(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,282 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by MR-808
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 306.
#4401 7 years ago

The firing of the DM at ARA is potentially a good development, it does not signal victory quite yet. There is still the question of whether DP has the funds to pay for the shipped games plus those being ransomed. For that we are at the mercy of DP to show us the money. Anything short of that will be listened to with huge grain of skepticism. So if DP is lurking, is this your bank statement, man?

LS1 (resized).jpgLS1 (resized).jpg

#4402 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Firing on the spot is very unusual in NL and only done in cases like theft, sexual misabuse or gross mismanagement.

So what you're saying is that anyone who gets a TBL should check it carefully with a black light?

blacklight (resized).pngblacklight (resized).png

#4403 7 years ago

I agree, we are not there yet but it's a big step in the right direction on a road which will have for sure some bumps in it.

However, if the new person in charge and DP are on speaking terms and both are willing to work it out (Can confirm DP is) there is a good chance it can succeed.

If the in the newsletter mentioned 50 Bops are really required to make it work I think it's a lot easier to sell 50 extra TBL as 50 Bop3's (sorry Barry, I know you made the artwork on Bop3 )

#4404 7 years ago

Scrap the Bops and add the number of Labowskis that it takes to get enough margin to roll the line again. Also if anyone interested, now that there's hope, my spot is available.

#4405 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Scrap the Bops and add the number of Labowskis that it takes to get enough margin to roll the line again. Also if anyone interested, now that there's hope, my spot is available.

Call Kaneda

#4406 7 years ago

GASP!!!

(you said "Kaneda")

#4408 7 years ago

The plane has still hit the side of the damn mountain, however, there may be survivors.....

#4409 7 years ago

I just had a nice chat with Barry....and as bonkers as I've been lately, I have to say - I'm feeling pretty positive. With the firing of Rene from ARA...it truly seems like things have the possibility of moving forward. I've heard about Rene from a few different people - and none of it was positive. So, I'm starting to now believe the Dutch extortion story and that Rene was the villain...after all, Rene was just fired! Barry said he didn't mind me posting this, but communication with ARA is happening again and they're meeting with them next week with high hopes to get things back on track.

This information is enough for me to back off from my anger over the situation...new shit has come to light, and I want to see how it plays out.

My apologies to those I have raged on in these heated and emotional times...and if all goes well, I will repeatedly and humbly apologize to DP. Sometimes it's really tough to balance hobbyist friendships when there are customer/seller relationships involved.

So....anyway....here's to the next chapter and hopefully happy ending to this saga.

#4410 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just had a nice chat with Barry....and as bonkers as I've been lately, I have to say - I'm feeling pretty positive. With the firing of Rene from ARA...it truly seems like things have the possibility of moving forward. I've heard about Rene from a few different people - and none of it was positive. So, I'm starting to now believe the Dutch extortion story and that Rene was the villain...after all, Rene was just fired! Barry said he didn't mind me posting this, but communication with ARA is happening again and they're meeting with them next week with high hopes to get things back on track.
This information is enough for me to back off from my anger over the situation...new shit has come to light, and I want to see how it plays out.
My apologies to those I have raged on in these heated and emotional times...and if all goes well, I will repeatedly and humbly apologize to DP. Sometimes it's really tough to balance hobbyist friendships when there are customer/seller relationships involved.
So....anyway....here's to the next chapter and hopefully happy ending to this saga.

Well, I for one am glad that you're shitting and not all backed up today

#4411 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You were justified in reacting as you did to the way DP handled this mess. However things play out, DP lied to their customers and they can no longer expect the benefit of the doubt, especially when they're not putting forth a clear plan to resolve the underlying problem. DP deserved both barrels and you gave it to them.

That said, I also hope this is a turning point in the DP/ARA relationship, and that the line starts rolling again soon!

#4412 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Well, I for one am glad that you're shitting and not all backed up today

jeff-bridges-the-dude-big-lebowski (resized).jpgjeff-bridges-the-dude-big-lebowski (resized).jpg

#4413 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Are people still trying to get full value for their "spot" or are there any bargains to be had to go with the risk that comes with it?

Are you will to sell your "spot" for under face? I might roll the dice at the right price!

#4414 7 years ago

Fingers crossed. Seems like when we check these TBL threads if you see a few new posts its all good news. When there's nothing new but bad it goes way up with all the back and forth.

#4415 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are people still trying to get full value for their "spot" or are there any bargains to be had to go with the risk that comes with it?
Are you will to sell your "spot" for under face? I might roll the dice at the right price!

I had a handful of offers below the fence line whilst my game was up for sale. I didn't accept any nor have I heard of anyone willing to go below the fence. This is such a fluid situation so maybe someone will entertain it sooner or later.

#4416 7 years ago

TBH I follow this thread in hopes that we'll see a positive resolution for all people that don't have games; but also in the off chance that DP get things rolling again if they might open up more TBL spots (eg. make more than the initial allotment).

I kicked myself for not putting money down 3 years ago... maybe things will go well now that new shit has come to light. TBL is one of my favorite movies of all time. One thing I'm fairly certain of, however, is that BOP 3.0 isn't the path for them to get the existing TBL orders filled.

#4417 7 years ago

Great news. Many thanks to the gents who shared the ARA updates.

I'll say it again. DP = talented bunch of guys. While I may not agree with BoP 3.0, these guys have strong potential with future titles. I personally believe TBL is on par with Bally/Williams in terms of quality, build, look, feel (which is exactly what they went after).

Most of us want to see them succeed, despite the doubt and frustration expressed by a few, including myself. I hope they can start building TBL games again soon and move past this and the BoP license.

#4419 7 years ago

The Pinball News article of the Texas Pinball Festival has now been updated to include a written version of the DP seminar. No audio recording posted yet so you might want to check back.

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/tpf2017/index.html

DP article is towards the bottom.

#4420 7 years ago

"If you can keep your head about you while everyone else around you is losing theirs, then you clearly don't understand the situation."

#4421 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

"If you can keep your head about you while everyone else around you is losing theirs, then you clearly don't understand the situation."

Well, we're risking it all on a game of pitch and toss...

#4422 7 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Well, we're risking it all on a game of pitch and toss...

I just love the quote from Vin Scully in "For Love of the Game" so the situation seemed fitting.

#4423 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I just love the quote from Vin Scully in "For Love of the Game" so the situation seemed fitting.

Vin's in "For Love of the Game"?

Dammit....now I have to go watch it.

#4424 7 years ago

Let's hope with this latest news that TBL gets back on track and all of the very very patient Achievers get their deserved games.

#4425 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I didn't know it was from that.
I think BEFORE that it is Rudyard Kipling's poem, "If."

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

Source: A Choice of Kipling's Verse (1943)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4426 7 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I didn't know it was from that.
I think BEFORE that it is Rudyard Kipling's poem, "If."
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:
If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!
Source: A Choice of Kipling's Verse (1943)

Yep, definitely from Kipling. However, Scully made it his own by changing a couple of words. It's Scully's paraphrasing of Kipling's quote that is worth listening to.

Really nice to see Pinsiders get along. I like it!

#4427 7 years ago

1140-conversation-with-vin-scully.imgcache.rev1455205801421 (resized).jpg1140-conversation-with-vin-scully.imgcache.rev1455205801421 (resized).jpg

#4428 7 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

jack off in front of everyone? Is that a dutch thing or something

Wow..stop that!
Not cool!!
We as Dutch people distance ourselves from this dude.

#4429 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I agree, we are not there yet but it's a big step in the right direction on a road which will have for sure some bumps in it.
However, if the new person in charge and DP are on speaking terms and both are willing to work it out (Can confirm DP is) there is a good chance it can succeed.
If the in the newsletter mentioned 50 Bops are really required to make it work I think it's a lot easier to sell 50 extra TBL as 50 Bop3's (sorry Barry, I know you made the artwork on Bop3 )

Why would it still be required (to sell extra machines) to bring in extra cash, now that the Extortionist at ARA is gone? One would think they would now honor the original contract.

#4430 7 years ago

Wow. A little good news and all of the opinion experts with no skin in the game suddenly go quiet. Go figure.

#4431 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Wow. A little good news and all of the opinion experts with no skin in the game suddenly go quiet. Go figure.

Not sure how it's "good news". It's really just "news". We don't know what it means really.....beyond all the speculation.

#4432 7 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Why would it still be required (to sell extra machines) to bring in extra cash, now that the Extortionist at ARA is gone? One would think they would now honor the original contract.

If they have nothing to do while all this is going on, they may as well plan their next project. A BOP project makes the most sense - least development time, street cred already there on BOP. Now the 12,500 tag is still whack and prob kills it, but the planning of a BOPr isn't 100% dumb.

#4433 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

As opposed to what? Cheering against good news? I find myself agreeing with a lot your posts but on matters you are emotionally intimate with, not so much. I would guess those who have been vocal and skeptical are quiet because this could be (hopefully) a positive development and until it plays out further are taking a wait and see approach. I for one hope it is what it is being billed as. Anyone rooting for failure and by extension pinsiders getting screwed deserve a hard swift kick to the nuts. Repeatedly.

#4434 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Anyone rooting for failure and by extension pinsiders getting screwed deserve a hard swift kick to the nuts. Repeatedly.

Yes. Unfortunately, this thread and others have drawn plenty of Pinsiders, with no stake in TBL, eager to pile on the negativity and kick "idiot" pre-orderers when things have looked dark recently.

#4435 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yes. Unfortunately, this thread and others have drawn plenty of Pinsiders, with no stake in TBL, eager to pile on the negativity and kick "idiot" pre-orderers when things have looked dark recently.

And then there's the Early Achiever who tells us to "don't worry, be happy" while he plays his TBL.

#4436 7 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

And then there's the Early Achiever who tells us to "don't worry, be happy" while he plays his TBL.

As opposed to numerous others' posts, I really suspect that he didn't intend his to come across the way it did.

#4437 7 years ago

My reaction after I received an email letting me know that they weren't honoring their refund policy.

This-is-a-Bummer-Man (resized).jpgThis-is-a-Bummer-Man (resized).jpg

#4438 7 years ago

^^^This^^^ This is what I meant. Thank you Tuna.

Sorry for the confusion guys with my misunderstood comment. Fact is, I am sick and tired of the negativity coming from people with no skin in the game. People coming in during troubled times and bashing on the unfortunate. They are always commenting with the worst case scenario based on total speculation. Know-it-alls posting their opinions after the fact and intentional or not, ridiculing those of you at risk. I've seen it happen with Jpop, Medieval Madness Remakes, Predator and others. And I have suffered some of that crap myself.

My original meaning was this thread was alive, on fire with negative comments and bashing. Then Rarehero post some good news finally and this thread went dead for 12 hours because the naysayers had nothing to feed on.

#4439 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Oh stop all these comments... dudes!
legal action, going to universal, each individual's opinion on how to run a proper business..getting mediators in?
Its time to look into the mirror, plain and simple, all dudes like me who pre-ordered did this (probably) in full
consciousness. The moment you paid, you were aware that it might have been a non-smart thing to do. (like me)
Now, there is nothing you can do. It is the nature of ''crowd funding''
When money is involved, even the coolest dudes act differently, that is my experience, I never felt I had any rights after my payment. it was ''on the line''
these DP dudes did and do whatever is possible to deliver what they had promised, Im sure.
So please sit back and try to ''relax'' as there is noting else left for all of you.
Going into a law thing makes you only look stupid. it is how it is at this moment and you did take the risk.
BTW, I got my TBL delivered, it plays well, fun but some small issues which i can address myself. now im waiting on decent code.
Please stop all the crap. You may get it one day maybe not, you knew that 3 yrs ago

big-lebowski-quotes.gifbig-lebowski-quotes.gif

#4440 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Where the hell did I ever say that? I would never say anything like that and I didn't.

Mr68 I need to buy you a drink. You misunderstood me (not the 1st time).

I was actually referring to a certain Dutch goofball from the other day who was rightfully downvoted by the community (see @LITZ's post above this one).

I vividly remember fending off the naysayers who were lurking in this thread prior to the first batch shipping. I totally get where you're coming from.

#4441 7 years ago

Question:
DP claims there are 200 (or more) clips from the movie in the game. Has this been verified?

#4442 7 years ago

To start I am fully paid in the waiting game, like #122 , I just have a lot going on right now so i stayed in the shadows but hopefully this works out for everyone, I did email Barry and expressed my thoughts to him. As per people freaking out , yeah we should all be freaking the f out man , this has been a roller coaster ride for 3 years . @ Rarehero...people are mostly like sheep they just follow the herd , some people just have it in them to be the wolf , thanks for being the wolf and trying to get to the bottom of this shit !! On the flip side I figured the expo penthouse party I went to that DP had cost me $8500.00 ...worth it ...maybe lol ...lets hope the line starts moving again !

#4443 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

"Dutch Pinball USA, Inc." was incorporated in Philip Weinberg in the State of Wyoming on 12/31/2013, but the filing status changed from "Active" to "Inactive - Administratively Dissolved (Tax)" on 02/08/2016.
https://wyobiz.wy.gov/Business/FilingDetails.aspx?eFNum=141190084199124060157201028180106126092020171249

While you all were ranting and raving and some of you probably are still raving. DP was working through your American nights. God bless DP and the future owners.

#4444 7 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

While you all were ranting and raving and some of you probably are still raving. DP was working through your American nights. God bless DP and the future owners.

Not clear on the point of your post, but Razorbak86 wasn't ranting or raving. He was just being helpful with the facts.

And many of us work through Dutch nights (and often times Dutch mornings too).

#4445 7 years ago

Rather than me weed through all this Bullshit ?
What are my chances of getting a game after I have given a deposit? It's a gorgeous game, played it , gotta have it

#4446 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

What are my chances of getting a game after I have given a deposit? It's a gorgeous game, played it , gotta have it

Two ways to go: take over the spot from WCBrandes and become an early achiever and sit it out like the rest of us. I am optimistic you will see your game but will be a roller coaster ride with ups and downs. And yep: chance is there it will fail. Have to be realistic. You can taker a backseat for 1-2 weeks to see how things go but than likely WCbrandes spot is taken.

Or go to CT or Nitro and mention your interest in TBL and have yourself put on waiting list. No risk but if the 300 are not expanded you will have no game. Betting however that DP will try to expand the number if negotiations with Ara go well. Plenty of interest after all so makes business sense to do so

May you choose wisely

#4447 7 years ago

As opposed to numerous others' posts, I really suspect that he didn't intend his to come across the way it did.

I know this person well and can garantuee that he not intend this for sure but got carried away on his upsetness with all the negative emotions on the thread

He is a good dude, believe me

#4448 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

ZERO. No chance, not gonna happen. Roll your money up and smoke it instead. That or giving a deposit to DP have equal chances of getting you a game. Or send me your money and I too will delivery an empty promise but no game.

#4449 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

What are my chances of getting a game after I have given a deposit?

I'd say 80% chance all 300 get delivered. Dutch Pinball has made other pinball products and has plans for more. I wouldn't bet my rent money but it's likely people will get these games eventually.

#4450 7 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

ZERO. No chance, not gonna happen. Roll your money up and smoke it instead. That or giving a deposit to DP have equal chances of getting you a game. Or send me your money and I too will delivery an empty promise but no game.

Just a little negativity I'd say.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
15,000 (OBO)
$ 22.50
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 210.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/89 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.