(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,280 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Cojua88
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 306.
#4601 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

6 degrees of TBL separation kind of stuff very cool story. I have never flipped a flipper on this game and can't wait till the day it arrives at my front door. I'm not listening to the fuc$ing Eagles at of respect for the dude until it arrives.

There is a band up here in the Northwest actually called The Fuc$ing Eagles and they headlined the Big Lebowskifest here a few years ago.

#4602 6 years ago

I hate The Fuc$ing Eagles.

#4603 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

There is a band up here in the Northwest actually called The Fuc$ing Eagles and they headlined the Big Lebowskifest here a few years ago.

Apparently the Eagles didn't take kindly to that scene. Further evidence that they suck.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/glenn-frey-was-angry-at-the-big-lebowski-mocking-the-eagles/

#4604 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Apparently the Eagles didn't take kindly to that scene. Further evidence that they suck.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/glenn-frey-was-angry-at-the-big-lebowski-mocking-the-eagles/

(sips White Russian...)

Far out, man...

#4605 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Re: code.
They may not have had a machine to test code on.
If the engineering sample they had with them for the party (post factory visit) in November was returned to ARA afterwards, then Koen may not have had access to a machine to test code on for months. Since they were supposedly shut out completely. Pretty sure the rest of the sample / proto games were at ARA when we visited, in a back office. 3 or 4 of them.
That wouldn't necessarily totally stop work, but it would make it very slow.
If this was the case, hopefully access to TBL test machines and the BoP 3.0 proto are now being allowed, at least in the interim.
Anyone know what the situation on this was / is?

S.N.A.F.U

#4606 6 years ago

Situation Normal.......

#4607 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I hated the eagles before... after reading that, I REALLY hate them

#4608 6 years ago
Quoted from Berserk:

I hated the eagles before... after reading that, I REALLY hate them

Yeah, and that quote from Jeff Bridges is fantastic: "but you know, my anus tightened a bit." He truly is the Dude.

#4609 6 years ago

IMG_1931 (resized).PNGIMG_1931 (resized).PNG

#4610 6 years ago

Lebowski Update
STARWARS pin announcement!?

Gonna be ONE HELLA DAY!

#4612 6 years ago

For the first time ever I'm looking forward to May 4th. Usually it's super annoying with SW nerds blowing nerdy loads all over each other.

#4613 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Lebowski Update
Gonna be ONE HELLA DAY!

It's also Alien Day and there's a Pinside thread that's about to go nuclear.

#4614 6 years ago

"That girl sure can roll."

Bought not working. Did connectors. She lives.

I would buy a Big Lebowski machine. It would really tie my collection together.

DSC_0104 (resized).JPGDSC_0104 (resized).JPG
DSC_0105 (resized).JPGDSC_0105 (resized).JPG

#4615 6 years ago
Quoted from Ming:

What knockers!
I play her every now and then at my local barcade.

#4616 6 years ago
Quoted from Ming:

I'd probably try to go for the split on that machine every time

#4617 6 years ago

Let's hope it's all good news next week.
We could use some here.

#4618 6 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

What knockers!
I play her every now and then at my local barcade.

Those SS Bally pins always did have the best knockers

#4619 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Lebowski Update
Gonna be ONE HELLA DAY!

Unfortunately, I think the Star Wars announcement will have far more impact and results.

In Star Wars speak:

"You are unwise to lower your defenses." - Darth Vader
"We seem to be made to suffer." - C-3P0

#4620 6 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Unfortunately, I think the Star Wars announcement will have far more impact and results.
In Star Wars speak:
"You are unwise to lower your defenses." - Darth Vader
"We seem to be made to suffer." - C-3P0

Well May 4th might just be a day for ARA/DP to talk... it probably wouldn't be the day they'd pass along anything to the buyers.

#4621 6 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Let's hope it's all good news next week.
We could use some here.

I really do hope it works out. In reading your story I am reminded of myself.

#4622 6 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Well May 4th might just be a day for ARA/DP to talk... it probably wouldn't be the day they'd pass along anything to the buyers.

This is exactly what I was implying. I'm #146, so who knows when the line will start up again. They'll need to schedule and allocate accordingly, hence my pessimism. It'd be awesome if it happens in the next couple of months, but I'm not banking on it.

I'm just glad they're talking again. Meanwhile, the 40 or so packaged games will need a good Indiana Jones-like dusting prior to shipment.

4YT6nK8 (resized).jpg4YT6nK8 (resized).jpg

#4623 6 years ago

negotiations are better than no news......

#4624 6 years ago

and #146 is better than #147 - #147

#4625 6 years ago

And 147 is better than 148

#4626 6 years ago

Hjbondar
I'm moving to wine country soon, but San Mateo County seems to be a hot spot for TBL. You'll probably get your game before me!

Nilroc
West Coast is the best coast! I can't wait for us to finally play our games. We've been in this for too long.

#4627 6 years ago

Sorry to tell you guys that May 4 will just be another big disappointment. If these guys were serious about negotiation, it would have happened already. Now we're told that the negotiations to have a negotiation has been completed. How long did that take?

#4628 6 years ago

edit double post

#4629 6 years ago

Sorry double down vote post.

#4630 6 years ago

Came across this in the local shitter tonight. Lifted the stink a bit.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4631 6 years ago

Raid the nightstand? Nope, but get your extra rubbers ready boys! This is the quickest fix for that sticky diverter.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4632 6 years ago

A belated thanks to Rarehero for that DP summary, i was busy in Las Vegas avoiding the bats i kept seeing.
Semi Off topic- being #254 really sucks donkey!!

#4633 6 years ago

The.

Suspense

is.....

#4634 6 years ago

Can anyone get up that right ramp on the regular? What's the secret? I can almost get up there off the tip of the left flipper but it usually doesn't quite make it. Maybe need to juice up the flipper power?

#4635 6 years ago
Quoted from deadzebra:

Can anyone get up that right ramp on the regular? What's the secret? I can almost get up there off the tip of the left flipper but it usually doesn't quite make it. Maybe need to juice up the flipper power?

I can let you know when I get my game.

#4636 6 years ago
Quoted from deadzebra:

As long as its a clean shot, I make it no problem. Flipper strength is at factory setting and after I got myself dialed in, it's become one of my favorite and most satisfying shots.

#4637 6 years ago

Meeting mustve happened by now - its after close of business overseas...

#4638 6 years ago

Hoping for just a simple tease like thumbs up.

#4639 6 years ago

I am getting a bad feeling that it did not go the way they expected . I want a good outcome but I would have expected something by now if it was all a go. I hope that I am wrong.

I was hoping for good news on DP and Star Wars and nothing

#4640 6 years ago

I'd be surprised if there was anything absolutely definitive from today, unless it ended up with fisticuffs and the two parties having to be dragged off each other.

In a situation where the MD of a reasonably sized company is summarily fired, over mishandling of not just this case but allegedly rather more, and a caretaker manager (or managers) are brought in from the holding company not just to clear up the mess but establish exactly what has gone on, things are unlikely to happen very quickly.

Who knows what the previous MD did to warrant that kind of dismissal. The DP case could be the most significant or the least significant thing he breached protocol on.

But then again, maybe I'm wrong. Guess we'll see.

#4641 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The DP case could be the most significant or the least significant thing he breached protocol on.

Similar sentiments to mine previously. It's like that scene in Star Trek IV where they find out the aliens were trying to communicate with whales and not the humans--the firing could be a complete misread and wishful thinking. Continue to hope for the best though.

#4642 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'd be surprised if there was anything absolutely definitive from today, unless it ended up with fisticuffs and the two parties having to be dragged off each other.
In a situation where the MD of a reasonably sized company is summarily fired, over mishandling of not just this case but allegedly rather more, and a caretaker manager (or managers) are brought in from the holding company not just to clear up the mess but establish exactly what has gone on, things are unlikely to happen very quickly.
Who knows what the previous MD did to warrant that kind of dismissal. The DP case could be the most significant or the least significant thing he breached protocol on.
But then again, maybe I'm wrong. Guess we'll see.

IMO they've both had ample time to get their houses in order and today should have been the day to finalize plans to move forward. NSN's tend to drop in the middle of the night (PST) - so hoping for info when I wake up tomorrow.

#4643 6 years ago

Come on Dutch!!! Give us something....

#4644 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

IMO they've both had ample time to get their houses in order and today should have been the day to finalize plans to move forward. NSN's tend to drop in the middle of the night (PST) - so hoping for info when I wake up tomorrow.

Depends what went on at ARA. They could have forensic accountants pouring through everything at the moment ... or it was just the DP case, and all their focus is on resolving that. Maybe someone here does know, but I don't and I don't think m/any do.

#4645 6 years ago

I'm out! Getting TWD instead.

#4646 6 years ago

NSN of today:

Yesterday we had a 3 hour meeting with ARA and the good news is: both ARA and Dutch Pinball want to solve the situation and deliver TBLs. The bad news is: this takes time.

We hope you are willing to give ARA and us time to work this out. We expect to give another update next week. We are happy that the meeting had a positive atmosphere and a mutual good intention: producing TBLs.

Kind regards,

Barry & Jaap

#4647 6 years ago

Great to see another update. But, I must say... If this was all ARA's fault and René was the bad guy that got fired.... I would have thought atleast the hostage games would be getting shipped now. Seems there are still more pieces to this puzzle. Man, I hope they get this figured out.

#4648 6 years ago

"No one want this resolved as much as we at ARA, but until you are able to pay the X amount of guilders, we are at an impasse. Care for more coffee?"

#4649 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Great to see another update. But, I must say... If this was all ARA's fault and René was the bad guy that got fired.....

Hopefully we're not reading this wrong and the reason he got fired is because he kept on spending ARA assets/shipping without payment from DP.

#4650 6 years ago

Glad the update is "positive", but in reality there is no reason ARA can't just release the finished games right now if the meeting is truly about "producing TBL's" and being positive. One just requires a "here ya go" for games sitting there, the other is ramping back up the entire production process which is a whole other extreme.

A good faith, positive meeting to me would be releasing the finished games to show things are moving forward.

Anyone else feel this way?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.