(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 306.
#3601 7 years ago
Quoted from Gutterballs:

Eggbert, so, what do you think about the game?

I absolutely love the game. The latest code .48 is actually in depth enough to keep me going and hopefully they have something updated in the next few months after they get these games back off of the ground. I am fortunate to have one.

#3602 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I absolutely love the game. The latest code .48 is actually in depth enough to keep me going and hopefully they have something updated in the next few months after they get these games back off of the ground. I am fortunate to have one.

I have game #20 and love mine also. I had a party a couple months ago and went to bed around two as the party carried on without me. When I woke up around 7:30 there were people still here and playing. Out of pinball courtesy my experienced friends had shut off all of my other games when they had had enough of them but kept playing TBL. I made coffee, the girls made mimosas and we played to 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

33 hours it was played straight and it held up perfectly. Everybody loved it and one of my friends was a complete geek over it. Beautiful machine and extremely well constructed.

Since taking possession I've been quietly following this thread not wanting to say much and my heart breaks for what you guys are going though. But I'm confident my friends Greg and Brian and all of you will receive your machines and be very pleased in the end.

#3603 7 years ago

Thanks eggbert and mr68, great to hear positive things about the game! Anyone else with a machine want to share?

#3604 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

TBH, I'm surprised you bought a TBL, given the tenor of your posts in the other thread (now closed).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tq&tu=Eggbert52

I'm glad you like the game now, though.

#3605 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

TBH, I'm surprised you bought a TBL, given the tenor of your posts in the other thread (now closed).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tq&tu=Eggbert52

Those pesky Russians must've hacked him!

#3606 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I'm glad you like the game now, though.

Yes, but my defense of being called a paraquate was second to none!

#3607 7 years ago

The funny thing about this is as i was trying to sift through this almost 3 hour podcast to hear the TBL segment I said "f#ck it" and went bowling. My TBL had been acting worse and worse over the past week. Weird and glitchy mostly but then...Lights out, flippers up, full reboot 3 times and then..."Oh No!" the dreaded "P-roc not found" error. I reseated the USB on the mainboard and have had no problems since. (It's got a ton of slop in it though).
I just listened to the podcast segment and it's the same issue they were having on the location TBL.
Check your connections and tighten everything up TBL owners (and future owners). I love this machine and really hope DP straightens everything out and everyone gets their TBL's. I really think they will, they didn't come this far with their dream machine to produce 51.

#3608 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Yes, but my defense of being called a paraquate was second to none!

Don't leave us hanging ... did you order Aurich's glowing joint mod?

#3609 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I hope for the best for them but only if I avoid reading Mike's posts. I'm sorry he hates Americans so much but I'm not the one with his mum.

If you actually read what I wrote AND KEEP IT IN CONTEXT you will see that my MAIN beef is the dozen or so arsehole Americans that did PayPus chargebacks simply because they could.

Please stop generalising about my very specific comments.

#3610 7 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

It's an interesting thread, but this comment might lead one to believe, well...here's what Mike (from Homepin) said three years ago:
"The posts after my last prove my point completely about America - go for it boys, keep living in your own little world - last I heard Chinese money is propping up America anyway so you better get used to it!" http://bit.ly/2mc6EFy

This was from the un-official thread some years ago. Mike has, in the past, been known to fly off the handle. I think he would admit to that, but I think you will find that the OFFICIAL Homepin thread is very informative. The official thread doesn't contain all of that stuff. Mike has been quite open with the process of building all of his parts. (Building the machine to build the machine, so to speak). For a layman like myself the whole process has been enjoyable to watch from the sidelines. I even think there are a number of Americans enjoying the thread and participating.

I don't think there are many manufactures that have showcased in this detail the process of building a pinball machine from scratch. He has had to build almost every part that will go into a Homepin pin (right down to the screws he uses), due to import restrictions in China. No off the shelf stuff. You have to give credit where credit is due. He has been very open about this process and it is worth giving the OFFICIAL Homepin thread a go.

#3611 7 years ago

This is a TBL thread; not a Homepin thread.

#3612 7 years ago

Just to chime in a bit, my TBL is on location and I think it may be the one with the most plays on it as I looked at the one DP has on location in the Netherlands (http://www.dutchpinball.com/tbl/live/es5) and mine has more plays on it. Luckily I have one of the best OPs helping me operate it and he's been able to make it work pretty well. We had some issues initially and there are things from time to time but overall it's been holding up very well. Had a variety of skill levels playing the game up to a PAPA world champion who plays it semi-regularly (GC is just over 50M) and the main issues are stuck balls and the ball sometimes getting stuck in the lock shot (usually a hard nudge will free it up). Also there's an issue some times when a ball comes firing back hard at an engaged flipper the ball will knock down the flipper (though I've had this happen to me recently on GoT as well so maybe that's a normal-ish thing?)

Really like it so far and excited and hopeful for more code updates since I think a few things aren't coded yet (like replays!

#3613 7 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Also there's an issue some times when a ball comes firing back hard at an engaged flipper the ball will knock down the flipper (though I've had this happen to me recently on GoT as well so maybe that's a normal-ish thing?)

Not uncommon.. but for different reasons. GoT has a EOS switch that tells the game to cycle the coil for hold power.. TBL is doing it with software logic.. and I found the issue more frequent on TBL

#3614 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

TBL is doing it with software logic.. and I found the issue more frequent on TBL

Pretty sure they are doing a short power pulse to the main coil and then energizing the hold coil to keep the flipper up. They could potentially increases the "power" going to the hold coil to see if that can keep it from getting knocked down. If there is no EOS, then they have no way of knowing the flipper was knocked back down in order to re-pulse the main to coil to put it back up. adding EOS and code to handle it, is easier said than done.

#3615 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Tell emkay that! I will always defend myself in ANY thread when people make incorrect comments about me.

Back to TBL........................

#3616 7 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Well if I were a betting man, and I must be, #106, my money would be on American Pinball picking up the manufacturing of TBL. They are a start up with coin-op roots, hungry and they have a facility. They've already popped out their first pin, Magic Girl...OK, Jpop screwed the boards and mechs in place, but AP did almost everything else other than art, playfield, cabinet and programing. DP moves to a new CM and ARA is left with 40 boxes of parts they can't sell as a complete unit. I really hope ARA's claim that they haven't been paid for the games shipped is true, what great leverage that would be to free those 40 completed games and any inventory being held hostage. You know ARA must have made all 300+ sets of custom boards in one batch.

I don't think DP considered any CMs outside of NL, Germany and possibly Belgium (perhaps one of the Dutch here can correct me if I'm wrong), and they said they submitted a tender to about 10 of them, originally. I would imagine they probably won't this time.

Bad as their current dispute is ... imagine having to fly 10-12 hours just to see progress, or butt heads?

#3617 7 years ago
Quoted from genex:

my TBL is on location

A great location too. I almost dropped by to play it last Friday night, but have a hard time dropping (more) coin into a game that I have at home (in this case, a game that I'm waiting on). Is anyone else this way?

Anyways, your feedback has been great and insightful. I also love your contribution and passion to the hobby with photography. I wish you great success operating TBL out in the wild. The Early Adopters really do help later purchasers in terms of quality control, so please know it doesn't go unnoticed.

#3618 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

When did Dutch pinball last post in this thread?

#3619 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When did Dutch pinball last post in this thread?

1127541656 (resized).jpg1127541656 (resized).jpg

#3620 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I don't think DP considered any CMs outside of NL, Germany and possibly Belgium (perhaps one of the Dutch here can correct me if I'm wrong), and they said they submitted a tender to about 10 of them, originally. I would imagine they probably won't this time.
Bad as their current dispute is ... imagine having to fly 10-12 hours just to see progress, or butt heads?

