(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,280 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Cojua88
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 292 of 306.
#14551 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I'd be interested in knowing the time frame, when you get them. I wanted those plexi art blades for TBL myself, but wanted to get a feel for the expected time.

I will let you know. He said he had a set available and said he mailed them out 2 days after I bought them. So I hope they come quickly but I think a lot depends on if he has them in stock.

#14552 1 year ago
Quoted from marksf123:

They seem to have some nice stuff. I am waiting for my plexiglass art blades from them.

Can you share the link?
Also what was the landed cost (including shipping)?

#14553 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can you share the link?
Also what was the landed cost (including shipping)?

That is the (partial) rub. Facebook only right now, just gotta look for Custom Pinball

#14554 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

That is the (partial) rub. Facebook only right now, just gotta look for Custom Pinball

Quoted from Capn12:

How about an email? Facebook link??

#14556 1 year ago

I ordered from Custom pinball on Feb 26th a set of Lebowski, Toy Story, and Willy Wonka plexiglass art blades and a few custom mats . They haven't shipped yet but Johan said it was going to be a slight delay due to supplier on holiday. Hope I get them soon as they look really cool. Cost was 110 Euro's for each set of side blades and 50 Euro's shipping from France

#14557 1 year ago

Not seeing the Lebowski plexiglass art blades on their facebook page. Anyone got a pic? Everything else on their page looks awesome. I'd imagine they're very nice.

#14558 1 year ago
Quoted from Ngal8150:

Not seeing the Lebowski plexiglass art blades on their facebook page. Anyone got a pic? Everything else on their page looks awesome. I'd imagine they're very nice.

Yeah odd, they were on there, somewhere, it took me forever to find it before. Now, I can't find them. I was close to ordering them, but the awkwardness of a FB messenger only method of ordering, yeah.....I'll wait.

#14559 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Yeah odd, they were on there, somewhere, it took me forever to find it before. Now, I can't find them. I was close to ordering them, but the awkwardness of a FB messenger only method of ordering, yeah.....I'll wait.

He’s a good guy and deal with him a lot. Doing things technically not allowed to with art so doing it under radar. Can’t do a website.

#14560 1 year ago

#14561 1 year ago

It’s kind of shitty if cointaker is letting people jump the line.

#14562 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Not sure I follow your logic here. If Cointaker will allow him to take someone else’s spot, why wouldn’t he want to do that and cut down on his wait?

This is the primary reason I decided to enter an agreement with the person who originally placed the order. It honestly never occurred to me it could be construed as being rude or somehow unethical by ‘cutting in line’. However, in hindsight I can see that some might have that perception.

In speaking with Melissa, I got the impression that people backing out after placing deposits wasn’t that unusual. At any rate, the transaction is still pending while she redoes the invoicing. Another way to view it is the original buyer gets his deposit back from me, Cointaker proceeds with the sale, and I end up with a TBL. Eventually?

#14563 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

It’s kind of shitty if cointaker is letting people jump the line.

How is it jumping the line? If 10 people are ahead of me and one person sells their spot there is still 10 people ahead of me. Someone reserved the right to buy a game a few months prior to me. What they do with that spot is their business.

I’m an October deposit so I have a way to go but I see nothing wrong with this. Sure, I’d prefer people cancel and take their deposit back which would move me up quicker but I’m not seeing any injustice here.

I would note that people should be careful. With all the scams in pinball purchases they should be certain that they are buying a slot/deposit that actually exists.

#14564 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

How is it jumping the line? If 10 people are ahead of me and one person sells their spot there is still 10 people ahead of me. Someone reserved the right to buy a game a few months prior to me. What they do with that spot is their business.
I’m an October deposit so I have a way to go but I see nothing wrong with this. Sure, I’d prefer people cancel and take their deposit back which would move me up quicker but I’m not seeing any injustice here.
I would note that people should be careful. With all the scams in pinball purchases they should be certain that they are buying a slot/deposit that actually exists.

Yes I agree with this. I don't see taking someone else's spot in the line in this way as a problem. It's not like someone "cutting in" and thus pushing everyone else back.
Now, someone who ordered and paid after others and getting their machine first, that I have an issue with; that's "cutting in". And to be clear, I wouldn't be upset at the person who got the pin, but rather CT for causing that to happen.

#14565 1 year ago

Finally... After 8 years... the beast is here! Better late than never!

20230406_121626 (resized).jpg20230406_121626 (resized).jpg
#14566 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Finally... After 8 years... the beast is here! Better late than never! [quoted image]

Right on!!! Have fun!

#14567 1 year ago

Finally... After 8 years... the beast is here! Better late than never! [quoted image]

Sincerely happy for you! Enjoy it!

Someday I'll have the same post...

#14568 1 year ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Someday I'll have the same post...

I have confidence you will!

#14569 1 year ago

Guess I shouldn't be complaining about my long wait. 8 years? Way to hang in there man. You earned it.

#14570 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Guess I shouldn't be complaining about my long wait. 8 years? Way to hang in there man. You earned it.

Amen to that. Most certainly puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

#14571 1 year ago

I haven't waited 8 years, but my ~15 month wait is coming to an end. For anyone keeping score:

Deposit - Jan 25, 2022
Paid balance - Feb 9, 2023
Shipping notice - April 11, 2023

Hope it arrives before the weekend.

#14572 1 year ago

Deposit - 12/13/21
Paid Balance - 12/4/22
Shipping notice - 4/12/23

I'm super stoked! Added the apron upgrade too.

Lebowski (resized).pngLebowski (resized).png
#14573 1 year ago

Ha! Trip to Cali today, so thought I'd go here while I'm waiting for my TBL:
IMG_20230411_160921928_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230411_160921928_HDR (resized).jpg

#14574 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Ha! Trip to Cali today, so thought I'd go here while I'm waiting for my TBL:
[quoted image]

WHY???

#14575 1 year ago

Games are flowing in. Nice!

#14576 1 year ago

Deposit paid to Cointaker 10/28/2021
Balance paid 9/27/2022
Still haven’t received a ship date despite several calls and emails. Am I missing something?

Added 12 months ago:

Shipped April 17th and received April 27th!
Thank you everyone!

#14577 1 year ago
Quoted from dentgirl:Deposit paid to Cointaker 10/28/2021
Balance paid 9/27/2022
Still haven’t received a ship date despite several calls and emails. Am I missing something?

That is terrible. Inexcusable. I am sorry.

#14578 1 year ago
Quoted from dentgirl:

Balance paid 9/27/2022

Might have to report to Dutch pinball…

#14579 1 year ago

Tbl being delivered Monday from cointaker. The container apparently arrived.

#14580 1 year ago

I haven't opened up my game yet, but in the bowling alley it takes two tries to shoot the ball up to the orange mech. The first try fails 100% of the time. The mech starts spinning around as if a ball is in it, then it realizes the ball didn't make it so it launches the ball a second time which is 100% successful the second try.

Before I open it up: Has this happened to anyone?

#14581 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I haven't opened up my game yet, but in the bowling alley it takes two tries to shoot the ball up to the orange mech. The first try fails 100% of the time. The mech starts spinning around as if a ball is in it, then it realizes the ball didn't make it so it launches the ball a second time which is 100% successful the second try.
Before I open it up: Has this happened to anyone?

Sounds like the plunger is not properly aligned with the ball, see service faq page 51

#14582 1 year ago
Quoted from dentgirl:

Balance paid 9/27/2022

Unfortunately you’re not. As others said you should be making noise on this one. No one should be waiting anywhere close to 6 months after paying in full. Sorry this happened to you.

#14583 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sounds like the plunger is not properly aligned with the ball, see service faq page 51

Thanks Rensh. I also seemed to have posted this in the wrong thread and you found and answered it anyway! Kudos!

#14584 1 year ago

Get a playfield protector. Lotsa dimples after a month of huo usage. Also make sure you have a good set of the sun shaped screwdrivers. Mine needed several adjustments. Today there were 5 screws in the cabinet. Bowling alley needed work too.

#14585 1 year ago

Dimples are part of pinball. Not a fan of playfield protectors at all. Torx screw drivers are what you meant. Definitely handy to have a few on hand of various sizes.

#14586 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Get a playfield protector. Lotsa dimples after a month of huo usage. Also make sure you have a good set of the sun shaped screwdrivers. Mine needed several adjustments. Today there were 5 screws in the cabinet. Bowling alley needed work too.

Ehhh…not a fan of playfield protectors personally. They get cloudy over time and junk collects underneath them…but the biggest thing is they change the ball spin and the feel of the game.

Dimples happen on literally every pinball machine (there are threads dedicated to this topic) and eventually even out over thousands of plays.

Just my $.02 - pass on the PF protector.

#14587 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Service faq page 11 top mentions tools specifically needed for TBL which are uncommon with BW or stern flippers.

#14588 1 year ago

You new

exactly

#14589 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Ehhh…not a fan of playfield protectors personally. They get cloudy over time and junk collects underneath them…but the biggest thing is they change the ball spin and the feel of the game.
Dimples happen on literally every pinball machine (there are threads dedicated to this topic) and eventually even out over thousands of plays.
Just my $.02 - pass on the PF protector.

I've installed the protectors on a few of my games. I've had mixed results depending on the game and I think also depending on my install. On my Rush Premium I think I accidentally bent it just a tad trying to fit it onto the playfield (which I had to remove 70% of the items off) and now it is slightly bowed and it bugs me because you can see it "flexing" when the ball goes over certain areas. On other games like my Medieval Madness remake I think you really have to look for it to see that it is there and I see no impact on the gameplay. I'd say the same thing about Ghostbusters (no impact) because the game has always played so fast.

While I was a big fan of them at first I feel mixed about them now. If there was a factory option for it I'd take it but buying a brand new game and stripping 70-80% of the playfield soon after delivery is such a buzzkill and really takes the fun out of pinball (so what is the point?)

Dimpling doesn't bug me as it is part of pinball - but the playfield chipping on a brand new playfield does.

#14590 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Ehhh…not a fan of playfield protectors personally. They get cloudy over time and junk collects underneath them…

I bought a Hobbit with a playfield protector, looked awful... cut it off and saw the artwork properly for the first time, beautifully preserved I have to say, so the protector was good for that, but only for when the previous owner had the game... it's now getting dimples, but I prefer that than looking through the cloudy protector.

#14591 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I've installed the protectors on a few of my games. I've had mixed results depending on the game and I think also depending on my install. On my Rush Premium I think I accidentally bent it just a tad trying to fit it onto the playfield (which I had to remove 70% of the items off) and now it is slightly bowed and it bugs me because you can see it "flexing" when the ball goes over certain areas. On other games like my Medieval Madness remake I think you really have to look for it to see that it is there and I see no impact on the gameplay. I'd say the same thing about Ghostbusters (no impact) because the game has always played so fast.
While I was a big fan of them at first I feel mixed about them now. If there was a factory option for it I'd take it but buying a brand new game and stripping 70-80% of the playfield soon after delivery is such a buzzkill and really takes the fun out of pinball (so what is the point?)
Dimpling doesn't bug me as it is part of pinball - but the playfield chipping on a brand new playfield does.

I had no idea it took this much work. Seems excessive given the reality of pinball.

#14592 1 year ago

My TBL takes a beating, playfield/dimple wise, but....no chance I wanted to put a crappy playfield protector over it, before playing it.

#14593 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I had no idea it took this much work. Seems excessive given the reality of pinball.

It depends on the game - but I would say the fastest one I ever installed took about 4 hours including taking time to thoroughly clean the playfield, install cliffy protectors in the hard to reach places and switch out all the rubber rings with Titan rings. On average I would tell someone to budget 6-8 hours depending on the game and how much cleaning you want to do. In fairness there is a good chance you will find/fix a few broken things along the way and it isn't all dedicated to the protector install itself.

#14594 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

In some cases I end up using 'strategic' cuts to help limit how much I have to strip off. I then join the (eg) 2 parts with mylar strips. Cuts are done so they are hidden / not noticeable.

#14595 1 year ago

If dimpling is "normal", then why do none of my BW games have any dimpling?

#14596 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check

#14597 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Spoiler alert... They do as well...

#14598 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Spoiler alert... They do as well...

Not the ones with a diamond playfield. My HS2 was smooth as glass. Zero blemishes.

#14599 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Not the ones with a diamond playfield. My HS2 was smooth as glass. Zero blemishes.

Are you sure it wasn't dimpled everywhere to give a uniform blemish-free appearance?

#14600 1 year ago

Got my game today! Box had a gash in one side but game is in pristine shape. Haven't moved it into the house yet but will tonight!
FedEx guy definitely knew what he had on the truck.

IMG_3613 (resized).JPGIMG_3613 (resized).JPGIMG_3614 (resized).JPGIMG_3614 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 15,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 292 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/292 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.