(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 306.
#1701 7 years ago

Got my note about shipping....now just waiting for the container to fill.

#1702 7 years ago

Yep me too!

#1703 7 years ago

I´m still waiting (#18) although I was told that it was in production the week before last.....

#1704 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

I´m still waiting (#18) although I was told that it was in production the week before last.....

I'm #17 so you've got to be close. Mine was in test per Facebook over a week ago.

#1705 7 years ago

Is anyone in this latest batch considering the air ship? I am trying to have solidarity with my container brothers.. but at the same time, looking to see how much cash back I have accumulated on my credit card (not enough to make up the cost differences).

#1706 7 years ago

I got my shipping method email this morning. I'm #23 and I'm going container. It should be almost filled by now

#1707 7 years ago

I got mine this morning too - #19. I am sticking with the slow boat.

#1708 7 years ago

Just confirmed slow boat as well. Seemed like a full container is coming real soon anyway, then ~4 weeks shipping between boat and truck. I can deal with sometime in August to save $1k.

#1709 7 years ago

#14 is on the fast boat ( I don't accept slow boats )

#1710 7 years ago

Great news for all of you Guys!

The upside of the imminent transit time; more developed code will be ready by the time of arrival....

Anyway.. It's worth the wait!

#1711 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Got my note about shipping....now just waiting for the container to fill.

Cool! Only a year after you said you'd get it too.

At least you were smart enough not to take me up on my wager.

Posted 5-13-15:

Quoted from RobT:

Do you still expect to have yours by the end of June?
You were still very confident about having it by the end of June just 4 months ago:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game/page/44#post-2119429

Quoted from burningman:

I am a first day pre-order, and from what has been communicated, I expect to see the games ship as they expected by the end of Q2. I would be thrilled to have it by the end of June. And I have no knowledge of any delays at this point.

#1713 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Cool! Only a year after you said you'd get it too.
At least you were smart enough not to take me up on my wager.
Posted 5-13-15:

Damn those past posts that come back to haunt you!

I had a similar exchange with RobT about getting my TBL by the end of 2015. This year for sure!

#1714 7 years ago

Lucky ducks! I thought I'd have mine by August (#53) ...what's a better guess now - October? November?

#1715 7 years ago

We could pull up a lot of old posts where people were positive this wasn't gonna happen at all.

If you will it dude, it is no dream!

#1716 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Is anyone in this latest batch considering the air ship? I am trying to have solidarity with my container brothers.. but at the same time, looking to see how much cash back I have accumulated on my credit card (not enough to make up the cost differences).

Do it do it!

Quoted from sd_tom:Is anyone in this latest batch considering the air ship? I am trying to have solidarity with my container brothers.. but at the same time, looking to see how much cash back I have accumulated on my credit card (not enough to make up the cost differences).

Take the fast train so I can slow boat it ...please.. Otherwise decisions will be have to be made and my turtle may not eat for like a month.

#1717 7 years ago

just got note that mine´s gonna ship on Mon/Tue.....

#1718 7 years ago

This is so awesome. I hope maybe one of my fellow southern CA pinsiders will invite me over to play. I'm at the back of the list, so it may still be awhile for me. So happy for everyone getting there games

#1719 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

just got note that mine´s gonna ship on Mon/Tue.....

Congrats!
Number 18 is being shipped!
Only 130 to go

#1720 7 years ago

still no sign of any shipment

"Where´s the pin, Lebowski?"
"It´s gotta be down there somewhere, let me have another look."

#1721 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

still no sign of any shipment
"Where´s the pin, Lebowski?"
"It´s gotta be down there somewhere, let me have another look."

Did they confirm it did ship or waiting for it to leave DP still?

#1722 7 years ago

they told me last Friday it would ship Monday/Tuesday. Since then I´ve heard nothing. I sure hope the game´s better than their communication......but we all know that, don´t we?

#1723 7 years ago

About a month or less away from the dreaded August mandatory vacation. Wonder if they will get to 50 shipped before then?

#1724 7 years ago

How long is the August vacation?

#1725 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

they told me last Friday it would ship Monday/Tuesday. Since then I´ve heard nothing. I sure hope the game´s better than their communication......but we all know that, don´t we?

Have they got in touch with you re payment for shipping? DP gave me a couple of dates that the machine would ship on before it actually did ship - the date they gave me when they requested payment was the date it shipped on.

I'm expecting a few parts to arrive from DP in the next few days, and hoping that when they arrive I'll be able to resolve the last few issues with my game. When that happens I'll record some more gameplay.

#1726 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

How long is the August vacation?

From memory, 3 weeks.

#1727 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Did you order air shipment or slow boat ?

#1728 7 years ago

He is in Germany, so he won't affect our container

Quoted from Nilroc:

Did you order air shipment or slow boat ?

#1729 7 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I'm expecting a few parts to arrive from DP in the next few days, and hoping that when they arrive I'll be able to resolve the last few issues with my game. When that happens I'll record some more gameplay.

Are these parts replacements or potentially redesigned elements ? Thinking if they found sonething they wanted to improve for everyone, might be a cause for a hold up with BigLebowski's machine.

#1730 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Are these parts replacements or potentially redesigned elements ? Thinking if they found sonething they wanted to improve for everyone, might be a cause for a hold up with BigLebowski's machine.

Replacement opto boards for the bowling alley toy, and what I believe to be a screw and washer or similar that was missing from the bowling alley exterior on the upper playfield. Nothing redesigned.

I received the package on Saturday but haven't had a chance to install yet. To be honest with the work week I have ahead, I probably won't have a chance til the weekend.

#1731 7 years ago

I wanted to report from Pintastic New England. Jaap was at the show and did a great presentation. He talked about the details they wanted in the game and showed the customization menus. Talked about he modes and stacking. One thing I had seen that hadn't been talked about is that the machines can already connect to the cloud like Bride 2.0. I couldn't find it on the web, but he certainly showed it at the show.

Had drinks with Jaap... it was an opportunity to pound him with questions, but I didn't.

My general impression is that he really cares and want's these to be the coolest pinball machines! He reported the first trailer is almost full and he figured when these machines go to the US reports would blow up on the internet.

#1732 7 years ago

The eagle has landed!!!

P1080287_(resized).JPGP1080287_(resized).JPG

and it´s now sitting in my parking garage and I have to figure out a way to get this 160kg beast into my flat on the 4th floor....

I´ll probably remove the backbox because separated they fit into my elevator.

A first look inside:

P1080288_(resized).JPGP1080288_(resized).JPG

more to come.....

#1734 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

The eagle has landed!!!

and it´s now sitting in my parking garage and I have to figure out a way to get this 160kg beast into my flat on the 4th floor....
I´ll probably remove the backbox because separated they fit into my elevator.
A first look inside:

more to come.....

Unboxing party in the parking garage?

#1735 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

... and it´s now sitting in my parking garage and I have to figure out a way to get this 160kg beast into my flat on the 4th floor.... I'll probably remove the backbox because separated they fit into my elevator.

Yikes.

Congrats and good luck with the final move! Looking forward to hearing your take on the game when you get a chance.

#1736 7 years ago

ShIt, 160 kg

I have to move it upstairs so I will feel every kg. Lucky enough easy to seperate backbox from cabinet and take playfield out should be rather simple

In 3 parts it should be doable.

#1737 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

From memory, 3 weeks.

Typical it is indeed 3 weeks however I understood it is 2 weeks in this case but not full capacity for a few weeks more. So a more spread holiday

#1738 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Typical it is indeed 3 weeks however I understood it is 2 weeks in this case but not full capacity for a few weeks more. So a more spread holiday

A few weeks yet until the first container of 21 games is filled?

Quoted from geo:

I wanted to report from Pintastic New England. Jaap was at the show and did a great presentation. He talked about the details they wanted in the game and showed the customization menus. Talked about he modes and stacking.
Had drinks with Jaap... it was an opportunity to pound him with questions, but I didn't.

Any specific discussion of game production rate? Hardware refinements? Code upgrades?

#1739 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

A few weeks yet until the first container of 21 games is filled?

He was talking about the Netherlands extended holiday period. Think there's some fingers crossed that container will be full before end of month

#1740 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

ShIt, 160 kg
I have to move it upstairs so I will feel every kg. Lucky enough easy to seperate backbox from cabinet and take playfield out should be rather simple
In 3 parts it should be doable.

Good news on that part mine has moved two floors and for sure I'm not taking the beast upstairs in one part!

Removed the backglass (damn heavy!), backbox (by removing screws from inside backbox). Luckily there are a very few connectors to be disconnect the backbox.

Also need to get PF out which at first seemed to be problem since cablebooms were strangled (by tie wraps) but cutting a couple + disconnecting a couple of connectors ON the PF-Board it was surprisingly easy!

So quite an doable task after all (well done DP!)

Tip of the Day: when having the PF out of the cabinet and before reinstalling I would recommend to stick a strip of soft liner/band on the PF side to prevent future scratching on the nice even black cabinet finish!! I bought roll of sticky tick tack band and just use the 'soft side'.

#1741 7 years ago

Is production still around 5/week? Just curious if anyone could provide a ballpark on when some pins might be available to those who didn't preorder. I'm guessing about a year from now if they keep the current production pace.

#1742 7 years ago

When I put a deposit down with Cointaker in early June they said October/November... I don't see that happening. Honestly I'd be surprised if I had it in the first half of 2017. I'm fine with that- after all, The Dude Abides!

TBL_Secret_Code_(resized).pngTBL_Secret_Code_(resized).png

#1743 7 years ago

Dp has repeatedly said that all pre orders will be shipped this year. Highest known pre order serialnumber is approx 200. I estimate production is now like 5 pcs per week and slowly increasing. When I was there like 5 weeks ago they were testing serialnumbers up to 16 and now they are close to 40?

First run of machines is 300. This leaves like 100 to none pre-orders? Like ordered via CT or Nitro? If they do all pre orders this year I would guess the extra 100 will be like 10-15 weeks? For sure they should be than at a production rate of around 10 a week? So dependable on where you are between 200-300 this would set you first or second quarter 2017

Pls note my guessing is about production time and doesn't include waiting time for containers to fill, shipping etc.

Sofar my educated guesses but we all know how bumpy the road can be of pinball manufacturers. If you would have ordered a MMr in NL you still dont have it for example. First delivery of TBL in NL was sooner ...

#1744 7 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Good news on that part mine has moved two floors and for sure I'm not taking the beast upstairs in one part!
Removed the backglass (damn heavy!), backbox (by removing screws from inside backbox). Luckily there are a very few connectors to be disconnect the backbox.
Also need to get PF out which at first seemed to be problem since cablebooms were strangled (by tie wraps) but cutting a couple + disconnecting a couple of connectors ON the PF-Board it was surprisingly easy!
So quite an doable task after all (well done DP!)
Tip of the Day: when having the PF out of the cabinet and before reinstalling I would recommend to stick a strip of soft liner/band on the PF side to prevent future scratching on the nice even black cabinet finish!! I bought roll of sticky tick tack band and just use the 'soft side'.

Good to hear, thanks !! Even better to read you like to enough to take the effort to move it upstairs

#1745 7 years ago

Hmm,
I wonder how BigLebowski is doing with moving his machine up to the 4th floor in the elevator?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1746 7 years ago

Hi Nilroc, thanks for asking, I´m doing fine. TBL has arrived on the 4th floor. After taking off the BB it was not such a big problem anymore.
Taking off the BB is much easier than we are used to. A few screws, a few connectors and off it goes. And once you´ve taken the backglass and the LED panel out the BB doesn´t weigh much anymore anyway.
Unfortunately I had to leave for the weekend after the transport, so putting it back together and starting the first game will have to wait til tonight.

I tried to document the steps that are not in the Quick Setup Guide Barry sends you when your pin is on its way:

To disconnect the backglass (be careful, it´s much heavier than you might expect) you have to remove the left part of this connector:
P1080311_(resized).JPGP1080311_(resized).JPGP1080312_(resized).JPGP1080312_(resized).JPG
Don´t worry about reconnecting it, it only fits one way.

To remove the Speaker Panel you have disconnect the 4 horseshoe from the lower left of the soundboard, the big blue VGA connector from the LED panel and the other half of the little yellow connector:
P1080309_(resized).JPGP1080309_(resized).JPG
Reconnecting is also easy. The speaker cables are marked "left" and "right", red goes on the "+" connector, black on the "-".

To remove the backbox from the cabinet you have to disconnect a few more cables:

1.) 3 white, 3 black and 1 black/purple cable from the power supply:
P1080295_(resized).JPGP1080295_(resized).JPG
Just to be safe I marked the white and black cables, but I assume they can go anywhere as long as white goes to "V+" and black goes to "V-".

2.) 4 subwoofer cables from the lower right of the sound board:
P1080294_(resized).JPGP1080294_(resized).JPG
I marked them, because I wasn´t sure if they can be interchanged.

3.) The black USB cable from the mainboard:
P1080296_(resized).JPGP1080296_(resized).JPG

4.) The blue ground strap from the backbox hinge screw:
P1080297_(resized).JPGP1080297_(resized).JPG

Now cut a few tie wraps and remove the nuts from the backbox hinge screws (be careful that the hinges don´t scratch the cabinet) and you can take the backbox off the cab.

Hope this helps.

Herbert

#1747 7 years ago

Whats that metal box in the corner in the last picture? Is that the power inlet?

#1749 7 years ago

The power switch? As in like the new spike system power switch. Jesus flip! After 2 1/2 years of waiting no one felt it necessary to mention this? How the hell am I gonna reach that thing? I'm out!

#1750 7 years ago

Dannylite - Sorry to see you depart. as previously indicated, I'll be delighted to take one of your spots!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.