(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,069 posts
  • 611 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Toucanf16
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 936 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Cash Machine (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
248E6180-C5FC-42E0-BFDD-3AF29E6979FF (resized).jpeg
6868685D-D473-48C3-A316-0C505EAE7797 (resized).jpeg
27DE3EF0-6251-4D0A-A589-75AEE0E66D81 (resized).jpeg
869AF936-E13C-4A94-BB35-774886977DCF (resized).jpeg
630402B2-B1CB-4066-AEE0-236A564FB65A (resized).jpeg
E4DFF554-5673-4DDA-B93E-88AC92ADF543 (resized).jpeg
1C08CB09-1027-48C0-86AE-5A3093262C3F (resized).jpeg
EA6D8509-4CEA-4D91-AC18-E7244C457EC4 (resized).jpeg
F6DD9947-56E6-41B7-A6F6-AB8DC98D5D95 (resized).jpeg
5DA182BF-9053-4FAF-B3D9-6D112C43844E (resized).jpeg
laugh_o_meter (resized).jpg
themoreuknow.gif
9e8da9619349be7d54dade0f048bd57b (resized).jpg
C03387C7-5AE2-4853-8F6A-7331DE066FEC (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 11069 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 222.
#4101 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

So any possible solutions would need to begin with a trusted 3rd party, preferably someone in the pinball community with an accounting and/or legal background to review DP's books and contracts and then reporting back. Sort of a legal/accounting version of their "Roger Sharpe" moment.

I like this option. Would Roger Sharpe be willing to help them again? That would be a good start.

#4102 2 years ago

So, if they didn't get caught in the "board issue" lie on the day they released the two newsletters..... How did it make any sense for them to write that a solution would be worked out in a couple weeks (in update #1)? What the hell did they think was going to happen? It's not like "a couple weeks" was going to buy them alot of time.

And after seeing their timeline in the newsletter yesterday of the events that lead to the stoppage.... Update #1 makes even less sense.

Maybe DP is in the up and up now and trying to get through this. But, man, it's tough for me to trust a word they say. Which is really too bad, because they seem like genuinely good people that had a passion to make something "cool"...

#4103 2 years ago

Felt forced to ask COINTAKER for a refund of my TBL deposit after having read the newsletter and disliking the way DP is handling the situation. I have lost trust and luckily I will get my money back (this time; was punished @Predatorgate years ago). I feel sorry for all those being fully paid. I have learned the hard way to read the signs and I simply cannot understand anybody that stays in who could get out (cc chargeback or deposit refund).

#4104 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I am not sure they bought OEM parts for all 300 games, can't go on what Jaap says. I believe they are seized up though and that ARA holds all the cards.

There was a video from the factory, Rensh I think took a video tour of ARA .. he walked down a row of boxes and they had numbers on them like '240-260' and the last one was 300. So they've sourced parts for 300.. all parts, who knows. Geert mentioned he had hand painted all 300 cars already in a PM to me a long time ago.

#4105 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

This is exactly how these things work out. Businesses, on advice from their attorneys or not, frequently work out things out without going to court. 99.9% of the time. There isn't enough money on the line for either entity for a court battle.
The major problem with your post is this phrase:
"If what they say about events that transpired is true, then they clearly were very accommodating and tried to work things out with ARA."

You just said they couldn't afford lawyers so had to dispense with them and just get something done with ARA (without mediation). What you now propose is exactly what's being done - the lawyers for both parties trying to negotiate a settlement. If that fails, the only option left is court.

That isn't a problem with my statement. All we know about the situation is contingent on what we've been told. Their statement does have some credibility given that it appears to line up timings wise, and with what ARA have said, to an extent. But, we don't know.

We won't know for sure unless it goes to court and documentary evidence becomes a matter of public record.

Neither party is now going to disclose any evidence as it risks any potential settlement that may be being worked on, and if it is going to court then they won't disclose anything prior to that.

If there is a settlement, we'll likely never know exactly what happened and when, because the terms of a deal are likely to dictate that there is non disclosure.

#4106 2 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

There was a video from the factory, rensh I think took a video tour. .. he walked down a row of boxes and they had numbers on them like '240-260' and the last one was 300. So they've sourced parts for 300.. all parts, who knows. Gert mentioned he had hand painted all 300 cars already.

Did you shake the boxes? Just kidding, but that is good info to know. I would bet that they ran at least 300 play fields as well.

I like that a lot of the parts are there and have been bought. There isn't anything more productive than making them into pinball machines. That and 50-60 already delivered machines is a major way this differs from some of the other pinball scandals.

They can still save themselves from becoming Pinball Pariahs. But they have to work harder at it than they are currently.

#4107 2 years ago

Rubberducks, you are a good dude and I am not trying to argue with you.

People in business, even in two businesses that become short term adversaries, will often talk with each other sans attorneys, work out a deal and then let the attorneys paper it. It is the cheaper and faster way to go. When two companies only let their lawyers talk, it slows things down, is super expensive (attorneys get paid to talk and write letters, not make pinball machines), and can result in one side running out of money or a court case, which is likely not gonna be in DP's favor.

I base this assumption (court case not in DPs favor) on the poor way in which DP has continually handled the business side of their project. I cannot imagine that all of sudden they became business experts on contracting with contract manufacturers, the one thing they knew the least about in the whole process.

As far as going on what Jaap says, well that ship has sailed. About 5 times, lol.

I still think they are in a position to take some lumps right now and get the project moving, but time is not likely on their side. If $1000 per unit gets the assembly line moving, then they should PROVE IT with a third party, and see how many takers they have.

#4108 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Calls to Universal licensing honchos start this week.
I'll be happy to call Bally as well to let them know what charlatans they've allowed to license their BOP I.P.
Will be weighing my legal options as well.
I would prefer to just get a refund and be done with this garbage hobby forever.

You wont quit the hobby,which is good.Youre a lifer.

And dont downvote me when I call a spade a spade. :party:My criticisms are never for my fellow pinheads and always directed at the "perps".No excuses,the DP guys are adults.They must take responsibility for there business.Failed or successful.

I hope you get your game or your money back.

Dp,if youre reading this,you suck.

#4109 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Rubberducks, you are a good dude and I am not trying to argue with you.
People in business, even in two businesses that become short term adversaries, will often talk with each other sans attorneys, work out a deal and then let the attorneys paper it. It is the cheaper and faster way to go. When two companies only let their lawyers talk, it slows things down, is super expensive (attorneys get paid to talk and write letters, not make pinball machines), and can result in one side running out of money or a court case, which is likely not gonna be in DP's favor.
I base this assumption (court case not in DPs favor) on the poor way in which DP has continually handled the business side of their project. I cannot imagine that all of sudden they became business experts on contracting with contract manufacturers, the one thing they knew the least about in the whole process.
As far as going on what Jaap says, well that ship has sailed. About 5 times, lol.
I still think they are in a position to take some lumps right now and get the project moving, but time is not likely on their side. If $1000 per unit gets the assembly line moving, then they should PROVE IT with a third party, and see how many takers they have.

I think you're grossly underestimating how bad relations are between the two parties.

A stalemate of months where one party refuses to ship games (and holds parts hostage which they do not legally own), whilst the other party refuses to pay for shipment of completed or future product ... that's pretty much as bad as it could get.

Negotiations without counsel present or directly acting as advocates, at this stage, would be extremely inadvisable for both parties.

Hopefully court can be avoided - not necessarily on a cost basis - but because it could take a very long time, if judgements are appealed.

Despite recently moving to the Netherlands, I'm not particularly familiar with the legal system here ... but AFAIK there are 3 levels of courts, plus several tribunals - which this would preferably be heard under, I imagine, as it might avoid a long appeals process in the courts proper.

#4110 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think you're grossly underestimating how bad relations are between the two parties.
A stalemate of months where one party refuses to ship games (and holds parts hostage which they do not legally own), whilst the other party refuses to pay for shipment of completed or future product ... that's pretty much as bad as it could get.
Negotiations without counsel present or directly acting as advocates, at this stage, would be extremely inadvisable for both parties.
Hopefully court can be avoided - not necessarily on a cost basis - but because it could take a very long time, if judgements are appealed. Despite recently moving to the Netherlands, I'm not particularly familiar with the legal system here ... but AFAIK there are 3 levels of courts, plus several tribunals - which this would preferably be heard under, I imagine, as it might avoid a long appeals process in the courts proper.

Somebody owes somebody some money.Money will fix it.Why do you think they have a new product.DP needs cash.

#4111 2 years ago

Did Cointaker even have a Lebowski with at TPF?

#4112 2 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Somebody owes somebody some money.Money will fix it.Why do you think they have a new product.DP needs cash.

Pretending it's that simple is stupid.

What isn't in question is that ARA were very late starting production (could be partly or wholly DP's fault), and EXTREMELY slow to start ramping up production speed ... the schedule that both they and DP spoke of at the production launch event this time last year was immediately tossed. You would think ARA are primarily or entirely liable for the latter. They will have signed off on a production ready machine. From there, it's their job to hit targets, and they should be held liable if they miss them. ARA haven't claimed so far that they weren't paid initially, or weren't supplied with enough parts quickly enough (indeed evidence points to the opposite on the latter).

If that's the state of affairs, even without the he-said-she-said about rising costs and related demands, then it doesn't seem like money can fix that. Especially if the client, DP, have doubts about the contractor's ability to deliver either at all, or in a timely manner, even if they are paid to the full extent of their demands.

#4113 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

First of all, we don't know who owns the parts at this point. I would imagine that the project is secured in part by the parts on hand. For sure, since we haven't read the contract, we have no idea who owns the parts.

If you read Jaap's letter carefully, you will find that in part of the timeline, they "find out that ARA hasn't ordered a single part for BOP". That suggests to me that perhaps ARA buys parts and may not have been paid. It's also a kick in the balls to TBL owners that DP was (supposedly) gambling money they didn't have on 50 pins no one ordered. It also sounds a lot like bullshit.

Lastly, you may notice in the timeline (and again, I am doubting Jaap's description of everything at this point) that the delivery timeframes, even in his description, were always exceeded. Why? ARA? Probably not. DP - Re-design? Changes? Going to manufacturing too early? Starting/stopping? Missing design deadlines? Signing a manufacturing contract too early? Maybe.

The assembly pricing timeframes are not open ended and the contract would explicitly state those timeframes. When the changes in design or just delays by DP push the date, then that is likely a legit opportunity for ARA to change pricing.

#4114 2 years ago

Unless ARA has broken down the assembly line, they have a section of their facility that's unusable because it's full of TBL parts, partially assembled games, and boxed games. This costs ARA money. At some point, they're going to want to get this resolved...

...unless they think they can make DP pay additional money for the stoppage.

Here's an idea, class action mediation. TBL Early Achievers sit down with both ARA and DP to listen to both sides and create a solution to remedy the situation.

#4115 2 years ago

According to this post, 40 boxed games and enough parts to do 80 more:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/class-action-lawsuit#post-3674721

#4116 2 years ago

At any rate, I don't care who's responsibility it is at this point (hint, it's DPs even if ARA shit the bed), I'm more concerned about progress from where we are.

I still say DP needs a 3rd party to audit their contracts and finances and let the Early Aggrieved know where they stand. From there they can tell us what it would cost to get the project moving. Let us know if the $1000/game is a real figure that can solve the problem or just more bullshit.

#4117 2 years ago
Quoted from EternalLife:

ARA broke the contract with DP, sue them..Suing DP is about as productive as suing yourself.

We don't know that as a truth. Without evidence, we can chalk it up to another Dutch lie.

Quoted from RTR:

Not sure "burning the house down" is the best option, even in the Post-Dude era of TBL.

They burned their own house down. I'm just looking for the truth and help.

Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

You wont quit the hobby,which is good.Youre a lifer.

-I'd like to quit this game.
-Due to this situation (and Stern's insanity), I'm absolutely quitting buying new games forever.
-Once the Dutch fiasco is solved, I'd like to vanish from this forum & just enjoy pinball privately.

I'm already done with collecting. I don't search out games to restore anymore. I have the games I like and am happy with them. I won't mind whittling them down at some point, either. As far as my current nerdy hobby focuses go - I'm way more interested in video games at the moment. I've been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild any chance I can....haven't fired up pinball much at all.

#4118 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We don't know that as a truth. Without evidence, we can chalk it up to another Dutch lie.

They burned their own house down. I'm just looking for the truth and help.

On these two things, we agree.

#4119 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

First of all, we don't know who owns the parts at this point. I would imagine that the project is secured in part by the parts on hand. For sure, since we haven't read the contract, we have no idea who owns the parts.
If you read Jaap's letter carefully, you will find that in part of the timeline, they "find out that ARA hasn't ordered a single part for BOP". That suggests to me that perhaps ARA buys parts and may not have been paid. It's also a kick in the balls to TBL owners that DP was (supposedly) gambling money they didn't have on 50 pins no one ordered. It also sounds a lot like bullshit.
Lastly, you may notice in the timeline (and again, I am doubting Jaap's description of everything at this point) that the delivery timeframes, even in his description, were always exceeded. Why? ARA? Probably not. DP - Re-design? Changes? Going to manufacturing too early? Starting/stopping? Missing design deadlines? Signing a manufacturing contract too early? Maybe.
The assembly pricing timeframes are not open ended and the contract would explicitly state those timeframes. When the changes in design or just delays by DP push the date, then that is likely a legit opportunity for ARA to change pricing.

I think it's a reasonable assumption to make that DP are the owners of most or all parts not directly sourced or supplied by ARA. I'm pretty sure the supply agreements with Mirco (pfs), Multimorphic (P-ROCs), mini PC, power supply, geert's car painting, backglass, and possibly cabinet and LCD, for example, are all with DP. ARA supply or produce the custom mechs, wiring, boardset etc. No idea who'd order generic pinball parts - coils etc. So they'd have to place orders regardless. So Jaap's statement isn't necessarily in conflict at all.

You say it's bullshit they were working on another machine. Wouldn't it be rather more concerning if they'd given up on future projects? Likely means they'd fold the whole company.

The burden of proof would have to fall on ARA to explain why they immediately fell massively behind the stated production schedule, once production finally began. They spoke at the event early last year and endorsed the schedule, and it is their sole responsibility to produce the production machines.

#4120 2 years ago

Sorry ducks, we will just have to disagree. If they had the money to develop BOP25, they could have finished TBL. It's clearly BS that they were going to fund, out of their own pocket, a 50 unit surprise run of a machine no one ordered last fall.

It's still not clear at all who owns parts at ARA. If it were, DP could bring in the cops and take possession. I bet it's illegal for ARA to keep something they have no claim on. ARA has all the aces and DP keeps bluffing.

#4121 2 years ago

If DP was ready to pay the extra $1000 per game if done by December 2016 - Why not just pay the extra $1000 per game now and be done with it??? At least for the games that are done, and for parts already on hand. That's only 120 games = 120K. Then take the remaining assets ARA is holding and move to another mfr. The December time frame isn't going to hurt/help DP at this point - just get the issue with ARA resolved.

EDIT: To clarify, I meant why doesn't DP just pay the extra $1K per game, since they were ready to do that previously according to the timeline/history they sent out.

#4122 2 years ago

Prior to the announcement I was still optimistic that DP's long awaited explanation would smooth things over and give some clarity. When I read their email yesterday, I just slumped into my chair sick for my friends and embarrassed at my wishful support.

A $12K Bride of Pinbot announcement was such a slap in the face.

Please don't feel foolish by insensitive know-it-all's on Pinside. You guys deserve justice in some form and I'm keeping a good thought for all.

#4123 2 years ago

T7 - according to DP this is the second €1000 hike, first one they agreed to, second one with 50 of the BOP25 to be made.

#4124 2 years ago

rarehero, I know your pissed as well as many others whom have been waiting patiently for a resolvement, refund or just to receive your game...I understand, I'm on the list of pre owners.

That being said, I'm not really sure calling Universal will resolve anything other than making things worse than where they stand today. I may be speaking for myself...or echoing for others who continue to be patient the current events will be resolved and we'll receive our games eventually. Hopefuy DP does right and refunds you your money immediately...I very much support your request 100%.

#4125 2 years ago
Quoted from T7:

To clarify, I meant why doesn't DP just pay the extra $1K per game, since they were ready to do that previously according to the timeline/history they sent out.

Agreed. This is the question I posted earlier. Why tie it to production schedule and BoP parts being ordered?

#4126 2 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

That being said, I'm not really sure calling Universal will resolve anything other than making things worse than where they stand today.

If DP is operating within the agreement, calling Universal would have zero impact on things. I assume this is the case.

As to what it might resolve. Well, for some reason DP tied the extra $1000 to expediting the production schedule. Why do this unless DP was under some sort of deadline? If impending license expiration is not the issue, the next best guess (in my opinion) would be some debt coming due. Therefore, understanding the license might provide clues to the true status and possibility/timing of a resolution.

#4127 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Did Cointaker even have a Lebowski with at TPF?

There was one there, but I believe it was someone's personal machine up near the tournament area. But someone else may be able to provide greater details.

Brad

#4128 2 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

If DP is operating within the agreement, calling Universal would have zero impact on things. I assume this is the case.
As to what it might resolve. Well, for some reason DP tied the extra $1000 to expediting the production schedule. Why do this unless DP was under some sort of deadline? If impending license expiration is not the issue, the next best guess (in my opinion) would be some debt coming due. Therefore, understanding the license might provide clues to the true status and possibility/timing of a resolution.

Good points made...and I understand, especially if there's some sort of agreement here that it will come to some resolution. At this point...I'm not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel especially at this time to involve Universal. That being said if Universal is contacted..OK...but keep it professional and all business so we can get answers/resolution possibly quicker. I'm not trying to insinuate or insult anyone...I just know there's a lot of personal frustration felt here by all of us..it's obvious with the flames ? on this thread. Just better to be rational than irrational as we hope for resolution sooner than later.

#4129 2 years ago

Why can they just get ARA to finish the run and invoice us for what they want to release the machine however outrageous that bill is for? Each pinball has an owner so if they refuse to pay then ARA keeps or resells. Why wait for lawyers just bill and ship.

#4130 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'll always love pinball but I'm absolutely done with the garbage people that sell
new games. Fuck them all. I don't need them or the drama to enjoy pinball.

Said the guy who is creating more drama than anybody else in here. Just calm the fuck down. We are all in line waiting for our games. It's out of our control. I don't believe any of this Dutch wanted either but it is what it is. I trust that they will get me my game someday I hope. It's just a terrible set of circumstances and I appreciate you not fucking it up for everybody else.

#4131 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

There was one there, but I believe it was someone's personal machine up near the tournament area. But someone else may be able to provide greater details.
Brad

Someone's personal game was up front. Played much better then the engineering prototype CT had been previously bringing around to shows.

Now that it's painfully clear that DP doesn't have access to any of the parts it would appear that owners who have already taken delivery are SOL if something breaks that isn't repairable.

#4132 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

As far as my current nerdy hobby focuses go - I'm way more interested in video games at the moment. I've been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild any chance I can....haven't fired up pinball much at all.

Ive been heading to the game room lately and gravitating towards video games...it's cyclical for me. In a few months I'll probably be all about Pinball again. But it's hard to ignore the cost differential between the two. Xbox game = $10-$70. New Pinball machine = $6500-$15,000! I honestly have as much fun or more with the video game.

#4133 2 years ago

I´m really sorry for all, who have their worthy money in this trouble. I jumped of the train at philgate.

After reading the last NSNL ("march: silence") I like the idea of a 3rd known enthusiast trustee, who deal with the 2 companies and spell dutch.

Well, I suggest Jonathan Joosten. He could/should help, to break the silence.

#4134 2 years ago

There has been a LONG time gone by now without resolution and ARA sitting on those pins

At what point will ARA auction off those pins to satisfy the debt

DP needs some kind of miracle bailout obviously. That's why they strolled into TPF hat in hand

Even if they could somehow pay the $125k how will the rest of the pins get built?

They appear to be out of parts and $$

This is Jpop 2.0. Some people get pins and everybody else gets F ed

#4135 2 years ago
Quoted from beauimpala:

Said the guy who is creating more drama than anybody else in here. Just calm the fuck down. We are all in line waiting for our games. It's out of our control. I don't believe any of this Dutch wanted either but it is what it is. I trust that they will get me my game someday I hope. It's just a terrible set of circumstances and I appreciate you not fucking it up for everybody else.

Dutch created the drama.
Dutch fucked it up.

Maybe it feels good to skapegoat me - that doesn't change the fact that Dutch Pinball are fuck ups and liars.

#4136 2 years ago

The drama is being brought by the reactionaries here. DP is stating what happened, It sucks but it will be resolved.

#4137 2 years ago

Went to the 2014 Chicago expo and these guys thought they were rock stars, boy have times changed.

#4138 2 years ago

Unfortunately, the best decisions are usually those made with the most information. Here you have a dearth of information and, to make matters worse, much of it from sources that can't be fully trusted. Contact Universal or not? start legal action or not? At this point, all you have is your gut.

I am not one who adheres to the 'if you don't have skin in the game, you can't comment' as I often think those without skin in the game are better able to separate facts from emotion. However, I have also found that, in the absence of information, the 'gut feeling' of someone in the throes of the situation is usually better than the intuition of someone on the sidelines. Given that I am not in the club (unless way down the road in the secondary market) and we are down to gut feelings, I don't think there is any value in my opining. I do hope it all works out

#4139 2 years ago

This isn't cancer, it's a delay in a pinball production schedule. Things will start up again, what the f*ck else are they going to do with the parts?
Eventually the games will be built and shipped. Until then we should be asking DP what we can do to help get this resolved...

#4140 2 years ago
Quoted from EternalLife:

what the f*ck else are they going to do with the parts?

You should ask Kevin Kulek, he's got first-hand experience.

#4141 2 years ago

Right now Kevin Kulek and John Popaduik are saying: "Thank you Jesus".....

#4142 2 years ago

dutch need to pay up and ship the games, or offer refunds to all - no lawyers needed. ARA or the dutch bogieman is not the buyers problem.

#4143 2 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Unfortunately, the best decisions are usually those made with the most information. Here you have a dearth of information and, to make matters worse, much of it from sources that can't be fully trusted. Contact Universal or not? start legal action or not? At this point, all you have is your gut.

100 percent this, we need information guys. Right now the only real information weve gotten in the last 6-8 months about games was a statement about board problems which ended up being a lie. If someone had not contacted ARA we would likely STILL think this was all a board issue. I do see why people would be hesitant to communicate with VDL/Bally/Universal/ARA in fear of "fucking" something up. But we need to know the truth about whats going on and DP has proven time and time again that they will only be honest when their hand is forced. Philgate, licensegate, ARAgate, at some point we just have to accept that they have a pattern and history of dishonesty, all of which couldve been avoided had they been communicative and forthright. Will calling VDL solve anything? Maybe, maybe not...I for one, would like to know whos paying for this BoP 3.0. Is VDL funding it? If so, why didnt they fund TBL instead? It would be really helpful if every Lebowski owner who wanted a refund called these companies on monday to get some info, maybe with enough info we can piece together the truth. Should we class action? Should we wait? I dont know yet, Im trying to get us the information to make that determination. The point is with more information we can make the most informed decision possible as a community. If DP wont be forthcoming with the truth its up to us to fish it out where we can.

#4144 2 years ago

Information? We have it all. Dispute between ARA and DP, being worked out in court. Money - tied up in parts for the games. We all saw plenty of footage of playfields, ramps, rugs, boxes, ect. It's not a Kevin K or any other situation.
Dispute gets resolved, production starts up and the games are shipped. Could be tomorrow could be longer. Extra lawsuit won't help, wild speculation - worth nothing. Supporting DP and trying to help may be the best thing we can do at this point.

#4145 2 years ago
Quoted from EternalLife:

Information? We have it all. Dispute between ARA and DP, being worked out in court.

No proof of this being true. ARA could just be waiting for payment. Dutch may not even have lawyers. Until we see a firm's name our documents showing legal actions, we cannot assume this is true just because Jaap said so.

#4146 2 years ago
Quoted from EternalLife:

Information? We have it all. Dispute between ARA and DP, being worked out in court. Money - tied up in parts for the games. We all saw plenty of footage of playfields, ramps, rugs, boxes, ect. It's not a Kevin K or any other situation.
Dispute gets resolved, production starts up and the games are shipped. Could be tomorrow could be longer. Extra lawsuit won't help, wild speculation - worth nothing. Supporting DP and trying to help may be the best thing we can do at this point.

this very well may be the truth, I for one, would just feel better if someone other than jaap or barry was the one telling me this stuff. If its being worked out in court then ill call ARA tomorrow, they'll respond with, "we cant speak about that matter, its currently being worked out through the courts/arbritration" and ill have wasted like 5 minutes of my day but ill know its actually gone to court. I may call ARA and they may say, "all good faith communications have broken down and DP is not responding to us." I dont know what I expect to hear, I just havent had ARA lie to me directly yet so I have more of a reason to trust them than DP. The point is knowing more information cant possibly be a bad thing and if the truth is dire its best to know now as opposed to 6 months from now. Like I said before, if people hadnt called ARA frustrated about the lack of progress about their games wed all still be waiting for this "board issue" to get worked out.

#4147 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Right now Kevin Kulek and John Popaduik are saying: "Thank you Jesus".....

Okay, I admit it. I laughed.

#4148 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dutch created the drama.
Dutch fucked it up.
Maybe it feels good to skapegoat me - that doesn't change the fact that Dutch Pinball are fuck ups and liars.

I wouldn't scapegoat you ever. This is frustrating for all of us.

On another note, what does a director for a cartoon like Family Guy do, exactly?
Do you get to fly to Seoul to stand behind a bunch of animators telling them to draw it again, but better this time?
Or do you just have to convince McFarlane to lay off the coke in exchange for some Mel Torme records?
I ask because I'm considering a career change...

#4149 2 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

You should ask Kevin Kulek, he's got first-hand experience.

I'm increasingly pessimistic, but there ARE some significant differences between this and Predator. The biggest is that there IS an ACTUAL product that is all but produced in terms of design, licensing, heck even field testing at this point. So hope remains.

#4150 2 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I wouldn't scapegoat you ever. This is frustrating for all of us.
On another note, what does a director for a cartoon like Family Guy do, exactly?
Do you get to fly to Seoul to stand behind a bunch of animators telling them to draw it again, but better this time?
Or do you just have to convince McFarlane to lay off the coke in exchange for some Mel Torme records?
I ask because I'm considering a career change...

Somewhere in between. not sure if you really want to know or are just being a snark. PM me if you're interested.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 21.00
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
€ 9.10
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 12.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 11069 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 222.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside