(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,282 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by MR-808
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sd_tom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

530 posts in this topic match your search for posts by sd_tom. You are on page 3 of 3.
#7634 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Back to assumptions again.
In 2015 there was enough money at the original contracted price.
In mod 2016 there was not enough money anymore because 1) price increased and 2) they were far overdue.
To cover the lack of money not only all 300 TBls should be shipped (200-300 were fresh money remember !) but also an additional 50 BoP should have been shipped. I guess also the original plan for BoP would have been an standard remake with the bop2.0 kit, not the SLE version announced March 2017. If you would market (assumption again) Bop2 at for instance 8-9KUsd, would this not be sellable? And compared to TBL a relative simple pin to built (remember the bop2 kit was already developed).
The profit from this would fill the gap left by 1) late delivery by Ära and 2) Increased price by Ära.
And remember, Ära has always fully been aware of all finances from DO. This from start to end. The header in the email states: two week overview as per contract.

appreciate you're filling in additional details.. but those aren't in this email exchange, that's stuff you're adding to the story. So, sorry if people aren't reading the email with the same insight as yourself

#7654 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not really. The emails could be used as corroborative evidence which is what I think you're trying to say.

Yeah. Just thinking we have an email where Jaap sets a lists of expectations with "in principle we agree.. if.." and then the ARA guy says "As agreed:" with a bunch of items that are not clear, full of wiggle room and room for interpretation.. like "Steps are taken" and "Sort out" ... if this email is the extent of the contract modification that occurred, then nothing is going to be clear cut in the court case.. no smoking gun here. that's all i was saying. Thats assuming the translation we were provided didn't overly dumb it down for us.

1 week later
#7701 5 years ago

obviously they didnt get enough in writing as now they too are SOL , space and time wasted as this ARA lawsuit now churns.

1 week later
#7763 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

If true they have no conscience and no respect, and intended this to be a scam from the beginning

why do you keep posting in here? you seem intent on stirring the pot with either fake news or twisting things to wost possible interpretation. there are a lot of valid negative things to say about DP but come on.

it is as if you will benefit somehow from speeding up this implosion. so whats it to you? are you looking to pick up a container of ARA games to resell or what?

#7775 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Dude, this thread has some pushback in various directions sometimes, but it never really went down like you describe. Not that I can remember.
Why are you hanging out here anyway?

some people confuse what someone says with how they say it. i hope that being a dick about it or presenting speculation as fact will always get somebody a thumbs down.

#7819 5 years ago

seems like in this case if there really were people wanting to put more money in on this to see it out... it would be better to go about being actual investors vs gofundme so you get to see the books, etc.. gofundme just allows more of the same behavior to happen.

#7843 5 years ago

IMHO the deeproot guy has been a blowhard since day one so id take anything he says with giant grain of salt

#7847 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I get why'd you feel that way, but the same could be said for DP. We really don't know, but they have given us reason to take what they say with a grain of salt too.

don't disagree

#7849 5 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Wait, they went ahead and did that, already?? I thought it was just a "proposal"? Did they at least privately / exclusively reach out to the EA's and others in line and say "hey we know this sucks but at least this is your last near shot?"
OVER THE LINE if they did not...

its was pretty clear in the email they sent out

2 weeks later
#7920 5 years ago

We think there's 150 outstanding orders right? so that's $3300 per person to get to 500k. And I would imagine this legal 500k goal is more, possibly much more, than whatever the ARA price increase that they balked at was? That seems more likely to fund than getting 500k from strangers or EAs without it concretely pointing to progress against their own specific game.

#7996 5 years ago

always thought if DP folded into Spooky that it would be the dream team of small manufacturer. DP as the design house and spooky for business management / manufacturing.

IMHO TBL is a better game than what spooky has put out (sans TNA but that's not trying to match bally/williams style)

1 week later
#8204 5 years ago

they told me they needed to print more plastics so there would be delay on shipment. larger demand than they expected.

3 months later
#8452 5 years ago

dupe

#8453 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Well, still some postings here, is there something new?

nope

#8461 5 years ago

the posts of late have been a great reminder of why the private thread is useful

number of posts in last 2 days in private thread: 0
number of posts in last 2 days in this thread: 42

signal to noise ratio a lot better over there

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#8482 5 years ago

sounds like something broke on the game in question or pitched weird. the ball should not make any contact with the pins on a fully functioning game.

#8489 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The ball does hit the pins and that force pushes the plunger up into the coil which pulls it up.

nope

Quoted from Rensh:

They are supposed to go motorized up based on a projectory calculated by the PC based on the moment you release the ball. However, it can happen sometimes they are hit.
So everybody is right here

yeah, it is a timing thing not a contact thing. if someone has 3 broken ones, i can imagine the pins were deactivated but the ball was not.. so people kept launching balls against broken mech.

which could happen on route or something, so in that sense its a useful thing to have spares of. i can't imagine someone in their home who knows better is going to going to do that regularly.

if its happening that the ball is running faster than the computer thinks and hits a pin, i'd be looking for ways to slow the ball down a hair. i'd first adjust level of the game.. a steeper playfield makes a less steep bowling alley to see how far you are out. if the game is too steep before the timing corrects then I'd look into how i could shim rhe bowling alley independent of cabinet.

of course, you can go too far the other way and it kind of spoils the effect where the pins are going up so early that it is very noticeable and spoils the effect

#8491 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What happens after ball is released, does it even matter? So game could be setup 1” high on right side (be totally out of keel) and you could release the ball aligneed and the ball would become a gutter ball on the left side. But because of your release, it scores as a strike????

correct. i will go get photos since people may be curious and my memory not perfect but i think there is an IR beam the ball breaks that starts the clock. the 'which pins should go down' is predetermined based on the direction the launcher is facing. all in all, its pretty convincing given nothing is actually tied to ball hitting anything.

If any of that is accurate, how would changing pitch of game to slow down the ball help because the ball doesn’t make contact with pins?

im talking a hypothetical scenario where for whatever reason the ball is 'beating' the pre programmed timing.. getting to the pin before it is pulled up. the timing is pretty tight, to casual observer they may not notice the pin is already moving prior to ball striking it.

#8514 5 years ago

ARA would have to negotiate a deal with universal before they could do anything but destroy those games. let's see how it plays out, sounds like will know more soon enough.

3 weeks later
#8543 5 years ago

yeah you don't really need a tool. it's a linux box, if you attach keyboard/mouse to it can escape out of the game. then you have Ubuntu desktop and can go poke around the folders.

1 month later
1 month later
#8624 5 years ago
Quoted from genex:

if anyone wants to play a working one there will be one at Arcade Expo this weekend. Talked to the folks working on it and got it working last night.

nice, was starting to think i might want to sell mine to them here at some point so the public can see it but glad someone else did does it have my 3d printed bracket to better align the ramp and back scoop? https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1786982 could bring one sunday if someone is interested

#8626 5 years ago

haven't had issues, so others may have to chime in on that. the important computer bits are multimorphic boards, linux PC. they sold replacement plastic sets. ive seen more complaints about the bowling alley than anything else, but worked out after all the initial troubleshooting.

pinball mechs are williams parts. the lens over the lower playfield is a CFTBL modified slightly / replaceable.

#8647 5 years ago
Quoted from genex:

know if I should get this now and install while we're taking it apart...

its easy to do whenever, no rush. the slot slides over the tongue of the scoop (top) on the dude ramp and just squeezes the clear ramp in a bit more funnel like way. i was getting rejects where the ball hit the sides of the scoop

installation video

3 weeks later
#8755 5 years ago

check my math but 20% of fully paid pre-order games shipped? (40/200) it sucksfor a lot of folks, a total failure as a business... but not an outright scam either.

2 months later
#9120 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

How much will they be worth when they don't work and no replacement parts are available?

unlike others, DP used a lot of off the shelf kit. the hardware (lights, solenoids, switches) controllers are multimorphic p3. the standard pinball parts are largely bally/williams. heck the lower playfield window is the CFTBL window. so, actually.. i feel you have a better shot of maintaining these than some others.

1 week later
#9471 4 years ago

Anybody understand the process and timing? I don’t have a stake in this but can’t turn away. How will it end?
Key Timeline:
Perform open crate inspection - when and by whom?
Testing and approval of each game - when and by whom?
Transfer of x games to shipper - when?
Payment for x games - when and to whom?
Delivery of games?

i wonder if all this could fall apart during the inspection.. what if ARA didn't store the games climate controlled for the last 3 years as they were pissed and just moved them to where was convient/didnt cost them even more money. so, its very good they are getting inspected.. but also we'll see i guess too

#9501 4 years ago

the problem with that is the EAs predated cointaker even being involved with dutch pinball. why would cointaker want to take on burden of dealing with the folks that they never took any money from or had as a customer. the beef should be with Dutch for not holding any back or offering EAs the chance prior to handing allotments to cointaker

2 weeks later
#9948 4 years ago

maybe they could think of making a pro model that moves the bowling modes to video modes. i do agree.. as cool as it is, it doesnt add much to the game.

4 months later
#11324 4 years ago

wcbrandes had same problem, not sure of resolution but would ask him

Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I posted this in the owners thread but I thought I would post here as well.
Help!!!! Anyone run into this?
I tried to update my game with the .51 code. I down loaded the zip file onto a USB drive and plugged it into my game. I followed the instructions on the Dutch Pinball website. The game recognized the the .51 code and I thought I selected the .51 code to run then the whole game went dark except the back glass lights. Everything else is dark.
I've tried shutting the game off and re-booting. Upon start up:
- All playfield lights flash on for a second then go dark.
- The display then has "ASRocK" in large print at the top of the display and at the bottom right corner of the display it says:
-Press F2 or DEL. to run UEFI Setup
-Press F6 for Instant Flash
-Press F11 for Boot Menu
-Press Tab to Switch Screen
After that screen disappears I get:
- Dutch (DP logo) Pinball
After that screen disappears I get:
- Flushing Read Buffer: 0 bytes trashed
- Verify Chip ID task took too long to receive data
- Verification of chip ID failed. Flushing read buffer and re-verifying chip id.
- Flushing read buffer: 0 bytes trashed
- FPGA chip ID: 0xf33db33f
- FPGA chip Version/Rev: 2.6
On the same display screen (in the top right corner of the display) I also get:
Disconnected - you are now offline Network
Then the display goes blank and that's it. Only the back glass light stays on and you can tell the display is on but nothing else is displayed.
I have tried getting into the service menu and nothing. At this point it is completely dead.
Anybody have any suggestions?
QSS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
530 posts in this topic match your search for posts by sd_tom. You are on page 3 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sd_tom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/3?tu=sd_tom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.