(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,141 posts
  • 614 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by goingincirclez
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 938 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ATampT-Wireless-Just-OK-TV-Commercial-Translator (resized).jpg
snafubar.png
Cash Machine (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
248E6180-C5FC-42E0-BFDD-3AF29E6979FF (resized).jpeg
6868685D-D473-48C3-A316-0C505EAE7797 (resized).jpeg
27DE3EF0-6251-4D0A-A589-75AEE0E66D81 (resized).jpeg
869AF936-E13C-4A94-BB35-774886977DCF (resized).jpeg
630402B2-B1CB-4066-AEE0-236A564FB65A (resized).jpeg
E4DFF554-5673-4DDA-B93E-88AC92ADF543 (resized).jpeg
1C08CB09-1027-48C0-86AE-5A3093262C3F (resized).jpeg
EA6D8509-4CEA-4D91-AC18-E7244C457EC4 (resized).jpeg
F6DD9947-56E6-41B7-A6F6-AB8DC98D5D95 (resized).jpeg
5DA182BF-9053-4FAF-B3D9-6D112C43844E (resized).jpeg
laugh_o_meter (resized).jpg
themoreuknow.gif

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 11141 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 223.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Glad to get a glimpse of the challenges at least. Wonder if Phillip Seymour Hoffman's estate is a challenge. With his death still quite fresh they may not be all about putting him on a pinball machine at this moment

55821641.jpg

#252 4 years ago

Quick follow up regarding music....

Music for the game has already been approved as noted in a previous NSN.

They are working on the option (not finalized yet) where you can change the song from the approved music (that is installed with the game) to another track of the approved music so you won't have to hear "looking out my back door" every time you start your first ball.

sharpe.JPG
#253 4 years ago

yeah for songs go back to page 1 of this thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club#post-2174425

includes a youtube compilation of the songs included

#254 4 years ago

Got a mail today from Barry answering the after FAQs query I raised above regarding the ball to pin scale... Barry confirmed that the ball used in the bowling alley is the same as a regular ball AND it's in scale with the pins... or should I say: the pins have been scaled against the regular pinball ball... He sent the attached pic to illustrate this (got his permission to post it here)

pin and ball scale comparison.jpg
#255 4 years ago

Nice attention to detail. I wouldn't expect anything less though, whatever drama happened I still believe this is an awesome game.

#256 4 years ago

I hope they add metal ramp protectors.I didn't see them on the proto's.

#257 4 years ago

Very happy that this thread isn't filled with negative comments. I'll never understand internet trolls...

This will be my first pin and I couldn't be more happy to see all of the progress and attention to detail on this machine. I may explode from excitement before this pin even shows up at my door.

I have a few questions that are a bit off topic: Can anyone suggest any websites or resources I can read up on for owning a pinball machine? Are there any specialized tools or parts I should consider buying ahead of time?

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from el_duderino:

Very happy that this thread isn't filled with negative comments. I'll never understand internet trolls...
This will be my first pin and I couldn't be more happy to see all of the progress and attention to detail on this machine. I may explode from excitement before this pin even shows up at my door.
I have a few questions that are a bit off topic: Can anyone suggest any websites or resources I can read up on for owning a pinball machine? Are there any specialized tools or parts I should consider buying ahead of time?

Duderino....(like the name)....I wouldn't worry too much about tools and such right now...just relax and get ready for the party to start. We should be seeing an update in the next couple of weeks...and yes, you may explode.

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from el_duderino:

Can anyone suggest any websites or resources I can read up on for owning a pinball machine?

You should check out this awesome site called Pinside.

Seriously, do some searches here, everything you could possibly want to know has been discussed in depth.

For instance, just a search for tools:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-favorite-tool

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/complete-tool-kits

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-tools-parts-kit

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-in-your-tool-kit

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-up-your-ultimate-shopping-out-a-pin-tool

Tons of really valuable info in there for the taking.