There are rumors to the contrary and Cointaker made the third round of Bride 2.0 kits didn't they? It seems since many more of the buyers are in the US, they could cut down on shipping costs manufacturing it here.

#3621 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Pretty sure they are doing a short power pulse to the main coil and then energizing the hold coil to keep the flipper up. They could potentially increases the "power" going to the hold coil to see if that can keep it from getting knocked down. If there is no EOS, then they have no way of knowing the flipper was knocked back down in order to re-pulse the main to coil to put it back up. adding EOS and code to handle it, is easier said than done.

If memory serves they are using a single wound coil and no EOS. All software driven for hold power detection and then modulation for the reduced power.

#3622 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

There are rumors to the contrary and Cointaker made the third round of Bride 2.0 kits didn't they? It seems since many more of the buyers are in the US, they could cut down on shipping costs manufacturing it here.

Cointaker has been building the BoP kits and ramping up to do so. They handle all the bundling, shipping, logistics, etc. They aren't building boards/etc.. but rather being the assembly/logistics.

#3623 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think the key for success is a company with a coin-op background and even better, knows how to build pinball machines, which by the way is HARD.

#3624 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My girlfriend is in Iceland right now - look what she found !

this was months ago, but I am going to Iceland in two days. Where was this place located/what is it called? I wonder if it would have the big lebowski pin yet.

#3625 7 years ago

I'm out. Not an early achiever, but had an order in with CoinTaker. Not sure if they still have a waiting list but a spot just opened up if they do.

One thing I wish they had done during the delay is to go into overdrive with code updates; would have helped ensure customers they were still all in despite the ARA issue. There's only ever been a single code update since shipping started, correct?

This is a bummer, man. That's a, that's a bummer.

#3626 7 years ago

I'm also out. I was an early achiever. I got an offer that I couldn't refuse. I still completely believe in this project and will hop back in immediately (if any units are available) once production starts back up.

Good luck guys and gals. I really am hoping good info breaks at TPF or hopefully before!!

Cheers!

Brian

#3627 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

One thing I wish they had done during the delay is to go into overdrive with code updates; would have helped ensure customers they were still all in despite the ARA issue. There's only ever been a single code update since shipping started, correct?

Agreed. As long as this game was in development, it should have shipped with complete code. There is just no excuse for anything else.

#3628 7 years ago

So not a peep yet from DP on any of this or in response to the various statements made by ARA? Man I really want this game and have admittedly cancelled my order and got my refund. I hope for the best but suspect the worst here....

#3629 7 years ago

Seems like the only people who complain about code are those that haven't their machines yet or cancelled their preorder.

#3630 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

So not a peep yet from DP on any of this or in response to the various statements made by ARA? Man I really want this game and have admittedly cancelled my order and got my refund. I hope for the best but suspect the worst here....

I was bugging DP almost daily for a bit...backed off a little...bugged them again yesterday, and they said no new news to report. I heard from someone else that they will explain everything at TPF...so, I'm just gonna hang back and see what transpires there before I decide on my next course of action.

#3631 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was bugging DP almost daily for a bit...backed off a little...bugged them again yesterday, and they said no new news to report. I heard from someone else that they will explain everything at TPF...so, I'm just gonna hang back and see what transpires there before I decide on my next course of action.

Given the blatant lies and obvious disconnect between ARA claims and DP claims, can we even trust any statement coming out of DP at TPF?

The only REAL solid info would be a combined statement by ARA and DP that both have signed off on and agreed to. Otherwise it just continues to be "he said she said"

#3632 7 years ago
Quoted from wellarmed:

Seems like the only people who complain about code are those that haven't their machines yet or cancelled their preorder.

Wrong - some Pinside owners already noted the lack of programming and ensuing boredom with code as it stands. Some admitted to not wanting to play it further until the software improves.

There are many of us on the sidelines awaiting - the improved code AND the ARA matter to be sorted. But these are two separate issues. Not continuing the development and release of code impacts more than just those currently with a machine. It disincentivizes future players and potential sales. I expect these issues will take a while to be resolved. Settle back and tap a keg.

#3633 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This has been my plan since all this news broke. Wait and see what comes out of TPF. My wife will be about 2 wks from her due date or I would go.

#3634 7 years ago

wait, how incomplete is the code for TBL ? are we talking stern incomplete ?

#3635 7 years ago
Quoted from wellarmed:

And? I don't see anything wrong with being concerned with code progression. Some people have been waiting 3 years for this machine to ship. KISS 2.0 code may be incomplete, but at least I can physically put one in my house right now. I can't say the same for TBL.

I hope Jaap explains how he plans to refund preorder customers who are tired of waiting for TBL. I should be able to put my money towards a pin that's shipping.

As much as I love state fairs, Tex-Mex, and BBQ, we shouldn't have to travel to Dallas or hop on Pinside to get an update on our $8,500 investment that was due (and expected) quite some time ago. This is what bothers me the most about DP.

#3636 7 years ago

Does anyone really think DP will actually present at TPF? How was their presentation/seminar at the 2016 PiNbAlL ExPO?

#3637 7 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

wait, how incomplete is the code for TBL ? are we talking stern incomplete ?

.48 is obviously incomplete but I wouldn't call it incomplete like say Wheel of Fortune or original Cactus Canyon incomplete. I think it's just that the game has quite a few shots and modes that could be included that I would say the code is maybe 10% complete. However, that 10% or so is pretty damn fun. That being said, you can't stack multi-balls and the only extended modes really involve the upper playfield and the car. The possibilities are endless and at this point I would say Dialed In has a much more robust code than TBL. But, I like the playfield of TBL better which is saying a lot as I have a very early pre-order on DI. Hope that helps.

#3638 7 years ago

I admittedly come off as grumpy, but just want DP to communicate more openly. We are their lifeline should they ever announce/launch game #2.

They're great at designing, but not-so-good with transparency.

#3639 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Does anyone really think DP will actually present at TPF? How was their presentation/seminar at the 2016 PiNbAlL ExPO?

"This is our concern Dude."

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

I for one have concerns - given not only their non-appearance at 2016 Expo, but their subsequent complete lack of info provided. I've been disappointed many times over the past three years after assuming that DP would be providing some news of significant progression on TBL at the "next" show that they were going to be at.

#3640 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

To some degree, I find their limited response reassuring and consistent with how a responsible party involved in prospective legal action behaves. As opposed to morons who type out poorly thought but legally admissible statements on internet forums.

Could be just old-fashioned take-the-money-and-run, but I don't think that's consistent with DP behavior. And so much money has already been sunk into this that all the parties involved should have a large incentive to work this out, invest the relatively little more effort required to make more pins, and reap the crop.

So unhappy, but not pitchforky yet.

#3641 7 years ago

Still a long waiting list at cointaker... cant be to many people worried.

#3642 7 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

To some degree, I find their limited response reassuring and consistent with how a responsible party involved in prospective legal action behaves.

To some degree ... yes. However, do we know that DP is even actually involved in a legal action yet???

Along with numerous other "early achievers", I have invested $8,500 in TBL and stood behind DP faithfully for nearly three years now, and in turn have typically received infrequent semi-updates throughout that time, have been disappointed to find that previously promised features won't be delivered after all, discovered via a second party (and apparently confirmed by DP) that we've been outright lied to regarding our games that were supposed to have shipped last fall, and now have been simply told by DP that they're trying to work things out and we'll have to wait to find out more until Jaap appears at the TPF show.

In the meantime, DP still has my money and I still have no TBL, no information, and no real choice but to continue to hope that they can get their shit together. ARGH.

#3643 7 years ago

Just now checked the TPF site and DP is still scheduled for 3pm Saturday... I can't imagine they would still remain on the schedule to appear and not have a positive update. That's an awful long way to travel to say, "Hey guys, no new information yet".

