(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,258 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by TRAMD
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 306.
#201 8 years ago

Just heard from Barry, he's eager to answer all questions and is wants to do a kind of FAQs response, so if there are any more specific questions, get them in

Specific questions so far:

1) How many layers of clear with the playfield get?
2) Is everything now fully approved, e.g. all intended original actors call-outs and music?
3) Any updates on the code?
4) What is the current schedule for the production of the first game?
5) what is the predicted date which DP will have the last of the pre-order games completed and ready to ship?
6) What breakdowns have the prototype games experienced at shows and have they been addressed?
7) Is the design of the bowling alley now complete, or is more testing and development needed to make it reliable?
8 ) What is more important to DP: Getting a game made on schedule or making sure the game is reliable and with complete code? (one that came to my mind).
9) Will there be a flyer produced of the final approved game with a feature-gram?

#202 8 years ago

I'd drop item 8 personally.. Its a political question where you're not going to get anything.

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Just heard from Barry, he's eager to answer all questions and is wants to do a kind of FAQs response, so if there are any more specific questions, get them in

My questions:

1. When will all pre-orderer "true serial numbers" be released by?

2. When can all pre-orderers residing within the 48 continental US states, expect to receive their game by?

3. What % complete (with 100% meaning all bugs addressed and anticipated refinements made) can the code expected to be at the time of delivery?

Thanks.

#204 8 years ago

Do they plan on having location testing for a while?

#205 8 years ago

Specific questions so far:
2) Is everything now fully approved, e.g. all intended original actors call-outs and music?
5) what is the predicted date which DP will have the last of the pre-order games completed and ready to ship?
6) What breakdowns have the prototype games experienced at shows and have they been addressed?
7) Is the design of the bowling alley now complete, or is more testing and development needed to make it reliable?
8 ) What is more important to DP: Getting a game made on schedule or making sure the game is reliable and with complete code? (one that came to my mind).
9) Will there be a flyer produced of the final approved game with a feature-gram?

10) Is DP a double entendre?

(Sorry couldn't help myself - I've been wondering!)

#206 8 years ago

- Is there any warranty on the machine? What are the limitations on it? (I am thinking of putting mine on location since I don't have room in my place for it)

- Is there any network/wifi capabilities or similar tech to BOP2.0 with online scores, etc.?

- Will there be easter eggs like an In-n-Out Burger reference?

- Will there be a Tournament Mode?

#207 8 years ago

Shipping for north America, what's the plan there? I.e., fill a container, send it over , then shipped out by either Scott or Cointaker? And with bop2.0 you shipped to European customers first presumably to try to flesh out problems while can still local; can we expect that again here?

Family mode - care to elaborate. Are you using the TV edits (that are funny), bleeping it out, etc. Available on delivery or going to come later.

#208 8 years ago

Not really a question but I would like to see pics of the factory and games on the line or at least pics of piles of game parts ect.

#209 8 years ago

Will spare parts be made available for sale? I could see things like the rug and the bowling pins taking a beating.

The bowling mech seems like a complicated part of the game. If it breaks, will the game be programmed to bypass that feature during the repair period?

Any chance we could see a rulesheet/ mode diagram?

Whatever happened to the custom pinballs that Geert designed?

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Not really a question but I would like to see pics of the factory and games on the line or at least pics of piles of game parts ect.

Me too!

#211 8 years ago

I feel a NSL newsletter in the very near future(within a week). Let's hope for some awesome updates!

I can neither confirm or deny my source, although it is accurate.

#212 8 years ago

OK, here's a consolidated list for Barry to mull over:

8 ) What is more important to DP: Getting a game made on schedule or making sure the game is reliable and with complete code?
10) When will all pre-orderer "true serial numbers" be released by?
11) When can all pre-orderers residing within the 48 continental US states, expect to receive their game by?
12) What % complete (with 100% meaning all bugs addressed and anticipated refinements made) can the code expected to be at the time of delivery?
13) Do they plan on having location testing for a while?
14) Is there any warranty on the machine? What are the limitations on it?
15) Is there any network/wifi capabilities or similar tech to BOP2.0 with online scores, etc.?
16) Will there be easter eggs like an In-n-Out Burger reference?
17) Will there be a Tournament Mode?
18) Shipping for north America, what's the plan there? I.e., fill a container, send it over , then shipped out by either Scott or Cointaker?
19) With bop2.0 you shipped to European customers first presumably to try to flesh out problems while can still (resolve?) locally, can we expect that again here?
20) Family mode - care to elaborate. Are you using the TV edits (that are funny), bleeping it out, etc. Available on delivery or going to come later.
21) Will spare parts be made available for sale? I could see things like the rug and the bowling pins taking a beating.
22) The bowling mech seems like a complicated part of the game. If it breaks, will the game be programmed to bypass that feature during the repair period?
23) Any chance we could see a rulesheet/ mode diagram?
24) Whatever happened to the custom pinballs that Geert designed?
25) Will it be possible to get a 7/10 split AND then to get a spare from that split?

Looks like Barry will have is work cut out to go through all this

#213 8 years ago

OK, here's a consolidated list for Barry to mull over:
8 ) What is more important to DP: Getting a game made on schedule or making sure the game is reliable and with complete code?
10) When will all pre-orderer "true serial numbers" be released by?
11) When can all pre-orderers residing within the 48 continental US states, expect to receive their game by?
12) What % complete (with 100% meaning all bugs addressed and anticipated refinements made) can the code expected to be at the time of delivery?
13) Do they plan on having location testing for a while?
14) Is there any warranty on the machine? What are the limitations on it?
15) Is there any network/wifi capabilities or similar tech to BOP2.0 with online scores, etc.?
16) Will there be easter eggs like an In-n-Out Burger reference?
17) Will there be a Tournament Mode?
18) Shipping for north America, what's the plan there? I.e., fill a container, send it over , then shipped out by either Scott or Cointaker?
19) With bop2.0 you shipped to European customers first presumably to try to flesh out problems while can still (resolve?) locally, can we expect that again here?
20) Family mode - care to elaborate. Are you using the TV edits (that are funny), bleeping it out, etc. Available on delivery or going to come later.
21) Will spare parts be made available for sale? I could see things like the rug and the bowling pins taking a beating.
22) The bowling mech seems like a complicated part of the game. If it breaks, will the game be programmed to bypass that feature during the repair period?
23) Any chance we could see a rulesheet/ mode diagram?
24) Whatever happened to the custom pinballs that Geert designed?
25) Will it be possible to leave a 7/10 split after the first bowl AND then to get a spare from that split?
Looks like Barry will have is work cut out to go through all this

#214 8 years ago

Ship it! (The question list). If they took the time to answer those thoughtfully it would be a big win for them and for us.

#215 8 years ago

Doors closed on the questions folks

How come when I try to edit my post it created an entirely new post that quoted my previous one... Pinside bug. or me being dumb???

#216 8 years ago

Doors closed on the questions folks
How come when I try to edit my post it created an entirely new post that quoted my previous one... Pinside bug. or me being dumb???

I think you hit the quote button instead of the edit button. I've done it several times myself.

Nice list of questions. Hope they all get answered.

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I think you hit the quote button instead of the edit button.

Got it, so it WAS me being dumb!!

My recent communication with Barry reveals that he's been busy looking at and getting answers to these questions and they are all answered... not quite sure if he's planning to issue the answers in the next NSN or directly to this thread, but we should see them soon either way

#218 8 years ago

Great to hear.

#219 8 years ago

Today's already the middle of the quarter. Just, uh, just slip the game under my door.

#220 8 years ago

Good list from pinballslave. Little bird told me answers won't take long

Good idea the FAQ. Avoids DP having to answer same question over and over and reassures the customers that things are moving

#221 8 years ago

Its here!

#222 8 years ago

May 18, 2015 - The Big Lebowski™ Pinball - Pinside FAQ edition

Dear Achiever,

We at Dutch Pinball love Pinball and one of the things we do is read Pinside. We’ve seen the list of questions gathered by ‘Pinballslave’ and we thought you would appreciate the answers to these questions so here we go!

Q: How many layers of clear with the playfield get?
The playfields for TBL will be produced by a well respected playfield builder in the industry: High Class Pinballs, Germany (Mirco). The first five playfields for the prototypes were also made by Mirco and we are very satisfied with overall quality. The playfield will be produced with extra hard wood and will be provided with three layers of clear coat for super durability.

Q: Is everything now fully approved, e.g. all intended original actors call-outs and music?
The artwork for the cabinet, playfield and translite are fully approved. We are still waiting on approval of all the audio clips and movie clips. Since the actors themselves are involved in this process this takes some time. We hope to receive approval as soon as possible.

There seem to be several questions about the license in general. We want you to know that the license was secured even before the Dude Pinball campaign at Expo 2013. The flyer campaign with the 'Pin Me Girls' on Expo 2013 was with permission from Universal. Also, here's the link to the press release we published in collaboration with Universal on December 27, 2013.

Q: Any updates on the code?
Since we've shown the prototypes the code has been in development in tandem with BoP2.0. Please understand that not much time has been invested in developing code for the first prototypes since the hardware is quite different from the production games that we are now developing for, plus the ingame assets have not been approved yet. The games at the shows are/were early prototypes and were always going to just have limited code.

Q: Will there be a flyer produced of the final approved game with a feature-gram?
Yes!

Q: What breakdowns have the prototype games experienced at shows and have they been addressed?
Making five prototypes was probably the best thing we ever did. Every single prototype had some different issues and we documented all 'breakdowns', ball hang ups and other bugs. With these lists of issues we've completely redesigned some parts and tweaked the design to be as perfect as possible. At this point we're testing all the changes in our pre-production prototype. To give an example of some issues, here's a short list of some of the changes:
Redesign of the Rug Toy. We experienced some breakdowns with the prototypes so we redesigned the toy and the new and improved toy survived 100.000+ beatings, so we are confident the new rug toy is perfect now!
Most of the ball guides were too short, or didn't have enough points to keep it in the right place. So all ball guides have been redesigned and tested on the pre-pro prototype, they are spot on now.
The car toys has also been upgraded with better 'end of stroke' detection, so it opens and closes perfectly now.
Numerous 'non visual' changes for easier production.
The mini playfield was very hard to assemble and to align - we've completely rebuild the mini playfield including an easier way to assemble, or disassemble it.
And many, many more...

Q: Is the design of the bowling alley now complete, or is more testing and development needed to make it reliable?
Yes, it is complete now. We've made a lot of changes to the main toy of our game: the bowling alley. We've fixed the issue with the ball kick back which sometimes didn't make it to get the ball back in the turning ball release. We've also redesigned the 'end of stroke' switches of the ball release to make it more reliable. The playfield for the bowling alley will also be a printed and coated playfield instead of the wood with sticker playfield we use in the prototypes.

Q: Is the design frozen? Are parts being ordered?
99% of the design is frozen. There are still some minor things we're testing right now on the preproduction prototype, but this will not influence the bill of material, so yes: parts are ordered.

Q: When will all pre-order "true serial numbers" be released by?
Since we decided to give out the numbers based on the time you ordered we had to wait until we had a final list of pre-orders and the accompanying true serial numbers. We will dedicate another NSN specially for this - soon!

Q: What % complete (with 100% meaning all bugs addressed and anticipated refinements made) can the code expected to be at the time of delivery?
The game will be fully playable on delivery, meaning that all the rules indicated by playfield inserts will be there to play. The main goal of the game is to get to the Wizard Mode "The Dude Abides" and this will be included on delivery. We might be fixing bugs in future versions, or improve various things down the road, but our goal is to ship the game with complete code including all features of the game. To give a percentage it will probably be 85% of what it will be in the end.

Q: Do you plan on having location testing for a while?
Yes. Some of the machines will go on several locations for testing.

Q: Is there any warranty on the machine? What are the limitations on it?
Yes, the game will have warranty. We are working on the details, but it will be similar to what you see from other manufacturers.

Q: Is there any network/wifi capabilities or similar tech to BOP2.0 with online scores, etc.?
Yes! We're excited about the posibilities and so far the Live functionality has been a very positive experience for BoP2.0 users and ourselves. We'll be developing it further in the future, one of the new features will allow you to adjust the most common settings of the machine through the live page. For instance, you can easily switch to Tournament Mode, change the number of balls, or switch Parental Mode...

Q: Will there be easter eggs like an In-n-Out Burger reference?
There will be Easter eggs ... We don't know about IAOB, we have to see if we get permission for that.

Q: Will there be a Tournament Mode?
Yes.

Q: Family mode - care to elaborate. Are you using the TV edits (that are funny), bleeping it out, etc. Available on delivery or going to come later?
We will not be using the TV-Edits in Parental, or Family mode. We know they are hilarious (This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps), but they are not part of the license and we will just be muting all the cuss words and remove anything related to drugs, sexuality, smoking as much as possible. All machines will be defaulted with Family Mode ON, but it's an easy setting in the menu to switch it to Normal .

Q: Will spare parts be made available for sale? I could see things like the rug and the bowling pins taking a beating?
We will make extra spare parts for TBL specific parts. So yes, parts for the rug toy, the bowling pins etc. will be available as spare parts in case they break.

Q: The bowling mech seems like a complicated part of the game. If it breaks, will the game be programmed to bypass that feature during the repair period?
Yes, there will be a setting to bypass the bowling alley mech. Although we are pretty sure with all the adjustments we made it will be a pretty sturdy mech.

Q: Any chance we could see a rulesheet/ mode diagram?
Sure, here is a high level rules logic diagram we made early on as a conversation piece for internal use. It doesn't include the possibilities of stacking, or combining modes and multiballs, nor does it detail the differences of all the rug modes, car modes, character modes and multiballs.

TBL Rules Logic Diagram.pngTBL Rules Logic Diagram.png

Q: Whatever happened to the custom pinballs that Geert designed?
Geert made those pinballs to test them for the bowling alley. Unfortunately they didn't last for a long time, so we decided to use a standard pinball instead.

Q: Will it be possible to leave a 7/10 split after the first bowl AND then to get a spare from that split?
This is a difficult question. We're not sure yet if we're going to implement these kind of splits, because with the mechanics of the bowling alley it's - of course - impossible to really score a spare from a 7/10 split. The only way we can do that is to emulate it, but we're not sure this will be implemented. We will - however - implement other mini games in the bowling alley. So when you go bowling, there will be different challenges to hit the pins. One challenge for instance will be a single pin, that has to be hit with just one ball. Or another challenge where you have to hit a 'moving' pin. We think challenges like that will make the bowling alley more fun and diverse.

Q: What is more important to DP: Getting a game made on schedule or making sure the game is reliable and with complete code?
The most important thing for DP is to ship a game which is reliable hardware wise. We will not ship games if we are not confident they will last for a long time without major hardware issues. Of course this is really hard to guarantee, because - although we tested the games a lot - it's always possible to have some unforeseen bug, or ball hang-up we've never experienced before. Our goal is also to ship a game with complete code and all features working in the game. There will be software updates after we ship, but that will mostly be bug fixes, or adding extra depth and polish to the game (i.e. stackable modes, multiballs).

Q: What is the current schedule for the production of the first game?
We started the production according to planning in April 2015. Unfortunately we encountered delays in delivery time of certain parts. We still were confident that we could ship our first machines in Q2 2015, but we now realize that we won’t make this since we also are waiting for approvals of audio and video clips. Both take more time than expected. We will try to keep the delay at an absolute minimum and we focus on delivering the first machines in Q3 2015.

Q: What is the predicted date which DP will have the last of the pre-order games completed and ready to ship? & Q: When can all pre-orders residing within the 48 continental US states, expect to receive their game by?
We expect all pre-ordered games to be ready and shipped by the end of 2015.

Q: Shipping for North America, what's the plan there? I.e., fill a container, send it over , then shipped out by either Scott or Cointaker?
Yes. As soon as we have ~30 machines ready for the US they will be put in a container and shipped to our local distribution point in the US.

Q: With bop2.0 you shipped to European customers first presumably to try to flesh out problems while can still (resolve?) locally, can we expect that again here?
No, this will not be like BoP 2.0 shipment. We will ship on a first come first serve base. The EU/other countries orders will probably shipped one-by-one when they're ready, as for the US we will wait until we have a container full of games ready and ship then in one go to our local US distribution point.

We would like to thank all of you on Pinside who have supported us throughout some difficult times and for your clear enthusiasm for this game… which we hope and believe will not disappoint you when you see it in your homes, local arcades, shows, bars, friends homes and not to forget bowling alleys around the globe!

Best wishes,
Team Dutch Pinball

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

May 18, 2015 - The Big Lebowski™ Pinball - Pinside FAQ edition
Dear Achiever,
We at Dutch Pinball love Pinball and one of the things we do is read Pinside. We’ve seen the list of questions gathered by ‘Pinballslave’ and we thought you would appreciate the answers to these questions so here we go!
Q: How many layers of clear with the playfield get?
The playfields for TBL will be produced by a well respected playfield builder in the industry: High Class Pinballs, Germany (Mirco). The first five playfields for the prototypes were also made by Mirco and we are very satisfied with overall quality. The playfield will be produced with extra hard wood and will be provided with three layers of clear coat for super durability.
Q: Is everything now fully approved, e.g. all intended original actors call-outs and music?
The artwork for the cabinet, playfield and translite are fully approved. We are still waiting on approval of all the audio clips and movie clips. Since the actors themselves are involved in this process this takes some time. We hope to receive approval as soon as possible.
There seem to be several questions about the license in general. We want you to know that the license was secured even before the Dude Pinball campaign at Expo 2013. The flyer campaign with the 'Pin Me Girls' on Expo 2013 was with permission from Universal. Also, here's the link to the press release we published in collaboration with Universal on December 27, 2013.
Q: Any updates on the code?
Since we've shown the prototypes the code has been in development in tandem with BoP2.0. Please understand that not much time has been invested in developing code for the first prototypes since the hardware is quite different from the production games that we are now developing for, plus the ingame assets have not been approved yet. The games at the shows are/were early prototypes and were always going to just have limited code.
Q: Will there be a flyer produced of the final approved game with a feature-gram?
Yes!
Q: What breakdowns have the prototype games experienced at shows and have they been addressed?
Making five prototypes was probably the best thing we ever did. Every single prototype had some different issues and we documented all 'breakdowns', ball hang ups and other bugs. With these lists of issues we've completely redesigned some parts and tweaked the design to be as perfect as possible. At this point we're testing all the changes in our pre-production prototype. To give an example of some issues, here's a short list of some of the changes:
Redesign of the Rug Toy. We experienced some breakdowns with the prototypes so we redesigned the toy and the new and improved toy survived 100.000+ beatings, so we are confident the new rug toy is perfect now!
Most of the ball guides were too short, or didn't have enough points to keep it in the right place. So all ball guides have been redesigned and tested on the pre-pro prototype, they are spot on now.
The car toys has also been upgraded with better 'end of stroke' detection, so it opens and closes perfectly now.
Numerous 'non visual' changes for easier production.
The mini playfield was very hard to assemble and to align - we've completely rebuild the mini playfield including an easier way to assemble, or disassemble it.
And many, many more...
Q: Is the design of the bowling alley now complete, or is more testing and development needed to make it reliable?
Yes, it is complete now. We've made a lot of changes to the main toy of our game: the bowling alley. We've fixed the issue with the ball kick back which sometimes didn't make it to get the ball back in the turning ball release. We've also redesigned the 'end of stroke' switches of the ball release to make it more reliable. The playfield for the bowling alley will also be a printed and coated playfield instead of the wood with sticker playfield we use in the prototypes.
Q: Is the design frozen? Are parts being ordered?
99% of the design is frozen. There are still some minor things we're testing right now on the preproduction prototype, but this will not influence the bill of material, so yes: parts are ordered.
Q: When will all pre-order "true serial numbers" be released by?
Since we decided to give out the numbers based on the time you ordered we had to wait until we had a final list of pre-orders and the accompanying true serial numbers. We will dedicate another NSN specially for this - soon!
Q: What % complete (with 100% meaning all bugs addressed and anticipated refinements made) can the code expected to be at the time of delivery?
The game will be fully playable on delivery, meaning that all the rules indicated by playfield inserts will be there to play. The main goal of the game is to get to the Wizard Mode "The Dude Abides" and this will be included on delivery. We might be fixing bugs in future versions, or improve various things down the road, but our goal is to ship the game with complete code including all features of the game. To give a percentage it will probably be 85% of what it will be in the end.
Q: Do you plan on having location testing for a while?
Yes. Some of the machines will go on several locations for testing.
Q: Is there any warranty on the machine? What are the limitations on it?
Yes, the game will have warranty. We are working on the details, but it will be similar to what you see from other manufacturers.
Q: Is there any network/wifi capabilities or similar tech to BOP2.0 with online scores, etc.?
Yes! We're excited about the posibilities and so far the Live functionality has been a very positive experience for BoP2.0 users and ourselves. We'll be developing it further in the future, one of the new features will allow you to adjust the most common settings of the machine through the live page. For instance, you can easily switch to Tournament Mode, change the number of balls, or switch Parental Mode...
Q: Will there be easter eggs like an In-n-Out Burger reference?
There will be Easter eggs ... We don't know about IAOB, we have to see if we get permission for that.
Q: Will there be a Tournament Mode?
Yes.
Q: Family mode - care to elaborate. Are you using the TV edits (that are funny), bleeping it out, etc. Available on delivery or going to come later?
We will not be using the TV-Edits in Parental, or Family mode. We know they are hilarious (This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps), but they are not part of the license and we will just be muting all the cuss words and remove anything related to drugs, sexuality, smoking as much as possible. All machines will be defaulted with Family Mode ON, but it's an easy setting in the menu to switch it to Normal .
Q: Will spare parts be made available for sale? I could see things like the rug and the bowling pins taking a beating?
We will make extra spare parts for TBL specific parts. So yes, parts for the rug toy, the bowling pins etc. will be available as spare parts in case they break.
Q: The bowling mech seems like a complicated part of the game. If it breaks, will the game be programmed to bypass that feature during the repair period?
Yes, there will be a setting to bypass the bowling alley mech. Although we are pretty sure with all the adjustments we made it will be a pretty sturdy mech.
Q: Any chance we could see a rulesheet/ mode diagram?
Sure, here is a high level rules logic diagram we made early on as a conversation piece for internal use. It doesn't include the possibilities of stacking, or combining modes and multiballs, nor does it detail the differences of all the rug modes, car modes, character modes and multiballs.
Q: Whatever happened to the custom pinballs that Geert designed?
Geert made those pinballs to test them for the bowling alley. Unfortunately they didn't last for a long time, so we decided to use a standard pinball instead.
Q: Will it be possible to leave a 7/10 split after the first bowl AND then to get a spare from that split?
This is a difficult question. We're not sure yet if we're going to implement these kind of splits, because with the mechanics of the bowling alley it's - of course - impossible to really score a spare from a 7/10 split. The only way we can do that is to emulate it, but we're not sure this will be implemented. We will - however - implement other mini games in the bowling alley. So when you go bowling, there will be different challenges to hit the pins. One challenge for instance will be a single pin, that has to be hit with just one ball. Or another challenge where you have to hit a 'moving' pin. We think challenges like that will make the bowling alley more fun and diverse.
Q: What is more important to DP: Getting a game made on schedule or making sure the game is reliable and with complete code?
The most important thing for DP is to ship a game which is reliable hardware wise. We will not ship games if we are not confident they will last for a long time without major hardware issues. Of course this is really hard to guarantee, because - although we tested the games a lot - it's always possible to have some unforeseen bug, or ball hang-up we've never experienced before. Our goal is also to ship a game with complete code and all features working in the game. There will be software updates after we ship, but that will mostly be bug fixes, or adding extra depth and polish to the game (i.e. stackable modes, multiballs).
Q: What is the current schedule for the production of the first game?
We started the production according to planning in April 2015. Unfortunately we encountered delays in delivery time of certain parts. We still were confident that we could ship our first machines in Q2 2015, but we now realize that we won’t make this since we also are waiting for approvals of audio and video clips. Both take more time than expected. We will try to keep the delay at an absolute minimum and we focus on delivering the first machines in Q3 2015.
Q: What is the predicted date which DP will have the last of the pre-order games completed and ready to ship? & Q: When can all pre-orders residing within the 48 continental US states, expect to receive their game by?
We expect all pre-ordered games to be ready and shipped by the end of 2015.
Q: Shipping for North America, what's the plan there? I.e., fill a container, send it over , then shipped out by either Scott or Cointaker?
Yes. As soon as we have ~30 machines ready for the US they will be put in a container and shipped to our local distribution point in the US.
Q: With bop2.0 you shipped to European customers first presumably to try to flesh out problems while can still (resolve?) locally, can we expect that again here?
No, this will not be like BoP 2.0 shipment. We will ship on a first come first serve base. The EU/other countries orders will probably shipped one-by-one when they're ready, as for the US we will wait until we have a container full of games ready and ship then in one go to our local US distribution point.
We would like to thank all of you on Pinside who have supported us throughout some difficult times and for your clear enthusiasm for this game… which we hope and believe will not disappoint you when you see it in your homes, local arcades, shows, bars, friends homes and not to forget bowling alleys around the globe!
Best wishes,
Team Dutch Pinball

VERY well done and glad to see this!!! Thanks to DP for taking the time to address the questions and to everyone that came up with the questions. A great start to a Monday!! =)

Brian

#224 8 years ago

Really appreciate this run down of where we are; this is exactly what I was hoping to see. Appreciate they told us about shipping delay now and their causes vs waiting till end of June to see if a miracle happens (looking at almost all the other startups). Def a great way to start a Monday.

#225 8 years ago

I have a feeling 25 questions will turn into many more questions.

Only thing I'm worried about is final approval of movie and audio clips. It will suck if they can't use movie clips that they planned on. I just hope they will be allowed to use voice actors to redo whatever speech does not get approval.

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Only thing I'm worried about is final approval of movie and audio clips. It will suck if they can't use movie clips that they planned on. I just hope they will be allowed to use voice actors to redo whatever speech does not get approval.

Anyone know if Roger Sharpe is still working with them on the remaining licensing approvals?

#227 8 years ago

Wow. That's how you communicate. Long time coming, overdue frankly, but way to go guys, excellent responses.

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

My understanding is its not about whether they will be able to use clips and audio, just a matter of which ones.

Quoted from Mike:

Anyone know if Roger Sharpe is still working with them on the remaining licensing approvals?

Yes he is.

#229 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

My understanding is its not about whether they will be able to use clips and audio, just a matter of which ones.

Yes he is.

So what I mean is, say Goodman (or his reps) say "no" to using the "This is what happens when you f*** a stranger in the a**"… are they going (are they willing or getting ready) to hire talent to get those clips in the game?

#230 8 years ago

I'd hope IF the clip approvals went that sideways where things needed to be replaced, then we could have the ability (not supported of course) to correct it on our own / sub out fake for real on our own machines from our own dvd copies or whatever. I wouldn't think it would come to that; just as a last resort.

#231 8 years ago

Thanks for the update DP!

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I'd hope IF the clip approvals went that sideways where things needed to be replaced, then we could have the ability (not supported of course) to correct it on our own / sub out fake for real on our own machines from our own dvd copies or whatever.

Exactly, there are enough clever people out there to fix the problem if DP aren't allowed to put certain call-outs in the game... they just need to make sure the voice-overs use the same time that the original clips use so the real clips can be aftermarketed in nicely later

#233 8 years ago

@pinballslave (and all that contributed):
Thanks for coordinating the FAQ! This was a pleasant email to discover/read this morning. Hopefully, this should hold off any negativity or doubts for the time being.

#234 8 years ago

Has anyone got to grips with the flow chart to suss out if the strategy/depth of the game will be good?

here's a blown-up view of it for the aged like myself that need glasses... click on it to see the expanded version

It looks like the bowling feature is integrated into the game well... I was worried it might be a kind of pointless 'aside' that might become a bit annoying once the novelty of playing a mini bowling alley had worn off...

One question I wanted to ask, but forgot about, was: Will they be using a ball in the bowling alley that will be scaled to match the size of the pins? Having an oversized pinball ball that ploughs through the pins might be a bit underwhelming after a few shots... From what I can gather they're steering towards the bowling feature being a bit removed from a game of bowling anyway in having a moving pin to hit... which is not a bad thing to have if it's proving too difficult to emulate the real game... but a moving pin would be more of a challenge with a smaller ball

Flow Chart.jpgFlow Chart.jpg
#235 8 years ago

Have to realize (and barry stated) that many of those boxes is actually several different modes (rug modes, car modes, characters) so looks pretty good to me. Nihilists looks a little out of place there off to the side.. Wondering if that's still how it is

#236 8 years ago

Wow, almost everything you've wanted to know, together in one place.

Only thing I'd like DP to update us with is status of the music. Hoping to confirm which songs are in or out. They addressed this a long time ago, but a refresher of the facts would be appreciated.

#237 8 years ago

Was just looking at it myself a few minutes ago. Looks significantly deep to me. Especially given (as SD_TOM stated above) the multiple rug and car modes. Plus 5 ball and 5 character modes.

Quoted from sd_tom:

Nihilists looks a little out of place there off to the side..

Looks like maybe a stand-alone mode along with "White Russian" which suits me just fine. I would be up for as many side modes as DP wants to include.

#238 8 years ago

Nihilists and white Russian as side lobes of mode tree are fine. I just had presumed they'd be part of the wizard mode or rug modes. It would be awesome if you are able to and choose to play nihilists too early in the tree you get "like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know" callout

#239 8 years ago

I would like to see a "logjammin'" hurry-up side mode where you have to bash away at the rug toy or something to that effect.

#240 8 years ago

I set my expectations for Q3 or Q4 delivery because things always happen, so the updated timeline doesn't phase me at all. This'll be worth the wait.

#241 8 years ago

Q3 is cool with me.

Very good communication. I sure hope they get the audio clips approved. I can live without some of the video clips, although I would certainly like them all!

#242 8 years ago

Back from holidays and boom an update!
Just hope they get their money's worth from Roger Sharpe and get all the audio/video call outs approved.

#243 8 years ago

You'd think audio and video from the actual movie you're paying universal for would be easy / come with securing the license. Maybe it is but still universal has to dot i's and cross t's with the actors.. I.e., maybe the actors can't veto their use of stock movie footage but have to be informed / get their cut from universal, etc. I have no idea.. Licensing is hard.

#244 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

You'd think audio and video from the actual movie you're paying universal for would be easy / come with securing the license.

You'd think. It's not nearly that simple though, trust me.

#245 8 years ago

I'd hope that the actors find it as a huge compliment to be immortalized in a pinball game that should be a classic.

#246 8 years ago

Still kicking myself I missed out on the ore-order!

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Still kicking myself I missed out on the ore-order!

I know of at least one that will be in Alabama, not far from you.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I know of at least one that will be in Alabama, not far from you.

Can I play yours over the holiday break?!

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Can I play yours over the holiday break?!

Yes! Timing wasn't so good last year. Hopefully less busy this time...

#250 8 years ago

Glad to get a glimpse of the challenges at least. Wonder if Phillip Seymour Hoffman's estate is a challenge. With his death still quite fresh they may not be all about putting him on a pinball machine at this moment

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 15,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.