(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,280 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Cojua88
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 306.
#1601 7 years ago

You can kiss all you want iceman but you got scared and couldnt relax man. True believers didn't waiver when Phil melted and we are here, totally stoked. You know why? Cause we believe in DP. You bailed.
A 2 minute convo with Barry proved to me these guys are for real.
Ectobar is right.. You're a loser for pulling out. This will be the greatest pin in history and the early code revisions are there to prove it. Don't be sour because you ejected man.

#1602 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I played the same game when it was in Edmonton a few weeks back. it had some issues from time to time, but Tommy was able to get them straightened out. This is one of the very early machines I believe, I think its serial number was like ES-1 or something. it gets a lot of play on weekends like this. I played it for a solid hour on the last day of the Edmonton Expo when i had it all to myself and had no issues other than the right flipper sticking a little bit occasionally if i held it too long.

You're right. The one I played at a friends house (part of the development team) was ES05. The "ES" machines are the first off the line, the preproduction machines, and they still have small issues. Mechanically it played perfectly, but at this stage they are still testing some software stuff and being a software developer myself I know how hard it can be to let people play with software that is being developed. There are still bugs all over the place. ES05 also crashed a couple of times, but the overall impression of the mechanics (very solid) and the software, sound and visuals are absolutely stunning so far. I can't put my finger on it, but somehow their screen works better than the one in WOZ and Hobbit.

Back then, I found it a big blow for TBL that it lost it's original songs. Now I'm thinking that it might be better this way. With the numerous call outs that are quite long and funny and need to be heard, instrumental music is much better. Playing original songs with singing in them, it would get very messy with guys throwing in funny quotes. Playing this machine in a home environment also let's you experience how crystal clear the audio is.

#1603 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was in on day one at Expo. Fully paid. Then thankfully got $$ back after Phil gate.
I haven't "repeatedly" done anything except follow this from day one.
I'm always interested and looking for a reason to own any pin. Don't like my realistic opinion, go F yourself.

You're overly negative Ice! Not actually based on facts since you mention call the sound "horrendous"... Well it definitely isn't! And please do explain what you mean with "clunky"... ???

The game feels solid, has good flow, speed and lots of action. Like it's very nice you can build series of multiballs.

Maybe you are confused with an other game...

#1604 7 years ago

Ice got burned on JPOP after being someone who attacked others for being naysayers on the game(s). So, feel he's painting other things with the same brush and might be a little mad the one pre-order he DID pull out on, actually is shaping up nicely. The man is passionate but annoying since tomorrow he'll say something opposite, just as passionately. A flip flopper turned up to 11.. best not engage as it's just too frustrating.

It's also the preorder club thread; should move along Iceman. Your revolution is over. condolences.

#1605 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How much are you willing to pay to acquire one?
Video is great. Negatives to me are the rug shot, bowling play field and the horrendous instrumentals along with the "clunky feel".
I think you gotta really love the theme over everything else to justify this one.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1606 7 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

..... You're a loser for pulling out.

Doesn't seem fair to call him the loser. People get a refund for all kinds of reasons. There were at least three major issues to consider. Heck, if even one of them did not meet your personal smell test, you were advised to bail immediately! Nobody is a loser

#1607 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Doesn't seem fair to call him the loser. People get a refund for all kinds of reasons. There were at least three major issues to consider. Heck, if even one of them did not meet your personal smell test, you were advised to bail immediately! Nobody is a loser

I am a loser for believing in JPOP, what the hell was I thinking!

#1608 7 years ago

I'm a loser that pays ridiculous prices for pinball games and proud of it!

#1609 7 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

You're overly negative Ice! Not actually based on facts since you mention call the sound "horrendous"... Well it definitely isn't! And please do explain what you mean with "clunky"... ???
The game feels solid, has good flow, speed and lots of action. Like it's very nice you can build series of multiballs.
Maybe you are confused with an other game...

Ok, maybe I overstate the sound issue as "horrendous". I'm obviously not there playing like you and the guy that made the videos but its disappointing at least from the original song versions, not something I'd like to have to just "put up with". The music was a big part of it for me.

When I say "clunky", I think its evident from the videos, but that is probably true with a lot of pins when you miss shots, TWD is "clunky" that way. On top of it, the shot layout doesn't look great to me. The rug shot and bowling mech, and the upper play field is WPT not great.

I follow this pin because I was a "pre order" and still have an interest in it. Believe me, I've got empathy for people that have waited years for a pin to come, Woz got pages of hate then and still does, and of course waiting for a pin that never came.

Overly negative? Maybe, I'd love to play it now, but I realize its a perfect pin now that's above criticism in most of your eyes!

Come on Dudes, I'm wrong a lot, maybe wrong here, just some observations This is the "Dude club" thread so I'll refrain from negative discussion in the future here.

#1610 7 years ago

Ice think of the custom sound packages available for TWD, many possibilitys here

#1611 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ice think of the custom sound packages available for TWD, many possibilitys here

No doubt, that's what I'm hoping for, the "real" awesome tunes, with a sub woofer and rocking out like my Ac/dc.

I hope to "flip flop" again on this one.

#1612 7 years ago

How many instrumental tracks are now in TBL from the last code update?
I wonder how many total there are going to be included from the original movie?

#1613 7 years ago

I agree with Iceman. The latest video gameplay of TBL looks terrible in terms of shots/gameplay. Is this proof that the pin will suck? Obviously not. But watching that video certainly doesn't give me the feeling of wanting to get this pin in my lineup any time soon either.

#1614 7 years ago

I just watched the vid and I am very impressed overall. Looks like many satisfying shots. Ripping that spinner looks like fun. Left ramp looks very hard to make; kinda reminds me of Taxi's left ramp? Upper play field looks very cool too. Reminds me of White water - need good timing up there.

I agree that the music is fine. Vocals mixed with movie call outs could be too much and create a "garbled" feel. That being said- needs way more call outs! Assuming that will come with code.

Really like the White Russian toy and like the lighting effect when you shoot over there.

Only complaint I see in the video- they need to change the name of the "character" multiball. Pretty weak, not creative at all, too literal. Maybe a translation barrier with the Dutch?

With some good code could be a real winner.

#1615 7 years ago

Played this at the NW Pinball Show, not long enough to see much of anything (though I was standing behind this gigantic beast of a dude who basically toured the whole game, and got a nice view of the action). The flippers seemed a little weak, and it was too quiet to hear any of the call-outs or music, but the flow was nice. I love, love, love that rug toy, and the little car that comes out in the upper playfield is super cute. It did feel a little generic, though, with all the name-spelling going on, but I know everyone loves Lebowski and it wasn't super brutal like GB, so it'll probably be well-received on location!

#1616 7 years ago

You're right. Not very dude like of me to call iceman a loser. Sorry ice

#1617 7 years ago

I'm so on the fence about the music, for it was what really grabbed me. Other than the fact it's one of my favorite movies. Very interested to see someone put original music in and see if it is not that great with the call outs. Just please don't put in any fuc##ng Eagles man.

#1618 7 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

You're right. Not very dude like of me to call iceman a loser. Sorry ice

No problem Dude. I might be the loser if it turns out great and I have to pay more to get it later.

I was Jpopping during that time frame of Phil gate so all kinds of shit was unraveling.

The White Russian drink and lighting is very cool.

Hopefully we can get more discussion and video going. Thx to the guys that have posted vids.

Compared to other new pin threads this one is sparse.

#1619 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok, maybe I overstate the sound issue as "horrendous". I'm obviously not there playing like you and the guy that made the videos but its disappointing at least from the original song versions, not something I'd like to have to just "put up with". The music was a big part of it for me.
When I say "clunky", I think its evident from the videos, but that is probably true with a lot of pins when you miss shots, TWD is "clunky" that way. On top of it, the shot layout doesn't look great to me. The rug shot and bowling mech, and the upper play field is WPT not great.
I follow this pin because I was a "pre order" and still have an interest in it. Believe me, I've got empathy for people that have waited years for a pin to come, Woz got pages of hate then and still does, and of course waiting for a pin that never came.
Overly negative? Maybe, I'd love to play it now, but I realize its a perfect pin now that's above criticism in most of your eyes!
Come on Dudes, I'm wrong a lot, maybe wrong here, just some observations This is the "Dude club" thread so I'll refrain from negative discussion in the future here.

No fear is clunky
Sttng can be... Shadow can be

Tbl is not.

The biggest issue with the sound is I think it's kind of average now verse standing out.

The game feels like a 90s wms/bly in play and rules.

#1620 7 years ago

Re music.. I think I'm falling on the side of the instrumentals. If no one has braved trying to swap songs out by the time I get mine, I'll give it a go.

#1621 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No fear is clunky
Sttng can be... Shadow can be
Tbl is not.
The biggest issue with the sound is I think it's kind of average now verse standing out.
The game feels like a 90s wms/bly in play and rules.

How so like 90's wms/bally in play and rules?

I can see build quality looks very solid.

My RS is mostly linear. NBAFB rules are obviously unique and Wh20 is a ton of fun.

#1622 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How so like 90's wms/bally in play and rules?

The kind of objectives and being mode based. Contrast this with something like TWD, MET, GOT, etc which are much more about creative stacking, multipliers, combos, etc.

TBL has the usual hit something to light lock, lock three balls.. multiball.
Hit the shot x times to qualify that shot, then hit the shot to start a multiball based on how many qualified (felt like MM's multiball you start from the saucer). (this is 'character multiball')
Hit the target to start a mode.. then hit some lit shots

The game is much more like a twilight zone or monster bash then it is a recent stern. Those games were more about getting the objective than about the crafty way you set things up.

The upper playfield is neat in that there are multiple shots.

I couldn't really figure out the display much in my playing... they use the lolipops to show actions over the main video but beyond points, I couldn't make out what it was really trying to tell me and why things were different colors.

The game's mass and build quality felt like a big ol wms superpin.. but the flippers weren't as responsive on the example I played. The ball moved well and shots felt rewarding.

#1623 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I couldn't really figure out the display much in my playing... they use the lolipops to show actions over the main video but beyond points, I couldn't make out what it was really trying to tell me and why things were different colors.

Well, it's quite easy... On the right side are all the hit shots displayed. When hitting several shots in a short period of time the equal amount of "lollipops" drop down in an animated way. Each score in the corresponding color (MAUDE:yellow, DONNY:blue, ball lock:green, nihilist target:orange and so on...). Think this is really nicely done.

Quoted from flynnibus:

The game's mass and build quality felt like a big ol wms superpin.. but the flippers weren't as responsive on the example I played. The ball moved well and shots felt rewarding.

Yesterday had to move the machine... That was the reminder how heavy the thing is. It's really a monster!

Also seen many comment on the flipper strength... In the current software standard strength settings are oke. You can adjust/increase the strength to such a level there is more than enough coiljuice flowing!
- Nothing to worry about, Dudes!

#1624 7 years ago

I just dropped,in to see what condition my condition was in.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1625 7 years ago

Is it as heavy as WOZ is or more ? That one is a beast too. I can't wait to have this arrive.

#1626 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Is it as heavy as WOZ is or more ? That one is a beast too. I can't wait to have this arrive.

Prob not.. TBL is standard vs WOZ wide body. extra wood weight. But otherwise prob close.. bowling alley at least weighs as much as one of WOZs additional upper playfields.

#1627 7 years ago
Quoted from sven:

If I'm not mistaken in BOP 2.0 the skill shot is given as bonus points at the end of the ball. Maybe it's the same with TBL?

Quoted from nwpinball:

Yeah, with BOP 2.0 it tells you what you scored in the skill shot, but it's not added in until the bonus, at the end, which is awesome if you get 2X bonus.
Just played my first game on the Big Lebowski, fun! I liked the music, no flipper strength problems on this one.

It used to be like this, but starting from v1.14 (Nov 6 2015) "Skillshot bonus category is now more in balance with other bonus categories. Now a normal skillshot is 25k in bonus and a super skillshot 125k. It used to be the entire skillshot value, which made skillshots too valuable." http://www.dutchpinball.com/bop2/software/changelog.txt

I'm surprised that TBL doesn't seem to have online software update yet, although the plan (I believe) was to use the same functionality in TBL as in BoP2.0 as much as possible. Having said that, it's been quite a while since they designed BoP2.0 and if things can be done better in TBL, so be it. According to Koen last October, the code base in the two games is pretty similar. http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=96&p=561#p561

Does TBL support live scoring yet? http://www.dutchpinball.com/tbl/live/ is empty, but it could be that the first lucky who have gotten their games haven't enabled this yet.

#1628 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hope they sell a bunch overseas, I don't see the excitement now or people lining up to drop over $9k here in the US.
I'd like to play it, don't want to own it, but for those that do, congrats on the fact that its finally shipping.

Huge excitement about it at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show this past weekend, it won best pinball machine in the awards and the line was 5 to 25 people deep the entire time. Most talked about game at the show for sure, most played game, most buzz.

#1629 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Huge excitement about it at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show this past weekend, it won best pinball machine in the awards and the line was 5 to 25 people deep the entire time. Most talked about game at the show for sure, most played game, most buzz.

Definitely seemed to be the most popular game at the show! I went thru the line four times myself.

A fun game even without the latest code upgrade installed apparently (missing rug mode completion shots, red lit sub-playfield during Nihilist Showdown, and other misc details that can be seen in JustLikeMe's V0.43 gameplay videos.)

#1630 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

We had a great time at the show and were thrilled to have The Big Lebowski at our booth. Thanks to all of those who stopped by and patiently waited in line to hang with The Dude! Also a big thanks to everyone at the Northwest Pinball Show for putting on an exceptional event and awarding TBL with "Best Pinball Machine" & "Best In Show"

TBLAwards_(resized).JPGTBLAwards_(resized).JPG

TBLLineUp_(resized).JPGTBLLineUp_(resized).JPG

#1631 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

We had a great time at the show and were thrilled to have The Big Lebowski at our booth. Thanks to all of those who stopped by and patiently waited in line to hang with The Dude!

I hope you sold a few!

#1632 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

We had a great time at the show and were thrilled to have The Big Lebowski at our booth. Thanks to all of those who stopped by and patiently waited in line to hang with The Dude! Also a big thanks to everyone at the Northwest Pinball Show for putting on an exceptional event and awarding TBL with "Best Pinball Machine" & "Best In Show"

Ha! My two pinball nerd buddies in front of the line on the right side in the photo.

#1633 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I was one of those waiting in line a half hour or more to play the game. Absolutely loved it! Was going to stand in line a third time but thought why? I'm getting one, it's just a matter of when I'm getting it!

#1634 7 years ago

Anyone get the call recently to setup shipping?

#1635 7 years ago

Any ideas on production numbers. I ordered through cointaker as soon as they put the deal together . They could not give me a build number, but I'm hoping I'm soon after the first 200 that stuck it out. I'm very excited and hope to have mine by the end of the year or sooner would be great.

#1636 7 years ago

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys, mine came in 2 weeks ago.

#1637 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Seriously? What # are you?

#1638 7 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Well, it's quite easy... On the right side are all the hit shots displayed. When hitting several shots in a short period of time the equal amount of "lollipops" drop down in an animated way. Each score in the corresponding color (MAUDE:yellow, DONNY:blue, ball lock:green, nihilist target:orange and so on...). Think this is really nicely done.

Yesterday had to move the machine... That was the reminder how heavy the thing is. It's really a monster!
Also seen many comment on the flipper strength... In the current software standard strength settings are oke. You can adjust/increase the strength to such a level there is more than enough coiljuice flowing!
- Nothing to worry about, Dudes!

I didn't say strength... I said responsiveness. The ability to control the engagement, the tap, and how much control there was.

#1639 7 years ago

Sorry I've been missing from the thread the past few days, I was away over the weekend.

Got an email from DP this morning with slightly updated code, release notes as follows:

Version 0.44 (June 6th 2016)

Rules:
- Hitting the rug during rug modes adds 10 seconds to the mode's timer (except
for the "Where's the Money" mode where the rug is the main shot).
- Regular Multiball can no longer be progressed towards or started during
Character Multiball - this proved too confusing and wasn't worthwhile.
- Adjusted bummer bonus to 6.900 (down from 69.000).

Assets:
- New Bonus countdown background & text movement.
- Updated Bowling pins visualization.

Improvements:
- Left ramp diverter stays down shorter to prevent the coil from warming up.
- During attract mode the flipper buttons now trigger random quotes.
- The "Match" and "Female Form" music tracks are a bit louder now.

Bugfixes:
- After tilting, the rug would not detect hits for the rest of the game.
- Simultaneous Rug Mode & Lock shot now discards the Rug Mode shot animation.
- Bonus countdown wouldn't always have the correct length of background music.

Nothing too exciting, but it shows that they are working away on it - and it's nice to receive incremental upgrades when they are ready as opposed to waiting months for a big update like with Stern.

#1640 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Nihilist

#1641 7 years ago

Can anyone confirm if they're accepting regular orders now, and if you'll be assigned a game number when ordering? Contacted CoinTaker almost a week ago but haven't been able to get a definitive answer.

#1642 7 years ago

The numbers were more about preorders I think. Dunno what the current system is.

#1643 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Seriously? What # are you?

Just kidding. Bored, sitting here waiting on the slow boat with #19 on it.....

#1644 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

What!
Not doing the air freight option!

#1645 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

You were way too nonchalant about it. We're counting on your report when it does finally land.
I haven't seen any of the early Achievers state they regret their purchase, so I'm taking this as a good sign of things to come.

#1646 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

What!
Not doing the air freight option!

I thought about it, but felt like I could wait a few more weeks. Enjoying the updates a lot.

I probably ought to sell a few games while I am waiting. No idea where I would put this thing right now!!!

#1647 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I probably ought to sell a few games while I am waiting. No idea where I would put this thing right now!!!

Yeah I'm in same boat. So far, not selling a game has paid off. So will continue this policy for the time being

#1648 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Yeah I'm in same boat. So far, not selling a game has paid off. So will continue this policy for the time being

We're all boat pals! Can't wait for this thing - people at my photography studio are psyched too since that's where it'll go!

#1649 7 years ago
Quoted from genex:

We're all boat pals! Can't wait for this thing - people at my photography studio are psyched too since that's where it'll go!

Can I get a job working at the photography studio?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 22.50
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 15,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.