-Steve

#3644 7 years ago

fotolia_24670761_xs (resized).jpgfotolia_24670761_xs (resized).jpg

#3645 7 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

To some degree, I find their limited response reassuring and consistent with how a responsible party involved in prospective legal action behaves. As opposed to morons who type out poorly thought but legally admissible statements on internet forums.
Could be just old-fashioned take-the-money-and-run, but I don't think that's consistent with DP behavior. And so much money has already been sunk into this that all the parties involved should have a large incentive to work this out, invest the relatively little more effort required to make more pins, and reap the crop.
So unhappy, but not pitchforky yet.

Your profile pic makes me read your posts in Alfred Hitchcock's voice (while his theme music plays in my head).

#3646 7 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

Just now checked the TPF site and DP is still scheduled for 3pm Saturday... I can't imagine they would still remain on the schedule to appear and not have a positive update. That's an awful long way to travel to say, "Hey guys, no new information yet".
-Steve

They were on the Pinball Expo schedule including the giant ones on easels at the hotel until they got crossed off a few hours prior to their session start time. Afterwards, the website version was changed

To be fair, there were other changes to the schedule. Mr. Personality comes to mind......

#3647 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Still a long waiting list at cointaker... cant be to many people worried.

really...ask the 150+ customers who have paid in full direct to DP.

#3648 7 years ago

Huge difference between handing CT $1,000 and being on a waiting list versus paying DP in full $8500.

Those that paid DP in full have to hang in there and see what happens. Virtually no options.

Those with $1,000 at CT can ask for their money back at any time, or slide the $1,000 over to another game (which was my choice).

I truly feel for the guys that paid in full to DP. Crappy situation.

#3649 7 years ago

There are paid in full preorders with DP greater than $8,500 because of price increases during the preorder period.

I jumped in at the end and paid more because of the increase as well as chrome and rug upgrade being a $500 option.

Hindsight says that I'd have been better off putting $1,000 down with Cointaker, especially since I could have invested the money and been that much further ahead. Normally, I'm excited when I buy something cool, but those emotions faded away a long, long time ago.

Then again, I haven't bought anything...I've fully paid for a promise that I hope will be fulfilled.

#3650 7 years ago

Being local and friends with Barry I paid Barry a personal visit this week, shared a meal and had a lengthy discussion with him on this topic.

What I can share is my true feeling that DP is in the right and ARA in the wrong. Have got a lot of inside details supporting my opinion that ARA has been changing the rules during the game against contract and normal business ethics. So DP is now caught in this bad situation which is not easily solved and certainly not overnight.

What I also saw was a person who is, with Jaap, working hard to find a solution for this bad situation. This will need time however. This is also the reason for lack of news. There is just nothing new to report besides the info which has been shared already (eg. another CM, researching legal ways against ARA). You can imagine that both options need time and posting on public forums is not always the best for the case. You cant expect them to disclose all details in public. This would not be wise.

As I mentioned earlier, both Jaap & Barry are true pinball lovers who want to make this happen. Yes, we do have our hard-earned money on the line but not only they have also personal money on the line, it is also their dream who is at stake. This combo is what they are fighting for and hard. Am I 100% sure it will all end well? No, this would be not realistic. But, I am 100% confident DP is trying their best to overcome the bad situation caused by ARA and they have a good shot. The Dutch CM they are talking to is a local well-known name with a good rep, deep pockets and much bigger as ARA. If they take on this case they have the capacity to act quickly, Not only TBL design is ready ofcourse but also design pin 2 is finalized. The lawyer they have is very confident on this case but legal ways cost time and capital.

What's the above worth? For me everything and for you perhaps nothing as it are 'just' words but I wanted to share it anyway. Jaap is going to TPF so approach him there and I hope you will get the same feeling as I have.

Regards from a fellow Dutch dude

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/73?hl=gutterballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.