(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,078 posts
  • 611 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by adamross
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 936 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Cash Machine (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
248E6180-C5FC-42E0-BFDD-3AF29E6979FF (resized).jpeg
6868685D-D473-48C3-A316-0C505EAE7797 (resized).jpeg
27DE3EF0-6251-4D0A-A589-75AEE0E66D81 (resized).jpeg
869AF936-E13C-4A94-BB35-774886977DCF (resized).jpeg
630402B2-B1CB-4066-AEE0-236A564FB65A (resized).jpeg
E4DFF554-5673-4DDA-B93E-88AC92ADF543 (resized).jpeg
1C08CB09-1027-48C0-86AE-5A3093262C3F (resized).jpeg
EA6D8509-4CEA-4D91-AC18-E7244C457EC4 (resized).jpeg
F6DD9947-56E6-41B7-A6F6-AB8DC98D5D95 (resized).jpeg
5DA182BF-9053-4FAF-B3D9-6D112C43844E (resized).jpeg
laugh_o_meter (resized).jpg
themoreuknow.gif
9e8da9619349be7d54dade0f048bd57b (resized).jpg
C03387C7-5AE2-4853-8F6A-7331DE066FEC (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 11078 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 222.
#4451 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

ZERO. No chance, not gonna happen. Roll your money up and smoke it instead. That or giving a deposit to DP have equal chances of getting you a game. Or send me your money and I too will delivery an empty promise but no game.

There you have it friends. Confident, bold, negative speculation and shaming of others by association.

#4453 2 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

What are my chances of getting a game after I have given a deposit?

I would contact melissa at cointaker. Money is safe with CT and you can fill a spot if someone dropped out. No risk in loosing your money, they hold the cash.

#4454 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Wow. A little good news and all of the opinion experts with no skin in the game suddenly go quiet. Go figure.

First off, I don't know what you expect from an open forum. People are going to comment, and if the requirement for each thread were actually having "skin in the game", then this would be an awfully empty place. I am sure you have commented on a thread you had no physical connection to somewhere along the line.

Other than a couple of folks being stupid, I don't think there was a lot of shaming going on. Some were offering valid suggestions. I think the lack of posts are people waiting to see what happens. This is a bad situation for everyone involved, and also for the industry as a whole. I can't think of anyone that does not want to see you all get your completed pins, and the latest bit of news is a good sign that maybe something will move off of center in the coming days. As I said, there are always going to be people with stupid and insensitive comments, but those were far into the minority of what was posted. I have no way to quantify this, but consider that maybe, just maybe, all of the posts and industry support contributed to the changes that took place. A few disgruntled customers discussing something are nowhere near as powerful as a large chunk of the industry voicing their opinion. And if you think DP and ARA don't pay attention to the forums, I would bet you are wrong.

I am sure I will get blasted for this because I have no TBL on order....but my interest is seeing you all get what you paid for, and another company making it in this industry. We need the variety and competition.

#4455 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Wow. A little good news and all of the opinion experts with no skin in the game suddenly go quiet. Go figure.

Enough people have responded to this comment to make me realize it was poorly written and so vague its been misinterpreted. I value everyone's feedback and will try to learn from this. - Apologies.

#4456 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

There you have it friends. Confident, bold, negative speculation and shaming of others by association.

No shaming at all. Could anyone at this juncture in good faith recommend to a friend or fellow pinhead to spend money with DP? Heighway got my money!

#4457 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

heighway got my money!

Call the cops!

#4458 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Could anyone at this juncture in good faith recommend to a friend or fellow pinhead to spend money with DP?

At this juncture, why not? With CT holding the cash....pick your poison, TBL, BOP 3.0, or 2.0 kit. minimal refundable deposit and if there is an issue CT will send you a refund, no additional cash needed until the game ships, I really don't see a problem.

#4459 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Enough people have responded to this comment to make me realize it was poorly written and so vague its been misinterpreted. I value everyone's feedback and will try to learn from this. - Apologies.

FWIW - I think your comment was fine Kim and no apology is needed. It's no secret that when various Pinside threads heat up due to controversy such as the recent DP/TBL news and subsequent TPF announcement last weekend, they attract certain posters that add nothing productive and seem to only wish to increase the overall level of toxicity. Often at the expense of others who have a vested interest in the outcome being discussed. And once things cool down a bit, as the TBL threads have for the time being at least due to the ARA firing news, those posters lose interest and move on to other threads.

Not a big deal in the long run, but a less desirable aspect of an open forum nonetheless.

#4460 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Heighway got my money!

...and we'll have your back when another year or so goes by and you don't have your Alien.

#4461 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...and we'll have your back when another year or so goes by and you don't have your Alien.

Care to wager?

#4462 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

FWIW - I think your comment was fine Kim and no apology is needed. It's no secret that when various Pinside threads heat up due to controversy such as the recent DP/TBL news and subsequent TPF announcement last weekend, they attract certain posters that add nothing productive and seem to only wish to increase the overall level of toxicity. Often at the expense of others who have a vested interest in the outcome being discussed. And once things cool down a bit, as the TBL threads have for the time being at least due to the ARA firing news, those posters lose interest and move on to other threads.
Not a big deal in the long run, but a less desirable aspect of an open forum nonetheless.

I really don't think it's all "haters". I think a lot of people are just trying to say "Stop pre-ordering from unproven companies". We've seen things go south way too often and a lot of people have lost a lot of money. Yet people jump into the hobby and see something shiny and throw their money at it. I know, I know....it's their money and a fool and their money.....yadda, yadda. But I see a lot of it as a warning to others. Although I will admit that if you have "skin in the game" (god I'm really starting to hate that term) that it does come across as rubbing salt in a wound.

And I'm not saying TBL's won't ever ship.....not at all. I hope they do.

#4463 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I really don't think it's all "haters". I think a lot of people are just trying to say "Stop pre-ordering from unproven companies". We've seen things go south way too often and a lot of people have lost a lot of money. Yet people jump into the hobby and see something shiny and throw their money at it. I know, I know....it's their money and a fool and their money.....yadda, yadda. But I see a lot of it as a warning to others. Although I will admit that it you have "skin in the game" (god I'm really starting to hate that term) that it does come across as rubbing salt in a wound.
And I'm not saying TBL's won't ever ship.....not at all. I hope they do.

There are people in the thread who love to take the "I told you so" position--especially those without a TBL on order, which is fantastic given that hindsight is 20/20. It's irritating to see that even as someone with no TBL order. Fact is, I would have had an order in with Cointaker but the week I had planned to put money down they removed the TBL order form from their site. They had a graphic you'd click on to get an order in, and when I went to order it was gone. Someone had also said they'd sold out. At that point I wasn't interested in being put on a waiting list, because with my luck I know how that goes--I never get called in those situations.

But with all that said, I don't really see a large group of hindsight geniuses here. A few, maybe... but most non-owners want to see everyone get their machines. With a little more confidence I may put some money down or take another's spot if they want out... but let's see how things go. It still doesn't feel real right now.

#4464 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

First off, I don't know what you expect from an open forum. People are going to comment, and if the requirement for each thread were actually having "skin in the game", then this would be an awfully empty place.

The easiest way for pinside to resolve all this would be to not allow any vendor to use this site as a market place for items that are not ready to deliver. And on the same note not allow members to discuss said items here.

#4465 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And on the same note not allow members to discuss said items here.

Well that part is NEVER going to happen.

Hell 50% of what everyone talks about here is speculation on upcoming titles!

#4466 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well that part is NEVER going to happen.
Hell 50% of what everyone talks about here is speculation on upcoming titles!

I mean discussing items that people paid for that don't exist yet not speculation of upcoming titles. as another person mentioned this is an open forum where not only the screwed are allowed to comment.

I have no skin in this game, but these threads about people getting burned are rampant now and never ending.

Pinside wants this to be a nice place, but that can never happen as long as it continues.

#4467 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Care to wager?

No, but to drop Heighway's name in this thread as some sort of good purchase alternative in 2017 is silly. The game was supposed to be out April 2015. Heighway's original business plan was 4 games a year. A few Alien "sample" games have trickled out, but there's no evidence of mass production. Buying a Heighway game right now is as much of a leap of faith risk as anything.

#4468 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, but to drop Heighway's name in this thread as some sort of good purchase alternative in 2017 is silly. The game was supposed to be out April 2015. Heighway's original business plan was 4 games a year. A few Alien "sample" games have trickled out, but there's no evidence of mass production. Buying a Heighway game right now is as much of a leap of faith risk as anything.

Disagree

highway CzG4T9LWgAA9G6d (resized).jpg
heighway-pinball-factory-tour (resized).jpg
highway alienpinproduction (resized).jpg
highway C6vEekqWgAAJcOC (resized).jpg

Although I will grant you it has been sloooooow. Highway has proven they can ship a game (FT) and has not ripped anyone off yet (that I'm aware of). Aliens are trickling out but everything points to production ramping up. They won't be up to JJP numbers anytime soon but I do think they'll get there.

#4469 2 years ago

Remember the JJP pic on the website in late 2011 or early 2012 with the signage stating "Production has begun"?

#4470 2 years ago

is that a fat Kevin Kulek?

fkk (resized).jpg

#4471 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

is that a fat Kevin Kulek?

Well its not a skinny one. Yep, same guy I pointed out a while back.

He's beefed up since he left the USA.

Must be eating a lot of weinerschnitzel.

#4472 2 years ago

Honey, how we doing on salt??
Good, OK just checking.
Oh, not road salt. I don't think??
Table salt.
Check the table salt. Oh, iodized?? Not sure?? Kosher or sea??? Not sure either?
I am sure it doesn't need one of those grinder tops.
Nevermind I'll ask **d he knows everything.

Really I just use comic relief usually to easily find where I leave off.

So how many games are actually out as of now?? Anyone know for sure? I can bet those folks with one have one hand behind back fingers crossed that no more ever get made.

#4473 2 years ago

We need them to get made to keep and code coming and preferably at ARA to ensure the boards are compatible. Ship them out DP you can do it!

#4474 2 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

can bet those folks with one have one hand behind back fingers crossed that no more ever get made.

Not true. I sincerely hope all 300 get made. When we bought this game originally it was an unlimited run gsme, the idea these were going to be rare (the limit of 300 was only really discovered in last year or so) was never a factor. I have have been avoiding my game during the drama of the last couple weeks cause i feel too guilty about it. If I had called a few hours later to make my order I'd be in same boat.

And then there is also the selfish reasons like spare parts and all that as well.

#4475 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The easiest way for pinside to resolve all this would be to not allow any vendor to use this site as a market place for items that are not ready to deliver. And on the same note not allow members to discuss said items here.

Are you saying Pinside should protect us from ourselves? No thanks.

#4476 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

"All clubs (...members only!) » “The Big Lebowski Preorder Club”"

#4477 2 years ago

Done.
Thanks for the suggestion.

#4478 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

So I asked you to point out one thing in my post you quoted where I, "completely made up or inferred as fact" something and you didn't/couldn't do it. Just as I suspected. Instead you speak in hyperbole and change the argument. Riled up? Hardly. People who make poorly framed straw man arguments aren't worthy of eliciting such a response. You pointed to a post where I said contracts are black and white. I stand by that statement. How a contract is interpreted can be misconstrued and thus gray area. That is the failings of the parties involved but the framework of the contract is what it is.

I did exactly that, and you're still claiming a ludicrous opinion as fact. I didn't change the argument at all.

Hadn't bothered to check the thread for a few days, but what a massive (non)surprise that things are nowhere near as black and white as either you or many others seem to think, either with regard to the below or anything else.

My post specifically related to why, if individuals at ARA had fucked up, they would circle the wagons and act in an aggressive manner towards DP, to try to save their own skins.

It now appears that this may be exactly what happened.

To those jumping the gun re: the firing of the MD at ARA, I'm told that the DP situation played a large part or was instrumental in his dismissal ..... but even if that's entirely true, the whole situation still resides in a hole - how quickly or even if the two parties can mutually dig themselves out and move forwards together still remains to be seen.

If talks are constructive and there's a rapprochement with ARA, I guess we'll hear from DP sooner rather than later.

#4479 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I disagree as well. Is there risk? Yes, but they have shipped FT and that game for Bacardi, have their own production facility, and games have been getting out.

You are right about a lack of mass production. I don't think any new company has come close to hitting any kind of schedule...except for Spooky. Chicago Gaming/PPS/Stern was super late with MMR, JJP was late with WOZ and TH, Dutch and TBL of course, etc... Stern is about a year behind on orders.

#4480 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I did exactly that, and you're still claiming a ludicrous opinion as fact. I didn't change the argument at all.
Hadn't bothered to check the thread for a few days, but what a massive (non)surprise that things are nowhere near as black and white as either you or many others seem to think, either with regard to the below or anything else.
My post specifically related to why, if individuals at ARA had fucked up, they would circle the wagons and act in an aggressive manner towards DP, to try to save their own skins.
It now appears that this may be exactly what happened.
To those jumping the gun re: the firing of the MD at ARA, I'm told that the DP situation played a large part or was instrumental in his dismissal ..... but even if that's entirely true, the whole situation still resides in a hole - how quickly or even if the two parties can mutually dig themselves out and move forwards together still remains to be seen.
If talks are constructive and there's a rapprochement with ARA, I guess we'll hear from DP sooner rather than later.

I have to imagine responding to random people over the internet about customer financials in a way that could even been seen as defamatory... probably was a big flag for someone never mind the whole saga that has probably cost ara big money with little payout so far. No one wants to see a setup expense.... but no actual production volume to recover that investment.

#4481 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I'd say 80% chance all 300 get delivered. Dutch Pinball has made other pinball products and has plans for more. I wouldn't bet my rent money but it's likely people will get these games eventually.

I'd say 80 percent chance that we all get struck by lightning before 300 games get delivered.

#4482 2 years ago

Only problem with that photo - where are the parts they're supposedly installing? All I see is a bunch of guys standing around pretending to screw stuff in. No parts bins.

#4483 2 years ago

Hmmm, good observation...

#4484 2 years ago

I had a pithy response. Decided it wasn't worth it.

#4485 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Only problem with that photo - where are the parts they're supposedly installing? All I see is a bunch of guys standing around pretending to screw stuff in. No parts bins.

It really does appear to be a "set up" photo ->>> Fake News Alert!

#4486 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I had a pithy response. Decided it wasn't worth it.

Spill the beans, let's hear it!

#4487 2 years ago
Quoted from T7:

It really does appear to be a "set up" photo ->>> Fake News Alert!

The fat guy has a pedo tattoo on his hand. I remember it from the last #fakenews.

#4488 2 years ago

It isn't fake news but alternative news

I know somebody who is supposed to pick up his Alien at the factory this Friday. I will ask him afterwards his experience. Really very curious to see the Alien. Alien is a killer theme for me. Bought a TBL because it was Dutch pinball, not because of theme allthough I knew the movie. With Alien however ..... . Problem is space, can only have 3 pins. Have now MET and AC/DC which ain't going anywhere and NF which will be replaced with TBL. No space for an Alien

#4489 2 years ago

Can further confirm that the meeting ARA-DP is scheduled for this week.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for good news to start off the weekend with a few White Russians. Allthough I can imagine that ironing all things out take more time as just 1 meeting

So stay calm and realistic fellow dudes

#4490 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for good news to start off the weekend with a few White Russians.

I'll have one for you too! (hopefully)

#4491 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Can further confirm that the meeting ARA-DP is scheduled for this week

Good news!

Thanks for the update

#4492 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Can further confirm that the meeting ARA-DP is scheduled for this week.
Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for good news to start off the weekend with a few White Russians. Allthough I can imagine that ironing all things out take more time as just 1 meeting
So stay calm and realistic fellow dudes

Thanks for updating us and like you can confirm the meeting as well as I've spoken with Barry in the last few hours. I'm optimistic and look forward to productive discussion they will hopefully have.

#4493 2 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

I've spoken with Barry in the last few hours. I'm optimistic and look forward to productive discussion they will hopefully have.

How did the conversation with Barry go? I ask because it looked like you were dropping out. Either way, I'm glad to hear you're more optimistic after the discussion.

#4494 2 years ago

ebay.com link » The Big Lebowski Pinball Machine New 32 Impossibly Rare

IMG_2395 (resized).PNG

#4495 2 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

100x more playable than a Magic Girl.

#4496 2 years ago

Maybe dannylite can shed some light.. as #32 is in-between two numbers he claimed?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-urban-achievers-list

#4497 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

How did the conversation with Barry go? I ask because it looked like you were dropping out. Either way, I'm glad to hear you're more optimistic after the discussion.

Actually, my game was up for sale before the shit show popped up in the last several weeks. It was kinda sold the day the news released, so I let the buyer back out. My reason for selling was only cause I'm changing careers and have some house projects I'd like to get completed, never had anything to do with what we all know today.
Conversation was simple and I'm remaining optimistic that this situation will be remedied in time is my feeling. But we will see how this weeks meeting goes soon enough.

#4498 2 years ago

The eBay link shows it is located in Royal Oak Michigan, Dannylite is in Baltimore.

#4499 2 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

$100k by Christmas!

#4500 2 years ago

"I had a former executive from the company, who I believed had taken off with the money, bizarrely invite me to come eat ice cream with him at his apartment somewhere in Europe as his response to my demands for a refund when things looked the bleakest..."

Very Wes Anderson-ish. I can't help but feel slighted that I wasn't invited for ice cream.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
€ 3.70
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.95
Apparel - Women
Pinball Wheezer
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
BK Pinball
$ 209.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
There are 11078 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 222.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside