(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,279 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Scotty_K
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 306.
#2101 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I've been very fortunate so far. As best I can tell, my TBL is working mechanically 100% out of the box.

This has been mostly my experience as well. Only the rug switch is a tad inconsistent and I know its solvable. I did some of the usual fine tuning that I always expect with a NIB and this machine rocks. Wednesday night I had a Lewboski party and it was played non stop with "mark it zero" problems.
The craftsmanship on my machine is stellar and everybody really enjoyed it.

Quoted from ectobar:

but since Titans came out I've switched over to them and like the feel of them much better.

I'm playing with whats existing for now, otherwise its Titan rings for all of my machines.

#2102 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

We combined this visit with an interview session with Jonathan Joosten (who lives right around the corner of Grand Café Lebowski) for Pinball Magazine. We talked about our project for almost 3 hours and realized how special this rollercoaster project has been until now. Jonathan will publish the interview in the next edition of Pinball Magazine which will be presented at Expo in Chicago (October 12-16).

Thanks to Dutch Pinball for mentioning their interview in the upcoming 4th issue of Pinball Magazine. The aim is to have the magazine available at Pinball Expo, but there's still a lot of work to be done. Either way the article should be a fun read and share some interesting behind the scenes stories.

#2103 7 years ago

Fixed the diverter to my satisfaction today by elongating the adjustment slots on the diverter, needed about 2mm more travel to be able to have the flap testing within the slot. Also added felt dot underneath the arm on the center lane plastic just for safety.

Also completely disassembled my bowling alley ball release today due to some stuttering on advice from Barry. Was just documenting what I have for Barry right now, but if people want to see some gory photos I can post

For those needing to collect some metric tools, today I just needed a 2.5mm ball hex and 7mm socket for the nuts for both projects.

#2104 7 years ago

Yeah Tom,
What were the symptoms and solution to your bowling alley issues?

#2105 7 years ago

Mine occasionally will run into one of the sides and bounce off of it (stutter). Video:

https://goo.gl/photos/J5hbsKfeL1spDsp9A

What it looks like to me (I haven't cracked the code) is that the two switches are carefully correographed to get 3 position states (left, right, center). And there seems to be very little margin between far left, and far right, and the plastic guide running into the ball release from the opposite arm, causing step loss (the stutter). I am guessing I will need to go back in there (after waiting on Barry to confirm) and adjust one of the switches / it sets too late.

To remove the plastic guide, there's a set screw (2.5mm). This photo is the angle for which the set screw hole is accessible.

20160827_130737 (resized).jpg20160827_130737 (resized).jpg

This is what the switches look like (4x 7mm nuts holding mech on)
20160827_130903 (resized).jpg20160827_130903 (resized).jpg

This is the TWO cam plates attached to mech. Apparently on the prototypes / engineering samples there was just one.
20160827_131113 (resized).jpg20160827_131113 (resized).jpg

This is a video of cam action and switches. Since I have no idea what "good" looks like I just sent this to Barry and will wait and see

https://goo.gl/photos/kGCHQ9RFotff4KFo8

And here it is reassembled. It worked better for a few games then it came back.

https://goo.gl/photos/q9HkfeiX2m2n2hgE8

#2106 7 years ago

Diverter (actually fixed). Permanent unapproved unreversible. Not responsible if you screw something up trying to repeat this. And def open a support ticket up so they have an idea how many people effected regardless of what you do or don't do about it!

Screw slot before:

20160827_122110 (resized).jpg20160827_122110 (resized).jpg

Added 2mm of travel to both slots with hand file (slot is 4.5mm wide)
20160827_123727 (resized).jpg20160827_123727 (resized).jpg

Video Checking out that it now is within the slot vs above:
https://goo.gl/photos/hAn4YwRkvvJzttK8A

Victory lap in the test menu(before felt dot)
https://goo.gl/photos/npSKAsHDX8Pghayb7

#2107 7 years ago

I'm not having any of these issues but my compliments to you, Tom.

I know what a pain in the ass it is to pull out tools, evaluate a repair, test and re-test theory and then document everything with photographs. Even writing up an explanation and posting pictures is time consuming.

I see others helping as well and its a tribute to our community.

Well done, Sd_tom

#2108 7 years ago

Wanted to add/reiterate that both these are tickets with support and Barry himself is working through them with me. So bowling alley was collecting and diverter fix, he says they are looking at solution ; I went rogue with my filing down of slots / not anything remotely official

#2109 7 years ago

You are out of your element

#2110 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

You are out of your element

Hopefully I didn't f*ck it up ! Its life was in my hands.

#2111 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Do you have the ramp stabilizer that's on the far left lane guide?

I do have that stabilizer.

Unfortunately, felt on top of the lane guide isn't totally working. Downgraded to mostly working. It's still occasionally getting stuck down.

Next on the list:
After a tilt, I lose music and most lights for the next ball. Callouts are still functioning. Anyone else experience this?

#2112 7 years ago

Looking to trade my Tron LE for a Big Lebowski....just in case someone doesn't like it.

#2114 7 years ago

I am trying (as hard as I can) to move to Nashville, so you are welcome to come play mine when we find a house.

#2115 7 years ago
Quoted from RobOOZE:

Plus cash if delivered

Dude, Melissa has like 13 games left that are all expected to be built and shipped before the end of the year. Keep or sell Tron and buy TBL before they are sold out.

#2116 7 years ago

Let's hope preordérs are finished by end of year.

#2117 7 years ago

Man I'm having trouble getting my rug switch to register consistently. That little switch just doesn't seem like a great setup for that thing. I can get it to register intermittently but then eventually it stops registering altogether and back in the machine tweaking it. Anyone else have good solution. I know I saw some posts about loosening the screws(mine were actually already really loose when I first got to them) that hold the switch or something of the sort but that just doesn't seem to work for me. Other than the known left diverter issues that seems to be getting worked out with solutions this is my one big issue that has prevented me from enjoying the game as much as I want.

#2118 7 years ago

that's an issue I haven't had, sorry I cant help.

I would think the screws people are talking about though are the two spring loaded ones as that sets the tension. I'm not sure theres any good circumstance where having the switch itself loose would be good (although, maybe im the one not understanding).

#2119 7 years ago

My rug worked perfect out of the box. Only problem I have are some resets after installing 0.45.

#2120 7 years ago

Did you see burningman's write up on DP forums?
http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=139

Quoted from bemmett:

Man I'm having trouble getting my rug switch to register consistently. That little switch just doesn't seem like a great setup for that thing. I can get it to register intermittently but then eventually it stops registering altogether and back in the machine tweaking it. Anyone else have good solution. I know I saw some posts about loosening the screws(mine were actually already really loose when I first got to them) that hold the switch or something of the sort but that just doesn't seem to work for me. Other than the known left diverter issues that seems to be getting worked out with solutions this is my one big issue that has prevented me from enjoying the game as much as I want.

#2121 7 years ago

I got to play one over the weekend I was very impressed with the build quality. It felt and looked like the good ole WPC days. Is there a family mode on this and is there a site that explains the rules? My first thought was I could definitely see buying one

#2122 7 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Is there a family mode

Shut the f&*% up Patrick

Translates to "No I don't think there is a family mode and should never be on Big Lebowski"! Just like my opinon tho, man

#2123 7 years ago

There's a family mode

#2124 7 years ago

Hey I'm all for the f bomb and such. Not sure my kids need to ad it to their vocabulary yet.

#2125 7 years ago

I don't get on Pinside much recently due to a new and improved firewall on my PC which the kind people where I work gave me... so I'm a bit behind on most things TBL... apart from what gets sent through the NSNs... I was just wondering if there is a thread (maybe this one) where there is a running total of people who have actually got their game and unboxed it... Mainly curious to know how many people on Pinside have their machines...

#2126 7 years ago

A container was shipped and delivered with serialnumbers up to 30.

#2127 7 years ago

http://www.omroepgelderland.nl/nieuws/2115747/Amerikanen-worden-wild-van-Big-Lebowski-flipperkast-uit-Aalten

Local Dutch tv station did a small report on TBL. Time to brush up your Dutch

#2128 7 years ago

Thanks! Wish the info was in English, but hearing the game discussed in Dutch is still cool.

Interesting to see TBL's being individually hand crafted. The difference in pace between DP's and Stern's (mass) production is remarkable.

#2129 7 years ago

Let me translate the title: Americans are getting crazy from the big Lebowski from Aalten ......

So, are you really getting crazy is the question or is it the usual reporter nonsense

Also Jaap is stating that the typical buyer is a male person age 40-45 eating hamburgers and drinking beer, can you find yourself in this description

If not, guess you have to cancel

#2130 7 years ago

I wouldn't say we're getting crazy... I think we went crazy a long time ago without the Big Lebowski's help.

And we're only eating hamburgers because we can't get paper cones of frites with mayonnaise here. But we're not all fat if that's what Jaap is implying.

#2131 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Also Jaap is stating that the typical buyer is a male person age 40-45 eating hamburgers and drinking beer, can you find yourself in this description.

If not, guess you have to cancel

39, vegan, and don't drink! Jaap doesn't know me at all!!!'

#2132 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

39, vegan, and don't drink!

Poor thing

#2133 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

... vegan, and don't drink!

I have new pity for you Rarehero.

#2134 7 years ago

So when are we getting some new gameplay videos from the early achievers?

#2135 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I have new pity for you Rarehero.

Don't! I just stuffed myself at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant. Gonna take a nap now.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2136 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Don't! I just stuffed myself at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant. Gonna take a nap now.

TVP for the win!

#2137 7 years ago

Gotta consume like the Dude man!

In-N-Out burger (resized).jpgIn-N-Out burger (resized).jpgWhite Russian (resized).jpgWhite Russian (resized).jpg

#2138 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Gotta consume like the Dude man!

Do we ever actually see the Dude eating at In-and-Out? Maybe they were just picking up a sack of burgers for Walter. I kind of imagine the Dude being veggie/vegan.

Booze on the other hand ...

#2139 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Do we ever actually see the Dude eating at In-and-Out? Maybe they were just picking up a sack of burgers for Walter. I kind of imagine the Dude being veggie/vegan.

We never actually see the Dude bowl either ...

#2140 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I don't know. Milk products definitely rule out vegan. And using coffee creamer as a substitute milk product in a Caucasian would indicate the Dude isn't very picky about what he eats. In-and-Out burgers shouldn't be a problem if that's what's available.

#2141 7 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

I don't know. Milk products definitely rule out vegan. And using coffee creamer as a substitute milk product in a Caucasian would indicate the Dude isn't very picky about what he eats. In-and-Out burgers shouldn't be a problem if that's what's available.

Pretty sure The Dude lives off White Russians and weed.

#2142 7 years ago

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#2144 7 years ago

Hey, any of you play a lot of TBL and then revisit a DMD game after a few days or a week? I played some TWD last night for the first time since getting my TBL and the DMD suddenly looked ancient. I don't think DMD games are going age well after a few years of all color displays from all of the manufacturers, so ColorDMD is probably going to sell even faster in the future. Another thing, TWD crushed me. It seemed so much faster and more brutal than TBL. Also, the moving skill shot lights seemed much, faster than when I first got the game. So, my conclusion is that playing TBL is just too relaxing getting into the Dude zone, and is degrading my pinball skills.

#2145 7 years ago

Hey all just got back from the actual Burning Man and played some more games with a friend on my TBL - no issues aside from connectors that got loose during transit so I feel fortunate. Sometimes the pins in the bowling alley register weird like it gives you a stike when it might not should have, but not that big a deal

I wanted to get it online but wasn't able to see how to do that - is that enabled yet or am I missing something?

#2146 7 years ago

Not enabled yet

#2147 7 years ago

Replaced the Super Bands for Titans on the main flippers. Shots feel better. Not nearly as much crazy ball spin.

Bought the wrong size apparently though for the top flipper. I bought the rubber labeled, 'mini' and it's too small. The other options on Titan's site for flippers are 'thin' and '3/8'. I'm guessing I need the 3/8. Can anyone confirm? Not as a big a deal though, the super on the top flipper doesn't really bother me all that much.

Also bought some blue rubber for the slings, but am going to wait to tackle that until I secure some metric nut drivers.

#2148 7 years ago

Not sure if it was this thread or the other but some one mentioned the fact that in TBL when the timers stop, it actually means the mode is over. Unlike in modern sterns where there is usually a 3-5 second grace period where you can make another shot.

I'm conflicted over this.

How do you feel about it?

It really is a different mindset playing the game. I play my ST/TWD all the time knowing that I can still make some magic happen even when the clock runs out. I have to mentally prepare myself now before playing TBL that 0 means 0.

TBL seems correct on the surface, but I've just been trained to play the other way.

I think I prefer having the grace period.

#2149 7 years ago

Where's the next boat????

#2150 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I think I prefer having the grace period.

There is a "grace period" setting in the menu. Not sure what it is for, but mine is set at 3 seconds. I didn'tchange anything so that must be the default

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,000 (OBO)
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.