(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 306.
#14601 1 year ago

Planning on putting money down for a deposit with cointaker next week. They're quoting a year. What's the reality these days?

#14602 1 year ago

I was quoted 9 months when I ordered which wasn’t correct. Average 14-17 months.
I ordered before the 1.0 code release. I bet they sold a ton after that.

#14603 1 year ago
Quoted from Heisfranzkafka:

Planning on putting money down for a deposit with cointaker next week. They're quoting a year. What's the reality these days?

12-15 months, easy. I'd be shocked if you saw it within a year, and the 3-4 month wait after you pay, is even more brutal.

That being said, before Foo LE, it was by far my favorite game, so I say take the plunge! Deposit and forget it for a while.

#14604 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

12-15 months, easy. I'd be shocked if you saw it within a year, and the 3-4 month wait after you pay, is even more brutal.
That being said, before Foo LE, it was by far my favorite game, so I say take the plunge! Deposit and forget it for a while.

Thanks for the info. I'm fine with waiting it out. Who knows, maybe they'll expand their facilities and staff and start churning games out more quickly.

#14605 1 year ago

Thanks for the info. I'm fine with waiting it out. Who knows, maybe they'll expand their facilities and staff and start churning games out more quickly.

They actually did that about a year ago. Unfortunately it didn't seem to change the US delivery schedule...

#14606 1 year ago

Anyone been invoiced lately? About 11m out, figuring I oughta hear something soon

#14607 1 year ago

I'm about 15 months since deposit and 2 months since invoice/payment. According to cointaker, I was 2 weeks out from ship notice a bit over a week ago.

#14608 1 year ago

My buddies at Ocelot brewing (Dulles, VA) are selling their location Lebowski. Reach out to PinBackpacker or knockerlover for deets. Will be in the 11K range I think.

#14609 1 year ago

I'm 12 months since deposit so hoping for invoice soon.

#14610 12 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Anyone been invoiced lately? About 11m out, figuring I oughta hear something soon

I am too 11 months out from order, have not been invoiced yet. I called & emailed, they said they would look up and get back to me later in the day. Sounds like they are very busy / heading out on travel. I did not hear from them. I do not expect to hear anything for awhile...

#14611 12 months ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

Sounds like they are very busy / heading out on travel. I

Yeah, pinfest in Allentown is next week. They will be there and so will I. I will ask again in person where in the queue I am.

#14612 12 months ago

Whelp, I put down my deposit today. Guess I'll settle in for the long wait.

#14613 12 months ago

It’s crazy to think that this machine has been in production for so many years and still takes well over a year to get one NIB. 15 months is accurate.
Don’t bother attempting to obtain remotely accurate info about where you are in the deposit line or where your machine is at after paying in full. You might stress yourself out, lose respect for THE distributor, contemplate getting a refund after being fed BS week after week.

#14614 12 months ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

It’s crazy to think that this machine has been in production for so many years and still takes well over a year to get one NIB. 15 months is accurate.
Don’t bother attempting to obtain remotely accurate info about where you are in the deposit line or where your machine is at after paying in full. You might stress yourself out, lose respect for THE distributor, contemplate getting a refund after being fed BS week after week.

Id also only use other's timelines here as a general guideline. The delivery system and order do not match order timelines and experience differs based on unknown factors. Would be interesting to see the data from posts here and how it matches up.

#14615 12 months ago
Quoted from Badfished:

Id also only use other's timelines here as a general guideline. The delivery system and order do not match order timelines and experience differs based on unknown factors. Would be interesting to see the data from posts here and how it matches up.

A lot of it depends on manufacturing and shipping cycles. They're not shipping these pins individually from Dutch, even if they're air freight (don't quote me on this, I know they were using air freight before). So if you figure they only ship a batch once a certain number has been reached, and Dutch are manufacturing/fulfilling orders as they're received, then it's possible shipments to the States or other areas could get delayed while they wait to hit a threshold of machines to ship. If they're shipping via sea freight, then all bets are off because if you know anyone doing import business, you know that containers are hitting ports and sometimes sitting for weeks until the last mile service can pick up and deliver to their destination, in this case Cointaker.

In any case, my experience was like this:

Initial Deposit: 9/9/2021
Final Invoice Paid: 8/26/2022
Received: 10/11/2022

I possibly could have received mine earlier but I was having trouble with my email domain after migrating from Google and didn't receive the Invoice request from QuickBooks--they had sent the initial invoice back in early July.

#14616 12 months ago

Now that I am getting closer, it's harder to not get excited. I kind of forgot about it for better part of the year but now I'm amped!

#14617 12 months ago

Ordered 10/13/2021
Invoiced 04/15/2023
Shipped 04/27/2023

Look forward to finally having it. Oh Canada!

#14618 12 months ago
Quoted from Dodgey:

Ordered 10/13/2021
Invoiced 04/15/2023
Shipped 04/27/2023

Wishing you the best - a 12 day cycle between paid invoice and delivery would be a record. I'm sitting at 3+ months after fully paying and still hearing nothing but "it's coming soon" from the distributor. Super frustrating.

#14619 12 months ago
Quoted from Dodgey:

Ordered 10/13/2021
Invoiced 04/15/2023
Shipped 04/27/2023

If you're in Canada, did you go through nitro?

#14620 12 months ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Im not far from him and they're my only option so I expect thats the case for him as well.

#14621 12 months ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Yes it was Nitro

#14622 12 months ago

The other awkward part of the 15 month waiting period is how it fuels 2nd hand markup. Apparently not having to wait over a year is worth paying $2k+ over MSRP for a used one. That’s reassuring to a certain extent in that it would be almost impossible to lose money on this title.

Would be very interesting to see what used prices would drop to if these machines were in stock at any given moment. Just so we’re on the same page $13,600 to my door with the lit starry apron. Have they raised the price again since then??

#14623 12 months ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

The other awkward part of the 15 month waiting period is how it fuels 2nd hand markup. Apparently not having to wait over a year is worth paying $2k+ over MSRP for a used one. That’s reassuring to a certain extent in that it would be almost impossible to lose money on this title.
Would be very interesting to see what used prices would drop to if these machines were in stock at any given moment. Just so we’re on the same page $13,600 to my door with the lit starry apron. Have they raised the price again since then??

I just put down a deposit last week. My cost is $13,500 before PA tax ($14,310 after tax), no starry apron. That would be an extra $600. I'm gonna save $250 by driving to cointaker to pick it up myself.

#14624 11 months ago
Quoted from Badfished:

I'm about 15 months since deposit and 2 months since invoice/payment. According to cointaker, I was 2 weeks out from ship notice a bit over a week ago.

This is really encouraging since I am at almost the same timelines.

#14625 11 months ago
Quoted from sawyerfamilyaz:

This is really encouraging since I am at almost the same timelines.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14626 11 months ago

I am happy to inform you that decision has been made, I am gonna visit Chicago Expo in October

Really looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible in person. After so many years of Pinside good to be able to shake hands

Have already booked the hotel but not the flight yet.

Just planning the trip now. Minimum is flying in Wednesday, out Sunday. Any suggestion what to do more in-around Chicago? Visited Expo once in 2014 and as I recall there is not so much to do pinball wise (besides Logans arcade).

Will not come alone, some friends have plans as well as Barry Driessen.

Any tips are more than welcome. As flight is not booked yet some flexibility is there.

See you in October

#14627 11 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I am happy to inform you that decision has been made, I am gonna visit Chicago Expo in October
Really looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible in person. After so many years of Pinside good to be able to shake hands
Have already booked the hotel but not the flight yet.
Just planning the trip now. Minimum is flying in Wednesday, out Sunday. Any suggestion what to do more in-around Chicago? Visited Expo once in 2014 and as I recall there is not so much to do pinball wise (besides Logans arcade).
Will not come alone, some friends have plans as well as Barry Driessen.
Any tips are more than welcome. As flight is not booked yet some flexibility is there.
See you in October

So glad to hear this! I am going to be at Expo this year, too (my first time), so I'm naturally excited as well.

I would very strongly recommend the Art Institute of Chicago while visiting, if you are into that; many priceless works of art.

Hopefully I'll have my TBL by then; it'll be great to see all of you!

#14628 11 months ago

I placed a deposit with CT in September. I have since purchased one. I am not looking to make any profit on the deposit but would just want my $1k back if anyone is interested and save yourself a little time on the wait.

#14629 11 months ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I placed a deposit with CT in September. I have since purchased one. I am not looking to make any profit on the deposit but would just want my $1k back if anyone is interested and save yourself a little time on the wait.

I wonder if I can buy your spot and put my deposit from last week towards the final invoiced amount for yours. Sending a PM.

#14630 11 months ago

I just put down a deposit last week. My cost is $13,500 before PA tax ($14,310 after tax), no starry apron. That would be an extra $600. I'm gonna save $250 by driving to cointaker to pick it up myself.

I would re-consider the starry apron unless you just don't like it. Really ties the pin together.

#14631 11 months ago

Pls be informed that a live Facebook video is planned coming Thursday 11th may approx 1500h European time on the DP Facebook channel. It will be your around the factory showing how tbl is being made.

https://www.facebook.com/dutchpinball

So, mark it in your calendars if of interest to you. And you can always replay it afterwards.

Till Thursday !!

#14632 11 months ago

Question - are we seeing any new deliveries lately? Spoke to Melissa of Cointaker at Pinfest this week. Paid my invoice 110 days ago and still being told “it should be on the dock soon.” Friday I was told me Dutch had a missing part and hasn’t been shipping, but the part “just came in” and they should be shipping soon.

With all respect, I’ve grown tired of the excuses and the lack of basic communication from a company holding $13K of my money.

So, my question is Rensh (or anyone) is any of this true? Are deliveries happening or are you shut down based on parts issues?

#14633 11 months ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Question - are we seeing any new deliveries lately? Spoke to Melissa of Cointaker at Pinfest this week. Paid my invoice 110 days ago and still being told “it should be on the dock soon.” Friday I was told me Dutch had a missing part and hasn’t been shipping, but the part “just came in” and they should be shipping soon.
With all respect, I’ve grown tired of the excuses and the lack of basic communication from a company holding $13K of my money.
So, my question is Rensh (or anyone) is any of this true? Are deliveries happening or are you shut down based on parts issues?

Well, I was going to keep my mouth shut on this issue, but I feel compelled to comment after your post.

I paid my invoice back in December; the invoice said delivery in 6-8 weeks, which would have put it in February. After not hearing anything, at the beginning of March I wrote to Melissa and was told it was imminent, probably by the end of the week. Now comes the end of March, and still nothing, so I wrote back and was told it would be shipping the following week; they had just gotten back from TPF and were still "digging out", so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Middle April, and I was now scheduled to go on vacation, so I thought I should call. This time I was told it was stuck on the dock due to customs, and they don't usually take this long to clear, etc. I mentioned that I would be away for a few days, as I didn't want to have a machine scheduled for delivery with no one around to receive it. I guess I shouldn't have had to worry about that...

So I get back the following week and touch base again; did it clear yet? Now I'm told first week of May, fully knowing that Pinfest was taking place at the end of that week, with another built-in excuse.

You know, I honestly wouldn't mind the wait so much, and I really do not wish to disparage CT, but just don't tell me constantly "It's coming any time" and stringing us along, raising hopes and checking emails constantly every time my notifications go off.

I think someone earlier mentioned "blue balls"; well, I think it is an apt description.

#14634 11 months ago

I think I’m just going to push my expectations back by 6 months.

There’s no excuse for such poor communication. Especially when they’re happy to process and hold money. It’s not like CT is a new business trying to figure it out.

Too bad there’s no competition for TBL distribution in NA.

#14635 11 months ago

Just a post to remind you all that it’s tomorrow that a live Facebook video is planned approx 1500hr mainland European time on the DP Facebook channel.

It will be your around the factory showing how tbl is being made. And, questions will be answered as good as possible

https://www.facebook.com/dutchpinball

So, mark it in your calendars if of interest to you. And you can always replay it afterwards.
Till tomorrow !!

#14636 11 months ago

7am mst. As someone with a deposit down I look forward to this. Thanks.

#14637 11 months ago

Just joined the next wait list:

Ordered: 5/27/22
Invoiced/Paid: 5/9/23
Shipped: ??
Received: ??

The Invoice says "GAME WILL GO INTO PRODUCTION UPON RECEIPT OF PAYMENT, WILL SHIP WITHIN 90-120 DAYS.

When I asked Melissa, she said it is likely in the 60 day range but due to shipping, damage issues, and parts issues have led them to says 90-120.

#14638 11 months ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

When I asked Melissa, she said it is likely in the 60 day range but due to shipping, damage issues, and parts issues have led them to says 90-120.

For your sake I hope you are right. When I paid back in December, the invoice said 6-8 weeks. It's now May, and still waiting...

#14639 11 months ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

The Invoice says "GAME WILL GO INTO PRODUCTION UPON RECEIPT OF PAYMENT, WILL SHIP WITHIN 90-120 DAYS.

Just curious, why you didn’t order from nitro, if your in Seattle?

#14640 11 months ago

When paying the invoice are you able to pay with a credit card? Hoping to get some travel miles out of this.

#14641 11 months ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Just curious, why you didn’t order from nitro, if your in Seattle?

1) At the time, I did not know Nitro was a distributor for DP for WA and OR (or maybe they were not yet a distributor?)
2) I previously tried to buy a machine from Nitro and was not impressed with their effort.

#14642 11 months ago

When paying the invoice are you able to pay with a credit card? Hoping to get some travel miles out of this.

CT will take a credit card but adds on 3% for fees..

#14643 11 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

For your sake I hope you are right. When I paid back in December, the invoice said 6-8 weeks. It's now May, and still waiting...

I know - I read your posts and am worried. But also gives me time to sell a pin to make space. Waited a year, it's summer in the PNW, waiting wont kill me... but feel your pain...

#14644 11 months ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

CT will take a credit card but adds on 3% for fees..

Oof. Still might be worth it if I open a travel card with a decent sign up bonus...assuming the credit limit is high enough of course.

#14645 11 months ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

1) At the time, I did not know Nitro was a distributor for DP for WA and OR (or maybe they were not yet a distributor?)
2) I previously tried to buy a machine from Nitro and was not impressed with their effort.

1. We've been a distro for Dutch since they first announced the game in Chicago.
2. Sorry to hear. I'd be interested in what the issue was. Always happy to help.

Feel free to contact me anytime [email protected]

#14646 11 months ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

Sadly, based on experience, I'd suggest lowering your expectations - it's safer that way.

#14647 11 months ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

1. We've been a distro for Dutch since they first announced the game in Chicago.
2. Sorry to hear. I'd be interested in what the issue was. Always happy to help.
Feel free to contact me anytime [email protected]

https://www.dutchpinball.com/distributors is a little misleading IMO. I ordered through Cointaker as well, thinking they were the only distributor available to me. I learned way too late I had options! I'm guessing you may have missed at least a few other sales from this.

#14648 11 months ago
Quoted from khzevo:

https://www.dutchpinball.com/distributors is a little misleading IMO. I ordered through Cointaker as well, thinking they were the only distributor available to me. I learned way too late I had options! I'm guessing you may have missed at least a few other sales from this.

Agreed, that's why I probably did not think of ordering from Nitro. If I could have gotten it faster, I probably would have ordered from Nitro.

#14649 11 months ago

I also found the Nitro website unclear when I was trying to order last year. Probably would have taken my chances with the Canada + West Coast queue.

#14650 11 months ago

Same here. Now I regret going with CT, but I am 8 months in...

How long is the Nitro queue, roughly?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/293 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.