(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 306.
#2251 7 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Still waiting on news for #54..

soon my brother...........soon

#2252 7 years ago

I need some new code!! Sorry my problems are a little different than most the others just waiting for the game.

It is worth the wait tho, LOVE IT!!! Great code will put it over top, I really hope it gets all the attention it deserves to take it from good to amazing!

#2253 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I need some new code!! Sorry my problems are a little different than most the others just waiting for the game.
It is worth the wait tho, LOVE IT!!! Great code will put it over top, I really hope it gets all the attention it deserves to take it from good to amazing!

Great code is so important. I have a deposit down on one and this is my biggest concern. Has anybody heard anything about the code being updated soon or has DP made any comments. I don't want the code on the machine to become a Kiss for example. The code was okay to start with but got old quick when it never got updated. Any feedback would be appreciated.

#2254 7 years ago

My last e-mail from DP on a code update (.45) was 9 August, so not really that long ago, maybe 6 weeks at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see another big update to coincide with their second container shipping.

#2255 7 years ago

It's my understanding they are fixing all of the diverters on the games they had ready to ship out so that has slowed production some. I think you'll see #54 in the next batch once they have fixed all of the diverters.

#2256 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I think you'll see #54 in the next batch once they have fixed all of the diverters.

With #30 first in line for the next container, and 42 games being shipped this time, the next lot will include at least up thru #71 and probably beyond as a number of the games in between will most likely be going to non-North American customers.

Quoted from taz:

I wouldn't be surprised to see another big update to coincide with their second container shipping.

For their sake, I hope that DP brings something to Expo (i.e. games to play with more advanced code, news of stepped up production and deliveries, etc.) to help rejuvenate some of the excitement about TBL that has been lost since its initial debut at the show 2 years ago.

#2257 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

For their sake, I hope that DP brings something to Expo (i.e. games to play with more advanced code, news of stepped up production and deliveries, etc.) to help rejuvenate some of the excitement about TBL that has been lost since its initial debut at the show 2 years ago.

They've been bringing games to a lot of big shows since then, each with the latest code at the time. I think they've been building excitement through shows. I know at the NW Pinball & Arcade Show this past June, the Nitro booth with the Big Lebowski (and my Bride 2.0 and a Full Throttle) was insanely busy. There was a line 5-25 people deep the entire time to play TBL and everyone was talking about it, including more casual players. A lot more people know about the game now than did 2 years ago. You have to remember, we are pinheads, we know about these games years before they come to fruition. But most people don't pay attention until a game is actually released and on location.

#2258 7 years ago

With #30 first in line for the next container, and 42 games being shipped this time, the next lot will include at least up thru #71 and probably beyond as a number of the games in between will most likely be going to non-North American customers.

#30 is sitting in my living room.

72, you made the cut!

#2259 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

They've been bringing games to a lot of big shows since then, each with the latest code at the time. I think they've been building excitement through shows. I know at the NW Pinball & Arcade Show this past June, the Nitro booth with the Big Lebowski (and my Bride 2.0 and a Full Throttle) was insanely busy. There was a line 5-25 people deep the entire time to play TBL and everyone was talking about it, including more casual players. A lot more people know about the game now than did 2 years ago. You have to remember, we are pinheads, we know about these games years before they come to fruition. But most people don't pay attention until a game is actually released and on location.

I think I was # 10 to play it at the NW pin show, loved it. Easily my favorite pin there.

#2260 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

They've been bringing games to a lot of big shows since then, each with the latest code at the time. I think they've been building excitement through shows. I know at the NW Pinball & Arcade Show this past June ...

Sure, having TBL games to play at shows is great and although a lot of folks are willing to wait in long lines to try it out, the general buzz surrounding TBL is now a fraction of what it was when it was first unveiled with much fanfare at Expo two long years ago. And FWIW, while finally having a TBL for the first time at the NW Show this year was wonderful, unbelievably, it was not running the latest code version available at the time!

The point intended in my post though was merely that if DP wants to compete with the other manufacturers exhibiting new games at Expo this year, they need to have something significant to talk up about TBL other than games starting to trickle out of the factory or code that is cool, but STILL has a ways to go yet. As a DP and TBL supporter, I hope they will.

#2261 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

#30 is sitting in my living room.

Oops - my mistake.

dannylite's game (next in line to be shipped via container) is #31.

#2262 7 years ago

Sure, having TBL games to play at shows is great and although a lot of folks are willing to wait in long lines to try it out, the general buzz surrounding TBL is now a fraction of what it was when it was first unveiled with much fanfare at Expo two long years ago. And FWIW, while finally having A TBL for the first time at the NW Show this year was wonderful, unbelievably, it was NOT running the latest code version available at the time!
The point intended in my post though was merely that if DP wants to compete with the other manufacturers exhibiting new games at Expo this year, they need to have something significant to talk up about TBL other than games starting to trickle out of the factory or code that is cool, but STILL has a ways to go yet. As a DP and TBL supporter, I hope they will.

Apparently they are backed buy a multi million dollar company so I wouldn't be concerned too much.

#2263 7 years ago

I'm getting quite frustrated now - I've had the machine since the end of May and my bowling alley still isn't working. On the 5th September Barry asked me some follow up questions and asked for a few days to figure it out and I haven't heard anything since. Just set him an email now to ask what's going on. It works mechanically but the opto isn't registering, even though I've replaced it with a new set that DP sent out to me. I've had NIB games before and know that issues aren't uncommon, but I've never had a game with a major element not working this long before.

I've also got another problem - in car modes and the 'This is What Happens' rug mode the car isn't registering hits. This is because when the car comes out it closes the car switches on the mini playfield and therefore hits don't register. If I manually move the car away from these switches a hit is registered, but it then returns and closes the switches again and hits aren't registered. Anyone else have the same problem?

Oh and the leaf switches on the slingshots are still temperamental, and require seemingly constant adjustment. Not having much fun with the game right now.

#2264 7 years ago

Your problems with the bowling alley are a bummer. Mine works 99% of the time and with the new code it seems to register the hits better. I had one instance where I clearly missed the front pin and it still registered it. So it´s still not a 100% perfect.

With the car I had one instance where it got stuck half way out of the garage, but otherwise it seems to work. I still haven´t figured out when it actually should go back in..... Timer? # of hits? No clue.....

The leaf switches are the same problem in my TBL. The bend much too easily. One day I´ll replace them with standard Williams switches from one of the shops.

The other problem I still have to tackle is the STDMs from the Donny lane. I didn´t have them in the beginning but now they are more the rule than the exception. Since this also seems to be a known issue I´d really appreciate a guide from DP how to bend the laneguide so that these don´t happen anymore. They´re very frustrating.

Finally I´m looking forward to the new diverter and the replacements for my broken slingshot plastics.

Has anybody spoken to Pinbits if they´d be interested in making a plastics protector set?

#2265 7 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

- in car modes and the 'This is What Happens' rug mode the car isn't registering hits. This is because when the car comes out it closes the car switches on the mini playfield and therefore hits don't register.

So, on mine the outside target is bent outward a bit. I assume that's to make sure the car doesn't set the interior target when deployed.. I.e., Uses the outside one as a resting place (stops when triggered), without setting the interior one.. interior gets set on a car hit.

That make sense? I can get a pic/video of how far my left target us bent outward.

#2266 7 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I'm getting quite frustrated now - I've had the machine since the end of May and my bowling alley still isn't working.

I think a number of us are having issues with the bowling alley and from what I understand they are working on a fix

Quoted from BigLebowski:

I still haven´t figured out when it actually should go back in..... Timer? # of hits? No clue....

I think its number of hits....

Quoted from BigLebowski:

Has anybody spoken to Pinbits if they´d be interested in making a plastics protector set?

I talked with LSOG about making some sling protectors but still need to scan my slings for them.

#2267 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Your problems with the bowling alley are a bummer. Mine works 99% of the time and with the new code it seems to register the hits better. I had one instance where I clearly missed the front pin and it still registered it. So it´s still not a 100% perfect.
With the car I had one instance where it got stuck half way out of the garage, but otherwise it seems to work. I still haven´t figured out when it actually should go back in..... Timer? # of hits? No clue.....
The leaf switches are the same problem in my TBL. The bend much too easily. One day I´ll replace them with standard Williams switches from one of the shops.
The other problem I still have to tackle is the STDMs from the Donny lane. I didn´t have them in the beginning but now they are more the rule than the exception. Since this also seems to be a known issue I´d really appreciate a guide from DP how to bend the laneguide so that these don´t happen anymore. They´re very frustrating.
Finally I´m looking forward to the new diverter and the replacements for my broken slingshot plastics.

I don't think the car modes are really programmed in yet. Hopefully we'll get a software update soon.

When I asked Barry about my SDTM issue he said:

'The easiest way to fix it is to bend the last inch of the right guide a bit to the left' and sent me this picture:

DP (resized).jpgDP (resized).jpg

I did as he suggested and it fixed the issue - all balls now return to the left flipper - but it did damage the playfield slightly so be careful!

If we can just replace the leaf switches with Williams switches that would be great, please let me know if that works for you and I'll do the same.

Quoted from sd_tom:

So, on mine the outside target is bent outward a bit. I assume that's to make sure the car doesn't set the interior target when deployed.. I.e., Uses the outside one as a resting place (stops when triggered), without setting the interior one.. interior gets set on a car hit.
That make sense? I can get a pic/video of how far my left target us bent outward.

Thanks - that does make sense, yes. I originally tried bending both targets further back so that the car would not be in contact with either, but I didn't think of bending one forward. I'll try that next week as currently TBL is wrapped in plastic and under a dust sheet because of some work that's going on in the next room.

#2268 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I think a number of us are having issues with the bowling alley and from what I understand they are working on a fix.

I think my situation is different - my bowling alley opto doesn't register at all, ever. Not in test, not in gameplay. It worked the first game I ever played on the machine and hasn't worked since, even with a replacement set of optos they sent me. The coils work in test so mechanically it seems fine, but it never registers electronically.

#2269 7 years ago

Ok I did some testing this AM. I was slightly incorrect. It is definitely the case that the left / outer target gets hit first, which i still assume is the trigger for the stepper motor to stop. When the stepper motor cuts off though, (it may actually back up slightly after the switch it), it is touching neither switch. BUT it is just a hair trigger on the outer / left one.. so i am still going to assume the software probably ignores the outer switch state, and just pays attention to the inner one as a "car hit". I do this based on the fact that they clearly bent my outer target out slightly (and I've seen other photos with this a well).

Here's a pic of my two targets; and I actually think mine has flattened out a bit more than how it started now that i'm focused on it.
20160923_063158 (resized).jpg20160923_063158 (resized).jpg

And a video of me dicking around with it to; may or may not be useful:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ap9xuqpw5W45b68RZAlwLlTATB6YclAqlQ

#2270 7 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

When I asked Barry about my SDTM issue he said:

'The easiest way to fix it is to bend the last inch of the right guide a bit to the left' and sent me this picture:

Ups, now I´m confused. Are you talking about STDMs from the Maude lane, then?

What happens on mine is the following: I shoot a ball up the Donny lane (leftmost lane), it goes through the left gate above the MAU(de) lanes, hits the right gate above those lanes, rebounds back down the Donny lane and disappears between my flipper bats.
It only happens when it´s a pretty hard shot that rebounds fast.

Is that the same problem you have?

#2271 7 years ago

I had the opposite problem (maude shot, bounces off donny gate, then back down maude shot.. SDTM rare but same principle). What it was is there is a really long spring that passes through the playfield. It was mis-adjusted such that the spring was getting caught / dragging on side of the hole it was passing though / wasn't centered. bent the gate slightly to have the spring run without interference through the hole and that problem went away.

Separately, I started a full list of all my problems/tweaks and solutions this AM. Will post to DP forums once I collect pictures sometime this weekend.

#2273 7 years ago

My TBL will be in the finals of a tournament this weekend so we'll see how it holds up - everyone is super excited to play it and trying to qualify more to play it than anything else!

#2274 7 years ago

Yes! Email is in, #54 wil be tested and out to me this week !

#2275 7 years ago

Not mine but no 58 also got the call/email

So things are still moving

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2276 7 years ago

I would have loved preordering it now but it may not be possible as long as DP does not finish building the ones already preordered.

It is a pity, cool game. Just waiting for now the next jjp.

Good game.

#2277 7 years ago

Nope, pre-orders closed a long time ago, no skipping the line at DP.

real achievers get 'm first, seems only fair.

#2278 7 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Nope, pre-orders closed a long time ago, no skipping the line at DP.
real achievers get 'm first, seems only fair.

Did DP plan a limited production? I don't understand why it is not possible to order anymore. This is a strange financial strategy.

Never mind, many great pinballs are coming.

#2279 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Did DP plan a limited production? I don't understand why it is not possible to order anymore. This is a strange financial strategy.

Because they are a brand new company. They want to get through pre orders first. Then take more orders. There is not a limited run planned from what I understand. They will make as many as demand dictates. That's the plan from what I understand.

#2280 7 years ago

Hey guys,
Went to the Vancouver Flipout Pinball Expo.
They of course had The Big Lebowski there. Was there early so had a good amount of time to play it.
Just had a question about the bowling. This machine I believe the bowling was not working properly.
The bowling alley was tilted so you would hit the launch button and the orange apparatus would just release and it would just roll down the tilted bowling lane. Have seen numerous videos of the bowling in action and it never looked like that.
The lane was level and the orange apparatus shot the ball out. To say the least that bowling part of this machine was very disappointing. Do any of you early delivery achievers have a video of the bowling you could put up so I can compare to what I witnessed at the show.
Thanks

#2281 7 years ago

I think you're mistaken, what you described is how the bowling alley has always worked. The orange thing rotates, just gravity releases the ball down the slope of the playfield. Not sure how you could of missed the slope part after all these years

Bowling is pretty rare in game, unless you do the skill shot. There's two types of challenges right now.. getting a strike/spare or roving pin.

#2282 7 years ago

The DP guys at the Dutch Pinball Museum in Rotterdam this past week:

DP Guys at Dutch Pinball Museum (resized).jpgDP Guys at Dutch Pinball Museum (resized).jpg

#2283 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because they are a brand new company. They want to get through pre orders first. Then take more orders.

I find this an impressive action by a company that intends to be a serious player.

#2284 7 years ago

Thanks.
Just from this video the bowling alley looks level and the ball appears to be shot out.

:57 mark

#2285 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I had the opposite problem (maude shot, bounces off donny gate, then back down maude shot

I have had this happen on both shots, Donnie and Maude but they never once returned SDTM. I will be adding a small piece of dead foam to both gate flaps.

As soon as I stop playing the thing.

#2286 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Thanks.
Just from this video the bowling alley looks level and the ball appears to be shot out.
» YouTube video

No. As SD Tom said, the bowling lane is sloped and the ball releases via gravity.

#2287 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Thanks.
» YouTube video

Sorry Dude, but it looks like it is fed and rolls down via gravity to me in that video.

#2288 7 years ago

Pinball Magazine No. 4 will feature a 17-page interview with Jaap and Barry on the development of TBL. In that interview they explain why they stopped taking preorders. They also explain that by the time they expect to finish building the first 300 games they will have a European distributor and they will take new orders again. Either way you would have to wait in line like everybody else, so just put your money aside and order the game in a few months.

#2289 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Thanks.
» YouTube video

That is a funny angle given the camera position.

From the launch party 2 years ago:
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/biglebowski/x34a.jpg
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/biglebowski/index2.html

#2290 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Not mine but no 58 also got the call/email
So things are still moving

Oh shit, that means mine is DONE! Just gotta wait for that container to fill up and ship! WOOO!

#2291 7 years ago

My engineering degree says it's under an angle and gravity does the job

IMG_8238 (resized).JPGIMG_8238 (resized).JPG

IMG_9450 (resized).JPGIMG_9450 (resized).JPG

IMG_9464 (resized).JPGIMG_9464 (resized).JPG

#2292 7 years ago

this bowling alley is really a great toy. amazing!

how does it work? like in real or is it virtual?

#2293 7 years ago

this bowling alley is really a great toy. amazing!
how does it work? like in real or is it virtual?

My understanding is that the mech uses optos to detect where the ball strikes the pins and software causes the applicable pins to react (fold upward in this case).

#2294 7 years ago

you mean the software is able to calculate the falling of a pin by another pin?

how can it be possible to analyse the trajectory of the ball in all the track?

#2295 7 years ago

I spent the weekend messing with my bowling alley. Its now working about 90% but still needs a little adjustment.

my understanding, (and I could be dead wrong) is...

The logic knows the ball is in the orange launcher. The launcher is going side to side with the ball in it. (In test mode, you can see it move across the screen either 1 swing, or in a loop.) When you hit the Ball launch button, the orange launcher stops, sending a signal of where that position is. The solenoid then pulls the ball stop down and the ball rolls towards the pins. The opto that runs across the alley tells the computer that the ball has passed and then tells the specific pins to pull up. Each pin has its own solenoid to pull the pins up.

#2296 7 years ago

I hope the next version of software has a better bowling alley opto test than the current one as it just says an opto was triggered. A pictorial map of the pins would be good to see what's going on. I honestly haven't dug into it too much, waiting on the orange ball guide part.

#2297 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I hope the next version of software has a better bowling alley opto test than the current one as it just says an opto was triggered. A pictorial map of the pins would be good to see what's going on. I honestly haven't dug into it too much, waiting on the orange ball guide part.

Mine seems to work great as far as I can tell. It always works on the roving pin thing if I aim it correctly but I almost always get a strike on full pin thing if you hit anywhere near that front pin, it seems to be a strike, almost too easy. Do people see pins left a lot doing that?

#2298 7 years ago

you mean the software is able to calculate the falling of a pin by another pin?
how can it be possible to analyse the trajectory of the ball in all the track?

I'm not yet personally familiar with the actual mech's design and operation, but I would imagine that the pin reaction process is a technically advanced version of that employed in old electro-mechanical "big ball" and puck bowlers in that, depending on the path that the ball traveled through the pins (i.e. which switches the ball/puck physically contacted), the applicable pins would be activated.

In the case of TBL, you have modern optical sensors to detect the ball location/path and software to compute the resulting pin reaction instead of the physical switch contacts protruding above the lane and hard wired stepper units on the old EM games. The trajectory of the ball prior to reaching the pins may or may not be inconsequential - although as pointed out by burningman, the game can detect the angle of the launcher when the ball is released and factor this into computing the resultant pin reaction.

#2299 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I spent the weekend messing with my bowling alley. Its now working about 90% but still needs a little adjustment.
my understanding, (and I could be dead wrong) is...
The logic knows the ball is in the orange launcher. The launcher is going side to side with the ball in it. (In test mode, you can see it move across the screen either 1 swing, or in a loop.) When you hit the Ball launch button, the orange launcher stops, sending a signal of where that position is. The solenoid then pulls the ball stop down and the ball rolls towards the pins. The opto that runs across the alley tells the computer that the ball has passed and then tells the specific pins to pull up. Each pin has its own solenoid to pull the pins up.

Don, you are dead right

So it's a calculation process and not real detecting which pins are hit. The pins are pulled up which the software calculated to be hit.

#2300 7 years ago

sorry buddy, i don't know EM games.

for me bowling is like snooker, the impact location makes the ball (the pin) going to the left, to the right etc
i think it is to much difficult to reproduce the exact moves of the pins except if all the pin is a sensitive captor that can record the impact location and so calculate the trajectory of each pin and their fall or not.

i think i am going to have a headache...

" i'm falling, so i'm taking my time on my r..."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

15,000 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.