remember how great Dutch Pinball was for trying to do something different and how many 2.0 kits would have possibly made it for all the hapless pins out there. Then go to wallymart and buy the latest blu-rays for your collection lol

#4733 2 years ago

Lets all volunteer to fly over there and get a bunch of pinheads to finish building out the machines when ARA is closed for a month in August. We do the labor for free and they get all that space back.

#4734 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Well, thanks for the winky smiley--otherwise I'd demand to know your experience with programming

#4735 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Lets all volunteer to fly over there and get a bunch of pinheads to finish building out the machines when ARA is closed for a month in August. We do the labor for free and they get all that space back.

Pretty inventive solution. Don't forget to run a bake sale each morning too, with proceeds going into a lock-box for repaying ARA for all their materials you use aka playfield, mechs, ramps, electronics, harness etc.

#4736 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Pretty inventive solution. Don't forget to run a bake sale each morning too, with proceeds going into a lock-box for repaying ARA for all their materials you use aka playfield, mechs, ramps, electronics, harness etc.

Lol

#4737 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

No need to make the mood any worse than it already is right now.
Besides, you bought a Batman '66, so your judgment can't be too sound!

sorry my intent wasn't to make the mood worse but to try and save many folks with hard earned money lose less! and BM66 is a fantastic game!

#4738 2 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

.. and your not invited to my box opening party!

lol; dood, i'm sending the cigars, malt whisky and hookers if you get a box to open! i will truly be happy for you

#4739 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

sorry my intent wasn't to make the mood worse but to try and save many folks with hard earned money lose less! and BM66 is a fantastic game!

All good. Just know this thread has been "base camp" for many of us for quite some time. We are certainly frustrated, but still have faith in DP and this game. It's just insulting when folks come in here and throw salt with their ridiculous statements (like suggesting BoP 2.0 "piracy").
We may know good news soon, so don't count DP out yet.

And I was only (slightly) teasing about BM66. You could argue that you have your game and we don't, so thanks for not throwing that back at me.

#4740 2 years ago

I believe some new shit is coming to light soon.
tumb (resized).jpg

#4741 2 years ago

I've heard rumors we've got good news coming...

And...after 3 years of this...if it all works out...I'm selling mine! LOL. #52 if anyone is interested (literally the next machine)...already discussing with one person who is 1st in line if they commit. Best of luck to all, hope this finally works out!

#4742 2 years ago

Here is the latest update:

We received a lot of feedback about our frequent updates. It is great to hear that you appreciate the updates, even if there is no spectacular news, so we will continue to do this.

We talked again with ARA but this time also with Nivoge. As you might know, ARA is part of the Nivoge-group that is led by a board of three people. Two members of this board are now the interim management of ARA. We also hired a business consultant to advise us in this process. He advised us not to share any details of the negotiations.

So right now there’s no good news and no bad news. But things look positive that you will get your Lebowski!

We will send out another update next week.

Kind regards,

Barry & Jaap

dp-logo-mail-new

#4743 2 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Here is the latest update:
We received a lot of feedback about our frequent updates. It is great to hear that you appreciate the updates, even if there is no spectacular news, so we will continue to do this.
We talked again with ARA but this time also with Nivoge. As you might know, ARA is part of the Nivoge-group that is led by a board of three people. Two members of this board are now the interim management of ARA. We also hired a business consultant to advise us in this process. He advised us not to share any details of the negotiations.
So right now there’s no good news and no bad news. But things look positive that you will get your Lebowski!
We will send out another update next week.
Kind regards,
Barry & Jaap
dp-logo-mail-new

Stay tuned!

#4744 2 years ago

"But things look positive that you will get your Lebowski!"

Where's the MUNNY LEBOWSKI?!!! C'mon, bring her home!

#4745 2 years ago

Has anyone checked to see if little Larry has the money?

#4746 2 years ago

Fuck it, I'm sending a toe to Nivoge. Anyone know where to get a toe?

#4747 2 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Anyone know where to get a toe?

Look down....

#4748 2 years ago

That's his gut. JK

#4750 2 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Fuck it, I'm sending a toe to Nivoge. Anyone know where to get a toe?

You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon ... with nail polish.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 21.00
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 35.00
$ 32.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 11156 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 224.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside