(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 306.
#3801 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He's a Director for the TV show Family Guy and other work in Hollywood. He's also very passionate about pinball.
Thumbs down for your snotty comment.

Thumbs down for you not getting the point.

#3802 7 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Good to know. I will edit my comment to you and remove my down vote.

#3803 7 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Quoted from Mr68:

Good to know. I will edit my comment to you and remove my down vote.

Thumbs up for both of you in your last two posts just because! The Dude abides.

Brad

#3804 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I won't deny being a forum addict over the years. Lately not so much. I'm poppin' a squat right now! That's my Pinside check in time.

I have a system- I poop once a week for an hour and half, and I wear a headband that's soaked when I'm done.

#3805 7 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Fox Studios - Good morning thank you for contacting Fox Studios how can we help you
Rarehero - Hi my name is Rarehero
Fox Studios - *click*
I wouldn't really worry about what Rarehero does.....

Kinda funny. You know Greg works for Fox, right?

#3806 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I have a system- I poop once a week for an hour and half, and I wear a headband that's soaked when I'm done.

Pretty funny episode last night.

#3807 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

. I'm poppin' a squat now

Good to know.

#3808 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Yep...I watched it too

#3809 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

53644530 (resized).jpg53644530 (resized).jpg

#3810 7 years ago

IMG_1690 (resized).PNGIMG_1690 (resized).PNG

#3811 7 years ago

Wow - the cash crunch is officially ON! At least he's coming to face the music.

#3812 7 years ago

Bah, this is not the time to announce title 2. I know they want to share exciting news, but it couldn't be at a worse time in their company.

#3813 7 years ago

Yeah, really not the time to announce the next game. Not sure why they think this is a good idea.

Also, if they're in a position to explain the status of TBL in three days time, they should be updating those with orders now. Asking them to wait for second hand accounts from a seminar at a pinball show is just ridiculous.

#3814 7 years ago

I mean, they are announcing title #2 to get more preorder cash so they can finish title #1.

#3815 7 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Yeah, really not the time to announce the next game. Not sure why they think this is a good idea.
Also, if they're in a position to explain the status of TBL in three days time, they should be updating those with orders now. Asking them to wait for second hand accounts from a seminar at a pinball show is just ridiculous.

The writing is on the wall, Boys. Condolences to those on the tail end of this ride. If anyone paid by amex, there may still be hope.

Note to self: when a vendor has my money and goes dark, expect the worst.

#3816 7 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I mean, they are announcing title #2 to get more preorder cash so they can finish title #1.

DP may not even be taking cash deposits on a second game. My guess is that they want to convey that they intend to be around for the long run.

#3817 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Does anyone really think DP will actually present at TPF? How was their presentation/seminar at the 2016 PiNbAlL ExPO?

Hey MrBally,
I think DP is going to be at TPF.
Proof Positive!

#3818 7 years ago

I haven't been posting in this thread recently as having received my game it seems insensitive to be complaining given the situation that many others are in - but does anyone else with the game still have any unresolved issues?

#3819 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

DP may not even be taking cash deposits on a second game. My guess is that they want to convey that they intend to be around for the long run.

This position requires DP to have their customers confidence.

If they didn't need funds to finish Big Lebowski they would have paid the $1000 euros per game and gotten them out the door. The idea they are sitting on a pile of cash and letting ARA hold games hostage because of the 'principle of the thing' is crazy. They are losing customers every minute they don't ship games. lots of people on this board have already cancelled downpayments at cointaker.

There is no way they made so much margin on game #1 that they have a pile of cash to buy parts and everything for game #2. they can't even afford or build a prototype to show for crying out loud.

#3820 7 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I haven't been posting in this thread recently as having received my game it seems insensitive to be complaining given the situation that many others are in - but does anyone else with the game still have any unresolved issues?

I have some minor issues but Barry did finally respond to me a few days back and indicated a couple of the parts I needed were going to be sent out.

#3821 7 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

If they didn't need funds to finish Big Lebowski they would have paid the $1000 euros per game and gotten them out the door. The idea they are sitting on a pile of cash and letting ARA hold games hostage because of the 'principle of the thing' is crazy. They are losing customers every minute they don't ship games. lots of people on this board have already cancelled downpayments at cointaker.
There is no way they made so much margin on game #1 that they have a pile of cash to buy parts and everything for game #2. they can't even afford or build a prototype to show for crying out loud.

Speculation abounds on Pinside and this thread is no exception. Hopefully, DP will finally provide some info this Sat that will put some of this to rest and reduce customers' anxiety as well.

#3822 7 years ago

They are making a statement that Dutch Pinball as a company is moving forward, obstacles and all. Of course they're announcing their second game along with remedies for advancing both machines and the company's future.

Quoted from Richthofen:

You have no proof of this. Why not let them make the announcement at TPF of what their terms are before you start your propaganda.

#3823 7 years ago

Did anyone else get this email blast? Got it about 30 minutes ago...

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 10.16.14 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-03-22 at 10.16.14 AM (resized).png

#3824 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Did anyone else get this email blast? Got it about 30 minutes ago...

Yep - Rensh posted it above.

#3825 7 years ago

i'm pretty pissed at myself for listening to Barry and staying in as an achiever or whatever cute little name they came up with to make sure they would keep as much money as they could. Done are the days of giving pinball companies any benefit of the doubt that they care about you as an individual. Why in the hell do I have to wait and try and find information about whats going on when anyone with a pulse will know why I haven't got my machine 3 years later and why I have spent over 10k to these ass clowns and have nothing. Come to TPF to find out why you left us a huge sum of money after begging you to stay in! Attention Barry....I live in Canada. I am not going to TPF. I am an early achiever, you have my money. I would like a detailed accounting of where my money and or machine is. I deserve this information before any public announcements......especially before announcing game number 2. If you take in one dollar more before you give mine back and or a game let this be a warning to you. I have requested my money and or machine now, March 22 2017. I will be sending an email directly as well. You are on the verge of operating business no different than Zidware. Do some research and see how that turned out. I'm tired of this situation, how your treating your clients, and its time you wake up.

#3826 7 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

If they didn't need funds to finish Big Lebowski they would have paid the $1000 euros per game and gotten them out the door. The idea they are sitting on a pile of cash and letting ARA hold games hostage because of the 'principle of the thing' is crazy.

No they wouldn't. At least, not unless they were completely out of their minds, and were likely prepared to fly in the face of all the legal advice they've received, and basic common sense.

Let's say they pay another €1000+ per game. That's at least €40k they're down (further), and they're still in a hole with no solution to produce the final ~210 games of the initial run (they hoped to do more later originally). Let's say they find at least another €200k to pay ARA to do the rest, and ARA actually start to produce them in a timely fashion ... they then stop and request more money again. Do DP then say enough's enough and sue them then? They'd be screwed. They would have already set a precedent for caving in and paying the CM more, against the terms of the contract. What about game #2?

How can you or anyone possibly think this is a good idea? Doing the above would absolutely seal their fate, and many of those with money down.

Let's hope that the announcement of the game #2 means they've reached a deal with the other CM they've been talking to.

Saturday's 3 days away.

#3827 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Let's hope that the announcement of the game #2 means they've reached a deal with the other CM they've been talking to.

Sort of like how this announcement meant everything was cool:

#3828 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You have no proof of this. Why not let them make the announcement at TPF of what there terms are before you start your propaganda.

Yep, I have no proof. I'm just trying to put 2 and 2 together. I also have no skin in the game, I do not have a TBL on order. We wouldn't have to speculate if DP just sent an email around to its customers, even a short one. It's out there they lied about circuit board issues. So I guess why is this the truth?

Quoted from rubberducks:

No they wouldn't. At least, not unless they were completely out of their minds, and were likely prepared to fly in the face of all the legal advice they've received.

I guess? I am trying to see it from my point of view, if I were running a business. If they received legal advice telling them not to ship games fine, but I can't see any scenario where not shipping games is cheaper. Let's say there's 100 games to ship and so $100,000 is additionally on the line. Let's say it takes 1 year in court to resolve this and the best case scenario happens: ARA is ordered to complete the rest of the games at original cost. However it cost them $20,000 in legal fees and $20,000 in lost orders. Plus an additional unknown value of money not handed over for game #2 because DP has lost customer trust. So to save $60K in this scenario, they are going to drag out the process and spurn potential customers for an entire year?

Or, they could finish the games and sue ARA after the fact to attempt to clawback. Or finish the games and write off the loss, but in the meantime continue forward with finding a new CM. Or come to ARA and say, we will do $750 additional per game and strike a deal.

In the end, you can be right but still be made broke. And if you're running this like a business what is really important is continuing to collect revenue and ship games. And while this thing plays out they are doing neither, which is not good for any business.

#3829 7 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Yep, I have no proof. I'm just trying to put 2 and 2 together. I also have no skin in the game, I do not have a TBL on order. We wouldn't have to speculate if DP just sent an email around to its customers, even a short one. It's out there they lied about circuit board issues. So I guess why is this the truth?

I guess? I am trying to see it from my point of view, if I were running a business. If they received legal advice telling them not to ship games fine, but I can't see any scenario where not shipping games is cheaper. Let's say there's 100 games to ship and so $100,000 is additionally on the line. Let's say it takes 1 year in court to resolve this and the best case scenario happens: ARA is ordered to complete the rest of the games at original cost. However it cost them $20,000 in legal fees and $20,000 in lost orders. Plus an additional unknown value of money not handed over for game #2 because DP has lost customer trust. So to save $60K in this scenario, they are going to drag out the process and spurn potential customers for an entire year?
Or, they could finish the games and sue ARA after the fact to attempt to clawback. Or finish the games and write off the loss, but in the meantime continue forward with finding a new CM. Or come to ARA and say, we will do $750 additional per game and strike a deal.
In the end, you can be right but still be made broke. And if you're running this like a business what is really important is continuing to collect revenue and ship games. And while this thing plays out they are doing neither, which is not good for any business.

Per my expanded post above, there's no way they could move forward with ARA.

#3830 7 years ago

Announcing game 2 before having a credible plan to get game 1 out the door would be a huge red flag. I hope people are smart enough not to reward that behavior by preordering, but some just won't be able to resist.

#3831 7 years ago

It's amazing how nobody actually knows shit, but can make up plenty of stuff to keep the bitch fest going.....

#3832 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It's amazing how nobody actually knows shit, but can make up plenty of stuff to keep the bitch fest going.....

It's not amazing, rather DP is reaping what they sowed.

#3833 7 years ago

For those who are not going to TPF (like me), I understood there will be another newsletter on Saturday parallel to the TPF seminar.

So, watch your mailbox Saturday

#3834 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

For those who are not going to TPF (like me), I understood there will be another newsletter on Saturday parallel to the TPF seminar.
So, watch your mailbox Saturday

I hope so Rensh. Thanks for sharing.

#3835 7 years ago

Hope not needed, it will be so
This was suppose to happen also last time but than technique fucked up

This will not stop speculation, so pls proceed.

Nobody wants to guess theme pin 2? My dreamtheme I think would be Resident Evil or Mad Max

#3836 7 years ago

Dutch PB (resized).jpgDutch PB (resized).jpg

#3837 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Nobody wants to guess theme pin 2?

The Money Pit?

#3840 7 years ago

Seriously Rensh why do you have inside information on whats happening (pun intended see above) and none of the over achievers have had a call, a personal email or jack shit to be honest. What is it about running a good company that's so hard in pinball?

#3841 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That's exactly the problem my friend..... No one except maybe Rensh knows jack shit!

#3842 7 years ago

I'll hold back speculation until the weekend, but this I can say either way:

Fuck Game#2.

#3843 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'll hold back speculation until the weekend, but this I can say either way:
Fuck Game#2.

I hope it's not a dream theme of mine as I'd never own it.

#3844 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yeah, I think this is the first time a game is going to be announced and I'm hoping it's not something I'm in any way interested in.

#3845 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Too many dream themes have been crushed....Transformers, Ghostbusters, Lebowski ....we'll always have ACDC! From now on, I can relive my "dream themes" by just watching the movie. I don't need a pin for it anymore.

#3846 7 years ago

I'm thinking it's Pulp Fiction.

#3847 7 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

That's the one I'm afraid of...the greatest movie of all time. That would truly suck as it would be pretty much dead in the water and never be in my game room. I know I wouldn't pre-order anything. If it's not in stock I don't buy it. I hope that is most people's motto these days.

#3848 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Too many dream themes have been crushed....Transformers, Ghostbusters, Lebowski ....we'll always have ACDC! From now on, I can relive my "dream themes" by just watching the movie. I don't need a pin for it anymore.

I avoided all of those...but I'd rather have an ok transformers or crappy Ghostbusters than my failure with JPOP.

#3849 7 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

What about the rumor that Stern got it?

I dunno, either way ...I've got my PF Blu-Ray. Done.

#3850 7 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

A whole lot of leaps in this post...

You also forget they funded TBL's development and BoP and more without up front money. They've got deep pockets it would seem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

15,000 (OBO)
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.