(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 306.
#101 9 years ago

Just got this from Barry...finishing up lighting

tbl prod proto.JPGtbl prod proto.JPG
#102 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

tbl prod proto.JPG

Thanks for the photo. That is one WHITE Russian.

#103 9 years ago

ready for an update. (also ready to see this thread in my activity)

#104 9 years ago

Thanks for the pic. Still waiting on a new newsletter which feels a little....overdue, but it's something. Hopefully it's the slow trickle before the update floodgates open.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

tbl prod proto.JPG

I have to say that one of the cool features is the attention to detail on the bowling alley where the light coming from the right side appears to be coming in from outside through a window. Tres cool!

#106 9 years ago

Thanks for the pic. I'm more excited about the name of the jpg file.. TBL production prototype you say?

#107 9 years ago

Man, I'm dying for some more updates! C'mon DP, give us some more info!

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I have to say that one of the cool features is the attention to detail on the bowling alley where the light coming from the right side appears to be coming in from outside through a window. Tres cool!

I like the colored lighting in the bowling alley (I'm assuming that the colors will vary with the gameplay), but I'm somehow not seeing the light coming in from the side. Am I missing something in the photo?

Quoted from sd_tom:

Thanks for the pic. I'm more excited about the name of the jpg file.. TBL production prototype you say?

Man oh man, the pre-order masses (including me) are clearly seizing upon any morsels of new info that can be found.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Man oh man, the pre-order masses (including me) are clearly seizing upon any morsels of new info that can be found.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

tbl prod proto.JPG

Nice!
Looks like the first production game

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

tbl prod proto.JPG

Looking great, can't wait to see more. Although I have full faith in DP at this point, I must admit that the lack of communication recently has been disappointing. Prior to Phil leaving the communications were frequent and I felt involved, as DP promised preorderers would. Since he left the communication has been poor at best, and I can't help but feel somewhat dismayed that the focus on keeping us in the loop seems to have been abandoned.

I'm sure some will argue that DP need to focus on getting the game made at this point, but a NSNL wouldn't take long to put together - and I absolutely expected one following the final payment / start of production at the very least. If the communication had remained consistently good I would have been ready to preorder a future DP machine if I'd liked the theme - given the recent lack of communication I just don't see the incentive to do so given that the runs aren't limited. Being along for the ride was a big part of my decision to preorder, and I certainly don't feel particularly involved at this point.

#112 9 years ago

Yeah, where is Burningman? Wasn't he supposed to be keeping us up to date?

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Yeah, where is Burningman? Wasn't he supposed to be keeping us up to date?

right here....I can only update you guys with information I have....

#114 9 years ago

Local newspaper from Aalten did an interview with DP this week. (not published yet) Reporter says, quote: "already 300 machines ordered".

https://twitter.com/karinstronks/status/590877184945999873

CDM3qwOWIAADnDz.jpgCDM3qwOWIAADnDz.jpg

#115 9 years ago

There's a short version on Aaltens Nieuws:

http://www.aaltensnieuws.nl/lokaal/allereerste_nederlandse_flipperkast_geproduceerd_in_aalten_3618924.html#.VTmCaFA84yo

Nothing really interesting so far, except that the article clearly states that "the first machines will be rolling of the production line in 90 days".

Full article will be published on the 28th of April.

#116 9 years ago

Poor google translate having a hard time:
ALTEN About half month rolls the very first Dutch pinball, The Big Lebowski TM, the production line. Apparatenfabriek ARA example, the machine built by Dutch Pinball. On a mega pinball show in Chicago is The Big Lebowski TM presented by Dutch Pinball, only through oral information and flyers. The company received many positive responses from the fanatical fans, Pinheads, the owners decided to leave the machine in production. The owners of Dutch Pinball have heard through the grapevine the name of René Versteeg names and contact him about the production of The Big Lebowski TM. After pondering a weekend Versteeg decided to go with Dutch Pinball sea. Now, eighteen months later, the first Big Lebowski TM is almost ready to be delivered. The game in The Big Lebowski TM is loosely based on the movie that flopped at the cinema but has sold well on DVD. The game in the pinball machine is complex and multifaceted, expect exactly what its enthusiasts.
Read on Tuesday, April 28th about The Big Lebowski TM Aaltens News.

#117 9 years ago

I like the colored lighting in the bowling alley (I'm assuming that the colors will vary with the gameplay), but I'm somehow not seeing the light coming in from the side. Am I missing something in the photo?

No - I saw that lighting effect in one of the Videos I watched on Youtube or on their site - I don't remember... Oh here it is....

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

right here....I can only update you guys with information I have....

Just wanted to make it clear that my post was not directed at you - it was just a general complaint about the loss of focus on communication by DP.

#119 9 years ago

Man, we really need a Friday New Shit Newsletter today!!! Let's get that TBL spark back in the air.

#120 9 years ago

spark is the right word for it.. it should be an exciting time right now.. with crickets over here I'm reading all the other boutique threads as stuffs happening over there... good or, unfortunately, really bad.. but it's happening. I'd love to be occupied with TBL news / growing excitement over my game. Heck, I still need to get rid of or move a game to the garage cause I don't have room for TBL yet DP needs to compel me to get serious about that problem

#121 9 years ago

The news-letter is not that important to me. All I really wanted was some proof of life over there in Holland and burningman gave us that. A gorgeous picture of a new pre-production model.

We should celebrate that! In stead, the complaints about no news just doubled in stead.

More news is always welcome but at least we now know that they are closer to production and that they have a beautiful machine with a new playfield and lights almost finished to show for .

Don't know about you but I take comfort in that.

#122 9 years ago

I agree to a point, Karl. But remember, not everyone is on Pinside to see Burningmans picture. An email to keep us up to date is always appreciated.

#123 9 years ago

Can't argue with that, pinghetto but the complaints came from pinside

I agree that a word or two from Barry would be great and is overdue.

#124 9 years ago

Yes but what have you done for me lately? . The picture is nice. It doesn't speak to production line / part piles etc though and that I guess what would excite me the most given the phase we are in.

#125 9 years ago

I can testify that Barry is still alive so if you wanna know DP is still alive, yep see enclosed picture for proof.

I met him yesterday evening, dutch pinball association magazine meeting, and as a future TBL owner I can say I sleep without worries

image.jpgimage.jpg
#126 9 years ago
Quoted from goalzzz:

"already 300 machines ordered".

Not confirming or denying any numbers....but rest assured, this baby is getting built.

#127 9 years ago

If they do/did get 300 pre orders, that bodes really well for them.. As I think a lot of folks are waiting for the cash/carry option after preorders.

#128 9 years ago

One question about the music... the track list basically contains the full versions of all the tracks, is that right?? Would be really great if there was an easy way to switch the music... yes, the soundtrack is cool, but to have a feature where you could easily switch the music to other tracks you upload through a USB stick would be awesome!

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

One question about the music... the track list basically contains the full versions of all the tracks, is that right?? Would be really great if there was an easy way to switch the music... yes, the soundtrack is cool, but to have a feature where you could easily switch the music to other tracks you upload through a USB stick would be awesome!

That would be nice. One concern I have (unfounded or not remains to be seen) is - God forbid - getting tired of the great soundtrack after hearing the same songs over and over and over.

#130 9 years ago

That would be nice. One concern I have (unfounded or not remains to be seen) is - God forbid - getting tired of the great soundtrack after hearing the same songs over and over and over.

They are classics!
You never get tired of hearing a Classic tune!

#131 8 years ago

Is TBL showing up at any upcoming pinball shows (either USA or European)?

#132 8 years ago

Allentown maybe? Cointaker is going to be there and they are the first distributor (took a prototype to TPF)

#133 8 years ago

yes...Allentown this weekend...

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Allentown maybe? Cointaker is going to be there and they are the first distributor (took a prototype to TPF)

That prototype will be at Allentown.

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I can testify that Barry is still alive so if you wanna know DP is still alive, yep see enclosed picture for proof.
I met him yesterday evening, dutch pinball association magazine meeting, and as a future TBL owner I can say I sleep without worries

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice to see Barry is alive and kicking but I would be more encouraged to see pics of him in the factory next to a bunch of finished cabinets,playfields.
We have heard nothing. Have they got final approvals on the Audio sound bites yet?
No NSNL?
MMR is on hiatus for 2-3 weeks while Stern moves into the new facility. This would be the opportune time for Barry to grab some limelight with some updates.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from goalzzz:

There's a short version on Aaltens Nieuws:
http://www.aaltensnieuws.nl/lokaal/allereerste_nederlandse_flipperkast_geproduceerd_in_aalten_3618924.html#.VTmCaFA84yo
Nothing really interesting so far, except that the article clearly states that "the first machines will be rolling of the production line in 90 days".
Full article will be published on the 28th of April.

Think I found the full article posted last night but it seems just a couple paragraphs longer than the original and most of it is Pinball history vs any scoops about the game. Does say 300 ordered though.. from the google translate of it. http://www.achterhoeknieuwsaalten.nl/lokaal/allereerste_nederlandse_flipperkast_3618796.html#.VT_ii3vNsjw

#137 8 years ago

Well I'll be heading out of town for a couple of weeks.
Maybe when I get back there will be some new developments .
Other than that. Take it easy Dudes!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#138 8 years ago

Sure hope some new shit comes to light.

#139 8 years ago

NSNL!

We at Dutch pinball would like to update you on all the cool stuff we've been working on since our last NSN in order to get your Big Lebowski™ pinball on the production line with the upmost speed. A lot of the work and progress in these last weeks have been, however, fairly boring visually, with you know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous... We'd love to show you some cool pictures of the progress, but at the moment that would involve showing you lots of pieces of paper and emails connected with ordering materials and parts to build your machine!

But for those of you hungry for some visual delights, check out these photos of pre-production planning and engineering:

Full machine view in SolidWorks

Circuit design and PCB panelization of the TBL boards

Our custom 4-way Digital Class-D Amplifier (bottom view, click here to see the top view

The first playfield with final approved artwork!

In addition to the above, we also want to let you know that the following has happened since the last NSN:

Tests on the rugtoy have been concluded and we now have a truely amazing rug that will really tie the playfield together.
With the help of Cointaker we showed one of our prototypes on the Texas Pinball Festival.
We played for hours on our prototypes and solved various issues.
Orders for the parts have been placed, and when we have the bits we can delight you even more with photos of lots of boxes.
Engineering has been finished.
Cabinets are being produced by our sub-supplier and should be with us soon.
The artwork of the playfield has been finalized and it looks awesome!
And... we soon will send you your "Achiever Edition" True Serial Number™.

#140 8 years ago

Well how about that!
An update before I head off out of town for 2 weeks.
Wasn't any mention of final approvals on the audio sound bites.
Would be nice to know that Universal has approved everything.

#141 8 years ago

Nice to receive a NSNL, and glad that things are moving forwards. Was hoping for a little more information on the code/rules at this point, but guess we can't have everything. For some reason I can't quite understand I'm actually excited to find out my serial number...

#142 8 years ago

I wonder who gets the first one delivered of the apparently 300 preordered?
I know it's not me.
I'm also very happy to hear things are moving forward.
This machine is so cool! Cannot wait until mine is in my gamesroom

#143 8 years ago

Yeah wish there was more but satisfied. I love that the amplifier has the eagles loving cabbies lines on it.

Screenshot_2015-05-01-06-45-16~2.jpgScreenshot_2015-05-01-06-45-16~2.jpg

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

I wonder who gets the first one delivered of the apparently 300 preordered?
I know it's not me.
I'm also very happy to hear things are moving forward.
This machine is so cool! Cannot wait until mine is in my gamesroom

I am not the first for sure but I did order within about 4 hours of pre order opening I'm sure. So I should be early. Not sure how they are going to handle shipping order (despite true serial numbers) since shipping them one at a time seems $$$ vs trying to fill containers. I also imagine with a repeat of bop 2.0 they may want to get some out in the wild locally in Europe first in case theres a problem / recall.. Just speculation

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I am not the first for sure but I did order within about 4 hours of pre order opening I'm sure. So I should be early. Not sure how they are going to handle shipping order (despite true serial numbers) since shipping them one at a time seems $$$ vs trying to fill containers

I'm sure I ordered within an hour of the reveal and I'm in the UK, so hoping to be fairly high up the list.

#146 8 years ago

What's in the pic of the playfield that can be seen through the cutout for the bowling alley mech? Doesn't appear to match the layout of the playfield.

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I'm sure I ordered within an hour of the reveal and I'm in the UK, so hoping to be fairly high up the list.

Yeah i bet you get a game early for both those reasons

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

What's in the pic of the playfield that can be seen through the cutout for the bowling alley mech? Doesn't appear to match the layout of the playfield.

that looks like a flipped over mask of some kind.. .prob some kind of test template or something

#149 8 years ago

Nice newsletter but several pictures are lacking in this thread. Now not anymore

TBL1.pngTBL1.png TBL2.pngTBL2.png TBL4.pngTBL4.png
#150 8 years ago

liking the gloss. they haven't talked about clearcoat levels or anything but looking pretty good here at least.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

15,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.