(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,080 posts
  • 611 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by dts
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 936 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Cash Machine (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
248E6180-C5FC-42E0-BFDD-3AF29E6979FF (resized).jpeg
6868685D-D473-48C3-A316-0C505EAE7797 (resized).jpeg
27DE3EF0-6251-4D0A-A589-75AEE0E66D81 (resized).jpeg
869AF936-E13C-4A94-BB35-774886977DCF (resized).jpeg
630402B2-B1CB-4066-AEE0-236A564FB65A (resized).jpeg
E4DFF554-5673-4DDA-B93E-88AC92ADF543 (resized).jpeg
1C08CB09-1027-48C0-86AE-5A3093262C3F (resized).jpeg
EA6D8509-4CEA-4D91-AC18-E7244C457EC4 (resized).jpeg
F6DD9947-56E6-41B7-A6F6-AB8DC98D5D95 (resized).jpeg
5DA182BF-9053-4FAF-B3D9-6D112C43844E (resized).jpeg
laugh_o_meter (resized).jpg
themoreuknow.gif
9e8da9619349be7d54dade0f048bd57b (resized).jpg
C03387C7-5AE2-4853-8F6A-7331DE066FEC (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 11080 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 222.
#4501 2 years ago

IMG_0933 (resized).PNG

#4502 2 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Maybe dannylite can shed some light.. as #32 is in-between two numbers he claimed?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-urban-achievers-list

Just my luck. I got #31 and #33.
I wish I had gotten #32 that one is worth 50k.

#4503 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It isn't fake news but alternative news
I know somebody who is supposed to pick up his Alien at the factory this Friday. I will ask him afterwards his experience. Really very curious to see the Alien. Alien is a killer theme for me. Bought a TBL because it was Dutch pinball, not because of theme allthough I knew the movie. With Alien however ..... . Problem is space, can only have 3 pins. Have now MET and AC/DC which ain't going anywhere and NF which will be replaced with TBL. No space for an Alien

I am offering to keep it for you in my living room - for free!

#4504 2 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

I am offering to keep it for you in my living room - for free!

In times of need you really see who your true friends are. You just shown you are one !

#4505 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

"I had a former executive from the company, who I believed had taken off with the money, bizarrely invite me to come eat ice cream with him at his apartment somewhere in Europe as his response to my demands for a refund when things looked the bleakest..."
Very Wes Anderson-ish. I can't help but feel slighted that I wasn't invited for ice cream.

The ice cream bit is surely a JPop meme .... after his infamous "went to get ice cream with my dog" blog post in response to people's concerns.

#4506 2 years ago

Shouldn't new shit have come to light by now?

#4508 2 years ago

Let's hear some GOOD news please! #52 OPTIMISTIC!

#4509 2 years ago

Blah

IMG_2262 (resized).JPG

#4510 2 years ago

As you might know, today we visited ARA, the contract manufacturer of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball, to see if we can work things out. Last week the managing director of ARA left the company and, since he was responsible for the project, we had an opening to talk again.

After two hours of talking, both ARA and DP concluded that it was a useful meeting and that things look positive. In the next two weeks, we will review and work on a new plan, contract and terms. We are very positive about this new situation and will send you more updates when there is news.

Kind regards,

Barry & Jaap

#4511 2 years ago

I see this as momentum in a positive direction. Lets keep our fingers crossed it continues in that direction. I see this as a little victory in the battle, even though the war isn't over yet.

#4512 2 years ago

What's important here is that today's news is both parties trying to work it out. I like this, better off this direction IMO, especially since my machine is sitting in a friggin crate @ ARA! Good luck Barry & Jaap, I'm sending you good vibes and still have faith!

#4513 2 years ago

Vague, but to be expected. I didn't think everything would be solved today. Hopefully things will continue to go well and they can both agree to terms that make all parties happy.

Quoted from JimB:

In the next two weeks, we will review and work on a new plan, contract and terms.

2weeks (resized).jpg

#4514 2 years ago

yep...they stole a play right out of the Andrew Heighway play book, must be a European thing...haha

#4515 2 years ago

Yeah, ofcourse we all wanted to hear shipping tomorrow but that isn't realistic allthough it doesn't hurt to dream

Also I expect DP wants to make very sure that this restart really goes well, no more delays and no more price increases. Crank these babies out in a good pace.

They are talking again and after several months this is a good step in the right direction. Now patience is needed.

#4516 2 years ago

As an observer, the most encouraging thing about the latest news is the prompt communication from DP. I hope that continues for the sake of all involved.

#4517 2 years ago

That $50k TBL on ebay might be $10k by Christmas '17 yet, if all goes well. Barry or Jaap any update on software progress in near term and moving forward?

Quoted from JimB:

As you might know, today we visited ARA, the contract manufacturer of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball, to see if we can work things out. Last week the managing director of ARA left the company and, since he was responsible for the project, we had an opening to talk again.
After two hours of talking, both ARA and DP concluded that it was a useful meeting and that things look positive. In the next two weeks, we will review and work on a new plan, contract and terms. We are very positive about this new situation and will send you more updates when there is news.
Kind regards,
Barry & Jaap

#4518 2 years ago

I dunno, personally I would like to see confirmation from ARA about this productive meeting, given DP's proclivity to bend the truth to suit their needs.

Once bitten, twice shy.

#4519 2 years ago

Great news! Better than what we had. Hopefully we can all move forward (JP and those that have money with them). Maybe I will end up with my TBL after all!

Even with all that's happened, I still want DP to succeed past this and continue producing pinball past TBL and BOP.

#4520 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I dunno, personally I would like to see confirmation from ARA about this productive meeting, given DP's proclivity to bend the truth to suit their needs.
Once bitten, twice shy.

Ridiculous. What have you been bitten on? You haven't lost any money yet.

#4521 2 years ago

It will never happen, but viewing the new contract would probably explain a lot of the recent events and statements, and might even put some of the rumor and suspicion to rest.

#4522 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Once bitten, twice shy.

Unless DP ask them to, they're quite unlikely to say anything ... unless there is another deterioration in relations, and like the now fired MD, they take matters into their own hands in talking directly to their client's customers.

#4523 2 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Ridiculous. What have you been bitten on? You haven't lost any money yet.

No, but Jaap has lied over and over. But this time he's totally telling the truth!

lucy-football (resized).jpg

#4524 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

No, but Jaap has lied over and over. But this time he's totally telling the truth!

True.

#4525 2 years ago

Wow, not sure this thread has ever gone five days without a post!

#4526 2 years ago

People are holding their breath?

#4527 2 years ago

I think it's refreshing that everyone is taking a step back for a moment to let things play out. Kudos to all

#4528 2 years ago

On a positive note, I played a friend's Big Lebowski last night and am happy to report FWIW that his game has been pretty much trouble free, it played well, and was a lot of fun (including the latest code with the car modes)!

A little bittersweet for me as I thought of mine sitting in Holland for months now, but a good time nonetheless!

#4529 2 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

I think it's refreshing that everyone is taking a step back for a moment to let things play out. Kudos to all

Let's be honest, we all really kept coming back to see rarehero's rants.

#4530 2 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Give me to the end of next week....

#4531 2 years ago

Which game? He got a couple going lol.

#4532 2 years ago

I'm gonna go ahead and start the "Rarehero rant against Houdini" thread.

#4533 2 years ago

Its been 1 Week .... Half way there ...

#4534 2 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm gonna go ahead and start the "Rarehero rant against Houdini" thread.

Nah, zero interest.

#4535 2 years ago

Triggering Rarehero...

experts of disaster2 (resized).jpg

experts of disaster (resized).jpg

#4536 2 years ago

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-xtSOM3F0eCcEdodXhVOGlkd1k

This doesn't stand a chance to upload even though I'm not uploading anything but if it does work and you can see this then well... Crack a Sarsaparilla! Here's to all my EA dudes and ladyfolks as well. Keep The Faith Brothers!

Ps I'll get a better video rig soon and we'll go bowling on shabbos.

#4537 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Triggering Rarehero...

Is that one of those things you squint at and eventually see a sailboat?

#4538 2 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-xtSOM3F0eCcEdodXhVOGlkd1k
This doesn't stand a chance to upload even though I'm not uploading anything but if it does work and you can see this then well... Crack a Sarsaparilla! Here's to all my EA dudes and ladyfolks as well. Keep The Faith Brothers!
Ps I'll get a better video rig soon and we'll go bowling on shabbos.

Wasn't to bad allthough I feel a little seasick now

Nobody of the TBL users exchanged the music I think ? People seem to like the covers better after all.

#4539 2 years ago

I need to make a backup of the drive and then I was debating messing around.. there's just folders of song names with the music and speech files (forgot what format it is exactly but its not encrypted or anything.. double clicking on it plays the file in Ubuntu so not rocket science).

But I'm pretty happy with the instrumentals.

#4540 2 years ago

While waiting playing 58 at friends place

Salute to my fellow dudes. Hopefully soon for us all

IMG_1885 (resized).JPG

IMG_1886 (resized).JPG

#4541 2 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

But I'm pretty happy with the instrumentals.

Top notch music in my opinion and sound quality. No need to change the music files for me.

IPDB added a TBL category and put my photos up. If I missed anything or if anybody wants additional pictures let me know.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=the+big+lebowski+&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

#4542 2 years ago

It would be great if ARA and DP smooth things over in the next couple of weeks and maybe announce a code update.

#4543 2 years ago

From what little I have heard, the instrumentals do a good job. I only wish there were more of them.

#4544 2 years ago

Stay out of this thread with your Lebowski you bum. Just joking man I can't wait.

#4545 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is that one of those things you squint at and eventually see a sailboat?

Why did you have to ruin it for the rest of us? I've been staring at it for hours and I can't see anything

#4546 2 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Stay out of this thread with your Lebowski you bum. Just joking man I can't wait.

No worries. The bums always lose

#4547 2 years ago

I suggest you do what your parents did. Man I wish I had my game. Really hoping this works out.

#4548 2 years ago

It will work out ,Im staying positive !

#4549 2 years ago

Staying positive myself. This has to work out or both parties will lose big time. Stated this in the beginning and I still believe this. Hated all the negative stuff so haven't checked in lately. Nice to get back to some quotes from the best movie ever and joke around. It's easy for me I don't have as much money tied up and can relax and day dream about playing this bad boy. I still have not gotten to play a single game yet unfortunately.

#4550 2 years ago

I decided to jump back in with a deposit at Nitro Amusements. They may still have spots if anyone else is interested. There really isn't a risk this way so I'm not saying there is a comparison with you EAs; it's just somebody else holding onto my $1000. I'm really hoping to see this happen as I'd love to own this game. Thank you so much to everyone that has made phone calls, sent emails and attending Jaap's talk at TPF to keep us all informed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 3.70
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 149.00
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 11080 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 222.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside