(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rensh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

604 posts in this topic match your search for posts by rensh. You are on page 2 of 3.
#6786 6 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Because it's Throwback Thursday...

That was some expo. My first and only visit to Chicago expo. Was a great experience, one of best expo’s ever . But Of course the one we held in 2017 dpo expo NL was better

Made the decision to buy TBL at that show. Who would have guessed that over three years later we still would e waiting

Now waiting for good news which should hopefully be soon. Jaap and Barry are both not visiting TPf as they wanna concentrate on just 1 thing, production.

#6792 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Looked like Jaap was at the booth when Jack was doing a walk around ... but it was the background and slightly pixelated.
You sure he didn't travel Rensh

I was told by Barry that he and Jaap didn’t go to TPF. Also didn’t see any Facebook post from a traveling Jaap.

You know that they say that everyone has a twin on this planet, you found Jaap’s Twin ?

#6796 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Oh yes, the DPO 2017 was the best expo I visited in 15 years in the hobby ! What a location !! And 2 working chinese TBL. If it was possible to pay cash and take the machine I had asked for a bank in the area. TBL is my favorite if, and only only only, if the machine is ready to be paied and directly picked up. DPO are for me the most worst businessman on planet earth.
Maybe they do not show up on conventions for the reason that they dont want to answer questions ... also a option.

Couple of remarks to your appreciated comment.

There were no two Chinese TBL. One was ÄRA one was Chinese. In this way you could compare and on purpose there was no marking on the outside giving away which one as Chinese.

And yep I am sure you meant you meant DP are the worse businessman as DPO is a show.

And like stated, DP has not gone I to hiding and they have visited plenty of shows after all the drama begun

#6798 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So could people tell the difference between the ARA game and the Chinese game?

Nope. This topic has been up befor but two ÄRA TBL owners, pdxmonkey and Burningman, played them both at DPO and approved the Chinese version

#6812 6 years ago

The programmer Koen left like a year ago. Think priority will be to get the line running again and they did say if I am not mistaking that when that is done they will work on and release an update to 1.0. They told at that time they still have access to Koen (who is a personal friend of Barry).

#6814 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Forgot you are the resident TBL expert ... so do you recall if Koen had been paid for his work, or was that part of the issue? I don't mind supporting a risky enterprise, but not one that is stiffing it's suppliers and contractors. I am particularly sensitive to unpaid programmers being put in a situation where they are expected to continue to support and upgrade software for free. As long as these folks are ok with things, I am too. Once that is cleared up, I tend to start paying attention.

No worries, besides ÄRA (who sent invoices higher as the contract), everyone is paid as far as I know and sure Koen is. When he announced his leaving I contacted him and he left in good will. He just wanted to do something different which I can understand after 2 yrs of TBL and all the drama around it. Koen is also a personal friend of Barry.

Koen was also an employee of DP so not a subcontracted person which you mostly see with unpaid pinball programmers. He got his monthly salary as mandatory by law.

1 week later
#6852 6 years ago

Little birdie tells me NSN is incoming

#6894 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Or the other way around but I agree it is a mystery why lawsuits have not been filed. I know laws are different in Europe but here in the states they would have gone nuclear by now. In some countries the loser pays the oppositions legal fees etc.
Did both sides decided it's not worth the cost or the chance and this will be a stalemate in perpetuity? I'm really curious about it all.

I have said it befor but also over here it is rather simple to pursuit unpaid bills.

However, you need to proof you deserve to get paid and did your part of the deal. Just suppose that DP has been telling the truth an investigation will proof immediately that ÄRA didn’t fulfill their part of the deal and breached the contract..... So the lack of action from ÄRA where I guess they have at least like 750K at stake (remember that they prepaid a lot of the parts) is proof for me that DP is telling the truth.

Otherwise I totally fail to understand why ÄRA hasn’t filed a payment claim. They are a reasonable sized company but also for them 750K is no small change.

#6896 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

They have asked me to be a plaintive in their suit. Apparently they need a certain number over there to file?

If you wanna file for bankruptcy indeed more than 1 party is required, 2 to be precise.

However, that is usually not done direct. There are much easier steps trying to get your money as immediately go for bankruptcy as far as I know. You can block bankaccounts etc. and also a judge will determine how valid your claim is. So you better be sure about your case.

And at the end of the day, suppose people succeed in getting DP bankrupt. What than? DP has been open in the fact that there is not enough money left to built all ordered games. So whatever is left first goes to banks, taxes, curator, etc. and us EA are at the end of the line most likely left with empty hands.

And just suppose DP is telling the truth about ÄRA? You wanna share sides with such a company?

I am not saying I like it but riding it out is our best option I see. And yes, it is difficult and frustrating. And seeing very likely new buyers getting their games sooner as us EA will be a challenge to ...

And the talk about loaning money. Banks over here are very conservative and you wanna loan money for what? Producing pinballs? What’s a pinball .....??

#6916 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

rensh, Just out of curiosity, why do you spell it like ÄRA?

That’s the auto spelling of my mobile .....

#6920 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

It’s pretty obvious nobody’s gonna get anything from these scumbags it was a pure cash grab

Cash grab for what? I see no mansion or Ferrari or Fiji islands with neither barry or Jaap. In fact, if it was a cash grab why are they still investing in Xytech? Why didn’t they ask money from CT and Nitro? Why didn’t they accept more orders than the 300? Can tell you there were more people than who wanted but the line was closed. Believe it or not, they still get requests from people wanting to buy and put a deposit (which DP declines).

So where is this cash grab comment based Upon? DP for sure has done things wrong and can be called a lot of names but cash grabbers they ain’t.

#6945 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Why hide they haven't done anything. No Really, they have done NOTHING on this game! lol

I like the capital letters. You must be very sure of your case. Care to share the intel you have to support this claim?? Really curious to hear who founded DP, designed TBL, made all building instructions, etc.

Apparently not Barry and Jaap ......

#6948 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The only thing I am sure of is the Hundreds of buyers that never received a game! So, I claim that no matter who designed, programmed, or Other doesn't really matter if they didn't Deliver the game does it?

You said they did NOTHING. The above is different.

However, again false talking about hundreds. They did deliver 50 pcs. And these hundreds are in fact approx 140 early achievers who paid and in are in like me. There are more who ordered games but they haven’t been asked to pay a dime so they have not gotten a game but also lost NOTHING.

Glad to see that such well informed people like you keep stirring the pot with nothing to tell and I bet no skin in the game.

Look, I am the last to state that DP is without errors. They have made mistakes for sure and it is in the end their sole responsibility. But stop throwing these wild unfounded accusations.

#6956 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Just wait until they’re ready to ship you a game immediately before you turn a penny over - history of this game shows that to do otherwise would be nuts.

Totally agree. Even DP themselves think the same. Imagine that they are still getting requests for orders with money offered upfront .... DP is not accepting them by the way. Get the line first rolling and orders via distributors where customers money is as safe as possible.

2 weeks later
#6973 5 years ago

I have been asked what I know about the rumor for new investors in DP.

Simple answer: nothing. I am wondering where this rumor comes from.

Disclaimer: I am not on DP payroll so my info can mean nothing.

1 week later
#7052 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

We need someone like Kaneda Avenatti to trace and follow the money.

HP and DP might share half of the name but for the rest they are quite different. No money went to expensive unused machinery, an Opel Zafira is not a Porsche Cayenne, all rents were paid (just small office by the way), etc.

I welcome an investigation but it will show money went to salaries and development and some parts and building prototypes.

And remember, DP has had many offers for extra orders but turned them all down. No extra money was taken besides the first approx 200 EA. If they were in for money they have had plenty of chances to accept more pre order money but they didn’t. First get 300 out of the door they always said.

#7053 5 years ago

Had a chance to play a TBL last night. Enjoyed it

But the waiting is indeed getting harder and harder and more and more difficult to keep faith in a happy ending up

Seeing HP and JPOP mess it shows not all stories have happy endings.

They always say last part in waiting is the hardest and they are right :wall.

Whatever happens, I can only say that DP truely are honest people and are really really trying their best to get us our TBL. I am convinced of that. Would have been much easier for them just to give up after the ARA mess.

CE2713B0-71E5-4D11-BC8A-9409554EF133 (resized).jpegCE2713B0-71E5-4D11-BC8A-9409554EF133 (resized).jpeg

#7071 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Not picking a fight, but if all of what you state is true, then why no refunds? Based on what you're saying, it sounds like a well-oiled machine.
Did I miss a written or verbal disclosure that WE were on the hook for delays and supplier changes? It took DP from 2013 to 2016 to go into production. It is now 2018. Again, I have no personal vendetta with DP, but how much time do you and the other "cheerleaders" believe is acceptable to wait for an $8500 item? Do you believe DP does a good job of communicating status updates to its customers (aka "investors")? Do you feel DP doesn't deserve our doubts and uncertainty? Do you feel DP would win in any form of legal action against them no matter the jurisidiction?
I sincerely respect you and value your input, which is why I'm asking you these questions.

I keep my faith in DP as i know the persons in person and know that they are not conning us. They are really trying, believe me.

For sure they deserve our doubts on their business, I have them at least, as in the end no matter the cause I bought with them and not ÄRA thus it’s their responsibility. I have placed my remarks on their communication skills over the years to them. My biggest remark is here that we are customers, not investors. And after all these time we deserve more info. But what if there is nothing new to tell?

For me personally the summerholiday is like a kind of deadline. If than production still hasn’t started it will become difficult for me to keep faith. Clock is ticking. A lot of the prepaid money went to salary over like 4 years, building prototypes twice, buying parts even if ARA paid most of them, etc. That must have eaten a big hole in their bank account hence the reason why refunds are impossible, at least for all of us. At this moment they just need to jump start production and as soon as TBL comes rolling from the production line income is generated and the line continuous with that and we will get our machines in the end. But this requires a big chunk of money at the start and my guess this is what we are waiting for. The approval from an investor. And this is now the status for like 4-5 months??

You can talk about getting a bank loan but who says they haven’t tried this? How many banks do you think will loan money to a pinball factory startup? We are not talking here of a 10KUSD loan after all.

My hope is that CT and or Nitro will garantuee payment upon shipping and that Xytech will prepay the parts required, at least for a part. This in combo with an angel investor might do it. I understood from DP selling is not an issue. Plenty of orders and even now people are approaching them still direct and offering deposits and orders. Unbelievable. DP declines them by the way.

Or perhaps Deeproot needs a theme and pinball with JPOP now convicted? Who knows? They have funds apparently.

So not end of the line (yet at least) but clock is ticking. And do we have a real choice here besides sitting it out? You can go to court and than what? DP falls over and than what? You can accuse them of being bad business man but not of conning and lying to people. They will not have to go to jail if you think this gives you some satisfaction.

Above are just my PERSONAL thoughts as a fellow EA who is also struggling with this all.

#7081 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

And FWIW, the whole salary for 4 years thing is bullshit. Like we all sent them to a 4 year pinball college and they didn't graduate. I get pissed every time I hear it.

Like it or not but this is (part of) the answer to the question : where is the fucking money?

#7152 5 years ago

This is one I didn’t see coming. Didn’t expect a claim from ÄRA anymore after such a long time. If it already is not difficult enough to make a pinball .....

Feels like the beginning of the end

This is the end of the line Donny

#7255 5 years ago

So, let the news sink in for a night after a initial first response.

I see many theories so I feel free to add my own thought on this. So here it goes.

Let’s assume DP has always been telling the trueth. I kniow Barry and Jaap better as most of you and I just dont feel that they are lying to us. I know, this is a weak spot with me but if DP has been telling the trueth ARA is the one to blame and Will nothing gain in a courtcase. So why this move now?

My theory for the moment is that ARA knows it will not win but it will stop TBl production moving forward (DP needs investors and who will invest in this with a lawsuit hanging over the company?) and thus any possible revenues coming from production are stopped. ARA knows like nobody else the financial status of DP (DP reported open books every month) so know that not much, if any, money is left on the bank so why sue somebidy if nothing is on the bank? If they can stop DP getting money the plan could be to lead DP into bankrupcy (i know that in 2017 they contacted another company to have two creditors and if you have two you can try this to). And if DP is bankrupt this frees their hands to sell the 40 pcs TBL to the highest bidder? Plus other inventory? There is i think easily 400-500KUSD to be made here?

We have in NL two court possibilities, a socalled kort geding and bodemprocedure. Kort geding is the fast one within weeks or a few months but this procedure is not suitable for this kind of case so it will be a bodemprocedure which can easily take over a year (I would be very very surprised if within 2018 any verdict is given). Now this blocks DP over a longer period of income. Plus ARA will also hope this is rallies up EA who will put a claim and perhaps have Dp bankrupt prior to the courtcase. It would not be the first time a bigger company sues a smaller one to death .....

So the above is my theory for the moment. Ara wants DP bankrupt to free their hands on doing with the finished goods they have as they wish. Pls do note I am not a lawyer. For sure they will not hand over the 40 tbls to the EA

Anybody, pls feel free to do whatever you think is best. Above is just my personal theory.

I am however expecting not much money on the bankaccounts of DP left so sueing them will bring you perhaps a good revenge feeling but not money in your pocket. If DP has paid all their bills for the rest and not diverted any money for their own personal benefit you will get Dp bankrupt but Jaap and Barry will not be personal held liable and have not to sell their house. Protection by law is in place and this protection can only be lifted if they do criminal matters.

And I hold them responsible for this matter, not quilty. We can accuse them of being bad businessmen perhaps but not scammers. Perhaps we should point our arrows on ARA for this?

And yes, the above is solely based on my talks with barry and jaap over the years and is thus singlesided. These talks, and there have been many with especially Barry over the years, have always lead me to the feeling that DP is not quilty but yes, again, they are responsible. This latter is why they struggled so long to get the the train running again after being f*cked in the alps by ARA. Would have been much easier just to quit, give everyone a few dollars back and call it a day. But they wanna do the right thing and that is getting us our tbls. And this dream has turned into a nightmare for all of us, also them.

Thats it after a night sleep. Do with it whatever you please.

#7304 5 years ago

As usual in cases like this people are choosing sides. I have chosen mine based on my business knowledge and human knowledge and fully respect people decide to chose the opposite. They have after all 8500 reasons to do so. Who am I to say I know it better ??

I just fail to see however where DP has proven lied to us (besides the PCB lie). They have given us a lot more info on the matter as ÄRA did. In fact ARA even fired their manager because of this. We can accuse DP of non-communication and sometimes living in a dreamworld with Bop 3.0 SLE but not of lies as far as I know.

Anyway, choose the side you wish. I do hope documents will be revealed during court trials for the whole world to see so we can objectively see who was really in the wrong. Should be not to difficult to compare pricing on a contract with an invoice after all. And if I am in the wrong so be it. Than my antennas for sensing trueth when I talk in length with people need to be adjusted in a big way

#7321 5 years ago

You are talking of Universal license if it allows ÄRA to sell the built units or not but what about a software license .....

What is a TBL worth without the software to run it? And for sure the software is IP property of DP. This needs to be added to the universal license allows Ära to sell or not.

#7324 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Don’t know laws there but I would assume they will lose any IP when they go bankrupt

Which enforces my idea is that ÄRA is starting this to get DP bankrupt and buy the IP for little money from the trustee. Sue them and drag the court case till they are broke policy.

#7329 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What ip? Some board sets designed by Arja in the first place?
The license isn’t some fixed asset to auction off.

IP on the software developed by DP. TBL hardware is useless without the software ....

#7357 5 years ago

I really don’t think ÄRA has any interest in starting production up again let alone making us EA whole again.

Also remember DP didn’t want to agree to 51/49 as that would give ÄRA full control to do whatever they like. God knows what they would have done. Remember, if ÄRA only wanted to make sure the money went to them why did they refuse DP counteroffer to give them full control over the money flow eg payments from paypal, nitro and CT would direct flow into ARa bank account?? Tell me, if they were sincere in just wanting 51/49 as purpose of money control (they even said they would return control to Jaap and Barry after 300 were produced), why did they refuse DP counteroffer??

No, ÄRA had a second agenda for sure.

This makes theory 523? I was hoping courtdocuments would be publically available but apparently not. Would be interesting reading material to see ÄRA claim and DP counterclaim. A lot would be revealed I guess. The courtsession will be however, whenever it is.

#7394 5 years ago

You all forgot who negotiated the license? Roger sharpe it is and he has been their liaison towards US all the time.

You think he is unaware of this and is prepared to set his reputation with US on the line for DP? I bet he is fully informed by DP and has informed US also. There was a license and there is a license.

And than all these lies apparently DP told. Besides the PCB lie, what are they? Is it about deadlines not met? That would only be a lie in my book if they told a deadline knowing they couldn’t make it. Pls enlighten me. My memory is not flawless (no pun intended).

And no, I am not on a saving crusade for DP. Just trying to keep the story as straight as possible. If somebody thinks he should go after DP by all means do so. Just do it based on the right info. My believe is that getting DP bankrupt will play ÄRA right into their hands and will end the story for all of us. But that’s my believe and doesn’t mean it should also be yours.

It’s not a situation I like but it’s reality, for me at least.

Just my 2 cents (again). Flame suit on.

#7417 5 years ago

I double checked and by Dutch law you have to take approx 45KEUR annual salary, or at least pay the taxes on it. Only in very special circumstances you can ask for a lower salary. This to be determined by the tax department.

Looking at the personal taking a salary there is first of all programmer Koen who was just a regular employee. Nobody will say he shouldn’t have gotten a salary I assume.

Leaves Barry and Jaap. Starting (or trying to start is perhaps better here) a pinball company is typical not a part time job you do in the evening. So if you do this full time from start 2014? where do you live from? And remember, if ÄRA would have worked according to contract deliveries would have taken place in 2015/16. Their business strategy must have been based on that schedule where calculations based on profit from delivered tbl’s showed the possibility of a salary which they needed to be able to try this. And again, at that moment no signs this would be impossible.

I realize it doesn’t feel fair that we EA get , perhaps to likely, nothing while they had a salary. Also I am struggling with this but business wise it’s how it is.

#7420 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

DP holds nothing. ARA had a business building other stuff before DP & will continue after DP. DP has nothing without someone to build games for them.

I mostly agree with this. DP has IP on a pinball machine but no machines or whatever to built stuff. If they would be liquidated there would be some Engineering TBL samples to be sold plus some PC’s I guess and ofcourse the IP on the TBL design and software. The latter is only worth something for somebody wanted to produce TBL (AP , Deeproot, Spooky?). Not much to get there.

Only hope left is DP winning not only the courtcase but also getting out of it a good settlement from ÄRA. Big enough to either start building TBL or refund everybody.

#7432 5 years ago

The proto was also built and developed by ÄRA. After those were built a pre-estimation was increased to a fixed number by ÄRA. They should have known exactly what they were building.

However, apparently not

So It was not that DP brought them a proto which they had to duplicate. They knew what they were supposed to built. Apparently they used a broken calculator

#7443 5 years ago
Quoted from EternalLife:

April 2015
ARA and DP signed a contract that says that DP will buy 300 TBLs from ARA, delivered between April and October 2015.
May 2015
ARA informs DP that the agreed price is too low because the cost price is higher than estimated. DP agrees with the new price.
April 2016
First shipment of TBL.
ARA metrics. 300 delivered games, April-October 2015 - 210 days.
First delivery of only 50 games - 420 days later
ARA's numbers are: 16% delivery , 200% late on schedule, 25-30% over on price. Horrible numbers, they failed in every category. If there were major board issues, ARA made the board set so ARA fails again in the 4th category- quality.
In the US you can sue the CM for loss of reputation, business, damages, ect if they fail to meet the contract.
If the law in the NL is the same, the numbers suggest ARA is not in a good position.
If ARA has to pay DP for the 250 TBL's they couldn't produce on time on budget DP will walk away with everything they need to finish the original project, and a lot more.

Excellent write up

#7445 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

All fiction because DP hasn't paid them for any games, judge won't award breach of contract on a manufacturer owed money, would you work unpaid?

Pls reveal source of info that DP hasn’t paid any of the games eg nothing on the approx 50 delivered.

Or is it just an assumption like 90% of the thread (including me)?

#7450 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This is what the few remaining DP fanboys are missing. This is what Jaap was referring to when claiming ARA bumped the price multiple times. ARA aren’t raising prices without knowing full well they’re entitled to it. DP made changes, production got repriced accordingly. End of story. As you said, this is ARA’s expertise. The contract is written precisely to cover these scenarios.

This has been discussed already long time ago. I challenge you to point out which changes have been made on DP request to ÄRA. My guess is you know none .....

But I get it. There are people like me seen as DP fanboys and there are people on the opposite. I don’t think we will ever work this out in a forum as after all we are all best guessing. I am however missing a lot of proof in accusations like i have difficulty in proving my right. However, I live by the principle: not quilty till proven otherwise.

And I have one advantage over most of you, many hours with Barry which enabled me to get a feeling on the opposite person. If he has been lying to me all these years he should get an Emmy award for best actor.

This is a major reason I wished the documents would be public. This would settle it, left or right. I guess we will know one day in the (distant) future.

#7453 5 years ago

Someone who has had communication with ARA directly.

I heard of somebody who heard that ....

I heard long time ago from Barry that payments on the first deliveries have (partial) been done. How big the partial part is I don’t know but best guess (here we go again ) would be the amount stipulated in the contract between Ära and DP and not the extra part.

#7461 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

..... DP claims they intended to save money by bouncing on ARA, but we shouldn't forget the time and money spent with Xytech (pre-production costs, trips to China, parts, etc).

?? Where have they stated this wanted to save money ?

If they wanna go to court for this with ÄRA they would have needed to start a bodemprocedure. This as Ära is doing now. This however easily takes a year. Would you have been fine with that news? And even if a judges rules in favor of DP would you wanna accept a pinball built by a company who didn’t want to built it so for sure would have cut corners?

And if you are in court procedures will a new CM touch it? Be also informed that Xytech has seen all info and open books. Still they decided to go ahead. Apparently they saw something convincing.

So this is why DP didn’t do this. And being in the right is something else unfortunately as getting it from a judge

#7476 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You mention Barry a lot. What about Jaap?

My relation with DP is mostly with Barry.

Barry and me are part of the editor team of the magazine of the Dutch Pinball Association (approx 1200 members, biggest pinballclub in the world , appears 4 times a year called the Spinner) thus we already met and spoke on a regular basis and 1 conversation leads to another and another and .... I didn’t buy a TBL like most of you because of the theme but because it was Dutch and made by Barry. It’s that simple.

Ofcourse I know Jaap but again, mostly Barry.

#7519 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Not sure what time of day rensh is awake, so re-posting:
rensh Will any of the court documents be publicly available over there? Usually you can get a copy of the complaint here in the states.
Also, it would be great to get copies of the counter suit from DP and post them here for everyone. Neither of these would be covered under NDA and both will come out eventually. I say the sooner it comes out the better.
Perhaps you could ask Barry for a copy of both documents. If so, it would be informative to translate and post on this thread. That would be the first real information ever received.

I am awake now

Thought I already posted this but I did a check on it with a legal person I know and apparently not public available (his specialism was criminal justice however but a google search also didn’t reveal it) . Only courtsession is open for the public. If I am not mistaking the court is in Groningen (close to ÄRA) which is like a 2,5 hr car drive for me.

DP has legally time to prepare the counterclaim till end of June if I recollect this properly. You have like two months time for this by law apparently. It takes time ofcourse to study the Ära claim and counter it

#7521 5 years ago

A generally accepted fact is that ARA has 40 built games built and parts to make more. However, I recall DP claim they went to the factory and there were no games. Someone is wrong here. For those that said DP only lied about a few things and if there are 40 games made, then DP is a pathological liar. Well they also lied many times between 2015 to 2017 about having enough money to build games, every day they didn't warning buyers of their fatal financial problems. DP is on the downside of the slippery slope they've created. Very unDude!

First time I hear that DP stated once that there were no 40 games. I can only recollect from memory that the space were TBL was built used to be an open space and after the end of the relation became a locked space with restricted access and camera and alarm thus unable to check anymore. They were built and to the best of my knowledge they are still there. If they would have been resold by Ära in this age of internet this would have come out by now.

#7530 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

.... I would think you'd lose your job at a CM if you agreed to a contract that didn't at least cover your costs before releasing finished goods to a startup.

Guess what, he was fired

It is a well accepted assumption that this was done because the owners where not to happy with the manager because how he handled DP. I like to believe that they disliked how he handled the contract and was unable to get the TBLs out the door.

However, after he left they apparently decided to continue the way of the former manager. So not honoring the contract. DP was prepared to give them full control of the moneyflow (TBls sn 200-300 where unpair by CT and Nitro) so payment of a considerable amount was secured. Eeven if they would make eur 1000 loss on each TBL this would still be a lot less than writing it all off. And if they would be prepared to produce more units this could be at a higher price level and it would be payback time. When the manager left I had really good hopes than

#7531 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

.....DP could say "that isn't a change, it is correcting a problem you created when you engineered them," or something like that. And ARA could say "no, that's a valid change order."

I have always understood that DP didn’t design the TBL on a hardware level.

They specified functionality to Ära and Ära had ‘free hand’ in how they wanted to reach that functionality. Suppose that a design change was needed during production to reach-maintain this functionality this would thus be a pure Ära matter.

#7612 5 years ago

Incoming Key post. Stay tuned for news later today

#7618 5 years ago

There has been a lot of debating who is telling the truth, DP or ARA.

There are people like me who take the site of DP (and yep, can be accused of over optimism ) and the definite nay-sayers. A lot of discussion is going on where in reality it is all theorizing as we all (me included) haven;t seen proof from DP to support their side of the story. Is DP or ARA to blame or …. I have chosen DP-site as you all know. Not just because I am Dutch like them but because I have had many discussions with DP, especially Barry, and my antennas tell me they are telling the truth. This FWIW to you.

Please do note that this in my book doesn’t mean that they are not responsible, hell they are. I bought with them, not ARA. However, I don’t find them guilty which, in my book at least, makes a hell of a difference.

So, what’s new here? Above has been mentioned before. What I can share now is finally (some) proof of the story behind DP and call-out ARA on a flat lie. Till now DP couldn’t share this info on paper with me but their lawyer finally approved it so here we go.

Remember the letter from ARA telling they haven’t increased their pricing? See attachment. See also attached email correspondence from Jaap DP on this point. As its in Dutch I will translate for you.

Email Jaap 28-6-2016

Hello Rene,

Why are we in business? That was 1 of the many questions I asked you yesterday and I hope to have made clear why we want to go ahead with ARA. But of course its all about the money. So I come here with back to you in regard to your proposal to raise price from € … to € …. For TBL01 till TNL100. What I note is you make a different cost calculation as in your previous proposal. You propose to use standard calculation for TBL101 till TBL300. What kind of calculation do you mean here?

In principal we agree with this higher price if you make sure that the number of boxed machines (eg on a pallet) is realized to compensate us for our losses. This in our mutual interest as you know (this is why we are in business). According to my calculation this would mean 350 machines of which 300 TBL and 50 BoP (the 2nd project). You told us you would be willing to spent a hour of calculation on this. I love to hear where your calculation results to and how you want to realize this with us.

I hope to have conveyed our passion for this and that you can apply MLR (note from Rens: MLR is a kind of game they do at the Open Circle Academy). And I am happy to invite you to next’s time Open Circle Academy
Regards, Jaap

ps: in your general conditions there is payment term of 30 days. I would like to hear from you how you are going to apply this in relation to the prefinancing of ARA as you know our financial situation via the reports from the accountant.

One day later on 29-6-2016 Rene answers:

Hello Jaap,

We go for it with our whole heart. Let’s go bowling

As agreed:
Price #1-#100 fixed, #101-#300 dependable on coming developments. Low costs version to be considered for >#200
-#300 to be delivered in 2016
BoP2.0 start deliveries in 2016, minimum 50 pcs.
Steps are taken to increase production capacity considerably after the summer holiday
Place orders in system and take care of documents.
Sort out the payments

Best regards,

Rene Versteeg
Director ARA

So this clearly shows a price change in June 2016 (an increasement even). This were ARA in February 2017 tells pricing has never changed! Remember production was supposed to have started in 2015 and we see here a debate on a price change in June 2016. So the letter of ARA was clearly a lie.
Also you see clearly that ARA has committed to a production level in 2016 and stated they will order the parts required. In October 2016 DP however had to note that by far the promised 300 TBLs wouldn’t be met. Parts for BoP20 were not even ordered!! So no way that the ARA commitment would be kept. Original contract stated 2015 deliveries, so they were already a year overdue.
This was the moment that DP had to stop with ARA seeing so many agreements broken.

And given them 51% of the shares of DP which was their idea in 2017, do you really think this is a company who would use this majority of the shares to get everybody our pinball? For sure not, they would use this majority to sell off the manufactured TBL’s to the highest bidder and close DP. Yes, that would give them a bad rep in pinballcountry but ARA being a Dutch company not into pinball, does that really hurt them? And remember, this was all needed because they didn’t do what they themselves agreed to !

So why this on Pinside? DP themselves is not on Pinside like many more manufacturers. I watch the thread and sometimes consult them where possible (this without drawing a salary by the way ). And here are the most disbelievers. So I got permission to post this.
Of course there will still be nay-sayers which is their right. EA’s have 8500 reasons to be upset, just point your anger to the right person which I sincerely believe is ARA. And again, I hold DP responsible, just not guilty.

So our best hopes are still that DP wins against ARA. This is just part of the proof they have. If we could divert the negative energy to more productive thinking this could help us (EA) all. If they win we all win. If they go bankrupt prior to the court case (which I think is ARA’s plan) we loose all.

Gofundsme or us EA perhaps ‘coughing up more money” (but than in a secure way which means money can only be used to built TBLs and will only be freed to DP once TBLs are delivered) or …..??

Look forward to your thoughts on this. Pls just make it productive. Critic is more than welcome, just well-funded please. Screaming where is my f*cking TBL doesn’t help unfortunately, wish it was that easy

I hope that I can leave my flamesuite at home this time
DP_Emails (resized).jpgDP_Emails (resized).jpgIMG_5820 (resized).JPGIMG_5820 (resized).JPG

#7624 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I’m just not sure we have any more info now... really...

Really??

This post is to show for once and for all who is telling the truth in regard to the messages from ÄRA.

Also you can clearly see in the mails that Ära know the financial status of DP (the reference to the accountant). And with this knowledge still Ära agreed to the schedule. Also Jaap clearly hints at the lack of money hence the idea of extra machines to fill this gap. Nothing new for Ära. And remember, if they would have kept the 2015 contract this wouldn’t be a point of discussion mid 2016 ....

#7626 5 years ago

Claim from Ära is simple: money

Counterclaim from dP is equally simple: money.

Ära desires the money for services not paid, DP desires money for contracts not kept.

#7632 5 years ago

Back to assumptions again.

In 2015 there was enough money at the original contracted price.

In mod 2016 there was not enough money anymore because 1) price increased and 2) they were far overdue.

To cover the lack of money not only all 300 TBls should be shipped (200-300 were fresh money remember !) but also an additional 50 BoP should have been shipped. I guess also the original plan for BoP would have been an standard remake with the bop2.0 kit, not the SLE version announced March 2017. If you would market (assumption again) Bop2 at for instance 8-9KUsd, would this not be sellable? And compared to TBL a relative simple pin to built (remember the bop2 kit was already developed).

The profit from this would fill the gap left by 1) late delivery by Ära and 2) Increased price by Ära.

And remember, Ära has always fully been aware of all finances from DO. This from start to end. The header in the email states: two week overview as per contract.

#7633 5 years ago

And man, you guys are a tough crowd

#7635 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

appreciate you're filling in additional details.. but those aren't in this email exchange, that's stuff you're adding to the story. So, sorry if people aren't reading the email with the same insight as yourself

That’s why I say back to assumptions again

Everything i can’t back up with written proof is an assumption with-by me. After all, who am I to state my antennas for truth sensing are 100% correct?? Let alone my interpretations of debates and thoughts.

No, my posts without proof are on my personal responsibility only. They should by taken by you FWIW to you, no more no less. If you decide you wanna take legal steps against DP, it’s up to you. I am not trying to stop anybody who wants this. My intentions is to show what I think is truethfull and best way to go. No more, no less.

Spent 3 hours in the car today listening pinball podcasts. Especially those from somebody based in NY. He has his opinions, I have mine. As long as we threat each other with respect I am fine with other people’s opinion, also if they don’t agree with mine. I can only learn from it and perhaps see a better way and come to another conclusion. I don’t have all the knowledge in the world after all

#7656 5 years ago

I don’t get it apparently.

ÄRA sents a letter accusing DP and ‘everybody’ falls over DP, they are scumbags etc.

Now the proof is here that that letter was false and zero word on this for you all ??

The letter from Rene is in my words clear.

It states for instance

Parts ordered. Not done
Increase capacity. Not done
Deliver 300 TBL in 2016 and 50 BoP in 2016. Not done.

And now a lot of you go in defense mode for ÄRA?? I feel like living on another planet.

Does it really matter if they paid fully or (big) part of the first 2 half containers? They stopped paying as the invoices where not compliant with the agreements. Knowing that Xytech built afterwards 4-5 TBLs is a sure indication that at that moment there was enough money to pay for these first containers and extra. Must be costly to make these first proto TBLs. It was making it to no 200 which was the issue (the moment of new money from cT and Nitro). Their lack of money was caused by lack of action from ARA. ÄRA has itself to blame for this !!

Sorting our payment. Remember Jaap addresses the 30 days payment term. This remark clearly addresses that question from Jaap. In my book this says: take care of it.

Look, the money we paid is (mostly) gone. I get this and we all have to accept it, like it or not and speaking for myself: I don’t like it. The responsibility lies with DP but the guilt with ÄRA. DP had all agreements with them to make TBL a reality but ÄRA decided to f*ck a stranger in the alps. By not doing what they promised to DP they drained their resources. Backup plans they didn’t fulfill as well. This is why our money is (mostly) gone.

Being a three man company DP doesn’t have unlimited resources. They trusted a (used to be) reputable company like ARA to do what they said they would do.

If the mails and contracts are good enough in court we will know sooner or later. That is, of DP stays around long enough. Remember my theory that ARa does this to block new income for DP and get them bankrupt. A bankrupt company can’t win from ÄRA ......

These emails clearly shows ARA did raise the pricing, did commit to DP to raise production capacity, did commit to order parts and all these they did (again) not do. The end of the line was met for DP.

What do you guys want to know more in order to unite and help DP ?

#7674 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

This is where the major problem occurred. They were already coming up short on money as early as June/2016.
I'm no rocket surgeon, but I think the lack of games produced may be related to this somehow.

Yep. ARA knew at that moment of time that there wasnt enough money and stil stated that prodictuon would be increased, parts would be ordered, etc.

So how can you guys state that ARa didn’t push for all of this because of the lack of payments? There were no surprises for ARA here. They agreed to all these things knowing the financial situation and didn’t do them. Period.

Anyway. Gonna sign of for a few days in the thread. Think it is better for me. I have my believes, you have yours. My obligation to my fellow EA’s has been fulfilled.

2 weeks later
#7749 5 years ago

No I mean there has been more current refunds
If ARA hasn't been paid I am sure DP has money to refund.

Pls state proof of this. According to DP this is pure nonsense. No recent refunds are given and Universal didn’t care about the pre order model. So pls proof DP is lying and shut me up or stop telling this unsupported nonsense and make your apologies to the readers for wasting their time.

#7754 5 years ago

As someone who had a license with universal I can tell you the DP license is game over, the damage they have done, they also haven't paid all the license fees
Put up or shut up, have DP show their investors who paid them the books, showing where the money is and what it has been spent on.
Mortgage their homes and pay people back or file bankruptcy and it will come out
How about a legal fund to help hire a Lawyer, I will start off with $1,000 to donate.

As I thought, no proof. And to divert attention another unproven accusation is made in regard to licensing. I am sure Roger Sharpe would be very interested in hearing from you and seeing your proof. Roger Sharpe has repeatedly stated license is OK. And if you think Roger Sharpe would cover for DP and set his reputation at stake for DP ......

Man, coming back to this thread after two weeks of rest is hard. People stating things as if they are true without any proof doesn’t make life more easy.

I suspect you aren’t even an EA as I don’t see you on the list but that list is incomplete so can’t be sure.

#7788 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Looks like a liquidation sale to me. Sell off the parts now so they have no assets left when the creditors come to collect. Sneaky bastards.

Why the negative approach?? You could also see it as an attempt to have enough funds to fight of ARA.

But apparently everything DP does is explained negative

1 week later
#7851 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Where can we follow this?

Was in the open in their last newsletter

http://www.dutchpinball.com/specials

#7853 5 years ago

I did see an a German forum somebody posting a picture of a 16KEUR bid close to ending. So suppose it’s in that price range if that’s the info you are looking for.

AA02F587-F564-46D8-A673-256E4E17C92B (resized).jpegAA02F587-F564-46D8-A673-256E4E17C92B (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#7882 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I believe he meant Rensh.

I think he meant me indeed.

Still awaiting his proof of MANY refunds. Don’t think that he knew about highdef refund (neither did I) when he made his claim.

Can’t object to Highdef wanting a refund. He didn’t get (yet) a product after all. I guess we all do know where this ends when refunds are unforced by us EA. Should this stop you? This is for every person to decide for themselves.

This is exactly why I think ARA started a courtcase. Not that they thought they would win but other buyers would cripple and bankrupt DP befor the courtcase is on. Sad day.

#7885 5 years ago

Sorry rensh. Bloody auto correct.
Ps you coming to Australia in December?

Wish i where. Missing USD 8500 to be Able to afford the trip

What’s happening than in December? We have in November our own Dutch Pinball Open.

#7900 5 years ago

Can garantuee you that this isn’t a setup from DP. They assisted in supplying materials and stuff but the initiative is not theirs. This as stated in their last NSN

#7949 5 years ago

Target of the Gofundme is not pinball enthusiasts, it are Lebowski dudes who are supportive. Not those participating in this thread. And Lebowski fans run in the millions ....

Be happy somebody is trying something. Like or don’t like it but just don’t donate if you don’t like it and just wish the action all the best and leave it alone. Us EA have nothing to loose with this after all, you can only win.

And I think most people agree that DP has likely made some bad business decisions but has not spend our money on Big cars and big houses. Can’t proof this statement but I know where Jaap and Barry live and what they drive for instance. No Fiji islands, illegal none licensed activity, empty cabinets at expos or boats envolved here.

AlSo seeing a dutchpinball paypal address assures you that the money is going to DP and not some conmen.

So please just wish it all the best or better, start your own initiatives. Rally up a bank willing to support this matter as some suggest. Apparently it’s very easy to get 500K I have read ....... I don’t have it for sure. Sales numbers are there but for those thinking that going to a bank with orders for let’s say 500 TBLs will get you immediate the money, try it .....

Guess I will need a flamesuit again....
Just a pitty that initiatives like this are so critized as the founders have clearly no personal gain. Just trying something to favour us EA.

#7953 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Seriously?? They are doing this for the EA with no personal gain.... Really? Are you related to them or as I suspect Really deep into that personal friendship. Nothing they have done to Date is for the EA buyers. Nothing!

If this money helps DP to win the courtcase and jumpstart the production as mentioned in the goals tell me how this doesn’t help us EA???

#7954 5 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

this is like titanic, they are trying to repair this ship while its sinking.. it's no use.. its sad yes.. it really is.. but they had a good shot to do this the right way but missed it badly.. do what phil also did couple years back.. just abandon ship folks, they fucked it up severly, declare bankruptcy and move along.. or start fresh again! 500K for lawyers gtfo give it back to all the EA instead!! I was proud to have them achieving good things to the pinball community as a Dutch fella. but cmon guys!! making pinball is tough I get it.. stop making this mess even worse then it already is.

500k for lawyers only??

Should I translate this part of the Gofundme in Dutch for you?

Now DP needs help to pay their lawyers and to start up the production with another manufacturer

#7961 5 years ago

It’s a fan made movie so the rules are different when it comes to licensing. So Ballypinball, let’s see your proof of this, together with the proof of the MANY refunds ..... for a person not being an EA you are really very keen on getting this whole story to a bad end. Wonder what your motives are but glad we have half a planet between the both of us.

Not saying that Universal will not have an opinion on this but DP is not doing this. It are fans of TBL.

RTR, I am talking of the persons organizing the Gofundme don’t have any personal benefit from it besides that if it succeeds they will get their TBL as others. DP is NOT organizing this Gofundme.

But you know what. All those who know better, come with a plan. Otherwise just be happy with all efforts done to get you your game. Good or bad efforts as it may be. You have a better plan? Put it on the table.

I will leave you guys now alone. Gonna enjoy the remainder of my holiday. Cheers.

#7979 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Rensh - You seem like a super nice guy and I would buy you a beer any day of the week and drink it with you. But I gotta respond when you say stuff like this.
DP is involved in the gofundme (how else could the S7 propose to give away "DP's" stuff?) There is no plan in place to assure gofundme money goes towards legal fees and production costs only. No transparency, no rules, no oversight no controls - all of the things Jaap and Barry need - even you guys trying to help them are really just enablers by not giving them some guidelines how they can use the funds. I know, I know, its not gonna fund anyway unless Jeff Bridges himself cuts a check, but he is not that dumb either. But still. One of the S7 could hit the lotto....
We (EA's, pinball community in general) have put better plans on the table constantly - see my thread where I urged DP to take the ARA deal. I have also written them on several occasions and posted my email correspondence in these threads. There have been a lot smarter guys than me chiming in with great advice (also ignored) all along.
I have been pretty consistent on advising DP not to walk away from the ARA contract. They have always needed to resolve this ARA overhang - no one would ever consider lending DP money with the ARA potential liability just sitting out there ready to bite them in the ass like it is right now.
No one will be able to say they didn't see this coming as DP goes belly up. We are all watching a painfully slow 3 year train wreck in progress. Many of us have been yelling at the Engineers to change course, but they just keep steaming ahead towards the wall.

People keep coming back on the deal proposed by ARA. This was a bad offer. ARA didn’t want to deliver these 40-50 units to us EA.

They wanted their hands freed to sell them somewhere else and than terminate the contract. They wouldn’t care about the storm it would cause in pinball country as it’s not their usual market and they would declare DP bankrupt.

As they can’t proof it DP never said a word about it but Rene at that moment hinted in a
meeting to DP that that was the plan. So Can’t proof it but the fact that ARA wouldn’t settle with full access to all the money should mean something. This money however would only be freed if delivered to EA’s. Selling somewhere else makes more money or do deliver to EAs and accept less money. Than sell the remaining parts also and most of ARA cost would have been covered and they would leave Pinball business for good and leave us EA with nothing. Getting only access to the money would force them in building all the pins. Having control over DP would enable the earlier plan.

Please also do note that ARA has proven broken earlier commitments and agreements. In hindsight ARA was a bad choice

Damned, now I did answer again while I am on holiday. Enjoying view on the Fiji Islands

Let’s further agree to disagree. Hope we will ever know what is the true story. My info is after all 1sided only. It’s only fair to admit that.

F380B37D-3D19-4605-B341-593487520165 (resized).jpegF380B37D-3D19-4605-B341-593487520165 (resized).jpeg
#7983 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You are obviously more than just a buyer. You are completly disregarding the facts as we know them and defend DP so much that you seem to be a paid employee. Is the DP team on vacation with you?

I am not a paid employee but never made a secret of it that I am a friend of Barry.

Reason I bought a TBL wasn’t because of theme but because it was made in NL by DP-Barry. And yes, it looked nice . Have spent many hours with him debating this all.

Do I know it all? Nop, am human as all of you and as I mentioned in earlier posts I have to rely on my human antenna when it comes to the stories from Barry. Have not seen any contract is what I mean.

This for what’s it worth to you.

And no, DP is not with me on holiday. Befor any wild stories arise (its pinside after all), earned my own holiday through hard working for it. Just like I paid for the TBL.

#8004 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Over the line dude. rensh has a much different opinion about things, perhaps influenced by his friendship with Barry, but I don't believe him to be dishonest or anything other than a nice guy.

Thanks, highly appreciated. We may disagree but respect each other. After all, does any of us really know the true things? I THINK I know it because of long talks with Barry.

It’s Malaysia by the way where I am staying. Just mentioned Fiji islands because there was a time once when a pinsider, forgot his name, continuous would state Jaap and Barry would run to Fiji after collecting all the money . Not the best of my Jokes I think now

#8006 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Malaysia is good! rensh Whereabouts? I spend a lot of time in Penang and Kuala Lumpur. Your location looked bit nicer!

Making a self made round trip. First did 5 days Borneo and now Perenthian islands. Than we go to Taman Negara, than Penang-Georgetown and than Langkawi. Than fly to Kuala Lumpur for a few last days there and than back to NL and the hard reality of work

Flight is most expensive part. Staying here is relative cheap against Europe or US. But no pinballs here. I think better, my wife would kill me if I would play pinball here ...

#8044 5 years ago

Sorry RTR, have to agree with Rubberducks. Damned, would be nice if I could sync with RTR. Had a beer on the island RTR cheering to you .

ARA has for sure no interest in assembling more machines. They will sell off the finished goods and parts and that’s it. They have no roots in the pinball industry so without designers people who know what players-buyers want etc what would be the use? Any loss leftover would be a write off for them and than game over.

Must admit this has always been the biggest puzzle with me. Why did ARA do so much work and investments and than not finish at least the first 300 pcs???? Would have been more easy and even if they would have been produced at a loss for sure less a loss than they are looking at now. Guess that’s why manager Rene was fired .... business wise ARA didn’t make much sense to me.

Oh, and in case ARA wins the courtcase is EA are screwed. They will never give the 40-50 pcs to the first EA’s in line. They will go, like the parts, to the highest bidder

#8050 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I am not sure why you won't accept that ARA stopped producing games because DP refused to pay for them. It was even implied in your shared DP email. Jaap basically said DP had no money. This is really the simplest part of the whole problem.

I am totally in agreement with this. We are finally in sync

But why was dP running out of money? The units were supposed to be built in 2015 by ARA !! Summer 2016 it still wasn’t done and 2 years running a company (1 Yr more as calculated at that moment) costs money and no new income was generated. And than ARA rose the price substantially which dP even agreed to IF they would make them all in 2016 plus 50 pcs BoP. These extra sales were needed to cover the losses caused by ARA in the first place. And guess what, in October 2016 it showed ARA hadn’t even ordered the parts for the BoP. So than DP terminated the new agreement. So much for reliable ARA. And remember, Ara had full access to the DP books. So they knew exactly in ewhich financial state DP was in when they promised delivery 2016 incl 50 pcs. BoP. They knew they had to make the extra units to cover the losses they caused but still didn’t do it. So their whining on we didn’t get paid was all their own doing !!

If I am accusing DP of anything is that they didn’t waterproof the contract against delayed deliveries. But must also admit that the behavior of ARA is unusual in Dutch business and certainly of a bigger company.

#8159 5 years ago

Good idea.

Guess it will leak out eventually but let’s not make it the trolls with nothing at stake to easy.

#8198 5 years ago

The Dutch take typical a 3 week summer Holiday. This is spread over like a 2 month holiday period when schools are closed for the summer.

So this means it’s likely that of several people are envolved in something always one is on holiday over this 2 month period. For a lot of jobs this is fine as colleagues can easily take over. With attorneys I can imagine this is more difficult as it takes a lot of time to understand a case in depth. And could also be that the holiday of ARA and DP lawyer are not in sync.

One thing I believe for sure, DP wants this to be done quickly so Barry and Jaap are not causing this delay.

3 weeks later
#8274 5 years ago

Yup. I know DP has planned to do a code update if shipping restarts with some polishing and final wizzard mode. Barry already prepared animations for this which will have to be put in the code. If shipping restarts Koen will be hired on a temp base to do this.

But, focus is on hardware production first.

1 month later
#8383 5 years ago

Yeah, the thoughts that ARA would ‘give’ the built TBLs to an EA are just phantasy. Will never happen. In case ARA gets the right to sell them (don’t forget not only UA has something to say on this but the software to run a TBL is IP from DP !) they will sell them, not give them away.

EA has a claim to DP, not ARA.

By the way, This has been covered several times already. Guess this helps to pass time

#8388 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

He’s saying that while Ara built the games... the software is still the intellectual property of dp.
But what would a bankrupt company do to fight it ? And I think there is something about them being finished goods being taken in ownership that would allow them to liquidate them.

This has been my idea from the start.

Why would ARA take DP to court now? No money to be had after all. But if this would prevent DP from starting up production and raising money and thus causing their bankruptcy this might free ARA’s hands to resell the parts and finished goods they have and no worries on Intelectual Property from UA or DP.

But this old wine in new bags. Back to the private forum

#8395 5 years ago

I too find it a puzzling newsletter. If you think it is of personal nature why mention it at all??

Anyway, it must refer to the illness of Jaap. He has recently be diagnosed unfortunately with throatcancer and undergoing chemo therapy and radiation therapy. It’s serious and makes realize what’s most important in life and it ain’t pinball

1 month later
#8485 5 years ago

They are supposed to go motorized up based on a projectory calculated by the PC based on the moment you release the ball. However, it can happen sometimes they are hit.

So everybody is right here

3 weeks later
#8542 5 years ago

Can recall that the programmer once told me that the songs have no special protection, just WAVs. If this is right should be easy to swap out songs without any special software.

In regard to a pinball browser working on PROC, no idea. Don’t think so however one exists.

2 months later
#8667 5 years ago

Sorry to confirm that what Kaneda is telling isn’t true.

Wonder where he got his intel, he sounded very sure.

3 weeks later
#8756 5 years ago

It ain’t over till the fat lady sings but it is difficult to stay optimistic

Last word on the judge whispers first half of May. Damned to our slow legal system

#8759 5 years ago

I spoke to somebody this week who spoke 3 weeks ago with the director of ARA. This after the Kanada podcast, he wanted to see if it could be true. Now we know it wasn’t but he did learn the TBLs and parts are still there but the manufacturing line has been dismantled completely. Again shows ARA have no interest in starting up production again.

Even if ARA wins I am doubting they can sell the 40ish TBLs sitting there. Not only because of Universal studio but a pinball without the software where clearly the IP is with DP? Sounds useless to me.

#8771 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Rensh . Heck, you might even be Barry or Barry's mom for all I know.....

Am To ugly to be Barry or Barry’s mom

Anyway, several people on here, like Robin or Burningman, can testify that I am a real person.

And I do fully understand your statement as i would feel the same. I have always stated I am not only an EA but also a friend of Barry and Jaap so everybody could take this into consideration when reading my info. No hiding here. And yes, I try to keep people updated as much as I can with indeed 1sided info. This is all I have to offer.

3 months later
#9855 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

10 deep by 3 wide it what it looks like. So 30 games in the first load?

Everything was loaded in 1 truck. It was an extra long truck. Was even some room left for extras like packaging material and packaging equipment.

#9915 4 years ago

....... No, something is rotten in Denmark!

For somebody who can’t even get the country right you seem to know a lot of things about DP .....

#10078 4 years ago

ARA is indeed on holiday but DP isnt. The first 20 pc’s are ready for shipment and yesterday evening Dutch time DP received the shipping Bills from CT. So shipment will be very soon.

And testing was 100%. All have been unboxed. Firmware upgrade is to be done by the owners however (was never promised by Barry) but the newest release will be out soon. Focus was on getting games out.

So dont believe everything said in this thread.

#10087 4 years ago

The plaques have all been removed and stored for future use. Also the markings on the boxes have been removed.

#10208 4 years ago

Guess I will regret posting here as I will get burned and marked as a DP lover. So upfront, yes, I consider Barry being a friend so read the below with that in mind.

But reading all these messages mostly from people having zero knowledge claiming however to know it all and having no skin in the game get under my skin . So let me write something trying to clarify some matters or at least let you know how I see it. This especially for my fellow EA’s.

So, a lot of assumptions here but those thinking the 40 games would have to go to the 40 EA who paid for them are in the wrong. They would never have gone to us EA unfortunately

Why? Simple because there was no more money left with DP to pay them. ARA dragged everything for years and so emptying the DP pockets. And yes, they had there 1 wild party in 2014 where they brought to their penthouse their own food and drinks bought in the supermarket.... Didnt see any hookers or expensive Champaign. Damned, must have left to early

So in order to get out of the ARA claim, free the way in order to try to continue so to speak without having the ARA claim hanging above them preventing any further actions, these 40 games would need to be ‘resold’. Without a license and the software the built TBLs were worthless to ARA but in the hands of DP they are worth enough to pay off ARA. ARA had ofcourse a big write-off but suppose DP would go bankrupt they would have nothing. They chose the better something as nothing route.

So CT did the sale, paid DP, DP paid ARA. The fact that CT, who has for sure more inside info as us, trusts DP on this should tell you guys something.

So, these 40 games would never have gone to us EA, like it or not. As I see it us EA lost nothing. It was either this move with hope for the future or go bankrupt for DP.

Than people will state Barry did this to cover his own ass. Now, there was no ass to be covered. If DP would go bankrupt Dutch law protects him and his private assets would remain his assets. Only if you commit fraude directors of BV’s like DP is can be hold privately responsible and Barry didn’t commit any fraude. So declaring DP bankrupt would not influence Barry’s financial position in life. So Barry’s motivation to do this all is not to protect his financial ass but trying to get us EA what he promised, a TBL. Because yes, he feels responsible for this. Believe me, just declaring bankruptcy and move on with other things is a much easier road as the one chosen now.

And yes, he also still feels ARA are the ones having caused all this mess. That he lost the courtcase wasn’t because the judge said the lack of money wasn’t caused by ARA but just that the invoice was legit and need to be paid. That DP stated this lack of money was caused by ARA themselves would be a topic of another courtcase. This was about invoice legit yes or no. And a new courtcase would take way to long meaning DP bankrupt befor outcome was known. Which is why DP (Barry) tried, again, to reach an agreement with ARA and here we are. .

I don’t like to current situation either but it is either they go bankrupt or try this route with a, big or small, chance for success. Barry is highly motivated to try this. Not because of financials as I mentioned above but because he wants us to get what he committed to. He may not feel guilty but feels for sure responsible.

Than the part about taking via court possession of the 40 TBLs as they are assets of DP. Even if this was possible, which I don’t think so, the only people screwed would be either CT or the 40 new buyers as it would be now there money gone. Remember, they were ARA property and only the CT money ‘freed’ then. Would you wanna be responsible for this?? Taking possession of the parts than, to do what with? Sell them for like 100K, divide this over the creditors and get pennies on the dollar?? Not me.

No, fact is we are as EA’s on this roller coaster without a steering wheel for us and we can only help, or pray if you want, for a good outcome. I try to help Barry as much as I can hoping he can pull it off. Won’t be easy and it is for sure not a done deal. The biggest mistake I see that DP made is that their contract with ARA wasn’t watertight enough to enforce the original production schedule promised by ARA to have them produced in 2015....

Oh, and the story of the 51% stock share for ARA which pops up regularly. Believe me, as soon as ARA would have had this they would have resold the 40 pcs, like happens now, but than they would have closed shop leaving zero for us. They had no intention anymore in becoming a pinball production company. They wanted out ASAP. Remember, DP offered them 100% control of the money (payments would go direct to the bank account of ARA bypassing DP) but they said no. Why?

So this is my 2 cents for what’s worth to you. Hope I don’t need a flame suit.

#10218 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Gonna stop you right there. DP has the opportunity to pay ARA 1000 euros additional per game according to DP to get the assembly moving again. (At least that’s what was said after the circuit board lies were exposed). Why didn’t they do that, instead of digging in and eventually involving the courts? In hindsight, 1,000 euros extra seems like a goddamn bargain and I bet to hell every EA wishes they had a chance to pay that additional cost and get a game.
It’s my contention that DP’s pockets were basically empty when the circuit board lies were told. They theorized they could sell 150 BoP’s at 12,500 to cover the TBL shortfall. ARA rightfully saw this as a form of check-kiting and did not order the second game parts and DP was stuck, not having enough money to finish TBL

Where do people get these ideas from?

If you would have listened to Jaap’s explanation on video you would have learned that DP AGREED with this increase if ARA would step up production and produce 50 pcs BoP (not a SLE version) within 2017. ARA agreed to do this on paper. And in fact this stepping up production DP asked for was already long overdue and not an over demand. DP just wanted them to keep finally their end of the deal which started in 2014.

End October 2017 it showed that ARA had no intention to keep there part of the deal (no parts ordered and no stepup in production). So DP put their feet in the ground and ARA reacted with shutting down. And ARA did this while they were the one who kept (again) not their end of the deal.

So do you really think that ARA would have kept their commitment to production if we would have paid the Eur 1000 in place if DP? Nope. The manager at that time with ARA had proven not to be trusted. They would have taken the eur 1000 and just put new demands on the table.

So if you scream this kind of info into the world get the picture complete please. This is public known intel so you could have known this but I guess that story isn’t fancy enough ..... DP has to fall.

#10219 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Yeah just Barry lies and bullshit.. there was a time when I wanted to help these guys.. :middle finger:

Do you know how does sounds to me as an EA??

He, I can help you EA’s but you know what, middle finger to you guys.

Not helping DP equals not helping EA after all.

If you really can help but are stopped by the conclusion that Barry is a lying m*therf*cker why don’t phone him and get the intel direct from him. Or are you the kind of person who talks the talk but doesn’t walk the walk .....

#10221 4 years ago
Quoted from Rody:

rensh ... I appreciate your desire to provide information to support your friend, however, the most impactful action you can take to help is to encourage Barry to reach out and communicate directly with each EA the current status and plans for the future.
In the absence of transparent, honest communication, supposition and anger will continue.
I hope the best for a positive change in direction for all involved.

A NSN is expected very soon

Don’t forget, DP is more or less a 1 man company now (just Barry). And all of this is a lot of work

But, soon.

#10223 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did Barry tell you when DP will explain how it plans to resume production? Sale of the 40 games allowed DP to pay off some of its debt to ARA, but I don't understand how DP moves from where it is today (no more games, pile of parts, still owes ARA an undisclosed sum, still owes games to 100 or more EAs) to where it wants to be (DP generates sufficient resources to produce and sell enough new games to cover expenses, remaining debt to ARA, and begin paying down debt to EAs). Until DP puts a realistic plan on the table and starts taking concrete steps to execute on that plan, sympathy and patience for Barry will remain in short supply.

I expect that in coming NSN more of this will be revealed. Let’s await that first and take it from there

#10229 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What's his phone number?

In plain sight for the whole world to see on their website .....

1 week later
#10354 4 years ago

There is a far completed assembly manual made by Barry in the ARa and Xytech period. Seen some pages of it. Looks good and was made in solid works and comes with detailed drawings.

But far completed is something else as completed and even with a full manual this would be a hell of a job without training. We are talking here about 1000s of parts per machine I think. A technical no-go for most EA’s I think.

And last but not least, there are not parts for complete 200 games. Some parts yes (saw many lcd displays and computers for instance) but not 200 cabinets for instance. It’s like 6 truckloads of parts though and for sure a very very good start but not 200 games complete in parts unfortunately. This was also mentioned in last NSN.

1 week later
#10446 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

From a VERY well informed source I can guarantee you that this is NOT true. There was a party at the table that had an offer that included delivery to the EAs first at no or a limited (1 to 2k) cost.

Quoted from solarvalue:

I think I must have listened to a different interview. It seemed clear from the interview that he could have walked away from the whole thing many times. After they lost the lawsuit he was about to walk away, but decided to give it one more shot and speak to ARA directly. He also mentioned that if the company had gone bankrupt, he would have been personally protected by Dutch law but he wanted to see it through. He also said that he had been contacted by several parties wanting to buy the company, but they all wanted to "cut the EAs loose", so he turned them down. I got the impression that he genuinely wants to get the EAs their games.

If you would listen really to what he is saying around 1:27:30 you would hear that he is saying ALMOST everyone of them ......

so if there was such an offer on the table (with likely many many strings attached) he is not lying in the podcast as he clearly DIDN’T say All of them ....

Folks pls listen carefully befor another false story is leading his own life.

#10650 4 years ago

Ok

To avoid any misunderstanding: ALL EA’s get the extra’s.

If you go for option 2 the first game delivered at 12K5 USD will have the extra’s and the EA plague. Game 2 will be the ‘regular’ unit which is available to all non EA buyers.

If you decide to wait your original EA game will have the extra’s.

#10653 4 years ago

It was meant that if an EA decides to take option 2 the special features and plague will be on the unit bought @ 12K5 and not on the afterwards delivered ‘original’ EA unit.

If however an EA decided to stay with ‘just’ the original purchased unit (and not buy the 12K5 unit) it will have the plague and special extra(s).

This as I just checked with Barry to make 200% sure I understood it correctly.

1 week later
#10882 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

What do you I mean by the programmer is “gone”?
The wizard mode and some mystery modes are not code is my understanding. I’m sure there is probably other stuff I don’t know about yet.

Programmer Koen has left DP indeed so he is gone from DP so to speak but he has not dropped off the planet and gone forever.

I know that he is working on a code update in evening and weekend time besides his day job.

1 month later
#11143 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

does anyone have any actual proof of these new 10 games? All of this is apparently happening under some ridiculous cloak of secrecy.
If I want to sell a bunch of products to an enthusiastic but skeptical audience ( due to my own missteps) I would be OVER communicative in every conceivable way....this is just more nonsense.
Show proof of production
Show proof of a facility
Show proof of a production staff (if there is one...)
Show proof of new owners receiving games
Show progress of the business model in action
Anything? Anything???

FWIW to you, I visited DP several times in the past 3 weeks and a facility is there, two new produced TBLs sat in a box awaiting payment, plenty of parts were present, playfields were on tippers and worked upon, new cabinets were stickered, etc. I leave pictures to the upcoming NSN.

And it is up to new owners to report receiving games, not DP. Some people are paranoia enough here that if DP would report it it would be seen as fake news.....

1 week later
#11196 4 years ago

In principal they are the same.

However, doing assembly now 100% themselves they see some chances to simplify production while maintaining quality and some changes will be made in the not to distant future.. Like replacing the cable harness for the bowling alley with a simplified version plus a PCB. All minor stuff as I understood and backwards compatible.

1 week later
#11289 4 years ago

Had a friend ordering one for his IJ and installed it few weeks ago. Scratches are indeed seen if you look carefully. And this already after several plays. However, you must look for it and it gives ease of mind.

Biggest issue I guess will be the part over the big window insert. There scratches will be more visible For the eye I expect.

I have a protector on my AcDc premium for Pinball Universe. I have the feeling they are using a material more scratch resistant. But can be just a feeling.

3 weeks later
#11337 4 years ago

When it comes to pure playing pleasure no pin IMHO is worth 7K+. Price in this case is determined by rarity, not playing pleasure. I can have as much fun on playing a cheaper Brated pin as an overpriced BBB for instance. Played a magic girl once and left it after playing only two balls. That one costed double a TBL price and didn’t offer any playing pleasure.

Is a painting from Van Gogh really tenths of millions more worth to the eyes as a drawing from your kids? Nope to me.

So ‘richer’ people for whom the value of 15KUSD is the same as for me 5KUSD are those paying for this. Like people buying luxury pricey items. Cars jewelry pinballs ....

TBL is different to me as it’s made by local people who are my friends. Heck, I even help assembling them. This gives sentimental value for which I am willing to pay extra. Nothing to do with playing pleasure. Can imagine the theme does the same with other people, I even didn’t know the movie when I bought it ....

#11345 4 years ago

Games are being shipped to new buyers. Profit from these sales is first used to startup production and streamline it and than to start building EA games in a mix of new sales and EA games. Ratio mix unknown.

4 weeks later
#11441 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

The Dutch have too many holidays in a year to get anything done!

I wish.

From government it’s Like 20 free to decide holiday days. This besides Christmas and so on. Most companies have like 25-30 holidaydays a year.

Can however state that Barry works 6 days a week in the factory and on Sunday is busy to with TBL, just not at the factory ... although his wife told me even on Sunday he is Quite often found at production Facility.

#11443 4 years ago

The first run was supposed to be 300 pcs. Of those 300 approx 180 went to EA and the rest went to CT

Thus it makes sense to me that newly built units are starting numbering at 300.

#11457 4 years ago

Dutch pinball has opened an Instagram account

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8JDoOkAQ1b/?igshid=1giisy2bio333

Barry told me today that he plans to post more frequent pictures on this account.

2 weeks later
#11515 4 years ago

Truely wondering where you get your intel. This as Much more than 4 units we’re made. Don’t judge on just a few insta pictures.

#11517 4 years ago

For what’s worth to you I have visited DP like 15+ times helping them and can confirm that the factory does exist. In fact I even converted a proto TBL original meant for Xytech to an Ara version which is now in clubhouse of the Dutch pinball association in Veenendaal. See the clubmagasine Spinner for the full story.

You wanna see DP? Just drive to Roermond and check it out. U

52DB69A8-91CD-4B42-9394-1C0C3C8D86B7 (resized).jpeg52DB69A8-91CD-4B42-9394-1C0C3C8D86B7 (resized).jpeg
#11520 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Why don't you GTF off his lawn and troll somewhere else.
Reach out to Barry himself, [email protected].
I have communicated with him a couple of times the past few weeks and he responds within 24 hrs.....just don't act like a jack ass and you may get your answers.

His only posts are in TBL threads and I have no clue what he wants. He is based on NL so he can simply drive to roermond to check if DP has a real factory or not.

I can post as many pictures as needed but his only answer will be photoshop

And the unit in the clubhouse is an used not working Xytech proto reconverted by spending over 40 hours to a working used proto. So not an EA unit. But why do I even try to explain this to him? He doesn’t believe it anyway ......

#11532 4 years ago

As far as I know availability of spares is no issue besides spare PCB. As soon as he has more of those on stock it will become more available.

However, this remark only Applies to those ordering an extra Spare PCB, if somebody has a warranty issue that’s a different issue and will be sorted out quickly.

If somebody is truely awaiting spares from an august shipment let me know through PM and Let me see what is going wrong. Suspect however nobody will report to me ....

1 week later
#11563 4 years ago

You can see a proto version during gameplay in action at

#11565 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

What is this a "proto version" of? Is this one of the Chinese manufactured games?

I meant a prototype of the EA apron. The TBL itself is built by DP in NL.

#11570 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballyDutchy:

Sure, there beloved friend Rensh helps them to give the latest updates and most reliable news from DP! Who am I to think he is just a cointaker? That marketing guy took off, all parts are in the hands of the best assembly engineer and now we have this amazing apron. All EAs know that this will make them happy sooner or later!

You ONLY come to pinside to make sarcastic remarks in regard to TBL. What’s your story? Any skin in this matter? Being a fellow Dutchman I sent you once a PM offering help if needed And where I can but no reply.

1 week later
#11578 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Rensh will the virus affect your time line for building EAs games ?

Short term I don’t think so but long term I think every business is affected.

The fact that no EA aprons are shipped out is Also due to the virus. It’s waiting for the pcb’s which have to come from China and have been delayed a lot. But this doesn’t delay production.

And you just don’t know where deeply hidden parts come from China. You can order parts from Pinball life for instance and think you are safe but if pinball life uses again parts from China to built the ordered parts .......

So with the virus you just can’t garantuee anything. Just imagine the place where you life or work goes into quarantaine ?? What can you do?

Back to the question. Short term not and long term who knows?

2 weeks later
#11587 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Hey side question, do the new games come with the rug or did the rug only come with the original ones that shipped?
Thanks,
Jeff

Comes with the rug.

#11592 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Has anyone bought a backup rug from Barry? and any idea of price? Mine is pretty ratty already but I love keeping it out. I feel like we need a better second run of these and I'd buy at least one.

Are we talking of the rug in the game of the carpet rug? If carpet rug I know barry has sourced once a better quality but don’t think any were ordered. Not really a priority.

#11597 4 years ago

Posted this a couple of days ago in the EA only thread as this thread contains also several carpetpissers but think it will be of interest for more people. Hope I dont regret this

In NL we have the Dutch Pinball Association called NFV. With approx 1300 members I think its the largest pinball club in the world.
We do have a clubmagazine which comes out every 3 months on paper (64 pages) called the Spinner. For this I write quite often articles but dont have to do this alone fortunately.

Last Spinner was a DP-TBL special with an article on Game review TBL, the story behind the loaning of DP of an ES4 TBL to the NFV and also an interview with Barry. I wrote the first 2 articles but I think you will find the third article written by a collegue the most interesting so I translated it into English. Please do note some nuances can be lost in translation but it gives you more inside info on what happened and current idea's-planning.

You as EA have first deb's to see this I think

Please also do note that this article was written several weeks ago and thus pre-Corona . With Corona now shutting down manufacturers all over the world (in fact I think DP is the last pinball manufacturer (besides boutigue manufacturers) with a steady output of games, who would ever imagined this?) every planning has become unreliable . After all you only need 1 part to become unavailable to halt production . For short term DP is OK as they just had a big shipment of parts coming in but long term? But this is outside every bodies control let alone DP. If Dutch government for instance would choose for a full lock-down no matter who you are you are closed. For the moment we are in so-called Intelligent lockdown eg businesses like DP are still allowed to be open (but restaurants-pubs. events etc are all closed and people are asked to stay indoor as much as possible and stay at least 1.5 mtr away from other people).

Stay healthy as after all that's much more important as any pinball.

Spinner 2020-01.jpgSpinner 2020-01.jpg20. TBL extra EN hires.pdf20. TBL extra EN hires.pdf
2 weeks later
#11627 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
As I’m interested in owning this game, I was looking for some several videos with the game in action.
I don’t know if this is the video rendering but it looks as badly lighted with some shadow zones on the playfield.
What are your thoughts about the lightning of this one?
Thanks

Lighting is fine for me and light show is excellent. Capturing a game with leds is difficult for most cams. And yes, there are always darker spots in a game.

I realize it is in Dutch but attached an article I wrote once on an impression Of the TBL.

#11646 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I have package coming from PostNL since March 25 - still sitting in Netherlands (PostNL says expedite air shipped to US).
Based on that wondering if people are getting machines from DP?

What I expect here is that your package is already in the US but as it has left NL Dutch post can’t update the status anymore.

And yes, TBLs are still shipping. Next week I expect another batch is ready of 4 pcs of which one will go to EA no 52. These are shipped via DHL which is faster as Dutch Post. Only wondering how long DHL will still be able to deliver in the US considering the Corona virus. Let’s hope this will not interfere or much much more important that a medicine-vaccin is found.

#11668 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

They were supposed to be making 10 per week by now. Since it is closer to 2 per week that sets everyone way back.

10 per week? This is a quantity I can’t recall ever having heard from DP and not realistic for sure at the moment. Current rate is batches of 4 pcs per two week. They hope to double this ASAP and even this doubling makes it only 4 PCs per week. This all as per article.

However, Corona is not helping with this increasing production. Companies supplying parts have issues as well as companies capable of making subassemblies . Economy in NL is taking a big hit but assume that in the US this is not different. Well, at least they are still open and producing.

#11684 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Still debating getting on the list and dropping the 1K deposit on Cointaker. I personally haven’t played it, what pin does it mostly compare to in your opinion, as in how it plays. I personally love the movie and so does my wife.

If you love the movie and love pinball, you will like it for sure. No reason not to like. Theme integration is top notch and plenty to shoot for.

#11695 3 years ago

How works code update?

With an USB key just like stern and JJP.

What’s also nice is that the old versions remain present and you can select which version you wanna play in the menu. So if an upgrade brings a bug just select the older version and keep on having fun

#11696 3 years ago

Sorry but what do you mean with « corrupt »? Bad quality?
How many giga? Couldn’t work with USB key?

It’s a 30G SSD drive. Why would you wanna work from an USB key? Much slower and cost of a ssd is low nowadays.

1 week later
#11762 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Congrats on getting your game! I am #70 and hopeful that I too will see mine. It would be really nice if DP would come out and communicate the plan for fulfilling EA games...what is the ratio of new money to EA games..2 to 1, 3 to 1, 4 to 1...that way we could estimate when we might see our game.
Enjoy!
Ed

On this question earlier an article on an interview with Barry was posted where you can find the answer you desire, see https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/232#post-5577461

Also nice to know that DP hired an extra assembly line worker since 1st may. When he is brought up to speed this should mean production time decreases.

Now let’s hope covid-19 doesn’t interrupt parts supply. In current strange world many things have become uncertain

#11765 3 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

Does anyone’s Donny gate stay open too long? I get bounce backs thru it often.

The Donny gate stays usually open during a longer period indeed. I expect however that the cause of your issue is that the second ballgate is not opening on time and reflects from that ballgate. Only than it is able to go back through the Donny aye. Eg you are unable to make the total normal loop shot. Is that second ball gate still working properly? I have seen once a problem with a TBL that the spring which connects the gate to the coil has come loose.

#11766 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

The article says: "The intention is to work according to the principle: if two new TBLs are ready, one goes
to a new buyer and one goes to an Early Achiever. In the beginning, the ratio may be a bit different: 3 new to 1 ordered."
From what I have seen, only 1 EA game has shipped versus probably 20+ new money TBL's have shipped. When will we see the 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 ratio being fulfilled? There should be 1 EA being fulfilled every week based upon the article and that is clearly not taking place!
Thanks

The ratio mentioned there wasn’t supposed to be there from the start. First funds needed to be gathered to be able to start production eg rent a place, but tools, buy parts etc. Eg to get DP in a stable position.

I do expect-hope however that the ratio 3 to 1 is kept from now on. That is, if Corona doesn’t interfere

And production ratio is now 4 pcs per 2 weeks, the 4 pcs per week is the aim to reach during 2020. This as per same article. Pls read it with more care. Thanks.

#11773 3 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

rensh you were 100% correct, loose spring...thanks man!

Glad it helped. And now enjoy shooting the loops

#11777 3 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

Oh I did![quoted image]

Play better

You can do it

F92B3218-5AB0-43C4-9911-9A9EBAE3D6D2 (resized).jpegF92B3218-5AB0-43C4-9911-9A9EBAE3D6D2 (resized).jpeg

#11780 3 years ago

This is how I did it

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11783 3 years ago

I had indeed a warning from YouTube but have removed via YouTube the concerned soundtrack which was the blocking issue. Apparently still not working, damned

1 week later
#11799 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

All good fellas, thank you for the information. This seems all very messy and people are still waiting for the games that they payed for years ago.
In a nut shell there are about 133ish odd EA games that still need to be made.
Then customers can purchase a non EA game from either Dutch or CT or MOP?
The waiting time is huge!

I wouldn’t select MoP. They did put the TBL on their website in 2014 and it still stands there for even the original 2014 price. So go direct to DP or via CT. As payment is only required when unit is ready for shipment the risk is minimized as much as possible.

#11803 3 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

rensh Im getting better!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Good. Try to get as much bowling balls as possible (my favorite skillshot with holding up right flipper at ball launch) as these double jackpots for the lit character. I always pick Dude as first as this is also the super jackpot shot.

Than keep your mark it zero lit to be able to abort character multiball when you start it befor you have collected all the characters. Try also to increase evenly the character shots so they get lit quickly after each other. This all to start only when all characters are lit.

If you do a decent 5 character multiball With the bowling balls lit you see the points rack up quickly.

Go for it

#11810 3 years ago

I posted it in the owners club and maintenance thread. So check this and hopefully this will solve your issue. If it is misswired it means the hold coil is used for flipper which isn’t as powerful as the power coil.

#11813 3 years ago

These were all the pictures

0772A413-DAA2-4991-8914-32EFD60EADE6 (resized).jpeg0772A413-DAA2-4991-8914-32EFD60EADE6 (resized).jpegEA910871-6AC1-4908-83A3-037D9A61C6A8 (resized).jpegEA910871-6AC1-4908-83A3-037D9A61C6A8 (resized).jpeg29F3C7A7-D68F-4E6C-B4A5-CBA766D0B78F (resized).jpeg29F3C7A7-D68F-4E6C-B4A5-CBA766D0B78F (resized).jpeg59A706BE-2C08-498C-8AF0-4690394D6796 (resized).jpeg59A706BE-2C08-498C-8AF0-4690394D6796 (resized).jpegED2F503F-BF84-4098-BC77-0D3E7DE0CE99 (resized).jpegED2F503F-BF84-4098-BC77-0D3E7DE0CE99 (resized).jpeg5E95D6A8-7D09-45CB-AAF5-D421A236DEC2 (resized).jpeg5E95D6A8-7D09-45CB-AAF5-D421A236DEC2 (resized).jpeg5B974621-9E0D-463B-B8E2-DFD6D3CBED58 (resized).jpeg5B974621-9E0D-463B-B8E2-DFD6D3CBED58 (resized).jpeg1C67BCB6-C9AA-4DED-A1F7-D2413EEC0828 (resized).jpeg1C67BCB6-C9AA-4DED-A1F7-D2413EEC0828 (resized).jpeg58296765-D578-4FBE-AF53-0CECC7FEC01C (resized).jpeg58296765-D578-4FBE-AF53-0CECC7FEC01C (resized).jpeg7159421E-B5DE-4AA9-9DCB-3B4AAFC6CBAB (resized).jpeg7159421E-B5DE-4AA9-9DCB-3B4AAFC6CBAB (resized).jpegEA8B11E5-FDD4-42AE-9497-0449C7801C99 (resized).jpegEA8B11E5-FDD4-42AE-9497-0449C7801C99 (resized).jpegA635AF7F-17F2-4F9A-A6FB-FA3161B95FE2 (resized).jpegA635AF7F-17F2-4F9A-A6FB-FA3161B95FE2 (resized).jpegF6EB12A1-7A89-46BD-84BA-D963448FBAD4 (resized).jpegF6EB12A1-7A89-46BD-84BA-D963448FBAD4 (resized).jpeg8DBE2B7E-FE13-4966-A899-576F5D709B35 (resized).jpeg8DBE2B7E-FE13-4966-A899-576F5D709B35 (resized).jpeg3B3F2DB9-EABB-4219-BC8E-D6C9BAAED11A (resized).jpeg3B3F2DB9-EABB-4219-BC8E-D6C9BAAED11A (resized).jpegA11AE4B7-8BCC-4E8A-8894-50EC14E791BF (resized).jpegA11AE4B7-8BCC-4E8A-8894-50EC14E791BF (resized).jpegE0A6CBDD-44F3-49BB-B517-5BA790C65AED (resized).jpegE0A6CBDD-44F3-49BB-B517-5BA790C65AED (resized).jpeg7243777A-2A9B-44F1-A7B4-9E9A7EF10D4C (resized).jpeg7243777A-2A9B-44F1-A7B4-9E9A7EF10D4C (resized).jpegA833035B-AE5C-4757-B868-149C124DD0B8 (resized).jpegA833035B-AE5C-4757-B868-149C124DD0B8 (resized).jpeg91DE7F2C-8D3F-40EF-942A-D07C726D01EB (resized).jpeg91DE7F2C-8D3F-40EF-942A-D07C726D01EB (resized).jpeg824ABA33-7696-44A3-A309-236421072928 (resized).jpeg824ABA33-7696-44A3-A309-236421072928 (resized).jpeg33D6D26B-31A2-4932-8E54-893F924B4C4D (resized).jpeg33D6D26B-31A2-4932-8E54-893F924B4C4D (resized).jpeg24F57552-39DC-40C1-AFDA-DC92BBF79BA4 (resized).jpeg24F57552-39DC-40C1-AFDA-DC92BBF79BA4 (resized).jpeg
#11828 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

It the only difference between the Achiever Edition and Standard Edition the light up apron & badge?

I think the answer is Yes.

#11841 3 years ago

No 52 is on transport like more than a week or so I think. Current Corona times do influence shipping time but shouldn’t be long now.

Attached a picture of no 52 being loaded in the truck.

346D4D14-BE51-4661-BE3A-05BCB8FF3606 (resized).jpeg346D4D14-BE51-4661-BE3A-05BCB8FF3606 (resized).jpeg
#11849 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

To be fair, There have been a lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what-have-yous. Some of the confusion may be that the first EA is only just now receiving a game. While that’s not inconsistent with the statements DP made last year, if you heard about the plan to make EA games on a fixed ratio, or read DP’s statement that it hoped to ship the first EA game in “early 2020,” but haven’t been closely following the other breadcrumbs in this thread, you might reasonably wonder what’s going on.

DP just announced it’s going to be a 1:4 ratio for the time being. Based on prior statements it sounds like DP aspires to get to 1:3 or even 1:2 in the future as production capacity and efficiencies increase.

They produce in batches of 4. Of these 4 pcs 1 pc will go to EA and 3 pcs to new sales. Is this a ratio of 1:3 or 1:4? Just how you interprete it I guess.

Do you say 3 new sales and 1 EA makes 1:3

Or

Do you say out of 4 machines 1 is going to an EA eg 1:4 ???

Regardless, 4 produced -> 1 to EA and 3 to new sales

1 month later
#11944 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Did EA #52 ever arrive? I didn't see any news about it. That would be one hell of a party at my house!

Yes it has arrived but no party pictures as far as I can remember. A few more have left the building since but no dancing pictures there to. But not every customer is on pinside.

#11954 3 years ago

Was shot last Saturday.

#11956 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wish we knew what they were Saying..

Yeah. Just Noticed that after some time the translation stopped

It is supposed to be a work in progress. CHeck again after the weekend.

Anyway, gives you at least a visual idea of how the factory looks.

#11959 3 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Youtube has auto-generated closed captions for most videos, including this one.

Auto generation? That’s new for me. The subtitles are manually added I am told.

1 week later
#11978 3 years ago

This shortage of parts is temporarily and has NOTHING to do with money.

It is just a matter of COVID catching up to DP. Eg the manufacturer of certain parts to be more exact. A lot of parts are BW style and originate from the US. In the US there have been lockdowns shutting down factories. They have restarted apparently but still have a backlog to fullfill and this takes apparently a little longer as expected.

As mentioned earlier this can and most likely will cause a (small) hiccup short term but this time will be used to built more assemblies which can speed up building later on. So long term there is no influence is the expectation. This ofcourse all based on order confirmations from the US part suppliers.

DP is financial Sound enough to invest in speedup production and buying the required materials. No worries and don’t let people you think otherwise.

3 weeks later
#11993 3 years ago
Quoted from RickInFl:

The rug... Is that Early Achiever only?

Every new buyer gets the rug at the moment.

‘Only’ special for EA is the apron with plaque.

#11995 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Mine is sooooooo close to shipping, I hope the parts arrive soon...
Thanks,
Jeff

Parts have finally been shipped this week !! The last promise from the supplier was kept so hopefully next week in NL.

1 week later
#12006 3 years ago
Quoted from RickInFl:

Many thanks.
I am hoping for a custom apron - similarly styled - that can be customized as perhaps an 'Urban Achiever's edition. Not limited in any way of course... Just a mod.

An apron is planned similar to the early achiever edition but than without mentioning early achiever and plague.

#12008 3 years ago
Quoted from RickInFl:

Official or aftermarket?

Made by DP

#12019 3 years ago

It’s in fact bent metal, powered coated, a PCB with mounts where the leds are on, colored plastic beneath the holes and a flatcable.

So if you subcontract the metal bending, take time to ship it to a powder coated, the PCB is also subcontracted and let somebody else make the flatcable mostly packing and glueing the plastics is left. Searching vendors etc for this had to be done anyway for the achiever apron.

So yes it takes time ofcourse but think the caused delay to building TBL is not very big.

#12029 3 years ago

Does the tbl license expire at the end of the year? What happens then? Can dp renew it again?

Yes, it has been said it ends this year and yes, it can be extended . No worries.

#12030 3 years ago

In regard to a kit to DIY.

I have helped in the production and there are a lot of assembly instructions (this is something else as a manual) but this would be a hell of a job without proper training and only for a few experienced people this might work. This is just not a feasible idea for the fast majority among us.

But helping in pinball production is for a pinhead a wet dream

#12043 3 years ago

These two EA are no 57 and a replacement machine for an EA machine damaged in transit. A forklift driver decided the TBL was to nice ...... Total Loss.

Can you imagine? You finally are about to receive your TBL and than this happens

Anyway, holiday season is approaching his end, parts are Finally delivered So it should start up again. Next EA on the line is no 59 . Wait should finally be over very soon. NL is not supposed to be an earth quake country after all so that should not intervene but after everything that has happened I would not be surprised

1 week later
#12054 3 years ago

Can tell you that DP only requests payment at the moment the TBL is more or less ready. So for them between receiving the payment and shipping is like 1-2 weeks.

Where the story of 10 weeks comes from?? Perhaps the middle man asks it sooner or it’s a one off case with something special.

#12058 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Come on, even You had to laugh a Little typing That! Lol

At that moment I was not laughing but after reading your comment I fully realized what I typed and than I smiled and shook my head

Ofcourse I was only referring to current sales. But, point taken

#12073 3 years ago

I am the last one who will say all delivered TBLs have been flawless but don’t recognize my own experiences in this story at all and numerous reports have been issued who also state otherwise.

And yes, there have been issues. Just like my friend had with all his three sterns NIB. But not to the degree being report here.

#12074 3 years ago

So, checked DP side of story

When the TBL arrived at the customer it had a damaged carton box and the drop indicators were red) . So clearly the TBL had an issue during transport. However, he still accepted delivery, signed for it and here we are ......

You don’t get dents in siderails from strapping the backbox. This tbl clearly was dropped somewhere during transport.

And now screaming on pinside without telling that side of the story ?? What a dude....

#12087 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Gave up on DHL and went and grabbed it from the terminal. Looks like it made it safe and sound. Phew!
In the setup it asked me to cut the tie-wrap from the rug toy. Is that the two black rubbers at the outside of the rug. Looks more permanent.
[quoted image]

Don’t know which zip tie this refers to (would inspect the undersite of the playfield, guess it secures the motor?) but are NOT these two black rubbers !! They belong there.

For the rest, enjoy !!

#12088 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

New member here. Getting major airballs off the left ramp. Is that a game angle issue usually? I lowered the right flipper power to the lowest setting and it's still happening.

I have seen on a German forum somebody else having the same issue and he lowered the game angle and since than fine.

#12094 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

rensh are you involved with DP somehow? Just curious as you seem knowledgeable about DP related matters.

Envolved yes, on payroll No.

Am a friend of Barry and supported DP all these years, no secret there. Have helped many hours already in the production plant as a volunteer, especially during start-up. I bought TBL not because of theme but because of Barry. Supporting as a Dutchman a Dutch pinball factory felt also good.

#12100 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Are they actually still taking preorders for this?

You can get on a waiting list with CT with a deposit to CT. Full payment is only expected when delivery is due.

#12107 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Is there an attract mode on TBL with audio?

Don’t think so

#12108 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Know I asked this before.... could you please ask if DP has any plan to further the software on this game? Adding content specifically. Thanks

No worries here says a little bird

#12116 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I only know Rensh from here but he seems like the kind of man we all would want as a friend. His comments throughout this thread have been invaluable.
Rensh. Dinner and many beers my gift should we ever meet.

Wow. What can I say. You make me blush

Thanks !!!

#12117 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok so is that a yes or maybe or ask again later?

Its a clear Yes.

Can’t go into details, sorry, but let’s say that a little birdy told me something. And no, I am not testing a beta release currently.

Have faith in the Dude.

#12120 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

That's great Rensh as There is really no point playing the game when it's soooo shallow!. Yes its an amazing layout and a great shooter it's just nothing special because 0 depth.

Try to beat this score than

But I agree. Could use some more depth but that will come.

Talking about shallow code. Just bought a MB and there the rules are also not so deep but can still be fun. So 0 depth (which I don’t agree) doesn’t mean 0 pleasure.

942BC141-FFAC-49E2-8C69-DCF60AF3F087 (resized).jpeg942BC141-FFAC-49E2-8C69-DCF60AF3F087 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#12141 3 years ago

Not at home so can’t measure but dimensions are similar to BW WPC cabinet.

#12146 3 years ago

Also EA #57 is in this batch as well as a replacement of #52.

This replacement was needed since a forklift driver during the transport of original #52 decided the TBL was to nice and drove with his forks through the TBL making it a total loss The insurance took his time which is why it’s only now that a replacement is on its way.

#12157 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Still in need of the dimensions if anyone can lend a hand?
Also is there a way to output the audio via RCA like you can with Stern Spike 2 games and a PinSUB board?
Thanks!

The box incl pallet is 78x78x150 cm. Pallet has same size as box so without pallet only height decreases a little.

TBL itself same dimensions as nineties WMS.

There is a Pc inside, never checked what happens if you inserted a headphone. Will need to try it out.

#12160 3 years ago

Made some quick and dirty measurements for you. Hope they help

I expect the backbox of a TZ to be a little wider as JP. As TZ is a wide body this is also applicable for the cabinet. Depth should be roughly the same.

19B4EDA2-C1D5-45D4-B028-0939D2942C36 (resized).jpeg19B4EDA2-C1D5-45D4-B028-0939D2942C36 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#12190 3 years ago

Its 1 out of every 4 made at the moment. Guess this is called 3 : 1 ??

The intention is 1) to speed up production (now like 4 per 2 weeks) and 2) to increase the ratio.

In regard to 1), DP is taking steps to make this happen asap .

#12205 3 years ago

As you perhaps already have read in Pinball magazines newsletter Barry was 99.9% sure to sign the paperwork to a bigger factory this week.

This move is intended to be able to increase production volume. Current plant is just to small to boost production significantly (currently roughly 4 every 2 weeks).

Hopefully the transition to the new plant will be ready by end of the month. They will try to make this Happen without interrupting production to much but for sure there will be some down time as you can understand.

So let’s hope the moving goes fluently and that production will ASAP be increased.

#12209 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I thought the license for TBL expired at the end of this year. Have they already confirmed they can renew it?

For what’s it’s worth to you, DP has confirmed renewing to me. No worries there.

#12231 3 years ago

To lighten our moods. Posted on Instagram

BF9C5C1F-C33F-45D9-B154-FC6332510851 (resized).jpegBF9C5C1F-C33F-45D9-B154-FC6332510851 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#12236 3 years ago

Interview with Barry around 40 minutes mark

1 week later
#12280 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

No harm meant by pseudo voice - just that he does not work for DP and the message is not coming directly from DP.
FYI I will soon be back in the club with another new machine - helping those EAs out!

Welcome back than.

And in regard to the software, let me just say I know for sure its worked upon. And I am not offended if people want official news by the way. I have grown a thicker skin in several Pinside years after all

I have had enough other misery in 2019 to realize that this isn’t personal and at the end of the day, it’s just Pinball and an Internet forum . Allthough for me Pinball helped me to get out of a work burnout in 2019. The friends I made there and here made all the difference

I jus hope Barry will find the time soon for a NSN which is long overdue. Tracing parts, increasing production rate, finding a new DP HQ, etc takes his toll however .

#12283 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Hi Rensh,
Any update on game enhancements - mechanical?
Things like a better upper flipper bushing, better way to connect the car’s rod shaft to the servo, etc?
Also the new games shipping with enhancements?
Thx
Thanks for any insights here?

A NSN is expected by the end of the week which will answer some of your questions

#12296 3 years ago

I have no idea of the printing method used than. Can only confirm it are Mirco playfields. Think they have approx 300 pcs which were meant for the original first planned run.

Barry is aware of current issues with other manufacturers.

#12315 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

hmm, nothing yet. definitely past close of business over there so I am guessing we wont see anything this week...

If you think Barry only works during regular office hours you are very very mistaken.

I have seen already a proto of the NSN and once you have it you will know why it is taken some time.

#12335 3 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Hi proud owners of tbl, had a couple questions maybe someone knows what to do?
1. At least once in the game when I go bowling after I bowl the pinball doesn’t always eject up out of the vertical scoop on to the playfield (it needs to do ball search) is it the angle the pinball is at?
2. Can I increase the power of the far left lane kick out? Mine is weak.

1. Sounds like a switch is not registering eg it doesn’t know the ball is in the scoop. Check the switches in switch test when it is not ejecting the ball.
2. You can adjust it in adjustment -> solenoids setting.

#12342 3 years ago
Quoted from dr-fun:

Is rug still comes with the game

Yes

#12344 3 years ago

They are shipping out like 4 pcs every 2 weeks max. So yes people are getting them. But believe or not, not everyone is on Pinside ....

And even people who are on pinside don’t always post about receiving one

#12398 3 years ago

It has a tight fit but on every side I has some extra space, so it’s to wide so to speak.

These lockbar come from Mirco. DP is sourcing another supplier and o think already some samples are delivered to them which should be less wide

#12400 3 years ago

Oh, NSN has just been sent out

#12401 3 years ago

A picture was missing of the new DP hq and I added another one from my personal collection to give you an idea of the inside

65E42680-A9DD-4F08-888E-7FE17BC19393 (resized).jpeg65E42680-A9DD-4F08-888E-7FE17BC19393 (resized).jpeg6B86F3EB-6AF3-405B-86DD-97796A1FC80A (resized).jpeg6B86F3EB-6AF3-405B-86DD-97796A1FC80A (resized).jpeg
#12406 3 years ago

Sourcing is a challenge nowadays.

And now something is added. A 25% price increase on parts made in the US

Than this sentence

The new building is about five times the size of our current building and offers the opportunity to expand production.

In my book It clearly states the bigger building is needed for expand production. And than ofcourse even more parts are needed.

But let’s not get into a battle on Symantec’s. See how much positive news this letter brings:

Improvements in build
Bigger building to enable production increasement.
Higher percentage EA expected to be built
Koen back to give a boost on software which everybody asks for.

Is there more to wish ?

#12419 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Are they still making games during the move or did my 4-6weeks but really 11-15 weeks just become 20 weeks?

Production is still up and running. It’s expected that the production will only be halted for like a week or so. Let’s just hope nothing unforeseen happens.

1 week later
#12450 3 years ago

Was over at DP to help on the move.

Progress is made and they hope to switch over this weekend. Than setting it up properly I guess will be another week.

This week they are also busy at the old location in finishing up 8 pcs. Picture attached. I think already more than halve if the inventory is moved.

Half personal is finishing up these 8 TBLs and other half is occupied with the move.

New facility is a LOT bigger than the old one so leaves definitely room for more people hence increase in numbers.

631B38C8-7235-48F9-A396-80B6E36F353F (resized).jpeg631B38C8-7235-48F9-A396-80B6E36F353F (resized).jpeg97995F83-DFC5-48D5-8621-382BA0C5F98B (resized).jpeg97995F83-DFC5-48D5-8621-382BA0C5F98B (resized).jpegE1A5D1A3-44E2-4C6F-AE14-1DE22D59405F (resized).jpegE1A5D1A3-44E2-4C6F-AE14-1DE22D59405F (resized).jpeg
#12453 3 years ago

Based on the aprons I saw at least 1 EA and I think also one was boxed up.

Don’t know which number it was, sorry.

#12464 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I also preordered in January and paid in full on Sept 1. My game was supposed to ship this week, but some of the machines arrived
damaged, so I won’t be getting one. “A few more weeks”. You’re probably right behind me on the list.

Saw pictures of the damaged TBLs when I was at DP earlier this week.

Apparently the truck carrying two TBLs was envolved in a car accident and looking at the pictures the truck went on his side and the TBLs thus also and the TBLs made a slide of a lot of meters on their side over the road. The side of a TBL I saw had the cartonbox ripped off and decals worn of way into the bare wood. Glass shattered.

Both TBLs are total loss. Horrible sight. But what can DP do? It’s a major freight company and packaging is fine, not much different as Sterns I unpacked. If a truck decides to continu the journey on its side or a forklift decided to penetrate the Tbl with the forks?

But this is a real bummer indeed.

#12470 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Man it’s always something. Now a car crash? The excuses are endless.
Happy thanksgiving preorder club.

Are you implying here this accident didn’t happen and it’s fake news?

#12478 3 years ago

So, spent the day helping DP with the move. Setting up racks with a good friend the whole day.

Estimate that coming week will be used to put everything on The right spot and filling up the racks with parts. The week after regular production should start up again. So downtime limited to 1-2 weeks.

Dec 1 first new employee will start also.

So let’s all hope for an increasing production rate

1479492E-2163-487A-BEF7-B0A44B9A2412 (resized).jpeg1479492E-2163-487A-BEF7-B0A44B9A2412 (resized).jpeg5A24FF05-B621-4343-941B-34E3F664F8FB (resized).jpeg5A24FF05-B621-4343-941B-34E3F664F8FB (resized).jpegDFF1354A-A4BC-4DC7-90C7-7BA135849A65 (resized).jpegDFF1354A-A4BC-4DC7-90C7-7BA135849A65 (resized).jpegFFFA3219-A18E-4A5A-AFE1-7754D58247B2 (resized).jpegFFFA3219-A18E-4A5A-AFE1-7754D58247B2 (resized).jpeg
#12492 3 years ago

Is it just me or does TBL look like it has a butter cabinet? The cabinet is beautiful!

Its decals but very nicely made indeed

#12493 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Has Dutch done a new run of cabinets and playfields yet or are they still working off the stock they got back from ARA?

The ARA cabinets are already long gone and newest made are used. But, same Dutch supplier as ARA used.

Playfield itself (the wood) is still old stock. Many of the parts used on it however are newely made.

#12497 3 years ago

I have talked already earlier with Barry and made him aware of all the issues with Micro at JJP. Barry is just to busy with production to be able to follow all threads on this on pinside. This as there will come a day he will need to order new playfields.

Hope that Mirco by that time has solved his issues or a reliable other vendor will be available.

#12505 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneeno:

TECH Question: Fired up my TBL DP-01-00336 and my coin door lights, start button, fire button, coin door acknowledgement button, flippers and possibly more aren't lighting or functioning. Pushed in connectors to board inside the coin door with no luck. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Mike

Is it just the lights in the coindoor that aren’t working or is the complete Tbl Dead?

Does the Tbl boot?

#12508 3 years ago

There is a central hub board close to the coindoor. Everything OK there ?

Further more best to report this kind of issues in the maintenance thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/7#post-5987250

#12509 3 years ago

Did some checking. Sounds like 12V is missing. Check if the fuse for 12V is OK

2C3BF342-6A94-4966-99E8-FD888C543F3B (resized).jpeg2C3BF342-6A94-4966-99E8-FD888C543F3B (resized).jpeg
#12523 3 years ago

Fellow dudes, relax.

It has already been told that programmer Koen is back employed with DP. Now this is part time and from 1-1-2021 this will be fulltime. So code TBL will get full attention and code updates in the near future are to be expected.

Getting Koen back shows that DP is serious in this and that they put their money where their mouth is. You are not paying somebody a salary for doing nothing after all.

Really puzzled why this missing extra ball gets so much attention. Just put the TBL on a ball extra if you really want a ball extra in gameplay.

Give it some time.

#12539 3 years ago

They are airfreighted in batches like 4 pcs a time or less if a game goes into Europe. No containers envolved.

First plan is to go to 5 pcs per week in the near future, 10 pcs a week would be great but that will be more a farther future.

1 week later
#12564 3 years ago

Officially it’s a newsletter meant to keep EA’s up-to-date. This is not a newsletter you can subscribe to via a website.

You ofcourse can always ask Barry to be put on the list but as mentioned earlier, no worries you will miss it. It’s always posted on here, by me or somebody else.

1 week later
#12568 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Really looking forward to seeing machines go out again, between the move to a new facility and the holidays I feel like it's been about a month or more with no forward progress. Hoping to start seeing 5+ more games per week start rolling off of DP's assembly line soon!

No worries. Progress has been made.

But if I have learned one thing is that not a lot of TBL buyers are on pinside .... see so little unboxing posts where I know TBLs have left the factory .

#12570 3 years ago

Really surprising. How do people find out about TBL without pinside?

Serious? You think without pinside there would be no pinball? Believe it or not, there is world outside of pinside

Another option could be ofcourse the new owners don’t care to post on pinside. I know plenty of people who don’t post their new purchase (stern, JJP, DP,..) on pinside. More don’t than do.

#12582 3 years ago

This picture was made two saturdays ago.

You can see 3 pcs boxed up and I think they were finishing up other 2 pcs. Don’t know if these are supposed to be part of melissa’s 10 pcs?? I have always thought they were shipped direct DP - Enduser. But could be this has changed, never asked.

AA118CB0-3E9A-4B05-A2B4-81C4D0EC4F68 (resized).jpegAA118CB0-3E9A-4B05-A2B4-81C4D0EC4F68 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#12624 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

On those improvements .....I did not think all are being applied yet to the new machines?
Did they all get applied to your machine?
Does anyone know timing - rensh ?

I think most are already now on the pin.

I do know however that the first standup targets against airballs were unfortunately rejected but improved version proto was there mid dec 2020 and I took some for testing Home which went fine. I know final version is ordered at least but don’t know if already delivered. Don’t expect this will take long.

Don’t know about the boobie caps and improved ball launcher. Rest is for sure implemented I think.

#12650 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Looks like JustEverett had some issues as well.
JustEverett
Wichita Pinball (WPC)
US Wichita, KS
3y102K841857
It took me a long time to track down a TBL, and it was worth the wait. I spent an evening at a friends playing and probably only was able to play 5-6 full games. There were lots of issues with the build quality from Dutch: lots of code issues that led to lockups when we were trying to play 4 player games, a flipper coil fell off during one of my games, and the weirdest one was a friend causing a full reboot of the game with just a little bit of static electricity charge.

Pitty you only post half the review and leave the good part out. Wonder why??

Complete post reads as follows and gives a total perspective of Just experience.

It took me a long time to track down a TBL, and it was worth the wait. I spent an evening at a friends playing and probably only was able to play 5-6 full games. There were lots of issues with the build quality from Dutch: lots of code issues that led to lockups when we were trying to play 4 player games, a flipper coil fell off during one of my games, and the weirdest one was a friend causing a full reboot of the game with just a little bit of static electricity charge.

With all the bad out of the way, I can go on to the good. For me, this a grail theme, and I think with time and coding updates this could be a really great game. Dutch was very very ambitious with this project, and it shows. The upper pf is a lot of fun and the main pf has a ton going on. Whoever did the covers of the music tracks did a really nice job of making them sound like the originals. The lightshow on the Nihilist mode is great and the music for the mode fits really well. I had a lot of fun playing the game despite the persistent issues. I'm sure if I spent more time, the lack of code would start to bother me, but didn't in this first session. I'm looking forward to playing TBL again in the future, and seeing what Dutch can do with the code.

#12661 3 years ago

I dont know what a particleboard is but i can say that the build quality of the cabinet is for sure not an issue. It can withstand the comparison with a B/W cabinet any time of the day. I find especially the sides of the cabinet even much better. It has a hard cover and not easily scratched if the playfield goes up down.

But enjoy the Alien. Great theme also and cheaper which could be a valid reason for changing ships. But thinking the build quality of an UNPROVEN manufacturer for less money will be better ......

Hoping Pinball brothers with their subcontractor will not go same way as DP with ARA. Building pinballs is hard. But with Alien, like tbl nowadays, your money should be safe with CT. Big good difference compared to the start of DP in 2014.

#12663 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Hey thanks Rensh, we all appreciate you keeping us up to date on everything. Your a great asset to Dutch, hope they know that. And yes, definitely rolling the dice with Alien and PB, but I learned a great trick from the TBL reviews, pay with a credit card and your a$$ is covered;D

If you don’t trust your distributor to take care of you I guess that’s a wise decision. If you also think that this review is the complete story think again pls.

#12671 3 years ago

When I was in the factory like 4 weeks ago I saw 1,2,3,7,9,10 on new pins. I didn’t really pay attention to the new items so don’t know about the other items.

In regard to the targets. The parking and Russian targets where mounted in a single frame so new to. It are the single targets which had proto targets rejected and new ones designed. I tested them already as mentioned earlier and they are ordered and perhaps even already delivered.

#12673 3 years ago

Checked with DP and all improvements should be present in current builts

#12677 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Just curious how they moved the stepper motor up to the mini playfield.
The old design made removing a pain based on the compression fittings.
Any pictures - must be a mini stepper now.

Same stepper motor direct mounted under the MPF. The axis is a short one direct mounted to the axisdoor. The PCB with the leds had a redesign to make room for the motor.

Have seen it but forgot to take a picture, sorry.

#12678 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

How do you remove the upper playfield? to tighten my car, I removed the backpanel and all of the metal components on top of the upper playfield and then just spun the car down and could JUST BARELY get at the screw from underneath without removing the upper playfield.
I am still struggling with the parking targets (one of them vibrates when hits and awards 4-10 switch hits everytime its hit) but to replace it will require removing that playfield....

Removing the MPF is just a few screws which hold it in place BUT you need to disconnect also the axis of the door from the steppermotor and this is a PITA. Never done it honestly speaking but it takes some effort so to speak ...

Looking at your description I would think te adjusting the switch leafs this would do the job but guess you already tried that.

#12703 3 years ago

This mod Connector is used for the EA apron. And when the lit apron for non achievers comes available it will be needed to for that one.

#12710 3 years ago

The arrows in red point to ball control gates. This is a new improved by DP design over the original BW assemblies. Easier to assemble and less sensitive to the springs falling off.

In general DP made changes to the design to make it more robust and/or easier/faster to assemble and/or cheaper to make and/or delivery or quality issues with original supplier.

Barry told me last Saturday that he expects that no or just little changes in the future are to be expected. They tackled all ‘problems’ so far. But you never know and delivery issues in these weird Covid times are a reason to.

2AD6A054-5BA1-42A8-BFCA-57DF319CD717 (resized).jpeg2AD6A054-5BA1-42A8-BFCA-57DF319CD717 (resized).jpeg

#12712 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

With the car/door servo now moved up to mini playfield....does this now make removing it much easier since there is no compression fitting below the main playfield?

Correct. Have not tried it myself but hearing Barry talk about it it sounds like the mini playfield in a simpsons. It’s just some screws and removing the upper flipper.

2 weeks later
#12740 3 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello all. Just joined the club. Only issue ball not recognized once it hits the trough. Checked the opto's and wires and plugs and all looks good. Even notices the balls when dropped in on the switch test. Only played about 50 games.
Anyone have an issue like this come up. Thanks.

I have had this happen to me like 3-4 times in a year of ownership (all close to wacht other, think last time is over 6 months ago) and have seen it once also on another tbl. Did a switch test during gameplay at that moment and switches were seen. Only solution at that moment was to turn tbl off-on again.

I have reported this as an apparent softwarebug in my list to DP.

I am assuming it’s not constant with you. If so, I might be something else.

#12751 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Oh and someone needs to remind Dutch Pinball to put balls in the machine when they ship them... Mine came ball-less but Melissa is taking care of that promptly as well. Luckily this wasn't my first pin... LOL
Thanks,
Jeff

Consider it done

A dude without balls

#12781 3 years ago

The lighted EA apron from what I can tell will not even work on the earlier games as there is no plug-in for it on the main board under the playfield. I believe Barry is working on a non-EA lighted apron for earlier games that will be for sale at some point later on, I had heard cost will be around $795 for the kit.
If you haven’t seen one in person I can tell you that the lit EA apron is absolutely beautiful!

Don’t think this assumption is correct as long as you are not speaking over the 5 prototypes. The mod connector needed for this is also on the first production TBLs as far as I know.

The non-EA lighted apron is hardware wise ready andis meant as an option for all the non-EA units. Think just a matter of making kits and set price and release it. Matter of production capacity I guess.

#12782 3 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Link is dead. How much was it? I preordered in mid May and Melissa hasn’t shared any info when I’ve emailed. So I’m in no mans land. But I’ve got no issues with waiting, especially considering some of the others on here.

13.500 USD if I recall correctly.

#12793 3 years ago

Service issues would be preferred posted in

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/8#post-6119573

To keep it more centralized.

#12794 3 years ago

You would know better than me, I just recall looking underneath the playfield on an older Game and not seeing the port where the ribbon connector would plug-in, but my memory isn’t what it used to be.
Edit: This is why I don’t remember seeing it, here are pictures of new TBL and old Production TBL. I’ve circled the slot for the apron connection on both pictures, on the old Production TBL something else appears to be plugged into it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Checked with Barry today, besides the very first proto's this MOD connector has always been there. Use is however at own risk. Better to take 5 or 12VDC from the PSU in the backbox

2 weeks later
#12800 3 years ago

Picture of today

Clearly shows work in progress. Pace is picking up and the extra amount of people is slowly starting to pay off.

BC718B8A-7FA5-438B-8674-33F3B7DB605E (resized).jpegBC718B8A-7FA5-438B-8674-33F3B7DB605E (resized).jpeg
#12805 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Not doubting at all and like that there is a source for these pictures. But just had to laugh at "Clearly shows work in progress". It must be an invisible workforce! I know you meant that there are machines lined up in various stages of assembly.. But it just struck me funny.

We learned from Andrew Heighway how to make pictures of a work floor

At least it’s not invisible like Deep Root

In total 9 people are working fulltime with DP. This besides volunteers like me

1 week later
#12839 3 years ago

Visited DP yesterday. Shipment was leaving to CT. Guess yours was in it.

Quoted from Jack8765:

I paid in full 2/8 and was told it would ship in 2-3 weeks. So by yesterday. Not complaining or surprised. Just reporting.

0A9255BE-B52D-4A78-8A6C-1E675D72EE86 (resized).jpeg0A9255BE-B52D-4A78-8A6C-1E675D72EE86 (resized).jpeg0B89F4AF-7257-4AF0-85C2-EF1DDEFF3299 (resized).jpeg0B89F4AF-7257-4AF0-85C2-EF1DDEFF3299 (resized).jpeg
#12851 3 years ago

Just finished last week a how to write up on moving stepper motor from below main playfield to upper playfield.

Plan to do the same with the ball gates within a week. New ball gates are slightly faster and open wider. But I don’t see them as a must.

Reinforced lock targets are available foc excl shipping costs.

So, don’t worry to much about getting an old TBL.

1 week later
#12869 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Wouldn't worry about it. You have about two years to cover your tracks.

I see the humor and understand why you are saying it but if it really takes so long pls come and visit me in the mental hospital

#12874 3 years ago

A printed version of my proto manual for checking purposes .

Am very pleased with how it turned out. Now checking, adding pictures and call it a day that is, till the next release

09F51317-1293-4BEC-A16A-70261C83EFF2 (resized).jpeg09F51317-1293-4BEC-A16A-70261C83EFF2 (resized).jpeg16A57CA4-A733-4BC6-884D-EBA294EF719F (resized).jpeg16A57CA4-A733-4BC6-884D-EBA294EF719F (resized).jpeg8058394D-82E0-4CAB-BA2A-313CA07E54CF (resized).jpeg8058394D-82E0-4CAB-BA2A-313CA07E54CF (resized).jpeg
#12893 3 years ago

Sorry to read not everything is going as planned .

Pls sent report of the issues to [email protected]. This even if you fixed them. This than to improve if for the future. Thanks.

#12904 3 years ago

is it worth the money according to you?
Many guys say this game feels like a wpc95. does the code feels like wpc 95 or is it deeper?

Yes, it feels like a wpc95 when playing, toys are great, theme integration is fabulous.

Codewise I think it’s on par to better as many of the better wpc games. Coming code updates will bring it further is a good expectation. I don’t think however it will be like a Lyman sheat coded game.

#12906 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I appreciate the responses by colonel_caverne & rensh. I haven't been following this thread too closely. Are you guys directly affiliated with the production of TBL?

I am. Colonel not.

My opinion on pinside is however my personal opinion. I consider Lyman Sheat as a god of coding. Claiming that the second coded pin by DP (first pin is BoP2.0) would exceed Lyman would be a to bold claim. But Koen will give Lyman a run for his money

1 month later
#12973 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And why is it shipping with old code.

Come on, the new code was released just last weekend. Shipping takes longer time.

Is this question really worth asking?

1 month later
#13092 2 years ago

Production rate has gone up against the early days so deltime should have been decreased compared to one year ago.

Now DP just needs to get the parts in ….

#13095 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Is it concerning that during all of the time that orders are slowly being fulfilled and parts are hard to come by, that there hasn’t been any sort of code update? Seems like this would have been the perfect time for DP to sit down and really crank through that.

So you think software writing is so easy that a skilled line worker working with skilled hands can just start writing code??

Will tell Koen to sweat no longer and just pick a person from the assembly line

And new code was released like 6-8 weeks ago. After that Programmer became daddy and he took some well deserved daddy holiday. I have difficulties in believing it to but there are better things in life as pinball

But no worries, new code is work in progress and will be announced when ready.

And yes, I want a bunny mode to !! There is still plenty of great stuff left in the movie to do something with it.

1 week later
#13130 2 years ago

As I think most of you know Jaap Nauta, cofounder of DP, was diagnosed with terminal cancer I think like 2 yrs ago.

Thanks to experimental therapy he stayed among us longer as expected but yesterday evening he passed away .

He is already far over a year not active with DP so it has no influence in day to day business but he will be missed. Our thoughts are with his wife and family.

So we see again, there are more important things in live as pinball.

1 week later
#13144 2 years ago

TBls are still being delivered and unboxed and some of them have posted on pinside but believe intro not, not all buyers are pinsiders

But it’s a fact that production ratio is down due to supply issues. DP has taken sets to overcome this (securing special government funds-loans which are meant to buy stock which they did for a large number of TBLs) and hopes to start in normal rate again asap. Problem in current times is that when it comes to supply chain issues nothing is certain nowadays. To many times delivery promises are not kept, transport times are extended or quality of parts not as agreed …

DP has thus taken steps and now awaits deliveries after which production rate can go up again to 8-10 pcs per week.

2 weeks later
#13163 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Talked to Melissa Monday. She said DHL is picking games up this week... we shall see
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"2564b4db674ab2ec486916c4ca7f845e809c559e-1625849303-1800"};
//]]>

fingers crossed

This is correct. Saw a picture of them boxed up yesterday (Thursday). Don’t know pickup date but they were all set to go so dhl was welcome.

#13176 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

How much is that apron?

Eur 495 excl vat (if applicable) and shipping

#13178 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

If I want this included in my order and installed at the factory, so I tell cointaker or do I need to contact DP?
Thanks! I put my deposit down in November so shouldn't be too much longer I hope

I think best way is through CT. DP doesn’t know which serialno goes to whom.

1 week later
#13208 2 years ago

Hey folks anyone have a good contact at DP? I have emailed Barry Driessen and in the past he has been good about getting back to me... but went radio silent as I am trying to order the lit apron. Thank you for any help here

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

The same happened to me.
Maybe we should contact Cointaker and add the apron to our order?

Did you email to Barry or support? I see only the support mailbox. Problem is I don’t know which pinsider belongs to which mailadress

And pls be a little patient. South of Limburg where DP is located was completely flooded last weekend but DP factory and their private homes turned out to be safe in the end.

#13212 2 years ago

Just came off the phone with Barry

There is a backlog which he is slowly working through. He is only sending out invoices when your turn is more or less up eg he has your apron more or less ready.

At the moment he is awaiting the colored plastics.

To be cntd soon

1 week later
#13257 2 years ago

License is extended till end 2022 and even if orderbanks were to be closed backlog reaches (far) into 2022. TBL is in strong demand.

1 week later
#13265 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

This is awesome news! Really looking forward to getting mine.
Rensh - When can we expect production to ramp back up? How long is the holiday and I'm assuming you are also waiting to ensure you've resolved the PROC board issues.
Thanks!

For the current batch first the Proc issues need to be solved. Than I foresee for the near future still not up to full capacity. Supplier issues .

Is it not part A than it is part B or C

Each time you solve an issue you think now we can go full steam ahead and than another issue pops up. No, being a manufacturer in these days is a real challenge I can assure you.

But we are doing our best.

#13270 2 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

What’s DPs next game ?

My little pony

#13273 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Is there any information on how many have been ordered or how many would be made? Is it just that they will make as many as they can until the license runs out?

As many as they can, not a limited version.

And yes, ofcourse it will stop one day when a new model, my little pony, starts production. Or they go from 1 to 2 lines.

And I can understand that after producing TBL for a longer time a new challenge for the mind would be refreshing. And who doesn’t want a My little Pony after all ??

#13281 2 years ago

It is true that by far the number of EAs hasn’t be reached as hoped for months ago when the 3 to 1 ratio was announced.

Quite frustrating that everything finally is in place, funds for parts, trained personnel, space and that just shortage on part supplies is just killing the production . Can’t imagine how a juggernaut like stern must be suffering.

Anyway, pleased to let you guys know that another two EA are ready, 66 and 68. Owners have been informed and needless to say they are happy dudes .

464EF75B-4D0C-44DB-AF64-DD96ECA6A04B (resized).jpeg464EF75B-4D0C-44DB-AF64-DD96ECA6A04B (resized).jpeg

#13285 2 years ago

Units are shipped and in fact a shipment is on its way to CT.

Used is a different batch Proc, factory had also different issues with that batch Proc, but with 1 user for sure it isn’t the Proc as a replacement didn’t do the trick. We are working with him to see what it is. With a first user it was however solved with swapping Proc. So score is 1-1

Soulrider is doing the swap this weekend and than we will know more.

For those having the ticking issue, remove the connector on the Ps in the backbox in the red circle on attached picture. This will disable the safety circuit. Pls note : if you than open the coindoor the 12 and 48V will stay on the playfield. Be careful !! This is temp solution only.

D774AAA9-2F33-41FE-A446-C36407F5542F (resized).jpegD774AAA9-2F33-41FE-A446-C36407F5542F (resized).jpeg
#13302 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Why did they Skip #67???
And when is the long awaited 69 Dude???

Not all numbers are taken anymore. Remember when Phil did the refund? Not everybody re-entered so there are gaps.

69 is next. That’s one serial number I would like to have

#13312 2 years ago

I just read his email at breakfast telling that Proc didn’t solve it unfortunately with his findings.

Will have to study it first, forwarded it to the people in the factory to be able to decide next step.

Did you check the doc I sent you? If yes, your findings per mail pls.

#13316 2 years ago

So, first want to thank Rensh for being so helpful in this process. My game still has no 48v to the playfield but the clicking is gone. I have tried a replacement PROC, and in my case, the issues persist.
However, I did discover something last night and I have a suspicion has damaged something else in my game (my fault) resulting in the 48v not working.
I had installed the lit apron (this was in a state when my game was having the clicking issue). In the process of running the ribbon cable and zip ties to secure it, I removed a few connectors one of which being the kickback DR05 coil connector. Well... I had installed the connector backward (:. I remember after installing the apron and turning the game on I did some coil tests, and that is when the whole 48v went bye-bye. The connector is now oriented correctly but the situation did not improve as a reslut. SO I am thinking it caused some damage somewhere... resistor, circuit etc..?
[quoted image]

Did you check the fuses?

#13318 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Did you check the fuses?

No answer from you yet but I checked and reversing the connector shouldn’t have caused a problem.

Pls also try to keep technical issue restricted to the Maintenance thread. Posting in several threads makes it to difficult for me to keep track, sorry.

#13322 2 years ago
Quoted from jukeboxtim:

Rensh Soulrider and Jukeboxtim we both want to know if there is a certain place we need to go to register our games or are they already registered with DP since we have brought to your attention the clicking issues. Also where in the menu do you go to find the error codes.Thanks Tim

Your serialnumber and name are connected already by me so don’t think it’s required anymore (I don’t do the registration part)

Than the error codes? Which one do you mean? In the beta 056 manual there is a description in the error report of this is what you are looking for. See https://www.dropbox.com/s/81dv566sc5dbdyh/Operations%20Manual%20TBL%20versie%20056%20-%20beta.pdf?dl=0

#13330 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

We have already tried adjusting strength in menu. Still weak on right side, when applied pressure or when catching ball it drops

Sounds like the hold isn’t working. It the setting on Strong?

C92A2A23-5709-4990-913A-2B93B9B550C0 (resized).jpegC92A2A23-5709-4990-913A-2B93B9B550C0 (resized).jpeg
#13335 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Hey Rensh
Yes flippers set on strong hold,
30ms and tested 20ms on flippers.
Right is dropping when putting a bit of pressure. Would even say in gameplay its unplayable on the right side.
Left work most of the time but sometimes also goes a bit weak but thats fine.
But right is beyong working so to speak. Tried all from pinside.
Thanks beforehand

Could be a broken wire on or to the coil perhaps. Can you swap the left and right connectors on the pcb? So left button operates right flipper and vice versa? If the problem moves check wiring on continuity.

And pls try to keep technical issues restricted to this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/15#post-6455138

#13338 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What did you find?

You clearly see that the wires are not crimped properly on one flipper. See description on PCB versus the colors of the wires.

His first statement that they were made same left right was a wrong one, human mistake.

#13350 2 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

My 4th NIB. And the first one that was basically plug and play (besides one light being out on the apron). Haven’t spent too much time with it; of course still a chance I’ll find some minor tweaks required. But considering this came from overseas (and I wasn’t sure what to expect from Dutch build quality/QC) I’m more than pleasantly surprised.
night and day difference from say WOZ, where I was disassembling the upper playfield to fix a castle door on Day 1.

In regard to the led, pls sent mail to [email protected] mentioning your full adress and TBL serialnumber.

We will take it from there. Most likely a new pcb and flatcable will be shipped out.

1 week later
#13377 2 years ago
Quoted from mjf415:

Hey everyone. New guy to the forum so forgive my stupid question. I put my deposit down last November. Supposedly my TBL should arrive in roughly 2 months. This will be my first pin and I'm super excited. I spent way too much time playing mediocre games in 7-11s in northern california as a kid, so having my own is something of a dream. Junkhauler, thank you for the pics. They did have me wondering how I should plan to move the pin down a flight of stairs into my finished basement. It's heavy obviously; how many guys should I have to help carry it down a flight of stairs? Thank you all any advice or suggestions.

There are not stupid questions, only stupid people asking no questions.

It’s a minimum of 2 for sure. Most of the times more people are just blocking the way but it al depends on the stairs. You could also consider to take the head off. Are only a few cables running to the head. It will make it lighter plus easier to handle.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 210.00
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 22.50
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

15,000 (OBO)
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

604 posts in this topic match your search for posts by rensh. You are on page 2 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rensh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/2?tu=rensh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.