(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,282 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by MR-808
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 306.
#4551 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Pretending it's that simple is stupid.
What isn't in question is that ARA were very late starting production (could be partly or wholly DP's fault), and EXTREMELY slow to start ramping up production speed ... the schedule that both they and DP spoke of at the production launch event this time last year was immediately tossed. You would think ARA are primarily or entirely liable for the latter. They will have signed off on a production ready machine. From there, it's their job to hit targets, and they should be held liable if they miss them. ARA haven't claimed so far that they weren't paid initially, or weren't supplied with enough parts quickly enough (indeed evidence points to the opposite on the latter).
If that's the state of affairs, even without the he-said-she-said about rising costs and related demands, then it doesn't seem like money can fix that. Especially if the client, DP, have doubts about the contractor's ability to deliver either at all, or in a timely manner, even if they are paid to the full extent of their demands.

yeah,Im stupid....money never fixes anything.and building machines is probably free

oh yeah and nothing about the history of this game,company would EVER make anyone think there was a financial component to it all.

#4552 7 years ago

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#4553 7 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

yeah,Im stupid....money never fixes anything.and building machines is probably free
oh yeah and nothing about the history of this game,company would EVER make anyone think there was a financial component to it all.

Go back and look what happened since you last posted

#4554 7 years ago

I can't count on DP for my Coen brothers fix, but fortunately FARGO (Season 3) returns in a few days. Best show on TV!

MV5BMTg5NTYxNjkyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzY1Mjg4MTI@._V1_UY1200_CR96,0,630,1200_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BMTg5NTYxNjkyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzY1Mjg4MTI@._V1_UY1200_CR96,0,630,1200_AL_ (resized).jpg

#4555 7 years ago

I've looked but can't find it in this string. Can anyone Direct me to a good summary of what DP announced about TBL at that recent pinball expo? thanks.

#4556 7 years ago
Quoted from Gutterballs:

I've looked but can't find it in this string. Can anyone Direct me to a good summary of what DP announced about TBL at that recent pinball expo? thanks.

It's all in here.

Short version: They announced nothing about TBL, but then tried to sell a new $12,500 BOP.

A week later, the director at ARA was fired & a week or so ago talks resumed between ARA & Dutch. So - right now we're just sitting on our hands waiting for new information based on these new talks. We should have new info this week, and if things go silent again, everyone resumes going "Full Walter"

#4557 7 years ago

Wonder who will be the first to go "Full Walter"?

#4558 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Wonder who will be the first to go "Full Walter"?

Wanna volunteer?

#4559 7 years ago

I went full nihilist on my toe today. Nail polish is the wrong color, too

#4560 7 years ago

I picture rarehero sitting on his hands, scratching his ass.

#4561 7 years ago

I can just see it:
"Let's get this thing moving because I can't!"

#4562 7 years ago

2 days to go .... Anyone getting a bit nervous

#4563 7 years ago

The suspense is killing me.

#4564 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I went full nihilist on my toe today. Nail polish is the wrong color, too

#4565 7 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

2 days to go .... Anyone getting a bit nervous

You may want to grab a Snickers. I hate to say it, but I think we are a long ways from any real activity.

#4566 7 years ago

Meeting expected next week I heard

#4567 7 years ago

Release the hostages!

#4568 7 years ago

Two weeks ago we talked to ARA about restarting the production of TBL. Things look positive but we haven’t found a solution yet.

We have sent a proposal to ARA and are waiting for their response. As soon as we have their reaction we will let you know.

Kind regards,

Barry & Jaap

#4569 7 years ago

I must say at least the communication has improved.

#4570 7 years ago

Though I'm not thrilled it's unresolved, the communication is much appreciated.

#4571 7 years ago

Communication is good - but I'm trying to decide if this is just poor writing - or more vague excuses. Not sure yet.

#4572 7 years ago

Good that DP realizes a flow of info is important. They are awaiting a response from ARA and a turn in strategy from ARA takes time.

Small warning: next week Thursday is a national celebration day in Netherlands (kings birthday). A lot of companies are closed on Friday to. So next week is a short business week I hope there is a meeting next week ofcourse but time is short for this.

#4573 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Communication is good - but I'm trying to decide if this is just poor writing - or more vague excuses. Not sure yet.

It would likely be vague until such time as they did have something specific and substantive to share; presumably either that they'd come to an agreement with ARA, or talks had failed and they were back to square one.

#4574 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

...Small warning: next week Thursday is a national celebration day in Netherlands (kings birthday). A lot of companies are closed on Friday to. So next week is a short business week I hope there is a meeting next week ofcourse but time is short for this.

No worries. In anticipation of such, I took the liberty to send the ARA team a gift on behalf of DP. I wanted to grease the wheels, something that says DP is ready to act in good faith, but won't stand for being pushed around. I signed the gift card ... XOXO the Dutch.

#4575 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It would likely be vague until such time as they did have something specific and substantive to share; presumably either that they'd come to an agreement with ARA, or talks had failed and they were back to square one.

Eternal optimist or complete sucker!!??!!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4576 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Go back and look what happened since you last posted

UMMM.....NOTHING!!!??? IM SOOOOO STUPID!!!

#4577 7 years ago

What's this day of rest shit, what's this bullshit, I don't fucking care, it don't matter to Jesus

#4578 7 years ago

What a goat Fu@#

#4579 7 years ago

Hey DP, build my TBL and when it's delivered I will give you a deposit for BOP,

This entire thread is like pond water or watching paint dry !
LETS GO. WTF

#4580 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

..Small warning: next week Thursday is a national celebration day in Netherlands (kings birthday). A lot of companies are closed on Friday to. So next week is a short business week I hope there is a meeting next week ofcourse but time is short for this.

Yes. When we are property of the Crown it is important to sacrifice .5% of our productivity once a year for the vanity of the progeny of murderous hereditary dictators that bullied their way into a palace while the people starved.

Worship your master, slaves! I detest royalty and everything related to it. It is abhorrent to all who know freedom.

BTW, if you follow British royalty, you should recognize the fact that Wills goes to lots weddings without his family. The purpose of that attendance is to bang the bride right before the wedding. Between that behavior and their stool groomers, I detest all bullies who dare to don a crown.

#4581 7 years ago

Hopefully the proposal this time was directly about TBL.. mixing the bop3.0 stuff in like the last failed attempt was not putting enough priority on the customers that already paid them IMHO.

#4582 7 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Yes. When we are property of the Crown it is important to sacrifice .5% of our productivity once a year for the vanity of the progeny of murderous hereditary dictators that bullied their way into a palace while the people starved.
Worship your master, slaves! I detest royalty and everything related to it. It is abhorrent to all who know freedom.
BTW, if you follow British royalty, you should recognize the fact that Wills goes to lots weddings without his family. The purpose of that attendance is to bang the bride right before the wedding. Between that behavior and their stool groomers, I detest all bullies who dare to don a crown.

Have seen a lot of off-topic talk but this post makes you the KING of off-topic talk

#4583 7 years ago

Drinking Caucasians and putting only good vibes into the universe for production to start up again.

#4584 7 years ago

While awaiting the outcome how about a TBL related Anekdote.

Went with a good friend earlier this year to see a motorbike he wanted to purchase. While he is testdriving i talk hobbies with the seller and I mention playing pinball. He looks at me and asks if I know DP? I say, duh, never heard of them

Than it turns out he made the very first Proto translite for TBL which Universal rejected unfortunately. How small is this world !!

Enclosed a picture I made of his PC screen how this would have looked. Isn't it awesome? Hand drawn art is so beautiful

Something to share among my fellow dudes

IMG_0475 (resized).JPGIMG_0475 (resized).JPG

#4585 7 years ago

6 degrees of TBL separation kind of stuff very cool story. I have never flipped a flipper on this game and can't wait till the day it arrives at my front door. I'm not listening to the fuc$ing Eagles at of respect for the dude until it arrives.

#4586 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

While awaiting the outcome how about a TBL related Anekdote.
Went with a good friend earlier this year to see a motorbike he wanted to purchase. While he is testdriving i talk hobbies with the seller and I mention playing pinball. He looks at me and asks if I know DP? I say, duh, never heard of them
Than it turns out he made the very first Proto translite for TBL which Universal rejected unfortunately. How small is this world !!
Enclosed a picture I made of his PC screen how this would have looked. Isn't it awesome? Hand drawn art is so beautiful
Something to share among my fellow dudes

Perhaps he should make a few ... just for hobbyists, you know ... not a commercial run

Shame they didn't approve it.

#4587 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Perhaps he should make a few ... just for hobbyists, you know ... not a commercial run
Shame they didn't approve it.

Bgresto.com

#4588 7 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Having said that twice now, are you just here to jack off in front of everyone? Is that a dutch thing or something?

Yes and no, jerking off in public is not something I do. I only do this in front of my
tbl when at least the lights get on.

So in case you all envy me, my TBL, is for sale. Ask me for the price. Working on it so it get more expensive day by day.

#4589 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Yes and no, jerking off in public is not something I do. I only do this in front of my tbl when at least the lights get on.
So in case you all envy me, my TBL, is for sale. Ask me for the price.

You may want to clean and wipe down your machine before you sell it.

#4590 7 years ago

That dude needs to backup his computer!!

#4591 7 years ago

I have to say with all the time that has passed waiting for this debacle to be rectified the DP team could have released a new update of the code for TBL.
It's not like they haven't had the time to work on that part of TBL.

#4592 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

I have to say with all the time that has passed waiting for this debacle to be rectified the DP team could have released a new update of the code for TBL.

Funny how that works.....

#4593 7 years ago

Watched TBL again today for 20+ time.... and you know, Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women. Arrrh, TBL pinball so close and yet so far.

#4594 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Well man, like... Bride of Pinbot isn't going to make itself. Although if it could, that would be far out... it would really tie our pre-orders together

#4595 7 years ago

My best game ever tonight. Loving the game and can't wait until everyone gets theirs.

IMG_5782 (resized).JPGIMG_5782 (resized).JPG

#4596 7 years ago

No update? Shocking.

#4597 7 years ago

New podcast with Roger Sharpe was posted by you know who. In it, Mr. Sharpe discusses how he got DP an extension on the TBL license because of the ARA snafu. "Wasn't a problem" "Simple process".

The entire interview is good but if you want, you can skip to about the 55:25 mark.

Quoted from iceman44:

No update? Shocking.

Hows your Alien LE coming along?

#4598 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Mr. Sharpe discusses how he got DP an extension on the TBL license because of the ARA snafu. "Wasn't a problem" "Simple process".

Well, that sounds like actual news. Well done on that one.

#4599 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

You cash flow to pay the programmer. Well, actually JPOP didn't pay the programmer, so maybe not.

#4600 7 years ago

Re: code.

They may not have had a machine to test code on.

If the engineering sample they had with them for the party (post factory visit) in November was returned to ARA afterwards, then Koen may not have had access to a machine to test code on for months. Since they were supposedly shut out completely. Pretty sure the rest of the sample / proto games were at ARA when we visited, in a back office. 3 or 4 of them.

That wouldn't necessarily totally stop work, but it would make it very slow.

If this was the case, hopefully access to TBL test machines and the BoP 3.0 proto are now being allowed, at least in the interim.

Anyone know what the situation on this was / is?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 22.50
$ 210.00
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.