(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,114 posts
  • 614 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 937 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

snafubar.png
Cash Machine (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
248E6180-C5FC-42E0-BFDD-3AF29E6979FF (resized).jpeg
6868685D-D473-48C3-A316-0C505EAE7797 (resized).jpeg
27DE3EF0-6251-4D0A-A589-75AEE0E66D81 (resized).jpeg
869AF936-E13C-4A94-BB35-774886977DCF (resized).jpeg
630402B2-B1CB-4066-AEE0-236A564FB65A (resized).jpeg
E4DFF554-5673-4DDA-B93E-88AC92ADF543 (resized).jpeg
1C08CB09-1027-48C0-86AE-5A3093262C3F (resized).jpeg
EA6D8509-4CEA-4D91-AC18-E7244C457EC4 (resized).jpeg
F6DD9947-56E6-41B7-A6F6-AB8DC98D5D95 (resized).jpeg
5DA182BF-9053-4FAF-B3D9-6D112C43844E (resized).jpeg
laugh_o_meter (resized).jpg
themoreuknow.gif
9e8da9619349be7d54dade0f048bd57b (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 11114 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 223.
#1501 3 years ago

"Yesterday we tested and boxed game #9." - congrats to Genex. Looking forward to that first container being enroute!

egads - that makes me container 8. (#147).

#1502 3 years ago

Have a GnR as a place filler for an 163 I believe.

To celebrate this latest NSN I made my GnR feel more like a TBL

Remember folks, pinball is all about having fun

#1503 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

egads - that makes me container 8. (#147).

A few of us West Coasters (including Canada) are in the 140s, so I imagine we will receive at the same time.

#1504 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Remember folks, pinball is all about having fun

And singing along with game.....

#1505 3 years ago

From the notes for the new code, I particularly like this feature:

- Added possibility to cancel starting "Character Multiball" with the launch button, so it's safer to collect "Mark It Zero" and "Let's Go Bowling".

Very cool.

#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wonder if they can come up with a better name than "Character Multiball". Maybe something clever based on which characters you have collected when you start it. For example, if you have Dude and Maude = Coitus Multiball. Donny and Walter = Out of Your Element Multiball. The combinations could get really funny.

Here's what I think are all the permutations for brainstorming. A large amount don't work.. but i'm thinking those could be "A lotta ins, a lotta Outs" or "Stranger" or just leave those as Character Multiball

Dude
Dude & Maude
Dude & Walter
Dude & Donny
Dude & Jesus
Dude & Maude & Walter
Dude & Maude & Donny
Dude & Maude & Jesus
Dude & Maude & Walter & Donny
Dude & Maude & Walter & Jesus
Dude & Maude & Walter & Donny & Jesus
Maude
Maude & Walter
Maude & Donny
Maude & Jesus
Maude & Walter & Donny
Maude & Walter & Jesus
Maude & Walter & Donny & Jesus
Walter
Walter & Donny
Walter & Jesus
Walter & Donny & Jesus
Donny
Donny & Jesus
Jesus

#1507 3 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

And singing along with game.....

So.. you're saying you can get the original song list into the game

#1508 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

So.. you're saying you can get the original song list into the game

I want Rens to do the voice over....

#1509 3 years ago

The changelog that I posted yesterday has had a small update this morning. Yesterday it stated:

Version 0.43 (xx-05-2016)

Whereas today it states:

Version 0.43 (27-05-2016)

Looks like new code will be out today!

#1510 3 years ago

I just received the email with the links to download the new software...

#1511 3 years ago

What would this be?!?

image_(resized).jpeg

Now installing...

#1512 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#1513 3 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

What would this be?!?

No installing...

Please let me know your thoughts! Particularly interested in how the rug modes have evolved... My machine is due on Monday or Tuesday next week and this is going to make the wait much more difficult.

Was switching the connectors easy?

#1514 3 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Please let me know your thoughts! Particularly interested in how the rug modes have evolved... My machine is due on Monday or Tuesday next week and this is going to make the wait much more difficult.
Was switching the connectors easy?

Switching connectors is a breeze... Just in and out.

#1515 3 years ago

I've extracted the file locally and browsed through it a bit... Don't think it will be particularly difficult to switch out the music.

TBL_Music_(resized).jpg

Each folder contains a .wav file. I imagine if you replace the .wav file with another of the same name, it'll work.

TBL_Music_2_(resized).jpg

I've only found the rug mode music files so far.

#1516 3 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Switching connectors is a breeze... Just in and out.

Fantastic, thanks.

#1517 3 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I've extracted the file locally and browsed through it a bit... Don't think it will be particularly difficult to switch out the music.

Each folder contains a .wav file. I imagine if you replace the .wav file with another of the same name, it'll work.

I've only found the rug mode music files so far.

They could have put checksum verification on the wave files to make it not that simple but promising.

#1518 3 years ago

I doubt it. Simply replace the file with your music and the same filename and run the update. Obviously save the originals to return it to stock.

Quoted from sd_tom:

They could have put checksum verification on the wave files to make it not that simple but promising.

#1519 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I doubt it. Simply replace the file with your music and the same filename and run the update. Obviously save the originals to return it to stock.

Any chance of this bricking the machine?

#1520 3 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Any chance of this bricking the machine?

Only one way to find out!

df367d0f9c48_(resized).jpg

#1521 3 years ago

Ohhhh, Monkey! That TBL looks sweet between your Bride and your MOP. Cheers, brother!

#1522 3 years ago

Still after playing monkeys machine I do think there was no rhyme nor reason why or why not the rug moved even when hit hard sometimes it didn't. I assume there is times when it's not suppose to? Is there anything that qualifies it or I'm just a weak pansy with my shots?

#1523 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Still after playing monkeys machine I do think there was no rhyme nor reason why or why not the rug moved even when hit hard sometimes it didn't. I assume there is times when it's not suppose to? Is there anything that qualifies it or I'm just a weak pansy with my shots?

From watching the video posted a couple of pages back, it seems that the arrow underneath the rug flashes green when a shot is registered and the rug moves, and flashes red when a shot is registered and the rug doesn't move - therefore I assume that at certain times the rug is not supposed to move when hit?

#1524 3 years ago

By my calculations at #31. I'm just gonna miss the 1st container :wall:unless 2 out of the next 16 slated for the container pick air freight.

So let's hear it dudes who's got good news for me. Which one of you millionaires is taking the fast plane?
bajapanda? Bemmet? Jazzmaster? Burningman? sd_tom? RTR? Mr68?
R6emporer? Taz? Mr_Freshie? ectobar? Bueller?

#1525 3 years ago

So Hensbrooker - how's the new code?

#1526 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I felt the same playing the game at Allentown.. but that game has been around the block a good bit... so it could just be mechanics on that game. I wouldn't really get much in terms of freebee hits..

I got 20+million playing on my 2nd game just trying to find things to do. Code was still pretty bland... but that can always be improved.

#1527 3 years ago

So... after playing several games on V0.43:

- Typo (scoring) has upgraded and look much richer. Several other screen tweaks have been addressed.

- New songs have been added! Particular on the MB (Character + Rug) modes!

- Cancelling Character MB's works like a charm. You have a couple of sec when hitting the start-mode-lane to cancel the action. Regular play continues directly after. Although it's a cool feature I don't know if it's that great as is. Because now when your able to unlimited stack CMB's it does not really feel like an achievement when collecting them all before starting that Mega 5-Character MB. Maybe putting a max of 3 cancellations would be a bit better...

- Nihilist Showdown has been upgraded really nice by starting with that cool intro.. than followed by a pulsating GI in the rithm of the NS soundtrack. Additional red light comes from the bowling area underneath. This enhanced mode represents the moviescene very well and especially in a dark-ish environment it will stand out. Really, really nicely done!!

- Match Sequence has been updated -> Own fun music + you can overrule it by starting a new game.

- What all of you want to know most: Rug Modes! They have grown a lot and became super nice. In essence they run the same, like starting a Rug mode begins with a starting movie scene of that particular mode, on each matching shot you get a subsequent (part of) that movie scene. In the end (finalizing mode by shooting the rug) the epic endscene is shown and 250k is awarded. But now each rug mode has it's own set of shots + soundtrack!!

PISSING Mode: Hit rug x times
MAUDE Mode: Shoot ball into Jets x times
RANSOM Note: Hit several standup targets x times
RINGER Mode: Shoot both ramps x times
HONOR Donny: Shoot Donny + Maude Lane x times
LARRY Mode: Shoot the Car x times

Some are easy to finalize and some are damn hard...

Of course there are a lot more changes (see the changelog) but the above stood out most in the first several games. I'm very pleased with the updated and the game feels much more mature.

All I could think of was if this is 'just' v0.43... how awesome would v1.00 be!?!

#1528 3 years ago

Thanks for the write up.. it's you guys that are going to get us excited again after the fatigue with delays! I'll do my part when the first container arrives

#1529 3 years ago

Thanks Hensbrooker, sounds like a really good update. Really appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts.

#1530 3 years ago

Damn... got me thinking about putting in an order. Can't possibly imagine how long I'd have to wait though.

Any idea if TBL will have a "family" mode that will cut out swearing? Of course if the code just has individual movie files I suppose I could edit them myself. No way that's going to get past the wife with 4 and 6 year olds in the house.

#1531 3 years ago

Yes on their FAQ and restated more recently at TPF there will be a family mode. Basically it will bleep out the curse words. Jaap seemed to indicate it isn't there yet so .. guess by being back of the line you wouldn't have to leave it in the box till family mode was implemented

Quoted from Mike_M:

Damn... got me thinking about putting in an order. Can't possibly imagine how long I'd have to wait though.
Any idea if TBL will have a "family" mode that will cut out swearing? Of course if the code just has individual movie files I suppose I could edit them myself. No way that's going to get past the wife with 4 and 6 year olds in the house.

#1532 3 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

By my calculations at #31. I'm just gonna miss the 1st container :wall:unless 2 out of the next 16 slated for the container pick air freight.
So let's hear it dudes who's got good news for me. Which one of you millionaires is taking the fast plane?

Sorry dude, I'm likely in the same situation as you. I'll help you cheer on the millionaires. Come on boys, get your air ship on.

#1533 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Family mode is already in... It's the default setting.

Quoted from sd_tom:

Yes on their FAQ and restated more recently at TPF there will be a family mode. Basically it will bleep out the curse words. Jaap seemed to indicate it isn't there yet so .. guess by being back of the line you wouldn't have to leave it in the box till family mode was implemented

#1534 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

No way that's going to get past the wife with 4 and 6 year olds in the house.

Just glad they're not 8 year olds Dude....

jesus_(resized).JPG

#1535 3 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

I will be shipping in the container. No millions for me...

#1536 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

WTF_(resized).jpg

#1537 3 years ago

Family mode you say... default even...

350_(resized).png

I love pinball. I love the Big Lebowski. I love white russians. How can I not order one?

#1538 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I love pinball. I love the Big Lebowski. I love white russians. How can I not order one?

There you go - well said. Welcome Dude!

#1539 3 years ago

Thanks Hensbrooker for the update of the update.
It's exciting to read about the code updates and how they improve the game and it's so early on.
TBL is shaping up to be a classic!
Keep up the great work DP.
Thanks again Hemsbrooker.
#148 so it's going to be a while yet.
Hopefully I win the lottery so I can air ship!

#1540 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpg

#1541 3 years ago

I kinda wish I could have put Barry's face on Walter's but this is the extent of my talentless talent. Maybe someone can help me out for fun.

#1542 3 years ago

I've really appreciated the videos that others have posted, and as I'm getting my machine before many of you I thought I'd try to work out a way to give something back... But as I don't normally have a need to video anything I wanted to do it without spending much.

I have a high backed office chair near my machines, so I bought a GorillaPod hoping that would help me record decent 4K video on my iPhone 6S Plus. Tried it out earlier and it works pretty well. I'll be able to upload video of my TBL from this angle - although if anyone has any better suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

image.png

#1543 3 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I've really appreciated the videos that others have posted, and as I'm getting my machine before many of you I thought I'd try to work out a way to give something back... But as I don't normally have a need to video anything I wanted to do it without spending much.
I have a high backed office chair near my machines, so I bought a GorillaPod hoping that would help me record decent 4K video on my iPhone 6S Plus. Tried it out earlier and it works pretty well. I'll be able to upload video of my TBL from this angle - although if anyone has any better suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

I'd video at 1080p 60fps. 4K is nice and all, but i find the video not as smooth at 30fps. also the 4K file will be a lot larger and longer to process for little extra benefit

#1544 3 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

So... after playing several games on V0.43:
- Cancelling Character MB's works like a charm. You have a couple of sec when hitting the start-mode-lane to cancel the action. Regular play continues directly after. Although it's a cool feature I don't know if it's that great as is. Because now when your able to unlimited stack CMB's it does not really feel like an achievement when collecting them all before starting that Mega 5-Character MB. Maybe putting a max of 3 cancellations would be a bit better...

The alternative would be that you can only cancel when either Mark it Zero or Let's go Bowling are lit - allowing you to collect one of those without starting Character MB, but not allowing the option to keep cancelling Character MB until all five characters are collected.

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I'd video at 1080p 60fps. 4K is nice and all, but i find the video not as smooth at 30fps. also the 4K file will be a lot larger and longer to process for little extra benefit

Thanks for that - I'll record 1080p 60fps instead as you've suggested.

#1545 3 years ago

Promising...Looking forward to changing the *bleeped* call outs to the TV edits. The obvious one of course but I also can't wait to "see what happens when I feed my TBL scrambled eggs."

#1546 3 years ago

image.jpeg

#1547 3 years ago

Congratulations!!!!! - I hope it is being played by now.

Can someone please wake me up when we get to the low 100's. The rate of mfg and resulting wait is torture #147

#1548 3 years ago

Afraid I don't have time to post detailed impressions - that'll have to wait until tomorrow - but I'm very happy with the machine. In the meantime though, I recorded a short game on the new software:

Afraid I'm not playing very well as still learning the machine - this was probably my tenth game or so - and I don't start any of the multiballs, but I do start a few rug modes. Of course the next game I played after finishing recording was much better, but that's the way these things go I guess! I'll do another video tomorrow night and make sure I get Nihilist Showdown as that's probably the most visually impressive mode at the moment.

If anyone has any questions let me know me and I'll do my best to answer them tomorrow.

#1549 3 years ago

Thanks for the video. The game looks awesome, love the rug modes.

#1550 3 years ago

Thanks for the video. If the game looked like that at Expo, I may have kept my place.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.70
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Mateo, CA
$ 50.00
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 21.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 224.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 11114 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 223.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside