(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,275 posts
  • 860 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 306.
#2751 7 years ago

I think I was one of the last cointaker preorders. If we're not even up to 60 yet, I'm expecting mine around 2021. It's been really quiet since the whole bad board issue thing... have there been any further updates or are DP still on vacation?

#2752 7 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Also I'm looking for a TBL, if someone is looking to sell

Ok, $9600 takes it . Ok just kidding

#2753 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I think I was one of the last cointaker preorders. If we're not even up to 60 yet, I'm expecting mine around 2021.

I'm holding steady with my pre-order for now but have to admit that it looks like it's going to take a lot longer than even my most pessimistic delivery estimate. If I'm still waiting for TBL and Alien is shipping in quantity with good reviews I may jump ship.

#2754 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I'm holding steady with my pre-order for now but have to admit that it looks like it's going to take a lot longer than even my most pessimistic delivery estimate. If I'm still waiting for TBL and Alien is shipping in quantity with good reviews I may jump ship.

I'm in the same boat - waiting...but not forever. I'd really like TBL, but if they can't crank out the machines at a decent clip, it's not likely that the company will stay in business. Hopefully, they'll be able to ramp up production in the next month or two.

#2755 7 years ago

Yeah, we really need a newsletter to explain what's going on, and another code update.

#2756 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Yeah, we really need a newsletter to explain what's going on, and another code update.

I have emailed Dutch Pinball today.
Hopefully will get some kind of answer tomorrow.
Fingers crossed.

#2757 7 years ago

I'd like to get an update as well.

#2758 7 years ago

Well no response to the email I sent DP.
Maybe tomorrow.

#2759 7 years ago

I sent one as well to Barry about an hour ago...

#2760 7 years ago

Starting late December to today, I have sent one email to Barry, one to support, and this morning one to Jaap. None have been answered.

Brian

#2761 7 years ago

It's a bit disheartening to see them build up so much momentum and then kind of fall off the map. Not a big fan of all these stories of radio silence. I'm new to the game so I still have tremendous faith. I'll wait for as long as it takes if it feels like the support is there. Will feel much better once I hear about that second container going out!

#2762 7 years ago

I did get a response from Barry...but it was a relatively generic "update soon".

#2763 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I did get a response from Barry...but it was a relatively generic "update soon".

I only put my deposit down recently, though I understand why those who committed a long time ago are antsy.

Since the purchase is being made through a distributor, I would think it would be more adventageous to express concerns or put processor on the party that is accountable for delivering the goods. The distributor is on the hook for a lot of machines and has more leverage that the individual user - in most businesses. If I end up with serious concerns or questions I'll call Melissa at Cointaker. I've purchased a total of zero new machines and this is my first experience, so I'm not claiming to be an expert, just wondering why, in general, there's so much reliance on going directly to the manufacturer (with Stern, too) instead of holding the distributor accountable.

#2764 7 years ago

I did not buy from a distributor. I purchased directly from DP. And this road has not been all duckies and bunnies.

Brian

Edit: I do realize there are others here that have been in a much worse situation than this with the Jpoop and Predator orders.

#2765 7 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

I only put my deposit down recently, though I understand why those who committed a long time ago are antsy.
Since the purchase is being made through a distributor, I would think it would be more adventageous to express concerns or put processor on the party that is accountable for delivering the goods. The distributor is on the hook for a lot of machines and has more leverage that the individual user - in most businesses. If I end up with serious concerns or questions I'll call Melissa at Cointaker. I've purchased a total of zero new machines and this is my first experience, so I'm not claiming to be an expert, just wondering why, in general, there's so much reliance on going directly to the manufacturer (with Stern, too) instead of holding the distributor accountable.

I bought it through Dutch Pinball, but I have spoken to Cointaker. They haven't heard anything about when the next container is supposed to ship. Even if I had ordered through them - I'm not sure the answer would have been different.

#2766 7 years ago

For what it is is worth I had Barry on the phone this past weekend for help with some "issues" on my game(not really related to the game not functioning, just some replacement parts I wanted), so he is indeed alive.

I did ask him at the time about the bad boards and he had said it was resolved and the games were getting updated, not sure I got any specific timeframe however, so I apologize. Also the new code should be dropping soon, they were fixing a few bugs and thought it would be released soon.

I completely agree with most in here, they need more public communication especially to people who have orders pending. I have voiced this to them many times and hope the communication gets better, it truly is an awesome game and the potential of it once the code is completed is SO exciting, I hope more get to experience it soon! Until then.......................................
CjZJaB (resized).jpgCjZJaB (resized).jpg

#2767 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

For what it is is worth I had Barry on the phone this past weekend for help with some "issues" on my game(not really related to the game not functioning, just some replacement parts I wanted), so he is indeed alive.
I did ask him at the time about the bad boards and he had said it was resolved and the games were getting updated, not sure I got any specific timeframe however, so I apologize. Also the new code should be dropping soon, they were fixing a few bugs and thought it would be released soon.
I completely agree with most in here, they need more public communication especially to people who have orders pending. I have voiced this to them many times and hope the communication gets better, it truly is an awesome game and the potential of it once the code is completed is SO exciting, I hope more get to experience it soon! Until then.......................................

Hey, man. Really appreciate you taking the time to shoot us the update. As you said, really wish they would do this more often.

Brian

#2768 7 years ago

Has anyone else, other than Bemmett, heard back from Barry or Jaap by email? I messaged them this week and so far no response. I'm hoping that everyone is working extra/ busy to get new boards in and tested for release

#2769 7 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Has anyone else, other than Bemmett, heard back from Barry or Jaap by email? I messaged them this week and so far no response. I'm hoping that everyone is working extra/ busy to get new boards in and tested for release

.....crickets

#2770 7 years ago

If Burningman is around - have you heard any other details?

#2771 7 years ago

I am slowly starting to lose interest.

#2772 7 years ago

Well have not heard back yet from DP.
Sent email on Sunday of this week.
Maybe Burningman can enlighten us on the reason for lack of communication lately.
Update coming really doesn't cut it.

#2773 7 years ago

Get a beverage, nothing is f@cked here.

#2774 7 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Get a beverage, nothing is f@cked here.

Its kinda fucked. They have had us 'Achievers' money for over 2 years and production seems to be at a standstill.

I will stay optimistic for a little longer and then #112 might go to the highest bidder.

All of this would be totally fine if they would just communicate. They are doing a bad job in that department.

#2775 7 years ago

Piss poor communication caused me to spend money elsewhere. Would have been cool to have one.

#2776 7 years ago

Piss poor communication will certainly make me think twice before purchasing game number two from them. They have had our money long enough. The least they could do is update us or return emails.

Brian

#2777 7 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Piss poor communication will certainly make me think twice before purchasing game number two from them. They have had our money long enough. The least they could do is update us or return emails.
Brian

Exactly!
I'm in it for the long haul just would like to know where there at!
They could at least return emails and give us an update.
Not asking a lot here.
If I never returned emails to my customers I would have no customers very quickly and would have a difficult time selling those customers in the future.

#2778 7 years ago

It's very undude like! Come on Dutch, you can't be on holiday for two months. I've got these ready to go and working on a pot pipe mod...

72e7062815eb960b0ea22ce32f9b6cfb24779bd0.jpg72e7062815eb960b0ea22ce32f9b6cfb24779bd0.jpg

#2779 7 years ago

I ignored my credit card balances in college. It didn't work out well.

#2780 7 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

If Burningman is around - have you heard any other details?

I'm here, wish I had more news....

As many of you know I have been testing the .47 code. The game was played straight through for 2 full days without any real malfunctions. I have been in contact with Koen regarding the bugs I found and I can tell you, he was heads down and working on getting it cleaned up for release.

My opinion and perception is that Koen wants to get this code update out asap. But at the same time, wants it to be as as clean as possible. I don't want to speculate on when we will see it, but I would think its going to be soon.

Wish I had more info to share but I don't. Just hoping that my fellow brothers Shamus get their games soon.

#2781 7 years ago

At least it's an ethos....

#2782 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I'm here, wish I had more news....
As many of you know I have been testing the .47 code. The game was played straight through for 2 full days without any real malfunctions. I have been in contact with Koen regarding the bugs I found and I can tell you, he was heads down and working on getting it cleaned up for release.
My opinion and perception is that Koen wants to get this code update out asap. But at the same time, wants it to be as as clean as possible. I don't want to speculate on when we will see it, but I would think its going to be soon.
Wish I had more info to share but I don't. Just hoping that my fellow brothers Shamus get their games soon.

Is it possible they want the most up to date code on the just-sitting-there-built-but-not-shipping games? TALK TO US, DUTCH!!!!

#2783 7 years ago

.45 to .47 seems like a 2% upgrade, if that's how these things work, so I'm not expecting much this time around.

#2784 7 years ago

I looked at the changelog for .46 and .47 and there are a bunch of updates in both. Bugfixes and new features. Koen has been very hard at work on .47 and I understand there are several beta testing this version. Once thing for sure, software is maturing nicely.

Quoted from taz:

.45 to .47 seems like a 2% upgrade, so I'm not expecting much this time around.

#2785 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I looked at the changelog for .46 and .47 and there are a bunch of updates in both. Bugfixes and new features. Koen has been very hard at work on .47 and I understand there are several beta testing this version. Once thing for sure, software is maturing nicely.

Well, having not seen .46 or .47 myself, I'll take your word for it. I also hope there are some more scoop awards soon.

#2786 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Well, having not seen .46 or .47 myself, I'll take your word for it. I also hope there are some more scoop awards soon.

I didn't see any scoop changes on .46 or .47....but car modes are in, scoring is more balanced, Jackpots are easy to see, etc etc. I agree with luvthatapex2, its coming along nicely.

#2787 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I looked at the changelog for .46 and .47

Where can I find the changelog for .46 and .47? This one:http://www.dutchpinball.com/tbl/software/changelog.txt only seems to be through .45

#2788 7 years ago

I played burningman's game a few times with the old code and thought it was a lot of fun, but could see there were unfinished parts like the car. I recently got to put a lot of time on it at magfest with the new code and there are a lot of improvements, the car modes especially. It also stood up to the test being moved around a few times, and getting a lot of plays!

#2789 7 years ago

I'm in on a deposit at the moment but would really love some more open communication. I love everything I've seen and want the game very much but i don't know if it's shipping this quarter or this year....

#2790 7 years ago

Seriously guys, historically DP always waits till they have something substantial to update us with. They could employ a guy/gal full time just to answer emails and calls for updates and people would still complain. They just got back from a month long vacation, are trying to fix production issues and update code. They will update us when they are ready. Their communication has been no worse than any other company who has actually put out a pinball.

#2791 7 years ago

Their communication has been no worse than any other company who has actually put out a pinball.

Hardly. Just look to Spooky for an example that Dutch could emulate. I have been invested in TBL for nearly three years now and their communication has been remarkably poor ever since the Phil debacle.

#2792 7 years ago

...They could employ a guy/gal full time just to answer emails and calls for updates and people would still complain.

Just a thought, but if they sent out an update explaining why they haven't been able to ship any games in the last two months maybe they wouldn't have a bunch of e-mails/calls asking for an update.

#2793 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Hardly. Just look to Spooky for an example that Dutch could emulate. I have been invested in TBL for nearly three years now and their communication has been remarkably poor ever since the Phil debacle.

While I greatly respect and appreciate the level of service they provide, it is far from the norm.

#2794 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Just a thought, but if they sent out an update explaining why they haven't been able to ship any games in the last two months maybe they wouldn't have a bunch of e-mails/calls asking for an update.

They do, just not at the frequency we all would like. Which brings me to my original post, even if they employed someone full time to answer these posts/emails/calls, some people would still not be happy.

Grab a beverage, nothing is fucked here.

#2795 7 years ago

While I greatly respect and appreciate the level of service they provide, it is far from the norm.

Why is the pinball norm acceptable though? I'm not even a preorder customer and I'm pissed for these guys. They are the reason why this company even keeps the lights on and they can't even get regular updates.

Every single pinball company needs to communicate and receive feedback the way spooky does. That should be the norm.

#2796 7 years ago

TBL was my first and last pre-production purchase. I love DP and want them to succeed, but I'm no longer down with the "Bank of Pinside" business model.

#2797 7 years ago

Not excusing the silence, but:

One of the norms in pinball is frequently to outright lie to your customers, often outrageously, and constantly and willfully deceive them.

The crowds seem to love the latter, and begin writing what effectively amount to fan fictions about the product ... until the point that they realise they've been had, and become apopleptic.

Dutch don't do this. You can be glad of that, at least.

I don't have a horse in the race (except BoP 2.0), but the above was one of the factors in determining why I felt I'd be more confident buying NIB from DP than anyone else, after the Dutch Pinball weekend. No stench of bullshit, and no evasiveness (in person) or lies & half truths.

#2798 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I didn't see any scoop changes on .46 or .47....but car modes are in, scoring is more balanced, Jackpots are easy to see, etc etc. I agree with luvthatapex2, its coming along nicely.

As of .045, there's still no earnings audits in the game. When you get a moment, can you check and see if any earnings audits have been added yet?

#2799 7 years ago

Check your mail, 0.48 released

#2800 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Check your mail, 0.48 released

Nice. Could someone post the email? I'd like to read about the update.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.