#260 4 years ago

I would just add, since it is a new game, you prob won't need a ton of tools. However a couple things:
- This game is likely to be metric vs all the other games that were made in USA. Will prob need a different set of nut drivers than the rest.
- IF you look at other threads of brand new in box games and see some people finding problems right out of the box. This is the norm.. doesn't matter which company, or how much money you spent, but these are complex electro-mechanical devices that, in our case especially, have to travel via container then by truck to our houses. Hopefully it is minimal, would pay attention here, see if there's any common issues that come up as other people unbox. But, anyway.. don't panic if it isn't 100% out of the box Keeping an eye on the BOP2.0 threads, DP seems on the ball helping people out, and we'll of course help each other out.

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Duderino....(like the name)....

(if you're not into the whole brevity thing.)

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I would just add, since it is a new game, you prob won't need a ton of tools. However a couple things:
- This game is likely to be metric vs all the other games that were made in USA. Will prob need a different set of nut drivers than the rest.

Thought I read somewhere it will be US sized nuts and bolts just like any other game.

#263 4 years ago

Interesting, they do have somewhere they are using mostly Williams/bally parts so I could see the mechs and stuff being imperial unit. Guess can tack that on to another FAQ in the future

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Guess can tack that on to another FAQ in the future

FAQs round 2 coming up!!

1) Are you adding metal ramp protectors?
2) Imperial or metric fasteners?

#265 4 years ago

Hey Guys....

No protectors on the ramps....from testing, there are no ball hits that strike the front of the ramp.

Fasteners will be both....but to be clear, Flipper assemblies and wear out parts will be off the shelf Imperial. Any of the fasteners that are metric will be easily available at a hardware store.

#266 4 years ago

Cliffy!.Get to work on the prototype at Cointaker.I think the entrance of the ramp plastic is finalized.I will be a mess if I don't have ramp protectors on a 9k game.You can never predict a pinball's movement.I rather be protected then shell out the money for new ramps.

#267 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

No protectors on the ramps....from testing, there are no ball hits that strike the front of the ramp.

But the ramps get damaged from ricochet shots off the opposite leading edge of the ramp/post/target/whatever is in front of the ramp entry wall, don't they... not necessarily by direct hits to the front of the ramp...

#268 4 years ago

Anyone think we would of seen the day where Phil's meltdown is relatively minor vs everything else that's happened since Jan? Man. And in the same light, not sure DP would of made it through if it happened today as there's even less tolerance for missteps.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Anyone think we would of seen the day where Phil's meltdown is relatively minor vs everything else that's happened since Jan? Man. And in the same light, not sure DP would of made it through if it happened today as there's even less tolerance for missteps.

I hear ya! I'm happy so far to have chosen TBL versus the rest. But, our game has not shipped yet. There is no better time than the present for Dutch Pinball to have the most open / communication that they have ever had. Not that they haven't... (the last New Shit Newsletter was really good)!

Brian

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Hey Guys....
Fasteners will be both....but to be clear, Flipper assemblies and wear out parts will be off the shelf Imperial. Any of the fasteners that are metric will be easily available at a hardware store.

I have asked Barry this months ago and the answer at that moment was yes, there will be protectors.

Apparently testing afterwards has proven not required? As I am Always very protective about my pins (they all have Cliffy's for instance), I am still hoping for them

#271 4 years ago

Not 'the' dude but a dude

IMG_20150529_082600.jpg
#272 4 years ago

What was the original pre-order price? Like first people in price?

Thanks!

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

What was the original pre-order price? Like first people in price?
Thanks!

$8500 (plus chrome trim, Lebowski rug, and "Acheiver plaque" if you stuck with it thru Philgate)

#274 4 years ago

then up to 8995 + 500 for chrome legs and rug? + shipping?

#275 4 years ago

Hi Burningman. Should we be expecting another NSNL very soon?

#276 4 years ago

I have slight indication there is being worked on a new NSNL and it will be promising...

#277 4 years ago

I almost wish I wouldn't have read that.. now I can't wait.

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

a new NSNL and it will be promising

"promising" or epic in nature?! I'm hoping for some epicness.

I'm taking wagers whether I get my TBL, Hobbit or AMH first. I sold a bunch of games I love in preparation and the spots in my lineup are killing me. Someone deliver!

WAY disappointed TBL won't be making an appearance at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown here next weekend. Every other new game will be here! :-/

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Hi Burningman. Should we be expecting another NSNL very soon?

Yes...hopefully next week, they are working on it now...

#280 4 years ago

I wonder what will be promising.

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

I have slight indication there is being worked on a new NSNL and it will be promising...

Hopefully, "true serial number" notifications will be sent soon given that pre-ordering ended two months ago.

Quoted from bemmett:

WAY disappointed TBL won't be making an appearance at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown here next weekend. Every other new game will be here! :-/

I know the feeling. The NW Pinball Show (which started today) has Kiss, Hobbit, and a prototype Magic Girl, but no Big Lebowski.

Very disappointing as I was hoping to finally see it in person.

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Hopefully, "true serial number" notifications will be sent soon given that pre-ordering ended two months ago.

I know the feeling. The NW Pinball Show (which started today) has Kiss, Hobbit, and a prototype Magic Girl, but no Big Lebowski.
Very disappointing as I was hoping to finally see it in person.

#283 4 years ago

Thanks for that response Burningman! I am excited to see the update. One thing that you might be able to answer. Will there be different shipping options in the US for delivery and installation, e.g. Transfer up second floor and full install?

#284 4 years ago

If anyone is looking for a refund id be happy to buy their place in line.

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from eightbitbanjo:

If anyone is looking for a refund id be happy to buy their place in line.

Well like uh... I don't think that's allowed man.

#286 4 years ago

You can better ask yourself if there would be one who is even considering selling...

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Will there be different shipping options in the US for delivery and installation, e.g. Transfer up second floor and full install?

I know the guys are working out the details regarding US delivery. The distributors would be the ones to make a "white glove" type of delivery available and I am sure we will see communication regarding that when the time comes.

#288 4 years ago

Anyone know of there will be one at Pintastic?

#289 4 years ago

burningman, I just learned that since my photography studio is in an industrial building, there's a lot lower cost to deliver to it since we have a loading dock that semi rigs can pull up to to offload. For my AMH three of us are having ours shipped there and it's saving a lot of money on the delivery. Could we do something similar for our TBLs? I know at least three folks here who are getting them in San Francisco if not more...

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from genex:

burningman, I just learned that since my photography studio is in an industrial building, there's a lot lower cost to deliver to it since we have a loading dock that semi rigs can pull up to to offload. For my AMH three of us are having ours shipped there and it's saving a lot of money on the delivery. Could we do something similar for our TBLs? I know at least three folks here who are getting them in San Francisco if not more...

They can dump mine on the side of the road if it gets it here quicker, I'll figure it out from there.

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

Anyone know of there will be one at Pintastic?

Coin taker is supposed to have one at Pintastic New England.

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Hey Genex, hope you are doing well. Hey man, I have not been told (officially) who will be distributing the early achiever machines, but my understanding is delivery and type of delivery will be handled by that distributor. I am sure there will be some sort of delivery options.

I'm getting pretty stoked about our next NSN, hopefully it won't be long now....

#293 4 years ago

Really hoping we get a NSNL today, it would be a great end to the week.

#294 4 years ago

^^^^^^^
YES, PLEASE!

#295 4 years ago

Does this still seem likely Burningman?

#296 4 years ago

acronym check...
nsn?
-mof

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

acronym check...
nsn?
-mof

No Shit Newsletter.

The title of the updates DP has been sending out.

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

He thumbs upped the prior 2 posts if that means anything.

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Very.................

#300 4 years ago

check your mail

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 21.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 49.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Hardware
CPR Playfields
There are 11141 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 223.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside