(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,275 posts
  • 860 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 306.
#3401 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Epic burn on Rarehero.

For the record, Rarehero, I did not actually think that eggbert52's veiled reference to your typo was an epic burn. My sarcasm appears to have slipped by the goalie.

#3402 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

For the record, Rarehero, I did not actually think that eggbert52's veiled reference to your typo was an epic burn. My sarcasm appears to have slipped by the goalie.

A blood pressure raising post maybe but you're right, definitely not an epic burn.

#3403 7 years ago

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#3404 7 years ago

I wonder if Gary Stern ever saw post 38 in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lebowski-presentation-at-expo#post-1975499

He has to be laughing at the current DPB situation. Then again, when he walked away from TBL, he probably knew it wasn't serious competition. But he, like most of us liked the bowling alley toy.

#3405 7 years ago

That video is well worth another watch.

#3406 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That video is well worth another watch.
» YouTube video

Gary with a mixed drink in his hand; it never gets old.

#3407 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Mmmm....yeah, so - yeah...I don't want to "sit back and watch". I want FACTS. I want to know why my game has been held hostage for ~5 months. I want to know at what point the relationship completely broke. I want to know if there have been talks within that time period or if they were just waiting each other out. Dutch claims ARA is breaching contract...I want to know if they've lawyered up. If not, why not, and when? I want to know who they're talking to to take over from ARA. I want to know what happens to the games sitting at ARA if they find someone new.
I want to know EVERYTHING so I can make an informed decision about how to proceed further on my end.

There's a fairly serious contract dispute, which almost certainly isn't going to resolve itself without at very least the threat of legal action.

I think you know enough to realise that what you want from DP - full disclosure - is absolutely not going to, or at least shouldn't happen, at this juncture.

#3408 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Regarding DPB, which is the focus of this thread;
The girls they had prancing around Expo with the postcards with the COuNtdown clock were a nice touch. Then the Phil show which was the most professional piece of PR never. Then the private party on the top floor suite. All for 300 machines. Sure they're coming to TPF... to promote DPB #2. Take my money. Fat fcuking chance.

Let's hope it's not another beloved theme....

#3409 7 years ago

Hey guys, let's stop the personal attacks. I'm on my way to work and won't be able to wade through the last few pages of this thread right now but just in passing I see a lot of mean spirited posting that should not be happening.

I or another mod will look at these posts today but in the mean time can we stop attacking each other? Thanks.

#3411 7 years ago

I just spoke with Melissa at Coin Taker. I called her with every intention of asking for a refund. However, I decided to hang in there for the following reasons:
First, Melissa claims that only two people have asked for refunds and their spots were immediately filled by those on the waiting list. She also claims that there are still people on the waiting list that would gladly take my spot. Secondly, she claims that ARA is impossible to deal with. Even if DP paid the extra $1,000, there were still unreasonable demands ARA was making. Thirdly, she hinted that possibly a company here in the states could possibly get involved (please don't be Stern, please don't be Stern!). Finally, I personally picked a very nice TZ yesterday, so waiting a while for TBL is just fine with me. I did let Melissa know that the lack of communication from everyone involved is quite disappointing, though I thanked her for always taking the time to visit. Just a quick update for what it's worth.

#3412 7 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

I just spoke with Melissa at Coin Taker. I called her with every intention of asking for a refund. However, I decided to hang in there for the following reasons:
First, Melissa claims that only two people have asked for refunds and their spots were immediately filled by those on the waiting list. She also claims that there are still people on the waiting list that would gladly take my spot. Secondly, she claims that ARA is impossible to deal with. Even if DP paid the extra $1,000, there were still unreasonable demands ARA was making. Thirdly, she hinted that possibly a company here in the states could possibly get involved (please don't be Stern, please don't be Stern!). Finally, I personally picked a very nice TZ yesterday, so waiting a while for TBL is just fine with me. I did let Melissa know that the lack of communication from everyone involved is quite disappointing, though I thanked her for always taking the time to visit. Just a quick update for what it's worth.

Thanks for the update. I was ready to move my deposit to a new machine, but thought I'd wait a couple of weeks since Cointaker is holding my deposit, anyway. Your update makes me think I should hang in for a couple of months to see how things progress.

#3413 7 years ago

Thirdly, she hinted that possibly a company here in the states could possibly get involved (please don't be Stern, please don't be Stern!)

Common sense says American Pinball

#3414 7 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Common sense says American Pinball

There is one pinball machine company, possibly two, that is producing games at scale in the states; Stern and JJP. There are CMs like CGC that have some experience as well.

Everyone has pros/cons. Ultimately what I would hope so is working with someone who has produced games at scale, ideally not just a boutique operation, and certainly not one that just was founded months ago and never has released a title.

#3416 7 years ago

Thirdly, she hinted that possibly a company here in the states could possibly get involved (please don't be Stern, please don't be Stern!)

I imagine another company would be used to produce new boards correct? Did she say something to make you immediately think Stern? Stern doesn't produce boards right?

#3417 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Stern doesn't produce boards right?

Not in house - but Stern designs electronics along with some manufacturing partner.

Producing and assembling PCB boards is a commodity task that is outsourced by virtually everyone because its not cost effective to do it yourself if component assembly is not one of your main focuses.

The engineering of the system is something you want to keep closer to the chest... build? Contract out without even blinking.

#3418 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Not in house - but Stern designs electronics along with some manufacturing partner.
Producing and assembling PCB boards is a commodity task that is outsourced by virtually everyone because its not cost effective to do it yourself if component assembly is not one of your main focuses.
The engineering of the system is something you want to keep closer to the chest... build? Contract out without even blinking.

I figured that was how it worked.

#3419 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I imagine another company would be used to produce new boards correct? Did she say something to make you immediately think Stern? Stern doesn't produce boards right?

I would imagine they could revert back to the original PROC designs. I believe the latest designs use a PROC plugged into the big under playfield PCBs. This should let the code stay essentially the same and then they would just have different assembly instructions.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#3420 7 years ago

I did let Melissa know that the lack of communication from everyone involved is quite disappointing, though I thanked her for always taking the time to visit. Just a quick update for what it's worth.

I'm pretty sure that DP posting in a public forum will do nothing to help resolve this situation. Wether resolution happens between the two parties or in court a data dump here will be to DP's disadvantage.

#3421 7 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Weather resolution happens between the two parties or in court a data dump here will be to DP's disadvantage.

"Weather resolution happens???" How are people supposed to take your opinion seriously? I'm like really??

#3422 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm like really??

I bet you can't even.

#3423 7 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

I'm pretty sure that DP posting in a public forum will do nothing to help resolve this situation. Weather resolution happens between the two parties or in court a data dump here will be to DP's disadvantage.

Clearly DP and ARA are deep in a dispute and cannot discuss things. But, others in the know can drop and update now and again. It's all good. Hang in there and see what happens.

#3424 7 years ago

IMG_0301 (resized).PNGIMG_0301 (resized).PNG

#3425 7 years ago

Clearly DP and ARA are deep in a dispute and cannot discuss things. But, others in the know can drop and update now and again. It's all good. Hang in there and see what happens.

It sounds like Melissa just did exactly that.

#3426 7 years ago

IMG_3951 (resized).JPGIMG_3951 (resized).JPG

#3427 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

"Weather resolution happens???" How are people supposed to take your opinion seriously? I'm like really??

I'll take the opinion of someone who misspells a word or uses poor grammar over one who condescends to make himself feel superior.

#3428 7 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

I'll take the opinion of someone who misspells a word or uses poor grammar over one who condescends to make himself feel superior.

Eye uhgree!

#3429 7 years ago

What a Horror Story!

Sorry for all supporters and there lost Money

BOP 2.0 was already a disaster in organization/handling and it was just a PC + speakerpanel

#3430 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

What a Horror Story!
Sorry for all supporters and there lost Money

Now that is a premature conclusion. I would wait and see what happens. This may take some time, but I hope they can work it out, as this is in general not good for pinball.

#3431 7 years ago

Easy Question. Those factory vids we saw along the way. Where were those filmed?
Mof

#3432 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Easy Question. Those factory vids we saw along the way. Where were those filmed?
Mof

Pretty sure that was at ARA.

#3433 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Mof

I made them and they were shot at the Ara facilities in a city called Aalten.

Ara Website http://nl.www.ara-aalten.nl

Here also DP clearly mentioned the production facility is ARA http://www.dutchpinball.com/contact

So hope this ends the false story about DP claiming to own a factory. ARA is contracted by DP to built the TBL. Not only boards but complete product.

#3434 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I made them and they were shot at the Ara facilities in a city called Aalten.
Ara Website http://nl.www.ara-aalten.nl
Here also DP clearly mentioned the production facility is ARA http://www.dutchpinball.com/contact
So hope this ends the false story about DP claiming to own a factory. ARA is contracted by DP to built the TBL. Not only boards but complete product.

Oh I didn't know that. That makes this conflict sound more serious.

#3435 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

BOP 2.0 was already a disaster in organization/handling and it was just a PC + speakerpanel

Actually it was a bit more than that. Speaker panel, LCD display panel, new speakers, amplifier, P-ROC board, mini-PC, startup/shutdown controller plus the various cables.

#3436 7 years ago

Well DP - you lost another customer today! My order has been cancelled.

You're inability to communicate with your customers is a slap in the face to the people who have supported you.

Best of luck to all Dudes on getting your games!

#3437 7 years ago

I do think it's all going to work out eventually. I was taught my expensive lesson about paying in full up front many years ago by a tile installer. It's kept me out of trouble ever since, but i must admit, I was pretty damn pissed about it back then. I'm deposit only so I'm not pissed about this, but i totally understand how you pre-order guys feel.

#3438 7 years ago

I never thought Alien (or even Magic Girl) would ship before TBL preorders.

I just hope the code progresses to near or final completion during this down time.

#3439 7 years ago

still no word from DP after this fiasco unfolded is pretty disheartening.....

#3440 7 years ago
Quoted from Gutterballs:

I do think it's all going to work out eventually.

Maybe, maybe not. I think there are actually two issues here. There are the hostage games, which could ship right now if the parties worked their shit out. Then there are the ~200 unbuilt games. Even if they work something out to release the hostage games - will ARA want to build the rest? Probably not, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual with Dutch. So then - can they find someone else to build the rest?

#3441 7 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I never thought Alien (or even Magic Girl) would ship before TBL preorders.

Neither have shipped before the first batch of TBL.

(Not trying to find an excuse for DP)

#3442 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So then - can they find someone else to build the rest?

Even then, I can't see it being a smooth process. You're lucky because your machine is mostly likely already assembled and packed. They just need to ship it whereas we don't know when #100-#300 will be completed.

Someone mentioned they're still waiting on a bowling mech replacement. I hope this isn't an indication of the challenges we will face in the future with any "not-off-the-shelf" replacement parts. Communication from DP is already bad enough.

#3443 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Neither have shipped before the first batch of TBL.
(Not trying to find an excuse for DP)

Agree. Magic Girl only consists of 25 games but you get my point. I'll be bummed if Planetary, Spooky, or even Stern announce and ship a new game before we receive our TBLs. Life is too short, so I'd like to be alive if/when they get around to shipping this game. I wouldn't feel so strongly if they provided consistent communication or didn't collect full payment way in advance.

#3444 7 years ago

So has anyone done the math on how much these delays are impacting the business plan? What is DP's cash churn rate? Do they even have an office outside a principal's residence? I sure hope they are still selling BOP2.0's. The idea of idling your entire business for 4 months at this key time in the product release should be very disturbing.

#3445 7 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Someone mentioned they're still waiting on a bowling mech replacement. I hope this isn't an indication of the challenges we will face in the future with any "not-off-the-shelf" replacement parts. Communication from DP is already bad enough.

Didn't you expect this? It's a new private company making it's first pin. There was always a high chance this was the only pin they would ever make IF they were able to make it.

You're not buying a Stern which has a strong past and future.

#3446 7 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

This is why I canceled my deposit spot. I could have waited another 2 years (or never) or whatever it will now take to get those near #300 (as I was), I didn't need the $1000 and I know I could have gotten my deposit back at any time. But...there were a lot of complaints of issues with the machines and very poor communication from DP that made me decide that I didn't even want the game anymore, despite it being a dream theme and an excellent pin overall.

#3447 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Didn't you expect this? It's a new private company making it's first pin. There was always a high chance this was the only pin they would ever make IF they were able to make it.
You're not buying a Stern which has a strong past and future.

Nobody knows how strong Stern's future is and that includes Stern.

#3448 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

How so? I bought one in the second batch, the process was pretty painless, the wait for manufacture wasn't that long, and the product is great.

#3449 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

That's true but it's definitely stronger than a startup making their first machine with parts, customer service and labor issues.

Not every new pin company is gonna be like Spooky. It's common sense.

#3450 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

We all know that if Stern were to go out of business, it would mean there's not a single manufacturer of pinball machines left. They are as close to a blue chip as we have.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.